Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of Housewives Past: Jill Zarin, Alex, and the Rest

• Start Topic

I understand that Jill may have been persuaded by the Wife Swap producers to act a certain way for the show -the "rich city socialite in the country" narrative, but why would she agree to do this? She just came off so out of touch and insulting to working people. I checked her Facebook and almost every comment is slamming her. I thought she would have wanted to rehab her "diva" reputation she earned on HWNY.

An example of her comments (paraphrased): "The people that work for me have to live somewhere. They must live in a community like this".

"Be honest. Do you really like doing it for yourself, or is it just because you can't afford to hire help?"

The most hilarious thing was she had her own book in her hands while she was talking to the husband in one scene.

• Love 2

I understand that Jill may have been persuaded by the Wife Swap producers to act a certain way for the show -the "rich city socialite in the country" narrative, but why would she agree to do this? She just came off so out of touch and insulting to working people. I checked her Facebook and almost every comment is slamming her. I thought she would have wanted to rehab her "diva" reputation she earned on HWNY.

An example of her comments (paraphrased): "The people that work for me have to live somewhere. They must live in a community like this".

"Be honest. Do you really like doing it for yourself, or is it just because you can't afford to hire help?"

The most hilarious thing was she had her own book in her hands while she was talking to the husband in one scene.

I agree with your whole post. Her holding her book just cracked me up. So typical Jill. I'm sure there are some scenes on the cutting room floor with her touting her book and Jewish mothering ways. The whole show was so stilted and contrived, but as always......the real Jill was ever present.

The problem with Jill is that she thinks she's cute, funny and witty.  It's ok if she practically calls someone trailer trash to their face.  Oh comeon! She's just kidding around!  Or that's what she thinks.  In her mind she's always the innocent one.  I keep thinking of her walking into the girls having pedicures on St John with her innocent,'' Hiiiiiii!" and shark smile as if she hadn't been the enemy all season.  Not HER fault if they misunderstood her.  And they're so mean.  Bawby, get me outta here! 

• Love 1

frankel14n-2-web.jpg

B looks gross.  Are we supposed to believe that she's wearing a 4T in this photo?  How did she smoosh her huge implants down?  And are those supposed to be her daughter's slippers as well?  Another stunt.  Just gross.

In all the years I've been posting on twop and now here ,for the last few months ,I've never used language like this ( in real life yes, but here I try to keep it klassy) but this is the most single fucked up thing I have ever seen. What the fuck? This woman is really disturbed. Who would even think to do this?? I just can't . Why Bethenny why?

Ok now I have to watch Jill on wife swap. I will hate myself ,but I must. Damn you posters for making it sound so deliciously evil.

• Love 4

Andy made B his jackhole of the day earlier this week.  Wonder if she told him too to get more publicity. 

B is claiming that her daughter insisted that she put on her 'pretty dress' so she had no choice.  Brynne (sp) is small for her age.  No way that the same pjs that fit her daughter fit B.  And no way is the child taking that photo.

• Love 4

I just read the recap for Wife Swap and I can not believe how bad Jill seemed.  I mean that was a straight forward recap that did not contain snark and I still wanted to strangle her.  I have to ask, since I refuse to watch the show....was Jenna's house that bad or was Jill just being horrible? She really thinks that she is up there and the rest of us small folk are down here. (tm crazy Kelly).

I think Bethany has always been a very insecure woman.  She thinks the only thing she has over other women (before she became filthy rich) is her skinniness.  Heck, she had even made an empire out of being skinny.  I bet she is one of those people that subscribes to you can never be too thin.  I hope she is not transferring her body issues to her daughter.

• Love 2

In all the years I've been posting on twop and now here ,for the last few months ,I've never used language like this ( in real life yes, but here I try to keep it klassy) but this is the most single fucked up thing I have ever seen. What the fuck? This woman is really disturbed. Who would even think to do this?? I just can't . Why Bethenny why?

Ok now I have to watch Jill on wife swap. I will hate myself ,but I must. Damn you posters for making it sound so deliciously evil.

She seems very ill to me as well. I don't know if it's stress, disordered eating, diet pills, all of the above? When you starve yourself down to that weight, which looks very close to the weight I was at before IP back When, I'm sorry, you no longer have a handle on reality. Usually though, it's the younger, more naive girls who do this, take the triggering photos, pose so their bones show, give out numbers, weights, and stats (see clothing size, referenced) to seek out validation from their peers. It has a lot less to do with "aren't I skinny?" (That's the disorder) and more to do with the enormous amount of self loathing it takes to not eat, not any kind of self discipline or control. That's just dieting and this is no diet, that's for sure. Bethany seems very, very miserable to me. I didn't know that about her boyfriend and that's ... terrifying. Holy shit. Like, I fucking feel sorry for her. She must hate herself.

