Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, amarante said:

We see this phenomenon again and again so I imagine there is a kind of person who is so used to lying without anyone ever refuting it that they don't even realize they are lying. It is really the only thing that can explain it.

The narcissists in my life do it when gaslighting.  Even when confronted with hard, irrefutable evidence to the contrary they will continue to deny it until you think that you are the crazy one.  Driven by fragile but very needy egos.  

• Like 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

C97A0B79-C08A-492A-999A-F337E10CFDE8.jpegThe look on Eva’s face and the dead cold drunk eyes of Dorinda’s says it all 

This truly is the face of evil and it is completely freaking me out

• Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, amarante said:

We see this phenomenon again and again so I imagine there is a kind of person who is so used to lying without anyone ever refuting it that they don't even realize they are lying. It is really the only thing that can explain it.

It’s classic behavior of an addict to lie to themselves so much that they believe the lie and then it’s easier to tell it to others. I have a dear friend in a battle with addiction — he still can never say out loud that he has been kicked out of sober living several times. It always “just didn’t work out”, “wasn’t a good fit,” not “I came home drunk after curfew” or “they found drugs in my room.” You know what I mean?

As dark as the last half was, we did get our moments of levity.

EVA: I’m gonna break stereotypes. Black people can swim! Black people swim. You know who doesn’t swim? White women with weaves.

(Smash cut to Taylor laughing and only putting her feet in the pool)

• Love 10
On 7/7/2022 at 8:26 PM, skyedeveraux said:

I don’t get Taylor’s cold and freezer burnt beef with Brandi. Girl we ,the tv land people, saw what happened…….a decade ago AND we also saw Brandi and Adrienne talk and reconcile their difference and apologize years later and move on. The word thirsty is being thrown out a lot this episode but Taylor is damn near dehydrated and weathered. So dumb. Maybe I’m irritated because I’m on Brandi’s side!!

Dorinda is what we call a revist historian. She can’t remember anything about a damn thing but spouts slurred mouth diarrhea like it’s the gospel truth .  Put the martini down, pick your phone up and call a professional, girl you need mental counseling.   

Talor claimed Adrienne was Kennedy's Godmother. That wasn't true. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
On 7/7/2022 at 11:25 AM, thesupremediva1 said:

Jill, on the other hand - I miss her. If her worst crime is thirstiness, she's still a good HW fit. 

I actually don't think she's a good fit for what the show has now become, though I wouldn't mind seeing her again.  Maybe on the "OG" version of RHONY that Peacock has planned? 

The montage of everyone calling her thirsty was the highlight of the episode for me.  "Even Jill says she's thirsty!"  Hee.  

• Love 2
On 7/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I will be the first to admit I loved RHUGT Season 1.  I've said it all over this place.  That season actually made me SMILE through EPISODES.  However, I am not even enjoying this season.

I loved season 1 too!  And I felt like this season was fun at first but it's devolved into a bunch of women who don't particularly like each other or want to be there, shuddering under Dorinda's iron fist.  

• Like 1
  • Love 6
On 7/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

By the way, I don't know if this is appropriate here, but I'm not sure where to put it.  Does Tamra have a bad history?  I am really liking her on this show but if I find out she has a bad history on her franchise that would suck.  (Not that I was liking Brandi here at all, but wow does that change my opinion of her.)

Tamra is absolutely awful.  At one point she conspired with her adult son to get another cast member, Gretchen, "naked wasted" in order to embarrass Gretchen and also possibly so that her son could sexually assault Gretchen.  It was beyond fucked up and shockingly it wasn't what got her fired.  

On 7/7/2022 at 7:36 PM, Baltimore Betty said:

Are these eight days sort of a Ground Hog Day meets Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Obviously Dorinda is Elizabeth Taylor's Martha and the others take turns playing Richard Burton's George while the others are a group of Honey and Nick. Everyday.

Someone needs to explain to them "Never mix, never worry." 

• Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

If Dorinda is so adamant that she's "on pause," why did she agree to go on a show where "EX-wives" is part of the title and character criteria? To me, "ex-" clearly means over. Done with. Fini. 

Edited by CharlizeCat
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, Dixie Sugarbaker said:

i can now see why Andy told Dorinda she was put on pause - if he told her she was fired she probably would have cut him. Nasty drunk!

Maybe Andy hoped that by telling Dorinda she was on pause instead of being that fired, she'd focus on getting her act together. Unfortunately, she seems even worse now. I don't follow her on social media, does she have a good circle of friends or has she alienated everyone with her acid tongue?

On 7/7/2022 at 4:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I will be the first to admit I loved RHUGT Season 1.  I've said it all over this place.  That season actually made me SMILE through EPISODES.

Me too. It was light & fun and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  This season is like the polar opposite. The reason I stopped watching most of the HW franchises is due to all the fighting. This was billed as an "Ultimate Girls Trip", it's supposed to be a vacation but it feels more like torture. Combination of bad casting and terrible location.

• Love 5

There were some interesting little morsels hidden in this episode. 

1. Jill pronounces RHONY “rony” (as in, rhymes with pony). I mean, *I* do that but I didn’t know people on the show did it too. 

2. Jill was mentioning possibly dating her current boyfriend while she was AT BOBBY’S FUNERAL?! Whaaaa? How did this not get more play in the episode than it did? 

3. I would watch a whole episode dedicated to them asking each other about random shit from their respective franchises (like Vicki and the threesome). Maybe I’m not the target audience for this show though…. Although if RHW superfans aren’t the target audience, who IS?? 

• Love 9

I was married for 22 years when my husband died at 52 of cancer; my daughter was 14 at the time.

So when she uses the Richard died excuse, I want to throttle her.  She uses death as a weapon, as an excuse for being a haggard old drunk.  I know people that actually have lost children and don't act like that.  So really, fuck her.

• Hugs 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 14

Won't happen obviously, but how I wish that during the last episode of this s*** show, that the group holds an intervention for Dorinda. Bring in some ladies from RHoNY as well to add their two cents. Like Sonja and Bethenny. I think it would be too much for Tinsley. 

I thought I would never see the day when there was somebody who could actually out "nasty" Vicky and Tamra. I think it will be "last man standing" between Brandi and Dorinda. 

• Love 9
21 hours ago, ladle said:

There were some interesting little morsels hidden in this episode. 

2. Jill was mentioning possibly dating her current boyfriend while she was AT BOBBY’S FUNERAL?! Whaaaa? How did this not get more play in the episode than it did? 

At what point was this said in the episode? 

• Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

That was when all the women were all together at the dinner table at that sad lonely restaurant.

Dorinda brought it up.  

And Jill didn’t deny it! She said something like, “doesn’t matter if it’s true, it’s not nice of you to repeat.” 

• Mind Blown 2
  • Love 8

Boy o boy! 
I used to like Dorinda, but her resentment about what has happened in her life is really erupting from her core. Alcohol as pain medicine is not working… it’s bringing out all that resentment and she aims it at anyone she has an issue with.

Dorinda saying she did not want to be told why she was paused fired was quite telling, as she knows damn well it was for her drunkenness and her bullying behaviour, especially toward Tinkerbell Tinsley. Classic addict avoidance.

I’m so disappointed with her. I want her to make it nice and be fun and light, but no… we get this dark dark miserable drunk who has no empathy for anyone because she’s so miserable about herself.

• Applause 1
  • Love 9

You summed up Dorinda Medley perfectly. It's too bad that she is going to spend the rest of her life being bitter and miserable about how her life turned out and projecting all of the anger that she has on those around her. You are correct about the alcohol. She needs a different medicine.

• Like 2
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, QQQQ said:

At what point was this said in the episode? 

