Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: Great Ex-pectations

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Lassus said:

Did you train the old age out of them?  😉

Well, he's 10 and so far so good. My dog before him lived to 18 yrs old. He only lost control of his bowels the last year of his life. Totally understandable. Patricia's dogs are not that old. 

• Love 2

Yes! And with all the money these Southern Charmers have, why can't Katherine afford smudge proof, stain proof, bj proof lipstick. Did she buy it at Dollar General?

Why, she bought expensive makeup.  It just slid off that plastic face.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, chlban said:

They were vile to each other at the reunion, and the last couple of episodes of last season, which I watched yesterday before the Premiere. Madison is a nasty piece of work but Austen is a complete waste of space. Chelsea lost me when she started seeing him. I get that Craig is really handsome and Shep has significant family money, but Austen? Why?

I agree with everything you said previously to this post.  Plus this one.  They all left when the pandemic started, then left all strings hanging.  The show should have started with explaining what was up now.  Who is with who, who broke up, who left.  Dani looks sickly and a nervous wreck.  She doesn’t look healthy.  Is Katherine on drugs again, or just drinking?  Did she lose the kids?  Her new face is horrible.  The boys are jealous of Craig imo.  He’s making money while enjoying his job.  Why doesn’t Shep shit or get off the pot already?  He’s 42.  Who is Madison engaged to anyhow .. Austin?  She is bad news imo.  Actually, maybe I missed a few of last seasons shows before the pandemic.  Think I will go back n see.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Well, he's 10 and so far so good. My dog before him lived to 18 yrs old. He only lost control of his bowels the last year of his life. Totally understandable. Patricia's dogs are not that old. 

Speaking of, we lost our Grand dog “Tank” a black lab today.  He was 16 and his femur bone stuck out of his body.  He never complained as old age got to him lately.  I came on here to stop crying.  We dog sat him and his sister, who died two yrs ago.  My son in law came home from Iraq and the next day went upstate to buy them.😪😪  RIP Tank & Lucy.

• Hugs 6
  • Sad 16
9 hours ago, snarts said:

Some may want to watch/re-watch last season. Austen/Madison broke up and we had to watch the ensuing drama play out all season. Cameran (& Chelsea) weren't in it, as they both left after season 6.

Danni?  Was she at the party & I missed her?  Thought I read she also left the show after last season, and she's no longer listed as a cast member.  Also, Marcie Hobbs????

I think you are right about Dani.  I was watching all the re runs all week and got confused.  I don’t think she ever had her own story line.  I didn’t see her last night actually.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

How does one know this to be true?

I saw her on an interview with Andy.  Don’t ask me where.  She said she was talked about being a complainer about the hardships of motherhood.  Viewers wrote in she was being spoiled and selfish having only one kid.  They said she constantly complained while having only one kid, didn’t have to work, had a beautiful house, and had money.

• Applause 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Naomie still thinks she’s all that. “Yea, I was cool in high school.” Dork. Bravo should have never invited her back, her arrogant attitude when she left, thinking she was on her way to   an elite life with Dr. Metul, lol. I’m glad she got “humbled” after how nasty she always was to Craig. 

Her trying to act like she and Craig had a grand love affair-laughable. She clearly used him to get on TV. As I recall she wouldn’t give him the time of day in college but suddenly was interested when he landed on Bravo. It’s pretty hard to buy that they hooked up in Vegas. Why would Craig go backwards with the likes of her? 

Craig and Paige also seem TV scripted, sorry. I do think Shep and Taylor are legit-and very cute together.

I do not believe at ALL that Kathryn and Chleb are (were) a real couple. “I love you Roomie.” Oopsie-the platonic nature slipped out, lol. Let’s all be real: she grabbed onto Chleb so no one could call her racist after her monkey emoji debacle. Come on now. 

There is nothing organic about this show anymore sadly. 

Leva-insufferable. Godawful. 
Pringle-kind of nonentity now. But seems chill/decent. 
Madison-sociopathic, self important bitch

Austen-same old. I don’t hate him though. 
Whitney-hilarious. I loved when Pat rang her bell and he’s muttering, “Jesus Christ, ringing that bell…”. Hahaha! 

I miss Seasons 1-4, sigh….

Edited by Sage47
  • Applause 1
  • Love 15
(edited)
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I saw her on an interview with Andy.  Don’t ask me where.  She said she was talked about being a complainer about the hardships of motherhood.  Viewers wrote in she was being spoiled and selfish having only one kid.  They said she constantly complained while having only one kid, didn’t have to work, had a beautiful house, and had money.

