Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Guess Travis wanted Tim to say the baby couldn’t be his, which he did. Wonder if Travis took his mom’s advice and asked for a dna test - they did get pregnant right out of the gate.

How stupid. Tim even commenting on it   gives credence to the rumors, people who want to believe he is the father will use his statement as proof the Kris wrote him a check to deny it.

• Love 3

Kylie wearing the least flattering pair of sweatpants of all time:

kylie-jenner3.jpg

Looks like these are by Alexander Wang, so at least Kanye isn't to blame in this case. The shoes are ugly too, and they look uncomfortable as hell. They'd give me blisters if I walked in them for more than 10 minutes.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, chocolatine said:

Kylie wearing the least flattering pair of sweatpants of all time:

kylie-jenner3.jpg

Looks like these are by Alexander Wang, so at least Kanye isn't to blame in this case. The shoes are ugly too, and they look uncomfortable as hell. They'd give me blisters if I walked in them for more than 10 minutes.

Someone needs to educate Alexander about the cameltoe. His design is accentuating the negative.

• Love 4

Why in the Wide World of Sports would anyone make pointy toe clear heels?  They look ridiculous.  Not that the outfit is any better...  But, damn clear shoes in general are awful, then the pointy front sticking out past the toes.  Ugh.

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, dnagirl said:

Why in the Wide World of Sports would anyone make pointy toe clear heels?  They look ridiculous.  Not that the outfit is any better...  But, damn clear shoes in general are awful, then the pointy front sticking out past the toes.  Ugh.

Flash back to Kim’s swollen Miss Piggy feet when pregnant with North.

• Love 9

She has so many fillers in her cheeks hat she can’t move her face. It was obvious in pictures, but this video.... wow. I wish she didn’t feel like she needed this. 

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, ms.o said:

She has so many fillers in her cheeks hat she can’t move her face. It was obvious in pictures, but this video.... wow. I wish she didn’t feel like she needed this. 

Stormi still looks like the body guard.

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, ms.o said:

Like makeup is a big deal to that family! When will she let Stormi get shit injected into her face??

• Love 9

You know what's sad and it says something regarding the level of work Kylie has had at her young age. All of the K girls I can look at and knows its them despite a lot of work. Kylie? I feel like when I see the occasional KUWTK or even a picture from 3-4 years ago it does not commute that its the same person. She's completely unrecognizable. The entire shape of her face is different. That above video looks uncomfortable ugh.

• Love 9

She did a "Get Ready with Me" video for Vogue (they have done a whole series)- her lips are very....just very.  She's actually pretty good at the makeup part (in the Instagram beauty way that is straight from drag culture), but she's really mastered Kim's studied Calabasas rich person blandness. I, too, find it very depressing that someone so young has had so much work done of her naturally perfectly attractive face. 

Rihanna's is the best, because OBVIOUSLY. 

• Love 1

Even her lips look really good there. I think she reduced the fillers.

Did you see that makeup tutorial of hers that was posted last week? I actually cringed when she did her lips because you could see how far out she lines them. 

7 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Except her lips are still much fuller than her "old" ones . . .

Does the skin get permanently stretched out from the fillers?

(edited)
1 hour ago, GaT said:

Does the skin get permanently stretched out from the fillers?

I don't know about stretched, but I remember seeing on an episode of Botched that the enzyme that is used to dissolve the fillers will cause some swelling but that it goes down eventually.

ETA: I'm reading some Instagram comments and apparently depending on the kind of fillers you had your lips can indeed stretch. I'm also a little stunned at how many, looking at their profile pics, very young girls are all "I miss your big lips". SMH.

Edited by howmanywords
15 hours ago, GaT said:

Apparently, she had them all removed.

Can't tell as clearly from the pictures due to the angle and the puckering lips but you can definitely see it in her video. She should forget trying to look like an inflated doll and just go back to over lining her lips. Even though it's such a common procedure, why even risk a potential fuck up (hello Lisa Rinna).

