Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: The Wedding

• Start Topic

All hands up for Guillermo, who had the most perfect meltdown right before the opening credits.  As an ex-MoH, x 2, I can soooooo relate.

Nandor’s ceremony belongs in the pantheon of TV’s great weddings.  And the cherry on top? BabyColin carrying NadjaDoll down the aisle.

• Applause 3
  • Love 9

Glad they restored Doug Jones to his former beauty.  That was probably the best possible use of a wish.

The Djinn's gift was sweet. It seems like he wants to stay around.  Interesting that he didn't return to the lamp when all the wishes were gone. 

Will a different djinn come out of the teeny lamp, or is he giving the gift of himself?

I wonder if there is any chance that Nandor will use one of the 3 wishes to fix up the house.

If the dead can be brought back to life, can a vampiric state be reversed, or would the person just wind up dead? (Thinking of Derek, who doesn't seem very happy.  Although maybe The Guide will fall for him.)

I'm waiting for someone to attempt a final tally of all of Nandor's wishes.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 5

Anoop Desai seems to be having a grand old time with this role. I thought at the beginning he said there were 57 wishes, but I don't keep the episodes to go back and check. We did get to see some of the ways Nandor wasted them though.

Will a different djinn come out of the teeny lamp, or is he giving the gift of himself?

Maybe it will be a teeny-tiny djinn.

Loved Marwa's wedding outfit. Funniest way I've seen anyone run with the whole "Is there anyone who objects to this wedding?" lead in. An hour later..."No, for the last time we will not be comping parking." The Guide falling in love with both Nandor and Marwa, but not being particularly attached. Also liked that Marwa's mother wondering why they were having a wedding when they were technically still married. 

So many good bits. I hope we see more of the The Sire being philosophical and speaking English. Now that the Baron is restored I wonder if he will move into the house. Who knew Sean understood weed and CBD are the same thing? And that song! I think that was cruder than GoT or TWD.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Also liked that Marwa's mother wondering why they were having a wedding when they were technically still married. 

At first I thought that too, but then I realized that once she died, they were no longer married.

Now there will be two funerals after brunch, unless Marwa's parents simply disappear. Or Guillermo simply buries the bodies under the front lawn.

• LOL 3
9 hours ago, Cramps said:

Any episode that includes Nadja singing and an appearance by the Nadja doll is a special treat! 

I was in hysterics with that first song! 

I liked the band that played during the dinner reception. It might be a vampire wedding but boring dinner music still plays. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • LOL 2

At first I thought that too, but then I realized that once she died, they were no longer married.

Oh - I see the technicality now. Still . . . oh well, the whole thing is absurd anyway. 

I think Nandor's wedding outfit is the same that he's wearing in his portrait in the opening credits. But his headdress looks like Glinda the Good's. 

My favorite part was the Baron's makeover montage. It was really weird seeing him restored to "normal" because he didn't even look like that before Guillermo burned him. I guess maybe vampires do age? Only very slowly? He was more Nosferatu-like back in Season 1.

Also loved when Nadja and the Guide were talking to the Baron's charred, one-armed half body on the sofa, you could see the Sire in the background - reading a newspaper! LOL.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 11

Poor Derek, turns out Guillermo had his number all along and he didn't try to stay in touch! Nandor is really a shitty guy, he doesn't care for Marwa at all and constantly uses wishes to change her.  I hope one of his wishes will be to revert her back to her original form.  I can't even imagine what he wasted his wishes on - who would even think to ride a bumblebee?!

I laughed when the Guide said that she was in love with Nandor, but it went away when she got to know him. 

I was not expecting for the Baron to look human again!  Lazslo and Nadja were so thirsty for him!  He even taught the Sire English!

The vulgar song shocked me!  I was not expecting it.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, peridot said:

I was not expecting for the Baron to look human again!  Lazslo and Nadja were so thirsty for him!  He even taught the Sire English!

Who wouldn't be thirsty for the renewed version of the Baron?  I did laugh when Nadja and the Guide agreed that the burnt-out shell of the Baron was still fuckable.  Given the way he taught the Sire English, he must be a master cunning linguist.

