Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

One of my sisters is married to an Aussie. They talk about moving to Australia when they get older, because of the health care (her husband still maintains citizenship). Which is no small consideration when you think of how egregious health care costs are. Certain things are more expensive over there than here, though, so maybe financially it will be a wash?

I think the two finally realized that the fame they were hoping for didn't materialize - or, they got it for the wrong reasons (that they were kind of freaky and didn't fit in, as opposed to being fabulous and having amazing children). I remember Bethenny being really impressed by Alex's marketing materials for SkinnyGirl, so I hope she at least finds a way to fall back on that, rather than rely on her "former Real Housewife" status to pay the bills.

Is it really true that Jill Zarin's comments ("you were SPREAD EAGLE in the hotel lobby!") led to Simon's firing from Hotel Chandler? If so, how nasty and vindictive. Simon was a poser and a bit creepy, but I wouldn't have wished job loss on him. I guess it's telling that he was unable to find a hotel management position after that.

Bethanny hated (deservedly so) Alex's logo for SG but was stuck using it for Jill's Charity event and we all know how that turned out with Jill's melt down. She never used it again and hired the right team to brand her and that turned out well for her. I really wanted to see Alex as talented because I was sort of rooting for her but talent never appeared.

• Love 1
You know, I know next to nada about New York real estate but I wonder if having a rent-controlled tenant in that house is going to be an obstacle selling it?  Whenever I hear rent control, I always think of lucky people living in a really nice apartment for about $150 a month until they die or move, whichever comes first.

I don't think rent-controlled tenants can be evicted, either, if they're already in a residence.

At least the third floor unit is apparently vacant, so the seller could presumably rent that out for whatever fair market value is.

Wonder how good a deal the tenant there is getting.  Depends on how long the tenant has lived there.  NYC tenants paying rent-controlled (or rent-stabilized) rents can vary widely, but it is usually well below market rates.  Could that be off-putting to potential buyers?  Hell yeah!  Simon & Alex clearly inherited this tenant when they bought the building.  Um, this is the first I'm hearing they had apartments in their brownstone, let alone that there was a tenant already in place.  Did they ever mention this little fact when they were on the show?

Yup, sounds like Simon realizes he can't make a go of it here, so he's gonna try it make in his native country.  Wonder if they will continue their blogging duties.  Can't say I care all that much.  Was curious how they were managing to get by   And btw, how in the fuckety fuck were they ever able to afford that brownstone in the first place?  I'm assuming they didn't pull any funny stuff like Theresa & Joe, right?

• Love 1

I've read about the tenet and other unit but I'm sure it was from something written about the value of the home and it was from several years ago. The info has been out for awhile but it wasn't from Simon or Alex at least from the article I read.

• Love 1

US Magazine is reporting Bethenny Frankel has rejoined the cast.

I'd be skeptical if this were ROL or another similar tabloid, but US is usually pretty damned accurate.  

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bethenny-frankel-returning-to-rhony-for-season-7-details-2014110

Back to life, back to reality — TV, that is. Four years after she quit The Real Housewives of New York City, Bethenny Frankel is returning to her roots and rejoining the Bravo series, sources reveal exclusively in the new issue of Us Weekly.
The former talk show host, whose self-titled daytime program was cancelled in February, will appear in the show's upcoming seventh season, insiders tell Us. Producers hope her return will help boost ratings, which fell to 1 million (from a record 2.6 million) during season six. "Bringing her back is a last-ditch effort," one source says.
PHOTOS: Former Real Housewives
Frankel will benefit, too, by having an outlet to promote her Skinnygirl empire, which includes a cocktail line, shapewear, and several books, including a new children's book, Cookie Meets Peanut. (The story was inspired by her 4-year-old daughter, Bryn, and her beloved dog, Cookie.)

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bethenny-frankel-returning-to-rhony-for-season-7-details-2014110#ixzz3EuIhdJ75
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

I guess perhaps we should make Bethenny her own thread now since she's apparently no longer a Housewife Past?

