Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E17: A Fashion Show with Fashions

• Start Topic

Sheree races the clock as the who's who of Atlanta prepares to attend She by Sheree's fashion show; Marlo attempts to repair her damaged relationship with her mother; Sanya makes a life and family-altering decision.

Airdate: 09.04.2022

• Love 1

I wasn’t blown away by the fashions by any means but did get a kick of seeing some of Atlantas past. 
Did Mama Joyce really tell Kandi she should leave more money to Riley than to her younger children? She’s such a bitch to Todd. 
Marlos mom, yikes. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14

Dwight looked very different. Much better. He had had way too much work done in his face but it looks good now. Maybe the beard? 

I don’t find Apollo attractive in the least.

Tyrone just wanted to be on TV. IT felt very scripted.

Mama Joyce is such a b@#$tch.

• Like 6
  • Love 7

Joyce is disgusting. Why would you fix your face to say Riley should inherit more than Ace and Blaze because she's "been there the whole time"? They're Kandi's children? Your own grandkids? Ugh. I don't know how much of a hand she had in raising Riley, but it's making sense to me how Riley turned out. What I will also say is, if there's a Burruss-Tucker body buried anywhere, Don Juan knows where it is. They got that man involved in everything.

I'm not interested in seeing any more of Marlo's family tragedies exploited for her story lines. I hope they go back to counseling though.

Kenya getting into 5,000 stores is really an accomplishment. Good for her and her team. And good to see her BFF Brandon that's been missing since the disastrous Pillow Talk night. LOL at them strutting out the store chanting "Kenya Moore Hair Care."

11 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I was watching the fashion show thinking that’s a whole bunch of people that probably aren’t going to get paid. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I noticed at least one of the models had their face pixelated, so I did wonder if the checks cleared. I knew Sheree was gonna pull the show off, even if limping over the line three hours late. I still don't think too much will come of "She by Sheree" the fashion brand, but I'm glad she got her moment of redemption on the show. It was a long time coming. The clothes weren't much to look at, but what Sheree had on was very cute, if that's something she designed. I am surprised she didn't make a statement or a speech at all, but the support from all the crowd and all the ladies was very nice. And it was really good to see people like Deshawn and Dwight. They could've kept Apollo. And there was no need to see Tyrone's thirsty ass.

14 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Dwight looked very different. Much better. He had had way too much work done in his face but it looks good now. Maybe the beard? 

I think he redid (undid?) his nose. His hair looked way better too.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

Weird that Mama Joyce thinks she’s going to outlive Kandi and continue to torment Todd after Kandi’s gone.

Possibly, since MJ probably drinks virgin unicorn blood (and probably enjoys killing them too).

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I loved watching Ross and Marlo's nephews working on car maintenance.  That was a really great moment for me.

I have nothing but disdain for Mama Joyce.  Shame on you.  Now I wonder if Mama Joyce favored Kandi's brother over Kandi and that's why Kandi won't address the awfulness of Mama Joyce.

I'm probably the only person out there that would like Sanya and Marlo to keep their peaches for another season.  People wanted Drew gone last year and now believes she is "delivering".  I'd like both of them to stick around to see if they find their "groove" next season.

I'm also probably the only person who doesn't believe the Kenya redemption arc this season.  Good for her on getting the CVS contract though!

• Like 1
  • Love 5

Poor Sheree always so messy her rollout online went bad and she’s being accused of ripping shein designs  where you can’t get them for $7 and slapping her logo on them and selling them at $130… girl can’t get it together after 14 years she still didn’t have her own designs? Come on girl 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lois Sandborne said:

He got it right this time with the nose. 

Sheree may have actually had fashions this time but they were dreadful. Just dreadful. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

I wasn’t blown away by the fashions by any means but did get a kick of seeing some of Atlantas past. 
Did Mama Joyce really tell Kandi she should leave more money to Riley than to her younger children? She’s such a bitch to Todd. 
Marlos mom, yikes. 

10 hours ago, Stats Queen said:

I don’t find Apollo attractive in the least.

Tyrone just wanted to be on TV. IT felt very scripted.

Mama Joyce is such a b@#$tch.

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Weird that Mama Joyce thinks she’s going to outlive Kandi and continue to torment Todd after Kandi’s gone.

9 hours ago, Lois Sandborne said:

Joyce is disgusting. Why would you fix your face to say Riley should inherit more than Ace and Blaze because she's "been there the whole time"? They're Kandi's children? Your own grandkids? Ugh. I don't know how much of a hand she had in raising Riley, but it's making sense to me how Riley turned out. What I will also say is, if there's a Burruss-Tucker body buried anywhere, Don Juan knows where it is. They got that man involved in everything.

I'm not interested in seeing any more of Marlo's family tragedies exploited for her story lines. I hope they go back to counseling though.

Kenya getting into 5,000 stores is really an accomplishment. Good for her and her team. And good to see her BFF Brandon that's been missing since the disastrous Pillow Talk night. LOL at them strutting out the store chanting "Kenya Moore Hair Care."

