Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E05: Everything Whale Be Okay

• Start Topic

In Puerto Vallarta, the newlyweds enjoy their honeymoon of paddleboarding, horseback riding and whale watching; one husband surprises his wife with the words "I love you," but another spouse makes a much more unpleasant declaration.

Airs Wednesday, August 3 at 8:00PM EDT

Would it kill Mitch to return a compliment every once in awhile? Mitch is going to be fantasizing over momma Krysten if they have sex, which isn’t looking too likely. Paddleboarding looks boring. No wonder Mitch likes it. 

Miguel is hedging his bets with Lindy. She looks like a fish out of water. I’m not sure how much she’s really distanced herself from her church upbringing. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I kinda feel Mitch not being attracted to Krysten and wondering how to handle the situation.  He also said she might not be that interested to him, so at least he's self-aware.  He can and should be honest with her, but I just hope he doesn't act like an ass doing it.   

Well, that was an interesting conversation and I liked the way they both handled it.

Edited by Crashcourse
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Retired at last said:

Does a bankruptcy still stay on your credit report for 7 years? I can't believe that info didn't keep him off the show.

Yes.  I’m wondering why they all passed the vetting process.  I wouldn’t have matched up anyone of them now that they are letting things out.  

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes.  I’m wondering why they all passed the vetting process.  I wouldn’t have matched up anyone of them now that they are letting things out.  

No one is perfect and this show is edited to really emphasize people's flaws. I do think that some of this year's cast have some pretty specific quirks and lifestyle choices and they are not particularly well-suited to being married to a stranger but on the other hand, maybe they are the most in need of something to shake up their "deal breakers?"

On a different note, I'm old. No way I could have shot back that double shot of tequila. Even in my younger days, that was asking a lot...

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
45 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I kinda feel Mitch not being attracted to Krysten and wondering how to handle the situation.  He also said she might not be that interested to him, so at least he's self-aware.  He can and should be honest with her, but I just hope he doesn't act like an ass doing it.   

Well, that was an interesting conversation and I liked the way they both handled it.

Yeah, she took it pretty good.  I would have gotten another room as he didn’t even give her a chance.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Crashcourse said:

I found it interesting how Krysten said to the camera that she still thought Mitch was attracted to her, but he was too much in his head. Who knows, maybe she's right. She's holding it together pretty well. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yeah, she took it pretty good.  I would have gotten another room as he didn’t even give her a chance.

I wouldn't characterize it as not giving her a chance, I think he was being honest with her.  I agree, though, that she should have gotten another room.  They could still have had activities together, but they wouldn't be uncomfortable and could ride things out until the vacation is over.     

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Crashcourse said:

I wouldn't characterize it as not giving her a chance, I think he was being honest with her.  I agree, though, that she should have gotten another room.  They could still have had activities together, but they wouldn't be uncomfortable and could ride things out until the vacation is over.     

Exactly.  He was too nervous, and felt too much pressure.  I think he knew she was expecting sex, which she was.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
Just now, kikicat said:

Has it ever worked out with a couple who took separate rooms (or didn't share their apartment)? I'm not a MAFS historian, but I'd guess no.

No, I don't think so, but at least they can (hopefully) be civil with each other until Decision Day.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So I am just starting up the DVR.   Mitch slept in a  hotel robe?  He’s that uncomfortable around Krysten? 
Nate ogling Stacia’s backside in her swimsuit, emphasizing the ogle for the camera. 
I disagree with Lindy.  Love is not a choice.   Commitment is a choice, love is a feeling. It does not happen overnight    Give Miguel  time.  He was not being callous 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Love 8

Krysten already had one wedding called off. She puts herself out there and comes on this show. She’s stuck with this douche on her honeymoon and hoping they can be civil for two months. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, kikicat said:

Remember Dionna (sp?) hating compliments from Greg? Now we have Krysten practically pleading for them. Oh, MAFS, will you ever get it right? 🤣🤣

Deonna. And hey - it worked out great for them! I don't see a similar happy ending (actual or metaphorical) for Mitch and Krysten.

I'm not sure I agree with Krysten requiring an "I love you" by decision day. I don't think they are a good match and honestly I'll be surprised if they make it as far as decision day, but I'm not sure that requiring an "I love you" in that timeframe is realistic. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Mr. Miner said:

Krysten already had one wedding called off. She puts herself out there and comes on this show. She’s stuck with this douche on her honeymoon and hoping they can be civil for two months. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Krysten is very nice, but a little too pushy.  It’s too soon to let everything out about what she wants or what is expected.  Go with the flow.  It’s only a few days in.  It’s like she’s chasing him, not him chasing her.

• Like 3
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

Krysten is very nice, but a little too pushy.  It’s too soon to let everything out about what she wants or what is expected.  Go with the flow.  It’s only a few days in.  It’s like she’s chasing him, not him chasing her.

I understand your point, However Mitch is brutally honest and therefore she needs to be the same in return. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I understand your point, However Mitch is brutally honest and therefore she needs to be the same in return. 

