Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E14: No Hug For You

Message added by Emma Snyder,

This is also the place to discuss the Afterparty episode.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Chalby said:

I feel especially bad for Krysten and Morgan because they were so invested in being married that I found they actually gave a lot of effort to the experience. Sadly their partners did not.

Couldn't disagree more. Morgan was bitching about Binh having covid even BEFORE they were married and then attacked him days after.

Krysten has always been so self absorbed that within a couple of weeks she was wailing and crying to the whole gang about what a perfect wife she was trying to be and mean old Mitch didn't appreciate how wonderful she was. Meanwhile she was criticizing Mitch to his face and behind his back right from the beginning. Even on the honeymoon she whined and told her tale of woe to anyone who would listen to her. She's gotten a great edit though and the edit monkeys have done absolutely no favors to Mitch.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4

The guy on the aftershow was kinda cute. Too bad he's married. & That nonsense about almost being married at first sight himself... Just. No. No you didn't sir. Don't try to be a part of the MAFS club. 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Lindy should've pushed back against that 2nd pic incident. She should've told him his issue is problematic & making her question their future. See how he likes it. She rolls over too much so he's too comfortable acting a damn fool. He has all the power in their marriage & he's definitely abusing it. Yuck!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Glad nobody got their feelings hurt by the superlatives & the crybabies didn't cry! 🤣🤣 Lindy's the newest member of the crybaby club, but her crying is understandable.

• Love 1
On 10/6/2022 at 12:32 AM, Spectator said:

Interesting, Miguel said he wanted Lindy to be able to read the room when he was tired and thus she should not have asked him to take pictures of her, yet when they were on the carriage ride and she was clearly enjoying the scenery (the horses, the bunnies, etc.), he completely failed to recognize that she was enjoying the scenery, in other words he failed to “read the room” and demanded that she ignore the scenery and focus on him while he rapid-fire recited his rap-like  poetry to her. I guess in Miguel’s world, he is in control of “the room” at all times and Lindy is expected to accommodate. He’s tired, she’s excited…”the room” is tired. He’s reciting poetry and she’s enjoying the scenery, “the room” is reciting poetry.

For a guy who talked so much about red flags with Lindy (and granted there are few!), his controlling, selfish behavior is quite a red flag of its own. As is his tendency to stamp every single argument with a proclamation that her supposedly utterly unacceptable behavior might force him to end the relationship. That is just plain toxic. 

100% concur. "MAFS, Starring  Miguel as 'The Room'! Read him NOW!"

On another note: Having endured its infliction in too many Teacher In-Service days, I loathe Meyers-Briggs with the heat of ten thousand  nuns. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, shok said:

Couldn't disagree more. Morgan was bitching about Binh having covid even BEFORE they were married and then attacked him days after.

I can’t think of one thing Morgan did for Binh. Binh had dinner set up for her when she got home from work, did that weird mermaid class with her, planned something for the one-month mark … Morgan didn’t go out of her way to do anything for him once. She put in zero effort - she put in a ton of effort when it came to bitching about perceived wrongs, but none when it came to actually being nice and supportive. I really hope somebody tells her about herself at the reunion.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 15

WTF were J&A saying during their wine date? Do they even know? Did N&S have a date? M&L had all the drama this episode & everyone else was fine, from the editing. 😄 M&L are now the worst couple & N&S are the "best."

• Love 2
On 10/6/2022 at 7:15 AM, cinsays said:

But Krysten wasn't being serious - she was joking about his personality and thoughts and Mitch saw it for what it was and laughed with her.  

I still contend that the real thing about the conversation Mitch had with Krysten's sister that got her so annoyed with him was not totally that he wanted to get her to stop using makeup.  He was given a chance to talk to her sister to get to know more about Krysten, what she likes, what he could do to make her happy and he instead chose to take the time to deal with what he would like her to do to make him happy.

