Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Days has it's problems but it's never gotten to the point of Offensively Bad as the Sonny/Carly/Jason worship has. Although it got close with the Dr. Dan worship.

Yeah you aren't wrong there. Days at least corrected that mistake I will give them that.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, boes said:

2002?   You're a young-un compared to a lot of us.   Many of us have serious history with this show and like it or not, we have allegiances that long pre-date this current reign of non-talent.  With all due respect, it's not for you - or I - or anyone, tell ANYONE what to care or not care about, especially with a show that's run longer than the majority of marriages in the U.S.

In a changing world, we love our stories and I, for one, among many others, will not be shamed for caring that something that gave us pleasure for so long is now being treated with such breezy contempt.

Beautifully said! You are a treasure Boes. Your posts are always hilarious and on point..

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Hi Paul! Nice to see you. Maybe don't ask John how he's doing when you know he's grieving? Why do people always do that?

Why is John in San Fran?

I still find it funny how often they show Paul sweating/running/working out to reinforce his machismo. They used to do it when he was a regular. I know as a former pro athlete it makes sense, but it also felt like trying to not make him seem "too gay", you know? It's nice that at least there's one gay character on the canvas who is less of a bro. Probably Leo's only redeeming attribute.

Lucas looks like that Backstreet Boy. Will he show us the shape of his heart?

Hate seeing him behind bars. Can a Governor please let him out on a technicality too? It's been a while.

Patch looks terrific, dang. That's how you age, man.

Kate, let Hathaway talk. Maybe you'll learn something!

Eww John. Overcompensating much? "Hey kid, wasn't there enough HEEEAAAT? Isn't a super spy SEXAY ENOUGH for ya? How about his BUNS? Not enough JUNK IN HIS TRUNK, sonny-boy?" 🤣🤣🤣 Calm down there please.

Sorry Drake, you needed another take. Remember his cringey dancing at Paul's Pride party during Beyond Salem? He just tries too hard at being down with the gays.

WHO WAS IN THE TUBE? 😮😮😮 Ooooooooh.

Ron you cannot put a SOUL into a MICROCHIP. Enough already. It was a bad storyline. Don't remind us.

Why is Megan still sick after 30 years? Seems unlikely.

You know, if by some miracle Joe was still alive, this would have been a nice reintroduction for him. I'd pay good money to see Stefano bump off Stefan, slap EJ around, give Chad a pep talk, kick squatters out of his house and reveal Kristen as an imposter. Then maybe conduct some music and sip some booze. Ahhh. We miss ya, Joe. ❤

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hi Paul! Nice to see you. Maybe don't ask John how he's doing when you know he's grieving? Why do people always do that?

Why is John in San Fran?

I still find it funny how often they show Paul sweating/running/working out to reinforce his machismo. They used to do it when he was a regular. I know as a former pro athlete it makes sense, but it also felt like trying to not make him seem "too gay", you know? It's nice that at least there's one gay character on the canvas who is less of a bro. Probably Leo's only redeeming attribute.

Lucas looks like that Backstreet Boy. Will he show us the shape of his heart?

Hate seeing him behind bars. Can a Governor please let him out on a technicality too? It's been a while.

Patch looks terrific, dang. That's how you age, man.

Kate, let Hathaway talk. Maybe you'll learn something!

Eww John. Overcompensating much? "Hey kid, wasn't there enough HEEEAAAT? Isn't a super spy SEXAY ENOUGH for ya? How about his BUNS? Not enough JUNK IN HIS TRUNK, sonny-boy?" 🤣🤣🤣 Calm down there please.

Sorry Drake, you needed another take. Remember his cringey dancing at Paul's Pride party during Beyond Salem? He just tries too hard at being down with the gays.

WHO WAS IN THE TUBE? 😮😮😮 Ooooooooh.

Ron you cannot put a SOUL into a MICROCHIP. Enough already. It was a bad storyline. Don't remind us.

Why is Megan still sick after 30 years? Seems unlikely.

