Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E19: HOH #7, Nominations #7

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

Alyssa's dress is so weird.

Michael: Jasmine (boo!!), Brittany, Taylor, Monte

Terrance: Turner, Alyssa, Joseph, Kyle

Taylor sounds a little like Julie during the school yard pick.

Everyone looks so dejected.

Things aren't too bad for Dyre Fest, I saw a bucket of slop sitting on the shelf.

Joe snatched the Chinese Checkers.

Terrance's tattoos! as he talks with tears in his eyes, I see that tiger face and big skull.

Well that’s disappointing that Turner is taking this personal against Terrance when there’s bigger fish to fry like Kyle for one. As much as I don’t like Kyle, he really played Terrance and Alyssa beautifully, credit where it’s due. 

Michael has it easy with his noms, no drama inside. 

They all looked miserable. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 3

I don’t think we are giving Alyssa enough credit for her magnificent game play. While looking sweet and a little dumb, she’s managed to use Kyle’s crush on her to give her protection. If anyone thinks that she would have given him a second look outside the house, they’re nuts!  He’s not good at sex, he lives with his Mother, I don’t know what career he is in but it’s not something so important that he can’t give up a whole summer of work.  And the fact that he’s a racist is just an added mark against him.  She’s holding her nose and playing along for protection & it’s working.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 4

I like both Turner and Joseph, but to avoid a steamroller the rest of the way, I'm okay if one goes home. Just PLEASE for the love of all that is holy, please let ratboy Kyle be discovered for his disclosure. If there's some way Alyssa eventually pulls a Darth Vader (by evicting Kyle down the exhaust shaft), I would be very satisfied with her winning. She did not look pleased at his Leftovers confession.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, Caseysgirl said:

I don’t think we are giving Alyssa enough credit for her magnificent game play. While looking sweet and a little dumb, she’s managed to use Kyle’s crush on her to give her protection. If anyone thinks that she would have given him a second look outside the house, they’re nuts!  He’s not good at sex, he lives with his Mother, I don’t know what career he is in but it’s not something so important that he can’t give up a whole summer of work.  And the fact that he’s a racist is just an added mark against him.  She’s holding her nose and playing along for protection & it’s working.

Kyle is unemployed. I’ve never rooted harder for someone to dump someone else after the season ends.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

I was just about to write off this twist as a flop because with one team made up of everyone but Leftovers there was zero suspense and then we got to the backyard bunch.

Like him or hate him Kyle did play that masterfully. It looked like Terrance was setting himself up to get puppeted by Turner the way the Leftovers co-opted Taylor's HOH and ran the show.

Now at long last we are guaranteed a desperatly needed shake up in what was becoming a very by the numbers predictable season.

Oh and if Jasmine was any kind of BB fan she should know the one and ONLY birthday that matters is Rockstar's Daughter' s birthday.

Edited by North of Eden
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jsm1125 said:

Kyle is unemployed. I’ve never rooted harder for someone to dump someone else after the season ends.

I’d like her to dump him inside the house and vote him out.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7

Terrence makes me want to vomit. His referring to himself in the third person is so cringe. It's clear me he's being heavily coached in the DR but why?

Wonder who Joseph pissed off. Production seems to have turned on him.

I wasn't paying full attention. Why was Kyle acting like a gorilla?

So are they trying to make Kyle look like a brave hero now to counter the KKKyle stuff? Even if he gained Terrence's loyalty he probably lost all the LOs because for sure they'll find out what he did. He looks like a rat to me who just screwed up the game.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, mojoween said:

Fucking Kyle man.  What a shit.

if it’s any consolation – while Kyle may have avoided the chopping block this week, he’s pretty much guaranteed himself a trip to the JH as soon as the House re-merges and people start comparing notes - because you know Terrance is going to talk.

3 hours ago, mojoween said:

I really don’t see both Joseph and Turner making it to next week.