• Love 2

How do they remove it? Isn’t it free floating? I thought it just absorbed into your body and then was replenished as needed, hence the over inflated swollen look for the first week or so.

6 hours ago, iwasish said:

How do they remove it? Isn’t it free floating? I thought it just absorbed into your body and then was replenished as needed, hence the over inflated swollen look for the first week or so.

Answers! 

• Love 1

Call me jaded bit my first thought when reading about her deflating her lips was that it was a bid for media attention ahead of a new makeup launch. If so it’s not a bad move. I wonder who thought it up?

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, nexxie said:

Good on Kylie - she knows how to relate to her customers and run her company. Kris has an amazing team of publicity pros, pr gurus, social media experts and stylists/trend watchers on retainer who tell Kylie exactly what to do, how to do it and when to do it. Every single day.

Fixed it.

Kylie is way too insecure to be the mogul she plays in the public eye.

Edited by Aw my lahgs
  • Love 12
2 minutes ago, Aw my lahgs said:

Fixed it.

Kylie is way too insecure to be the mogul she plays in the public eye.

The reason people pay Kylie to post is because her audience relates to her - they relate to her insecurities too - insecurity is what sells cosmetics.

• Love 9

Let’s see if Kim and Khloe do the same. 

Kim has always said that Kanye thinks Kylie has great style sense.. maybe he’ll tell Kim to lay off  the fillers and go back to her natural look. 

Time will tell.

41 minutes ago, vast wasteland said:

My favorite comment and reply re that article:

The Forbes article was excellent and well-deserved. Kylie, perhaps more than any of her siblings, is a self-made woman. She could have used her natural, gorgeous looks to become wealthy. She could have sold herself through the lowest common denominator like Beyonce. She could have taken the lazy road to riches but she didn’t. She used her brain.

Haters exist at the intersection of success and jealousy.

Congrats to Kylie - a self made woman billionaire.

Calm down, Kris.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

I have no doubt Kris played a large part in Kylie's success, but $900 million is a massively huge amount of money. Kylie has to get some credit. Not saying at all she's grinding on a daily basis but a huge empire has been built and its not easy. Many things have to fall into place. If Kris could simply work her magic on all her kids then Kourtney and Khloe who both tried clothing lines wouldnt have flopped with their products and would be worth a lot more than 30 million, which mostly came from KUWTK. You have to create something that appeals to A LOT of people and you have to appeal to a lot of people.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, suomi said:

The Forbes article was excellent and well-deserved. Kylie, perhaps more than any of her siblings, is a self-made woman. She could have used her natural, gorgeous looks to become wealthy. She could have sold herself through the lowest common denominator like Beyonce. She could have taken the lazy road to riches but she didn’t. She used her brain.

Haters exist at the intersection of success and jealousy.

Congrats to Kylie - a self made woman billionaire.

Man, I would hate to be that person if the Beyhive gets hold of this quote.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, suomi said:

She didn’t have natural gorgeous looks, she was an average looking cute teenager. That made her relatable to others in her age bracket.

I don’t think Kris had as much a hand in her success outside of perhaps picking a good group of people to work with her. I also think Kylie was able to stick with her vision and keep Kris’s input to a minimum. 

All things considered, I give Kylie props... she could have gone the tried and true Kardashian route and leaked a sex tape. That’s pretty much what most thought would have happened.  

• Love 1

I give her credit as well. She obviously started off with the door already ajar given the growing fame of her family and she too rode the wave of all of the positive attention she was getting for her new and mature look (aka cosmetic work) but I give her credit for not simply playing the game just to be famous, relevant and have her name on a billion different products. Kylie took something she enjoyed and was good at it and she turned it into a business. As her business grew, she spent less time making money doing club appearances and put more time into expanding her makeup line. 

• Love 1

Pretty much every product that Kim, Kourtney and Khloe launched tanked miserably. For as beautiful as Kim was in her prime, she never had the same level of success that Kylie's managed to generate with her makeup brand. 