ETA:  I really shouldn't post until I read an entire article....There's gold in them thar hills:  

Bensimon and Zarin left in 2011, but there's a chance the latter could make a cameo in season seven. She "might come back to rehash their issues," a second insider tells Us of Frankel's frenemy. "But so far it's just talk."

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/bethenny-frankel-returning-to-rhony-for-season-7-details-2014110#ixzz3EuPLttc1
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Anybody think in his desperation to improve the ratings on this franchise Andy might really be discussing a possible recurring role with Jill?  As much as he and production apparently loathe her, I can see him bringing her back a couple of times for a ratings spike, particularly her interacting with Bethenny.  

Season 7 sounds like it could get very interesting...Woot!!!

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 2

The Countess was on WWHL the other evening and she said she had run into Ramona and Sonja at some club before she came to the show and they asked to be seated at another table (away from her)---she laughed and said "whatever!"

I had a feeling Bethenny would be back.   I just hope Jason has something in place so she can't film their kid.    She doesn't deserve to have to be on.

Oh Beth will want the kid on.  She could throw some money at Jason & he'll be OK with it.  I don't think this is the answer to the plunging ratings.  Beths is just not appealing anymore.  But I'm not surprised she went back.  Nobody else is offering her anything on TV.

So this is their idea of saving the show?  Keep the same boring bunch, give Ramona, the only remotely interesting one to watch, less camera time, and bring the now extremely smug Beth back?  Oy, this is not good.  Ah well, anything has gotta be an improvement over awful Veevs & her slimeball father.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
Anybody think in his desperation to improve the ratings on this franchise Andy might really be discussing a possible recurring role with Jill?  As much as he and production apparently loathe her, I can see him bringing her back a couple of times for a ratings spike, particularly her interacting with Bethenny.

As much as Jillzy was annoying the shit outta me before she got the boot, I think it would be a good idea to bring her back.  Believe it or not, I think she's toned down somewhat & she might be able to get along with production & the cast.  That remains to be seen, but it's worth a shot to bring her on & see how it works.  Haven't heard anything bout this being considered so I don't think there are any plans to bring Jillzy back.

• Love 2

I'm wondering if Bethenny is doing this for Ramona. The interview I read had her kind of stammering and saying something about Ramona asked, and how she would be crazy to and she is crazy. That's not really a confirmation that she would be coming back, but it sounds like Ramona asked her to film with her. Ramona may hope that having Bethenny to film with will deflect some of the heat from her divorce situation. And honestly, I don't blame her. Even if she hadn't been smug about how wonderful her marriage was, it would suck to have filming focus on your divorce, especially since Mario seems to be going out of his way to humiliate and antagonize her. 

• Love 1

It's the judge's business if it were brought up by Jason's lawyer under the guise of the custody agreement.  Bethenny has a shitload of body issues - she admitted herself that she grew up feeling fat and was always dieting.  And that her mother was always dieting too.  I had the same reaction as the judge - when teen Bryn sees her adult mother wearing her 4x pjs, it might send a bad message to Bryn.

• Love 5

It's the judge's business if it were brought up by Jason's lawyer under the guise of the custody agreement.

But, it wasn't brought up under the guise of the custody agreement. Custody had already been settled. They were discussing the value of Bethenny's assets. None of that had anything to do with Bryn or custody. It wasn't the judge's place to censure Bethenny about that.

• Love 3

It "might" send a bad message"...spanking definitely sends a bad message, "Big people get mad and hit", but it's not controlled by judges. This is just ridiculous. Unless Byrn is harmed in some way (and not potential harm) no judge has the right to tell a parent how to parent.

• Love 1

I don't want to see Beth's ugly Homeplate (thanks to the TWOP-er for coining that one...apologies I can't remember who you were!) face again on the show. 

I imagine it's a desperate attempt by Bravo as well as Bethenny, even a little cameo here and there. Bravo knows NY is a sinking ship, Bethenny has some PR work to do since her wretchedness in the last season or 2 of her show(s) came out in full force and her divorce in the media hasn't earned her any brownie points either. The Talkshow didn't pan out as she assumed.  I think she's a creep, has 99 issues and keeps finding men who are completely wrong for her in various ways. 