I think it was mostly the fact that he wasn't attracted to her even after they've already been intimate and had good times together. She (like anyone else would) wanted him to have grown attraction and just find her to be beautiful but he is still commenting on her looks. I understand why it is upsetting and disappointing if your partner doesn't think you're gorgeous but considering the show she's on, that's the risk you take. It is not a guarantee the person you are set up with is going to like your looks so in that sense, you have to be ok with that part of the experiment. I will say that I don't think Mitch doesn't find her pretty, I think he is scared of commitment so he finds things about women that he doesn't love and harps on it as a way out. I mean, he's 41? and has never been in a serious relationship which says a lot.

• Like 1
  • Love 6

"Shirtgate" & "poolgate"? FOR WHAT?!! Tryna make it bigger than it was? They're not international incidents! They need to get over themselves & focus on building their marriage, not naming their incidents. 🤣🤣

• LOL 1
On 10/5/2022 at 6:50 PM, Crashcourse said:

Lindy would make anyone go hot and cold and blow their mind.  I think she needs therapy. 

I also think Miguel thinks she's crazy and he's afraid of her. 

I agree, I could NOT STAND to have someone interrupting me and acting like a "bird brain" and saying "oh well that's me, I'm just ALLOWED to interrupt b/c I am flighty." NOPE. I would NOPE out of there quick. 

• Love 7
On 10/5/2022 at 9:36 PM, mythoughtis said:

I agree with Justin… 8 weeks isn’t really enough time to know if you want to be married.  It is probably enough time to know if it’s not working at all.  Alexis, of course chose not to listen to what he was trying to say.  

Plus, he said he’s glad they waited to have sex, as it was more meaningful to him as he’s probably in love with her.  Sex is great anytime whether it’s a one night stand, a week, etc,. but I think if you care for someone, it’s even much better.  Just my opinion anyhow. 😀 I agree with what you said.

• Love 2
On 10/6/2022 at 12:37 PM, Retired at last said:

First - the clothes: what the hell was Krysten wearing? The dress was fine, but NOT with the black bra and those clumpy shoes. Alexis was Alexis - always tacky. But, I did like her orange shoes. Stacia and Nate were classy, as always. Good Lord - that dress Miguel (or production) picked for Lindy was the most unflattering mess she has ever been in. I know she dresses strangely, but in that dress, we could see exactly what she tries to hide with her regular "style."

I know it is not the popular opinion, but I am totally Team Miguel. Lindy is an immature, pouty child, most likely dealing with attention deficit issues. All of her, "I'm trying," is enough. Yes, she is totally insecure about him leaving, but he was right about the nonsense with the picture (again, most likely production driven). 

For some reason, the women's voices were all driving me crazy. Krysten (who I usually like), was completely obnoxious and I didn't like her one bit. And, she can't dance, despite what she thinks. I hate that she keeps playing like there is a chance for their relationship, and then starts yelling stuff. They are done, which is fine. I still don't understand half of what Alexis says, but yippee - they had sex. Whatever. I didn't appreciate (production driven) visit with sex toys for Miguel and Lindy. And that dinner trick of not being able to stop the remote was disgusting and demeaning.

I saw most of the day trips, but I fell asleep before the show was over. And I missed the afterparty. And I don't care. All I want to see is the Reunion show, but I am more interested in seeing who is together NOW, if any of them.

Yeah, that sex swing was really a turn on, lol.  Lindy could have broke her neck with all the laughter they did.  Like it really helped, as Miguel can’t stand her, and  what was the purpose of wearing those panties to a dinner?  Like he didn’t know how to shut the thing off.  Yeah.  Production reaching.  

• Love 5
8 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Miguel seems like a sociopath to me. He is beyond egocentric, all the while speaking in his modulated, careful manner, putting on a facade of "reasonableness." 

He is, in short, nuts.

I think they’re all nuts and that’s why they were not married.  Unless they are all Actors.

• Wink 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Lindz said:

"Shirtgate" & "poolgate"? FOR WHAT?!! Tryna make it bigger than it was? They're not international incidents! They need to get over themselves & focus on building their marriage, not naming their incidents. 🤣🤣

It's just a phrase. Putting gate on the end of incidents stopped being a serious thing decades ago.

• Love 1

Doing the rewatch on a Friday night I am!  And stoned so here are my thoughts:  

Goddamn Krysten was like This Krysten Goes to 11. I feel like she was embarrassed by her outburst and then is now trying to be lighthearted and fun.  And she looks loonier than being upset that Mitch thinks she's got too much makeup on.