You know, if by some miracle Joe was still alive, this would have been a nice reintroduction for him. I'd pay good money to see Stefano bump off Stefan, slap EJ around, give Chad a pep talk, kick squatters out of his house and reveal Kristen as an imposter. Then maybe conduct some music and sip some booze. Ahhh. We miss ya, Joe. ❤

Stephen Nichols is sex on a stick esp when he was on GH🔥🔥

• Like 8
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Conversely, those of us who don't see this show as the most poorly written trash of all time won't be shamed either.

Which is exactly what I said.  As in " it's not for you - or I - or anyone, tell ANYONE what to care or not care about....".  

The most poorly written trash of all time award goes to the Bold and the Beautiful, on even their best day.

Edited by boes
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I didn't think that Freddie's version of Sonny or Casey's version of Will were very bro-like.

Who's the Andrew actor?  He definitely looks cute, but nothing like Charles Shaughnessy or Patsy Pease.  At least Jen Lilley looks like the latter.

I think the actor playing Andrew Donovan has one of those faces that just look really familar, because when I saw him on Beyond Salem I swore I knew him from something, but I peeped his IMDB page and didn't recognize anything.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 4
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

I didn't think that Freddie's version of Sonny or Casey's version of Will were very bro-like.

I'm sorry I don't know what a "bro" is. I'm showing my age. However, if it's about physical activity as @DisneyBoy seems to define it, I think Freddie's Sonny was introduced as a bro. He was introduced as being much more physically adventurous, and I remember him distinctly being the youngest person to climb Mt. Everest among other physical accomplishments.  FS's version of Sonny left as a completely different character than how FS's Sonny was originally introduced. I think putting Sonny in business storylines and his physical transformation had a lot to do with his change in characterization. Also, FS just wasn't good anymore by the end, imo of course.

However, with Craig, Leo, Will, Sonny, Evan, the Lisa Rinna drag performer and now Andrew, I think there has been a pretty good representation of the diversity of personalities within the queer male community. Obviously, we could add Allie and Chanel if we want to talk about queerness in general.

• Like 3

New look Days, with new sets and new location identifiers. Guess we are in Peacockland now.

So Megan stole the magic orchid to give the dose to the not so dead ladies and to herself. That must be a prolific plant when it blooms. Why did she take Kate? Did she give them any food or an IV with nutrients? They shouldn’t be so vital.

Hi Paul! Long time no see. I don’t really see you as a pro baseball coach, but this is a soap. Of course, you and Andrew are sorta not seeing each other. John just couldn’t use Zoom to chat with you? Does he have a private plane? 

Kayla sure has some lock picking skills. Some dates with Steve! Wonder who is on the other side of the door. Don’t think it is Steve or John.

Hello Bo Brady, or whoever you think you are right now. Too bad it is Kate and not Kayla who saw you first.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Hi Paul! Long time no see. I don’t really see you as a pro baseball coach, but this is a soap. Of course, you and Andrew are sorta not seeing each other. John just couldn’t use Zoom to chat with you? Does he have a private plane? 

I’m confused. When Steve spoke with Andrew in the latter’s ISA office, where was that?  How’d Andrew get to San Francisco and Paul’s apartment so fast?!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I’m confused. When Steve spoke with Andrew in the latter’s ISA office, where was that?  How’d Andrew get to San Francisco and Paul’s apartment so fast?!

Andrew was in DC. The only explanation is teleportation.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 9

So Kristin Alfonzo & Peter Reckell pretty much swore they were done with this show. What made them come back?. Anything to do with the move to Peacock? Why would that matter? Also wonder how long they will be staying. Still ,like to love, the stories with the longtime actors as compared to the newer ones.
Doesn’t bother me, if I don’t want to watch a love scene , hetero or not, I ffwd or wait it out but really wonder how the little old ladies are acquisitioning to the gay love stories. My MIL is gone so I can’t get her opinion 🙂🤔

• Like 3

While watching the show on Peacock, did anyone else have the end credits begin rolling about 5 minutes early? During the Marlena/Kayla/Dr. Rolf's conversation, the full credits rolled as the audio for their conversation continued.

