Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Everything Whale Be Okay

• Start Topic

Funny that last week I voted Miguel & Krysten most disappointed with their lack of physical intimacy with their spouses & this week they both said something cringey about it. 🤪🤣 Krysten told her husband she's comfortable progressing "physically & sexually" & wants "sex from him," Miguel & that "releasing" massage. 🤮🤮 So gross. I can't. I wish she said that stuff better or not at all. I wish Miguel wasn't on at all. Who woulda thunk Justin & Nate would've been the tame ones this episode? 😅🤣

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I am having issues with Alexis.  I think she absolutely loves how much Justin is  "in love" with and into her while also very reasonably not feeling on the same page.  I don't think anyone can love Alexis as much as she loves herself.  She doesn't feel quite real to me in their scenes together.  And that whole conversation with Stacia where she immediately started talking about her own dad, and then apologizing for saying she knew her dad, was unnecessarily awkward. Something is not right with that one and I fear she will break Justin's heart.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

Lindy is already oozing desperation and Miguel is just not having it.  She is a walking mess of free-floating anxiety, and people like that are exhausting.

This.

All that said, there's something about the way Miguel is capable of going all cold-eyed at the drop of a hat that is extremely disconcerting.

And definitely this! Usually I like Miguel, but then sometimes I think that man is as hard and cold as a freeze-dried popsicle. Can't figure him out. Maybe it's just that he shuts down instead of expressing doubt or other negative thoughts?

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I cannot believe she went horseback riding braless!

I had a good laugh when Alexis and her plunging neckline climbed aboard that horse. Riding is definitely a sports-bra situation. If they'd galloped, she'd've given herself a pair of black eyes. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Lindz said:

I'm shocked Stacia's changing her last name & even more shocked she said she won't change it back. Uh. What about remarrying? Why be tied to your previous husband like that? Especially if they don't have kids. It's strange. How do you explain that to men you date after? Maybe don't change your name until after the reunion or after the 1st year. 🥴😅

If she doesn't want her father's last name, why not take her mother's "maiden" name? Instead she wants a stranger husband's surname for keeps, even if they divorce? Sheesh.

Or make up your own name. Stacia Fashionista.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2022 at 10:08 PM, Elizzikra said:

Deonna. And hey - it worked out great for them!

True! One of the better MAFS couples. Though they'll always be Deonna No-Compliments and Double-Oven Gregg to me.

I still smile when I think of Deonna's awe over Gregg's house. It was like Elizabeth seeing Pemberly for the first time. 😍

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, kikicat said:

If she doesn't want her father's last name, why not take her mother's "maiden" name?

My ex did this. He did know his dad but he wasn’t a good guy so he took his mom’s maiden name (or his grandparents’ surname, however you want to look at it - he was very close to them) when he was in his 20s. I think he changed it after his dad had passed, or maybe after his dad was no longer in his life. Stacia is clearly close to her mom so I’d think that’s a better choice than Nate’s, who she barely knows. 

4 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Greg and Deonna definitely had sex prior to Decision Day. So did Erik and Virginia. I don't think Katina and Olajuwon did though.

You’re right, K&O didn’t. I forgot about them altogether.

• Love 1

Finally caught up.  Not loving any of these men.  I did think Lindy and Miguel were a cute couple, but he is starting to make me uncomfortable.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  He has moments of coldness that make me think he may become controlling.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but if I had date one of the five, I actually think I'd pick Mitch at this point.  We wouldn't last long, but to me, he's a better choice than Justin or Nate hands down.  

Funny side comment....my preteen son thought Mitch's mom was hot.  She did look lovely at the wedding.  I guess he has a thing for older women. 🤣

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Rizzo0904 said:

I can't believe I'm typing this, but if I had date one of the five, I actually think I'd pick Mitch at this point.  We wouldn't last long, but to me, he's a better choice than Justin or Nate hands down.  

I'd pick MItch, too.  

• Love 1
10 hours ago, kikicat said:

I had a good laugh when Alexis and her plunging neckline climbed aboard that horse. Riding is definitely a sports-bra situation. If they'd galloped, she'd've given herself a pair of black eyes. 

Must see TV

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Lindz said:

I can't believe Krysten actually said, "If I don't get sex from you...by Decision Day." 😳🤮 I mean DAMN!!! & SO CRINGE!!! An ultimatum on the THIRD DAY?!!! At least wait until the sex talk with PC! Imagine a husband saying that!