• Wink 1
  • LOL 15
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, peridot said:

Poor Derek, turns out Guillermo had his number all along and he didn't try to stay in touch! Nandor is really a shitty guy, he doesn't care for Marwa at all and constantly uses wishes to change her.  I hope one of his wishes will be to revert her back to her original form.  I can't even imagine what he wasted his wishes on - who would even think to ride a bumblebee?!

I laughed when the Guide said that she was in love with Nandor, but it went away when she got to know him. 

The vulgar song shocked me!  I was not expecting it.

But it was so funny. Honestly, not much shocks  me on here anymore. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

But it was so funny. Honestly, not much shocks  me on here anymore. 

I do love how Nadja and Lazlo gave Nandor the benefit of the doubt that he would actually please Marwa on their wedding night. Because, let's be honest here, nothing we have seen from Nandor in 4 seasons has given me any indication that he is a thoughtful or competent lover.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Poor Derek, turns out Guillermo had his number all along and he didn't try to stay in touch!

Maybe not - Guillermo might have meant he would call him at the store now that he knows where he works. But since he didn't answer we'll never know. 

It seems like Guillermo could ask Derek to make him a vampire, or any number of other vampires he knows. I'm not sure if he's determined that Nandor be his sire or if he has lost interest in being a vampire.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 5

Nandor's wedding had everything!  Roasted Dodo Bird!  A newly restored Baron that allowed Doug Jones to be seen in all of his glory (although still with an eccentric get-up, make-up, and wig!)  A now English speaking Sire!  An hour long "I object!" ceremony that mainly ended with characters just complaining about whatever issue they are having.  Sean and Charlene as the only humans who were made to be indifferent to all the craziness (loved Sean chumming it up with the wraiths)!  Young Colin and Doll Nadja as the ring-bearers!  A hilariously vulgar song from Lazlo and Nadja!  A returning Derek and him bonding with the Guide over their abandonment issues.  Best wedding ever!

Looks like Nandor finally blew through all of his wishes, but I guess the Djinn has a little soft spot for him because as a wedding gift, he gave him a small lamp that will give him three wishes.  Knowing Nandor, he'll still squander at least one of them, but I'd like to think he will at least use one of them wisely.  Maybe.  Hopefully....

Judging from Marwa's friendly reaction to Guillermo, I guess this means Nandor really does like him!

Nothing much else to add, really.  Great episode!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Vermicious Knid said:

Anoop Desai seems to be having a grand old time with this role.

I didn't realize Anoop had gotten into acting. I remember seeing him outside a Mexican restaurant in Chapel Hill after American Idol...absolutely surrounded by women. He's a cutie. I really like his character. 

The restored Baron! The Hellhound and the Sire! I want them to have their own spinoff. The makeover montage was perfection. 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

I didn't realize Anoop had gotten into acting. I remember seeing him outside a Mexican restaurant in Chapel Hill after American Idol...absolutely surrounded by women. He's a cutie. I really like his character. 

The restored Baron! The Hellhound and the Sire! I want them to have their own spinoff. The makeover montage was perfection. 

That is where I know that name! American Idol! He is a cutie and quite funny. I'm glad he landed on this show. 

The montage was really funny. 

I watched it on Hulu in a browser, and for some reason I don't get ads, even though I don't have the ad-free version (I'm not complaining).  But where one of the ad breaks would have been, I got a promo for the flipping-brothers show (Go Flip Yourself, was it?)  Was that on the live airing?  I'm pretty sure the Sklar brothers were in the credits.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

I watched it on Hulu in a browser, and for some reason I don't get ads, even though I don't have the ad-free version (I'm not complaining).  But where one of the ad breaks would have been, I got a promo for the flipping-brothers show (Go Flip Yourself, was it?)  Was that on the live airing?  I'm pretty sure the Sklar brothers were in the credits.

It was in thei airing.  I'm waiting to see if they show up to fix the house. Checkovs gun and all that.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

who would even think to ride a bumblebee?!