Edited by diorella78
  • Love 5

Why is this the judge's business? Yeah, it was stupid, but you can't legislate stupidity. I just don't get it...

Unless Byrn is harmed in some way (and not potential harm) no judge has the right to tell a parent how to parent.

Very true to both these statements, BUT the judge is sharing what she thinks of Beths -- er, and it is her job to judge. Will it have any bearing on any decisions she makes? Could be, but probably not. Just shows Beths has extremely poor judgement when it comes to Twitter & her supposed jokes.

I just liked seeing the judge thinks Beth is as much of an asshole as I thought she was for doing that. Oh, it also gave me a giggle too. Thanks again for the giggle, judge, and for telling off Beths as she deserved to be told off. Guess not too many people are telling her off anymore & she's so smug as hell now with her 55 mil she doesn't think anyone would.

If Beth has actually decided not to return to the show or will merely make a brief Kells-like appearance, that is probably for the best (for her own sake). I am wondering what exactly Beth is considering doing with Andy. She says she doesn't wanna do a reality show where she'd be revealing aspects of her personal life, but that's all Andy seems to be able or willing to produce. And that's all Bravo seems to wanna broadcast anymore. So what does Beth think Andy can do for her? I suspect it's not gonna work out.

Beth really should do some kind of food show. That she might be good at. Well, possibly, anyway. She's extremely annoying & way full of herself at this point, so even that format could fail miserably for her as well. But I did watch her awful talk show a bit -- and as terrible as it was, and as bad as she was on it, the only watchable thing was when she did cooking segments. They were pretty good. Beth is a good cook & she has good ideas about healthy cooking. But her smugness & her personality are liabilities I just don't think she can get past now to have a successful TV show. I don't think it's gonna happen for her anymore.

I can see why she doesn't wanna go back to the show. She's at a point like Ramona. She's got a ton to hide & a shitload she doesn't wanna discuss. And that makes it difficult as hell to be on a reality show. Oh well. I'd have liked to seen her back & mix it up. Still say this show is sunk now with those 3 boring noodnicks & less (or no) Moaner. Maybe Beth couldn't save the show, but it woulda been fun to see her back. Is Andy depending now on Lu & Sonja to save the day? Oy, good luck with that strategy, Satan Andy.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

Bravo keeps saying they are developing more "non-scripted" (lol) shows for the network, but non have surfaced so far. 

Actually, as much as she annoys me, maybe a program similar to The Chew would be right for her. Or maybe replace someone on The Talk (although I imagine her ego wouldn't want to do ensemble anymore). 

• Love 2

Very true to both these statements, BUT the judge is sharing what she thinks of Beths -- er, and it is her job to judge. Will it have any bearing on any decisions she makes? Could be, but probably not. Just shows Beths has extremely poor judgement when it comes to Twitter & her supposed jokes.

Snip

"Just shows Beths has extremely poor judgement when it comes to Twitter & her supposed jokes."

I could not agree more! She uses poor judgement on many aspects of her life.  I've never seen her talk show, so I can't respond to that. And I'm not interested in her enough to want her back on RHONY. I did find her entertaining the first few years, however. 

• Love 2

BUT the judge is sharing what she thinks of Beths -- er, and it is her job to judge. Will it have any bearing on any decisions she makes? Could be, but probably not. Just shows Beths has extremely poor judgement when it comes to Twitter & her supposed jokes.

But, based on the story linked above, the judge's opinion or what she thinks of Bethenny has no bearing. The judge said this to Bethenny's lawyer - not to Bethenny. The judge is not making a decision about custody. The judge is simply there to *judge* the value of Bethenny's assets. So her job is to judge how much Bethenny's assets are worth, not what type of parent Bethenny is. Her job certainly isn't to judge Bethenny as a person or mother. So, the judge should shut her mouth about Bethenny's social media behavior and jokes. 

