Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: The Long Goodbye

• Start Topic

Mel and Jack finally receive the results they've been waiting on. Lizzie organizes a send-off for Ricky before speaking to Denny about his secret.

Original airdate 7/20/22

So, yes... I binged the whole season in a day. 

No, it was not worth it. 

I guess we all should have seen Charmaine coming from a mile away; that was predictable. 

I think the only interesting twist was Nick's sister. 

Everyone on this show says "I love you" a nearly-uncomfortable amount of times for how short of time they've actually known each other, if that sentence makes sense. Relationships move very fast, especially for a place called Virgin River, but somehow the show moves so slow...

Overall, I rate it a "meh."  I can see why it's not in Netflix's top 10 shows for today, and that's pretty sad for a debut day. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Hallelujah, Jack is free from Charmaine! And Mel is, hopefully, free from her former in-laws. 

(I haven't finished the season, yet. But I went hunting for spoilers because the timeline is tedious and I was getting restless. lol) 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5
(edited)

this season was so LONG, but only 12 episodes. 

They left so much up in the air (or maybe I skipped it to watch the bits I wanted to know more about).  I will go back and watch it, but I am stingy and have only access to 1 netflix viewer at a time and Miss 12 wants to go back to watching Gilmore Girls so it will have to wait a while.

Thank God Charmaine lied.  Hopefully that means we don't need her anymore.  Maybe the next season can cover more time and not be so dragged out?  

I kept expecting Brie's ex to attack her again.  

Cameron is so shallow.  He fell in love with Mel on the first day, listened in to conversations to find out she was pregnant, stocks the fridge to feed her, buys her a fan to woo her and then tells her that her "baby daddy" is not good enough for her and that he loves her, all in the space of what?  A month to two months at the most? Then he ups and quits as he has scoped the town and she is the only one he likes there out of all the potential women who dropped by the surgery to check him out. So much for practicing country medicine.  What a douche.  

The one character that didn't annoy me this season was Lizzie.  She evolved as a character when interacting with the older generations.  Admittedly, I skipped her and Ricky and then Denny so that may have aided me liking her.  She was so sweet with both Doc and Hope throughout the season.  

Edited by LittlePeas3
can't type
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

this season was so LONG, but only 12 episodes. 

They left so much up in the air (or maybe I skipped it to watch the bits I wanted to know more about).  I will go back and watch it, but I am stingy and have only access to 1 netflix viewer at a time and Miss 12 wants to go back to watching Gilmore Girls so it will have to wait a while.

Thank Gold Charmaine lied.  Hopefully that means we don't need her anymore.  Maybe the next season can cover more time and not be so dragged out?  

I kept expecting Brie's ex to attack her again.  

Cameron is so shallow.  He fell in love with Mel on the first day, listened in to conversations to find out she was pregnant, stocks the fridge to feed her, buys her a fan to woo her and then tells her that her "baby daddy" is not good enough for her and that he loves her, all in the space of what?  A month to two months at the most? Then he ups and quits as he has scoped the town and she is the only one he likes there out of all the potential women who dropped by the surgery to check him out. So much for practicing country medicine.  What a douche.  

The one character that didn't annoy me this season was Lizzie.  She evolved as a character when interacting with the older generations.  Admittedly, I skipped her and Ricky and then Denny so that may have aided me liking her.  She was so sweet with both Doc and Hope throughout the season.  

This season spanned about 15 days. There were consecutive days in the first few episodes, then a 10 day time jump, then a 2 day time jump. It absolutely lasted less than 3 weeks. Made no sense at all, so I agree with you about Cameron.

I also agree about Lizzie. She showed a work ethic too, by having 2 jobs. Nice to see her grow up. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Hmmm...overall, i was happy about some stuff and annoyed with some stuff for the season.  While i agree that Lizzie has had a lot of character growth, I thought her immediate jump to Denny was annoying.  

I liked:  less charmaine, resolution to 'who shot jack', hot Brady, Muriel, Cameron (if he had done something other than pine over Mel), resolution to the Christopher/Paige nonsense.

I didn't like:  that Jack's new business venture is funded by drug money, Hope (they somehow made her more annoying), the hot second of Mark drama, the hot second of dad Sheridan drama, Charmaine's reveal (sooooo....when Todd was all wanting to be a family with only her and the babies, why didn't she come clean?  She could have gotten Jack out of the picture thn), Preacher's new relationship (though I'm here for vigilante Preacher), Cameron only mooning over Mel.