It’s a virtual lock one of them will be headed out the FD come Thursday:

1. If any of Alyssa/Kyle/Terrance wins PoV, odds are they’ll leave noms the same.
  2. If either Joseph or Turner were to win POV and take themselves off the block then the only replacement nom options are Kyle or Alyssa - which means at best (for J or T) a split vote come Thursday, with Terrance breaking the tie - and at present I don’t see Terrance overly inclined to evict either Alyssa or Kyle.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

You can often see Kyle in the background acting like a hyperactive kid and doing random weird shit. A few weeks ago the Leftovers were having a meeting in the HOH room and while the others were talking he was throwing himself backwards on the bed over and over again.

Poor Joseph. Those were the saddest bench presses I've ever seen. And poor Turner. This is definitely not fire. 😔

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

If you watch closely, Kyle does that kind of shit constantly - or, at least, whenever he thinks something’s going on which might be broadcast-worthy.  I think he thinks it’s cute or funny, although god only knows why; to me, it looks about as cute/funny as Spam in your socks.  First time I saw him do one of his little “runs”, my first thought was TBI.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Alyssa’s hurt and offended because she was left out of the Leftovers alliance, which was formed by people who were left out of the dominant alliance - which she was in… 🙄

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8

Terrence makes me want to vomit. His referring to himself in the third person is so cringe. It's clear me he's being heavily coached in the DR but why?

Ever since Paul I automatically dislike anyone who refers to themselves as "your boy" (or "your girl"). 

I get that Kyle had to do whatever it took to save himself, it just sucks we have to lose someone like Joseph or Turner while Kyle and Alyssa  get to stay another week. And I'm sure the producers love it too. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, jsm1125 said:

she'll stay with him as long as social media is interested in them as a couple, then it will be over.  Jackson and Holly lasted a year...and that was another odd coupling.

• Love 3

Jasmine has worked so hard to get this far apparently. I mean one minute she's wearing heels & the next she's hobbling around on her poor ankle or whatever part she has hurt this week. And don't forget it's now her birthday month so nobody should be mean to her, the fact that she thinks she's entitled to a birthday week & then month means she deserves to be booted  before she tells everyone they need to be nice to her because it's her birthday year. I fucking hate people who think they have are entitled to birthday week never mind a month.

• Applause 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8

If Kyle had approached this from a position of strength ("It's time for me to break up my Leftovers alliance and get myself to Finale night by teaming up with Allysa, Terrance, XXX and XXX this week, finishing the plan I've been working on for a few weeks now"), I would have saluted his expert gameplay.  But that's not what happened.

Kyle found himself outside all week, afraid that his "girlfriend" was going to get sent home and panicked.  He operated from a position of weakness.  He ratted out his alliance to both Allysa and Terrance, hoping and praying that that would mean he and his lady-love would be safe for at least one more week.  What a loser. 

I think I like Jasmine (who's at least fully committed to her over-the-top corn-pone accent) more than man-child Kyle, "Mother's Special Boy".

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Ever since Paul I automatically dislike anyone who refers to themselves as "your boy" (or "your girl")

And WHY does Terrance think he’s “your boy”?  Like, using that phrase, especially when nothing has been done to deserve the moniker, should be grounds for automatic expulsion.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

I don’t know what career [Kyle] is in but it’s not something so important that he can’t give up a whole summer of work.  And the fact that he’s a racist is just an added mark against him.  [Alyssa]'s holding her nose and playing along for protection & it’s working.

Again, I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt and note that panicking about possibly being targeted because of his race does not make him a racist, IMO.  Although I agree he may have overdone it.

It is interesting that he didn't trust Indy, since his "career" is being a YouTuber, and apparently one staple of his channel is Kyle talking about how deeply he desires Brasilian girls.  I guess it was easier to objectify Indy than it was to relate to her.  Or perhaps his whole panic about a possible "Cookout: Rio Style!" was because he tried to get close to Indy and was rejected?  But that's nothing but speculation; perhaps once he saw Alyssa, all thoughts of sexy senhoritas fled his head.  (And his brain, too.)

What's annoying me is Kyle's constant fretting about being targeted because of his showmance.  Dude, if you didn't want Alyssa to paint a target on you, you had the chance to chop her last week.  Romantic considerations aside, I doubt that would have been a great move, since Alyssa is more likely to be loyal to Kyle than the Leftovers would have been just because he obeyed their urgings.  But I don't want to hear Kyle complain about the drawbacks of the showmance while he's reaping the game-related benefits of it.  You made a choice, own it.

