Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Waterworks

• Start Topic

I think that Kim her whole life has had intellectual support but no emotional support. Jimmy gave her emotional support which she desperately needed but he also activated the demon inside her. She wanted to please him and he wanted to please her and the way both of them did it was scamming.

But the scams had to be bigger and bigger to be meaningful to her and eventually it went too far. 

In Florida, she has no intellectual stimulation or support at all. But she has a lot of emotional support, actual friends, and a sense of belonging she never had before. She's found an emotionally safe place and she's terrified to let the old Kim out again because that road leads to disaster for her. 

The women there also seem similar to her mother but without the evil streak. 

• Love 6

OK, since this is VG storytelling, there are and will continue to be parallels between Breaking Bad/Walt and Better Call Saul/Saul.

In "Ozymandias", Walt comes to a complete end of the line. Not a crossroads, this is the end. My family is broken. I did this. I have to snatch whatever bit is left, and he decides to grab Holly and make a run for it. Then one small word "Mama" makes him realize that despite everything, he simply can't go that far and ruin the one good thing left in his life that might have a chance to thrive despite what he's done. He returns to Albuquerque, to try and 'set things right', according to his twisted calculus, and it all ends where he was really alive - in the meth lab.

I can't fill in all of the blanks for how it will go down, but let's do the same thing for Jimmy:

In "Waterworks", Jimmy/Saul/Gene comes to a complete end of the line. Not a crossroads, this is the end. I can't help myself, I'm a con man. I mess up people's lives, even when I actually have sincere good intentions. I have to find a way to survive, and I can only do that if I murder this old woman who has figured out who I am. Then she says "I trusted you". I realize that I can't murder her like this. Despite everything, I can't go that far.
Saul will return to Albuquerque. He'll have another scene with Walt where the parallels between their situations become more clear. Saul will try and 'set things right', according to his twisted calculus, and it all ends where he was really alive - and I'm not 100 percent where that will be, as I think his old hangouts have all been seized by the authorities.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

Prosecute what case? For trying to ruin Howard’s reputation? What kind of charges would those be? She didn’t have any part in killing him.

That was actually the question I was asking--I don't see any case that would have anything to do with Howard--or even Saul and Walt. 

Second that this is the saddest show on TV, probably because it started out with the funny guy in Breaking Bad (and Mr. Show!)

Re: the people Kim was friends with now, I didn't think the show was specifically looking down on them, but they were realized in the same detailed ways as other characters on the show and that means sometimes they're ridiculous. Their conversations were no more condescendingly-written than any of the druggie conversations, for instance. They just all stand out because we're watching a story we're interested in that is about certain things, and then the same weight is given to stuff that's either irrelevent (which ice cream? Miracle Whip vs. mayonaisse?) or we already know (No, you can't call the police on someone for buying a pacifier and that line really does suggest this person is probably pretty terrible in some situations.) Really, Jesse rambled on just as much as any of them did!

Rhea Seahorn, btw, on Talking Saul said that Kim had basically become the person she was pretending to be at that point, which is probably why her own reactions are never condescending. Vanilla and strawberry actually are both good, and the cat card is cute. It's only after Saul's call that you see any cracks.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7

Despite everything, Kim still loves Jimmy. Not what Jimmy has become but old Jimmy in the mail room. The Howard scam is what caused her life to crash to the ground. 

The flip side of I'll responsible for myself is that she tends to feel responsible for things she shouldn't feel responsible for. She's the force behind the Howard scam. If she confesses, she's also taking Jimmy down for something she did. 

She doesn't like Saul at all but she lives in Florida now and he's no longer her responsibility. She was wracked with guilt over Howard but didn't want to take Jimmy down for something she did and was doing her best not to even think about it. 

I'm sure the police asked her questions but she really didn't know anything about the events that happened after her and Jimmy broke up. I doubt anyone asked her about Howard or Lalo. 

When Gene called her, she knew that the Jimmy she knew was dead. He told her to confess so that gave her permission to do what her conscience has been whispering to her to do for years. Jimmy's gone. She doesn't have to protect him anymore. 

• Love 7

They did a great job showing how Kim had become, well, diminished.  The costuming was great.  She had shifted to clunky pumps from sexy stilettos.  The wig was Americans bad, and I can't help thinking they wanted you to make the reference.  I don't think she was supposed to be seen as actually wearing a wig, but rather just showing a bad hairstyle.  The way she was carrying herself showed she was beaten down.