And did he waste two wishes, one to ride the bee and one to be restored to normal after?

The makeover montage was absolutely hilarious. I'll just crib from AV Club:

• All the looks from the Hall & Oates-scored fashion montage: classic Dracula, classic Vincent Adultman, sailor suit (complete with lolly), Scarlett O’Hara dress, old-timey bike duo, Nadja/Guide prom photo, Nadja/Guide cowboys, and, of course, Nadja/Guide in full Cyndi Lauper ’80s mode. Super fun!
  • How do you check if a chocolate fountain also works with blood?
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
23 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Also loved when Nadja and the Guide were talking to the Baron's charred, one-armed half body on the sofa, you could see the Sire in the background - reading a newspaper! LOL.  

Those flashcards really worked wonders! 

There were so many great moments, its hard to choose between the giant line of people objecting to the wedding and the makeover montage. I am happy that they made the Baron look like he used to again, I get it now! No wonder Lazlo was so quick to run for the closet. 

I guess we now have confirmation about how Nandor really feels about Guillermo considering how Marwa was all over him at the reception. What Nandor likes Marwa like...

• Love 4

I am happy that they made the Baron look like he used to again, I get it now! 

I need to go back and re-watch to hear what the specific wish was because he doesn't look like he used to before he got fried by the sun back in Season 1. I'm assuming he looks like he used to when he was alive. I still don't get how that works. If he looks like he did when he first became a vampire then he aged, or deteriorated, or something, over the years, and I didn't think that happened.

Knowing Nandor, he'll still squander at least one of them, but I'd like to think he will at least use one of them wisely.  Maybe.  Hopefully....

I have a feeling Marwa is going to go bye-bye, one way or another. I don't see them making her a long-term character, it really limits what they can do with Nandor, and he doesn't seem all that thrilled with her. I think Nadja was right, this was really more about Nandor wanting a big wedding than wanting to have a wife.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I have a feeling Marwa is going to go bye-bye, one way or another. I don't see them making her a long-term character, it really limits what they can do with Nandor, and he doesn't seem all that thrilled with her. I think Nadja was right, this was really more about Nandor wanting a big wedding than wanting to have a wife.

Or wanting to convince himself he has someone he wants to spend eternity with. That isn't Guillermo.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 8/10/2022 at 3:56 PM, iMonrey said:

It seems like Guillermo could ask Derek to make him a vampire, or any number of other vampires he knows. I'm not sure if he's determined that Nandor be his sire or if he has lost interest in being a vampire.

Could be a matter of trust. He has to be sure that he would be turned into a vampire, and not just killed.

• Love 3
On 8/9/2022 at 11:19 PM, ItCouldBeWorse said:

Glad they restored Doug Jones to his former beauty.  That was probably the best possible use of a wish.

If for no other reason than Doug Jones has earned a light day in the makeup chair. This poor man has probably had the earliest call time in every show and movie he's done over the years.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
8 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I got my wish - the return of The Baron, The Sire and demon dog! Were they actually eating the Dodo at the reception????

I think the dodo was just for the wraiths(? was it?)  So just for the servants. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SoMuchTV said:

I think the dodo was just for the wraiths(? was it?)  So just for the servants. 

It was for the wraith, but Sean and Charmaine were shown getting some.  I assume they ate the dodo not knowing what it was.  I wonder if it tastes like chicken?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

The dodo was a great effect.  And of course the sire.  They have some really talented practical effects artists on this show.  And the costumes were all wonderful.  The leopard dress Charmaine was wearing was as perfect for her as the elegant gold wedding dress of Marwa's was for her.  And of course the epic red coat on the restored Baron and the touch of a red ribbon in his hair.

I hope that Marwa doesn't get dispatched or turned to dust after this.  She should be free to have a 21st century life.  She didn't even get the flowers she wanted.  The red and black floral arrangements were a special kind of ugly.

Always a delight to see Doug Jones in any form, especially his own.