Clearly the once-beloved Greek chorus is playing out now as a tragedy. Sad.

• Love 6
I have to ask, since I refuse to watch the show....was Jenna's house that bad or was Jill just being horrible? She really thinks that she is up there and the rest of us small folk are down here. (tm crazy Kelly).

Jenna's house didn't even stand out to me. It just seemed like a regular house. Nothing struck me, such as it being filthy or too small or anything like that. It seemed cozy, and I'd rather live there than in the cold opulence that is Jill's summer retreat.

I watched Wife Swap last night. Jill introduced herself to her new 'husband' thus:  "I'm the star of the Real Housewives of New York".  And when she had to cook a whole fish for dinner, she nearly freaked. But I LOL'd when she did a TH about it and instead of saying "I winged it" and managed to get a meal on the plate she said "I wung it".

I thought Ally looked lovely - what a pretty girl she is. There was a baby picture shown of her and Jill and I didn't realise before that Ally has the most beautiful blue eyes. They aren't contacts, because she had them when she was a baby. Jill's eyes are brown. I liked Jill's hair shorter and I thought she looked pretty good. Bobby looked botoxed and as if he was on medication.

• Love 5

I watched Wife Swap last night. Jill introduced herself to her new 'husband' thus: "I'm the star of the Real Housewives of New York". And when she had to cook a whole fish for dinner, she nearly freaked. But I LOL'd when she did a TH about it and instead of saying "I winged it" and managed to get a meal on the plate she said "I wung it".

I thought Ally looked lovely - what a pretty girl she is. There was a baby picture shown of her and Jill and I didn't realise before that Ally has the most beautiful blue eyes. They aren't contacts, because she had them when she was a baby. Jill's eyes are brown. I liked Jill's hair shorter and I thought she looked pretty good. Bobby looked botoxed and as if he was on medication.

I feel sorry for Bobby, not just because of Jill, you're right, I never realized it before, but when he came on screen (even back in the HW heyday before illness) I'd look at him and kind of mentally check off heart disease, sleep apnea, poor diet, a host of things would through my head. He was always puffy and had ruddy colored skin from what I recall. He seemed just not to have that healthy vitality. It's like at night when the poor man sleeps, I can totally imagine Jill leaning in with her wolfish teeth and sucking out his life-breath, bit by bit... I know, that's totally horrible & creepy. But yet, it's so Jill.

I don't think I will watch. I don't want to feed into Jill's delusion that she is still somehow a "draw" for television. And you just know she is counting every single click and notification to make sure she can prove to herself that she is still noteworthy and watchable and that Andy was just crazy to fire her. 

• Love 1

B is claiming that her daughter insisted that she put on her 'pretty dress' so she had no choice.  Brynne (sp) is small for her age.  No way that the same pjs that fit her daughter fit B.  And no way is the child taking that photo.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought this. It's the skeevy boyfriend. And notice how she was wearing his oversized clothes in the follow-up picture she posted. And that just brings it to a whole other level.

• Love 1
I don't think I will watch.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.  I'm watching now.  She's really forced & hammy & she's persistently interrupting the other host, who has to constantly correct her cuz she's giving wrong information.  She's trying to pretend she knows about gemstones, but failing miserably.  She clearly knows nothing.  I'm embarrassed for Jillzy cuz she's making such a fool of herself.  Oy, Andy did NOT make a wrong decision.  The woman is maddening!!!

• Love 1

That she thought she was swapping with Faith Hill had me laughing. Maybe that's why they rented the Hampton's McMansion and planned the big party on Jenna's first night, only to have to have her answer the question, "Who are YOU?"

Jill's old house in the Hampton's looked so much better than this one (as in "lived in"; "homey décor") but this was vintage, ostentatious Jill--fake address but impressing everyone that they lived so affluently with waterfront property (and a glass staircase! Who wants someone looking up your dress when you go upstairs? It's like a boardwalk for rich people.)

I couldn't believe Jill left Ginger for a week. I felt kind of bad for Alli when her mother talked about children being "overrated" (unlike Chihuahuas) and even said something like "I don't have any children so I don't understand babies". But Alli seems very grounded (and Bobby is silently long-suffering and indulgent as always)..

If anyone cares Kells has a new rent-a-dude. Guess the amazing Max is ancient history-

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2712806/Kelly-Bensimon-cuddles-boyfriend-Alejandro-Lorenzo-romantic-dinner-date-New-York.html

Why are her rental guys always so young & European?