Lindy, girl you annoy the shit at me, but RUN.  You need someone who is likes to be twee and goofy with a supposed temper that no one wants to see!  Miguel is a dud and not nearly as attractive as he thinks he is. Didn't that guy have the nerve to say something like this is why you haven't found a husband yet?  And then Lindy pointed out the irony (loved her for that) given I hated her groveling.

Mitch, damn it you make me like you.

Alexis, I kind of love her as a reality TV villain.

I love Nate calling out the bullshit.

Stacia showing her fun side is nice to see.

I like Justin.

• Love 2

I'm not a big Lindy fan. I find her overly cutesy personality grating and annoying. However, with that said, Lindy needs to run from Miguel. It'll just get worse. My guess is he suffers from small dick syndrome. He made a comment a couple of episodes ago when they had the fake baby. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

And OMG I'm at the poem scene.  This is my favorite scene ever of Lindy!  That self-important jackass. I would've been having a hard time not laughing in his face.

Watching this scene stoned makes Lindy so redeeming.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

Boy did they play Mitch with that multiple divorces superlative. 🤣🤣 Morgan did make sense for that, but she wasn't there & not part of the experiment anymore. & Krysten loves to drag stuff out too much. So cringe!

• LOL 1
11 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

And OMG I'm at the poem scene.  This is my favorite scene ever of Lindy!  That self-important jackass. I would've been having a hard time not laughing in his face.

Watching this scene stoned makes Lindy so redeeming.

because sober you would see that she isn't

ha

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, cinsays said:

because sober you would see that she isn't

ha

Hah, but as flighty and hard to take as Lindy might be at least she's upbeat and well intended, whereas her Miguel is just scary and soul crushing.  Hers are issues that the right person for her might find forgivable.  His are not.

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
39 minutes ago, Yeah No said:

Hah, but as flighty and hard to take as Lindy might be at least she's upbeat and well intended, whereas her Miguel is just scary and soul crushing.  Hers are issues that the right person for her might find forgivable.  His are not.

I'm so with you on that.  She irritates me, but I can't find one thing redeeming about that egomaniac.

• Love 3

And bless her heart, girlfriend cannot dance. 

She can't but I love that she has fun with it. She really does seem to dance like no one is watching so good for her!

I agree, I could NOT STAND to have someone interrupting me and acting like a "bird brain" and saying "oh well that's me, I'm just ALLOWED to interrupt b/c I am flighty." NOPE. I would NOPE out of there quick. 

Lindy annoyed me with this because I have the same bad habit - I interrupt people, not from a desire to be rude but because I get really caught up in conversations and things just roll out of my mouth. I recently asked my husband to help me be better about this because it's something I don't like about myself and I recognize that it's rude and disrespectful. I feel like Lindy's chalking it up to "just my personality" is a cop out, especially if she knows this is something that annoys her husband (and probably a lot of other people). I'm all for taking other people as they are, warts and all, but there is a time and place for reflection and self improvement too.

• Love 7

Watching again today.  Lindy and Miguel are completely two different people and will not get along no matter what.  If they met the normal way that people do, they would have gone on a few dates and realized they weren’t a good match and ended it.  Most of these chosen aren’t a good match.  Meeting, having a courtship for awhile, then maybe falling in love is the way to go.  This, throwing two people together on the fly and cementing the deal with marriage is too quick.  Most are not combatible  Lindy is who she is, same with Miguel.  Just not for each other.  The rest of them are very doubtful also.  Even Nate I think.  IMO.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 1

I'm not buying no one's told Lindy about her constant, disrespectful interrupting... Has she had a husband that stuck around?!!! WTF?!!! Glad she flipped that question back on him. He's really overt with his threat of quitting. TERRIBLE! She shouldn't be scared of losing someone so awful. He's exploiting that fear. Can't wait til he's off my screen FOREVER!!

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I'm so with you on that.  She irritates me, but I can't find one thing redeeming about that egomaniac.