So it is known that 'Cameran hasn't really embraced motherhood' because viewers say so?  That makes no sense.  I know plenty of women who have embraced motherhood while simultaneously complaining about it ad nauseum.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • Applause 2
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

So it is known that 'Cameran hasn't really embraced motherhood' because viewers say so?  That makes no sense.  I know plenty of women who have embraced motherhood while simultaneously complaining about it ad nauseum.

She said it bothered her that she was portrayed like that.

• Mind Blown 1
  • Love 2

Did I miss something I didn’t see Dani at all. Pringle said hi to Madison there was nothing about them being a couple. I thought Shep was still with the same girl as last season. I feel like I watched a different show then some ppl lol.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 16

I thought I heard that Danni wasn't coming back. I never heard anything about Madison and Pringle. In the previews, she flashed a good size rock, so she gets engaged to *somebody.* 

Good lord, Kathryn gets worse every season. 

• Love 9
On 6/23/2022 at 8:34 PM, MrBuhBye said:

It’s almost like Jennifer Grey where her face is unrecognizable. Naomie always complained about Craig’s lack of ambition so of course now that he is successful and her doctor beau turned out to be a cheater she is suddenly interested again.

I thought Jennifer Grey looked terrific after her nose job.  She had a short lived sitcom when she was in her 30s or so. 

Naomie is suppose to have a ton of family money and apparently did great with something involving the family business.  She had a fridge full of Veuve Cliquots.

So why would she put herself out there again to be on a sleazy reality TV show?  But her judgement in men may reflect poor decision-making all around.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I agree with everything you said previously to this post.  Plus this one.  They all left when the pandemic started, then left all strings hanging.  The show should have started with explaining what was up now.  Who is with who, who broke up, who left.  Dani looks sickly and a nervous wreck.  She doesn’t look healthy.  Is Katherine on drugs again, or just drinking?  Did she lose the kids?  Her new face is horrible.  The boys are jealous of Craig imo.  He’s making money while enjoying his job.  Why doesn’t Shep shit or get off the pot already?  He’s 42.  Who is Madison engaged to anyhow .. Austin?  She is bad news imo.  Actually, maybe I missed a few of last seasons shows before the pandemic.  Think I will go back n see.

Yeah it's as if the pandemic never happened now, compared to last season.

They're hugging it out.  And Shep goes over to Olivia's home and hugs her parents.  They are probably near or over a vulnerable age.

Patricia could be vulnerable if the cast pays her a visit and hug her too.

Only the caterers at the party were masked.  TV shows will never allow people to mask on camera.

On top of it, they filmed everything indoors, even though it looked gorgeous outside in several of the scenes.

Anyways they went back to the old formula.  The fight with K and Naomie is vintage SC, vintage Bravo, all scripted.  You could see the camera follow Kathryn as she walked towards Naomie.  That was on a dolly or some contraption to show a smooth motion as the camera trailed behind and to the side of her, so it was set up in advance, meaning the little confrontation was already planned by the filming crew and cast and producers, not some spontaneous little outburst.

• Love 6

Did Katheryn do something to her face, something looks different.  I wish she would not wear the spandex pants so much, it is not flattering to her butt at all.

Cheleb (Katheryn's boyfriend), has elfin ears.

Another Roaring 20's party, these women must have a closet full of flapper dresses by now.

I am still confused as to which is Madison and which is Naomi...frankly I can never tell one blonde from another, this has been since season one and I don't care since it makes no matter to the story lines, they are all pissed at each other for one reason or another.

Shep and the boys are still the Peter Pan Society.

I was reading about how Rainbow Row in Charleston became the colorful row of houses we see today and low and behold the person behind the preservation from 100 years ago was someone named Susan Pringle Frost, she has to be a relative of our current day Pringle, he really does have lineage. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, aghst said:

They're hugging it out.  And Shep goes over to Olivia's home and hugs her parents.  They are probably near or over a vulnerable age.

Only the caterers at the party were masked.  TV shows will never allow people to mask on camera.

On top of it, they filmed everything indoors, even though it looked gorgeous outside in several of the scenes.

Anyways they went back to the old formula.  The fight with K and Naomie is vintage SC, vintage Bravo, all scripted.  You could see the camera follow Kathryn as she walked towards Naomie.  That was on a dolly or some contraption to show a smooth motion as the camera trailed behind and to the side of her, so it was set up in advance, meaning the little confrontation was already planned by the filming crew and cast and producers, not some spontaneous little outburst.