In this case, the judge's opinion about Bethenny as a parent (or anyone else as a parent) should have as much bearing on anything as my opinion - which is precisely zero.

• Love 3

Is this the same judge that decided custody?  To save judicial resources, couldn't the talk about both custody issues that may have arisen as well as division of assets at the same hearing?

What a judge tells the lawyer, he/she is telling the client.  

• Love 1
In this case, the judge's opinion about Bethenny as a parent (or anyone else as a parent) should have as much bearing on anything as my opinion - which is precisely zero.

Well, as someone who has spent much time in court facing judges, I would say that's NOT an advisable assumption to make -- to underestimate a judge's power.  The judge merely shared her opinion that she's annoyed with Beths & doesn't think much of her or her parenting skills.  Given the judge's position, I'd be pretty concerned if I was Beths.  Making a bad impression on a judge overseeing your case is NEVER a good thing.  Ya might wanna dial down the smugness, B.

• Love 3

Well, as someone who has spent much time in court facing judges, I would say that's NOT an advisable assumption to make -- to underestimate a judge's power.  The judge merely shared her opinion that she's annoyed with Beths & doesn't think much of her or her parenting skills.  Given the judge's position, I'd be pretty concerned if I was Beths.  Making a bad impression on a judge overseeing your case is NEVER a good thing.  Ya might wanna dial down the smugness, B.

I'm not saying Bethenny shouldn't follow the judge's advice. It's never a good idea to piss off someone who will make the final decision on how much of your money you are going to lose/keep. Plus, Bethenny does strange things for attention and should be called out regularly for her odd social media antics. I call her out myself quite often.

My only issue is that the judge wasn't deciding custody arrangements. The judge wasn't determining the well being of Brynn's safety or health under Bethenny's care. The judge is making a financial decision. Whether she likes Bethenny's parenting choices are irrelevant. If the judge was the same one who determined the custody agreement, the statement was too little too late. If this judge did not determine the custody agreement, the statement is inappropriate and shows bias. 

• Love 2

I hope B doesn't follow along with your thinking on what judges can & can't do.  But she may.  She seems to do what she pleases these days.  And with her 55 mil, she must think that's the way to go.  Good luck with that strategy, Beths.  Didn't work out so well for Satan Andy's other pals Theresa & Joe.  Well, I'm sure her lawyers are advising her to be a bit more careful, considering this judge has shared how Beth's actions are not making a good impression on her.  We'll see if she changes any.  Me doubts it.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 1

I hope B doesn't follow along with your thinking on what judges can & can't do.  [snip]

Why? 

Bethenny should listen to what a judge has to say if that judge has any say in what Bethenny's monetary situation. But, when it comes to how Bethenny should be parenting her child, she should take in to consideration that she and only she is the mother to Bryn and someone who is determining her finances has no say in how Bryn is raised.

If Bethenny were being admonished about parenting from someone who only had Bryn's interests at heart, then of course Bethenny should be listening. But, this isn't about Bethenny's parenting. This is about a judge who wants to admonish Bethenny for something she has no say in. This is about a judge who has stepped outside of her boundaries of financials to tell Bethenny how to be a parent.

I talk about B as a parent all the time. Why should my admonishments or yours be taken into more consideration than anyone else who isn't deciding custody of her child? This judge isn't making that decision. 

So, why should this judge's opinion have anything whatsoever to do with Bethenny as a parent? It sets a very bad precedent for someone whose only job is to check financials, to have a say in the parenting of a child when they aren't responsible for said child.

It would be like me simply deciding what Bethenny should and shouldn't do as a parent. As much as I could (and do) tell Bethenny what to do from watching her from TV, I know that I am not Bryn's mother and have no idea what her daily life is like. Why should a judge who is only trying to determine how much money Jason will get have more say in how Bethenny parents her child?

If this judge decided custody for Bethenny and Jason, she missed her opportunity since the custody was agreed upon. If the judge wasn't deciding custody, why is she commenting on it, unless it is to make sure she is quoted in the media? 