I don't give a crap about:  Preacher's Akido lady, Ricky, whatever Mike is up to

Edited by VartanFan
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

Charmaine is just evil, but when she married why didn't she fess up? She didn't need to trap Jack. I wonder if that's why the husband left suddenly before the shower, did he find out the lying manipulator she was and took off?

Wonder if Ricky is gone for good or he'll return injured. 

Paige has to run again or she back?

New doctor was a jerk, let him go. 

• Love 1

What was the point of Cameron? I'm glad he had no big stupid sekrit, but he also barely caused a ripple between Mel and Jack. Not that I wanted that either, but why hire a young handsome actor if he's not going to be some sort of romantic foil?

Lizzie is not a trained home health aide—doesn't Doc want someone who can help with Hope's physical and neurological therapy? Lizzie can't do that.

It always cracks me up when a scene is being filmed in the rain and the actors pretend it's not raining.

I'm tired of the Paige/Christopher/Preacher drama. I'm also tired of Charmaine. She's served her purpose; time for her to go.

There's some good writing in individual scenes, but the overall stories are absurd. And do they really need to pile so much on Jack? His brother, now the twins aren't his, he's got PTSD, etc., etc., etc.

• Love 4

Sometimes they stick a new character in a show to see what happens.  Apparently they didn't think he did enough for the show to keep him.  I remember reading somewhere with Good Girls Manny Montana wasn't supposed to be a regular at first but the chemistry was so good he stuck around to cause all kind of mayhem.

26 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Sometimes they stick a new character in a show to see what happens.  Apparently they didn't think he did enough for the show to keep him.

I thought about that. I'd say Cameron didn't work because they didn't give him anything to do except be an extra set of hands at the clinic. There's nothing wrong with that, but then make him a supporting character. He got a lot of screen time for someone who was a zero. (This is no shade on the actor, who did what he could with the little he was given.)

27 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

he stuck around to cause all kind of mayhem

More than anyone bargained for, as it turned out!

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Apparently they didn't think he did enough for the show to keep him.

Do we know for sure that he won’t be in the next season?  If they gave him SOMETHING - ANYTHING to actually do, I’d like him.  Find him a girlfriend who hates Mel.  It was just such a non-starter to have him come on and pine for Mel.  AND , he wasn’t wrong when he told Mel that Jack acting unreliable.  I just wish they had done that as them being friends only.  

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Seems to me this season finale wrapped all the story lines up with a neat bow. Where was the cliff hanger that is usually the pivotal plot point in a season finale? There is a season 5, right?

Denny's story line is boring as hell to me. Sorry for the reveal of his diagnosis but it is still boring. Lizzie falling for this guy so soon after her break up with Ricky seemed unrealistic to me.

Are we to assume Nick is involved with his sister's drug operation? He invested three times more in Jack's glamping venture than he originally promised Jack. Drug money? Seems like it to me but he just doesn't seem like the kind of guy that would get involved with drug dealing.

So.......my burning question has been answered but not by paternity testing.....Charmaine came clean. Jack is not the father of Charmaine's twins. Hallelujah!!! Scott left Charmaine. She deserves it with all her deceitfulness. Good-bye Charmaine and don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Jack is the father of Mel's child. See how easy that was Jack? Mel blurted out the sex of the baby to Jack. What if he wanted it to be a surprise?

Hope continues to bug the shit out of me. I never liked her character and Doc deserves better. What the hell does he see in her? I really like Doc and the actor who has created this character. I find Matheson to be a sexy older man.

Is Paige saved now? Has Vince been beat down and not going to cause any more trouble for Paige and Christopher? That is about the only story line that doesn't seem fleshed out to me.

Then there is that hot couple........Brady and Brie. Her ex is gonna cause trouble. More to be resolved there in the next season.

Edited by luvthepros
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, luvthepros said:

Where was the cliff hanger that is usually the pivotal plot point in a season finale?

One cliffhanger might be Nick's sister, who is involved in drug trafficking.  Is she going to be the person who Nick goes to for a loan to help Jack's new glamping business?