So, Thomas the butler is out.  With all Patricia’s money, she couldn’t find someone ASAP?  Whitney has to clean up after the dogs?  Patricia is practically the only one I’m interested in.  I love looking at her furnishings and the way her tables are set for Company.  Her China is to die for .. little things from all over the world.  After I saw them eating the artichokes, I made my husband go get me one.  $7 for one .. who cares? I ate it on a paper plate in my living room while watching SC.  Classy .. NOT.  Patricia was originally from New York, like me.  Then she turned Southern where she is Queen.  I love her and her antics .. she makes great t.v.  She is the only one who seems real.  The others are scripted.  Katherine was playing a role, and she wasn’t good at it .. too scripted and fake.  I miss Cameron as she had good one liners, and kept the boys in line, like a Mother hen.  I don’t care for Madison ;  she’s a man eater.  Now I’m wondering whose wedding they are getting ready for.  I’m just very happy for Craig.  They all thought he was a loser.  Look at him now.  Karma is a Bitch.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Did Katheryn do something to her face, something looks different.  I wish she would not wear the spandex pants so much, it is not flattering to her butt at all.

Cheleb (Katheryn's boyfriend), has elfin ears.

I am still confused as to which is Madison and which is Naomi...frankly I can never tell one blonde from another, this has been since season one and I don't care since it makes no matter to the story lines, they are all pissed at each other for one reason or another.

Kathryn looked really bad in this episode. The platinum hair and plastic looking face ages her. 

All of the blondes do blend together-Olivia too. Her parents going on about Austen’s skull shoes, wow. I mean, really?  As if Austen looks like some hard ass guy who is a threat to their daughter. 😂 That was so dumb. 

Madison with her shit eating grin. She is one creepy chick, good luck to her fiancé. Austen still gets excited around her even though she calls him “Muppet Mouth” every chance she gets? I wish he would level her with a deeply personal insult on national TV-then again, it wouldn’t affect her. She’s cold as ice. She used him just like Naomie used Craig. 

Madison sees a weak link (like Danni, in the past) and goes for the jugular. The worst kind of person. 

• Like 1
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, Sage47 said:

Kathryn looked really bad in this episode. The platinum hair and plastic looking face ages her. 

All of the blondes do blend together-Olivia too. Her parents going on about Austen’s skull shoes, wow. I mean, really?  As if Austen looks like some hard ass guy who is a threat to their daughter. 😂 That was so dumb. 

Madison with her shit eating grin. She is one creepy chick, good luck to her fiancé. Austen still gets excited around her even though she calls him “Muppet Mouth” every chance she gets? I wish he would level her with a deeply personal insult on national TV-then again, it wouldn’t affect her. She’s cold as ice. She used him just like Naomie used Craig. 

Madison sees a weak link (like Danni, in the past) and goes for the jugular. The worst kind of person. 

Madison is good for a one night stand, that’s it.  She’s a viper with tha t big mouth of hers.  Good for a quicky, but not marriage material for any decent man.  Austin is a baby, and another blabbermouth for a guy.  Wish both would leave.  They should take Leva with them.  Now new face Naomi is back.  Another pain in the ass.  If wishes came true, the old first cast made the show.  How long until Shep gets married?  Unfortunately, that whole crew of guys are still in the childish age.  When they film in New York with Andy, they look like shit the next day on camera.  Craig looked wasted on Watch What Happens.  Couldn’t keep his eyes open, and his hair was all messed up.  Bunch of Frat Boys.  Never grow up.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Then she turned Southern

Well, southerners will debate whether anyone can "turn Southern."

Every year I tune in for the first episode, hoping for the magic of the first season, and every year I'm disappointed.

The frat boys look bloated and greasy.

The women look hard and over-processed. The amount of makeup they wear makes them look like they forgot to wash their faces.

It's hard to bring loud drama when one is stoned. Kathryn can barely function. I don't think that's her real home. Off-season she is often photographed going in and out of routine garden-style apartment complexes. At one point there was a video of the three times she smacked into cars while attempting to park or leave a parking lot. I think she had the children in the car for at least one of those.

Oh, and Chleb is a producer plant to try to rectify Kathryn's reputation after her racist tweets. She treats him like staff and there is zero chemistry between them.

There's an uncomfortable whiff of tokenism in many of the scenes.

The editing is lousy; the editors aren't even trying to do a good job. Kathryn's face had almost-black lipstick, deep berry lipstick, and light pink lipstick, all at her party. I think the reddish skin around her mouth was caused by using tretinoin (Retin-A) on her skin. One has to slowly adapt facial skin to it.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 7
(edited)
35 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Well, southerners will debate whether anyone can "turn Southern."

Every year I tune in for the first episode, hoping for the magic of the first season, and every year I'm disappointed.