I think Dorinda or someone IMPLIED she was dating Gary.  I took away that Gary had been a family friend at the time and he and Jill started dating after the funeral and sufficient time had passed.  And also - I don't give a frappe if Jill invited Bravo to film outside of Bobby's funeral.  Bobby was a much loved member of the cast and I for one was very sad to hear of his passing.  And a chance to see a Bethenney/Jill reconciliation.  I have a feeling if Jill or her assistant had not reached out first that Cohen would have contacted her himself.   

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15

I think it's a real shame about Dorinda. I liked her when she first came on RHoHY. She either hid her alcoholism well during those first seasons or something unfolded over the years to really trigger her to dig herself in deeper. I thought she had a lot of potential and was interested to see how she was going to reinvent herself and push on. Well she reinvented herself alright and not in a good way.

Love or hate Ramona ... at least she dusted herself off and is moving on after her divorce. We might not always agree with her choices, but at least she's not wallowing in self-pity. Happy she went into real estate. Do I care to watch it on TV? Probably not, but it would be better than watching Dorinda drunkenly berate people. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 18

I thought it was pretty interesting when Dorinda announced either this episode or the one prior about how they were day drinking because everyone needed to loosen up after all that tension or something like that.  When she was giving the talking head, it looked like she was shaking a bit too -- like she was going through withdrawals.

She'll use any excuse to get people around her to drink with her.  I suspect one of the reasons she's upset with Jill is she doesn't drink.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 7/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, Boo Boo said:

I thought it was pretty interesting when Dorinda announced either this episode or the one prior about how they were day drinking because everyone needed to loosen up after all that tension or something like that.  When she was giving the talking head, it looked like she was shaking a bit too -- like she was going through withdrawals.

She'll use any excuse to get people around her to drink with her.  I suspect one of the reasons she's upset with Jill is she doesn't drink.

I think you nailed it.  Jill did the smart thing when she stopped arguing since Dorinda was so drunk.  There was no benefit in continuing the discussion.  With the others, Dorinda can claim they too were inebriated so their memories are faulty.  Jill is not drunk and remembers everything that was said. 

As far as Bobby's funeral, I can see Jill inviting Bravo to film outside to see the housewives coming in.  I also believe Jill sincerely loved Bawby. Dorinda was suggesting that she did not and that Jill was happy to move on quickly after Bobby's death or had even potentially done so prior to his death.  That is a very low blow. It could as well been that Jill mentioned that Gary (I think that's his name) had been very supportive during Bobby's illness, and pickled-brain Dorinda turned that into a whole other thing. 

I can also imagine that Bethany reached out about filming and Jill or her assistant agreed to it.  The assistant then sent a note to Bravo.  None of this lessens Jill's grief over Bobby's death. They are all addicted to the fame. Dorinda is still milking her husband's death.  I am happy for Jill that she has found someone with whom she is happy.  

• Like 1
  • Love 17
(edited)
15 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I think you nailed it.  Jill did the smart thing when she stopped arguing since Dorinda was so drunk.  There was no benefit in continuing the discussion.  With the others, Dorinda can claim they too were inebriated so their memories are faulty.  Jill is not drunk and remembers everything that was said. 

As far as Bobby's funeral, I can see Jill inviting Bravo to film outside to see the housewives coming in.  I also believe Jill sincerely loved Bawby. Dorinda was suggesting that she did not and that Jill was happy to move on quickly after Bobby's death or had even potentially doe so prior to his death.  That is a very low blow. It could as well been that Jill mentioned that Gary (I think that's his name) had been very supportive during Bobby's illness, and pickled-brain Dorinda turned that into a whole other thing. 

I can also imagine that Bethany reached out about filming and Jill or her assistant agreed to it.  The assistant then sent a note to Bravo.  None of this lessens Jill's grief over Bobby's death. They are all addicted to the fame. Dorinda is still milking her husband's death.  I am happy for Jill that she has found someone with whom she is happy.  

Exactly!

I also agree that Jill loved Bobby.  