This isn't a case of a judge calling Bethenny out as a parent seeking custody of a child. This is a case of a judge who is supposed to value Bethenny's assets so an agreement can be made about money. Nothing in that job description says she should be commenting on Jason or Bethenny's parenting.

What if the judge had called Jason out for impregnating, marrying, and then participating in rearing a child a with a known attention whore, when the judge's only job is to value the estate of said attention whore? Would you hope that Jason had listened to that total stranger? Even if said total stranger was telling his/her opinion to Jason's lawyer?

If it were you being censured for your parenting by someone who was only supposed to be determining how money you had, would you want that person to tell you how you were supposed to be parenting your child(ren)?

• Love 3

Eh, in my time as an attorney over the last nearly 20 years I've seen a lot of judges say a lot of oddball things.  This one was pretty on target to me.  As far as pontificating on what one thinks is appropriate for a judge to say --- to me, that leads nowhere.  It's just a lot of hot air -- a pointless waste of time, leading nowhere cuz judges can mostly say & do what they want.  Dat's da way it is in our judicial system.  Just saying B might wanna take notice the judge presiding over her case isn't thrilled with her actions & B may wanna cool it.  Guess her lawyers could try to get another judge, but that could prove difficult & might piss off the judge even further.  Be much easier for Beth to just tone her shit down.  I don't think she will.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 7

That interview with Alex and Luanne that took place before the show aired seemed so sad.  I think Alex missed her chance...if she could just get over her pretension, she could have been the down to earth one, that could have laughed at all the crazy along with the audience.  It's amazing how Luanne throws shade at her in the interview by asking if she had a house in the Hamptons.  Also, Luanne meeting her soon to be ex husband in the Alps seems to be in a different league then Alex meeting her husband online.

Alex also made it seem like they begged her to be on the show because of her intellectual and cultural background, where now it feels like she would sell her right arm to be brought back.

Simon was always trying to hard to grab the spotlight from his wife when she was on the show.  I always thought that he was the bigger fame whore among the two of them.

I actually wish them the best of luck and hope they are smart enough to finally leave all this reality show foolishness behind them.

• Love 4

Eh, in my time as an attorney over the last nearly 20 years I've seen a lot of judges say a lot of oddball things.  This one was pretty on target to me.  As far as pontificating on what one thinks is appropriate for a judge to say --- to me, that leads nowhere.  It's just a lot of hot air -- a pointless waste of time, leading nowhere cuz judges can mostly say & do what they want.  Dat's da way it is in our judicial system.  Just saying B might wanna take notice the judge presiding over her case isn't thrilled with her actions & B may wanna cool it.  Guess her lawyers could try to get another judge, but that could prove difficult & might piss off the judge even further.  Be much easier for Beth to just tone her shit down.  [snip]

I completely agree with you about what Bethenny should do. The judge is human, and no matter how much she will try to remain unbiased, her opinions will play into her decision. I was not contesting that at all. I simply don't believe that this was a necessary comment when it comes to deciding finances. Jason and Bethenny have come to an agreement about custody of Brynn. A hearing about finances is not the place for the judge to air her opinion about parenting. That should have happened prior to this hearing when they were determining custody.

I am not defending Bethenny. I am saying that the judge's opinion about Bethenny as a parent is irrelevant to the proceedings at hand.

• Love 2
Simon was always trying to hard to grab the spotlight from his wife when she was on the show.  I always thought that he was the bigger fame whore among the two of them.

I actually wish them the best of luck and hope they are smart enough to finally leave all this reality show foolishness behind them.

I remember when I first saw them on the first season.  Gosh, they made a terrible first impression, didn't they?  They seemed to me like a couple of extremely unattractive social climbing wannabes who were basically loser-ish nobodies.  Have to say, my impression of them never changed much.  

