Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

On 11/8/2018 at 3:32 PM, DangerousMinds said:

I just can’t believe hers are better than anything else out there. 

Late to the party, but I’ve had several friends tell me that Kylie’s lip products really are the best, and they’re definitely not Kylie/Kardashian fans.  

1 hour ago, carolinagirl81 said:

Wow! I had no idea Kylie owned 100% of her cosmetic line/company. Kim and the other sisters just license out their names for a cut of the profits right?

Get it baby Jenner. 

Screenshot_2018-12-18-19-51-37~2.png

900. Million. Dollars.  How do you even wrap your head around being that wealthy?  It’s just mind-boggling to me. 🤑

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Late to the party, but I’ve had several friends tell me that Kylie’s lip products really are the best, and they’re definitely not Kylie/Kardashian fans.  

So I suppose she went back to using Colour Pop as her supplier!

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

She swears up and down her products aren't Colour Pop, but I've seen YouTubers do swatch comparisons and the shades are identical. 

Of course she does! Colour Pop’s lip products are amazing quality and literally cost a fraction of what Kylie charges. They are the same. She’d lose a lot of business if she’d confirm it to her fans. Colour pop charges about $6.50 for a lippie (sans pencil), Kylie charges $30 (with pencil).

• Love 5
23 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I don’t do makeup, so what’s Colour Pop?

Colour Pop is a small (well, used to be small anyways) make up brand that makes lip products of amazing quality that are very affordable.

It was the brand Kylie initially used as a supplier for her lip kits. Then, when she became very successful she switched supplier. The new supplier could churn out large batches very quickly and often, but the quality was piss poor. Her fans were mad. People made ranting YouTube videos. A lot of lippies were barely filled for 1/3. It was a huge mess.

Usually, the KarJenners do not care about quality, they want the junk they can buy cheapest so they can have very high margins, but my guess is Kris Kylie realized her brand would be over if she didn’t take action, and then switched back to Colour pop.

• Love 5
21 hours ago, Frost said:

That's the key!  If she can manage to maintain this level of celebrity and not go nuts with additional plastic surgery to try and stay "hot" and "relevant" and not pimp out her daughter for likes I could be impressed.   It's not a very high bar, but I realize she was raised in a toxic environment.

Agreed. When I consider her childhood and the unattainable beauty standards set by her sisters and the comparisons the public made from such a young age, I can completely understand her insecurities.

• Love 3

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/travis-scott-rap-superstar-cover-story-767906/

Travis is on the cover of the new Rolling Stone. Admittedly I'm not that in tune to the rap world but I had no idea he was becoming this huge. For one they noted 40,000 people attended his AstroWorld festival. I wonder how long before Pimpmama gets her claws in him so she can start profiting? He and Kylie sound like the real deal though.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, howmanywords said:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/travis-scott-rap-superstar-cover-story-767906/

Travis is on the cover of the new Rolling Stone. Admittedly I'm not that in tune to the rap world but I had no idea he was becoming this huge. For one they noted 40,000 people attended his AstroWorld festival. I wonder how long before Pimpmama gets her claws in him so she can start profiting? He and Kylie sound like the real deal though.

Travis: “We’ll get married soon. I just gotta sturdy up — I gotta propose in a fire way.”

These two are good together and they both have sweet personalities, despite their cool business vibes.

• Love 5

She swears up and down her products aren't Colour Pop, but I've seen YouTubers do swatch comparisons and the shades are identical.

She can swear up and down as much as she wants.  Kylie barely graduated from high school. All of sudden she has a degree or even a functional knowledge of chemistry? Did she invent talc? My daughter's very sassy best friend - he has a degree in geology, he's more prepared for a career in cosmetics.  She is as self made as Travis Scott is Stormi's father.  (I'm still voting for Tyga). 

This family is so euphemistic.  lol Travis also did not "teach" at Harvard.  He was a guest during a lecture.  Geez.  I never knew it took so much money to look so cheap. Not a hater, but as an eternal "practical" person, I so SMH at their antics.

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, chabelisaywow said:

She can swear up and down as much as she wants.  Kylie barely graduated from high school. All of sudden she has a degree or even a functional knowledge of chemistry? Did she invent talc? My daughter's very sassy best friend - he has a degree in geology, he's more prepared for a career in cosmetics.  She is as self made as Travis Scott is Stormi's father.  (I'm still voting for Tyga). 

I agree. I tend to be a tad more cynical with regards to Kylie's alleged business acumen. I think she promotes the hell out of her business, but do I think she's coming up with the ideas for formulas, palettes, colors, package designs, etc.? Not a snowball's chance in hell. 