As for mayonnaise (any brand), vs. Miracle Whip, puh-leeze.  There is no equivalency.  Miracle Whip is NOT for tuna fish sandwiches.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • Wink 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Hmm…..statute of limitations on most felonies in that state is 6 years. Wonder if Kim realized that.  🥴. But, I think they may be tolled if the offender leaves the state and she did.

That is with Second Degree felonies, can any of their crimes (especially Sauls) fall into the First Degree category? I'm sure Kim knows this...how could she not?

Edited by SimplexFish
Just now, SimplexFish said:

That is with Second Degree felonies, can any of their crimes fall into the First Degree category?

I don’t practice in NM.  I suppose that if the show wants to go there, they’ll figure a way, but with no corpus delicti, as Kim said….does it make sense to prosecute?  Idk.  If they had murdered someone maybe, but they were not in the commission of a crime at the time.  They were standing in their own living room, so felony murder wouldn’t apply.  Could Gene plead guilty, if Kim corroborates the crimes?  Idk.  I suppose Saul could argue that in court.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, ahmerali said:

In "Waterworks", Jimmy/Saul/Gene comes to a complete end of the line. Not a crossroads, this is the end. I can't help myself, I'm a con man. I mess up people's lives, even when I actually have sincere good intentions. I have to find a way to survive, and I can only do that if I murder this old woman who has figured out who I am. Then she says "I trusted you". I realize that I can't murder her like this. Despite everything, I can't go that far.
Saul will return to Albuquerque. He'll have another scene with Walt where the parallels between their situations become more clear. Saul will try and 'set things right', according to his twisted calculus, and it all ends where he was really alive - and I'm not 100 percent where that will be, as I think his old hangouts have all been seized by the authorities.

This is a great analysis. Jimmy - like Walt - takes everything too far. He had to go back to cancer man’s house. He had to engage in identify theft instead of ending scams with Jeff and Buddy. I’m sure there are other examples. It’s never enough.

However, there is one key difference between Jimmy and Walt: Walt had a terminal cancer. He was willing and able to take certain risks when returning to Albuquerque because he knew his days were numbered. 

I agree that Jimmy will also go back to Albuquerque to “set things right” but, in this instance, I’m not sure what that means. Who will he see? His old life is gone; he destroyed it and everyone in it. I’m not sure that he is ready to accept the consequences of his past.

• Love 5

I wonder if Kim would have confessed if she thought there was a good chance of legal consequences?  Was her confession motivated primarily by a desire to clear her own conscience without too much risk involved?  

• Love 6

I think Kim was punishing herself with the most mundane existence she could find. Her relationship with the "yep yep" guy was a dull void, and I think her friendships with her coworkers fell into the same category.

She probably enjoyed eating their baked goods and hearing some gossip, as she had little else to look forward to. (Same thing with watching The Amazing Race with her bf.) But I don't think there was any kind of emotional connection of any kind. She had turned off her brain.

Regarding legal consequences - leaving aside the statute of limitations, Kim could easily face charges for actively conspiring to cover up a murder.

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I don’t practice in NM.  I suppose that if the show wants to go there, they’ll figure a way, but with no corpus delicti, as Kim said….does it make sense to prosecute?  Idk.  If they had murdered someone maybe, but they were not in the commission of a crime at the time.  They were standing in their own living room, so felony murder wouldn’t apply.  Could Gene plead guilty, if Kim corroborates the crimes?  Idk.  I suppose Saul could argue that in court.  

Could it be argued, within the realm of non-ridiculousness, that the felonious drugging of Howard (presumably admitted to in Kim's afadavit) was an essential element in his being exposed to Lalo's murderous activities?

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Blakeston said:

I think Kim was punishing herself with the most mundane existence she could find. Her relationship with the "yep yep" guy was a dull void, and I think her friendships with her coworkers fell into the same category.

She probably enjoyed eating their baked goods and hearing some gossip, as she had little else to look forward to. (Same thing with watching The Amazing Race with her bf.) But I don't think there was any kind of emotional connection of any kind. She had turned off her brain.

Regarding legal consequences - leaving aside the statute of limitations, Kim could easily face charges for actively conspiring to cover up a murder.

I suppose anything she did at Lalo's direction could be said to have been the result of coercion. That doesn't cover the felonious drugging of Howard, of course.

• Love 4

Kim's punishment is having to be Kim no matter where she is. Howard's wife saw that at the end of their conversation. Her hair and makeup (Howard's wife) hardened and became a sort of cartoonish from when we first met her. His death had visibly changed her. 