If a husband said it, he would be accused of sexual coercion.  Then, when Mitch apparently tried something that night, she turned him down. 

20 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

Agree - anyone remember Danielle and Cody? They chose to stay together even though there was no sex in the entire experiment and she seemed ambivalent. She kept trying to "get there". They got divorced. Other than Jamie and Doug - are there any couples that stayed married on DD without having already had sex?

Didn't Jamie say she was "taking care of him" the entire time?  So it's not like nothing was happening.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

Only ONE "celibate" chat the whole episode to catch up the last couple. I think we might be approaching the end of hearing about that! WOO! 🤪🤣

Edited by Lindz
  • LOL 1

I disagree with Miguel & Lindy about arguments. I wouldn't use that word & not because it's "triggering" or I'm scared of it. I don't argue. I don't want to argue. I want productive conversations and discussions. Arguments have a negative connotation. Do they resolve issues? Idk. Conflict is similar, but less negative. Idk if I use it. I say we have disagreements and misunderstandings. No biggie. They happen. Everyone's different. It's good they're aware everything won't always agree. Good first step. What matters more is preparing & discussing how they will handle it.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lindz said:

I disagree with Miguel & Lindy about arguments. I wouldn't use that word & not because it's "triggering" or I'm scared of it. I don't argue. I don't want to argue. I want productive conversations and discussions.

It makes me think Lindy just likes being around drama, which is usually the opposite of what a guy wants.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I have zero problem with her laying it out like that after he told her that he wasn't attracted to her. If his policy is total honesty, she can do it too.

I agree and was just about to write the same thing!

Buckle up cowboy!

I can't imagine him not being turned on by her sexy self if nothing else!  That girl can rock a bikini!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

Then, when Mitch apparently tried something that night, she turned him down. 

I don’t think she did. She said the next day that Mitch was a “good kisser” and they’d had a good time but that it was confusing to have that happen shortly after he’d told her he wasn’t attracted to her (and the producers clearly called him on it because he was talking about it in an on the fly talking head). They didn’t have sex but something physical happened.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
21 hours ago, Lindz said:

WHY isn't Mitch attracted to Krysten??? I disagree with her rejecting that & saying his actions say otherwise. Why would a guy lie about that? He might like her personality & their conversations & stuff, but that doesn't mean he likes her more than that. Idk. I don't get it. Then he was down to do it. Ew. Good on her for stopping it. Is he seriously using alcohol as an excuse or a what? I'm uncomfortable watching them. I don't like the way she words her demands. I don't like him dumping his "lack of attraction" in her lap like that. There was a better way to discuss that & it's like that's all he focused on leading up to it instead of thinking of how to build attraction & give it a chance.

Maybe he's a guy that isn't that much into sex?

There are women and men that are pretty sexless and happy!

Could be why he was still available for the show!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Anyone else surprised that so much from the previews has already happened or will happen on the honeymoon? I hoped it would be later in the season. Justin saying he loved & is in love with Alexis. Binh saying Morgan wants to... Mitch & Krysten's cringey talks. Idk whether to think it'll get better or worse. 😅

Mitch and Krysten.  Could it be Kristen never had a chance after Mitch saw her mother walking down the aisle and thought she was the bride?

Love at first sight?  We hear about it and know some carry that with them for a long time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
On 8/3/2022 at 8:11 PM, Crashcourse said:

So is Nate saying his bankruptcy was cleared in six months?  I don't think so.

On 8/3/2022 at 8:14 PM, Retired at last said:

Does a bankruptcy still stay on your credit report for 7 years? I can't believe that info didn't keep him off the show.

As an attorney representing mortgage servicers and banks, I have quite a bit of exposure, albeit mostly indirect, to  bankruptcy law  - so here's a quick run down of how bankruptcy affects your credit score. 

A "chapter 7" bankruptcy, where most debts are discharged (wiped out), remains on credit reports for 10 yrs from the date its filed, and a "chapter 13" bankruptcy (debtor pays debts back in whole or in part over 3-5 yrs usually, pursuant to a structured payment schedule) remains on your credit report for 7 years.  The underlying debts, however, only stay on you credit report for 7 yrs,  regardless of what type bankruptcy you file.