• Like 4

Again, I'll give Kyle the benefit of the doubt and note that panicking about possibly being targeted because of his race does not make him a racist, IMO. 

No but his assuming the POC would target him (at least some of them; not sure why Terrance gets a pass) because of their races does, IMO. I wonder if this is the first time he's ever spent any significant time around "people with loud personalities," whatever kind of inane dog whistle that is.

You can often see Kyle in the background acting like a hyperactive kid and doing random weird shit.

Okay, so it's his attempt at upstaging. I've never noticed it before though so maybe he's not very good at it. 🙄

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The frame of the Cookout as targeting white people is not correct. The Cookout formed to  generate a Black winner.  For Kyle to not only imagine but to broadcast a suspicion that there's an alliance where there isn't one based on the colour of people's skin and absolutely zero other evidence does feel like stereotyping and like fear-mongering to me.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay, so it's [Kyle’s] attempt at upstaging. I've never noticed it before though so maybe he's not very good at it. 🙄

Well - Kyle doesn’t do the upstaging bits for much more than 5-10 seconds at a time either, so….

• Wink 2
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

The frame of the Cookout as targeting white people is not correct. The Cookout formed to  generate a Black winner. 

The Cookout eliminated non-blacks every single time, from Eviction 1 to Eviction 10.  As eight of those 10 victims were white and as Xavier was specifically celebrating that not a single white male would make jury, that certainly seems like "targeting" AFAIK.

Only once did the Cookout eliminate a non-white ahead of a white player, when they dumped Derek X rather than Claire in Week 7.  (Sara Beth was HoH.) And Sara Beth and Claire were then promptly marched out the door ahead of Alyssa, for no apparent reason other than that she was Latina and the other two were white.

You can "generate a black winner" without protecting every single black HG, even if they despise each other.  The Cookout bonded over nothing but skin color and they targeted opponents for no reason but skin color.  I would have a problem with that if white HGs did it to black HGs…but of course they never have.  (Yes, individual HGs have exhibited bigoted behavior towards individual HGs of color.  That's nowhere near the same thing as a "black alliance" or a hypothetical "white alliance".)

Yes, traditionally casting , previous to last season, placed a majority of white HGs in the house.  (IMO, hardly surprising given that whites are a majority of the population.) But being in a minority did not stop Jun (Asian), Andy (gay) or Josh (Latino) from winning the series.  Kaycee won despite being Asian, gay, and a woman.  (Women are 50% represented in the casting, but have arguably been the victims of misogyny in the game and in the voting.)

And how did Kaycee win?  She formed an alliance with people she trusted, won competitions when she needed, and kept good relations with the evictees to get jury votes.  What she didn't do was round up Bayleigh and Chris and Fessy and J.C.  and go "let's get them white folks out of here!"

I'm sorry if I'm being impolitic in disagreeing here, but I've never liked what I consider offensive tactics just because they're being employed "for a good cause".  I believe in objective morality.  JMO.

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Applause 8
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I assume the twist was particularly to try and torpedo this large alliance?  I agree, the producers hate the alliance and are so happy things are being broken apart.

Honestly for once I can't blame production. I've said many times here the best seasons have two factions swapping power from week to week trying to one up the other. Watching one alliance steam roll over everything isn't suspenseful entertainment.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

He’s not good at sex

And you claim such knowledge about Kyle... how? Are you his ex?

I really was hoping this 'twist' would separate Kyle and Alyssa and they'd both be shown their respective doors...

Oh, and BTW Jasmine? Only Cam Girls get to celebrate their 'Birthday Months'.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

And you claim such knowledge about Kyle... how? Are you his ex?

I really was hoping this 'twist' would separate Kyle and Alyssa and they'd both be shown their respective doors...

Oh, and BTW Jasmine? Only Cam Girls get to celebrate their 'Birthday Months'.

Don’t give her ideas….I’m sure she could bring in 10s of dollars.  

• LOL 4