The frat boys look bloated and greasy.

The women look hard and over-processed. The amount of makeup they wear makes them look like they forgot to wash their faces.

It's hard to bring loud drama when one is stoned. Kathryn can barely function. I don't think that's her real home. Off-season she is often photographed going in and out of routine garden-style apartment complexes. At one point there was a video of the three times she smacked into cars while attempting to park or leave a parking lot. I think she had the children in the car for at least one of those. Oh, and Chleb is a producer plant to try to rectify Kathryn's reputation after her racist tweets. She treats him like staff and there is zero chemistry between them.

The editing is lousy; the editors aren't even trying to do a good job.

You are absolutely right on all counts.  It’s a shame, as I once loved this show and always look forward to seeing everything that is Charleston.  So much history there.  Lots of people here up North are moving South for many reasons.  I just hope the show turns for the better. 😀Seems they are just throwing things around without much thought.  Viewers are not stupid.  We need to know what’s really going on with everyone.  Katherine’s acting is not good.  

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, aghst said:

To be fair, it's Kathryn. Did production encourage a confrontation, sure, most likely. But, it's not like it would take much. Look back at all the scenes she has caused. She is a narcissist and Drama Queen. She was planning for a fight all the time she was babbling about "a clean slate". I just do not get why the guys continue to coddle her. Not sure what to make of the boyfriend. Still haven't decided on him or Olivia. At this point, I wonder if these new hook ups are based on a real attraction or someone just wanting to get on TV.  Jury still out on Venita as well. That was my grandmother's name, only she spelled it Vinita, very unusual name. As for Craig and Paige, I think that is a true TV only romance. There is zero chemistry there and sure, they are doing great with their long distance romance, because neither one really gives a damn what the other does. Totally not buying that one.

Edited by chlban
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

You are absolutely right on all counts.  It’s a shame, as I once loved this show and always look forward to seeing everything that is Charleston.  So much history there.  Lots of people here up North are moving South for many reasons.  I just hope the show turns for the better. 😀

Same, my favorite BRAVO show ever, the first couple of seasons. I still enjoy the scenery and the houses. Still like Patricia, but I miss Michael. Sigh, it us just not the same, but I am in. I made it through RHONJ, so this is at least an improvement on that.

• Love 6
On 6/24/2022 at 4:55 AM, Lassus said:

I wonder if BRAVO has ever considered a reality show with friends who actually liked each other?

They had it with Southern Charm NOLA.  I liked them all a lot better than this group.

I don’t get Chleb and Kathryn at all.  What do they have in common?  Chleb seems like an adult?  Where’s Mikey because someone needed to be there to touch up Kathryn’s makeup especially since she was peeling.

I don’t understand the point of Austen.  He is just not interesting to me.  Shep and Whitney are both too old for this.  Shep and Austen acting like schoolgirls over Craig is ridiculous.  Good for Craig for drawing boundaries with them.

I miss Cheltsie too!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, For Cereals said:

They had it with Southern Charm NOLA.  I liked them all a lot better than this group.

I am so disappointed they didn't bring NOLA back. Not only were they really friends but the guys, with one possible exception, seemed like actual adults. It was such a contrast to the Peter Pan's in this group. Still, I won't deny, I loved SC the first couple of seasons. Maybe there is just a time limit on how long you can watch man boys that refuse to grow up? Not sure, but it is not as fun. Still hopeful though.

• Love 7

Katherine royally screwed up her life with cocaine, Adderall and alcohol, and now is ruining her face with retinol. She looked ridiculous as her foundation wore off and no one told her, because, well its funny. Her poor BF, I am glad he left her. I read somewhere she was squatting in their apt/condo for awhile alone, and was eventually evicted. She is not fun to watch, and I don' t understand why Bravo rewards her with a check that she spends on drugs.

Craig getting the hero edit is kind of funny after being the "loser" season after season. I do think he enjoys the "3 Bravo check gig" and attention, so Paige is more attractive to him as a partner. Paige can be cute, but as the years have gone on she has become incredibly smug. At the recent Summer House reunion she acted like a complete snide hostile idiot. I loved Craig's store, though, and am happy he got something together professionally.

Naomi looks stupid, as someone said, she looks like Gia Guidice, which means plastic. She left SC thumbing the gang as she rode off with her "prize," a man who food shamed her while cheating on her. Now she comes crawling back to SC, regalling how popular she was in High School? Those that peaked in HS will always have a sad life. I believe she hooked up with Craig in an attempt to have a story line. I am glad Craig is not taking the bait.