• Love 19
5 hours ago, chabelisaywow said:

This family is so euphemistic.  lol Travis also did not "teach" at Harvard.  He was a guest during a lecture.  Geez.  I never knew it took so much money to look so cheap. Not a hater, but as an eternal "practical" person, I so SMH at their antics.

Thank you! So tired of people giving these mental midgets credit that they absolutely don’t deserve.

Regarding the makeup, why not just buy Colour Pop? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

Thank you! So tired of people giving these mental midgets credit that they absolutely don’t deserve.

Regarding the makeup, why not just buy Colour Pop? 

I recently bought several Colour Pop items since their line is all gluten free.  It was super cheap; items were between $5-$7 each.

Edited by luvbadtv
  • Love 6

Colour Pop isnt nearly as well known as Kylie Cosmetics. For people who love makeup and don't care about name brands they will buy CP, but Kylie's name is more well known.

I don't know if something changed but I went to a makeup convention about a year ago and one of the speakers was the owner of Seed Beauty who owns Colour Pop and lots of other brands. One of her successes she was boasting about was working with Kylie as a consultant and how Kylie contacted her when she was 17 asking for help in getting started in the makeup business and how Kylie's name and word of mouth propelled the line into the success it is.  Obviously Kylie is no chemics genious but I remember thinking it sounded like she was at least taking part in learning some of the basics by working closely with this woman.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, howmanywords said:

Colour Pop isnt nearly as well known as Kylie Cosmetics. For people who love makeup and don't care about name brands they will buy CP, but Kylie's name is more well known.

I don't know if something changed but I went to a makeup convention about a year ago and one of the speakers was the owner of Seed Beauty who owns Colour Pop and lots of other brands. One of her successes she was boasting about was working with Kylie as a consultant and how Kylie contacted her when she was 17 asking for help in getting started in the makeup business and how Kylie's name and word of mouth propelled the line into the success it is.  Obviously Kylie is no chemics genious but I remember thinking it sounded like she was at least taking part in learning some of the basics by working closely with this woman.

I posted this upthread but will repost here, about Seed and the K fam:

https://www.instyle.com/news/secret-company-behind-kkw-beauty-and-kylie-cosmetics

18 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. I tend to be a tad more cynical with regards to Kylie's alleged business acumen. I think she promotes the hell out of her business, but do I think she's coming up with the ideas for formulas, palettes, colors, package designs, etc.? Not a snowball's chance in hell. 

I definitely don't think she's coming up with formulas. I wouldn't be surprised if she's stood in on the process to see how things are done but you don't just magically become a chemist by seeing an expert mix some ingredients together. However, colour palettes, colours, package designs are all things that require creativity. Don't think she's single-handedly creating any of these things but I can see how she could be more involved and opinionated in those particular areas of business. For formulas, maybe she looks over their shoulder and says 'add a touch more red' to that mix and that turns into her getting credit for formulas...kinda like artists who write one line in a song or make a couple of minor changes to a song they're recording and they end up getting a songwriter credit on the track, lol.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I definitely don't think she's coming up with formulas. I wouldn't be surprised if she's stood in on the process to see how things are done but you don't just magically become a chemist by seeing an expert mix some ingredients together. However, colour palettes, colours, package designs are all things that require creativity. Don't think she's single-handedly creating any of these things but I can see how she could be more involved and opinionated in those particular areas of business. For formulas, maybe she looks over their shoulder and says 'add a touch more red' to that mix and that turns into her getting credit for formulas...kinda like artists who write one line in a song or make a couple of minor changes to a song they're recording and they end up getting a songwriter credit on the track, lol.

I believe they have meetings where they’ll show her the colors, and she’ll pick her “faves” and gives the final ok to the colors.

She may request a specific color here and there, but for the most part, I believe her involvement is limited to her giving approval and picking her “faves”.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Aw my lahgs said:

I believe they have meetings where they’ll show her the colors, and she’ll pick her “faves” and gives the final ok to the colors.

She may request a specific color here and there, but for the most part, I believe her involvement is limited to her giving approval and picking her “faves”.

