Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Waterworks

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SimplexFish said:

Why would Marion search "con man Albuquerque"?? 

During the phone call to Marion, he said, bail in Omaha was not like Albuquerque.  Started he mind going. How would a Cinabon manager know that?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Penman61 said:

They seemed to have their phone call from the police station scripted. 

they were just being extra careful, you never know who's listening.

18 minutes ago, paigow said:

The Feds already seized all his assets and seem to be uninterested in finding him...

so uninterested that they're still surveilling his assistant.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 5

I don't mean to suggest that Kim is leading a glamorous life in Florida, but it's not that bad.

Kim has a steady job, a roof over her head, no worries about feeding herself, friends she feels comfortable inviting over for dinner, etc. It's not as if Kim was that thrilled in Albuquerque focusing on banking law; her conversation with Jesse in the Breaking Bad timeline is another reminder that her criminal defense clients would most often be dipshits like Combo or more hardened criminals like Emilio; and watching another attorney help her client put on a tie made the courthouse building look as much like a factory as when she was speaking to the factory foreman. I'm not claiming Outback Steakhouse is phenomenal, but a lot of people can't casually decide to go there even with a week's notice.

When Rich Schweikart asked Kim why she left her hometown, she said she wanted more. Perhaps she decided less is more after being exposed to more in Albuquerque.

It's great if some have lives of nonstop excitement and unending happiness, but that's not the lot for most. Cancer Man is financially well off but still alone and dying from cancer. Even his dog is dead. If Howard hadn't been killed, he and Cheryl might well have divorced (which is not the same as saying Cheryl didn't love Howard or care about him). A number of people withbgood jobs at HHM lost them after HHM downsized after Howard's death.

So Kim's life could be a lot worse.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

My response is that Kim’s FL life was supposed to read as safe, routine, and minimally satisfying but not really exciting or challenging her. Kim seeing the defense attorney prepping her client at the NM courthouse was meant for us and her to think of what she lost, professionally. Sex with Yeppers was in stark contrast to carnal-engine-revving pleasure of listening to a name partnered attorney ruin his own career.

Could be a lot worse. Could also be better.

• Like 2
  • Love 15
9 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

When Rich Schweikart asked Kim why she left her hometown, she said she wanted more. Perhaps she decided less is more after being exposed to more in Albuquerque.

I think she's just not feeling anything in Florida. I got the impression she thought she was doing good by helping her clients and didn't look down on them. She cared about them and what she was doing--I think she would have loved to be back there with them if she hadn't blown it.

• Like 1
  • Love 15

Yay, I was actually right! I called it last week that in all likelihood it wasn't just a case of Carol Burnett liking the show and wanting to be on it in general but that she knew her character would be THE one to take him down. I was only incorrect in that I thought she had also lived in ABQ but like most of us it was fairly obvious that the computer wasn't just introduced into the show for no reason. Heh, the Life Alert lived up to its name. "I haven't fallen but a man's here trying to kill me!"

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
51 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

The 737k+ in the mark's bank account was the amount Walt said he needed to leave his family on BB. 

Is that right? I can't remember. Pretty cool.

49 minutes ago, Armchair Critic said:

Saul was really playing it casual when he signed the divorce papers, although we saw he had tears in his eyes before Kim came in.

Also, before he told Francesca to send her in, he checked himself out in the hand mirror.

I noticed when they were signing the papers, the blue light of his bluetooth earpiece was flashing in the foreground. I'm not sure what this would mean, symbolically. 

23 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

But after the phone call with Kim, Saul is on a self destruct path. He breaks a window, makes unnecessary noise (piano) and when he should be done and out of there, and the cab is waiting outside, he goes upstairs and steals watches, not to mention was he even wearing gloves? 

Yes, at least he was wearing gloves.

Jeffy tries to help him by crashing his cab, to distract the police, so Saul can sneak out, but by then the “drunk guy” is awake and aware that he’s been robbed. So instead of a ticket for careless driving, Jeff gets accused of robbery. 

Was that intentional? I didn't consider that. I thought he just panicked, drove off too fast, and slid on the snow then into the car.

I noticed that on the first bus, there was an Emergency Exit sign above Kim's head.

In this ep, both Kim and Gene ride the bus. Kim's journey is to and from confession. Gene's is to escape the scene of a crime.