I think consciously or not, Saul would rather be a big shot running scams in prison than be a nobody on the outside. Getting away with it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Saw this on Twitter and thought y'all would agree.

IMG_0719.jpg

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Love 16

While both Walt and Jimmy/Saul/Gene are obviously self'destructive, I think their mechanisms of anger leading to self destructiveness are slightly different. With Walt, it was always the wounded pride; he doesn't even decide to return to NM until he sees Gretchen and Elliot on television, dismissing Walt's contribution to Grey Matter. With J/S/G, the anger is borne of grief and a sense of loss, starting with his relationship with Chuck, now extending to his relationship with Kim. Doesn't make J/S/G any better than Walt, of course.

Edited by Bannon
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

A moment that really hit, imo, was when Kim entered the justice building, she watched a young and coming female lawyer desperately trying to get her woeful client to be as presentable as can be managed in an incredibly small amount of time.  

I believe in her heart of hearts, that was peak Kim playing out before her eyes and it was destroying what was left of her inside.  She was more determined than ever to file the damning affidavit and begin the process of redemption. 

One interesting note for me was no mention of her potentially regaining her license in some jurisdiction.  Criminality was somewhat dismissed.   I know I would root for her to get back in the PD game - the very game Jimmy played in the beginning.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

A moment that really hit, imo, was when Kim entered the justice building, she watched a young and coming female lawyer desperately trying to get her woeful client to be as presentable as can be managed in an incredibly small amount of time.  

I believe in her heart of hearts, that was peak Kim playing out before her eyes and it was destroying what was left of her inside.  She was more determined than ever to file the damning affidavit and begin the process of redemption. 

One interesting note for me was no mention of her potentially regaining her license in some jurisdiction.  Criminality was somewhat dismissed.   I know I would root for her to get back in the PD game - the very game Jimmy played in the beginning.

She's submitted an afadavit to a prosecutor, in which she has admitted to feloniously drugging a fellow lawyer, as part of an attempt to corrupt a legal proceeding. She's never practicing law again.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Bannon said:

She's submitted an afadavit to a prosecutor, in which she has admitted to feloniously drugging a fellow lawyer, as part of an attempt to corrupt a legal proceeding. She's never practicing law again.

Agreed. She may not be convicted of anything but she admitted it freely. She's not going to be a lawyer. She probably doesn't want to because that was her path to destruction last time. She has to win at any cost. The only way she can win is not to play the game at all. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Starchild said:

Miracle Whip is #1

Boooo and barf.

I'm a lifelong Hellmans/Best Foods mayo user. I've never heard of Duke's, never noticed it in the stores, but I may look for it and try it for the heck of it. Yep yep yep.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, Bannon said:

While both Walt and Jimmy/Saul/Gene are obviously self'destructive, I think their mechanisms of anger leading to self destructiveness are slightly different. With Walt, it was always the wounded pride; he doesn't even decide to return to NM until he sees Gretchen and Elliot on television, dismissing Walt's contribution to Grey Matter. With J/S/G, the anger is borne of grief and a sense of loss, starting with his relationship with Chuck, now extending to his relationship with Kim. Doesn't make J/S/G any better than Walt, of course.

Yes, the two characters are entirely consistent, though we've met them at different times. With Walt, when we met him, he'd been in almost a coma for years. How the arrogant man he always was got to that stage we don't know, but once he woke up that's what drove him. He didn't have Jimmy's conscience at all, didn't approach what he was doing the same way. His entitlement came from a totally different place.

Btw, the actors were also asked on the Talking Saul show to sum up the last ep. RS couldn't do it at all, but Bob Odenkirk did have an answer. One that applies to Walt in some ways but again, totally different and very Jimmy. Walt ultimately accepted himself for what he was, too. Jimmy is still conflicted, even when he's trying to appear the opposite. Walt confessing that he did it for himself wasn't a horrible moment for him. He didn't have much regret.

Putting it under a spoiler even though it's not a literal spoiler for what happens. Iirc, he summed up the last ep by saying:

Spoiler

Hard won truths. 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, Bannon said:

She's never practicing law again.

Nothing prevents her from becoming a paralegal's paralegal.  Nor is there anything that prevents her from running a legal practice.

I would never bet against Kim when she is supremely motivated.  She had already won over a major foundation.  She could do it again.

