Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Hex On The Beach

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

As the crew enjoys a boozy night out at a beach bar, a frightening accident brings the night to a sudden halt.

Kate grows increasingly unhappy with Kat’s bad attitude and constant complaining, but is Kat acting out because she fears Kate and Ben are getting just a little too close? Andrew hopes to make amends for his mistakes by giving the female guests a special performance on the skydeck. As the crew enjoys a boozy night out at a beach bar, they probe for details about Kat and Amy’s tense history until a frightening accident brings the night to a sudden halt.

I find this season so much more enjoyable without Samantha.  She nearly ruined Season 1 for me because the sight of her stupid face made me mad.  Yes, the new deck hand is lazy and spoiled, but his personality doesn't make my stomach hurt.

I don't get why Kat is bitching so hard about the beach picnic thing all of a sudden.  This is a part of every charter, just as it was last season.  What's the big deal that makes it so much worse this time?

This yacht seems much nicer to me than the Honor was.  Newer, maybe?  Larger, I think.  More tastefully decorated and designed, looks like it was done more recently than 1988.  I would really love to take a trip on Ohana.

Glad to see the Southern lady represent and tip well.  I had a feeling she would.  That whole group reminded me of people I know, and I kept thinking they were from Georgia, like me, but that's probably just because her name was Georgia.  Did they ever actually mention where they are from? 

We cracked up when Ben said "Don't be a fucking muppet", because we always call Ben a muppet!  We think he looks like Ernie, of Bert and Ernie.  Or is it Bert?  Maybe he's a perfect blend of both, like the love-child-muppet of Bert and Ernie.

That tumble off the swing looked like it could have absolutely killed or permanently disabled Kelley.  I hope he's okay.  Whose dumb ass idea was it to put a loose swing like that over hard steps where people are drinking alcohol?!?!?!  Lawsuit: deserved.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 6

Let me also say how glad I am that there is no Sam this season.  

I was thinking that Andrew was set up by production to supply the drama, but it looks like there will be plenty of other drama.  Kat/Amy - there's some sort of bad blood there that is surely going to surface.  Kelly/Jennice - maybe it'll go to full showmance status.

I liked how Kate handled Kat and her constant whining.  Seriously, she's worked as a stew for how long, and doesn't know how to fold a napkin or that the beach picnic/lunch/dinner is part of every freaking cruise?  

• Love 3

Kat seems so jealous of the admiration and maybe start of a friendship between Ben and Kate. I'm trying to figure out if she just wants to be the main female friend, or does she have a huge crush on him?

I think the problem is that Kat has no poker face, and seems to lack some basic work ethic. She seems like she could be a lot of fun, but my goodness, enough with the whining. 

• Love 2

I thought Kate was going to start singing Charlene's "I've Never Been to Me":

I've been to Nice and the Isle of Greece while I've sipped champagne on a yacht
I moved like Harlow in Monte Carlo and showed 'em what I've got
I've been undressed by kings and I've seen some things that a woman ain't supposed to see
I've been to paradise, but I've never been to me...

• Love 6

Yea it was like "who the fuck cares" right? I found it suspicious she said she rolled with people who bought her Loubis daily and drove a nice Jaguar and traveled all over but this job was great because because she made big bucks to travel everywhere. doesn't she make on the yacht like $1300 a wk or every 2 weeks and only have limited time off to enjoy the destinations? And if she returned or sold one of those pairs of shoes she was gifted all the time she'd have that amount of moola in minutes.

Something's fishy here.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I agree there's a backstory there. The 1300 was a tip, not a salary. A quick Google search reveals that yacht crews can make lots of $$$, with engineers and captains making 10-15K a month and even deck hands and stews can make up to 5K a month. Add in tips from generous clients and they can pull in some serious money. Especially since room and board is provided. I suppose it's pretty seasonal, so you have to make lots of money in a short period. If they are like cruise ship staff, most work 3 months on, 3 months off, so they have time and money to travel.

But the chicka who was talking about driving a jag and getting new Manolos every day was out of the realm of even the best paid crew member. Def something else going on.

Edited by poeticlicensed
  • Love 3

I'm really surprised that some people asks questions regarding Kate...

A part of being a call girl who decides to go fishing for bigger and hoping to become once the "wife" instead of the paid mistress (and who will get huge alimony after finding that her futur dear husband/sugar daddy was cheating on her with another wanna-be-rich), I don't know...

• Love 1

I don't understand why Amy won't just tell everyone what's going on. I mean obviously she worked with Kat in the past, she has to have some idea about what happened. I don't get what's so secretive.

Kelley's injury could be a big deal, but I have seen previews of later episodes where he's there and working....and all cuddly with Jennice. I suspect he ends up being fine in the end.