I am another person who dislikes Hope.  All she does is whine and complain.  Doc is a great guy and deserves someone like Muriel.

Edited by DonnaMae
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

One cliffhanger might be Nick's sister, who is involved in drug trafficking.  Is she going to be the person who Nick goes to for a loan to help Jack's new glamping business?

I am another person who dislikes Hope.  All she does is whine and complain.  Doc is a great guy and deserves someone like Muriel.

Hubby and I already have Nick laundering money for his sister's operation. We think he is a bad guy. Hope we are proven wrong in season 5.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/20/2022 at 11:35 PM, funnygirl said:

(I haven't finished the season, yet. But I went hunting for spoilers because the timeline is tedious and I was getting restless. lol)

I skipped to this thread for exactly the same reason! 

This was a complete waste of my time. Lucky I was mostly half watching while i was working.

Hope who was my previously favourite character has been reduced to a shrew.   Lizzie who I previously disliked has shown the most character growth and actually has 2 jobs. 

I didn't get the whole Denny story. Is he Doc's grandson or not? Why wouldn't Doc do a DNA test to confirm that they are family?

I don't care about Paige but damn, I did care the fact that Christopher was with a violet individual.  Please no more Paige/Vince storyline next year.

So Charmaine lied and for what reason? As soon as she realized Jack won't marry her and she married Todd she really should have come clean. I wonder who is the father of the twins.

Glad they shut down the whole custody over the embryos storyline.  I get that Mark's family is still grieving but they treated Mel like a gold digger window.  Let it go people and get therapy.

I don't understand how it's the #1 show this week on Netflix.

• Love 1

Re: Cameron, shows like this seem to think there are two possibilities for Jack/Mel.  You can either be madly in love with one of them, or you despise them.  It seems impossible for people to be like, yeah, you're fine.  I'll have coffee and a chat with you but that's about it.

I don't even mind them introducing a rival for Mel's affections who was actually still breathing.  Jack's alcoholism and control issues would provide ample opportunities for Mel to reconsider her relationship with him, and would make a stable and handsome doctor look good by comparison.  Add in a tragic backstory where he, like Mel, was trying to reinvent himself and they'd have a lot to talk about and bond over.  But there were just so many missed opportunities.  They made him boring and bland.  Hot, but bland.

I do love Brady and Brie, which is weird because I despised Brady at first.  All the characters I initially loved I'm starting to roll my eyes at, and all the characters I initially hated are rapidly growing on me.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Miss Chevious said:

Muriel & Doc would be a better couple.

Absolutely!  Why can't the writers kill off Hope and get Muriel and Doc together.  Living with Hope has to be stressful.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Hasn't she always been a shrew?  I haven't liked her from day one.

Agree. I have not liked Hope from day one either. Love Doc though and he deserves better. I like Muriel with him.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, luvthepros said:

But........where did Nick come up with all that money to invest in Jacks glamping venture?

Didn't his wife say he got a check from his sister, who controls the "trust fund," every month as long as he kept his mouth shut? That (i.e., keeping his mouth shut) could mean a number of things.

• Like 4
  • Useful 5
32 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Didn't his wife say he got a check from his sister, who controls the "trust fund," every month as long as he kept his mouth shut? That (i.e., keeping his mouth shut) could mean a number of things.

I interpreted that as when their parents passed away, they inherited distributions from the family trust.  Nick's sister must be the trustee.  Just my guess...

• Like 1
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I guess hubby and I missed that little tid bit. Hmmmmm.

(edited)

Finally finished.  I don't understand the point of Denny coming into the series.   Is he going to stay for next year?   Did I fall asleep and not see the part where Doc said no you can't give me all your money?   And he sure is way up there is age to still owe a ton of money on his little clinic.

We need a thread for burning questions.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

Finally finished.  I don't understand the point of Denny coming into the series.   Is he going to stay for next year?   Did I fall asleep and not see the part where Doc said no you can't give me all your money?   And he sure is way up there is age to still owe a ton of money on his little clinic.

We need a thread for burning questions.

He's a small town general doctor - people probably pay him in canned peaches and whatnot. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's had to re-mortgage his real estate multiple times to remain in business. 