I was so happy to see Hope return. She's always worked so well with John and Steve. I've said countless times that I'm not a fan of Steve, but I do love him with Hope. Hope Williams Brady is one of my staple Days characters, and even I've adjusted to the show without her, this episode immediately reminded me why she's one of my favorites.

Bo is another favorite, but I did think he felt a little rusty in his return. Maybe it's the programming(?) or whatever has happened to him, but he felt stilted and his speech felt delayed. I'm not certain if that was PR's acting choice or him trying to transition back into line readings but it made the Kate/Bo scenes not particularly enjoyable for me. I also don't buy that Kate would be that happy to see Bo. I also think Chelsea would be the first person she would mention as a shared relative of the two and not allude to the strained - at best - relationship with his father or Billie.

Similar to Wendy and her relationship with Tripp which was introduced in Beyond Salem II, I thought Andrew and Andrew/Paul were difficult for me to connect to the characters and emotions. I didn't watch Beyond Salem II, so I hope the show can find a more natural way to incorporate characters and relationships introduced in the spin-off that integrate into the main show. 

I hope we get to see flashbacks of Hope/Megan/Bo. Since we have all the original actors, I would love to see their 80s hair and shoulder pads glory. I still like Megan, and I like that this storyline is picking up. My only reservation is Kayla. I just really don't like the character, but similar to Steve, I love like her with Hope.

I'm excited about Bo's reunion with Hope, Marlena, and John. I'm indifferent about his reunion with Kayla, Steve, and Shawn.

4 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Doesn’t bother me, if I don’t want to watch a love scene , hetero or not, I ffwd or wait it out but really wonder how the little old ladies are acquisitioning to the gay love stories. My MIL is gone so I can’t get her opinion 🙂🤔

At this point, we've been getting same-sex love scenes for almost a decade starting with Will/Sonny including the recasts. Allie/Chanel. Paul/Will. Paul/Sonny. Now Andrew/Paul. Craig/Leo. Leo's constant ogling of straight men. I imagine if anyone has a problem with it, they'd be long gone by now.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

So Kristin Alfonzo & Peter Reckell pretty much swore they were done with this show. What made them come back?. Anything to do with the move to Peacock? Why would that matter? Also wonder how long they will be staying. Still ,like to love, the stories with the longtime actors as compared to the newer ones.

I would be surprised if they stuck around long term. This could just be a brief story arc to provide closure for their characters. I'm hoping that's the case the longer they stay the worse it will be for them.

• Like 7
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Andrew was in DC. The only explanation is teleportation.

Or..... maybe Andrew's office was on Washington STREET in San Francisco and not in Washington DC and he just... didn't know the difference?  And neither did Paul?

Show never has made an emphasis on brains a big part of anyone's character development.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, peachmangosteen said:

I don't see how Gwen and Leo compare in any way to Ben (or Dan or GH's Sonny/Jason). They don't have every character, including the people they murdered, bending over backwards to prop them. People can and do still hate/barely tolerate them. They haven't infested every single story on the show. There's really no comparison. 

You make a fair point and I am very glad certain characters can still be permitted to hate them.

I guess my frustration is more about how they remain front and center and drive the narrative when they just don't earn it. "Realistically" (I know that word hardly applies to this show anymore), Gwen should have been done with by now. She hurt so many characters and has been exposed so many times, you'd think they'd bench her/kill her/write her out and move on. She shouldn't be walking around Salem. We the audience are fed up too. But nope. She's still a lead character, apparently. Ditto with Leo.

Some characters make good impressions and valuable contributions in spite of rough starts or damaging storylines (Xander, Tripp) and others just hang around.

I'm so glad Ava is gone, I can't tell you. Total waste of space. The character, not the actress.

It seems like I missed a big episode today. So...Bo is back from the dead and thinks he's in love with his old girlfriend, right? Hmmm, which storyline does that sound like?

2 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Peter Reckell may be stitled but dammmm he looks great for someone pushing 70 years old.

Does he though? No offense to Peter, who is nice and all, but when he came back for the 50th I felt like that was a good moment to bow out.

Time catches up, especially for those who were stunners in their day.

I miss the fluffy hair and robust beard. Oh well.