Interestingly, and this is what I think Nate was referencing, once you receive a discharge ( usually 3-6 months after filing), you can actually get back up to a relatively decent credit score within about 6 months.  Because your debt has been wiped out and because you're precluded from receiving another discharge for 8 years, you've become less of a credit risk, and most people can start obtaining financing etc again by the 6 month post-discharge mark. 

Edited by SabineElisabeth
  • Like 2
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Mitch and Krysten.  Could it be Kristen never had a chance after Mitch saw her mother walking down the aisle and thought she was the bride?

Love at first sight?  We hear about it and know some carry that with them for a long time.

YES !!!!  He flipped over her, then came Krysten.  Maybe after the divorce he’ll look her up.  My hubs and I had love at first sight.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Maybe he's a guy that isn't that much into sex?

There are women and men that are pretty sexless and happy!

Could be why he was still available for the show!

Bet he would love to have sex with her Mother.  

• Wink 1
  • LOL 1
6 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I don’t think she did. She said the next day that Mitch was a “good kisser” and they’d had a good time but that it was confusing to have that happen shortly after he’d told her he wasn’t attracted to her (and the producers clearly called him on it because he was talking about it in an on the fly talking head). They didn’t have sex but something physical happened.

Something about her I can’t explain.  She nips things in the bud too quickly.  It makes one uncomfortable.  Sometimes better to leave things unsaid for awhile and see what transpires.  She put Mitch on the spot too quickly.

• Love 1

Ok, I got it. I know Mitch shouldn’t have said he wasn’t attracted to Krysten right away, but I think Krysten comes on too strong, too soon about what she expects of him.  Too soon out of the gate, especially about sex.  Too much talk, too soon from both of them. 

Edited by kristen111
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 8/4/2022 at 4:37 PM, Crashcourse said:

Yes, I like the fact that they both laid out their feelings, yet there doesn't seem to be any animosity between them.  So far, they're my favorite "couple." She's handling him not being attracted to her quite well.  No histrionics.  He's acknowledged his hangups and shortcomings, and I think he knows he's no prize.   I just hope going forward they can just enjoy the ride and be nice to each other until decision day.

18 hours ago, Rizzo0904 said:

Finally caught up.  Not loving any of these men.  I did think Lindy and Miguel were a cute couple, but he is starting to make me uncomfortable.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  He has moments of coldness that make me think he may become controlling.

Funny side comment....my preteen son thought Mitch's mom was hot.  She did look lovely at the wedding.  I guess he has a thing for older women. 🤣

14 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

I'd pick MItch, too.  

I think Mitch has a leg up from previous assholes because he sorta of knows that he is an asshole.  He and Krysten handled their awkward conversation rather maturely.

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I agree and was just about to write the same thing!

Buckle up cowboy!

I can't imagine him not being turned on by her sexy self if nothing else!  That girl can rock a bikini!

She looked amazing in that bikini top.

12 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Bet he would love to have sex with her Mother.  

Lord, forget about D-day. I just hope we don't hear about Mitch running off with Krysten's mother. That would be a new low for this show.

Alexis looked very nice in braids. I like Justin but he is coming on too strong and I'm afraid he is going to get hurt.

Now, because of this board, I have "celibant boner" in my vocabulary. 

• LOL 8
On 8/4/2022 at 3:56 PM, Lindz said:

I can't believe Krysten actually said, "If I don't get sex from you...by Decision Day." 😳🤮 I mean DAMN!!! & SO CRINGE!!! An ultimatum on the THIRD DAY?!!! At least wait until the sex talk with PC! Imagine a husband saying that! Oh wait. Michael & Gil did give similar ultimatums. It's unnecessary & uncalled for! Especially to say it LIKE THAT!! Can these people get some TACT?!!! & WAIT until a few weeks in, AT LEAST, to express hopes & needs in that department. 🥴🤨

You are so right.  Geeze, just what every man wants .. PRESSURE.

• Like 1
On 8/3/2022 at 8:33 PM, Crashcourse said:

Will Lindy ever shut up?

My God, she is cute physically but out of all of these MAFers this season, I couldn't last 10 minutes with her at a dinner table. I'd rather talk to Mitch, just because I wouldn't feel guilty about making fun of him immediately after.

And Alexis isn't wrong about Justin being way too much. However, that crazy scream laugh she has makes me think she is the stranger of the two.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Love 8

Does anyone think it is bizarre that Lindy claims to be so sheltered but was allowed to sleep over at her high school boyfriend's house every night during summer?