Yeah, that's totally possible as well. I don't know the extent of her involvement or what she or those associated with her claim her level of involvement is but I just wanted to point out that her involvement in some of the categories of her business is far more believable (ex, design, colours) than in others (ex. creating formulas). Sometimes business acumen isn't' about knowing how to do everything yourself and being the expert, but rather knowing who the experts are and whose advice you can lean on to make final decisions regarding your business. If I had put money on it, I would certainly guess that Kylie fits the latter - relying on the support of a team of experts who have the ability to develop cool products, but also have the ability to take vague creative ideas that she has and turn them into tangible products. Make-up is often a regurgitation of the same kinds of products and colours. Given its popularity, it's quite rare to see cutting-edge advancements in new types of products and their purpose. The innovation is less about creating something new, and more about improving the quality of what's already out there so even when I talk about Kylie being more believably involved in creative, she wouldn't be creating anything 'new' outside of actual product design.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I definitely don't think she's coming up with formulas. I wouldn't be surprised if she's stood in on the process to see how things are done but you don't just magically become a chemist by seeing an expert mix some ingredients together. However, colour palettes, colours, package designs are all things that require creativity. Don't think she's single-handedly creating any of these things but I can see how she could be more involved and opinionated in those particular areas of business. For formulas, maybe she looks over their shoulder and says 'add a touch more red' to that mix and that turns into her getting credit for formulas...kinda like artists who write one line in a song or make a couple of minor changes to a song they're recording and they end up getting a songwriter credit on the track, lol. Beyonce

:-)

3 hours ago, Aw my lahgs said:

I think this is pretty much what all people who have cosmetics companies do, Estee Lauder wasn't a chemist, Max Factor wasn't a chemist, they hired people to make the stuff & their opinions determined what the company produced.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

cough (Beyonce) cough

Sorry, I had to!

I absolutely agree, she is not creating this, but approving what she thinks looks good.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Is this for real - people get paid big money just to post on instagram? Knew they represented brands but thought they did more than post.

Supposedly, Kylie gets paid the most - a cool mill per post!

https://hellogiggles.com/news/kylie-jenner-instagram-post-million/

I found out about this last year and its mindboggling! They literally get paid to just post. There was a scene on KUWTK where Kim is getting ready to take pics for a diet shake ad and Jonathan is like "uh i guess you have to actually make the drink"? Then there was a pretty funny incident with Scott where he made a big mistake by not actually posting something he was advertising but he posted the actual private message he got from the company telling him word for word what to say even the time to post it. I'm farely sure it works the same with all these celebs who get paid big bucks by advertisers. Scott was just careless to show how manipulated it all is.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, GaT said:

:-)

No word of a lie, I was thinking of Beyonce when I wrote that sentence but I didn't want things to potentially get off topic because Beyonce can be a touchy subject so I just made it a generic analogy, haha.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Aw my lahgs said:

Pretty much like a first grader could do. Lol! 

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

No word of a lie, I was thinking of Beyonce when I wrote that sentence but I didn't want things to potentially get off topic because Beyonce can be a touchy subject so I just made it a generic analogy, haha.

I figured that, but I felt like living dangerously today :-)

• Love 2

I can see Kylie wearing her lab coat and hair net, rubber sole shoes, black rim spectacles and carrying her little note pad and pen, trying to act intellectual and grown up,  walking around the facility while her assistants take video/photos of her  inspecting, sampling, shaking her head or nodding. I’m sure Kris has the whole thing documented. And all the workers involved in the real production get big checks as they sign their non disclosure agreements.

• Love 8

The only way Kylie Cosmetics makes any sense to me is if I take a very dim view of the consumer. It’s just cosmetics, and cosmetics is a thoroughly saturated market. 

Kylie cannot be offering anything that isn’t already on offer. 

• Love 7
On 12/30/2018 at 2:31 PM, kokapetl said:

The only way Kylie Cosmetics makes any sense to me is if I take a very dim view of the consumer. It’s just cosmetics, and cosmetics is a thoroughly saturated market. 

Kylie cannot be offering anything that isn’t already on offer. 

Since it’s Colour Pop cosmetics, it’s already good quality. And very affordable under the Colour Pop label. She’s not offering anything new, it’s all the cult of her persona. (Which means she better not blow through her money because it may not last forever).

Edited by Aw my lahgs
  • Love 3

So I follow this jeweler on Instagram and a few days ago he posted this ring and he tagged Travis Scott in it but the post that he made tagging Travis Scott has been taking down and then I saw on the shade room Instagram account a blurry picture of Kylie and Travis at Drake's New year's Eve party asking if she was engaged because they noticed the ring on her finger and so I'm wondering if they're officially engaged now or if this is her wedding ring because I've seen some of her snaps and Instagram stories and she's been wearing a very small diamond eternity band but they all wear diamond eternity bands in various sizes so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

But with Kim's new baby news I wonder if Kim is trying to steal Kylie's thunder or just Kim herself is trying to keep her name in the press because the Bryant's just announced that they were expecting their fourth child.

But I still think that Kylie and Travis are married because she has really seemed to calm down on the thirst trap postings on her social media.

She's also seems to have matured some if that's at all possible within that family.

