Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Hope(Kristen Alfonso) looks better than she did when on the show before...her face is more full & not so gaunt

Yeah....didn't want to seem like I'm shaming her so I didnt bring it up but....fillers? I'm guessing so since she doesn't seem bigger overall. I've long wished she'd gain weight but...

Well, whatever the case, she does look good.

2 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Dr. Rolf was trying to scramble the brains of 2 Men: Bo & Stefan, so they would love 'crazy" women again...sheesh. 

Seriously. I'm embarrassed for him too at this point.

• Like 4
17 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

Where were Marlena, Kate, and Kayla when they were chatting with Nick in faux heaven/purgatory?  How did they have a mutual hallucination?  Was it explained, and I just wasn’t paying attention?  How did Kayla project herself to her living room for a chat with Steve?  Yikes.  How is Kate communicating with Roman through an urn that doesn’t even contain her ashes?  

When Marlena/Kate/Kayla died, their souls were taken to the afterlife while Megan kept their bodies alive. It shouldn't have happened but the devil/Nick did it because they're, you know, evil lol. Then Jake convinced Nick to release their souls back to their bodies. The chats were all done sort of like telepathically. The urn wasn't talking to anyone, Kate was communicating from the afterlife. 

10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Kayla and Doc, you will need more charm to get anything out of Rolf.

I mean, he was about to tell them it was Bo until Megan showed up.

• Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
16 hours ago, Elio Kukui said:

Most interesting to me was hearing that Kimberly's a psychologist.  Is that true about her?

Peter seemed and sounded a little bit more settled in today.  He's certainly finding his groove again, and that's good.

Yes she's a shrink and wrote a book about her multiple personalities which was referenced when Abby split.

• Like 5

Oh Chanel. I'm never too happy to be annoyed with your mother.

Anyone else find it weird that no one in Eric's life ever once before, in all these years, encouraged him to open a gallery? They showed more enthusiasm about him becoming a priest and pursuing that career than his photography. I'm annoyed Sloan gets the distinction of making such an obvious suggestion.

I thought the whole deal with her was that her mother wasn't actually killed/pushed and that she either doesn't know or doesn't accept it...right?

I hope she gets better writing than Ted Laurent, the last "sexy lawyer" to heat up the sheets on this show.

So, EJ's plan is to trick Gabi into cheating on Li so that his stocks don't transfer to her after all? I missed the details there...

What did Rafe safe about Dario? I didn't hear.

Nicole's sexy dress of eeeevillll is interesting. Matches up with EJ's tie nicely.

I rather like this Li/Gabi/EJ/Stefan subplot. It's a bit silly but not too much compared to this show's other plots. You can root for everyone somehow. No one is out of character. Li is still grey without going too dark. EJ is the most selfish one and loves it, which tracks. It doesn't push anyone too far out of their natural "zone".

Have we gotten to see Belle go up against Sloan in court?

No thoughts on the Hunters yet.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I thought the whole deal with her was that her mother wasn't actually killed/pushed and that she either doesn't know or doesn't accept it...right?

I think it is that Paulina paid authorities to say it was a suicide and remove Chanel's involvement. She is angry at the cover up and that she was told her mother topped herself when it wasn't true. I'd be mad if I thought my mother had left me voluntarily and then found out that was a lie.

• Like 8
4 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So Chanel did kill her then?

I hope Talia isn't just a replacement for Allie in the relationship department.

No.  The woman lured Chanel to the roof by sending a text pretending she was her cheating husband and then attacked Chanel on the roof.  Her fall was an accident, though I presume she must have set up the meeting on the roof hoping it was Chanel who would take the nosedive.

Too bad she wasn't wearing whatever 9 inch nails Sloane does, because she absolutely BOUNCES like a kangaroo in them.  

Then no death, just a fashion faux pas.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
6 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

So Chanel did kill her then?

I hope Talia isn't just a replacement for Allie in the relationship department.

Chanel had sex with her husband. Sloane Mom was obviously pissed. They met on a roof. Sloane Mom made a run at Chanel who sidestepped and she fell off the roof. Chanel didn't kill her but was there, and Paulina erased her being there with cash bribes, which is what Sloane is angry about. I don't blame Chanel or Sloane in this, one was taken advantage of by an authority figure and the other just found out her Mom's death was a cover up. Paulina is in the wrong here

I am also hoping Talia is straight lol. Unless there is blinding chemistry it feels forced. Never got into "Challie" as Chanel pops with Johnny and even Tripp

• Like 5
20 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

Not quite.  Martha (Sloan's mother) merely wanted to confront Chanel and force her to stay away from Nathan (Sloan's father).  It didn't turn violent until Chanel started taunting Martha with everything she'd done with Nathan, and the plans that Nathan had made to leave her for Chanel.  That was when Martha attacked Chanel and, eventually, ended up going over the roof.