Kelly's relationships with men always remind me of those blind item rumors that Britney Spears's family hires guys to date her but really they're more like babysitters who are compensated for keeping her happy and out of trouble while keeping her people updated on her emotional health. I could see a similar situation with Kelly.

Ok forgive me for the body snark. It's never ok and I'm going to hell, but what is up with Kelly's body? It always looks so strange and lumpy. Like someone made a woman from spare parts lying around. Bad plastic surgery? Maybe a tummy tuck gone wrong?

• Love 4

Kelly's relationships with men always remind me of those blind item rumors that Britney Spears's family hires guys to date her but really they're more like babysitters who are compensated for keeping her happy and out of trouble while keeping her people updated on her emotional health. I could see a similar situation with Kelly.

Ok forgive me for the body snark. It's never ok and I'm going to hell, but what is up with Kelly's body? It always looks so strange and lumpy. Like someone made a woman from spare parts lying around. Bad plastic surgery? Maybe a tummy tuck gone wrong?

There's definitely a tuck of some kind. I'm also on my way to hell.

• Love 4

HAHAHAHAHA!!! LMAO! Did you get that picture from her Playboy pictorial?

The saddest part is that she actually paid for those things!!! I had to guiltily giggle back when Ramona rather shockingly asked her to her face about her bad boob job. It was soooo damned inappropriate, but goddamnit, was Ramona ballsy enough to ask about the elephant in the, ehhh, blouse.

• Love 3

HI all!  I am a newbie to seasons 1-4.  I am now watching Season 1.  Two episodes in and I want to slug Alex and her look-alike husband.  She is beyond irritating.  Please tell me after their "we're so lucky" crap that he has a million side pieces or they are divorced?  I know that''s an awful thing to say but anyone who brags about how good their marriage is makes me think they are heading for divorce court.

LuAnn.  That woman has the best body and wardrobe.  I know she's had the same hair for many years now but it looks good on her.  

Ramona.  She has the most bizarre movements.  She has a great body and yet she walks like a truck driver.  

Jill.  The attempts to make her hubby and daughter close are just bad.  Leave them the fuck alone!  And the holistic detox?  What a waste of money!

I know that''s an awful thing to say but anyone who brags about how good their marriage is makes me think they are heading for divorce court.

And yet, they are still together if I'm not mistaken and not the ones that get burn by their bragging habits !

Welcome to the show debuts, here's hoping you'll enjoy the ride !

Edited by Pollock
  • Love 1

Yea, Simon and Alex could be a lot to handle, but they are one of the few couples that I really do think were made for each other. Their adulation of one other could be quite over the top, yet I found it genuine. 

• Love 1

@sasha206 ~ Alex and Simon are still together. Alex blogs about the Housewives and other reality shows under the name The Real Deal. Heres her youtube channel:

www.youtube.com/user/McCordAlex

The Real Deal is also a featured on the website The Stir.

Her husband, Simon posts here giving tv ratings. His user name is something like RealityShowRatings hopefully someone will come along and give the correct name.

The "gay husband" was a staple on the housewife shows for awhile. Several of the ATL wives had a gay buddy and Jeana in OC had a gay buddy slash designer slash houseguest too. I'm sure there were more but those are the ones that come to mind. It currently doesn't seem to be a popular storyline which is good thing because I always felt the guys were being used and I'm pretty sure not being paid.

• Love 1

Yea, Simon and Alex could be a lot to handle, but they are one of the few couples that I really do think were made for each other. Their adulation of one other could be quite over the top, yet I found it genuine. 

However, they apparently decided their marriage was in "jeopardy" to get on another reality show, "Couples Therapy."  

I'm sure they do love each other, but the dynamic on the show -- at least the first couple of episodes -- it seems like an unheathy fixation.  But hey, glad it works for her.  I just find her so unbelievably pretentious and so worried about social climbing that I want to punch her!

And yet, they are still together if I'm not mistaken and not the ones that get burn by their bragging habits !

Welcome to the show debuts, here's hoping you'll enjoy the ride !

Thanks all!  Kind of fun watching the Ramona/LuAnn dynamic from the very beginning.  Interesting also to see Mario, who comes off as a great dad to Avery.  I also do like that Ramona instilling the "make your own money" ideal to her daughter.  

HI all!  I am a newbie to seasons 1-4.  I am now watching Season 1.  

Have you met Ramona's tennis instructor yet? The one who is kinda hot in a cheesy, 80’s, just-one- Hawaiian shirt- away-from- being Tom Selleck sort of way. The one who says he is a “tennis pro in the Hamptons…by day.”  I've always wondered if he and MaxMax were co-workers…by night.