• Like 5
51 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess my frustration is more about how they remain front and center and drive the narrative when they just don't earn it. "Realistically" (I know that word hardly applies to this show anymore), Gwen should have been done with by now. She hurt so many characters and has been exposed so many times, you'd think they'd bench her/kill her/write her out and move on. She shouldn't be walking around Salem.

I could say the same about Xander. I think, in general, it’s easy to overlook this kind of stuff when you like the character and obviously annoying when it happens with a character you simply don’t like.

Count me in as someone who thinks PR looks fine as hell. I didn’t realize he was nearly 70! I wasn’t a fan of his stilted acting and almost like slurring his words but I assume it’s a choice because he’s brainwashed and/or drugged. I hope they don’t keep him this way for too long.

I loved Hope’s hair. It was so natural compared to how she used to wear it and it really worked. KA just seemed really happy to be there, which I appreciated.

Rolf always entertains.

I don’t feel much chem with Paul and Andrew but hopefully it’ll develop.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Paul and Andrew remind me of Will and FreddySonny. Stilted conversations that feel unnatural. And Andrew reminds me of a young Mr Shue (Glee). 

Great to see Bo again. He died when I was on an extended Days break so it's been a while. Wish it had been Kayla to get some alone time with him as I'm sure Ron will make Marlena the star when they see him, gasping and over emoting.

Definitely feels like they are just shoveling Beyond Salem 3 into the main show. Kinda jarring

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Paul and Andrew remind me of Will and FreddySonny. Stilted conversations that feel unnatural. And Andrew reminds me of a young Mr Shue (Glee). 

Great to see Bo again. He died when I was on an extended Days break so it's been a while. Wish it had been Kayla to get some alone time with him as I'm sure Ron will make Marlena the star when they see him, gasping and over emoting.

Definitely feels like they are just shoveling Beyond Salem 3 into the main show. Kinda jarring

🤣😂

35 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

Yes, I read that that was the plan at this point. So, the people who didn't watch those shows will be completely lost, as will the people who didn't watch it a million years ago with Megan and the prisms and all that other nonsense. I am glad I am not watching and just reading recaps.

• Like 4

I too didn’t see much chemistry with Paul and Andrew. Both kinda seemed stiff.

Nice to see both Hope and Bo again. Both look pretty good almost 40 year later.

Guess Bo isn’t a hero any more, at least for now. I assume he is drugged or somehow is Megan’s servant. Rolf really gets around. The ISA should trace his actions to see where folks are.

Kate was pretty smart with clonking Megan. She should have asked first and then dropped the vial. Marlena and Kayla seemed more animated questioning Rolf about who was in the pod.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Kate was pretty smart with clonking Megan. She should have asked first and then dropped the vial. Marlena and Kayla seemed more animated questioning Rolf about who was in the pod.

But, DAMN, Kate was stupid today.  First Bo tells her all the doors automatically lock and she doesn't remember she LITERALLY just opened the door behind her with no lock.  She then reenters it and it still isn't locked.  And to top it off, she simply stands there like an idiot while Bo revives Megan instead of "taking her keys" and listens while he makes sure she's OK.  Definitely not using the Salem Brain today.  The only smart thing she did was destroy the vial.

• Like 6
On 3/16/2023 at 6:13 PM, 4evaQuez said:

FS's version of Sonny left as a completely different character than how FS's Sonny was originally introduced. I think putting Sonny in business storylines and his physical transformation had a lot to do with his change in characterization. Also, FS just wasn't good anymore by the end, imo of course.

No, no, you are quite right 😆 While I can't say I enjoyed Freddie's weird vibes and energy in the end, I didn't mind the physical transformation. Had the show addressed it, it could have made for a great story arc, where a formerly active young gay man found himself becoming a stuffy corporate middle-aged gay man with Dad Bod, a reality many face. But that wouldn't have involved face masks and amnesia, so of course it never would have happened under the current regime.