So for all intents and purposes, it sounds like a mix between an accident and self-defense.

I wish the show would do a little flashback. I find it hard to remember things I'm not shown, but I'm guessing the show also wants some wriggle room in case they choose to change their minds about some details later on.

I thought this episode was very middle of the road. 

3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anyone else find it weird that no one in Eric's life ever once before, in all these years, encouraged him to open a gallery? They showed more enthusiasm about him becoming a priest and pursuing that career than his photography. I'm annoyed Sloan gets the distinction of making such an obvious suggestion.

I'm obviously spitballing here, but I don't find it that weird. I think the show is quite committed to showing the male Brady clan as everymen, with some exceptions of course. Rex is an exception. However, he was also an alien at one point, so I'm not certain what rules apply to him. With Andrew's parents, the show may not feel obligated to present him as an everyman, but I didn't watch Beyond Salem II. There wasn't enough in his episode with Paul for me to get a sense of what type of character archetype he's supposed to have.

As far as Eric's close relationships go, Marlena and Nicole are the only two I could see suggesting a gallery to him. Sami is selfish. EM's Brady doesn't present as cultured or cosmopolitan as KL's Brady did. I can't imagine JT's or WN's Roman suggesting an art gallery. I'm not quite certain what Eric's relationships with John and Belle are. I feel he should be closer to both than we actually see on the show. With John, I think it depends on what version of John as some eras of John have been more cultured than others. I could see ambitious Belle suggesting it to Eric, but I don't know if she's close enough to him to care about his career.

Marlena and Nicole are the only two who love Eric enough and seem worldly and ambitious enough to suggest an art gallery. Oddly, I do think Eric's more recent romantic entanglements feel more likely to care about him, and be cultured and ambitious: Jennifer, Sarah, Jada, and Sloan of course feel like realistic options to encourage Eric's professional and artistic ambitions.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 5
41 minutes ago, Elio Kukui said:

With Lindsay Arnold gone, they can't.  Chanel told her account of the story to Allie, and they probably don't want to fork over additional royalties to Lindsay now that she's gone.

They do it all the time with people who have left the show.  

• Like 3

I don't blame Chloe for calling Rachel a little monster. In context, it made perfect sense, and it was more an insult to Kristen than Rachel. However, Brady doesn't have that context, so I'm curious how he'll respond. 

This was such a small, throwaway moment, but I loved that Chloe ended her conversation with Nicole with, "I love you."

Abe/Chad and Paulina/Stephanie were weird scenes. I just don't think the Stephanie/Paulina dynamic works, and how many people are going to tell Chad it's okay for him to move on with his wife's cousin? 

SH said we'll get a long break from Kristen with her last Kristen departure. I was hoping the break would be longer.

I didn't realize Maggie was still Brady's sponsor. I enjoyed their scene and was pleasantly surprised. It feels like it's been a long time - years? - since we got a Maggie/Brady scene. I thought Maggie felt like Maggie Horton in that scene and less like Maggie Kiriakis.

I miss when Maggie had strong relationships with Brady and Chloe (and Lucas). 

I liked this episode more than yesterday's episode.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 5

The forums went down just as I finished this yesterday.

Sloan, it is a great idea for Eric to own and run a gallery. It may need a bit of tweaking in terms of what he will be selling, how much of a customer base is in Salem and maybe even as far as Chicago, and whether he would make any money. Maybe it has been suggested before but there was no cash influx to make it viable.  Perhaps a Nicole offered to help fund it but he declined. The rich folks are the Kiriakis family, the DiMera family, and maybe the Shin family.

So Chanel’s new baking hire is a doctor who wants to work at a bakery? She was in the top 5% at Stanford and could land a practice anywhere, but she chose Salem. Why????

Gabi, don’t you think you are a little underdressed to meet with reps from the store to talk about a possible fashion line? Li needs to go with you?

Awww, poor Stefan has no idea he is falling into EJ and Nicole’s trap.

At least Paulina might stop wailing now that she has some funds back.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

At least Paulina might stop wailing now that she has some funds back.

I know, right??  She huffs, she puffs, she tries to blow the house down everytime she gets more than two lines in a row.  I liked Chanel basically telling her to take it down a notch and tell her what Belle was calling about.  Ron C. liked the tv show 227 a lot more than I ever did.

