Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Meet the Carrallos

• Start Topic

Nina worries as her father's condition worsens back home; Caroline Stanbury and Sergio's parents come face to face for the first time as Caroline Brooks and Sara's disagreement threatens to upend their engagement party.

Airing Wednesday, July 20th, 2022.

Oh my, has this one completely lost everyone, or are the comments just not showing up for me? Sad… Although there’s not really much to say.

Except, of course, that oh my LORD, if you’re having a formal(ish) party and you insist everyone wears white, the women are going to look like they’re wearing freaking wedding dresses!!! Ayan’s ‘dress’ was actually the least wedding dress-y of all of them, being a bathing suit with a table cloth on top of it… wtaf 

Also, Caroline Stanbury’s talking head platform shoes continue to be hideous. Huh, there were a few things to say, after all… 

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

“Ugh, so much sand”

”Ugh, this sand. Gross”

”There’s sand everywhere”

YOU ARE IN THE DESERT!!!

Also, were the women sequestered from the party guests? Were they even part of the party? Caroline did a walk by with her bitch commenting and didn’t even stop. They literally had a separate set up for filming but these women have zero relationship with Stanbury outside of this show.

Says a lot about this show that I’m only looking forward to the LoL reunion lunch scene next week.

• Like 2
  • Love 13

Yes, I thought many of those dresses could have been wedding dresses!  However, Ayan’s was the weirdest, IMO.  😁

Understandable but funny to see some of the women wearing white boots with their lovely dresses, out in the desert.

I still love the cityscape and scenery shots.

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes, I thought many of those dresses could have been wedding dresses!  However, Ayan’s was the weirdest, IMO.  😁

Understandable but funny to see some of the women wearing white boots with their lovely dresses, out in the desert.

Ayan is growing on me.  I actually liked her dress!

I figure they were wearing the boots because a heel would slip right into the sand.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Yeah, don’t tell everyone to wear white and not expect Not Iman to wear something over the top, which didn’t look like a wedding dress.  But she did do it better than Stanbury.  Actually, a lot of the guests did.  I haven’t been impressed with any of her looks and this is coming from someone who wears yoga pants everyday without the yoga.

I wanted to see Dubai, but this is a bit of a snooze fest.  Chanel’s fittings are the most exciting part of the show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 10

Chanel's dress was the least traditional "wedding dress" of them all. I would vote Nina's as the most "bridal", but that wouldn't fit the continued (producer driven) narrative between these two. Chanel's hyena comment had me laughing. 

Brooks' ongoing commentary about how icky the sand was was just ridiculous. Girl, as Kenny Rogers once said, know when to fold 'em (when it comes to your drinks). Her outburst at Sarah was way OTT.

• Like 1
  • Love 7

Brooks either needs to adjust the strap on her dress or get it tailored to fit. That hanging strap was driving me crazy. That and her annoyance about the sand... in the desert. 

The fights are so manufactured and boring. At first, I thought Sara sent the text to the wrong Caroline, but she sent it to the group. It would've been funnier if she sent it to Stansfield. 

Sergio's parents seem like lovely people. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was still taken aback when Caroline's mother asked if Sergio's parents speak good English. 

And I could understand getting married without meeting your spouse's parents if there's estrangement. But Sergio is very close to his family, so to get married and have this be the first time your parents are meeting their son/daughter-in-law is crazy. I don't know what's going on there. Caroline doesn't seem to like Sergio all that much, meanwhile, Sergio acts like a teenage boy. Using code words for sex? Come on. 

Lesa's children are the highlight of the episodes. Oh, and Ms. Goat. 

• Like 2
  • Love 10
(edited)

This was promoted relentlessly, and it's a letdown. 

Celia Kritharioti (the designer of Caroline Stanbury's dress) has a couture house unlike what Ayan claimed.

Caroline's parents were rude.

Caroline too because she managed to say again that she grew up in a mansion, and Sergio grew up in a working class environment.

It's still obvious she doesn't want to associate with the other HWs.

More manufactured drama. And another storyline about a HW being fake. And possibly racist (?).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Brooks kept saying that she didn't ask for Sara's opinion, but didn't she actually ask for her opinion last week? I don't want to go back and rewatch. She's turning this into a way bigger issue. And what exactly was her problem with Nina? I also hate the way she speaks to service people. She's rude. 

Ugh Juliette Angus

• Love 8
8 hours ago, MaggieG said:

Brooks kept saying that she didn't ask for Sara's opinion, but didn't she actually ask for her opinion last week? I don't want to go back and rewatch. She's turning this into a way bigger issue. And what exactly was her problem with Nina? I also hate the way she speaks to service people. She's rude. 

