Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: No Exit

• Start Topic

(edited)

Cassie, Shane, Annie, and Max attempt to run down clues in the string of murders – which continue to point to Cassie as the main suspect.

Original Airdate: May 19    
zosia-mamet-deniz-akdeniz-kaley-cuoco-gr

Edited by AnimeMania

I am not sure what the point is of attacking people who are trying to kill you if you are not willing to kill them. I am talking to you Megan and to you Max and Annie. If they are not dead, your problems only get worse. That was a really strong Taser to completely knock-out a person. How did Max and Annie find the only place at Santa Monica Pier completely devoid of people?

Cassie's story is overly complicated and someone is probably targeting her because she always continues to follow her "Mark" when she is supposed to just establish their location and saw something she doesn't realize that she wasn't supposed to see.

I have an idea of what is going to happen with Megan's story, I guess I will find out next week if I am correct.

• Love 4

Whoa, that was intense. We were right about so much - and yet there are more twists still to come. So who the hell was running Grace? One episode left to find out!

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Llywela said:

Whoa, that was intense. We were right about so much - and yet there are more twists still to come. So who the hell was running Grace? One episode left to find out!

Wow it seems like they're going to wrap things up quickly.

How does Grace know to wear the same light gray jacket that Cassie decides to wear on that day, when they decide impromptu to go to the pier?  Max had to figure it out too and then within hours they're off to the pier.

In any event almost everyone is there except Dot, who may have been running Grace.

It seems like they're going to merge the Megan and Cassie plots together somehow.  Have a feeling that the way they resolve things in the season finale will be unsatisfying.

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, aghst said:

Wow it seems like they're going to wrap things up quickly.

How does Grace know to wear the same light gray jacket that Cassie decides to wear on that day, when they decide impromptu to go to the pier?  Max had to figure it out too and then within hours they're off to the pier.

In any event almost everyone is there except Dot, who may have been running Grace.

It seems like they're going to merge the Megan and Cassie plots together somehow.  Have a feeling that the way they resolve things in the season finale will be unsatisfying.

I have the feeling the finale will be unsatisfying too.  The way Grace could have found out what she was wearing is from having Cassie under constant surveillance.  It isn't hard these days to put a small camera in someone's house where they'd never find it.  Grace herself may not have been the one tracking her every move, but she may have been able to find out the info. about what she's wearing and where she's going on the spur of the moment from whoever is.  It's just more support for the theory I've expressed in previous weeks that a much bigger and more powerful entity is responsible for the murders and all these people like Grace and others that look implicated are mere cogs in the wheel and don't even know the big picture.  They only know their small part of it.  Grace herself even alluded to it being much bigger than her. 

Perhaps the North Koreans figure into the equation with Cassie and that's how they'll tie the plots together.  Otherwise why would they spend all that time on what's happening with Megan?

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 2
(edited)

Another awesome episode.   Season 2 is even better then season 1 which was great.   I love Cassie’s mind palace and her having a better conversation with her mother and how it was framed.    Cassie is just talking to herself but also accepting parts of herself that she has never wanted to accept before.   Loved the huge sober bear and what it represents for Cassie.

Yes the mystery has been a bit of a mess but I have enjoyed it anyway.   I have actually enjoyed Cassie stumble onto clues because that is who she is.  And Annie and Max are a lot of fun.  

I kind of suspected Grace was up to something but I thought she was going to be more someone who Cassie has never seen clearly.  Someone who Cassie saw as a fun version of herself but who was really the version of herself that had reached bottom.   Maybe it is partly true.   The one thing I do hate about these kinds of mysteries is when someone suicides but still doesn’t give the protagonist a clue or a name.   If you are killing yourself and aren’t protecting anyone else why not give Cassie the name of the person running you?

i mean Dot is the obvious suspect but Jenny is looking a bit suspecty as well.    

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 8
12 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

i mean Dot is the obvious suspect but Jenny is looking a bit suspecty as well.    

I had my suspicions about Dot ever since she pushed the bogus story about the car explosion. But I also keep thinking Jenny is in on it somehow too. At this point I can’t decide which one is the red herring. Or maybe it’s both of them!

• Love 4
On 5/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Another awesome episode.   Season 2 is even better then season 1 which was great.