Boy, Kim really did a complete makeover when she moved to FL. Not only with her hair, but her clothes, shoes, purses. 

I liked how she glanced at the parking lot booth where Mike used to work.

I had CC on when I rewatched. When Gene is searching for the passwords and raises the desk pad, CC says "Crucifix clangs." Then I saw that the item on the desk pad that slide off was a crucifix. I'm not sure I can say for certain for this means. 

Oh, and while Gene pretended to care about his (pretend) dog, cancer guy has an obvious, sincere love for his (deceased) dog. Maybe you can say that cancer guy is everything Gene is not: Ethical, moral, honest, loving, religious.

Edited by peeayebee
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Oh, and while Gene pretended to care about his (pretend) dog, cancer guy has an obvious, sincere love for his (deceased) dog. Maybe you can say that cancer guy is everything Gene is not: Ethical, moral, honest, loving, religious.

Between the cancer and the $737K bank account matching Walt's "walkaway" total, Mr. Lingk was basically the non-evil version of Walter White.  Perhaps another reason Gene felt so determined to rip this guy off in particular.

• Like 3
  • Useful 8
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Sailorgirl26 said:

But other than destroying Howard's reputation, the only crimes she committed were, arguably, petty crimes as Gizele -- Ken Wins, for example. And for prosecutors looking to make any score in the massive criminality of Heisenberg world, Gus, the Salamancas, breaking open what happened to the entire friggin' cartel world for heaven's sake -- given that everyone else is dead or disappeared to Alaska, letting her off the hook for some petty crimes in exchange for getting one of the biggest fish is a no brainer. 

Kim sabotaging Mesa Verde, as MV's attorney, was very likely criminal. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Sailorgirl26 said:

So Kim inadvertently and ultimately sets off the entire chain of escalatory events of Saul getting embedded into the Breaking Bad world, Gus and the superlab, the worldwide distribution of meth, and all the BrBa deaths. Wow. 

Jesse and Combo were already at the office, and Combo was meeting with Saul at that very moment.  Even if Kim had told Jesse that Saul was human garbage and to stay away, Combo was probably about to stroll outside talking about how Saul made a bunch of big promises.  Since pre-BB Jesse wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, he probably forgets Kim's advice anyway.

• Love 3

Back in season 1, I said this show was about loss, grief, anger, and self-loathing, that it was the saddest show I'd ever watched, and it was remarkable how it was, so often, simulteaneously, laugh out loud funny. This episode encapsulated all of that (yes, I laughed at Jeffy's taxi driving), and it was great, great, great, writing, acting, direction, cinematography. All of it.

• Applause 1
  • Love 21

Imagine having a favorite show, being in a position to have a part offered in this show, and then ending up playing the person who takes down the lead character. You'd have to feel some power there. Way the go Carol Burnett. Wrapping up the BB/BCS universe single handedly.

Edited by BC4ME
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 15
18 minutes ago, OutOfTheQuestion said:

Jesse and Combo were already at the office, and Combo was meeting with Saul at that very moment.  Even if Kim had told Jesse that Saul was human garbage and to stay away, Combo was probably about to stroll outside talking about how Saul made a bunch of big promises.  Since pre-BB Jesse wasn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, he probably forgets Kim's advice anyway.

That was Emilio in the office. Jesse was talking about an earlier time when Saul helped Combo.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, you get no sympathy from me, Kim.

Nada

Me neither.  Not when she was still instinctually covering for Jimmy.

1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Yes, I get that, but it seemed like an unnecessary line of dialogue. I may stay up tonight and rewatch the ep.

I just think it shows she's observant and has humanity. 

1 hour ago, Ellaria Sand said:

Something is off for her and she searches…and finds Saul. Perfectly logical? Perhaps not. Possible? Definitely. I have gone down a lot of holes in my random Internet searches. That’s likely what Marion did.

I think part of what helped her find him is that we're not that far out from the events of Breaking Bad.  News articles will still be relatively recent and close to the top of search results. 

40 minutes ago, Jodithgrace said:

Jeffy tries to help him by crashing his cab, to distract the police, so Saul can sneak out, but by then the “drunk guy” is awake and aware that he’s been robbed. So instead of a ticket for careless driving, Jeff gets accused of robbery.