And as a cancer victim's wife, I can actually understand why Jill was talking about possibility of dating Gary even as you're laying your loved one to rest.  After watching someone suffer for so long, you want someone to make you feel alive again.  For me, I didn't date until a year after his death but I can understand why after a long marriage and a lengthy death process someone would feel lost and hope that another person could offer some comfort.  

One thing you lose when the person dies is shared memories.  So to me it makes sense that Jill would be considering dating someone she has known for a while because they've had shared experiences.  

The cancer/death process tends to be fairly slow -- it's not like someone dropped dead of a heart attack and you had zero warning.  You're basically mourning the terminal patient while they are alive.

It was definitely a low blow from Dorinda.  And it's laughable that she's talking about thirst when it's obvious that Dorinda is as thirsty if not more so.

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Hugs 5
  • Love 17
52 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I also believe Jill sincerely loved Bawby.

I do too - go back and look at her talking heads when she talks about how great Bobby was to her daughter and how he was always indulging her.  And bless him, Bobby really loved her.  And for a witch like Dorinda to imply otherwise is just another side to her nasty personality.  

• Applause 1
  • Love 15

I think there was another point in the episode when Dorinda made a throwaway comment about Jill dating Gary three weeks after Bobby died.  But the one I was referring to was at dinner.  

I went back and watched.  I got it slightly wrong; Dorinda didn't say it was at the funeral, but rather the next day.  Here's what was said:

BRANDI, to DORINDA: "Okay I have to say something.  Alright, so you came into Phaedra's room and dropped a bomb about Bobby's funeral and left."

DORINDA: "What's the Bobby's funeral?"

BRANDI: "Bobby's funeral is her ex husband?"

DORINDA: "I said..."

JILL: "You said last night..."

DORINDA: "I said I was there the day after and you were talking about Gary. [to Jill] Is that not true?"

JILL: "Whether it's true or not I don't think it's a nice thing to say."

DORINDA: "But you were! You said, 'He's a friend of mine.  And I know it's difficult.' Live by your truth, Jill." 

Anyhoodle, hopefully what we can all take away from this -- if we didn't know already -- is never tell Dorinda anything in confidence, even in a moment of grief.  My lord, there is something so wrong with this woman when I've started to feel bad for Vicki and Tamra and see Jill as a voice of reason.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 18
(edited)

Bottom line, Dorinda's extremely jealous of Jill's happiness. She resents her ability to move on and find love again so she's trying to make Jill look bad. It's not working. Jill & Bobby were a great couple and we saw how she stood by his side during his prolonged illness. Happy to see that she's found love again. May we all be as lucky.

Boo Boo, I agree, notice that she just sold her NYC apartment

Edited by snarts
In response to Boo Boo's post
  • Love 20
12 minutes ago, snarts said:

Bottom line, Dorinda's extremely jealous of Jill's happiness. She resents her ability to move on and find love again so she's trying to make Jill look bad. It's not working. Jill & Bobby were a great couple and we saw how she stood by his side during his prolonged illness. Happy to see that she's found love again. May we all be as lucky.

I also would not be surprised if Dorinda is living far beyond her means. I'm sure Richard left her some money, but the Berkshires house, upkeep, taxes has to be high.  Does Dorinda have any other real source of income other than HWs-related stuff?  Does she make a lot of money off her slogans?  Cameo?  IG?  The one season where she had all of the renovations on BSM, I thought for sure her money was running out and she was stressed over that.  

I could see Jill being far better with money than Dorinda.  I could see Dorinda drinking, drugging up her funds.

• Love 10

I wonder myself. If Dorinda was in real estate when she met Richard, it might have been a nice career for her to resume. That is, if she had her shit together, was sober, and was an overall nice person. She seems like she has the potential to hussle and be good at sales.

And obviously, she'd excel any job that requires ensuring that people follow instructions, plans, etc., to the letter! No exceptions. No changes. No "gray" areas.