I guess I'm much more sheltered than Lindy because my parents would never let me do that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
On 8/3/2022 at 9:51 PM, mythoughtis said:

I disagree with Lindy.  Love is not a choice.   Commitment is a choice, love is a feeling. It does not happen overnight 

On 8/4/2022 at 2:44 PM, Ilovepie said:

I agree and disagree with Lindy here. There has to be some chemistry and attraction at the beginning or it's not going to last long, but down the road when it's not shiny and new anymore there is a choice to be made. And when hard times come, it's definitely a choice. 

Pastor Cal has been saying all along that love is a choice not a feeling, which I strongly disagree with.  But with what's been written here, I think I have some clarity on it, and I think it has to do with whether you are looking at love as a verb or a noun, and the timing of when this love choice occurs.  

So, if you are looking at love as a verb, then I can definitely see that one can make a choice.  I can choose to love someone as an action, in the sense of being forgiving, treating them with kindness and respect, valuing their needs, caring about what they care about, etc.  

And for timing, I agree with ilovepie, that when an established love relationship gets bumpy, you can't just rely on the feeling of love, because that can come and go.  You have to choose to continue loving your partner.

However, by using that blanket statement that love is a choice, in all timeframes and situations, Pastor Cal is implying that anyone can choose "love" (as a noun), and I just don't buy that.  This is especially true when it comes to being "in love" with someone, which, after all, marks the distinction between what we feel for many people ("love", which can be felt for friends, children, relatives, pets, etc) and being "in love" (which we only say for a romantic partner).   

Love may or may not develop over time in a romantic relationship, but I cannot will myself to feel love for someone, although I can will myself to treat someone with love.  And once in love, I can continue to choose love even when I don't feel the love.  But achieving romantic love in the first place is not as simple as choosing it, which is what Pastor Cal keeps smugly implying, and that's just bullsh*t!

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 8/4/2022 at 7:03 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

All that said, there's something about the way Miguel is capable of going all cold-eyed at the drop of a hat that is extremely disconcerting. 

Well said.

On 8/4/2022 at 7:03 AM, brilliantbreakfast said:

Lindy is already oozing desperation and Miguel is just not having it.  She is a walking mess of free-floating anxiety, and people like that are exhausting. All that said, there's something about the way Miguel is capable of going all cold-eyed at the drop of a hat that is extremely disconcerting. He's dealing with an escapee from extreme religion and doesn't get that she's still finding her way. (And her family doesn't help. That brother -- I mean,  yeah, he's gorgeous, but he's creepy af.)

OK, are we talking about Lindy's brother...the overly-demanding-about-religion guy with the long curly hair?  He is gorgeous? What am I not seeing, or is it just me?

On 8/4/2022 at 12:47 AM, Spectator said:

3. One couple where the guy has a history of running at the first warning sign with a girl who sends out boatloads of warning signs straight out of the gate -she is a walking example of “a lot” with her endless blather, mood swings, etc.  (Miguel and Lindy)

So at first I felt that way, but then I started actually thinking about why we have that impression, and I realized that it's all editing.  Due to the constraints of a TV show, we cannot see every single conversation these folks have, nor can we usually even see entire conversations.  We only see what the producers allow to be shown about the words and reactions of the participants.  And it is so easy through editing to create the impression that Lindy talks on and on in sort of scatterbrained way.  For all we know, Miguel hogs the conversations and Lindy barely gets a word in edge-wise!

• Like 4

OK, are we talking about Lindy's brother...the overly-demanding-about-religion guy with the long curly hair?  He is gorgeous? What am I not seeing, or is it just me?

I don't see it either though he has good hair (wish he'd cut it or style it or something though instead of just having it sit like a mop on his head).

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

Well said.

OK, are we talking about Lindy's brother...the overly-demanding-about-religion guy with the long curly hair?  He is gorgeous? What am I not seeing, or is it just me?

So at first I felt that way, but then I started actually thinking about why we have that impression, and I realized that it's all editing.  Due to the constraints of a TV show, we cannot see every single conversation these folks have, nor can we usually even see entire conversations.  We only see what the producers allow to be shown about the words and reactions of the participants.  And it is so easy through editing to create the impression that Lindy talks on and on in sort of scatterbrained way.  For all we know, Miguel hogs the conversations and Lindy barely gets a word in edge-wise!

