Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Silicone Valley

In the Season 1 finale, a transgender pop star needs her pixie ears fixed before shooting a music video; and a model goes under the knife to correct under-eye bags. Also: Paul provides the finishing touches for a patient born with a birth defect.

I was born with a cleft palate (lucky not to have the lip). I am wondering if there are better procedures now for young patients. I had 3 surgeries back in 1975 with one of them botched. So glad they were able to correct what they could.

• Love 4

Is it me or did the woman with a former cleft palate seem a bit whiny? I mean, it sucked that her nose wasn't quite perfect but to hear her go on and on about it...

The bag lady from Tijuana was a trip. That bar she debuted her new face looked like a low-rent stripper bar.

Why was Janice Dickerson on again?

Is it just me, or does Monique have a better shot at a modeling career than Myesha? L. A models ? Sure honey, keep telling yourself that. They don't take on thirtyish models for fashion. Annoying dumbass.

• Love 2
They are exhausting to listen to and I just don't respect them.

I don't think I can watch this next season because every single patient has been a total nitwit in one way or the other. Cleft palate woman? YOUR NOSE ALREADY LOOKS NORMAL! Half the patients are obsessed with imaginary problems that don't need to be "fixed" and the other half have deliberately made themselves into ridiculous and ugly caricatures. Might as well rename the show Neuroses on Parade.

Looking back, The Swan doesn't seem so bad after all ....

• Love 3

Who was that video marketed to? Straight guys? Gay guys? People with a lot of time to waste? Sorry Mo, you have a winning personality but sexy you are not. Shame as she was a gorgeous young woman.

• Love 3

I don't think I can watch this next season because every single patient has been a total nitwit in one way or the other. Cleft palate woman? YOUR NOSE ALREADY LOOKS NORMAL! Half the patients are obsessed with imaginary problems that don't need to be "fixed" and the other half have deliberately made themselves into ridiculous and ugly caricatures. Might as well rename the show Neuroses on Parade.

Looking back, The Swan doesn't seem so bad after all ....

I agree. And what kills me is most of these people who perceive themselves to be so hideous have long term significant others who love them regardless. Cleft palate chick looked fine, yet she convinced herself she is flawed. I have seen many other people who were born with cleft palate that look way more obvious than she does.

Monique was terrifying. Her lips looked like pool floats.

• Love 8

Free floating silicone is like having a vial of restylayne injected, except that restylayne is absorbed and pretty much harmless. Silicone basically stays forever and is harmful. Contained silicone would be enclosed in an implant. Very very bad idea. That was all that beady lumpiness Monique had all over her torso and butt.

ETA. The contained silicone is basically safe, but the free silicone is very dangerous.

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1

Is it me or did the woman with a former cleft palate seem a bit whiny? I mean, it sucked that her nose wasn't quite perfect but to hear her go on and on about it...

Plus??? People who end every sentence like it's a question?? Like realllleeee?  Get on my nerves????

Another annoying thing!!!! Women who say, "WE got pregnant".  Really?  Which one of you is gonna give birth????

• Love 5

I was surprised that the doctors operated on Monique, after she confessed to having had 200 surgeries. Clearly she had issues. She looked absolutely WRECKED and terrifying. I can imagine children running and screaming when they see her on the street. That face--just yikes!

Again, I wonder where the hell these people get the money for all those surgeries.

• Love 3

Is it just me, or does Monique have a better shot at a modeling career than Myesha? L. A models ? Sure honey, keep telling yourself that. They don't take on thirtyish models for fashion. Annoying dumbass.

For real! I can't seriously believe she gets modeling work.

I just can't even with Monique. Sometimes you just gotta look away from the trainwreck.

• Love 1

Plus??? People who end every sentence like it's a question?? Like realllleeee?  Get on my nerves????

Another annoying thing!!!! Women who say, "WE got pregnant".  Really?  Which one of you is gonna give birth????

Two huge pet peeves of mine--I feel your pain!

• Love 4

Nose job woman.  The vow renewal was nice.  Except for a pet peeve of mine.  Wedding gown purchases should come with walking lessons. All dressed up, a new face and she lumbered down the aisle.  Sorry to be so shallow.  But shallowness fits this show.

Myesha may be getting modeling jobs. She didn't say what kind of modeling. 