Shep and Austin are boring bloated old men. Shep may be with Taylor for two years, but somehow it seems that happened mainly because he's old now and not scoring at the bars. He just doesn't genuinely seem into her.

Whitney at Mommy's beck and call was funny, albeit it obviously scripted. I have always found him entertaining, but it would be nice if he could just be real and come "out." He's obviously a gay man.

I did not notice Danny on this show as someone mentioned, but she is a mere whisp of a woman and perhaps blended into the wallpaper.

And Leva. Just no. Such a fame whore. She had tons of body work done (look it up) and is obviously feeling herself. Yet after her pontificating and lecturing us her first season, she just annoys me. 

I will be just shy of hate watching this season. This show  should be put in the can soon. The cast is not interesting, its just a group of aging drunks trying to one up one another. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Katherine royally screwed up her life with cocaine, Adderall and alcohol, and now is ruining her face with retinol. She looked ridiculous as her foundation wore off and no one told her, because, well its funny. Her poor BF, I am glad he left her. I read somewhere she was squatting in their apt/condo for awhile alone, and was eventually evicted. She is not fun to watch, and I don' t understand why Bravo rewards her with a check that she spends on drugs.

Craig getting the hero edit is kind of funny after being the "loser" season after season. I do think he enjoys the "3 Bravo check gig" and attention, so Paige is more attractive to him as a partner. Paige can be cute, but as the years have gone on she has become incredibly smug. At the recent Summer House reunion she acted like a complete snide hostile idiot. I loved Craig's store, though, and am happy he got something together professionally.

Naomi looks stupid, as someone said, she looks like Gia Guidice, which means plastic. She left SC thumbing the gang as she rode off with her "prize," a man who food shamed her while cheating on her. Now she comes crawling back to SC, regalling how popular she was in High School? Those that peaked in HS will always have a sad life. I believe she hooked up with Craig in an attempt to have a story line. I am glad Craig is not taking the bait.

Shep and Austin are boring bloated old men. Shep may be with Taylor for two years, but somehow it seems that happened mainly because he's old now and not scoring at the bars. He just doesn't genuinely seem into her.

Whitney at Mommy's beck and call was funny, albeit it obviously scripted. I have always found him entertaining, but it would be nice if he could just be real and come "out." He's obviously a gay man.

I did not notice Danny on this show as someone mentioned, but she is a mere whisp of a woman and perhaps blended into the wallpaper.

And Leva. Just no. Such a fame whore. She had tons of body work done (look it up) and is obviously feeling herself. Yet after her pontificating and lecturing us her first season, she just annoys me. 

I will be just shy of hate watching this season. This show  should be put in the can soon. The cast is not interesting, its just a group of aging drunks trying to one up one another. 

They showed a clip of season 1 where Shep and Craig are hovering around Katherine, who's so slender in that skimpy bikini.

If she still had that figure, she'd be stringing along some sugar daddies.  Instead she gambled that being the baby momma for Thomas would get her a cushy life.  She might have pulled it off if she wasn't such a raging bitch and then getting high instead of taking care of their daughter when she was an infant.

As for Leva, they had her lean into the racial justice thing because the previous season was after George Floyd and you had all these Confederacy statues being pulled down everywhere.

She talked everyone into pulling down that one tower.  I think SC felt it had to do some damage control after the whole monkey emoji thing.  Who knows why they want to  cover up for Katherine that much.  It's doubtful she drives ratings for the show now, but she will being the drama and maybe that's what they think they need on the show.

But now, nobody wants to hear all that George Floyd and BLM talk, except POC.  Instead they bought into the CRT propaganda and don't want to hear any more about racism.  Charleston has a glamorous image now, they don't want it to be associated with that unpleasant past, even though one season they featured one cast member who had a lawn jockey at the front of her home.

• Love 6

Katherine royally screwed up her life with cocaine, Adderall and alcohol, and now is ruining her face with retinol.

I don't know what Katherine is up to/addicted to.  It is clear that she is a young woman who lost custody of her two children and her on camera persona doesn't seem to care.  She also doesn't seem to care about her looks; she was once stunning.  I really hope she really gets the help she needs.  I think she has already been to rehab a time or two?

• Love 6
(edited)
16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I say wear good jewelry and sit up straight, paper plates or china makes not difference, an artichoke is a classy veg.

I read that as “classy vag” and thought “Do what now? On THIS show?”

14 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Oh, and Chleb is a producer plant to try to rectify Kathryn's reputation after her racist tweets. She treats him like staff and there is zero chemistry between them.

I noticed Venita’s tennis bag moved around on the seat behind her, landing just so perfectly centered, so that viewers would remember her name.  