23 hours ago, chediavolo said:

KA's career at this point is Hope Brady. I'm sure it mattered to her to leave on a better note than her character crying on the floor. She left on bad terms and made no qualms about leaving the ball in DOOL's court. They looked bad in the public's eye thanks to her interviews. My guess is the "streaming specials" gave the producers the budget and excuse to say " let's invite Peter back and give her a happier ending".

And this way, they can come back for the series finale too or any other major events. This show runs on the fumes of the super couples, so having Bope, Jarlena, JJack and Stayla restored? I think that was a goal.

As for the gay content, many women won't object to it if it's two handsome "straight-seeming" men (ie, muscular with deep voices) who are gentle with each other. From what I hear there's plenty of fanfiction written by straight women along those lines, so I wouldn't be surprised if - privately - the elderly ladies are leaning forward in their rocking chairs a wee bit LOL.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2

DOOL deserves a lot of credit for keeping older actresses and actors front and center.  You'd be hard pressed to find any other show, prime time or otherwise, that even comes close.

But it's also more than a little ridiculous to have many of them acting like action stars when those days are clearly in the rear view mirror.  

I loved seeing Bo again and I think he looks terrific, too.  The idea that Megan is still stuck on her high school love, something that happened around the same time as the moon landing is sorta pathetic, though.  It almost makes Jan's obsession with bonehead Shawn seem like a Hallmark movie of the week.  As good as Bo looks, he doesn't look like a high schooler and Megan must have noticed that she's moved on from Victoria's Secret lingerie to the costco "Big Bag O' Panties" at this point.

It's hard to get too worked up about an action storyline where all the major players need an afternoon nap.

As for melding the Beyond Salem storylines with the mothership, I never watched Beyond Salem and I'm getting the drift of what's going on.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
On 3/18/2023 at 11:41 AM, boes said:

DOOL deserves a lot of credit for keeping older actresses and actors front and center.  You'd be hard pressed to find any other show, prime time or otherwise, that even comes close.

Part of that is because of the death of soaps. A lot of actors who are in their 20's and 30's will try to make the jump into other things so you don't get enough people in leading actor age range. I also think it's also about trying to hold on to the Baby Boomer audience since they're primarily who watches soaps.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, methodwriter85 said:

Part of that is because of the death of soaps. A lot of actors who are in their 20's and 30's will try to make the jump into other things so you don't get enough people in leading actor age range. I also think it's also about trying to hold on to the Baby Boomer audience since they're primarily who watches soaps.

I'm sure you're right.  I only wish AMC had thought that way.  That show ditched the vets for the most part, other than Susan Lucci and Michael K. Knight and instead focused on a bunch of younger characters with little fan allegiance, stuck in poorly plotted and repetitive storylines.  Show could had benefited from the vets they jettisoned.  I'm glad, for whatever reason, DOOL has held onto theirs.

• Like 6

I am too...I only wish they could be permitted to act their age and the younger set could be better written and given more compelling adventures. Let them carry the show more, you know?

Sadly, none of the 20-somethings currently on DOOL will ever be involved in a cool location shoot or do impressive stunts the way the vets once did. Or know the satisfaction of winning a prestigious award over other equally worthy colleagues in their field. Thinking back to all the deserving performances that will never be honored and comparing those to today's kind of nominees makes my heart hurt. Actors fought hard to be worthy of a nomination 20 years ago. It wasn't a "joke" to be a soap actor and make one's career in that field.

Sigh. I hate what's happened to this medium.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Actors fought hard to be worthy of a nomination 20 years ago. It wasn't a "joke" to be a soap actor and make one's career in that field.

Nicholas Alexander Chavez is really amazing, if you haven't seen his work. He feels like a throwback to 90's GH...it's just a shame GH can't support him with big location shoots, etc etc. I'm going to hate it when he leaves in 2024 but I'll be rooting hard for the guy. 

• Like 4

Did Kate say Chelsea and Max got married?

I really liked that moment between Marlena and John. It felt very true to them and the right mix of real-world and fairytale that I associate with them.

I'm still a little confused as to what's going on with Bo.

Steve Burton went from a hired hitman to a hired assassin. Daniel Day-Lewis better watch his back because Burton is obviously showing a tremendous amount of range in his once-in-a-lifetime acting skills.