Ugh Juliette Angus

Brooks asked for her opinion on boarding schools, but became offended when Sara offered an unsolicited opinion about her not tucking in her son, and saying she should spend more time with him.  I think Sara is completely tone deaf when proffering her sage advice to any and every one, but Brooks went completely crazy on her, making herself look worse in the end.  I felt bad for her lifelong friends getting yelled at, as well.  

It didn't make any sense to me that Brooks is now upset with Nina.  She needs to deal with the Sara drama directly and leave Nina out of it.

Why would you have everyone wear white to an engagement party in the desert in the first place?  Yes, there is sand there. It will get everywhere and white doesn't seem to be the best color for frolicking in the sand, and especially not when the bride gets offended that others are trying to upstage her in their white dresses, which she told them to wear!

• Love 9

Why would anyone actually host a formal occasion in the desert. I kept watching and thinking that I would have much preferred to have been inside in some beautiful venue - no sand, no bugs, comfortable temperature.

Who is the market for that kind of venue? Is it very rich nomads who are doing the equivalent of "glamping" for formal occasions so they are paying "homage" to their ancestors feasting in the desert.

I don't know why this show isn't working because theoretically the location could make it fascinating. I still can't distinguish any of the ladies except for Chanel and Stanbury as they all have the same hair - or more accurately the same fake hair. I don't think it is a product of my being blind to ethnic types since I watch all of the franchises and have no difficulty telling any of the women apart in any of those locations - NY, Atlanta, Potomac etc.

• Love 8

There is not a chance in the world that Caroline Stanbury and Sergio are going to make it. She is embarrassed about everything he does, he cries too much, he hovers, he asks questions. It seems she is barely tolerating him at this point.

• Like 4
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, cheewhiz said:

There is not a chance in the world that Caroline Stanbury and Sergio are going to make it. She is embarrassed about everything he does, he cries too much, he hovers, he asks questions. It seems she is barely tolerating him at this point.

She treats him like he’s her child (which, technically, he can be). Reminds me of how Tom Girardi spoke to Erica. There’s no love there, it’s a transactional relationship.

Her tone with him reminds me of a parent scolding and redirecting her annoying and misbehaving child.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, amarante said:

Why would anyone actually host a formal occasion in the desert. I kept watching and thinking that I would have much preferred to have been inside in some beautiful venue - no sand, no bugs, comfortable temperature.

Who is the market for that kind of venue? Is it very rich nomads who are doing the equivalent of "glamping" for formal occasions so they are paying "homage" to their ancestors feasting in the desert.

I don't know why this show isn't working because theoretically the location could make it fascinating. I still can't distinguish any of the ladies except for Chanel and Stanbury as they all have the same hair - or more accurately the same fake hair. I don't think it is a product of my being blind to ethnic types since I watch all of the franchises and have no difficulty telling any of the women apart in any of those locations - NY, Atlanta, Potomac etc.

Someone is trying to make an impression on their new reality show!

Re: distinguishing the new cast- I posted a "cheat sheet" on the last episode's message board.  😉

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Someone is trying to make an impression on their new reality show!

Re: distinguishing the new cast- I posted a "cheat sheet" on the last episode's message board.  😉

I get why someone like Stanbury hosted it since you probably got it for free since she mentioned her "friend" owned it and it make a striking location so it was sure to be covered extensively. 

I didn't understand why a *normal* person would want to send their guests in formal attire to the desert when they can host a beautiful function in a gorgeous indoor venue. But my idea of hell would actually be to live in a climate like Dubai and spend time outside.

In terms of the cheat sheet, I can sometimes consciously remember the background of some of the women but I have to stop and think and therefore I don't really remember most of their back stories because they blend and don't generally remember who is friends and who is not and who had the argument or sent the text because they all look so much alike in terms of their hair styles. I suspect some of them also had the same plastic surgery as well.

It is amazing how much makeup transforms these women like Stanbury. When she was pre-makeup she was relatively ordinary looking and wouldn't stand out in the supermarket. 

• Like 4
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, ZettaK said:

This was promoted relentlessly, and it's a letdown. 

Celia Kritharioti (the designer of Caroline Stanbury's dress) has a couture house unlike what Ayan claimed.

Caroline's parents were rude.

Caroline too because she managed to say again that she grew up in a mansion, and Sergio grew up in a working class environment.

It's still obvious she doesn't want to associate with the other HWs.