Edited by Toodleoo
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6

I’m surprised Kathryn wasted so much time on her relationship with Thomas Ravenel. Kathryn is 29 years younger. Thomas contributed to some of Kathryn’s problems. Thomas likes to have an alcoholic beverage with his dinner and no one should drink in the presence of an alcoholic. Kathryn clearly has problems controlling her consumption of alcohol. I wouldn’t think Kathryn and Thomas have many things in common simply because he’s so much older. Most families, I know, would frown upon their daughter dating a much older man.

• Love 3
On 6/23/2022 at 11:42 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Metul, the tool, cheated on Naomi so she runs back home with her tail between her legs, and all of a sudden she finds Craig so attractive and great?  Really, girl.  She showed such disdain for Craig, and thought she wouldn't EVER get better than Metul.  Too bad, so sad but I don't feel sorry for her.   I'm glad that Craig moved on from her, I always thought he was more into her than the other way around and she was a real shrew.

I guess Katherine's big hopes and dreams of starting off a new decade with love and good will toward men, got busted all to hell by her mean drunk behavior.  She's determined to sabotage herself every chance she gets.  Yeah, Caleb is too good for her.

It was funny how Whitney poured the vodka on the floor to sanitize it and then took a big slug from the bottle.  He should let the dogs stay longer outside, he can't shit on demand and neither can they.  He was funny though. 

Metul, the tool. That’s hilarious and accurate.🤣🤣

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She was born in Florida and raised in Virginia.

But married and worked in N.Y.?   It’s been awhile since I read her book.  I think there was too much competition in the Art world in N.Y. , so she moved down south.  Someone mentioned Whitney being gay.  My husband said that in the very beginning. But I said “ he slept with Katherine”.  He said “so what”.  Don’t know much, I guess.

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, APK said:

I’m surprised Kathryn wasted so much time on her relationship with Thomas Ravenel. Kathryn is 29 years younger. Thomas contributed to some of Kathryn’s problems. Thomas likes to have an alcoholic beverage with his dinner and no one should drink in the presence of an alcoholic. Kathryn clearly has problems controlling her consumption of alcohol. I wouldn’t think Kathryn and Thomas have many things in common simply because he’s so much older. Most families, I know, would frown upon their daughter dating a much older man.

She seemed pretty set on Thomas too, in spite of sleeping with both Shep and Whitney. Did she also sleep with Craig? I can't recall. At any rate, both Shep and Whitney have money, so there was something that made her focus on Thomas. Or maybe he was the oy one dumb enough not to use protection.

• Like 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
On 6/22/2022 at 1:02 PM, Thisgirllovespasta said:

Yes!!! The bottom of her face was so stained from her lipstick. Wonder what she was doing,,,, 🤣

She was really drunk. She’s a mess and it isn’t fun to watch. So Thomas has custody of the kids? Is he at least sober now?

Speaking of tiny, gosh Naomi looked super slim in the tennis scene. Is she even 100 pounds?

I must’ve missed Dani. I can’t stand Madison and wish they hadn’t brought her back. 

Shep is going to seed. He and Craig will probably still be drinking and hitting on women well into their 50s 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 2

I’ll never get the Patricia love. She has always seemed like a snobby old bitch to me who wants everyone to bow down to her.

Austen and his stupid pathetic beer is a joke.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Sweet-tea said:

She was really drunk. She’s a mess and it isn’t fun to watch. So Thomas has custody of the kids? Is he at least sober now?

Speaking of tiny, gosh Naomi looked super slim in the tennis scene. Is she even 100 pounds?

I must’ve missed Dani. I can’t stand Madison and wish they hadn’t brought her back. 

Shep is going to seed. He and Craig will probably still be drinking and hitting on women well into their 50s 

Dani is no longer on the show.  Some viewers apparently confused her with other blondes.

10 minutes ago, Marley said:

I’ll never get the Patricia love. She has always seemed like a snobby old bitch to me who wants everyone to bow down to her.

Austen and his stupid pathetic beer is a joke.

I also think her decorating taste is horrible.  It’s so kitschy attempting to be elegant.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 6/24/2022 at 9:51 PM, Sage47 said:

Whitney-hilarious. I loved when Pat rang her bell and he’s muttering, “Jesus Christ, ringing that bell…”. Hahaha! 

I did NOT like Whit cussing at the dogs though. It's a pet peeve of mine, people who call their pets cuss words.  They need to go for a walk!  Simply letting them run around in the backyard usually isn't enough for a dog to do his "business".  If his lazy ass would walk the dogs then they wouldn't poop in the house!

And dropping the pooh in the kitchen garbage can, good idea dumb ass.