Maybe that's why the show is having sound issues, JH blows out the speakers every time she starts wailing.  Put her in a scene with Julie and I bet the cast and crew suffer from temporary deafness.

I like the idea of Eric having a gallery.  He'll probably have to do more than sell his pictures, though.  Perhaps he could run a few seminars on how to become an expert at pouting and tantrums?  It doesn't come as naturally to everyone as it does to him.  I'm all in favor of him playing to his strengths.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe that's why the show is having sound issues, JH blows out the speakers every time she starts wailing. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

I'm sick boes. I shouldn't be laughing that hard. On the plus side I think you helped me knock some phlegm loose... so thanks!

I know I've been a bit negative lately so today I'll focus on the positives.

❤❤❤Xander knocked Benalex right in his face!❤❤❤

And all is right in the world.

*crawls under the covers*

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 8
32 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧🤧

I'm sick boes. I shouldn't be laughing that hard. On the plus side I think you helped me knock some phlegm loose... so thanks!

I know I've been a bit negative lately so today I'll focus on the positives.

❤❤❤Xander knocked Benalex right in his face!❤❤❤

And all is right in the world.

*crawls under the covers*

I enjoyed that. Especially since Benalex had a shiner and Xander only had a sore wrist. And he got a hug from Chloe. He looked as confused as I was at that lol

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Are they trying out a Xander/Chloe match up? They usually aren't anywhere near each other, are they?

I hope not. Already enough drama with Gwen and Sarah. I still say she works best with Brady (no matter who plays him!), but I wouldn't blame Chloe for saying "nope!" as long as Demon Seed Rac-hell lurks on the horizon.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Someone make a gif! Please!

Of the fight, or the hug? 🤔

28 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

Are they trying out a Xander/Chloe match up? They usually aren't anywhere near each other, are they?

Now that would be way more interesting. I’m in for that. 

I’’m tired of Xander with Sarah/Gwen. and even more tired of the whole Brady/Chloe drama. Such a waste.

Gwen can have Brady. 

Ben/Alex ….. be gone  💥💨💥

• Like 6

Better idea: Just let Ben (meant to type Alex, but does it matter? Nah!)/Gwen fall in wooby wuv for real and leave town to frolic in bliss away from Salem.

They can hire Leo as a chauffeur to drive all three of them away.

Instant win.

P.S. I do think someone does read this board (and/or other places). I have OFTEN referred to Gwen as sloppy seconds and Xander called her that today!

Truth hurts? LOL!

• Applause 2
  • LOL 8
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Chloe usually despises Xander, and they have enough of a history that her usual hatred of him is earned.

Xander (and Theresa) left Chloe in Mexico when she was kidnapped by El Fideo to presumably be raped for months/years and eventually murdered. Neither informed anyone of Chloe's whereabouts and allowed Chloe to think Theresa was killed. Xander has taunted Chloe a couple of times about her "murdering" El Fideo, instead of her killing the psycho in self-defense of her life, John's life, and Paul's life.

Xander also kidnapped Holly when Chloe was the legal guardian and faked Holly's death during the Cartel attempts to kill Chloe for revenge storyline.

During one Christmas that Chloe spent with the Kiriakis family, she made it perfectly clear that she couldn't stand him.

She also was not a fan of Xarah and warned Sarah against marrying him.

Even at the start of their scene, Chloe had a dismissive and disgusted tone with Xander.

I don't think it would be in character for Chloe to be with Xander considering her personal history with him and his history with Nicole and Brady.

Chloe and Stefan were enough of a stretch, and Chloe never even seemed entirely into him either.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I hope that Chloe arranges to send all the clothes back to the warehouse. Leo’s blackmail was wasted. Sure, she told Kristen some truths about Rachel, albeit Kristen triggering and goading her. Leo, you overheard a one sided conversation.

Alex, how sloppy to be late for an important meeting and also walk in with a bloody shirt and black eye. Fighting for Guinevere’s honor is laughable. The character is tired and needs to move on. Emily O’Brien is a good actress and maybe she can be given a new role of an ISA agent or something.

Paulina, not your business about the personal life of your PR person. Very unprofessional. Of course Steph was all too happy to gloat. Guess Sloan or someone working for her trashed the office.

Xander, you can’t have both Sarah and Gwen. Does Gwennie deserve someone better than Alex K? Maybe.

Brady, what a waste of time to visit Kristen.

Haven’t noticed sound issues on W Network’s airings.