I do not think that was intentional.  Jeff saw the cops and started to freak out.  He wanted to get out of there immediately but also not so quickly that he'd seem suspicious. That led to a panic departure and an accident.

But goodness, that whole cancer guy and cabbie/cop sequence was vintage Gilligan.  Especially in that cabbie scene.  It was old school noir.

9 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Kim sabotaging Mesa Verde, as MV's attorney, was very likely criminal. 

I think something she did with Lalo likely was.  Didn't she help cover up his identity?

• Love 7

Whelp, as soon as I saw "Written & Directed by Vince Gilligan", I knew they were going all in for the endgame!

Glad we actually did check in on what happened to Kim after everything.  On the surface, it isn't the worst kind of life ever, but for someone like Kim, having that kind of boring, everyday life with a boring, everyday boyfriend, and going to a boring, everyday job (complete with co-workers that would fit right in on The Office.  Was just missing a Michael Scott-style boss), would be a nightmare for her.  And, again, this all probably would have been avoided if she didn't turn that damn car around to finish the con.  You could have been one of the best, Kim.  Your dream job was that close.

But that's only part of it as her conversation with Gene ends up bringing back all of the guilt over what they did to Howard and now that she knows everyone else is gone (Gus, Mike, etc.), she comfortable finally revealing the truth and even confessing to Cheryl.  Six years too late in a lot of ways, but I hope it will be enough to redeem Howard's name amongst his peers.  Won't be surprised if she does end up avoiding prosecution, but it certainly looks like that guilt is never going to go away and she will live with it for the rest of her life.  Rhea Seehorn owned that breakdown in the bus.  If she doesn't get the Emmy this year, she better be getting it next year!

Interesting finding out that Kim actually met the "official" Saul Goodman persona as well and wasn't impressed.  Granted, Saul was clearly going over-the-top with the sleaze and uncaring attitude because he didn't want to admit how much their divorce was hurting him.  Also did not have Kim meeting Jesse on my prediction card.  A little bit on the fan service side of things perhaps, but I enjoyed it.  Who knew that Kim's one line might have lead to everything that happens later on in a completely different show?!

Last but certainly not least, there is Gene.  No surprise that the con blew up in his face because he got greedy and stayed way too long, and only escaped due to Jeff either causing a distraction or just being plain incompetent (really can't tell with him.)  But it looks like the gig might be finally up, because Marion puts all the pieces together and figures out his true identity!  Saul Goodman!  Done in by greed, Ask Jeeves, and Life Alert!  Granted, he's on the lamb now, but the walls are closing in and I can't see him escaping again.

One more week!  We are so close!!

• Like 1
  • Love 11

At this point, I am just looking forward to seeing something from Jimmy' past, where the "I trusted you" line came into play and shines a bit of light on why those words caused him to stand down from hurting Marion.

Or did maybe one of the old ladies at Sandpiper say that at one point? I have to check...

Edited by ahmerali
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, ahmerali said:

At this point, I am just looking forward to seeing something from Jimmy' past, where the "I trusted you" line came into play and shines a bit of light on why those words caused him to stand down from hurting Marion.

Great insight. Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy's dad said it to young Jimmy, after learning that YJ had been stealing from the store.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, Bannon said:

Great insight. Wouldn't be surprised if Jimmy's dad said it to young Jimmy, after learning that YJ had been stealing from the store.

I would be good with that. There has to be something...I don't think it came from one of the older people at Sandpiper.

2 minutes ago, ahmerali said:

I would be good with that. There has to be something...I don't think it came from one of the older people at Sandpiper....but maybe we might see something in the last episode from someone after Jimmy gets the money from the lawsuit, which was alluded to in this episode and is clearly a big thing that puts Jimmy into the Saul Goodman life.

The fact the he mentions it to Kim - she doesn't want any of it - is going to be important I think. Clearly she didn't take any of it in the divorce - she easily could have if she wanted to - she just wanted out.

2 hours ago, Sailorgirl26 said:

So this may belong in speculation without spoilers and I'm going to spoiler it just to be super safe. 

That would suggest the possibility of a prison lawyer spin-off show, though, wouldn't it?  I guess Saul would get disbarred, but still, he'd be quite a character in prison.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Well, damn. I did not have “Kim turning into a brunette Florida housewife” on my finale bingo card.