But the chicka who was talking about driving a jag and getting new Manolos every day was out of the realm of even the best paid crew member. Def something else going on.

To be fair she said that was the job she got right after college which even if you buy her stated age, which a blind person wouldn't believe she was 31 would have been several years ago and that the woman was crazy.

• Love 2

Kate has a blog...it's interesting and she's not a bad writer:  http://luckycharming.wordpress.com/.  At least she admits that she was spoiled and pampered, and does appear to actually work hard and not complain about it.  And she seems to be a much better manager than Adrienne was.  She's definitely my favorite new addition to the cast. 

I wish Dave had come back...I liked him too.  I'm not missing Sam or, surprisingly, Adrienne. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5

I'd like to see Kate without so much makeup.  I don't know her age, but I feel like she'd look at least five years younger without makeup, or at least less of it.  I'm enjoying her much more than both Sam & Adrienne at this point.

I'd like to see Kate without so much makeup.  I don't know her age, but I feel like she'd look at least five years younger without makeup, or at least less of it.  I'm enjoying her much more than both Sam & Adrienne at this point.

I'd like to see Kate without so much makeup.  I don't know her age, but I feel like she'd look at least five years younger without makeup, or at least less of it.

I think she could be the age she says she is. She looks like she may have started the Botox a little too young (and hit it too hard).

• Love 1

When I first saw Kate on the show, I thought she was in her early thirties and still do.  She does look like she may have spent a lot of time out in the sun, which does happen when you work on a yacht.  I also think she's a great addition to the show and is much more interesting than Adrienne.

I really like the show it's first season and so far this season.  Glad they brought back Captain Lee, Eddie, Ben and Kat.  Isn't Captain Lee a lot more relaxed this season?

Captain Lee does seem more relaxed. I think he may have a small crush on Kate. Kate has sun damaged skin and just a very mature look. I would be shocked if she's really in her 30's but if so she must be 38 or 39. There is nothing youthful about her.

Ben and Kat obviously have some feelings for each other. It's cute. I like Amy a lot.

Poor Kelley! That fall was awful

I'm surprised that Kate was such a good addition to the show. She's kind of snarky, kind of bitchy, and very observant...just the right thing we needed for the show. I really thought the only reason why she was on this show was because she could pass for somebody on The Real Housewives.

But you KNOW that Kat can't stand her, which will be interesting.

I agree. I think we found out on the next episode how hurt he and his sister were by their parents' divorce. He tears up talking about his sis, and that made me like him even more. I think there's a nice vulnerability under the beautiful exterior. Le sigh.

Captain Lee does seem more relaxed. I think he may have a small crush on Kate. Kate has sun damaged skin and just a very mature look. I would be shocked if she's really in her 30's but if so she must be 38 or 39. There is nothing youthful about her.

Ben and Kat obviously have some feelings for each other. It's cute. I like Amy a lot.

Poor Kelley! That fall was awful

Kate already has the Real Housewives look to me.  Clearly she is doing some botox and has had other surgeries.  I would think her true age is 35 but she looks nearly 45 w/the plastic surgery.

I love, love, love Ben.  

• Love 1

I like Kate far more than Adrienne of last season. She's a much better leader than Adrienne. Yes she's frosty but in a different sort way than Adrienne who was just cold all the time. So far Kate seems to be able to dial it back and have fun with others. We will see as time goes on.

After watching last season and with the start of this one I think that when it comes to friendships Kat gets along better with men than she does with women.

• Love 2

I agree that Kate is a much better leader than Adrienne. Kate is aloof but somehow can relate to others too. Adrienne was just awful, not a light-hearted bone in her body.

I also agree that Kat gets along better with men than women.

Jennice is funny. The very second she saw Kelley she knew she was cheating on her boyfriend. She didn't waste a minute and didn't think twice about it. Kelley is a hottie, I guess she couldn't avoid it, ha ha!

• Love 2

I think the Kat/Amy thing was over a boy. Maybe someone that Kat liked who liked Amy instead and then Kat got nasty about it. I like Kat, but she seems to be a very jealous type of person who gets angry really quickly if she feels like one of her people is paying attention to someone else.

I liked how Kate handled Kat and her constant whining.  Seriously, she's worked as a stew for how long, and doesn't know how to fold a napkin or that the beach picnic/lunch/dinner is part of every freaking cruise?  

Loved how Kate looked straight into the camera when talking about all of Kat's bitching and said "Please don't make me hate you". ! I get the feeling she has Kat's number already. Say what you will about her, I think ole' Kate isn't going to take any crap from these people.

• Love 2

Maybe Amy tried to call Kat out on her problems with alcohol (possibly when Kate was drunk), & Kat lashed out at her.