• Like 4
  • Wink 1

I’m still mystified  by the time warp of this series. Charmaine is literally 5 moths pregnant with twins, that we almost were present for their conception, and the main couple has broken up three times at least and are now pregnant 12 weeks with a daughter, the main guy got shot 6 months ago but also somehow it’s been 6 months since Mel showed up? I literally don’t know whats’ going on. I mean I’m used to some romance novel time BS but this is literally X Files time BS.

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
On 7/25/2022 at 1:33 PM, DonnaMae said:

Absolutely!  Why can't the writers kill off Hope and get Muriel and Doc together.  Living with Hope has to be stressful.

Seriously? I think Muriel is SUCH A CLICHE (and the actress has permanent HITG! “Not good enough to be a main character” itis)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 7/25/2022 at 1:08 PM, luvthepros said:

But........where did Nick come up with all that money to invest in Jacks glamping venture?

From the ‘family trust’, which his sister supposedly runs.  It sounds like there is no trust, just an illegal drug operation.  The question is does Nick know that,  if he does, what about JoEllen? 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
23 hours ago, MichaelaRae said:

I’m still mystified  by the time warp of this series. Charmaine is literally 5 moths pregnant with twins, that we almost were present for their conception, and the main couple has broken up three times at least and are now pregnant 12 weeks with a daughter, the main guy got shot 6 months ago but also somehow it’s been 6 months since Mel showed up? I literally don’t know whats’ going on. I mean I’m used to some romance novel time BS but this is literally X Files time BS.

I was flabbergasted at that. No way. Absolutely no way. I could deal with 7 or 8 months, but 5? You've got to be fucking kidding me. In what reality does anybody do a baby shower for someone who isn't even in her final trimester yet? 

I wasn't shocked at Charmaine lying, but again, the notion that this entire series takes place over 5 months is absolutely ridiculous. I did think Brady is probably the father, just to add more drama to Brie/Brady storyline. The show clearly seems to realize they have something with the actors who play Brie and Brady given Brie's increased presence this year.

On 7/24/2022 at 2:02 PM, VartanFan said:

Do we know for sure that he won’t be in the next season?  If they gave him SOMETHING - ANYTHING to actually do, I’d like him.  Find him a girlfriend who hates Mel.  It was just such a non-starter to have him come on and pine for Mel.  AND , he wasn’t wrong when he told Mel that Jack acting unreliable.  I just wish they had done that as them being friends only.  

I was really hoping they were going to chemtest him with Tara. That could have been an incredibly sweet, Hallmark-worthy storyline.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Just finished this season, still shaking my head, and a headache from all the eye rolling.....  I cannot decide which is worse - the fact that they seem to have 36-hour days, they way they manage to pack so much action and running around in a single day, or how bad they're handling the totally compressed timeline?  I am amazed that anyone still has a job or that anything gets done the way people seem to be able to drop everything to go handle something else.  

And, don't get me started on how cringe worthy and whiny Mel has been this season....everything is such a Big Deal to her!  Not sure how Jack hasn't caught on to how high maintenance she's going to be! 

And, I like Hope even though she's crusty she's real.... What you see is what you get.

The Preacher storyline is so contrived and ridiculous, bet they wish they'd passed on that can of worms!

• Applause 2
  • Love 3
On 7/28/2022 at 2:06 PM, mythoughtis said:

From the ‘family trust’, which his sister supposedly runs.  It sounds like there is no trust, just an illegal drug operation.  The question is does Nick know that,  if he does, what about JoEllen? 

I want to think Nick is clueless to the drug operation. He seems so innocent.

• Love 3

Well, that was tough to take.  Apparently there is another season in the works since we have loose ends - the drug runner and how Brady will get out of his mess, Brie suing that asshole ex-boss, Charmaine and the spawn, Doc and the grandkid. 

So many things that just didn't make sense starting with that timeline from some fantasy world.  This all happened in less than five months?  Come on.  The ex-MIL in hell suing for custody of embryos?  Too ludicrous.  Hope needing PT and OT but hiring a girl that runs a bakery truck?  Senseless. 

They could have done without the whole Denny thing, not a clue where that is supposed to end up.  Is his plan that Doc take care of him in his dying days?  That's the only thing that makes sense in him showing up.

Not that keen on the martial arts lady (through no fault of her own) but is this setting up some sort of love triangle with Preacher and Paige?  