Edited by beagletime
  • Love 1

Random questions about this show:

• What level of stupidity do people need to think that quality plastic surgery can be had for bargain basement prices in Mexico (or other foreign countries)?
  • Is it narcissistic to want to throw a (gathering of their choice) so that loved ones can behold the new (tummy, nose, boobs)?
  • Why do these conceited freaks think that expanding their breasts to the size of basketballs is a good idea?
  • Why does Monique think that fixing her ears will do wonders for her career when she has a face that would inspire Halloween masks?
  • Love 6

Nightmare-inducing face on Monique.  The patients on this show are dreamers or delusional.  I think it's like weight-loss, in that the person thinks EVERYTHING will be better in their lives if they get this one thing fixed.  The lip/nose girl did not look so happy at her wedding.  I figure each one will be back with the "next thing" to fix to improve their lives.

• Love 1
Did nose/lip girl still have some swelling going on? Because her nose looked HUGE. It was definitely straighter, but man, Dr Nassif gave her a huge honker.

Her lip looked better (not that it was terribly noticeable before) but her nose was ... I don't want to say worse, because it looked fine to me both ways, but it was certainly bigger. As for the tummy tuck, I could barely see any difference. Geez.

Is there a mental disorder like body dysmorphia in reverse? If so, I have it.

I didn't see Janice in this episode.  Where did she pop up?  

I was subtly mocking Monique.

Free floating silicone is like having a vial of restylayne injected, except that restylayne is absorbed and pretty much harmless. Silicone basically stays forever and is harmful. Contained silicone would be enclosed in an implant. Very very bad idea. That was all that beady lumpiness Monique had all over her torso and butt.

If Monique willingly had loose Silicon injections, he got what he deserved. Quite frankly, I preferred the pre-surgery photos to the monstrosity I saw on my TV. I am sure that sycophantic entourage isn't doing any favours, either.

Kelly should have had something done about those tramp stamps I saw at her wedding. Upon further thought, something is odd about the timing of her surgery. Can one plan a wedding in less than six months, or however long that was after her surgery? It seemed odd that she'd begin planning the event without a couple months of recovery, etc, so was the surgery planned ahead of time as part of the preparation?

• Love 1

The transgender lady was hotter than I've ever been right after her transition, going by the pictures of her.  But then she ... changed.  I wonder whether there's more body dysmorphia in the transgender community?  Because it seemed odd that she'd take that monumental step to have reassignment surgery, have such magnificent results, then transform herself from a really beautiful woman into a drag queen parody.

Cleft palate lady was yet another gloomy gus with a  loving, supportive partner - must be part of the casting listing!  I smiled at her walking down the aisle as well -- I put it down to the expensive heels that nobody will see that she HAD to have to make her day perfect.  

Nassif has very little patience for the fame whore-iest people.  When the "model" was rattling off all her prepared "baggage" material, he looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there.

• Love 3

Why all the trannies on here?  OK, I'm a gay male & I don't relate to them at all, so I can only imagine what straight people are thinkin'.  Er, are they being presented here as freaks?  Cuz that I have a problem with.  What percentage of the people on this thing are totally cra-zazy?

• Love 3

Those fake plump lips are never flattering, not even when they are more subtle than Monique's.  The fat lips and botox look is the new blue hair old lady look to me. Folks, it is not making you look younger, it just makes you look fake and desperate. And melty. Like a burn patient.

andyourlittledog2- (gawd I love that name!) -  I wish I could take credit for this, but on a UK website someone asked "Since when did American women all start to look like ducks in a wind tunnel?

• Love 2

I think Myesha is delusional. There is no way in hell she would ever make it as a model. Think she would need an orthodontist and an oral surgeon first. And last time I checked, there weren't any models with big booties in Vogue. Although I am sure there is a niche market for her.

• Love 2

I thought Moesha might be transgender too. BTW, Transgender doesn't mean being a freak . We have just seen people who are freaks regardless of how they identify. I thought Monique had a very feminine vibe, and again, it's a shame what she did to herself. I did like her personality which is unusual for this show

Poop, autocorrect changed Myesha to Miesha.

Edited by maraleia
  • Love 3

That cleft palate woman ended up walking down the aisle with a potato nose.I suspect that it's still very swollen, but damn...if I were the surgeon, I would now want my work on display when it's not even healed yet!

I also thought Moesha was transgender! Honey, please stop holding on to those modeling dreams. Numer one, you're too old, and number two, well.....your face.

• Love 2

I just can't even with Monique. Sometimes you just gotta look away from the trainwreck.

I wish I had, I had horrible dreams after watching this episode, those lips, that wretched video. Please make it stop!