More manufactured drama. And another storyline about a HW being fake. And possibly racist.

So rude!!! Nut: tree. Dreadful.

That party seemed like a lot of effort & money just to have a photo shoot & selfies 🤷‍♀️ 

Edited by DrSparkles
  • Love 8

Was that the wedding/reception in the desert? I thought I heard the super-boring HW call it an "engagement party" more than once. Also, was Chanel/Ayan* wearing a veil, or did Caroline S. think the blond wig was a veil?

*Can someone please explain this woman's names to me? Is one a last name?

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Was that the wedding/reception in the desert? I thought I heard the super-boring HW call it an "engagement party" more than once. Also, was Chanel/Ayan* wearing a veil, or did Caroline S. think the blond wig was a veil?

12 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

Why have an ENGAGEMENT party right before the wedding? This appears to be producer driven. 

It was an “engagement party” and the “wedding” was the next day (wedding is in quotes since they already got married and have been married the whole time). I saw her IG posts at the time of the events and was also confused about the engagement party but it was part of a weekend of celebrations and was basically an over the top pre-wedding dinner and reception for the out of towners.

Ayan is her last name and Chanel is her stage name/first name. I forget what her given first name actually is.

How long is this season? So far, it appears that they’ve filmed over 2 weeks since all Stanbury has been bitching and complaining about is her wedding/wedding planning and I could have sworn the first two episodes she said “in 2 weeks”

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

She was not wearing a veil, Caroline S. didn't realize it was a wig and when she bitched about it the editors made sure to do a close shot of Ayan that clearly showed it was her hair.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/21/2022 at 12:35 PM, Sheenieb said:

Sergio's parents seem like lovely people. I shouldn't have been surprised, but I was still taken aback when Caroline's mother asked if Sergio's parents speak good English. 

And I could understand getting married without meeting your spouse's parents if there's estrangement. But Sergio is very close to his family, so to get married and have this be the first time your parents are meeting their son/daughter-in-law is crazy. I don't know what's going on there. Caroline doesn't seem to like Sergio all that much, meanwhile, Sergio acts like a teenage boy. Using code words for sex? Come on. 

Her parents were condescending and rude. Sergio does seem immature, especially around Caroline. And she treats him horribly. The snotty way she was talking to him while getting her makeup done was so unnecessary! I really don’t know what he sees in her.

All I was thinking during the party was how HOT they must have all been in the 100+ degree heat. No thanks! I prefer an indoor venue with A/C. Yes, I know it’s a dry heat but that’s still too hot for me to be outside for long. 

Does she go by Chanel or Ayan? They’re calling her both so I’m confused. 

Manufactured drama. First, it was an engagement party, not a wedding. Second, all the women were wearing white. Third, Ayan wasn’t wearing a veil!

These women are gorgeous! I love how they’re fully decked out in their THs. 

Sarah should’ve kept her mouth shut. She wasn’t asked for her advice. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 3

All I was thinking during the party was how HOT they must have all been in the 100+ degree heat.

This was in December, where the temperatures range from the low 60s to the upper 70s , hence why so many people prefer to go to Dubai in the winter time.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Hiyo said:

This was in December, where the temperatures range from the low 60s to the upper 70s , hence why so many people prefer to go to Dubai in the winter time.

7 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The chyron said that the temperature was 102.

So I went through her IG and confirmed the “wedding” weekend was in Jan (or, at least when she posted). The high temp those days in Jan 2022 was in the 70s 😒. They totally lied.

• Useful 6
1 minute ago, DeeplyShallow said:

So I went through her IG and confirmed the “wedding” weekend was in Jan (or, at least when she posted). The high temp those days in Jan 2022 was in the 70s 😒. They totally lied.

Why am I not surprised? I didn't know when they filmed, so I bought it, remembering the ice in Lesa's pool in the first episode.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Why am I not surprised? I didn't know when they filmed, so I bought it, remembering the ice in Lesa's pool in the first episode.

I find everything about this show and these housewives to be disingenuous.

• Love 4

They totally lied.

I mean, not even Caroline would be that stupid to have a wedding with temperatures like that. Hell, nobody in Dubai would.

• Love 3
On 7/21/2022 at 5:59 PM, MaggieG said:

Ugh Juliette Angus

YOu can say that again a couple of times!  And it looks like she gets to speak next episode 😖

On 7/22/2022 at 9:59 AM, amarante said:

Why would anyone actually host a formal occasion in the desert. I kept watching and thinking that I would have much preferred to I still can't distinguish any of the ladies except for Chanel and Stanbury as they all have the same hair - or more accurately the same fake hair. I don't think it is a product of my being blind to ethnic types since I watch all of the franchises and have no difficulty telling any of the women apart in any of those locations - NY, Atlanta, Potomac etc.