As for a license...some very interesting folks manage to regain such.  A redeemed Kim who has made an excellent reputation for herself by serving the dispossessed and downtrodden in some new jurisdiction would most certainly have a chance.  YMMV.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
36 minutes ago, Bannon said:

Could it be argued, within the realm of non-ridiculousness, that the felonious drugging of Howard (presumably admitted to in Kim's afadavit) was an essential element in his being exposed to Lalo's murderous activities?

Is it a bridge too far…..?  NM has case law on how direct it must be, normally, the death must occur during the commission of the felony.  Apparently, , NM makes meeting felony murder requirement is not as easy as some states.  They say the death must have been foreseeable by the defendant. Was it foreseeable that a psycho would show up in your living room and murder Howard for no reason?  Probably not.  Now, if Howard had had a heart attack from the drug, allergic reaction or fell and hit his head…probably yes.  They are foreseeable.   Just my take on it. Hopefully, they had their top notch legal sources give them good advice.  

https://www.abqjournal.com/80969/nm-among-states-limiting-application-of-murder-rule.html

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, scenario said:

Agreed. She may not be convicted of anything but she admitted it freely. She's not going to be a lawyer. She probably doesn't want to because that was her path to destruction last time. She has to win at any cost. The only way she can win is not to play the game at all. 

Now that I think about it, drugging a fellow lawyer, as part of a larger effort to corrupt a legal proceeding that affects a lawsuit that involves activities in several states, really is the essence of a Federal conspiracy charge, it would seem to this non-expert. It kind would be noncredible that a Federal prosecutor wouldn't take a swing at it, given a completely cooperative offender. Saul's camera crew, the fake PI, anybody associated with plan to ruin Howard, would be implicated. I have no idea how the Federal Statute of Limitations applies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

In Fun & Games, when discussing Howard, Mike told Gus "Without a body, they can't close the file"

Is that still true now that Kim submitted her statement to the District Attorney's office? They may not prosecute, and there may not still be a body, but Kim has no reason to lie. Wouldn't there some government finding that Howard didn't die by suicide?

Also, by the time Kim gave her statement, the authorities knew Mike worked for Gus, and that Gus had a superlab in the laundry basement. Might they not look for Howard there using ground penetrating radar? Google says it can work through cement.

I'm not saying they would only search the laundry, but the laundry and Gus's chicken farm would seem likely places to search.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Kim really looked like she was looking at the ghost of lawyers past, seeing this young highly organized woman trying to help a slovenly client, you almost imagine her grabbing the woman by the shoulders and yelling at her to stay the course. 

I was also really struck by the random woman giving Kim's shoulder a supportive squeeze on the bus as she sobbed, its always nice to be reminded that there are perfectly nice normal folks in the BB universe, it lets you get out of the morally murky world the protagonists live in and give us some perspective. It might have made Kim feel even worse, she probably feels like she doesn't deserve the compassion of a random stranger after what she has done. 

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Nothing prevents her from becoming a paralegal's paralegal.  Nor is there anything that prevents her from running a legal practice.

I would never bet against Kim when she is supremely motivated.  She had already won over a major foundation.  She could do it again.

As for a license...some very interesting folks manage to regain such.  A redeemed Kim who has made an excellent reputation for herself by serving the dispossessed and downtrodden in some new jurisdiction would most certainly have a chance.  YMMV.

You don't think Cheryl is coming for her pound of flesh,if she learns that Kim is trying to become a lawyer again. or that Cheryl lacks the resources to get her pound of flesh?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Constantinople said:

In Fun & Games, when discussing Howard, Mike told Gus "Without a body, they can't close the file"

Is that still true now that Kim submitted her statement to the District Attorney's office? They may not prosecute, and there may not still be a body, but Kim has no reason to lie. Wouldn't there some government finding that Howard didn't die by suicide?

Also, by the time Kim gave her statement, the authorities knew Mike worked for Gus, and that Gus had a superlab in the laundry basement. Might they not look for Howard there using ground penetrating radar? Google says it can work through cement.

I'm not saying they would only search the laundry, but the laundry and Gus's chicken farm would seem likely places to search.

I do find it unlikely that the slab of concrete that was the floor of the superlab would not be closely examined eventually. The feds are still breaking up concrete, after almost 5 decades, to find the corpse of Jimmy Hoffa, for goodness sakes.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Bannon said:
19 minutes ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

You don't think Cheryl is coming for her pound of flesh,if she learns that Kim is trying to become a lawyer again. or that Cheryl lacks the resources to get her pound of flesh?

I don't think Kim has a pound of flesh to give. She's living very modestly.  I suppose that Cheryl could get some percentage of her future earnings in perpetuity 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, peeayebee said:

Boooo and barf.