• Love 1

Just saw the episode.  I thought Kelly looked nice at her wedding.  Her nose does look like it will come down more, but it is straight and even.  Her lips look better too.  I appreciated that Dr. Nassif said he would rather go under than over on adding fat to the lips.  If only all of the other doctors creating duck lipped freaks would think that way. 

Myesha was just annoying.  She is an attractive woman but she is sooooooo needy and delusional.  She is not going to be a fashion model.  She has a serious case of look-at-me-itis.  Turn it down, crazy lady.

And thinking of crazy, my TIVO loves me.  It cut off Monique's video.  Her ears were her big problem?  What about her monstrous lips and cheeks.  

I have several trans friends, both MTF and FTM.  Some I met well after their transitions and some I have known from prior to their coming out.  The transpersons on this show are just extreme famewhores like most of the cisgendered people.  I swear they look for some special level of crazy exhibitionist when casting.  

• Love 6

One thing kept resonating in my mind watching this latest episode:  what would we have thought seeing someone like Monique (especially sans the tons of makeup...shudder) in the 70's??? Even as much as we see it these days, we still recoil.  Decades ago we would have thought....what?  They were part of a circus sideshow????

Why all the trannies on here?  OK, I'm a gay male & I don't relate to them at all, so I can only imagine what straight people are thinkin'.  Er, are they being presented here as freaks?  Cuz that I have a problem with.  What percentage of the people on this thing are totally cra-zazy?

Just my opinion but I don't think there is an hidden agenda to present them as freaks because they are transexuals. People on this show are mostly freaky and I don't think anybody draws conclusions like every men want fake cartoonish muscles, women want to look like they are conserved in formalin and transexuals like a bee allergy gone worse ! 

And as one of the straight people I just see transexuals on this show as another woman with body image issues. I didn't even realise before coming to this topic, because I watch doing something else, that Monique wasn't born female. I thought she was another Big Ang and didn't think twice about it !

• Love 2

what would we have thought seeing someone like Monique (especially sans the tons of makeup...shudder) in the 70's???

I'm curious how many of these people will look when they themselves are in their 70s. Imagine a frail, stooped, blue-haired woman with perky bolted-on DDDs or drooling duck lips [vomit]. Half of the wonky facelifts already look like stroke victims - how many will garner emergent EMS phone calls from well-meaning passersby when they reach old age?

• Love 5
'm curious how many of these people will look when they themselves are in their 70s. Imagine a frail, stooped, blue-haired woman with perky bolted-on DDDs or drooling duck lips [vomit]. Half of the wonky facelifts already look like stroke victims - how many will garner emergent EMS phone calls from well-meaning passersby when they reach old age?

Stella MD - I wonder about these things, too.  And aren't all of the tattoos going to be lovely on the older folks.

The girl that does my facials swears that sometime in the future, botox injected areas are just gonna start falling off with chunks of flesh.

Edited by zillabreeze
  • Love 1

That depends on your definition of "crazy", but almost of the people on this show have mental problems of some sort.

Myesha looked gorgeous.  Shit, I'd kill for her body, she as tall, slim with a nice behind.  I thought her face looked better.  I can see her modeling, not runway, but catalog, because in real life, women do have behinds.

Monique "singing" "Here kitty, kitty" scared the shit out of me.  She looked scary with those ugly lips.  

Lol. Monique lisping "here kitty kitty" probably prompted a mass exodus if kitties in the opposite direction, and some of those cats were probably hungry. I wonder how old she is? My guess is early sixties.

• Love 1

I was surprised that the doctors operated on Monique, after she confessed to having had 200 surgeries. Clearly she had issues. She looked absolutely WRECKED and terrifying. I can imagine children running and screaming when they see her on the street. That face--just yikes!

Again, I wonder where the hell these people get the money for all those surgeries.

I was surprised as well. I really thought they would take on look at her and say hell no.

I figured she would be the one they turn down for surgery since they seem to have one of those every week.

Did she really think having her earlobes fixed would make her look better? Waste of money in my opinion.

• Love 1

Just saw this train wreck again(they are doing another marathon, there is a new episode tonight at 9). My God...the insecure girl with the crooked implants (she even stood slouched while complaining they were uneven for extra sympathy) & her ANNOYING boyfriend (Gaydar reading= +5). Just stop it already.

And that other one that did the "music video". I laughed so much I fell over, whaling my head on the tv & the enormous head wound didn't even stop the laughing. There are no words for what I just watched. 

Edited by BostonBlonde