Just don't bother Miguel or ask him to do anything when he is:

Chillin'. Sleeping. Thinking. Relaxing. Pondering. Contemplating. Daydreaming. Ruminating. Imagining. Conjuring. Lounging. Meditating. Or contacting.

But as for Lindy being like "I agree and...SQUIRREL!" distracted, IMO it's  because a conversation can be continued, but maybe that squirrel will be gone in a trice! I mean, isn't it normal to point out fleeting things---a rainbow 🌈, a soaring hawk 🦅, a lightning flash---even while talking 🗣?

Just me and Lindy? All-righty, then! 🐿

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • LOL 5
  • Love 9

N&S loaning out the sex swing. Ew. & Justin inquiring about it. Double ew. I hope he wasn't asking to borrow it next. Is this the season of the traveling sex swing?? 😬😬

• LOL 6
43 minutes ago, Lindz said:

N&S loaning out the sex swing. Ew. & Justin inquiring about it. Double ew. I hope he wasn't asking to borrow it next. Is this the season of the traveling sex swing?? 😬😬

next they buzzing panties get passed around.  ugh

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 3
On 10/6/2022 at 9:05 PM, Yeah No said:

When I was Lindy's age I used to feel that INTJs were a little too hard-nosed for me, but as I've gotten older the ones in my age bracket and I have generally grown to meet each other in the middle as far as thinking vs. feeling goes.  Facts are now my friend and more important to me as I get older, LOL.  😉 

@Yeah No Good to read your thoughts here - INFJs are the dominant type represented in my relationships. It seems the perfect balance most of the time, but when there is thinking/feeling conflict all the heels are all dug in :D. I won't even get started on being partnered for 30 years with an ENTP - the shared NT is bliss, and the E isn't even that hard for me to take...but the qualities associated with the P - oy vey!! (J = Here is the itinerary for each day of the vacation, created after painstaking research determining the best of everything, to make sure we get the most out of it. P = Why would you do such a thing? A vacation is for spontaneous flim-flamming! 🤪)

I actually think that Lindy and Miguel could potentially make a satisfying partnership IF one of them made a massive effort to come to the middle in the areas in which they're extreme. As we've both stated, another huge ask.

• Useful 1

If they met the normal way that people do, they would have gone on a few dates and realized they weren’t a good match and ended it.

One date. I think Miguel would have run as soon as the check came. He is not an outwardly emotional person and I don't think he has any idea how to deal with Lindy's emotions...

• Love 3
17 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

But as for Lindy being like "I agree and...SQUIRREL!" distracted, IMO it's  because a conversation can be continued, but maybe that squirrel will be gone in a trice! I mean, isn't it normal to point out fleeting things---a rainbow 🌈, a soaring hawk 🦅, a lightning flash---even while talking 🗣?

Yes, interrupting is rude, but I completely agree with this. I don't like Lindy at all, and I wasn't crazy about her once again doing the "he couldn't handle one of MY outbursts" in a TH, but in her defense, she did do "oh look, a bunny!!" but then continued with "and you were saying..." So she at least acknowledged she was listening and cared enough to continue the conversation. 

And seriously, he was tired from work? Oh suck it up and have fun, leave work at work.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Watching again today.  Lindy and Miguel are completely two different people and will not get along no matter what.  If they met the normal way that people do, they would have gone on a few dates and realized they weren’t a good match and ended it.  Most of these chosen aren’t a good match.  Meeting, having a courtship for awhile, then maybe falling in love is the way to go.  This, throwing two people together on the fly and cementing the deal with marriage is too quick.  Most are not combatatible.  Lindy is who she is, same with Miguel.  Just not for each other.  The rest of them are very doubtful also.  Even Nate I think.  IMO.