I noticed at least one of the models had their face pixelated, so I did wonder if the checks cleared. I knew Sheree was gonna pull the show off, even if limping over the line three hours late. I still don't think too much will come of "She by Sheree" the fashion brand, but I'm glad she got her moment of redemption on the show. It was a long time coming. The clothes weren't much to look at, but what Sheree had on was very cute, if that's something she designed. I am surprised she didn't make a statement or a speech at all, but the support from all the crowd and all the ladies was very nice. And it was really good to see people like Deshawn and Dwight. They could've kept Apollo. And there was no need to see Tyrone's thirsty ass.

8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Blaze and Ace are still very young, but, someday they’re going to be old enough to see how much their grandma favored Riley over them and that’s going to hurt.  

This is the thing...Mama J does not favor Riley. 

She thinks she can manipulate Riley in a way that she can not manipulate Blaze and Ace because of Todd.

Mama J would be happy to steal money from Kandi's children and give it to some of her gigolo boyfriends.

• Useful 7
  • Love 8

The fact that the grand finale of this season was She by Sheree (with an Apollo cameo) shows how much this franchise has fallen.

People just do not care the way they did 14 years ago. The magic is gone.

Potomac had had a lady in foster care, Mia, and she had a lot of mileage out of that story, including visits with her former addict mother.

I think Marlo is copying Mia's storyline because I had never heard her mention foster care before this season.  

The ladies walking down the runway just seemed sad and lame.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
23 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm also probably the only person who doesn't believe the Kenya redemption arc this season.  Good for her on getting the CVS contract though!

I know that Kenya remains messy and a shit-stirrer, but I think the thing that was different this year was that she seems to be in a good place emotionally. She cried a couple times about Mark and I'd guess that is still a stressor for her, but otherwise she appears to be in a genuinely happy mode. Her business is doing well and she has her daughter, so all is well.

That's been the difference in her interactions. She still brings Kenya energy to arguments and get-togethers, but her general contentedness has her dropping them just as quickly. So it's not so much a redemption arc as Kenya being pretty unbothered by it all and just enjoying herself.

Contrast that with Marlo who is desperately unhappy in her private life (my view) and brings so much rage and anger to every interaction. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6

I got a brief glimpse of the website this morning but it is closed again.

Granted I am not her target audience but are there really people who will spend $240 for a hoodie? Or $150 or for leggings (can't remember exact amount now) or $42 for a logo t-shirt.

None of what I saw was in the fashion show as I recall although I can't double check at this point.

Choices were extremely limited.

And again - not her target audience as my workout clothing is black leggings with some kind of sports bra and maybe a t-shirt over. However some of her stuff is truly vulgar like the jogging pants made of lace which are completely see through - so you see everything including whatever panties you are wearing. Who is wearing this? Strippers who have some kind of fake fitness pole routine?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

She by Sheree is getting a lot of publicity about the controversies surrounding her allegedly She by Someone Else line. Some of the names crack my up. I wonder how successful it will be given the price points and the cheap look of it all.

Just looked at Kenya Moore's site. Her products are geared to aid growth, it appears.  But language like this make her look like a snake oil vendor: "It infuses hair with growth components such as rich antioxidants, argan oil, bamboo water, reconstructive keratin & fatty acids. Hair is instantly softened, healthier, stronger & more manageable inside and out allowing it to grow longer in just one use. Plus, she appeared to wear wigs a lot in the episodes I watched, which were just a few, so what's the state of her hair? Was hoping that it would be different, more like Briogeo, which has one of the best conditioners I've ever used.

It was very touching to see Ralph with Marlo's nephews and his family's desire to show Marlo she has a village, as Sanya said, and Marlo also was at her best during that visit. She also was pretty gracious about her mother's teeth situation, which I'm sure was deeply embarrassing for her but there was nothing she could do. I hope she gets another season and learns from this experience. I've always liked her, but she goes too low. 

If I never see Drew and Ralph again it will be too soon.

• Applause 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, politichick said:

She by Sheree is getting a lot of publicity about the controversies surrounding her allegedly She by Someone Else line. Some of the names crack my up. I wonder how successful it will be given the price points and the cheap look of it all.

Just looked at Kenya Moore's site. Her products are geared to aid growth, it appears.  But language like this make her look like a snake oil vendor: "It infuses hair with growth components such as rich antioxidants, argan oil, bamboo water, reconstructive keratin & fatty acids. Hair is instantly softened, healthier, stronger & more manageable inside and out allowing it to grow longer in just one use. Plus, she appeared to wear wigs a lot in the episodes I watched, which were just a few, so what's the state of her hair? Was hoping that it would be different, more like Briogeo, which has one of the best conditioners I've ever used.

It was very touching to see Ralph with Marlo's nephews and his family's desire to show Marlo she has a village, as Sanya said, and Marlo also was at her best during that visit. She also was pretty gracious about her mother's teeth situation, which I'm sure was deeply embarrassing for her but there was nothing she could do. I hope she gets another season and learns from this experience. I've always liked her, but she goes too low. 