Oh, they’re just dating. My mistake.

I’d prefer to be shot in the head by Lalo than to live that life. Ugh!

3 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

This is breaking my heart more than if she'd been killed 

Same here. Prison would be an improvement, as long as it’s not in Florida.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Jodithgrace said:

But after the phone call with Kim, Saul is on a self destruct path. He breaks a window, makes unnecessary noise (piano) and when he should be done and out of there, and the cab is waiting outside, he goes upstairs and steals watches, not to mention was he even wearing gloves?

After the phone call with Kim, Saul goes back to Jeff and Buddy, whom he had told to never interact with him again, and initiated the stolen identity scheme.

He played it fairly safe until Buddy told him he wouldn't rip-off the cancer victim.  That's when something broke inside of Saul and he became self-destructive by breaking the window and then playing the piano.  Even after that, if all he had done was take pictures of the financial records and then left in Jeff's taxi, without stealing any physical property, the victim would have thought that someone tried to break in but didn't (at least until his accounts were drained, at which point he might have figured out that's when it happened).  By stealing the watches, he basically guaranteed that the police would be called sooner rather than later.

Saul was wearing gloves. 

However, he didn't appear to photograph the victim's ID, which would make it a lot tougher to open new accounts or credit cards.  Perhaps he figured that the money in the account was enough.

12 hours ago, Constantinople said:

I don't mean to suggest that Kim is leading a glamorous life in Florida, but it's not that bad.

Kim has a steady job, a roof over her head, no worries about feeding herself, friends she feels comfortable inviting over for dinner, etc. It's not as if Kim was that thrilled in Albuquerque focusing on banking law; her conversation with Jesse in the Breaking Bad timeline is another reminder that her criminal defense clients would most often be dipshits like Combo or more hardened criminals like Emilio; and watching another attorney help her client put on a tie made the courthouse building look as much like a factory as when she was speaking to the factory foreman. I'm not claiming Outback Steakhouse is phenomenal, but a lot of people can't casually decide to go there even with a week's notice.

It's great if some have lives of nonstop excitement and unending happiness, but that's not the lot for most. Cancer Man is financially well off but still alone and dying from cancer. Even his dog is dead. If Howard hadn't been killed, he and Cheryl might well have divorced (which is not the same as saying Cheryl didn't love Howard or care about him). A number of people withbgood jobs at HHM lost them after HHM downsized after Howard's death.

I suppose, but she seems numb.  She's living a safe, vanilla life.  Even Miracle Whip is too fancy; she wanted plain mayonnaise.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

CAROL BURNETT FOR THE FUCKING WIN.

It was long past time for karma to bitchslap Gene. He managed to slip out of that guy’s house thanks to Jeff’s stupidity—he BETTER have put that that dog urn back—and then tries to get his poor mom come down to the station to bail him out? Ughhhhhhhhh. But evidently Carol Burnett is not as gullible as he thought, because the internet never forgets.

Nice touch that the commercial was in color.

Was not expecting Kim to encounter Jesse in that flashback.

I was glad that Cheryl finally found out what really happened to Howard, and even more glad that she told Kim off. Congratulations on telling the truth after six years when all the witnesses are dead and all you have is hearsay. Howard’s reputation is still ruined and odds are it’s too late to recover any kind of body. But Kim cleaned her conscience. Put that on the medal.

It was too little, too late, and judging from her breakdown on the bus, she knows it.

One more to go! Perhaps we’ll see the Gene stuff in color?

That’s more than any of the others would have done. Even Nacho wouldn’t have turned himself in.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, peeayebee said:

Was that intentional? I didn't consider that. I thought he just panicked, drove off too fast, and slid on the snow then into the car.

I agree.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Because Saul was so weirdly aware of the differences in Albuquerque when it came to bail after she'd seen him looking like he was up to something with the boys. That's why she asked if Buddy was also in trouble.

As soon as he said that, I knew he was done. He knew way too much about Albuquerque’s bail procedure.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Constantinople said:

Upon reflection I think Marion didn't necessarily mean that she literally used "con man Albuquerque " as her search phrase, but that "con man Albuquerque" is her way of summarizing what she found. Saul may want to know how she found his ads, but what's important to Marion is to call out Gene, not detail her 'Ask Jeeves' search history.