Sounds about right to me.  I think someone like Lindy, who is basically an "escapee" from a restrictive religion, would pair better with someone who came from a similar background and also left the fold.  They wouldn't have to have come from her specific religion, but just have been through similar experiences in having a sheltered childhood and being raised very restrictively and then breaking free from that.   I saw that once on "Breaking Amish" where Jeremiah, who was raised Amish, married a woman who was raised in and left a cult.  They connected on a level that they probably couldn't have with someone that hadn't been through a similar experience.  Of course that couple has had its ups and downs but I understand why they chose each other.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, thatsall said:

@Yeah No Good to read your thoughts here - INFJs are the dominant type represented in my relationships. It seems the perfect balance most of the time, but when there is thinking/feeling conflict all the heels are all dug in :D. I won't even get started on being partnered for 30 years with an ENTP - the shared NT is bliss, and the E isn't even that hard for me to take...but the qualities associated with the P - oy vey!! (J = Here is the itinerary for each day of the vacation, created after painstaking research determining the best of everything, to make sure we get the most out of it. P = Why would you do such a thing? A vacation is for spontaneous flim-flamming! 🤪)

I actually think that Lindy and Miguel could potentially make a satisfying partnership IF one of them made a massive effort to come to the middle in the areas in which they're extreme. As we've both stated, another huge ask.

Hah, here's a secret - my husband has consistently tested INTJ on the Myers Briggs over the years.  So maybe that's one reason why I feel like I know INTJs so well.  When I mentioned how the thinking and feeling difference between the two types "softens" as people mature I was speaking from experience.  As he has gotten older my husband has developed more of his feeling side.  As I have matured I've developed more of my thinking.  So now we meet in the middle on most things and don't dig our heels in nearly as much as we used to, unless we are under extreme stress.  If you follow a certain theory, thinking is an INFJ's 3rd favorite function while feeling is an INTJ's third, so it's not as hard for me as it might be for Lindy who would have to develop her 4th and weakest function (thinking) to meet Miguel in the middle.  So even if they could stick it out long enough to develop their weaker functions, that would be a lot to ask of Lindy.  But on the other hand, I am starting to suspect that Miguel has issues beyond type that also threaten the future of this relationship.  

P.S.  I love ENTPs and ENFPs but both would drive me even more crazy than INFPs in a relationship!

Edited by Yeah No
correction
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

No, not just you. I agree. You bring up a very good point. She is scatterbrained, but even if she hadn't been distracted by all the cute animals, it would have been hard to focus on Miguel anyway, droning on with his stupid poetry, recited to rap. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

No, not just you. I agree. You bring up a very good point. She is scatterbrained, but even if she hadn't been distracted by all the cute animals, it would have been hard to focus on Miguel anyway, droning on with his stupid poetry, recited to rap. 

Then he told her SHE was "out of place" for commenting on what they were seeing on the carriage ride.  Ummm.....I see it the other way around.

I think Miguel was the one not "reading the room" there.  Being outside on a carriage ride is probably a situation best suited for just taking in everything around you than it is for expecting someone to be laser focused on your lame-o rap poetry recital.  That would have been better suited to when they were alone in their room.  I kind of doubt she would have been so distracted then.  He needs to know when to find the right "moment".  See how I turned his argument around on him?  Well, he deserves it.

I just want to say, "Lighten up, Francis", to Miguel.  Plus, I have a thing about men that act as if your primary function is to be a bobblehead reacting to everything THEY do and THEY say 24/7 and they can't share your attention with anyone else ever.  And he was giving me those vibes in this scene.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

Yes, interrupting is rude, but I completely agree with this. I don't like Lindy at all, and I wasn't crazy about her once again doing the "he couldn't handle one of MY outbursts" in a TH, but in her defense, she did do "oh look, a bunny!!" but then continued with "and you were saying..." So she at least acknowledged she was listening and cared enough to continue the conversation. 

And seriously, he was tired from work? Oh suck it up and have fun, leave work at work.

It’s crunch time and he’s letting her down little by little.  So obvious.  It’s not hard as that baby voice is grating on the nerves, and she goes on and on about what?  I don’t even know.  She babbles too much for no reason.  It’s just in her.  He’s no bargain either.  Very moody.

23 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Lindy and Miguel are completely two different people and will not get along no matter what......Most of these chosen aren’t a good match..... Most are not combatatible. 

Freudian slip?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Miguel should just be honest with Lindy. Her baby voiced bullshit and her demanding to be put on his insurance because she’s too lazy to work full time took a toll on the man. Did he act like a big baby? Yes, but he’s just counteracting her crap with his own now. He couldn’t even finish his poem because she can’t be bothered to give him her attention. Meanwhile he cooks for her and took care of the stupid doll because she needed her sleep so she would have energy to whine all day.