OK, at least Alex cleaned up her looks quite a bit.  She must have spent a good chunk of the Bravo dough they got fixing her teeth.  Andy asked her directly if she did anything to her teeth & she denied it.  Oy, why did she bother lying bout that?  Alex, please.  Anyone with eyes can see her teeth changed drastically since she & Simon first appeared on the show.  Her skin & hair back then were absolutely dreadful.  Remember how hideous her hair looked?  And her skin was horribly splotchy.  So she must have gotten enormous help from good hair colorists & stylists & professional makeup people.  It shows.  She went from looking like a homeless woman to looking at least presentable.

I got the impression Simon could be quite a nasty character.  But he's hardly Slade.  While I never got a con artist vibe from him, they started the show trying to pretend they were something they weren't.  I guess we can assume Andy hired them merely to be mocked & they just never got it.  Hard to believe they never caught on.  As clever as they both seem to think they are, I don't think they ever got that Satan Andy & the other asshole producers were ALWAYS mocking them.

That interview with Alex and Luanne that took place before the show aired seemed so sad.  I think Alex missed her chance...if she could just get over her pretension, she could have been the down to earth one, that could have laughed at all the crazy along with the audience.  It's amazing how Luanne throws shade at her in the interview by asking if she had a house in the Hamptons.  Also, Luanne meeting her soon to be ex husband in the Alps seems to be in a different league then Alex meeting her husband online.

I guess maybe poor Alex was thinking in her deluded mind that she & Lu ran in the same circles?  Er, what the fuckety fuck, Alex?  Lu married someone worth millions & lived with him all over Europe for many years, while you, Alex, married a hotel manager.  Er, slight difference there, eh?

OK, don't beat me senseless for thinking this, but I'll kinda miss Alex's recaps.  Sure, she could be extremely smug & annoying, but she did offer some insider insight I thought could be interesting & worth listening to -- sometimes, at least.  And no, I don't think she'll be doing the recaps anymore cuz Bravo broadcasts stuff at different timing (schedules, not time zones) here than Australia, so it wouldn't work.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 3
I guess we can assume Andy hired them merely to be mocked & they just never got it.  Hard to believe they never caught on.  As clever as they both seem to think they are, I don't think they ever got that Satan Andy & the other asshole producers were ALWAYS mocking them.

Yeah, sometimes I wondered how the heck Alex kept on signing up for the abuse, when she knew darn well Andy was never going to portray her family in a favorable light.  I know Bravo has a lot of stipulations in their contracts, but there had to be some point they could have walked away.

I guess as they started getting into rough financial straits...they had no choice but to rely on the Bravo gravy train.  I hope they both realized that they are simply not built for reality t.v. and focus on raising their sons in a healthy environment.

• Love 2

I guess we can assume Andy hired them merely to be mocked & they just never got it.  Hard to believe they never caught on.  As clever as they both seem to think they are, I don't think they ever got that Satan Andy & the other asshole producers were ALWAYS mocking them.

I can actually excuse Alex and Simon's first season. The show they signed up for, Manhattan Moms, was nothing like the finished product that became Real Housewives. Manhattan moms was supposed to be about parents trying to get their kids into the best schools, so the social climbing made sense in that light. 

But, after it was clear that this wasn't going to be a show focusing on the things New York helicopter parents would do to give their kids a leg up, Alex and Simon should have dialed it back and just been proud of being down to earth Brooklyn parents. They would have been much more relatable if we saw them doing things in and around Brooklyn. 

• Love 4

I can actually excuse Alex and Simon's first season. The show they signed up for, Manhattan Moms, was nothing like the finished product that became Real Housewives. Manhattan moms was supposed to be about parents trying to get their kids into the best schools, so the social climbing made sense in that light.

But, after it was clear that this wasn't going to be a show focusing on the things New York helicopter parents would do to give their kids a leg up, Alex and Simon should have dialed it back and just been proud of being down to earth Brooklyn parents. They would have been much more relatable if we saw them doing things in and around Brooklyn.