I think she literally searched "con man Albuquerque." Why not? She figured that he was a con man with ties to Albuquerque, and I doubt she'd choose any particularly sophisticated search terms.

Searching for "Con man Albuquerque" would also be very likely to turn up Saul. He'd probably be the most notorious living Albuquerque con artist at that point in time.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Kristi800 said:

Everything else in the show was perfect, but this felt forced. 

Kim's confession felt like Mike's conversation with Nacho's father. Like, so what. There's no evidence of what they did, Lalo's dead, Gus is, etc., and she still spares Jimmy/Saul/Gene. Maybe she doesn't know where exactly he is but she does know he's alive, so Cheryl's like, WTF, why bother telling me now, just to ease Kim's mind! 

Cheryl deserved to know the truth. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Jeff’s mom was talking about Jeff’s old criminal charges in Albuquerque and she said something about him urinating in public….so was he one of Jimmy’s indecent exposure clients? (She was on the phone  with Gene,)

I sure did hate seeing that empty parking lot booth. 😔

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, maystone said:

Kim is still my girl. She was a shell of herself in her existence in Florida - I can't call it her life. And it was the punishment she set for herself. It was joyless. It was everything that Kim was not. I noticed that she never initiated interaction; it was always reactive and frequently monosyllabic. And you know that her hook-up with The Yepper was pure self-loathing. The ponytail was gone. I sighed when I saw that.

I've seen the comments about how Kim waited until everyone associated with Howard's death was also either dead or missing. Kim didn't plan on that confession to Cheryl. That was set in motion when Jimmy called her. When he challenged her to turn herself in. And she did. I think if Jimmy hadn't called, if that particular conversation had never happened, Kim would have continued in her personal carceral state for many years. I thought what she did was brave and the right thing to do.

Her breakdown on the bus was harrowing to watch. I was starting to have an anxiety attack and had to pull myself out of it. Damn, what a scene. Kudos to Rhea and Gilligan. And yes, the hand coming into the scene to try to comfort Kim was understated perfection.

Meanwhile in Omaha, Jimmy is in self-destruct mode. Stupid and arrogant. And then he compounds the nonsense with the break-in and theft by just going full-on Saul. As if Gene didn't exist anymore. Good on Marion for pressing the button and how perfect is it that Jimmy is busted by the "I've fallen and can't get up" device touted in cheesy TV commercials. Sound familiar, Jimmy?

Just a great, great episode. Put it up for an Emmy for everyone involved.

Thank you!

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

It didn't seem unnecessary to me. It was a way of her testing out her suspicions that she suddenly had there on the phone. Before that she'd been complaining to Saul what it was like dealing with this stuff with Jeff. Since Buddy wasn't in trouble, she still wasn't sure.

Yes, but still, he was still getting lucky and unlucky based on stuff that was completely random. It's more surprising when him putting himself in those positions works out.

Sure, but I don't understand what the two things have to do with each other. Kim feels guilty about Howard's death. She dealt with it by confessing it to Cheryl. She also told Cheryl about Jimmy's involvement. If the DA did decide to prosecute that case, both Kim and Jimmy would be guilty. Kim might get a better deal for confessing, but that would undercut her motivation for going to Cheryl to begin with.

The Heisenberg crimes that Jimmy's involved with have nothing to do with Howard or Kim and Kim couldn't possibly have anything to do with prosecuting anybody for any of them.

Prosecute what case? For trying to ruin Howard’s reputation? What kind of charges would those be? She didn’t have any part in killing him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ahmerali said:

Or did maybe one of the old ladies at Sandpiper say that at one point? I have to check...

Searching the transcipts, I did find a match, and a pretty interesting one: "These people trusted you" is what Erin Brill from Davis & Main says to Jimmy when he's pretending to be an uncaring shit so the Sandpiper residents will "accidentally" overhear and stop blaming Mrs. Landry for ending the lawsuit prematurely. I can see why that might be a shock to Gene's system, to be reminded that what was once an over-the-top performance of greedy contempt has become who he actually is.

Edited to add: Oh, and in both cases the expression of betrayal is a sad echo of Jimmy's motto as an elder law specialist: "JIMMY McGILL: A Lawyer You Can Trust."