I don't believe it has anything to do with editing.  Within one clip of her talking, she said "like" about 10,000 times.  I wouldn't be able to stand being around her for more than 10 minutes.

He doesn't seem to be a prize either, but it's her manner of speaking,n the baby girl voice, the "like, like, like, like."  Not to mention she seems to be admitting to being a scatterbrained bundle of nerves.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Boo Boo said:

He doesn't seem to be a prize either, but it's her manner of speaking,n the baby girl voice, the "like, like, like, like."  Not to mention she seems to be admitting to being a scatterbrained bundle of nerves.

Not a prize?  May I remind you that he is a Class 9 Paladin and his LARPing league has nearly a dozen members.

• LOL 8
1 hour ago, Jack Sampson said:

Not a prize?  May I remind you that he is a Class 9 Paladin and his LARPing league has nearly a dozen members.

Swoooooon

4 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I don't get it either but to each their own...I guess.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I don't believe it has anything to do with editing.  Within one clip of her talking, she said "like" about 10,000 times.  I wouldn't be able to stand being around her for more than 10 minutes.

Can we only IMAGINE if Lindy and Justin were together??😄...between her "like" interrupting every thought and phrase and his "y'know what I'm sayin' with the same frequency, my head would EXPLODE!!  

Do partners/spouses actually allow these verbal "tics" to continue without asking the other person to KNOCK IT OFF????  

Then, I think to myself, what if the "offender" literally CANNOT avoid those go-to words/phrases?  I guess I would simply walk away and if I was under contract to a reality TV show, I'd try as best I could to "detach" and tune them out.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2022 at 10:49 PM, Katie111 said:

Why does Mitch have to tell Krysten that he’s not attracted to her?  It’s not a lie if you don’t tell her,  just give it some time and see what happens.  Then 2 hours later he’s making out and humping her.  She has a great body and a pretty face.  He is skinny and has the mouth of a 70 year old.  I would love to hear what his “type” is as I can’t imagine what it would be.   I wish she had been matched with anyone but him because she seems like someone who is all in on the process and Mitch is a dick. 

Krysten has a great body??? I like Krysten. I hadn't thought of her figure as what someone would be attracted to but I guess some people like that kind of shape? 

On 8/3/2022 at 11:30 PM, Adeejay said:

I believe Stacia is too smart to fall for Nate’s bs. I know someone who was passed over for a job with NYC Dept of Health, due to the fact that she had a 9 year old bankruptcy on her record.

This happens quite a lot with certain jobs. That's one reason people create LLCs - to separate their personal finances from their businesses. 

• Love 4
On 8/5/2022 at 12:33 AM, kikicat said:

If she doesn't want her father's last name, why not take her mother's "maiden" name? Instead she wants a stranger husband's surname for keeps, even if they divorce? Sheesh.

Or make up your own name. Stacia Fashionista.

Maybe she never liked her mom or dad's surnames, and just wanted to change it.

I mean, do we even know Nate's surname? Does it "go" well with Stacia?

I'm maybe putting too much thought into this,😁 but I have a niece who had a perfectly good maiden name, and changed it her husband's last name which is... HURLBUT. 👀 Love makes you do crazy things? 

(no offense to any other Hurlbuts out there) 

Ps.. I  just looked up the name, and all I can find are Hurlburt... But her last name is now 100% for sure HURLBUT. 

Anyway, to circle back, maybe Stacia has always hated her name and that's why she changed it to his so fast.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:
Edited by ChiCricket
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
On 8/3/2022 at 11:24 PM, Elizzikra said:

I really don't like him but I will give him credit for his smooth little hop onto the paddle board.

You forget he's a surfer, so a standup paddle board would feel like a stable barge to someone used to maneuvering a small surfboard (or windsurf board, in my case).

I have a friend whose maiden name is Haggard and she changed it to her husband's name with a quickness.  I'd never even thought of her name as the adjective it was, but obviously she had.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

You forget he's a surfer, so a standup paddle board would feel like a stable barge to someone used to maneuvering a small surfboard (or windsurf board, in my case).

No, I remembered. I still give him credit for a smooth athletic move, even if he's had years to practice...