Austen's new gf looks JUST LIKE Madison!  OMG I thought that was her at first!  Actually now that I think about it Shep's gf, Austen's gf, and Madison all look alike!  They all seem to lack originality or creativity.  

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Simply letting them run around in the backyard usually isn't enough for a dog to do his "business". 

Many dogs are able to eliminate liquids and solids running around in the backyard.

• Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 6/24/2022 at 2:36 PM, mandymax said:

I honestly didn't recognize Naomi.  Lip injections and so skinny she looks like she'll snap in half, to the point where her head seems disproportionately-sized.  It's a shame, because I always thought she was so attractive.

I was never a Leva fan - she really left a bad taste in my mouth last season - so I'm not thrilled that she's back.

Why is Madison still around?

On 6/24/2022 at 9:51 PM, Sage47 said:

Her trying to act like her and Craig had a grand love affair-laughable. She clearly used him to get on TV. As I recall she wouldn’t give him the time of day in college but suddenly was interested when he landed on Bravo. It’s pretty hard to buy that they hooked up in Vegas. Why would Craig go backward with the likes of her? 

Craig and Paige also seem TV scripted, sorry. I do think Shep and Taylor are legit-and very cute together.

I didnt understand why Naomie got the first nose job - she was beautiful when she joined the show and obviously had confidence; the surgery just made her look like a bunch of other women.

I do think the dating choices of Naomie, Madison and maybe even Chelsea were driven by the desire to get on TV. Naomie & Chelsea going after J.D. was just a thirsty way to look like they had integrity, and a crappy thing to do to his wife. Madison is just a sober, employed version of Kathryn.

On 6/25/2022 at 8:25 AM, kristen111 said:

So, Thomas the butler is out.  With all Patricia’s money, she couldn’t find someone ASAP?  Whitney has to clean up after the dogs?  Patricia is practically the only one I’m interested in.  I love looking at her furnishings and the way her tables are set for Company.  Her China is to die for .. little things from all over the world.  A

Please don't confuse Michael the Butler with Thomas! Michael is in FLA now in an assisted living facility. It sounds like he's near family and able to go out with them on occasion. I'm really hoping his situation continues to improve.

I could examine Patricia's house for hours. I love all the niceties for cocktails and dinner that we don't see as much these days, and I am obsessed with fine China. 

10 hours ago, APK said:

I’m surprised Kathryn wasted so much time on her relationship with Thomas Ravenel. Kathryn is 29 years younger. Thomas contributed to some of Kathryn’s problems. Thomas likes to have an alcoholic beverage with his dinner and no one should drink in the presence of an alcoholic. Kathryn clearly has problems controlling her consumption of alcohol. I wouldn’t think Kathryn and Thomas have many things in common simply because he’s so much older.

2 hours ago, chlban said:

She seemed pretty set on Thomas too, in spite of sleeping with both Shep and Whitney. Did she also sleep with Craig? I can't recall. At any rate, both Shep and Whitney have money, so there was something that made her focus on Thomas. Or maybe he was the oy one dumb enough not to use protection.

Kathryn and Craig were hanging out but they never confirmed they slept together. Kathryn was with Whitney at the start of the show, then set her eyes on Thomas, then was with Shep sometime after the first baby, I think. I think some of the cast thought she was sleeping her way onto the show.

But when Kathryn got together with Thomas she was determined to stay by his side. I know a lot of viewers say Thomas "destroyed" her, and I do think there was a power imbalance, but Kathryn saw how he acted during her first pregnancy scare, got pregnant soon after that, then repeated the pattern after they broke up several times. She tried to annihilate everyone on the show depending on her standing with Thomas on any given day. She really only appeared composed and showed some mettle during the season with that dreadful Ashley. I'm hesitant to say Thomas helped bring on Kathryn's substance abuse, but I do think he was able to hide his drug problem a lot longer through his life than she was. I also think (bc apparently I can't stop judging folks today) common interests aren't a concern for either of them - I think coupling is more about status and appearance. 

I do want to be fair to Kathryn re the custody battle. And I find it infuriating that a man who has a drug conviction, has pled guilty to assault and lost his job due to rape allegations was able to win sole custody of his children. But at the same time - even with Ravenel's unfair influence -  I wonder what the hell Kathryn was doing that the court felt they could make that decision.

Edited by chick binewski
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, aghst said:

If she still had that figure, she'd be stringing along some sugar daddies.  Instead she gambled that being the baby momma for Thomas would get her a cushy life.  She might have pulled it off if she wasn't such a raging bitch and then getting high instead of taking care of their daughter when she was an infant.