Edited by Dev F
  • Useful 2
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Thanks for pointing that out.  I got focused on that and was wondering why she was there and when Jesse was going to pop up.  

I’m going to withhold judgement on the waterworks…..idk.  I’ll rewatch and mull it over.  I’m not sure what, if any, serious charges Kim and Jimmy committed.  I suppose concealment of a body…..idk.  I wouldn’t think Kim faces any real trouble for that incident.  

Yep. And I might add that you’re a lawyer. 🙂

2 hours ago, paigow said:

The Feds already seized all his assets and seem to be uninterested in finding him...

I’m sure they want to find Jesse though, and Saul might know a few things.

• Mind Blown 1
14 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Prosecute what case? For trying to ruin Howard’s reputation? What kind of charges would those be? She didn’t have any part in killing him.

Drugging Howard, which she presumably admitted to in her afadavit, is most definitely a felony.

1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

It would certainly get her disbarred, but criminal?

Sure. Fraud, or some variant of that charge.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Drugging Howard, which she presumably admitted to in her afadavit, is most definitely a felony.

And lying to law enforcement to cover up a murder is at least obstruction of justice, right?

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Dev F said:

And lying to law enforcement to cover up a murder is at least obstruction of justice, right?

Certainly a possibility, although anything Lalo related provides a " I was in fear of my life" defense. The drugging of Howard is a open and shut example of a felony, however, which she presumably admitted to commiting.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, Bannon said:

One of the lawyers posting here said she didn’t think there was anything she’d be charged with. 🤷‍♀️

17 minutes ago, Bannon said:

I can’t see a prosecutor taking that case. The Mesa Verde case, I mean.

3 hours ago, Mean Machine said:

Gene said something about bail procedures being different in Omaha than Albuquerque, and it seemed like Marion did a slight double take when he said that.  Pretty sure that's what aroused her suspicion and made her Ask Jeeves.

But also, Jeff had lived in ABQ and been arrested there.  She was still paying off hr Discover bill from his lawyer. Maybe Saul was his lawyer.

2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

One of the lawyers posting here said she didn’t think there was anything she’d be charged with. 🤷‍♀️

I can’t see a prosecutor taking that case. The Mesa Verde case, I mean.

Oh, with nothing but a confession, Kim is certainly right that a prosecutor may be reluctant to proceed, and absent Kevin Wachtel pushing for it, the MV fraud is not going to be prosecuted. That's before we get to Statute of Limitations issues.

Make no mistake, however. Drugging people is a felony, and people have been convicted of felonies for taking $ from people, while deliberately and covertly not providing the service the people were told they'd be receiving. On the federal level ( which may apply here, since MV operates in several states, it's often described as "deprivation of honest services".

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I’m sure they want to find Jesse though, and Saul might know a few things.

This didn't even occur to me until now, but if Saul does get caught and confesses to the authorities, Jesse could still be in danger.  To help his plea bargain, Saul could give up the Disappearer, and so Jesse and any of Ed's past clients would be pursued.  Obviously everything we know about Ed suggests that he's a careful guy who has his tracks covered, but he must have some kind of existing intel on the premises about specific clients (like his system for delivering stuff to Walt in New Hampshire).

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Scout Finch said:

That was Emilio in the office. Jesse was talking about an earlier time when Saul helped Combo.

No, Jesse remembered Kim from the time (pre-BB) when she got Combo off scot-free.  Jesse was waiting outside Saul's office while Saul was seeing Emilio.

Edited by MBayGal
  • Love 2
26 minutes ago, MBayGal said:

No, Jesse remembered Kim from the time (pre-BB) when she got Combo off scot-free.  Jesse was waiting outside Saul's office while Saul was seeing Emilio.

Which is what I said. Did you mean to quote the person I was responding to?

• Love 3
22 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m going to withhold judgement on the waterworks…..idk.  I’ll rewatch and mull it over.  I’m not sure what, if any, serious charges Kim and Jimmy committed.  I suppose concealment of a body…..idk.  I wouldn’t think Kim faces any real trouble for that incident.  

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I will posit a scenario by which Kim faces serious legal jeopardy.  