Edited by Frozendiva
What not hat
  • Like 7

I think Show should consider having OllieBenAlex get punched at least once each episode.  It doesn't even have to be storyline dictated, just have someone come up to him at some point and sock him in the face and then move on.  Vary it at times, say,  maybe with a pie in the face?   Please have him get socked at least once while he's gnawing on his "I'm got these so I must be smawt" eyeglasses, too.

Give the people what they want, Show!!

Also, Show, let Paulina's spanx explode at least once, since they look like they're on the verge of bursting anyway.  Give Abe a real reason for those incessant chuckles of his.

Lexie would so kick his ass from here to Sunday if she saw who he'd ended up with.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 8
16 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

So Chanel’s new baking hire is a doctor who wants to work at a bakery? She was in the top 5% at Stanford and could land a practice anywhere, but she chose Salem. Why????

I really hope she changes her mind about not practicing because Tripp is like the only doctor in town right now. What happens if Rolf accidentally unleases a terrible virus or something?  

Maybe that's why the show is having sound issues, JH blows out the speakers every time she starts wailing.  Put her in a scene with Julie and I bet the cast and crew suffer from temporary deafness.

I really liked her on Sister Sister but man, I wish Jackee could learn to dial it back every once in awhile. We could have had Vanessa Williams (no, not Miss America) as the show's black matriarch but they chose...this? 

I'm thinking Sloan wasn't the one who trashed Paulina's office. Didn't she mention having a brother? 

• Like 5
3 hours ago, boes said:

I think Show should consider having OllieBenAlex get punched at least once each episode.  It doesn't even have to be storyline dictated, just have someone come up to him at some point and sock him in the face and then move on.  Vary it at times, say,  maybe with a pie in the face?   Please have him get socked at least once while he's gnawing on his "I'm got these so I must be smawt" eyeglasses, too.

Also, Show, let Paulina's spanx explode at least once, since they look like they're on the verge of bursting anyway.  Give Abe a real reason for those incessant chuckles of his.

Lexie would so kick his ass from here to Sunday if she saw who he'd ended up with.

Not a word of this is wrong. Not. One. Word.

👏👏👏👏

I wasn't going to bring up the spanx but...yeah. She looks like she can barely breathe!

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I am sue Paulina has lots of enemies. She probably covered up many crimes and overcharged people at all her big box stores. 
   Eric was in charge of Horton house for a long time. Helping people seemed to be were his heart was. Maybe they people who cared about him thought that is where he wanted a career and that photographer Was more a hobby. 
    Glad Brady went to talk to Maggie. Hope he goes to meeting gets help and does not fall off the wagon.  
   Gwen did look pretty. She sure cries a lot. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I'm thinking Sloan wasn't the one who trashed Paulina's office. Didn't she mention having a brother? 

That's a good guess; I forgot about Sloan having a brother. For some reason my first thought was Talia.

I hate when the show over-prioritizes biology over character history. Bo has a darkness in him and is the black sheep of the family because he's a Kiriakis? Samantha Gene Brady, sure. Even Theresa Donovan. I could get behind. Bo Brady? Maybe Bo of the 80s since I didn't watch that Bo, but Bo of the 90s and beyond has mostly been a romantic hero and a good cop. Of course, there are some exceptions, but I saw Bo as pretty moral person and not "dark" at all. Hope has done more questionable things in her history than Bo has, granted she was Princess Gina or Nighttime Hope for most of them.

I was also annoyed by Chad talking about his sister, Megan. A Google search says Chad wasn't even featured in Beyond Salem 2, so he hasn't even met her. I know the show wants to acknowledge relationships, but there has to be a way to do this without implying relationships that literally don't exist. Speaking of, wouldn't Chad be the black sheep of the Dimera family since he's the most moral one of the living bunch? Maybe Tony is an exception but I can never keep his history and Andre's history accurate.

Megan went from a fun villain to a pathetic one.

So SB is basically playing Jason Morgan from General Hospital down to a brain injury.

Did we need another episode dedicated to people telling Chad it's okay for him to date Stephanie? At this point when Kayla and Kate come back from the dead the first thing they'll do is find Chad and give their blessings for him dating Stephanie. Then Marlena would tell us about some offscreen conversation she had with Abby in heaven where she give Chad/Stephanie her blessing. Then Megan will tell us she has Abby's body, so will use the serum so Abby can be the Maid of Honor at Chad and Stephanie's wedding. Should Mia return and Grace come back from the dead to give their blessings, too?