It’s starting out very rocky, but who knows .. they just might surprise everyone and wind up together.  Show could pull a switcharoo.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

It’s starting out very rocky, but who knows .. they just might surprise everyone and wind up together.  Show could pull a switcharoo.

He’s a little ridiculous to think that it is all a lost cause because he hasn’t developed feelings by day 3. 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
9 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Krysten can’t even get Mitch to throw her a bone, but apparently he’s okay with a boner. Hey, he’s a man, he’s got needs! He is so emotionally stunted and relationship challenged. 

This guy Mitch isn’t God’s gift.  What the heck was he looking for?  She looks like a good match for him IMO.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, kikicat said:

Has it ever worked out with a couple who took separate rooms (or didn't share their apartment)? I'm not a MAFS historian, but I'd guess no.

Given that we were all mad because Alyssa wouldn’t give Chris the 8 week chance he deserved, I don’t feel that Krysten should get another room. She  and Mitch should move into the apartment and commit themselves to the 8 weeks- unless some awful event happens 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

Meanwhile Justin thinks he’s in love with a virtual stranger.    

Maybe she’s his first girlfriend/wife?  Therefore so enamored of her.  He is dying to jump her bones, and she is not ready.  He reminds me of a little boy.

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Why does Mitch have to tell Krysten that he’s not attracted to her?  It’s not a lie if you don’t tell her,  just give it some time and see what happens.  Then 2 hours later he’s making out and humping her.  She has a great body and a pretty face.  He is skinny and has the mouth of a 70 year old.  I would love to hear what his “type” is as I can’t imagine what it would be.   I wish she had been matched with anyone but him because she seems like someone who is all in on the process and Mitch is a dick. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
46 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

This guy Mitch isn’t God’s gift.  What the heck was he looking for?  She looks like a good match for him IMO.

Krysten is out of Mitch’s league if you ask me. It makes me angry when they pair quality women with questionable men. Do we know what Mitch does for work? I can’t help but wonder what he sees when he looks in the mirror.

Justin is going to get his heart smashed to smithereens. He seems to fall in love too fast and too soon.

I believe Stacia is too smart to fall for Nate’s bs. I know someone who was passed over for a job with NYC Dept of Health, due to the fact that she had a 9 year old bankruptcy on her record.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

Do we know what Mitch does for work?

He works for a nonprofit related to environmental policy. I'm not sure if he has an actual degree in public policy or politics or environmental science, but it's a "Save the Ocean" sort of group. He probably makes ok, but not great money. He's also probably fairly intelligent, at least in a book-smart sort of way. 

I really don't like him but I will give him credit for his smooth little hop onto the paddle board. I can stand on a paddle board but I can't just jump up on one like that. So I'll give credit where credit is due...

• Love 3

Wait, so according to Morgan’s family or friend or whoever that was, Morgan doesn’t want kids, but Binh absolutely wants kids. Great, just great. Way to go experts. Way to botch a primary deal breaker yet again.

Jeez, and wanting or not wanting kids is an easy one - it isn’t subjective like say “I don’t want someone who is too controlling”, as an example. It’s a black and white issue. It should be a simple matching filter. Ughhh, this show.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10

OMG - Justin where every other word is, "you know what I'm saying??(Do YOU know WTF you're saying Justin?), and Krysten honking like a gaggle of geese 😳.  Mitch, aka Peeled Onion, acting like he's god's gift to humanity.......I seriously don't know how long I can ride this season out. Everything seems so scripted and producer driven, there is no such thing as true "reality" shows anymore.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

As far as Nate's bankruptcy, I had to file about 8 years ago. The actual derogatory 'mark' stays on your credit report for up to 10 years, but the credit score can bounce back very quickly. So for now, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and  assume that's what he was getting at. That his credit score is fine now and therefore wouldnt prevent him from obtaining a car loan, getting a credit card, etc. I imagine there are specific situations where having the bankruptcy still on the report would be a problem, but I haven't run into any myself. I bought a house with the bankruptcy still on record and had no trouble getting a loan- even got a good interest rate based on my actual credit score. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 3
On 8/3/2022 at 10:44 PM, kristen111 said:

Maybe she’s his first girlfriend/wife?  Therefore so enamored of her.  He is dying to jump her bones, and she is not ready.  He reminds me of a little boy.

He's literally been engaged before.

I'm going to look at Mitch a bit differently. I think it's easy to get in your head with all this. "I'm not feeling it right away! Did I make a mistake? Can she tell? Am I screwing this up? Should I say something?" It's easy to say how someone should react when they aren't going through it.

Also, Krysten basically forced his hand to say something about attraction when she basically put sex on the table.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:30 PM, Adeejay said:

Krysten is out of Mitch’s league if you ask me. It makes me angry when they pair quality women with questionable men. Do we know what Mitch does for work? I can’t help but wonder what he sees when he looks in the mirror.