• Love 3

The K sisters got into retail in their late 20s/early 30s and their customer/fan base has always been (relatively) older and more discerning than Kylie's. They achieved a respectable level of success, especially when the tremendous degree of competition for that demographic's dollars is taken into consideration.  

Theoretically, there is no limit to Kylie's customer/fan base of tweens, teens and early 20s. She and they will age together, and they're currently at the age when buying the "in" brand matters very much. I think the vast Kardashian machine plus Kylie's target age is why the business is successful, not because she is a capable and accomplished young woman. The widespread criticism I've seen focuses on the "self made" angle in the Forbes article, and rightly so; Kris punched above her weight with that one. Kylie isn't landing marlins, she's shooting fish in a barrel. I'm also not convinced that the nearly one billion dollar figure is accurate. Why should I be? It's not like there are laws regulating truth when hyping a private company. 

I seriously doubt that Kylie did anything resembling brainstorming or calling on inspiration, by any stretch of the imagination. I doubt that she offered a favorite piece of jewelry or item of clothing or flower to illustrate what she wanted to see, or even a rock with a unique range and contrast of colors that pleased her. I doubt that she designed the packaging or created a slogan or a logo. I think she attended presentations where the machine offered choices in every category during every step along the way and her contribution consisted of saying yay or nay and maybe, possibly reading the pages that required her initials and signature. So, fuck off, Kris, and go spend your 10% quietly. At least give us that. 

• Love 15
(edited)

To me, the Forbes article unintentionally describes a company that is hugely vulnerable. It’s completely at the mercy of its suppliers, it has a fickle group of consumers, and the owner might as well be a little girl: her mother did everything for her. A family estrangement or Kris’s health declining, or a dispute with the supplier, or Kylie says the N word, would snuff the company out. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 11

Kim's makeup line is considered a success Forbes attributes her huge increase in net worth to KKW, I think mostly her fragrances have really taken off. Her stuff is way more successful than anything Kourtney, Khloe and Rob has tried to sell but nowhere near the level of what Kylie has achieved.

I don't know if the figures are accurate but some Taylor Swift fans are completely off the deep end and are determined to prove its all wrong lol Let's see if they can investigate some proof. Something they always loved to gloat about was "our girl is richer than Kanye and Kim combined". So needless to say seeing Kim and Kylie above Taylor has gotten some hilarious meltdowns.

I see Kim's success in the last couple of years as coattailing off of Kylie. If I'm not mistaken she tried to do a makeup line with her sisters pre-Kylie Cosmetics that failed and was embroiled in a ton of lawsuits. Most of the products the older girls pitched were fly-by-night things that were on the shelves for a few months and never heard from again. They made a quick buck but never had any real staying power. 

I think Kylie lucked out mostly due to the fact that she came of age right when Instagram, influences and YouTube beauty gurus were taking off and she was able to hijack their followings along with her own to market and sell her product. Would she have had this much success as a 20 year-old trying to launch a brand ten years ago? Probably not. 

• Love 8

Another advantage she had is plenty of money. Lots of people try to launch products and if they don’t do well out of the gate,  they don’t have the funds available to keep the business afloat while sales build or to tweak any issues that arise. Her first or second batch of product was roundly criticized for poor quality applicators and thr quality of the product. That could have been a disaster, but I think Kylie reacted quickly and took care of those problems, she communicated what came across as a sincere apology and concern for their inconvenience. And got replacement product out quickly. I don’t think Kris has the same outlook, she’s more make money quickly and then on to the next. She had the older girls slapping their names on products that were already developed. I do believe Kylie worked with product developers because she obviously wore  the stuff. So it’s more likely that she knew it worked. 

I think self made is a stretch, she had a lot of advantages coming out of the starting gate, including the name recognition and social media connections that are ultra important, not to mention money. All those things helped attract strong businesses that were happy to work with Kylie. 

I also think the 900 million is an exaggeration.

Shes certainly been successful but self made...: kind of a stretch. 

• Love 9