If I never see Drew and Ralph again it will be too soon.

I also wonder about what Kenya's real hair looks like because for the first couple of seasons her *thing* was that her hair was her hair - no weaves and no wigs and no extensions and the past two seasons it seems like it is all fake hair in one or another which is very odd because one would think they should would be showing off her own hair as promotional benefit for the hair products

I think all hair and beauty products are snake oil for the most part as there is very little that can be sold that would actually be able to work on anything other than superficial layers. Conditioner is either heavy or light in my experience. Some styling products like mousse, gel or whatever seem to work better than others but the idea that anything I buy from a shelf on CVS is going to greatly impact the health of my hair is ludicrous.

I thought the mother coming on without teeth was pretty desperate on Marlo's part because there was no reason for her to meet her mother without teeth on camera except as a cynical story line I don't know how her mother did it - I lost a front tooth and have a veneer which fell off and I felt like such a loser before I got to the dentist - luckily wearing a mask meant that I didn't have to actually be out in public with my front tooth missing :-).

I think it is Ross which is Sanye's husband and Ralph is the despicable husband of Drew. 

FWIW none of the Shein fashions were on the site in the two minutes I was able to access it so she might have pulled those because of the horrendous press. On the other hand the ones that are on the site are either vulgar or egregiously over priced or both. Again I am not the market for $150 dollar leggings. Lulamom is just a bit less than that in terms of price points but I am not a Lulamom person either - my leggings serve their purpose and when they become too decrepit they are binned. 

Edited by amarante
  • Love 5

I side eyed Kandi when she said that she wouldn't want Todd to remarry so his wife wouldn't get access to money that's for the children. Girl, what? Sometimes I think Kandi forgets that while Todd isn't a millionaire, he didn't come into the marriage broke. She was on some Mama Joyce shit with that.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sheenieb said:

I side eyed Kandi when she said that she wouldn't want Todd to remarry so his wife wouldn't get access to money that's for the children. Girl, what? Sometimes I think Kandi forgets that while Todd isn't a millionaire, he didn't come into the marriage broke. She was on some Mama Joyce shit with that.

I don't know what scenario Kandi was contemplating but it is not uncommon for a man to remarry and then leave significant amounts to the wife's kids or even have additional children.

Or the man dies and leaves the second wife a lot of money and she gives it to her kids and excludes the first wife's kids.

I can't believe someone as financially savvy as Kandi hasn't already set up trusts. I think that was all for the show 

• Love 6

When Ace was born, I worried for his safety. Seeing Joyce yet again, licking her chops at the prospect of Kandi's death, I still worry for the survival of Todd's children while Joyce is still breathing.

Marlo's family is all kinds of rachetness. What a disaster.

When Tyrone stepped out, it brought back memories of the 70's when ghetto fabulous dudes curated their pimp walks. I remember watching one dude pimping down the block and thinking how much faster and easier his day would be if he adopted a normal gait.

I can't help it. I always enjoy Apollo's presence. He's a character.

Funky Dineva had a good video on the Shit by Sheree fiasco. The reunion shows should be really funny since they were filmed before the implosion.

Best news of the night was Sanya wanting to have another young one. Ross has the most fabulous talking heads.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Damn! She by Sheree looks like it came from the place that sells hoochie clothes at the flea market! I think it's called Ho by Flo, 

Marlo's mom makes Mama Joyce look like a lovely woman. And that is hard to do. MJ is one greedy, self-serving old hag!

• Wink 1
  • LOL 4
On 8/31/2022 at 10:32 AM, TexasGal said:

the who's who of Atlanta prepares to attend She by Sheree's fashion show;

"It was the hottest ticket in town."  "It's been a household name" for 14 years.

I see that even after not watching this show for several years and just putting it on waiting for "House of Dragons" to start, Sheree's capacity for delusions of grandeur has not diminished.  

And Sheree - I can almost guaran-damn-tee you that if we stopped 100 people on the street in New York and asked them if they had any familiarity with "She by Sherree" you would be lucky if 10 of them would know what we were talking about.

Armani is a household name.

Chanel is a household name.

YOU?  are not.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Carolina Girl said:

Armani is a household name.

Chanel is a household name.

Don't forget.... Amazon's women's department....

On 9/4/2022 at 10:49 PM, Axie said:

I felt sorry for Marlo. Her mother is garbage.

I did too, and Marlo drives me crazy! All her mom would have to say, I think, is "I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me." That would go a long way. She immediately got defensive and said, "I always came to you and found you" or whatever nonsense she was spewing. Then she brings up the time Marlo kicked her out of a house she had bought for her mom because her mom was letting people do drugs there and all kinds of stuff went on. I believe Marlo on that one.

I just hope that Marlo gets some good therapy, and maybe anger management. If she could just learn to count to twenty or remove herself from a situation until she calmed down she'd be a whole lot easier to tolerate. I don't like the way she treats Kenya, though, and I'm guessing some of it is jealousy.

I was very against Marlo getting a peach but she does seem to have some redeeming qualities. Her nephews are pretty cute, too.

Edited by queta