Justin is going to get his heart smashed to smithereens. He seems to fall in love too fast and too soon.

I believe Stacia is too smart to fall for Nate’s bs. I know someone who was passed over for a job with NYC Dept of Health, due to the fact that she had a 9 year old bankruptcy on her record.

The term "out of her/his league" as a phrase i wish would just die. I just find it reductive and that's not how attraction works. Leagues are arbitrary and different for every individual rendering it pointless.

I'm not going to hate Mitch in this specific instance. I think he is giving this a chance but is still in his head about everything. Alyssa and her method of dealing with an lack of a attraction by gaslighting was bad. Not this.

I wonder about Miguel. He's a little too eager to bang. I get being attracted and desiring his wife but he's needs to chill a bit.

Justin needs to chill a lot.

Edited by Racj82
  • Applause 1
  • Love 8

I was outright laughing at Mitch & Lindy's massage session. His jokes about being toothless. He also wondered if the camera caught his "boner.' 😳🤣

I also laughed at him policing his grammar: 'consecration/consummation' and "missing a teeth."

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Rebky said:

OMG - Justin where every other word is, "you know what I'm saying??(Do YOU know WTF you're saying Justin?), and Krysten honking like a gaggle of geese 😳.  Mitch, aka Peeled Onion, acting like he's god's gift to humanity.......I seriously don't know how long I can ride this season out. Everything seems so scripted and producer driven, there is no such thing as true "reality" shows anymore.

They all are screwed up from the beginning.  Then everything is fake, fake, fake.  Looked good from the beginning, but went south, as per usual.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Would it kill Mitch to return a compliment every once in awhile? Mitch is going to be fantasizing over momma Krysten if they have sex, which isn’t looking too likely. Paddleboarding looks boring. No wonder Mitch likes it. 

Miguel is hedging his bets with Lindy. She looks like a fish out of water. I’m not sure how much she’s really distanced herself from her church upbringing. 

1) Mitch hasn't got a clue what he wants. He talks a good game about natural this and natural that, but the minute he saw Krysten's plasticized mom (who was dressed VERY inappropriately at the wedding; you don't upstage the bride, especially when you are her mother) he looked like he wanted to bone her right there. Krysten has the temporary misfortune to be one of those women who looks older than she is when she is only in her 30s. The upside to being that is that you tend to look young-ish longer than the fresh-faced young things do.

Lindy is already oozing desperation and Miguel is just not having it.  She is a walking mess of free-floating anxiety, and people like that are exhausting. All that said, there's something about the way Miguel is capable of going all cold-eyed at the drop of a hat that is extremely disconcerting. He's dealing with an escapee from extreme religion and doesn't get that she's still finding her way. (And her family doesn't help. That brother -- I mean,  yeah, he's gorgeous, but he's creepy af.)

• Like 3
  • Love 12
43 minutes ago, brilliantbreakfast said:

He's dealing with an escapee from extreme religion and doesn't get that she's still finding her way. (And her family doesn't help. That brother -- I mean,  yeah, he's gorgeous, but he's creepy af.)

Don't forget the substantial student loan.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, Retired at last said:

Does a bankruptcy still stay on your credit report for 7 years? I can't believe that info didn't keep him off the show.

It does - could be 10 years depending on the kind he filed. He may have been able to get credit in six months but the interest rates would be very high and his credit score would remain low.

10 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

He's also probably fairly intelligent, at least in a book-smart sort of way. 

Mitch does come across as intelligent. Even emotionally intelligent; I thought he handled the attraction conversation with Krysten pretty well. I though she handled it well; her saying she wasn’t going to try to convince him that she was attractive and that she wasn’t interested in hearing why he wasn’t attracted to her was exactly the right tack to take. There’s no benefit to her to hearing that; it would just hurt her, as she says. I do kind of wish she’d pumped the brakes on whatever physical thing happened between them because it had to be confusing for her.

I would run if a man told me he loved me after three days. Alexis isn’t wrong.

It felt like there were a lot of really heavy conversations on this trip. I was thinking, it’s the honeymoon! Go play! Save the heavy stuff for when you get home!

Did not like how Morgan’s friends apparently tried to convince her to have kids if she meets “the right guy.” If she truly does not want kids, a man who does is by definition not the right guy. That’s a fundamental incompatibility. It’s fucked up of the show to set people up for failure like that.

Edited by Empress1
I know the difference between “brakes” and “breaks”
  • Like 2
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, Blissfool said:

I was outright laughing at Mitch  Miguel  & Lindy's massage session. His jokes about being toothless. He also wondered if the camera caught his "boner.' 😳🤣

I also laughed at him policing his grammar: 'consecration/consummation' and "missing a teeth."

Fixed it for you. That whole scene was funny, I agree. I wasn't sure if I misheard Miguel mentioning his boner. What was weird was that just prior to him saying that, I asked my husband how many guys would get aroused straddling their spouse like that and what if they got an erection? I'd think it would be pretty embarrassing. 

• Like 1