Watching her nutter around BSM mumbling to herself was just pathetic (and sad.) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6

Last year she claimed to be getting back into selling real estate I think she was getting her license in Massachusetts, while Ramona was studying for a license in NY.  Who knows if she followed through. You have to stay sober and be pleasant to clients to be a success. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
22 hours ago, Boo Boo said:

I also would not be surprised if Dorinda is living far beyond her means. I'm sure Richard left her some money, but the Berkshires house, upkeep, taxes has to be high.

I would be unashamedly fascinated in knowing how she manages to keep Bluestone Manor afloat, financially.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

Maybe there was money left in some type of escrow account to pay the taxes on the estate. I have a feeling that Richard was very well off. I know that when he died Dorinda and Hannah had to move out of the town house and back to her small apartment when the estate was settled. All of this probably plays into her bitterness. I'm sure that he left money to his children but Dorinda probably made out pretty well. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Am I the only one who doesn't understand how Dorinda feels she's always right, and needs to micromanage what the ladies say about her or the Berkshires. She needs to stop being a raging drunk.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
On 7/11/2022 at 11:52 AM, Boo Boo said:

The one season where she had all of the renovations on BSM, I thought for sure her money was running out and she was stressed over that...

I believe her insurance $$ paid for the renos from the flood damage. She could sell a lot of the clutter inside for extra $$.

• Love 2
On 7/11/2022 at 11:36 AM, snarts said:

Bottom line, Dorinda's extremely jealous of Jill's happiness. She resents her ability to move on and find love again so she's trying to make Jill look bad. It's not working.

Dorinda calling Jill thirsty is hilarious because Dorinda is clearly the thirsty one. Jill has never not acknowledged she'd love to be back on Housewives. Meanwhile, every time I watch celebrity news, Dorinda is on as some "expert" talking head, when she's only experienced in living in the last.

• Love 8
On 7/11/2022 at 1:36 PM, snarts said:

Boo Boo, I agree, notice that she just sold her NYC apartment

I'm rewatching S7 of RHONY which aired from April to September 2015 (and probably filmed 6 months beforehand). In it, John and Dorinda discuss their 3-year anniversary. Richard died in November 2011. With all of the stones Dorinda throws, it's a good thing Blue Stone Manor isn't made of glass.

• Like 1
  • Useful 5
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 7/7/2022 at 1:58 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

But the thing is it was 9 years ago and had Zilch to do with Taylor… like Brandi said Adrian has moved on from it so why is it still Taylor’s business? If Adrian is now talking to and friendly with Brandi then Taylor needs to shut the hell up 

ITA. Rarely do I agree with Brandi, but this time I did. Taylor was drunk and wanted a TV moment. 

Why did they bleep out what Brandi said about Taylor’s husband? Didn’t she say he killed himself? Horrible but I didn’t think it was bleepable.

My Eva like is also fading. Don’t understand why she’s siding with bully Dorinda. I know Jill was taking the high road, but I wish she hadn’t apologized to Dorinda. Never apologize to the abuser. It will only reinforce the abuse!

This is difficult to watch. Dorinda is so mean it’s not fun. She is drunk, obnoxious and arrogant. Even when she’s sober in the THs, she’s still insufferable. 

Taylor has one of the worst weaves I’ve seen on a housewife. 

One bright spot: I like that they are breaking the fourth wall and talking up the show. They don’t usually do that. 

Ok, maybe it’s not a bright spot, but it’s at least somewhat interesting to me. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

I believe her insurance $$ paid for the renos from the flood damage. She could sell a lot of the clutter inside for extra $$.

Depends.  A lot of insurance policies don't pay for flooding or it is exorbitantly expensive. 

And if it did, her insurance rates probably just went up.

The way she was so stressed about the renovations made me think she was paying for it.  

Edited by Boo Boo
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Was this the episode where Dorinda patted herself on the back for basically giving Eva a bandaid when she broke a nail and it started bleeding?  Something like she's a great host, great mom, great lover, great cook and oh, I'm basically a Dr. 