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

But over-use of "like" is how she speaks, which is not related to the amount that she speaks, which is what I had specifically addressed because of the comments here about it.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, LuvMyShows said:

But over-use of "like" is how she speaks, which is not related to the amount that she speaks, which is what I had specifically addressed because of the comments here about it.  

But it's so like like like so like the way she communicates. 

You know whadda I'm sayin?

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, qtpye said:

But it's so like like like so like the way she communicates. 

You know whadda I'm sayin?

And when she starts babbling, there's no indication of when she's gonna stop.  Miguel cracks me up the way he's looking at her babbling on and on.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

Maybe she never liked her mom or dad's surnames, and just wanted to change it.

I mean, do we even know Nate's surname? Does it "go" well with Stacia?

I'm maybe putting too much thought into this,😁 but I have a niece who had a perfectly good maiden name, and changed it her husband's last name which is... HURLBUT. 👀 Love makes you do crazy things? 

(no offense to any other Hurlbuts out there) 

Ps.. I  just looked up the name, and all I can find are Hurlburt... But her last name is now 100% for sure HURLBUT. 

Anyway, to circle back, maybe Stacia has always hated her name and that's why she changed it to his so fast.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I looked it up - Nate's last name is Barnes, and Stacia's is Karcher. Both pretty normal names, although I guess Barnes might be easier to spell. I kind of like "Stacia Fashionista" though ;)

• Wink 3
  • Love 1
On 8/7/2022 at 1:02 PM, Elizzikra said:

I don't see it either though he has good hair (wish he'd cut it or style it or something though instead of just having it sit like a mop on his head).

Yeah, I mostly noticed his teen-boy mop. He's a rare one to me--fairly good-looking but also completely repellant.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:24 PM, Ilovepie said:

Agree - anyone remember Danielle and Cody? They chose to stay together even though there was no sex in the entire experiment and she seemed ambivalent. 

There was a little bit of sex - didn't she catch him doing it with himself one time? 🤣

On 8/4/2022 at 5:09 PM, Empress1 said:

Did Erik and Virginia have sex in the 8 weeks?

I assumed they were having tons of sex at first - which was why he was such a happy drunken goofball for the entire honeymoon!

On 8/5/2022 at 1:42 AM, kikicat said:

True! One of the better MAFS couples. Though they'll always be Deonna No-Compliments and Double-Oven Gregg to me.

I always think of her as Deonna-Has-Walls 😄

I finally got caught up with this season and I'll admit, I have done a lot of fast forwarding, but I do have an unpopular opinion to offer, which is that I didn't mind Lindy's brother.  He asked a genuine question about something important to him, and Miguel gave his honest answer about his feelings on the subject.  (Miguel also said on the after party that Lindy had warned him in advance that the topic would come up.). Unless they beat that into a dead horse over the upcoming weeks, that's what I would like more of - honest conversations about differences, not just the stock "problem" they are each assigned which then has to be discussed every week, with every family member, every friend, every talking head . . . 😴😴😴. As in:  Noi wants Steve to have a real job.  Noi is uncomfortable that Steve doesn't have a stable salary.  Noi's family upbringing makes a spouse with a job very important to her.  Noi wants Steve to have a real job.  Noi is uncomfortable that Steve doesn't have a stable salary.  Noi's family upbringing makes a spouse with a job very important to her.  Noi wants Steve to have a real job.  Noi is uncomfortable that Steve doesn't have a stable salary.  Noi's family upbringing makes a spouse with a job very important to her.  .  .

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, princelina said:

I finally got caught up with this season and I'll admit, I have done a lot of fast forwarding, but I do have an unpopular opinion to offer, which is that I didn't mind Lindy's brother.  He asked a genuine question about something important to him, and Miguel gave his honest answer about his feelings on the subject.  (Miguel also said on the after party that Lindy had warned him in advance that the topic would come up.).

I don't think under normal circumstances that these questions are appropriate for the first meet and greet, but this whole situation is weird, and I have no doubt that these conversations are encouraged and directed by the producers. But I do think brother is creepy. He's not Lindy's dad. I think Miguel handled it well. And my unpopular opinion is that I have appreciated their conversations even if Lindy does say "like" a lot - they have a nice mix of serious and silly and it does seem like we have been shown quite a bit of them sharing info about themselves that is useful for getting to know your stranger spouse.  She doesn't bug me the way some others here feel ;-p

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4