• Love 2

So based on the comments I have read, it sounds like many people HATE Jill Zarin.  She and Bethenny are my favorite on this show so far.  Based on seeing the first year, I'd love it if the two came back! Jill is annoying but likable to me.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 1
However, they apparently decided their marriage was in "jeopardy" to get on another reality show, "Couples Therapy."

Whaaaaat? I haven't seen all seasons. Was this an old one? Or are they going to be on the upcoming one?

You'll know exactly why in season 3. Enjoy!!

Ha!  Can't wait! 

I'm on Season 2 where Kelly Bessimon comes in.  My God that woman has the worst boob implants and beef jerky skin.

Bethenney's boob implants are terrible too.  The rest of her body is slamming.

Ha!  Can't wait! 

I'm on Season 2 where Kelly Bessimon comes in.  My God that woman has the worst boob implants and beef jerky skin.

She is also very... lumpy in odd places.  Edited to add: Hiiieeee!!

Edited by comatoast
  • Love 2

Just wait until Ramona tells Kelli her boobs go different directions. Ramona is quite the truth canon.

To be fair, she was looking out for Kelly. She just wanted to make sure Kelly had fixed those wonky boobs before she flashed them in Playboy.  Ramona is just so misunderstood.

• Love 4

Back to Alex McCord...I just watched the episode where she and Simon rent this crappy house in the Hamptons and she pretty much complains that it isn't St. Barth's because she's just soooooo upper crust.  And then the owner of the rental does that new age bullshit spa treatments.  When she gets to rubbing Alex's feet, I was aghast.  Her feet are uglier than mine!  Looked like she had some big fungus toe.

Is there something redeeming about this woman?  I haven't found it yet.  She is so unbelievably pretentious and so clearly wants to be thought about as upper crust even though they eschewed that during the first season's reunion.   

And her husband looks like the male version of her.  They both look like their heads were caught in a vice. 

Ramona...holy fuck, going up to the Paterson and talking about her "blindess."  

• Love 1

Back to Alex McCord...I just watched the episode where she and Simon rent this crappy house in the Hamptons and she pretty much complains that it isn't St. Barth's because she's just soooooo upper crust.  And then the owner of the rental does that new age bullshit spa treatments.  When she gets to rubbing Alex's feet, I was aghast.  Her feet are uglier than mine!  Looked like she had some big fungus toe.

Is there something redeeming about this woman?  I haven't found it yet.  She is so unbelievably pretentious and so clearly wants to be thought about as upper crust even though they eschewed that during the first season's reunion.   

And her husband looks like the male version of her.  They both look like their heads were caught in a vice. Although I do think Simon seems like a nice guy (but I'm still in seasion 2)

Could Beths & even Jillzy really be comin' back?  OMG!!!

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/08/bethenny-frankel-talks-return-rhony/

I'm kinda shocked, but watching Jillzy here, she's actually quite good & unbelievably to me -- very low key & & um, I hesitate to say this . . . likable.  WTF???

http://ktla.com/2014/08/04/former-nyc-housewife-jill-zarin-shares-her-thoughts-on-avivas-leg-throwing-incident/

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

LuAnn is insufferable in the early years.  The mentoring of youth at YMCA and her telling the kids anything is possible - she married a Count!  And then her telling the fat girl who wants to be a model that losing weight is easy to do.  I hope they edited out where the girl mentioned needing to lose weight because if LuAnn just came out with that...yikes.  

And Kelly has the most irritated voice ever.   It's so hard for me to believe she went to Columbia; she is so inarticulate.

Edited by sasha206

Radar isn't the most trustworthy source, so I'll wait to see if we hear from anyone else. I always liked Bethenny, but the way she has handled her divorce has really turned me sour on her. She seems to have some real problems and I don't really think she needs to be back on reality tv. 

• Love 2

Radar isn't the most trustworthy source, so I'll wait to see if we hear from anyone else. I always liked Bethenny, but the way she has handled her divorce has really turned me sour on her. She seems to have some real problems and I don't really think she needs to be back on reality tv.

I would think she'd see this as a step down for her. I sure would. But I'm sane and would never be on a reality show anyway.

Ha!  Forgot about that.

LuAnn is insufferable in the early years.  The mentoring of youth at YMCA and her telling the kids anything is possible - she married a Count!  And then her telling the fat girl who wants to be a model that losing weight is easy to do.  I hope they edited out where the girl mentioned needing to lose weight because if LuAnn just came out with that...yikes. .

All these things listed, and more, were reasons I couldn't stand Lu.  She must've really changed because Heather has deemed her a worthy friend and Heather thinks elitist snobs would be beaten with a leg in the ghetto.  Lu was (is?) the epitome of elitist snob.

I think Bethenny should stay home with all her lovely money and raise her daughter. 

• Love 3