You know you blew a lot of wishes when the djinn gives you three back out of pity.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

I wonder if they got the idea for Nandor's remodeled face while filming in Toronto. Anyone who lives in Toronto or especially Mississauga will recognize the look from billboards of a local realtor 😆

• LOL 1

Very late to this, but had to say that I thought this episode was fantastic.

Loved seeing The Baron again, and the shopping montage with him, Nadja, The Siren, and The Guide was amazing. The costume department keeps hitting it out of the park. Loved the Prom Photo pose Nadja and The Guide did.

Speaking of The Baron, I knew that his restored self would just be Doug Jones out of (most of) his makeup, I was so happy to see him like that. Definitely the best wish Nandor made.

And I also knew that Nandor wanting Marwa to like whatever he liked included Guillermo, and was so happy when she was so affectionate to Gizmo at the end there.

On 8/10/2022 at 3:46 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

I do love how Nadja and Lazlo gave Nandor the benefit of the doubt that he would actually please Marwa on their wedding night. Because, let's be honest here, nothing we have seen from Nandor in 4 seasons has given me any indication that he is a thoughtful or competent lover.  

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Nadja's song implying Nandor would come first on their wedding night? Meaning he'd still be terrible.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:27 AM, MisterGlass said:

You know you blew a lot of wishes when the djinn gives you three back out of pity.

One of those wishes will be used to give Marwa her agency back, calling it.

On 8/9/2022 at 11:11 PM, voiceover said:

All hands up for Guillermo, who had the most perfect meltdown right before the opening credits.  As an ex-MoH, x 2, I can soooooo relate.

Nandor’s ceremony belongs in the pantheon of TV’s great weddings.  And the cherry on top? BabyColin carrying NadjaDoll down the aisle.

All of this.

"Guillermo, did you kick the wall five times and then fuck a chicken?" was line of the night for me.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:20 PM, possibilities said:

I like Derek. I'd like to see more of him.

Loved seeing him dancing with The Guide. Also loved that we got confirmation that she instantly falls in love with everyone she meets, Derek is just gonna be her latest crush.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

You know, I didn’t get the bit with Marwa being friendly with Guillermo and what that entailed in regard to Nandor’s wish until I read a comment on AV Club. Anyone else thinking “threesome before finale”? Nah, it wouldn’t be that base. It’s not like Lazlo writes these episodes.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:27 AM, MisterGlass said:

I hope that Marwa doesn't get dispatched or turned to dust after this.  She should be free to have a 21st century life. 

I’m willing to bet that one other potential bride survived getting hit by the truck, and Nandor was too stupid to “gold coin” her away.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:56 PM, iMonrey said:

Guillermo might have meant he would call him at the store now that he knows where he works. But since he didn't answer we'll never know. 

Guillermo said he would TEXT the wedding info to Derek, not call him. Which means he's had his cell number all this time, hence Derek's reaction. I feel so bad for Derek - to be turned against his will and then just thrown out into the world with no guidance. At least Nadja eventually took pity on Jenna and taught her a few things before sending her off on her own. I hope the Guide takes Derek under her wing and he flourishes as a vampire. 

The brief glimpse we got of Baby Colin Robinson and the Nadja Doll walking down the aisle together and then drawing a dick on Guillermo's face was adorable. They are perfect partners in crime and I want to see more of them together.

I agree with Nadja's assessment that the wedding was more about Nandor wanting a big production and wanting to wear a big dress rather than wanting to be married to Marwa. And it's obvious that Marwa is aware of this on some level. I hope that when Nandor inevitable dumps Marwa, she is given a chance to explore her second lease on life and finds happiness with someone (the Djinn perhaps?).

It's sweet that Nandor insisted that Sean and Charmaine be invited to his wedding and he didn't care how it happened. And I like that, even though he was yet again under hypnosis, Sean said he's okay with vampires. And of course Charmaine would complain that Marwa hasn't gone over to her house.

I'm surprised they got away with saying "tight pussy" on TV. 

• Love 5

I'm watching this late- I'm really enjoying this season but I miss Colin Robinson. Kind of over it with the kid version.

But other than that this has been a great season. I was really surprised they actually got married.