Same here!  Once they start talking I can remember who they are 😄

On 7/25/2022 at 5:14 PM, Sweet-tea said:

Her parents were condescending and rude. Sergio does seem immature, especially around Caroline. And she treats him horribly. The snotty way she was talking to him while getting her makeup done was so unnecessary! I really don’t know what he sees in her.

Me neither.  But the odd thing is she can't be without him for a second!  He's at lady parties, her clothes and makeup sessions, even now sitting under her for her THs!  

Aside from Chanel's lace bodysuit, I think I liked every guest's dress better than Caroline's!  Although for most of the episode I thought it was a wedding and not a party.  I did think it seemed like a cool venue to take out-of-town (and country) guests.

• Love 5

Caroline's dress looked awful - just about everyone else's looked nicer than hers.

Sergio's parents seem nice, Caroline's seem rude. She's going to ditch boy-toy in record time if the contempt she's displaying is any indication.

Other Caroline (Brooks) continues to be insane.

That's all I got.

• Love 5

I have to say something about Sergio and Stansbury. I find them to be the most ridiculous couple... I like Caroline Stansbury and I thought Sergio was smoking hot and a really sweet guy. It was nice to see them so in love. But as the show has gone on and watching their wedding storyline, I can´t but help feeling very weird about it. First off, Sergio is soooo ignorant and dumb. His obsession with Caroline is very over the top. It often seems like she isn´t really that into him as a person, she tolerates his stupidity and looks at him like he is an embarrassing child. And in those moments I truly admire her strength, lol, because I have been embarrassed by guys who didn´t say 1/100 of the stupid cringe stuff he comes up with. When I´m watching their scenes I can´t help but wonder if he is under some kind of love spell.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, halkatla said:

I have to say something about Sergio and Stansbury. I find them to be the most ridiculous couple... I like Caroline Stansbury and I thought Sergio was smoking hot and a really sweet guy. It was nice to see them so in love. But as the show has gone on and watching their wedding storyline, I can´t but help feeling very weird about it. First off, Sergio is soooo ignorant and dumb. His obsession with Caroline is very over the top. It often seems like she isn´t really that into him as a person, she tolerates his stupidity and looks at him like he is an embarrassing child. And in those moments I truly admire her strength, lol, because I have been embarrassed by guys who didn´t say 1/100 of the stupid cringe stuff he comes up with. When I´m watching their scenes I can´t help but wonder if he is under some kind of love spell.

AGREE so much on all this—I’ve followed Caroline on IG ever since her LoL days and I used to think she and Sergio were so sweet together, but having watched them on the show together really changed my mind about those two…Sergio comes off as so weirdly clingy, obsessive, and dumb while Caroline treats him like he’s an annoying little lap dog she only tolerates because he’s so cute and pathetically loyal. And I’m not gonna lie: sometimes I wonder if her daughter ever feels weird that he’s her stepdad now…

Also, I can’t get over how dull Caroline has been so far this season! Her dynamic is so flat and blah within this particular group. I just don’t think she can hide the fact that she doesn’t really care much for any of these other women. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Sun-Bun said:

AGREE so much on all this—I’ve followed Caroline on IG ever since her LoL days and I used to think she and Sergio were so sweet together, but having watched them on the show together really changed my mind about those two…Sergio comes off as so weirdly clingy, obsessive, and dumb while Caroline treats him like he’s an annoying little lap dog she only tolerates because he’s so cute and pathetically loyal. And I’m not gonna lie: sometimes I wonder if her daughter ever feels weird that he’s her stepdad now…

Also, I can’t get over how dull Caroline has been so far this season! Her dynamic is so flat and blah within this particular group. I just don’t think she can hide the fact that she doesn’t really care much for any of these other women. 

Caroline has no personality and is boring as hell. The only reason she stood out in LoL is because the other women were pretty bland (yes, even “Baronessa”); she can’t compete with the strong personalities (sans Nina, which is why she’s her supposed “bestie”) on this show.

It fully seems to me that Caroline’s daughter flirts with Sergio.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Hiyo said:

What? I loved "Baronessa". She was a hoot and a half.

She was entertaining but didn’t have the strong personality that Lesa, Ayan, and Brooks have. She’s still “proper” even when calling Stanbury out on things.

Edited by DeeplyShallow
Grammar