I admit I will probably watch another season but I have enjoyed each one less and less.  No binging foer me, it's just a filler when I have time. I am mostly in it for the gorgeous scenic shots.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Cetacean said:

They could have done without the whole Denny thing, not a clue where that is supposed to end up.

Same here.  He isn't really even showing symptoms.  And how can two senior citizens take care of someone with symptoms as awful as his are going to be (per google search).  And he's given them all his money.  

Mel reminds me of some broody hen.  

P.S.  I do like the gangster sister however.  She's a badass for sure.  I'm waiting for Manny Montana to show up any day now too.

Scenery is gorgeous.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 2
On 7/28/2022 at 10:46 PM, methodwriter85 said:

I was really hoping they were going to chemtest him with Tara. That could have been an incredibly sweet, Hallmark-worthy storyline.

Or even if they gave Muriel a lil something. 😜

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Cetacean said:

They could have done without the whole Denny thing, not a clue where that is supxposed to end up.  Is his plan that Doc take care of him in his dying days?  That's the only thing that makes sense in him showing up.

That must be the case. He used his money to pay off the mortgage on the clinic and all Doc said was thank you.  He has a terminal disease for which he will need care as it progresses. Oh wait next season they might pull another soap opera trick out of the hat and find out that he does not have Huntingdon disease but something that can be easily cured. Or else he will be written out like he never existed  another soap opera trick.  

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Or else he will be written out like he never existed  another soap opera trick.

Of course, knowing how wonky the timelines are in Virgin River, the new season will probably start a week after this episode ended.  That would mean Denny would have to drop dead within minutes of telling Lizzie about it. 

He's young and has no discernible symptoms so if they decide to keep him around he could last until the new baby is in college, Doc is in a nursing home himself, and Jack has retired on the income from the glamping trailers.

• Like 1
On 7/31/2022 at 4:49 AM, Cetacean said:

Of course, knowing how wonky the timelines are in Virgin River, the new season will probably start a week after this episode ended.  That would mean Denny would have to drop dead within minutes of telling Lizzie about it. 

He's young and has no discernible symptoms so if they decide to keep him around he could last until the new baby is in college, Doc is in a nursing home himself, and Jack has retired on the income from the glamping trailers.

At the rate this show’s timeline progresses, I’m thinking the baby will hit college round about the year 2247 our time.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

I think I'm in the minority but I enjoyed the season much more once I started fast-forwarding through all of the Brie & Brady scenes. I don't enjoy them as a couple and I don't enjoy Brady in any scenes. I liked Brie's scenes with Mel and with Jack, but she and Brady had WAY too much screen time. Brie is much too old to still be falling for "bad boys"  and Brady is just plain unlikeable, even if they did try to begin redeeming him in the last two episodes. I wish they had cast a good-looking guy in the part, then maybe I could see the attraction. Apparently some think he is...but I'm not seeing it. I saw a promo for a Hallmark movie he's starring in coming up, so I guess they think he's marketable. 

Preacher is my favorite character so I was happy to see him finally start to get a life that doesn't revolve around Paige and Christopher, but then they had to go and ruin that.

The only thing more annoying than Hope is Hope with a TBI.

I read an interview on TVLine (I think) with the new showrunner for Season 5. Apparently he is aware of the turtle-paced timeline but nonetheless, S5 picks up exactly where S4 left off. 

Edited by Jillybean
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Jillybean said:

I read an interview on TVLine (I think) with the new showrunner for Season 5. Apparently he is aware of the turtle-paced timeline but nonetheless, S5 picks up exactly where S4 left off. 

As long as the rest of the season progresses faster, I don't see a problem with this.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 7/23/2022 at 7:54 AM, Artsda said:

Charmaine is just evil, but when she married why didn't she fess up? She didn't need to trap Jack. I wonder if that's why the husband left suddenly before the shower, did he find out the lying manipulator she was and took off?

Wonder if Ricky is gone for good or he'll return injured. 

Paige has to run again or she back?

New doctor was a jerk, let him go. 

I had a very strong feeling that Charmaine was lying about the twins; and it was so annoying to me that Jack wanted to be in his 'twins' life and left to be with Charmaine at the drop of a hat....he has the right to be furious right now - but instead, he and Mel will continue to help her...they should start their own lives with hopefully the new baby coming....

Is Season 4 the last season? Or will there be another season..it's good to watch when you're not in the mood to concentrate.