Krysten is an idiot for forgiving Mitch who criticized her to her sister. She is trying to be a good sport and make him laugh but if she had any self respect she would call him a gross headed baldy while drinking out of a plastic bottle of water. One of those bottles that makes a lot of noise.

I wish we could have seen the Justin lovemaking sessions. I bet he cried.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I want to add to the meyers Briggs part of this thread. Lindy keeps being described as an INFP, but she’s pretty extroverted. And is she more intuitive than sensory? I’m not sure.  I’m thinking more of an ESFP or an ENFP. Miquel definitely seems to be an INTJ. (I’m an ENFP married to an ISTJ— and learning what a strong J he was made me understand how to deal with a lot of our issues.)

(Also, as someone who tends to interrupt too much, I will say that if some guy was reciting crappy poetry to me during a romantic carriage ride, and that poetry wasn’t actually written about me, I’d be actively searching for squirrels, rainbows and unicorns just to get him to stop.)

Lindy keeps warning us about the  intense anger version of Lindy, but we’ve never seen the full-on monster she keeps warning Miguel about. I suspect that someone, most likely her conservative family, but maybe an ex, put it into her head that her anger is crazy and extreme. When in reality, it’s not. 

From early on, I have not cared for Miguel, because he seemed like he has a mean, controlling streak bubbling underneath. We certainly saw that side of him this week. 

I go back and forth on Mitch and Krysten. I think he is often clueless and insensitive, but unlike at first, I don’t think he means harm. Most of the time he seems to accept criticism well. As for Krysten I was very impressed with her maturity at first. But now that she seems to have written him off, she’s finally starting to lash out due to her hurt feelings. I thought her Mitch impression, complete with costume, and the divorce stuff was hurtful. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Yeah No said:

Sounds about right to me.  I think someone like Lindy, who is basically an "escapee" from a restrictive religion, would pair better with someone who came from a similar background and also left the fold.  They wouldn't have to have come from her specific religion, but just have been through similar experiences in having a sheltered childhood and being raised very restrictively and then breaking free from that.   I saw that once on "Breaking Amish" where Jeremiah, who was raised Amish, married a woman who was raised in and left a cult.  They connected on a level that they probably couldn't have with someone that hadn't been through a similar experience.  Of course that couple has had its ups and downs but I understand why they chose each other.

!00%.  I was raised in a cult that didnt allow us to watch TV, dance, or talk to outsiders, or eat their food.  When I broke out, I was sort of like Lindy, and it was awkward. But eventually I was able to integrate and manage my emotions.  My girlfriend broke out of the cult too, and its totally spot on that getting with someone who went through that, made the relationship much easier.  Because I dont have to constantly explain all of the weird shit I went through.  When I dated normies it was to weird for people and I had to constantly explain things. 

I think Lindy is annoying af, but I get why.  Miguel is ready to bounce. He was like a total asshole this week.  I agree with the comment above about how he is boring.

I am getting bored with the sex toys. Justin is too tall to use that swing.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Cramps said:

I want to add to the meyers Briggs part of this thread. Lindy keeps being described as an INFP, but she’s pretty extroverted. And is she more intuitive than sensory? I’m not sure.  I’m thinking more of an ESFP or an ENFP. Miquel definitely seems to be an INTJ. (I’m an ENFP married to an ISTJ— and learning what a strong J he was made me understand how to deal with a lot of our issues.)

As an introvert I feel like it "takes one to know one".  It can be hard to tell the difference when all you see is the person extroverting all the time, and we all do extrovert all the time, but even more so on a show like this.  I've known many people of all types and know that INFs can often seem extraverted to non-INF's in certain situations.  We're people-people after all, but we especially light up around others in social situations.  You'd probably say I was an extravert too if you saw me on this show.  And usually I'm best at figuring out whether someone is introverted or extroverted and whether they are sensing or intuitive.  As a dominant introverted intuitive, those things are sometimes easy for me to spot. 