I'm a lifelong Hellmans/Best Foods mayo user. I've never heard of Duke's, never noticed it in the stores, but I may look for it and try it for the heck of it. Yep yep yep.

This site needs a SMH reaction lol

• LOL 8
1 minute ago, bad things are bad said:

I don't think Kim has a pound of flesh to give. She's living very modestly.  I suppose that Cheryl could get some percentage of her future earnings in perpetuity 

Cheryl could pursue action  in civil court, or.whatever pertinent bar association applies, to prevent Kim from having anything to do with legal proceedings again, eccept as a defendant or plaintiff.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

The last time she did something because it was 'fun', Howard died.
She must avoid 'fun' at all costs. Bad things happen to people when she has fun. At least in her head.

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Razzberry said:

I wonder if Kim would have confessed if she thought there was a good chance of legal consequences?  Was her confession motivated primarily by a desire to clear her own conscience without too much risk involved? 

That’s what I thought. If Kim really wanted to bring justice to Howard and clear his name, she would have said something soon after it happened and faced whatever consequences may have come her way. Yes, they would have had a target from the cartel and Mike/Fring, so that’s a dangerous proposition. And while she may not face criminal charges, she’d probably be maligned in the legal community once people found out what she did to Howard (with Jimmy). But his name would have been cleared and it would have been timely enough where people would have cared.

To me, her going to Cheryl and telling the police is unburdening herself. And that’s fine if that’s what she wants to do, but it’s not justice. No one told her to go to Florida and live a vanilla life, but that’s her version of punishment. But it’s punishment on her own terms.

For me it’s too little, too late as Howard’s wife said. She can pick up the pieces on the rest of her life, but I wouldn’t call her brave.

Edited by Sharper2002
  • Love 10

Question, is this occurring 6 years after Howard's death, or what is the timeline? If it is 6 years later, I'm wondering what's the triggering event for Kim, as her life, albeit dull, seemed right on track. Was it Jimmy's pphone call?

• Love 1
Just now, Colorado David said:

Question, is this occurring 6 years after Howard's death, or what is the timeline? If it is 6 years later, I'm wondering what's the triggering event for Kim, as her life, albeit dull, seemed right on track. Was it Jimmy's pphone call?

Yes, it's 6 years later and it was Jimmy's phone call that made her to it. She told him to turn himself in. He suggested she do it instead. He laid it out for her: go confess, everyone is dead except me and they can't hang me twice. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

We always had both Miracle Whip and Mayonnaise in the house.  Miracle  Whip is sweeter and has more spices, making it better for certain things -- like tuna fish salad. Kim has probably discovered that now, but I expect she would be hesitant to come right out and declare for it.

In my circles, Miracle Whip has always been so considered low rent, akin to choosing American “cheese” over real cheese. The sugar ruins it.  But YMMV.

4 hours ago, Colorado David said:

I'm afraid I need to disagree, I do not want sweet tuna fish salad.  As I do not want catsup on my hotdog. One has to take a stand on the important things.   😝

Amen, my friend. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Soobs said:

Her hair and makeup (Howard's wife) hardened and became a sort of cartoonish from when we first met her. His death had visibly changed her. 

I didn't see Cheryl like that... I'm not saying she wasn't effected by Howards death, however to me she was always just a hardened person and the marriage was all but over, she showed all of this in the kitchen scene with Howard. As far as her looks, they just wanted to make her look 6 years older, added some wrinkles and shortened her hair, I personally didn't see her as "cartoonish" in the least.  I am surprised that she lives in the same house, I doubt that she actually would have been. 

1 hour ago, Soobs said:

IMG_0719.jpg

Now this Tweet I agree with! LOL

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Cinnabon said:

In my circles, miracle whip has always been so considered low rent. The sugar ruins it.  But YMMV.

I couldn't help myself.  I just ordered a jar of Duke's mayonnaise on Amazon.  I'm in NYC and I don't think I could find it here.  We buy Hellman's.

• Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, scenario said:

I think that Kim her whole life has had intellectual support but no emotional support. Jimmy gave her emotional support which she desperately needed but he also activated the demon inside her. She wanted to please him and he wanted to please her and the way both of them did it was scamming.

But the scams had to be bigger and bigger to be meaningful to her and eventually it went too far. 

In Florida, she has no intellectual stimulation or support at all. But she has a lot of emotional support, actual friends, and a sense of belonging she never had before. She's found an emotionally safe place and she's terrified to let the old Kim out again because that road leads to disaster for her. 