I still loved Hope.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3

This definitely feels like Beyond Salem material folded into the mothership. These episodes are like a direct sequel. There's the stock footage and time jumps and quick character teleportations.

Or maybe this is how "streaming DOOL" episodes are going to be from now on. We'll just have to see.

Nice to see Bo again. I'm really glad KA didn't leave the show after that abrupt ending too.

Not sure how her hair can be so voluminous though. Extensions? Weave? Experts, chime in.

Poor Peter. Bo's return should be this huge dramatic, impactful event, like Roman's return when Kristen brought him back...instead he's casually side-eyeing Kate as she begs for her life...after just having died, and come back to life...yeesh. Their scenes are like triple negatives. Dead/undead guy threatens to kill dead/undead woman 😆.

I wonder what the show will have Bo doing once he's back in Salem and married to Hope again. That, for me, is where we'll see if this resurrection was really worth it.

Hope, why are you kissing him? I am so confused by these two. How good of an ISA agent is she if she keeps having to kiss the truth out of perps? Wait....was she ever an ISA agent even? 

Wow 🙄 Is there anything this orchid can't do? My taxes maybe?

Holy crap you guys. What is this:

Roman: "I've been talking to the urn, and hearing Kate talk back!"

John: "...did she say anything helpful?"

Without batting an eye!

*slams head against wall*

...is Megan's entire plan really to re-energize Bo's...um...boys? That's how it sounds. Girl, just get some Viagra and a pushup bra. Easy.

Are we going to see Kim? I'd love that.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 5
30 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

This definitely feels like Beyond Salem material folded into the mothership. These episodes are like a direct sequel. There's the stock footage and time jumps and quick character teleportations.

Or maybe this is how "streaming DOOL" episodes are going to be from now on. We'll just have to see.

Nice to see Bo again. I'm really glad KA didn't leave the show after that abrupt ending too.

Not sure how her hair can be so voluminous though. Extensions? Weave? Experts, chime in.

Poor Peter. Bo's return should be this huge dramatic, impactful event, like Roman's return when Kristen brought him back...instead he's casually side-eyeing Kate as she begs for her life...after just having died, and come back to life...yeesh. Their scenes are like triple negatives. Dead/undead guy threatens to kill dead/undead woman 😆.

I wonder what the show will have Bo doing once he's back in Salem and married to Hope again. That, for me, is where we'll see if this resurrection was really worth it.

Hope, why are you kissing him? I am so confused by these two. How good of an ISA agent is she if she keeps having to kiss the truth out of perps? Wait....was she ever an ISA agent even? 

Wow 🙄 Is there anything this orchid can't do? My taxes maybe?

Holy crap you guys. What is this:

Roman: "I've been talking to the urn, and hearing Kate talk back!"

John: "...did she say anything helpful?"

Without batting an eye!

*slams head against wall*

...is Megan's entire plan really to re-energize Bo's...um...boys? Thalpt's how it sounds. Girl, just get some Viagra and a pushup bra. Easy.

Are we going to see Kim? I'd love that.

🤭Or get a vibrator

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Steve Burton is as awful as I remember him on GH. I don't know or care about him and Hope as I skipped Beyond Salem as it had Cin in it

Are Kim and Shane married again? I can't remember where they last were in their divorce/remarriagegoround

Marlena is quite peppy with Mary Beth. Less sleepwalking through her scenes like she does with everybody else. 

I don't get the talking urn. I mean I get it talking to Roman, but to Paulina was just weird

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The change to all Beyond Salem all the time isn’t enjoyable in my household. So many things are just pointless.  Where were Marlena, Kate, and Kayla when they were chatting with Nick in faux heaven/purgatory?  How did they have a mutual hallucination?  Was it explained, and I just wasn’t paying attention?  How did Kayla project herself to her living room for a chat with Steve?  Yikes.  How is Kate communicating with Roman through an urn that doesn’t even contain her ashes?  

One of the oddest things today was the sudden stormy weather in Salem.  Since when has the weather or season ever played a role in this show?  Did they suddenly get access to a wind machine or was an intern under the shrubbery shaking them?  