Ah, but I actually like A&S. I liked that they weren't really wealthy, that they seemed not just okay but proud of their horrible refurbed place in Cobble Hill. No, not dissing Cobble Hill, just their goth black and red refurb--yikes. I liked that they perceived their perfectly normal kids as exceptional, brilliant and beyond the pale...just like most parents see their kids. I enjoyed their maybe even real love of the finer things; opera openings so they could rub elbows with the hoi-polloi, off season trips to the 'good' places, their tiny Hamptons rental, clothes they couldn't afford.

They were deluded, of course, but they were real in their deluded way. I actually kind of miss them. And Simon's fashion choices.

• Love 5
They were deluded, of course, but they were real in their deluded way. I actually kind of miss them. And Simon's fashion choices.

It kind of reminds me of when Simon performed his single I'm Real on Andy's show in shiny electric blue pants.

You could see they had the potential to be likable, but they always seemed to make the wrong move in front of the cameras.

• Love 3

It kind of reminds me of when Simon performed his single I'm Real on Andy's show in shiny electric blue pants.

You could see they had the potential to be likable, but they always seemed to make the wrong move in front of the cameras.

Next to the infamous "He ruined the fucking surprise!!!" limo ride-to-crappy-party-at-home temper tantrum, the rainbow suit-wearing shit-fit over not getting to deliver his big speech at the Pride parade, and the creepy red shiny pants dance-off with Ramona at some charity party, Simon earnestly performing that godawful disco trash in shiny blue pants on "Watch What Happens Live" is probably the greatest of Simon's most awkwardly cringe-worthy moments.

So that's all I can offer as to why Alex & Simon weren't more likable and embraced by fans: they were completely, uncomfortably awkward.

And not even in an ironic, amusing Napoleon Dynamite-sorta way, but awkward in that sadly clueless way.

They genuinely didn't seem to understand how dorky and lame they truly were.

They just never learned to embrace their inner-geeks and were always desperately striving to be seen as cooler and more-connected than they could ever hope to be.

Thank gods they're moving back to Oz already.

• Love 1

Andy soooo needs to buy that Warhol/Nagel-esque painting of The Countess's head---that's hilarious!!!! It's so damned tacky and cheesetacular that it would look lovely amidst of all his other gaudy junk on the set of WWHL.

The rest of the stuff at her estate sale? Meh...pretty boring overall. Typical Hamptons-style shabby chic blandness.

Figures that Lu just found most of it at that nearby Hamptons furniture store. For such a stylish gal otherwise, her taste in home decor has never really grabbed me as unique or elegant.

• Love 2

I always liked her house and decorations, not over the top or screaming 'DESIGNER'!!

But man, "books by the foot" in that house - I always hate that, beautiful bookcases without real books to read.  I'd like to think she took out any books she and family really read before staging for sale (both house and estate).  Did she buy all completely new stuff for the smaller house she bought last year?  Yikes.

Okaaaay, so Lu doesn't do garage sales & insisted it had to be called an estate sale.  Oh no, I'm gettin' a bad feeling the old stick-up-her-butt snooty Lu is back again, now that she's full time.  Hope not.

I don't think the snooty, stick-up-her butt Lu ever truly left the building.  She's a wily ol' coyote.  Imo, she was on her best behavior whilst a part-timer to secure her full-time job and win over some castmates and viewers.

That said, my prediction for next season?  Now that she's full time and a viewer's favorite, she'll be on opposite sides of the couch' from Heather and Carole.  She'll remember her perceived bad treatment by them and will show them who's Countess.  If Beth comes back, I can see the both of them tag teaming against the gruesome twosome.  I'd watch that.

• Love 2

Okaaaay, so Lu doesn't do garage sales & insisted it had to be called an estate sale.  Oh no, I'm gettin' a bad feeling the old stick-up-her-butt snooty Lu is back again, now that she's full time.  Hope not.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/confidential/luann-de-lesseps-ready-unload-article-1.1977284

In my neighborhood there is a very big difference between the two....an estate sale is usually the contents of a house...furniture or anything of real value; a garage sale is quite often a bunch of junk that the person holding it hopes will become another's treasure.

• Love 5