Right?! That always kinda bugged me the most about Kathryn: she played her cards completely wrong as a rich guy’s baby mama because she was just too immature/narcissistic/trashy to milk that situation into something better for herself and her kids.

She was unhappy being kept all alone with their first baby way out in Thomas’s former plantation, so he rented them a nice place in the city. But he stayed out playing politician while she stayed drunk/high playing the eternal bar star.
She could’ve lured him home and seduced him again the night of that fallen heroes party, but because she’s a psycho she was later screeching at him to not leave her on a boat dock.

She could’ve gotten herself clean and together and really had something special with Thomas((they had obvious chemistry and seemed to ‘get’ each other overall)), but she’s as much of an addict as he is and is too selfish to do anything about it to regain custody of her children from a now convicted rapist and a team of nannies.

Thomas is *obviously* no great prize and I’m not excusing him for his own endless faults, but Kathryn once had the keys to a kingdom of living as a truly kept lady and lost them spectacularly: quite a gold-digger fail!

Looking at old video footage of her from the first season, when Kathryn was that slim and natural young goddess with fiery red hair, it all just seems like such a waste these days to see how she frittered away her youth to become this sad rapidly aging drunken former beauty queen with lipstick all over her face.

Kathryn also doesn’t appear to have any real friends either, and it’s very sad; she probably doesn’t know how to be a real friend to anyone due to her extreme narcissism((look how she discarded Danni after years of Danni being the only friend to her from the show)).
On her social media she’s always hanging out with different random folks, never a steady boyfriend or social group. 
And Cheleb is obviously only there as a plot device; word on the street is that the reason they were always in Miami together during their early showmance days is because he’s a successful dealer. 

Sorry about the Kathryn novel here; I can’t even hate on her because I pity her so much. This show is NOT good for her and I wish Bravo would finally cut her loose already, but I fear it’s too late and she doesn’t know how to live a healthy adult life out of the limelight now.
((to his slight credit, at least Thomas had the wherewithal to finally move out of Charleston and take the kids to a much calmer community in Aiken, SC))

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3

She could have tried to bounce back to form after those babies.

Or better yet, not have babies at all without a stable marriage.  Most people try to establish a stable home life before having children, not having children to force a rich man into marriage.  Well a lot of them try the latter but that kind of marriage doesn't last.

Even if Thomas married her, the prenup would not have given her financial security.  Maybe child support would have carried her for awhile but that's not permanent and she was still in her mid 20s when she had the second kid?

• Love 3
On 6/25/2022 at 3:33 PM, chlban said:
On 6/25/2022 at 1:34 PM, For Cereals said:

I am so disappointed they didn't bring NOLA back. Not only were they really friends but the guys, with one possible exception, seemed like actual adults. It was such a contrast to the Peter Pan's in this group. Still, I won't deny, I loved SC the first couple of seasons. Maybe there is just a time limit on how long you can watch man boys that refuse to grow up? Not sure, but it is not as fun. Still hopeful though.

I’d love to see some of them get married, what’s going on with Thomas, more of Craig’s new store and his products, much more of Patricia, her getting a new butler, and seeing the boys grow up like stable men.  More balls where they get all dressed up too.  Katherine’s kids too, poor things.  They don’t deserve a fly by night Mother.  She’s a freakin disaster.

• Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, chick binewski said:

I wonder what the hell Kathryn was doing that the court felt they could make that decision.

Several years ago there were online summaries and transcripts of the complaints against Kathryn's behavior, including the effects of drinking and drugs during her pregnancies. In terms of persistent bad behavior, she left Thomas in the dust a long time ago.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
On 6/25/2022 at 12:03 AM, Marley said:

Did I miss something I didn’t see Dani at all. Pringle said hi to Madison there was nothing about them being a couple. I thought Shep was still with the same girl as last season. I feel like I watched a different show then some ppl lol.

I didn’t see Dani at the party, but my husband said he did.  So, one of us can’t see straight.  I’ll watch on demand.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Dani was definitely in this first episode, looking painfully thin.  Don't you remember her whining about Kathryn, nearly in tears (the apparent sole purpose of the Dani character), on the boat to the sand party and a few other scenes?

You all may be thinking about K's other (former) friend, the one who gave birth a couple seasons in, and her son was very ill?  Can't recall her name.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

You all may be thinking about K's other (former) friend, the one who gave birth a couple seasons in, and her son was very ill?  Can't recall her name

Jennifer Snowden. She had a baby born with a brain encephalocele. The baby has grown into a happy, healthy little boy, and from Jennifer’s Instagram, appears to be thriving. He did require several very high risk surgeries. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10