It’s like we’re suddenly watching a completely different show that doesn’t make sense and isn’t very interesting. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Marlena is quite peppy with Mary Beth. Less sleepwalking through her scenes like she does with everybody else. 

Mary Beth is honestly one of the shows better actors. Kayla and Kate always bring it.

2 hours ago, Nique said:

🤭Or get a vibrator

Seriously. I can't believe they have her doing the same tired desperate shit as Eve did with Jack.

With all her resources and good looks, Megan could be having a hell of a good time by embracing her MILF status and playing host to hotties from around the world.

Kristen may have been wrong to go after Brady because of their history, but she definitely looked satisfied by her younger man. Take note, Megan.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

don't get the talking urn. I mean I get it talking to Roman, but to Paulina was just weird

Ditto! When did that happen?? (and how glad am I to have missed it? Very!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Steve Burton is as awful as I remember him on GH. I don't know or care about him and Hope as I skipped Beyond Salem as it had Cin in it

Are Kim and Shane married again? I can't remember where they last were in their divorce/remarriagegoround

I don't get the talking urn. I mean I get it talking to Roman, but to Paulina was just weird

Yes Kim/Shane are remarried. They reunited after Alice's funeral.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, Phebemarie said:

It’s like we’re suddenly watching a completely different show that doesn’t make sense and isn’t very interesting. 

I don't know. That description fits the NBC era, too. At least with Ron!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Elio Kukui said:

Most interesting to me was hearing that Kimberly's a psychologist.  Is that true about her?

When Abifail was in her wig-wearing era, Stefan was reading a book Kim had published about DID. I took from that that she was a professional in psychology...

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

Hope(Kristen Alfonso) looks better than she did when on the show before...her face is more full & not so gaunt, and her hair is nice & full & glossy(a wig? extensions?).  Meanwhile, Megan is just pathetic, a 50 year old woman trying to make her High school Boyfriend love her again..what a dumb storyline that I dont care about.  And Dr. Rolf: he certainly was racking up the Frequent Flyer Miles going back & forth from Jakarta to wherever Megan is!  Dr. Rolf was trying to scramble the brains of 2 Men: Bo & Stefan, so they would love 'crazy" women again...sheesh. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I am assuming that Kate wasn’t shot and killed and that the gun fired into the distance. She did a pretty good job of talking to newly resurrected Bo. Kayla and Doc, you will need more charm to get anything out of Rolf.

So Megan wants to find the fountain of youth to turn her and Bo into teens or folks in their 20s? How will that work, exactly? Brainwash him into falling in love with her? He does have free will and there is no guarantee of a happily ever after.

I too found it odd that there was a weather event in Salem and not the occasional fake Christmas snow.

Hope somehow got to Maryland to the ISA headquarters? How? Why wasn’t Harris in restraints? 

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I am assuming that Kate wasn’t shot and killed and that the gun fired into the distance. She did a pretty good job of talking to newly resurrected Bo. Kayla and Doc, you will need more charm to get anything out of Rolf.

So Megan wants to find the fountain of youth to turn her and Bo into teens or folks in their 20s? How will that work, exactly? Brainwash him into falling in love with her? He does have free will and there is no guarantee of a happily ever after.

I too found it odd that there was a weather event in Salem and not the occasional fake Christmas snow.

Hope somehow got to Maryland to the ISA headquarters? How? Why wasn’t Harris in restraints? 

I've forgiven Kate for being so incredibly stupid in the last episode.  This time she was definitely in possession of the Salem Brain.  And no, I don't think she's dead (or "dead" as they are in Salem.)

I really like that they have the older characters solve problems with talking and strategy.  Since trying to make a show with a bunch of geriatric action stars is beyond ridiculous I'm really glad they didn't try any stupidity like Kate pushing Bo and trying to run, or her trying to grab the gun.

They've definitely decided to use the Beyond Salem Teleportation Machine.  In one day, Steve goes from Salem to ISA headquarters in Maryland, to some DiMeara island, has time to explore said island, also has time to have a lengthy chat with Hope and still makes it back to Salem for closing time at the pub. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1