The women there also seem similar to her mother but without the evil streak. 

I don’t think those woman can be considered actual friends. They have no idea who Kim is. And they wouldn’t understand her if she showed them. I know, I’ve worked with similar people and they will just never get me, and I’ll always have contempt for them. It is what it is. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Yes, it's 6 years later and it was Jimmy's phone call that made her to it. She told him to turn himself in. He suggested she do it instead. He laid it out for her: go confess, everyone is dead except me and they can't hang me twice. 

i can't imagine going back 6 years in my life and feeling the guilt there. i would have been eaten up alive if i felt guilty 6 years, but maybe i'm not made of sterner character.

• Love 7

I get kind of surprised by the negative reactions to Cheryl, based on the little we've seen of her. She didn't want to be married to Howard any longer ( based on Howard's potential for being an A-hole, not a terribly shocking or irrational turn of events), but that doesn't mean she had no regard for him any longer. or that his death hasn't been terribly traumatic for her. Marriages can be incredibly complicated.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Except that no attorney would ever hire her...with all the crimes she committed much less drugging a fellow attorney, no way  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Blakeston said:

Her life was absolutely in danger when she conspired to cover up that murder, though. I’m sure that would be a mitigating factor. 

21 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I couldn't help myself.  I just ordered a jar of Duke's mayonnaise on Amazon.  I'm in NYC and I don't think I could find it here.  We buy Hellman's.

My head tells me I should take this to Small Talk, but my heart feels it relates to the episode.  I think Duke's is a southern thing.  I don't remember ever seeing it until I moved one state farther south.  But now I tend to favor it over all the others.  I'll occasionally buy a store brand or a Hellman's if they're on sale, but I feel like a traitor.  And I have never done a taste test and I'm pretty sure I can't tell a difference.  But Miracle Whip has never crossed my refrigerator threshold.

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t think those woman can be considered actual friends. They have no idea who Kim is. And they wouldn’t understand her if she showed them. I know, I’ve worked with similar people and they will just never get me, and I’ll always have contempt for them. It is what it is. 

Besides Jimmy, they've only seen one person that could be considered friends. They're around. The accept the new Kim. She has people around her she can talk to. She feels comfortable. She's really never had anything like that before. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, scenario said:

Besides Jimmy, they've only seen one person that could be considered friends. They're around. The accept the new Kim. She has people around her she can talk to. She feels comfortable. She's really never had anything like that before. 

I think she’s just numb and going through the motions. But she’s not connecting authentically with anyone there.

• Like 4
  • Love 6

Did Kim actually implicate Jimmy in HER confession? I'm sure he was implied but I wonder if she specifically mention Jimmy McGill/Saul by name and threw him under the bus? Maybe I missed it last night...doing a rewatch this evening 

Edited by SimplexFish
  • Love 2

Mira

40 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

In my circles, Miracle Whip has always been so considered low rent, akin to choosing American “cheese” over real cheese. The sugar ruins it.  But YMMV.

Miracle Whip has only 1 gram of added sugar.  It's sweeter than Mayo but the one gram doesn't turn your tuna salad sweet it just snaps at the natural bitterness the way a half teaspoon of sugar can take the bitter aftertaste out of your spaghetti sauce.

I've never bought it myself, I buy Hellman's Mayo,  but my mother had it around as  well as Mayo and I think, among other things,  she liked the fact that it was lower in calories.  

As for "low rent."  My brothers are both food snobs who have conversations like  the ones Frazier and Niles had. To me they're just as boring as any the Florida Sprinkler gang might have.  If the brothers are coming to visit I like to buy something like Twinkies just to start them up.

• LOL 9
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Mira

Miracle Whip has only 1 gram of added sugar.  It's sweeter than Mayo but the one gram doesn't turn your tuna salad sweet it just snaps at the natural bitterness the way a half teaspoon of sugar can take the bitter aftertaste out of your spaghetti sauce.

I've never bought it myself, I buy Hellman's Mayo,  but my mother had it around as  well as Mayo and I think, among other things,  she liked the fact that it was lower in calories.  

As for "low rent."  My brothers are both food snobs who have conversations like  the ones Frazier and Niles had. To me they're just as boring as any the Florida Sprinkler gang might have.  If the brothers are coming to visit I like to buy something like Twinkies just to start them up.

There are plenty of low rent foods that I do enjoy (but feel guilty about),  lol. But I do adore Frasier and Niles! 🙂 You got me.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1