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

As long as the rest of the season progresses faster, I don't see a problem with this.

When will Season 5 kick off?

On 8/8/2022 at 5:25 AM, mythoughtis said:

Jack is a decent human being.  He understands 1) the value  of a child having a relationship with his or her biological father - provided that father is a decent person 2) he doesn’t consider  children inanimate  objects that are replaceable by another. 3) he wants a relationship with his children - all of them 4) he recognizes that Charmaine and her spouse are not all that decent of people 5) He has no reason at this point to suspect the children are not his,  although  he could request a DNA test after they are born. 6). He’s possibly gotten two women pregnant in 3 months time - maybe he recognizes he needs to step up and act like he’s a decent person. What kind of person would he be to abandon two babies that he believes are his to raise a child that may very well not be his 

I might be a ‘tad’ sensitive on this subject being as my parents divorced when I was small and my bio father abandoned me and my two sisters - one of which he never saw after she was nine days old. I have a half brother who is 5 months younger than that sister.  My bio father didn't abandon him.  It’s not something people can understand unless they live it. 

I was just questioning his hastiness.  I have always wondered - after seeing Charmaine - how does he know they are his?  He was close to Charmaine and she tends to lie.  I wouldn't have been so quick to rush into the 'twins' life until after he was sure they were his.  And  NOW we know they are not.  That's a cruel thing to do to someone.

On 8/7/2022 at 10:25 PM, Trudilu said:

We don't exactly know what Denny is up to yet do we?  But it's NOT good...he is transferring money from one account to another; taking pills that are not his; he's hiding something; I'm not sure what it is...

As far as I know, we don't know if Jack is the real father of the twins.  Charmaine told him that they were, but now that you brought it up...maybe they're not.  What I'm wondering is who's baby is Mel having?  Do they know it's the embryo or Jack's baby.

Well  now we know, don't we?  I guessed it would turn out the way it did.  The twins don't belong to Jack, and the baby that Mel is carrying is Jack's baby~  So hopefully they can start their own lives without so much pressure on Jack.

Wow, the Long Goodbye?  Isn't that a term used for Alzheimer's?  Or death?  Are the writers implying Hope's TBI is akin to Alzheimers?  And Lizzie is qualified to help how?

I thought Grandma was going to have a serious illness so Ricky wouldn't leave.  Instead it's Denny that has a serious illness.  Or does he?  I still don't trust him.

Kudos to those who have been saying (for 2 years, ha!) that Jack should demand a paternity test from Charmaine.  I thought there is no way those babies aren't his, but you all were right!  What would have been even better is if Mel's baby wasn't his either.  No babies for you, Jack!  Of course the writers could not do that to their beloved St Jack

On 7/21/2022 at 11:53 AM, FnkyChkn34 said:

This season spanned about 15 days.

Really?  It felt like months, but these people get over their trauma/drama and move on so very easily.  And the whole show has been over 5 months?  That is just crazy.  So much has happened to so many but everyone just kind of shrugs it off.

On 7/24/2022 at 2:55 PM, luvthepros said:

Where was the cliff hanger that is usually the pivotal plot point in a season finale?

Who is the baby daddy?  (Not enough of a cliff hanger?)

I guess my mind was drifting about the drug lady being Nick's sister.  (Isn't she a bit old to be his sister?)

The actor playing Doc Cameron reminds me of my dentist.  Yeah, he's cute.

The good thing about this season?  The knitting ladies finally learned how to knit well enough to fake it.  I always watch them.  Annette O'Toole really does know how to knit.  The others?  Not so much but it must be distracting to speak dialog while pretending to knit.

The Vince - Paige storyline has to be the dumbest plot I’ve ever seen on tv. So he’s just obsessed with kidnapping her and keeping her against her will and she’s going along with it to protect the kid? Huh? So he’s going to keep her a prisoner on the run forever, until they’re 80 years old and die. And the kid was missing for weeks but Preach just kept working his day job, kinda sorta no really contacting the police because……..why? I like the Preacher character but HATE this dumb storyline. I don’t even know how they can fix it, it stretches credulity even for this dumb show.

the season wasn’t really that good and I watched at a glacial pace and I’ll probably keep watching for the locales and soapy content, but this season really was awful. I hope they can turn it around next season. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1