I totally agree. 

I think I'd like it better if the big bad was Jenny because it'd come out of left field and therefore be more interesting to me.

• Love 2

Sooo much not making sense with this show.  Shane is worried about Cassie getting killed...So let's just you and me without any backup go to the place where we are worried that you will get killed, and I WILL WALK AWAY AND LEAVE YOU ALONE, and you can TEXT ME if you see the killer!!!  AYFKM?!?!

And when everyone is in heightened awareness of everything weird going on, and that someone is trying to frame Cassie, they see something weird on the shelf in Cassie's kitchen where there appears to be blood, and she reaches to get it with her bare hand?  Shane would/should not have let that happen. 

Likewise, she was at a genuine crime scene on the boat, saw her red glove, and went over to pick it up with her bare hand.  Yeah, great CIA asset.

And everything has gotten so convoluted that hopefully someone can remind me why Megan originally sold secrets to the North Koreans in the first place.  Shane must not be a very good agent to not have found Megan back in the US, when the North Koreans were able to.

• Like 2
  • Love 7
14 minutes ago, Emcber said:

I really enjoy this show, but at this point does this airline have any flight attendants who have not been recruited by some government agency. 😂

That chick Carol that Cassie hates, the one who sells perks, whose seat Cassie stole to go see Megan? Is her name Carol or am I getting that wrong? Anyway, her. I bet she's never been recruited by a government agency. If she found out what everyone else has had going on this whole time, she'd be so jealous. 😄

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
On 5/19/2022 at 6:31 PM, Yeah No said:

The way Grace could have found out what she was wearing is from having Cassie under constant surveillance.  It isn't hard these days to put a small camera in someone's house where they'd never find it.  Grace herself may not have been the one tracking her every move, but she may have been able to find out the info. about what she's wearing and where she's going on the spur of the moment from whoever is.  It's just more support for the theory I've expressed in previous weeks that a much bigger and more powerful entity is responsible for the murders and all these people like Grace and others that look implicated are mere cogs in the wheel and don't even know the big picture.  They only know their small part of it.  Grace herself even alluded to it being much bigger than her. 

But even if Grace knew what Cassie would be wearing, how did she procure the exact same clothes so quickly? Or did whoever hired her give her duplicates of Cassie's entire wardrobe?

• Love 2

Cassie’s apartment has such an open door policy the entire town knows what’s in her wardrobe.

Very muddled story this season. They’re running out of characters to be the big bad. They also have to tie in the N Koreans and Megan, and the Wonder Twins assassins, and who planted all the clues on the Viewmaster and why. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I thought this was a poorly written episode. Megan tells the cop she doesn't have her driver's license, and then she says she's going to be late for her flight. How the hell does she think she's going to get on an airplane without a driver's license? You can't get anywhere in an airport without one and the police officer should have caught that immediately when she said it. 

I was also very frustrated with Max and Annie who subdued the assassins (or whoever they are) and then just stood there and gabbed, giving them every opportunity to wake up and kill them as they stood.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Next time I'm on a plane, I know I'm going to be watching the flight attendants extra closely now that I know how many of them are probably undercover agents/assassins/engaging in international espionage. I feel vindicated at having Grace as my number one suspect for the imposter, but I so did not see that ending coming. So who is really pulling the strings here? I wonder how much of Grace was real and how much was a persona she was putting on to appeal to Cassie as a friend? At least some of it seemed to be real at least. 

Grace seemed confused by some of the things that Cassie mentioned, I think there might be two different killers. Grace and the people pulling her strings were setting Cassie up, but I think Jenny might be behind some of the other things happening this season. Or could be behind Grace as well, she's always showing up at just the right time.

I am guessing that the plots with Megan and Cassie are going to collide soon, even though I continue to not care about Megan. The reason we could sympathize with Cassie being in over her head in the fist season was because she was a normal (if dysfunctional) person sucked into this massive international conspiracy because of forces out of her control, its not like she expected the guy she hooked up with one night to be murdered. Megan choose to commit treason because she was bored, I don't feel bad for her that she's having to deal with the inevitable consequences of that. What was she expecting to happen? She cant just quit spying like its a gym membership, of course the North Koreans would threaten her and her family if she became a liability, of course the CIA would be after her, she's an idiot if she thought that she could just go back to her life as if nothing ever happened. She threw away that life because she wanted a thrill and committed treason instead of just buying a sports care like a normal person. I feel bad for her husband and son, but not for Megan. 