That's very possible, but regardless of what the full story is why aren't they just asking Amy, if Kat won't spill the beans? Kat isn't the only person involved who knows what happened. I don't get why we're being led to believe only Kat knows why there's this huge animosity.

That's very possible, but regardless of what the full story is why aren't they just asking Amy, if Kat won't spill the beans? Kat isn't the only person involved who knows what happened. I don't get why we're being led to believe only Kat knows why there's this huge animosity.

It's possible she is. I mean, it's possible that Amy knows what happened kind of, but not why Kat was upset. Remember last season when Kat wanted to switch rooms so she could bunk with Ben instead of Aidriene? At one point Ben and Audruene talked about it and both were ok with it do they told Kat fine. Kat was incensed! Some nonsense about how they should have talked to her, but they both had the night before, then they talked to each other and did what Kat wanted. No matter howany times she explained her anger it made no sense. And no matter how many times they both pointed out that she was inventing stuff to be upset about, she would not let it go. Maybe it was something like that where Amy knows the sequence of events more or less, but is at a loss as to why Kat is upset.

• Love 1

Kat could just be inventing a reason to be all piss-faced at Amy, but Amy still could give her version of events; whether that explains Kat's drama or not I guess we will have to watch and see. I also foresee Kat and Kate getting into it over Ben. Even though Kat says she has a boyfriend I still get the vibe that she is the type of girl who needs constant male attention. If she doesn't feel she's getting enough she gets angry and jealous.

Maybe it was something like that where Amy knows the sequence of events more or less, but is at a loss as to why Kat is upset.

I think it's the other way around.  We've seen a couple THs where Amy says Kat knows why she & Amy fell out, but Kat is pretending to not know why Amy is upset.  That's why I think it could be something that happened when Kat was drunk.  Kat may not remember what happened, or may be embarrassed enough to pretend to not remember.  But Amy remembers & is still annoyed/upset with Kat. 

My two cents : it was the last night they worked together, they were both drunk and eventually slept together. Amy remembers it, Kat doesn't.

OK, I'm already -> out

Edited by Diane Mars

Does anyone know when this season was filmed vs. when Season 1 was aired?  I'm wondering if Kate and the other newbies had time to see the veterans of the show (Kat and Ben) in action before they started their "jobs"??

Kat seems super bitter in general this season. Last season she was a hot mess that got her feeling hurt at the drop of a hat, but she seemed like a hard worker. Now she just seems over it. Maybe she is. I can imagine that type of job has an emotional shelf life for most people. Maybe Kat's just hit her wall and needs to start thinking about the next chapter.

• Love 1

Oh and Amy hasn't lived at home for 12 years. So if she moved out at 18 that makes her 30. Wow. By her looks I thought she was about 24/25. She and Katie are almost the same age. Think about that for a minute.

• Love 1

I don't know, Amy is more how I picture a typical early 30-something in their looks, while Kate looks like she hasn't seen the other side of 35 in a long, long time. Amy's bubbly attitude probably makes her seem younger, but if you look closely at her face you can see the telltale signs that she's not really a young girl anymore.

They definitely seem to be pushing the showmance thing more this year, after last year when all you really got was a hook-up between Kat and Ben, and the whole Sam/CJ "We're like siblings who make out" deal. Not that I can blame Jennice- despite the fact that Kelley sets off my red flags, he is still pretty damn cute and I can't blame her for jumping on that.

I like Kate far more than Adrienne of last season. She's a much better leader than Adrienne. Yes she's frosty but in a different sort way than Adrienne who was just cold all the time. So far Kate seems to be able to dial it back and have fun with others. We will see as time goes on.

I'm pleasantly surprised at how much I like Kate. She's direct, honest, but also able to have a little fun, which is how I'd want my boss to be. Definitely a good addition to the show.

• Love 2
That tumble off the swing looked like it could have absolutely killed or permanently disabled Kelley.  I hope he's okay.  Whose dumb ass idea was it to put a loose swing like that over hard steps where people are drinking alcohol?!?!?!  Lawsuit: deserved.

I thought that too at first, then I realized that bars shouldn't have to make their spaces idiot proof.  If you're an adult, get wasted and get hurt, well that on you IMO, it's like not anybody's holding a gun to your head and making you drink.

• Love 2

Does anyone know when this season was filmed vs. when Season 1 was aired?  I'm wondering if Kate and the other newbies had time to see the veterans of the show (Kat and Ben) in action before they started their "jobs"??

I just caught up on all these episodes over the weekend and I Googled one of the charter guests, Georgia Ricks from North Carolina, who was in the first two episodes. I checked out her Facebook page and they took the charter trip in January of this year. 

• Love 1