Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Everything Whale Be Okay

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Ilovepie said:

I don't think under normal circumstances that these questions are appropriate for the first meet and greet, but this whole situation is weird, and I have no doubt that these conversations are encouraged and directed by the producers. But I do think brother is creepy. He's not Lindy's dad. I think Miguel handled it well. And my unpopular opinion is that I have appreciated their conversations even if Lindy does say "like" a lot - they have a nice mix of serious and silly and it does seem like we have been shown quite a bit of them sharing info about themselves that is useful for getting to know your stranger spouse.  She doesn't bug me the way some others here feel ;-p

She seems very nervous most of the time.  They all are over the age compared to others, so I thought they all would jump in with the sex right away.  Bet Krysten would have had sex the first night and thereafter.  She looks hot to trot, and that’s what makes him nervous I think.  Pressure.  One thing about her .. she is very forward.

• Love 3

She looks hot to trot, and that’s what makes him nervous I think.

What has she done to make her seem this way? I think overall there has been much more discussion of sex this year and while I'm all for a healthy sex life, I think a lot of it has been contrived to seem forward-thinking and a little risque. I don't think it's been successful in doing that, but I do think that was the intent. I think Krysten has been as much of a participant in that dialogue as any other cast member but I don't think she seems particularly "hot to trot" either - maybe I just don't understand what that phrase is supposed to mean?

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I think Krysten has been as much of a participant in that dialogue as any other cast member but I don't think she seems particularly "hot to trot" either - maybe I just don't understand what that phrase is supposed to mean?

Yeah, I don’t think I understand this either. Maybe people are responding to her saying that if they haven’t had sex by the end of the 8 weeks, she’d ask for a divorce. But she doesn’t seem to be actively pressuring Mitch for sex - whatever physical stuff happened between them was initiated by him. And I don’t think Krysten herself makes Mitch nervous; I think his lack of attraction to her does, but that’s not her fault.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

What has she done to make her seem this way? I think overall there has been much more discussion of sex this year and while I'm all for a healthy sex life, I think a lot of it has been contrived to seem forward-thinking and a little risque. I don't think it's been successful in doing that, but I do think that was the intent. I think Krysten has been as much of a participant in that dialogue as any other cast member but I don't think she seems particularly "hot to trot" either - maybe I just don't understand what that phrase is supposed to mean?

There seems to be more emphasis on "sexiness"--shots of the women stepping into the shower, the Stacia/Nate shower scene, and too much sex talk.  Also, I don't need to see poor Justin's bare chest anymore. 

I think the producers wanted to "spice things up" this season, but it's not working for me. 

Oh, and I forgot about Justin constantly talking about his package.  😫

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

There seems to be more emphasis on "sexiness"--shots of the women stepping into the shower, the Stacia/Nate shower scene, and too much sex talk.  Also, I don't need to see poor Justin's bare chest anymore. 

I think the producers wanted to "spice things up" this season, but it's not working for me. 

Oh, and I forgot about Justin constantly talking about his package.  😫

I agree with you.  The producers must have decided to ratchet up the scale of overt "sexual" talk/innuendo/contact as a ratings grab.

Actually, the couples don't have that much compatibility going for them so maybe this was a ploy to advance the "intimacy" theme they seem to gravitate toward when other things fail in their scripted scenarios for the couples.

• Love 3
On 8/9/2022 at 8:46 PM, Elizzikra said:

I think Krysten has been as much of a participant in that dialogue as any other cast member but I don't think she seems particularly "hot to trot" either - maybe I just don't understand what that phrase is supposed to mean?

I think she started out by telling Mitch she was ready to get physical, and he responded by informing her he isn't attracted to her.  I think she scared him a little.  A wiser, more socially aware man might have said something along the lines of needing a little more time getting to know each other.

• Love 5