The fake American Greed story ends with audio of Lalo and Saul discussing the $7 million bail.  Only the audio is altered, such that it sounds like a surreptitious recording.  That got me thinking, what if the jailhouse conversation between Kim and Lalo was recorded?  Could that lead to serious charges against Kim?  If Kim entered into a criminal conspiracy to defraud the court and help a murder suspect to escape custody, could she be held culpable for his subsequent crimes?  Could she face Felony Murder charges for the death of Howard Hamlin?  

I have been sitting on this scenario for a while.  The reason I didn't post if before is I couldn't explain why the authorities would not have already arrested Kim.  But tonight's episode solved that problem for me.  Kim told the authorities about her association with Lalo in her own affidavit.  Now they have a reason to go back and investigate what happened six years earlier.  And maybe such a recording exists, but it was never listened to before because it was presumed to be protected by attorney-client privilege.    

ETA:  Here is the video.  The conversation is at the 9:10 mark.    

ETA2:  Based on this episode, I am going to adjust my Casablanca Ending.  Kim will be charged with serious felonies, and her story will make the news.  Jimmy will see this and turn himself in, in return for less or no prison time for Kim.  Not saying this is how this show will end, just how I want it to end. 

ETA3:  And based on the promo, Jimmy might make it all the way to Mexico and start a new life as amigo de cartel before deciding to return.  

Edited by PeterPirate
  • Love 3

If Kim was facing charges for the drugging of Howard - and the statute of limitation hadn't been reached - I think it might be pretty easy for the prosecution to get a conviction.

There's more than just the confession. Cliff Main may be able to testify that Howard told him that the photo was wet, and that he started feeling strange after touching it. People at the mediation could testify that Howard was showing physical signs of being under the influence of the drug in question. There should be evidence that HHM's private investigator contact information had been changed, which would support Kim's story.

The prosecution might be able to track down the fake private investigator and offer him immunity for his testimony.

If I were on a jury, and I heard all of that, I'd have no problem saying that Kim was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Regardless, though, I don't see Kim wanting to go to trial. She'd probably gladly accept a deal.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

If Kim was facing charges for the drugging of Howard - and the statute of limitation hadn't been reached - I think it might be pretty easy for the prosecution to get a conviction.

There's more than just the confession. Cliff Main may be able to testify that Howard told him that the photo was wet, and that he started feeling strange after touching it. People at the mediation could testify that Howard was showing physical signs of being under the influence of the drug in question. There should be evidence that HHM's private investigator contact information had been changed, which would support Kim's story.

The prosecution might be able to track down the fake private investigator and offer him immunity for his testimony.

If I were on a jury, and I heard all of that, I'd have no problem saying that Kim was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Regardless, though, I don't see Kim wanting to go to trial. She'd probably gladly accept a deal.

She made a confession that was lengthy. I don't know if she would even be charged, she didn't think so but she apparently didn't think it was limitations barred. She seemed ready to accept consequences. It's just sad that Howard's reputation won't be really restored, HHM is still history, it is too late for any of that. Cheryl knows the shocking truth, Kim is partially unburdened, but as someone else mentioned, shades of Mike with Mr. Varga.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

He is going to regret that phone call, now Kim is confessing. 

Yep.   

And if he hadn't slipped back into his con man ways nothing may of come from it, as Kim stated,  because everyone else is dead snd saul is the only other witness. 

Every choice he made the last two episodes doomed them 

But hey this way he might get back together with Kim in jail!

I've been wondering what this will mean fur the nursing home ruling.  Can it be reversed now based on this info?  Can the claimants lose their payouts?  

• Useful 1
9 hours ago, bad things are bad said:

The birthday card scene reminded me of the Bob's Burgers when he dreamed he was working in an office and realized how much he hated it. For Kim to be living this banal life when she's so damn smart...

It reminded me of the office early on season one I think They're having  a birthday party and card, Michael being himself trying to jazz it up and make it more exciting and failing hard. You just can't. 

• Love 1

This almost makes up for the prior two episodes.  Carol burnett for the win. 

For all of Saul's faults he does have a line he won't cross. He couldn't kill her, which is what Walt would have done.  

I guess Kim never made it to that new Outback......

Or did she!!!!

The most exciting thing she did was use miracle whip instead of mayo.  

I can't figure out if he purposely wrecked the car to distract the cops or he was trying to get away and accidentally wrecked. My guess is the latter, he's not smart enough fir the first option.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1