PicsArt_01-02-12.01.44.jpg

• Love 1
22 hours ago, carolinagirl81 said:

So I follow this jeweler on Instagram and a few days ago he posted this ring and he tagged Travis Scott in it but the post that he made tagging Travis Scott has been taking down and then I saw on the shade room Instagram account a blurry picture of Kylie and Travis at Drake's New year's Eve party asking if she was engaged because they noticed the ring on her finger and so I'm wondering if they're officially engaged now or if this is her wedding ring because I've seen some of her snaps and Instagram stories and she's been wearing a very small diamond eternity band but they all wear diamond eternity bands in various sizes so that doesn't necessarily mean anything. 

But with Kim's new baby news I wonder if Kim is trying to steal Kylie's thunder or just Kim herself is trying to keep her name in the press because the Bryant's just announced that they were expecting their fourth child.

But I still think that Kylie and Travis are married because she has really seemed to calm down on the thirst trap postings on her social media.

She's also seems to have matured some if that's at all possible within that family.

Both of them speak as though marriage is inevitable for them so I wouldn't be surprised if she's engaged or if she low key got married.

I don't think Kim would feel threatened by Bryant's baby news because it's not like Kim ever really needs a reason to be in the news other than to know her name and face is out there and being talked about. I don't think Kim seems any threat in the Bryants to calculate these rumours around their announcement.  Kylie doesn't seem interested in 'keeping up' with Kim and her sisters. She's doing her own thing so I don't think Kim would be trying to overshadow Kylie's news when Kylie and Travis have yet to announce anything officially. Now...would this baby news/rumour have anything to do with detracting from the news swirling with gossip about internal family drama between Kim/Kanye and Kendell/Kylie/Travis given Kanye's continuous and most recent attack on Drake via Twitter yet those three show up to Drake's house to party with him?... That I could believe.

• Love 4

Well, by American standards, Kylie wins because she is (almost) a billionaire.  I don't know that Kim will ever catch up to that.  Still developing an affection for Kylie, she seems solid in her relationship, doesn't seem to be as much of a media whore as the others.  To me it appears her exposure is more related to marketing than to ego.  

• Love 3

Kylie Jenner shows off HUGE new diamond ring sparking engagement rumors with Travis Scott

Kylie Jenner shared a few new snaps on Instagram on Saturday, showcasing a massive ring that has fans speculating about her being engaged to boyfriend Travis Scott.

The 21 year old entrepreneur posted two new snaps on Instagram on Saturday, with a large, sparkling ring on her ring finger.

She wouldn't elaborate any further, only adding a single heart emoji in the caption, but several fans noticed the sizable ring.

8168534-6561201-image-a-15_1546729136750

• Love 2

Stormi Webster's First Nobu Dinner with Kylie Jenner Came with a Hefty Price Tag

As you search to find the last noodle in your $1 ramen cup (can't let any go to waste!), 11-month-old Stormi Webster is living it up on her first Nobu dinner date with muva Kylie Jenner. I can honestly say I never thought I'd be so jealous of a legit baby, but here we are! You'll feel the same way, too, once you hear what she was munching on.

In case you aren't ~in the know~, Nobu is, like, top-tier sushi. Future rapped about his love for it in that "Jumpman" bop, the Beckhams eat there, and Bumble uses it a destination for swanky dating app events. It's fancy.

All the non-near-billionaire babies out there might be accustomed to eating grocery store baby food or whatever, but not Stormi. Since the little nugget rolls with the Kardashians and Travis Scott, she gets the best of the best. For Stormi, the best is a plate of white fish sashimi.

Looks like it tastes expensive!

stormi-webster-at-nobu-1546976160.png?cr

Kylie posted a pic of their meal on her Instagram Stories and when you compare the picture to Nobu's menu, it looks like Stormi might have had nine pieces of the fluke, which is $63 total. Casual. To be fair, Kylie probably ordered it and was sharing it with her, but still. $7 per piece is nothing to sneeze at.

• Love 2

Kylie Jenner's Wore A Fuzzy Pink Fashion Nova Top — And It's Only $30 Dollars

Bearing in mind that Stormi, an almost 1 year old,  has a $25,000.00 chair:

Travis Scott Just Bought Daughter Stormi, 11 months, a $25,000+ Chair Made of Stuffed Animals

I still like it that the pink sweater only cost $30.00.

The Kardashians, Jenners, and KarJenners all have enviable closets. I'm looking at you,Kris Jenner, and your Birkin closet. But it's not entirely about super pricy and inaccessible couture. Really. Kylie Jenner wore a $65 outfit from Fashion Nova (sizes 0 to 3X available) and you can totally get one of your own. Replicating a Kardashian look without having to break the bank is easy.

• Love 1