I despise Stephanie. She didn't even do anything offensive in this episode, and I just wanted her off my screen.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
11 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

Xander (and Theresa) left Chloe in Mexico when she was kidnapped by El Fideo to presumably be raped for months/years and eventually murdered. Neither informed anyone of Chloe's whereabouts and allowed Chloe to think Theresa was killed. Xander has taunted Chloe a couple of times about her "murdering" El Fideo, instead of her killing the psycho in self-defense of her life, John's life, and Paul's life.

Xander also kidnapped Holly when Chloe was the legal guardian and faked Holly's death during the Cartel attempts to kill Chloe for revenge storyline.

When you see some of Xander's misdeeds spelled out like that it makes them trying to woobify him even more annoying lol.

6 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I've been assuming her brother will eventually show up since she mentioned him so I could see him being behind it.

• Like 11
15 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Well they've had scenes in the past with the whole El Fideo mess where Theresa left Chloe behind and told nobody about it.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I hate when the show over-prioritizes biology over character history. Bo has a darkness in him and is the black sheep of the family because he's a Kiriakis? Samantha Gene Brady, sure. Even Theresa Donovan. I could get behind. Bo Brady? Maybe Bo of the 80s since I didn't watch that Bo

So SB is basically playing Jason Morgan from General Hospital down to a brain injury.

I despise Stephanie. She didn't even do anything offensive in this episode, and I just wanted her off my screen.

Bo stole a toaster in his first scene. Dark as they come!

SB was awful on GH and awful here. Block of wood 

Ditto on Steph. I just stared at her undone buttons. They were offensive.

I had forgotten the plinky piano music of Bo and Hope's theme until today. It was instantly familiar though. Wow 40 year old music memory!

14 hours ago, boes said:

So agree on this. I was mad at Xander for being a pig to Gwen even though I hate Gwen, but that punch made me love him again

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Love the flashbacks of Bo, and Hope! Good grief wish I could go back myself.

As for present day Hope, were there no professionals around to do her hair? Yikes. I used to have hair like that and if you just wash and go at times it looked  just like this mess. 

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Well they've had scenes in the past with the whole El Fideo mess where Theresa left Chloe behind and told nobody about it.

The Noodle   🤣

• LOL 4
3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Of all the flashbacks of Bope, we get mime Bo. Who thought that was a good idea?

We should have gotten their first meeting. They both looked fantastic here:

I've always thought Brandon Beemer's Shawn looks like Hope while Jason Cook's Shawn looks like Bo. OG Teen Ciara did remind me of Hope in terms of looks. In terms of vocal tics, she really reminded me of Jo from the Facts of Life.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

We should have gotten their first meeting. They both looked fantastic here:

I've always thought Brandon Beemer's Shawn looks like Hope while Jason Cook's Shawn looks like Bo. OG Teen Ciara did remind me of Hope in terms of looks. In terms of vocal tics, she really reminded me of Jo from the Facts of Life.

Always thought that about the 2 Shawn's. JC Shawn also had Bo's/Peter Reckell mannerism to me down to a science. He was a great mixture of both.

Beemer Shawn looks so much like Hope in the face isn't funny. Right down to the gaunt look.

I think Victoria Ciara looks like a great mix of both parents esp Hope with the hair.

• Like 4

Those flashbacks went way back.

Wouldn’t the electroshock therapy need various levels of approval?

How is the fountain of youth supposed to work?

I too was distracted by Stephanie’s dress. Sloan is the too obvious suspect. Talia could be a suspect with unknown motives. Maybe Sloan or a friend went to Stanford? 

• Like 2

I'm bummed I skipped today's episode and missed out on all the flashbacks. I love flashbacks.

Not to annoy, but can anyone recall which ones they aired?

And what's this about them including Mime Bo ?! LOL

• Hugs 1

If you're allergic to Ben/Cin you may want to avoid the first half of this episode. It'll cause anaphylactic shock. 

Rolf apparently has a crush on Kayla.

For some reason, the John/Marlena moment and the Bo/Kayla moment felt underplayed and lackluster to me. I love Bo as a character but there's something about PR's performance that is quite inconsistent.

I'm not certain why VK played Ciara as annoyed when Ben was discussing Marlena/Kayla/Kate. At one point, she rolled her eyes when he mentioned her Aunt Kayla. She also talked about the women as if they were casual acquaintances she'd only met twice through Ben. Some very unfortunate acting choices from her.

Ben got more time to grieve Marlena than Eric and Brady. Maybe that's why John/Marlena was so underwhelming. The show is holding Marlena's gasps, coos, and awws for when she runs into Ben's arms. The Pier Part II

• Like 1
  • LOL 10