This is the problem with Dorinda: she thinks she's the expert on all things, the best at all things.  No humility.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, QQQQ said:

I'm rewatching S7 of RHONY which aired from April to September 2015 (and probably filmed 6 months beforehand). In it, John and Dorinda discuss their 3-year anniversary. Richard died in November 2011. With all of the stones Dorinda throws, it's a good thing Blue Stone Manor isn't made of glass.

Considering Dorinda’s love for Richard it didn’t seem as though she waited all that long before dating John.  I remember Dorinda telling someone that she use to cry to John about Richard and he would comfort her.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/13/2022 at 11:42 PM, QQQQ said:

I ewish they did a reunion for the Ultimate Girls' Trip and Andy would ask Dorinda about this.

Edited by Glama
  • Love 2
On 7/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, DeeplyShallow said:

And her need to nap was verbalized by her and well documented on RHONY too.

I want someone to go toe to toe with her. I hate how they all back down to keep the peace. Fuck Dorinda.

Her brain must be pickled. Not only is there footage of her taking naps, but she talked about it in an interview. I don’t remember the publication but she said she changes into her pjs for the nap. I remembered because I thought it was a little weird. 

I really hope they don’t bring her back for the legacy NY show. If they do, I won’t watch.

I don’t like her but one person who can hold her own with Dorinda is Bethenny. She’s not afraid of her and is smarter and more quick-witted. 

Something about Jill’s version of the funeral was off. However, Dorinda should’ve left it alone and not tried to humiliate Jill. This is the thing with Dorinda. She’s a mean drunk who looks for fights. She’s not much different than the proverbial drunk guy in a bar mouthing off to someone because he wants to vent his aggression. She doesn’t get physical, but she eviscerates the other HWs with her nasty mouth.

She has no decency and unlike a lot of drunks, no remorse the next day. Much of what she does probably occurs when she’s blackout drunk, so she probably doesn’t remember all of it. That’s no excuse though. She can talk to people and later watch the episode. I think she’s a classic narcissist even when sober. Alcohol just fuels her manipulative, cruel behavior. 

Agree that she’s turned her relationship with Richard into Camelot. Instead it sounds like it was a six-year marriage between two people who drank a lot, and one of them probably died as a result of alcohol-abuse.

When you see strong personalities like Vicki and Jill backing off and agreeing with Dorinda to make peace, you know it’s bad. Imagine all the footage we didn’t see!

• Applause 2
  • Love 4
On 7/8/2022 at 5:20 PM, ichbin said:

The narcissists in my life do it when gaslighting.  Even when confronted with hard, irrefutable evidence to the contrary they will continue to deny it until you think that you are the crazy one.  Driven by fragile but very needy egos.  

So true! Missed this show the first time around and, as I watch it now, keep thinking that Dorinda turns to the tactics of narcissists whenever her ego is threatened.

Handy list: https://thoughtcatalog.com/shahida-arabi/2016/06/20-diversion-tactics-highly-manipulative-narcissists-sociopaths-and-psychopaths-use-to-silence-you/

• Applause 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Hmmmm. Ben and Ron theorize that Brandi is most comfortable when others are angry at her. They have such a brilliant understanding of human behavior.

That’s really interesting - maybe a default that keeps her in a familiar place.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Right? If that’s what she experienced most often in her childhood, it’s familiar and what she knows. So she seeks it out. 

Well, she is a middle child (haha, so am I) - her way to get attention? From wikipedia:

Glanville was born in Salinas, California[2] and raised in Sacramento, California as the middle child of Judith (née Swinehart) and Guy Glanville. She has said her father grew marijuana, and she would sell it as she got older, admitting on Celebrity Big Brother that with her siblings, older sister Tricia, and younger brother Michael, she had blackmailed her father in order to obtain money.[3] Her father worked three jobs to support the family, such as working at a grocery store and gas station. Her mother worked as a housekeeper.[4]She attended Willow Rancho Baptist School and Gloria Dei Luther and graduated from John F. Kennedy High School.[4]

• Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1