Annie and Max are always fun, even if they really need to pay more attention to the trained killers they taze. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

The whole being a NK spy because she was bored was so lame. So you're fine risking your son and husband's lives because you were bored? It would make sense if she was somehow blackmailed into it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

Megan tells the cop she doesn't have her driver's license, and then she says she's going to be late for her flight. How the hell does she think she's going to get on an airplane without a driver's license? You can't get anywhere in an airport without one and the police officer should have caught that immediately when she said it. 

Passport.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

Grace seemed confused by some of the things that Cassie mentioned, I think there might be two different killers. Grace and the people pulling her strings were setting Cassie up

You're correct.  Grace had a very confused reaction to... oh, what was it... I think it was the ViewMaster comment.  Or something like that.  I think it clearly indicated she wasn't involved in that part of the plot against Cassie.  Which, why would she???  Why would a paid assassin leave her victim a clue as to not only her murder but other murders as well? 

And, as I think about it...  I wonder if the reason Grace was always trying to get Cassie to have a drink is because she drugged/poisoned the drinks.  hmmm...  Maybe that's how she planned to kill her, but Cassie kept throwing the drinks in plants or whatever.  But you'd think that an assassin that has enough information about her mark to have a complete secondary wardrobe would know the mark is in AA. 

Is there really just one episode left?  Seems like a lot of loose ends to tie up in one episode.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Johnny Dollar said:

Very muddled story this season. They’re running out of characters to be the big bad. 

I know, there's not many people left now!

I was side-eyeing Marco early on, but he seems to have disappeared since the bust up with Cassie, so he's probably a lot less likely now - if he was going to be involved, you'd think he'd still be around, in the background. Plus, of course, it was Cassie's sort-of boyfriend whodunnit in season one, so I doubt they'd go to that well again, which takes Marco out of the running (a shame, since I love Cabrera and had hoped this would be a bigger part for him). Who else is left that we haven't considered?

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Atlanta said:

The whole being a NK spy because she was bored was so lame. So you're fine risking your son and husband's lives because you were bored? It would make sense if she was somehow blackmailed into it. 

The thing is she didn't realize she was working for North Korea until she had already handed over the information. Up until that point she thought she was working for a corporation presumably one based in South Korea. She also probably never thought she would get caught. So while it was foolish it wasn't quite as moronic when she signed up for it. Although the fact that her husband's career would be ruined even in that scenario didn't occur to her is definitely a little oblivious.

• Love 3

I fast forwarded Megan scenes and Cassie's mind palace scenes. I had enough of both.
It is too much of Cassie's psychoanalysis and the problem is it is very repetitive.
We basically see season 1 slightly changed. Cassie keeps doing the same mistakes and sometimes she reacts like if she is lobotomized (makes you wondering if they have any minimum specs/standards in CIA for recruiting their assets). 
I am not even sure this show like women..they are all nuts and hysterical..

• Love 5
On 5/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, tennisgurl said:

Next time I'm on a plane, I know I'm going to be watching the flight attendants extra closely now that I know how many of them are probably undercover agents/assassins/engaging in international espionage. I feel vindicated at having Grace as my number one suspect for the imposter, but I so did not see that ending coming. So who is really pulling the strings here? I wonder how much of Grace was real and how much was a persona she was putting on to appeal to Cassie as a friend? At least some of it seemed to be real at least. 

Grace seemed confused by some of the things that Cassie mentioned, I think there might be two different killers. Grace and the people pulling her strings were setting Cassie up, but I think Jenny might be behind some of the other things happening this season. Or could be behind Grace as well, she's always showing up at just the right time.