Let me put it to you this way - If Lindy were an extravert I think she'd be more of an initiator and less of a reactor, and seem less inward and more bubbly, outgoing and personable with everyone than she even seems on the show. She would be more center stage in social situations and a leader and influencer with the group and group interactions.  You would never know she's not there and the camera would be constantly focusing on her because she'd be giving it something to focus on (like Alexis and her expressions, LOL).  She would seek out and display more comfort in the spotlight and speak up more often in the group.  I feel that she has more of a shy, retiring way about her than an extrovert would have.  I haven't felt confident to type any of the others, or even tried to, mind you, because they haven't really "pinged" for me as loudly as this couple have, but I am suspecting that Krysten and especially Alexis might both be extraverts, but don't quote me on that because I'm not sure.

Also, as far as intuition goes, I haven't seen her and Miguel clash type-wise on anything but Thinking and Feeling and Judgment vs. Perception, or being able to go with the flow being a P type (like Lindy can) or needing structure and closure being a J type (like Miguel does).  Also, I think theirs is an even harder clash on Thinking and Feeling than it would be for me with Miguel because INFPs are dominant feelers and I'm a dominant intuitive, and I feel like I understand a little of both their points of view here.  Also, if Lindy were Sensing as opposed to Intuitive, I'd be feeling a certain kind of frustration with her that I'm not feeling when she interacts with Miguel.  Plus I feel that we would see some evidence of their clashing on that and I haven't seen it.  Usually I find other NF types to be more flighty than "SF" types.  Sensors always feel more grounded to me, while intuitives (like myself) feel more nebulous.  And Lindy definitely doesn't give me that "grounded" feeling in any way.  She and Miguel are not clashing on certain things, but they are clashing on others and so that's where I think their differences lie.  And for me that's only on the T/F scale and the J/P scale.  Plus I've just known so many INFPs and ENFPs that I can usually tell the difference.  What can I say, that's my opinion.  YMMV!!

ETA:  When I say I've known a lot of people of a certain type, it's because they've tested that way on the official MBTI and own up to that being their type.  It's not just because I've typed them in my own mind and am convinced they are that type.  I spent many years on personality type chat boards and got to know a lot of people both online and in person so I've had many points of comparison presented to me from interacting with them and seeing them interact with each other.  Plus, I worked in the corporate world for decades where they used to routinely give everyone the MBTI and we would discuss our results with each other.  Every once in a while I'd meet someone I didn't feel tested correctly or who didn't feel the test got their type right, but those were usually in the minority.  I've known people who swore they were extroverts who were clearly to everyone that knew them introverts and vice versa.  This isn't a hard science and relies on self-reporting which is one reason a lot of people today seem to loathe type theory.  I've studied the test and the testing methods, and the theory the test is based upon.  So I am aware of its limitations.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Useful 1
On 10/7/2022 at 8:38 AM, LennieBriscoe said:

On another note: Having endured its infliction in too many Teacher In-Service days, I loathe Meyers-Briggs with the heat of ten thousand  nuns. 

Same . I have other issues with MBTI, but this is neither the time not place. See, Miguel? I have "read the room," noted my opinion, and moved on. No stern lecturing needed.

I wonder what exactly would have made the Couples' Weekend work for Miguel. It's not like he was the only person there with a job. Yes, Lindy's annoying, but she's not going to become more tolerable overnight. And if you're looking to be annoyed, she'll definitely give you material.

On 10/7/2022 at 3:03 PM, evansmom10 said:

This would have driven me crazy, too. Lindy was listening enough to know Miguel was sharing his poem, but not enough to be aware she was cutting him off? Come on. She's reminded me of the interrupting cow knock-knock joke. Of course, Miguel could have said the second or third time "this is really important to me; can you focus on what I'm saying?" But then he wouldn't have ammo to use later when he was trying to make her feel bad. 🙄

Why would Miguel bother "planning" activities like the prom and carriage ride if he's so "low-energy" he spends it bitching that Lindy isn't whatevering enough or whatevering too much for him then moving the goalposts each time she tries to apologize and end the argument? They're both exhausting in different and incompatible ways.

• Love 2