I am guessing that the plots with Megan and Cassie are going to collide soon, even though I continue to not care about Megan. The reason we could sympathize with Cassie being in over her head in the fist season was because she was a normal (if dysfunctional) person sucked into this massive international conspiracy because of forces out of her control, its not like she expected the guy she hooked up with one night to be murdered. Megan choose to commit treason because she was bored, I don't feel bad for her that she's having to deal with the inevitable consequences of that. What was she expecting to happen? She cant just quit spying like its a gym membership, of course the North Koreans would threaten her and her family if she became a liability, of course the CIA would be after her, she's an idiot if she thought that she could just go back to her life as if nothing ever happened. She threw away that life because she wanted a thrill and committed treason instead of just buying a sports care like a normal person. I feel bad for her husband and son, but not for Megan. 

Annie and Max are always fun, even if they really need to pay more attention to the trained killers they taze. 

On 5/23/2022 at 12:43 PM, Atlanta said:

On 5/23/2022 at 6:25 PM, Emily Thrace said:

The thing is she didn't realize she was working for North Korea until she had already handed over the information. Up until that point she thought she was working for a corporation presumably one based in South Korea. She also probably never thought she would get caught. So while it was foolish it wasn't quite as moronic when she signed up for it. Although the fact that her husband's career would be ruined even in that scenario didn't occur to her is definitely a little oblivious.

It was unbelievably stupid. If you are bored then get a frickin hobby.

Now her family has lost everything and she just expects them to forgive because she cries and says sorry?

• Love 3

The whole thing with the Ferris wheel kept taking me out of the story.

You shove your way past an entire lineup of people to get to the front and then get on the ride...alone?  It's not like you were catching up to your family because you had to make a pit stop or something.  And the ride attendant just lets you on?  Then when you're finished, you ask to please go again -- with a line up -- and they let you ride again?

I've been to countless amusement parks and this behavior would never fly.

Even the carousel earlier was questionable.  She hops over the fence and runs onto the moving ride and then runs off while it's still running back over the fence?  A ride attendant would have definitely had words about all that.

A lot of this plotline has generated a lot of side-eye from me, but please, if you can't even get basic stuff to work into your plot, then maybe you need to rethink?

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Do we know Cassie's buddy Shane was actually calling the police when he and Cassie found thise dead bodies on the yacht? Maybe he's in cahoots with Dot or Berry.

Okay Megan is both smarter and dumber than I expected. Smart to eliminate the North Korean guy but dumb to do it in a place where there are likely security cameras.

Of course it was Grace.

Wow, there goes Cassie's sobriety for life.

• Love 1
On 5/25/2022 at 9:00 AM, aemom said:

The whole thing with the Ferris wheel kept taking me out of the story.

You shove your way past an entire lineup of people to get to the front and then get on the ride...alone?  It's not like you were catching up to your family because you had to make a pit stop or something.  And the ride attendant just lets you on?  Then when you're finished, you ask to please go again -- with a line up -- and they let you ride again?

I've been to countless amusement parks and this behavior would never fly.

Even the carousel earlier was questionable.  She hops over the fence and runs onto the moving ride and then runs off while it's still running back over the fence?  A ride attendant would have definitely had words about all that.

A lot of this plotline has generated a lot of side-eye from me, but please, if you can't even get basic stuff to work into your plot, then maybe you need to rethink?

I know! At first she's trying to get away from Benjamin so she gets on the Ferris wheel. Does she not realize he can just stand at the bottom and wait for her? It's not like she can stay on that thing all day. And then Grace shows up, pulls a gun on her and her solution is to get on the Ferris wheel with her?? So instead of running away from Grace, who has been impersonating her and who she suspects is trying to kill her, she gets on a ride with her which she can't escape. Like what!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 5/28/2022 at 2:31 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Okay Megan is both smarter and dumber than I expected. Smart to eliminate the North Korean guy but dumb to do it in a place where there are likely security cameras.

Megan smashing the trunk on the guy and then knowing where the lug wrench was in the car she just bought were unbelievably smart moves for Megan (note the emphasis on unbelievably).
But then when she started stuffing him into the trunk, I was silently yelling No! Don't put him in the trunk! Pull him OUT of the trunk and get out of there!

On 5/20/2022 at 9:24 AM, Chaos Theory said:

I love Cassie’s mind palace and her having a better conversation with her mother and how it was framed.

Even in a mind palace, Cassie should have flinched when Mom touched her face again.

Why am I glad Annie got her ring back? I guess that speaks to a universally human sense of finding what was lost.

• Love 1