Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, SnarkAttack said:

But does wearing Spanx help that much, since just by virtue of wearing it, it makes you thicker since you're adding layer a of material?

Smooth outs and eliminates the "rolls."  Basically a requirement for tight/clinging clothing.   Remember control top pantyhose?  Same idea. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why can’t Emily be proud of her curves?  I like the fact that she actually eats. 

I think her affection for foot long turkey subs is the thing I like best about Emily and this season maybe the only thing I liked about her.  BUT I can't remember ever seeing her in clothes that fit.  

All season I've been screaming at her (in my mind and on here, lol) to go up a size and instead of taking my advice she slapped some ruffles on a prom dress that's almost completely open top to bottom in the front and didn't even bother with two sided tape so that Gina was on boob watch all day and probably crotch watch too. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

It doesn't matter to me how many parts to the reunion they have. All I know is this was a horrible awful season of the OC.  The worst ever. Haven't the ratings been the lowest ever? Either do to the OC what they did to NYC and bring in a whole new cast or cancel the show entirely. The problem with these shows is that they have a bunch of women who have made the housewives show their jobs. With the exception of Dr. Jen  none of them have a real job. Oh I know that that they talk about selling lemon water and skin care but that's not bringing in the money, with the exception of Heather and Miss Terry who shamelessly hawk all manner of crap on Shop HQ.  They all need the money and exposure that the housewives show gives them so they will do anything including make fools out of themselves to hold on to that orange.  

• Love 15
6 hours ago, chlban said:

You actually know women like this IRL? I an glad to say I don't. My girlfriends are always supportive and fun. There are issues we choose to agree to disagree-mostly politics-but these crazy screaming fights are not something I have ever experienced. At least nit since middle school and probably not then. That's why I think the early seasons were better. The women actually seemed to like each other. Obviously, this group of women are not friends and never will be with the possible exception of Gina and Emily. They seem to have bonded as mean girls. NY isn't the only one that needs a total reboot. 

I know women who come pretty close to these OC women...mostly women who are highly competitive with their kids...I'm talking about toxic soccer, hockey, lacrosse moms. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
26 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It doesn't matter to me how many parts to the reunion they have. All I know is this was a horrible awful season of the OC.  The worst ever. Haven't the ratings been the lowest ever? Either do to the OC what they did to NYC and bring in a whole new cast or cancel the show entirely. The problem with these shows is that they have a bunch of women who have made the housewives show their jobs. With the exception of Dr. Jen  none of them have a real job. Oh I know that that they talk about selling lemon water and skin care but that's not bringing in the money, with the exception of Heather and Miss Terry who shamelessly hawk all manner of crap on Shop HQ.  They all need the money and exposure that the housewives show gives them so they will do anything including make fools out of themselves to hold on to that orange.  

At least some of these women are actually married or are actual housewives, even though they have a staff of people doing a bulk of the work that an actual housewife does. On RHONY these women aren't even married let alone "housewives".

• Love 4

Based on the clips they showed when they were discussing the Nicole kerfuffle, they had video of the dinner with Shannon, Emily and Gina where Shannon mentioned the lawsuit. But they also had video of Heather telling Shannon that Nicole was the woman  S knew before.  I can see how Shannon assumed that that the lawsuit had been mentioned over the 8 years  Heather had allegedly been friends with Nicole. But as the show aired, Shannon never brought it up on screen. So Heather's tantrum at Shannon rather than Gina makes no sense. Gina bringing it up on screen is more of a threat to Heather's family income IMO.  I don't believe any of it is ever spontaneous. 

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

I think her affection for foot long turkey subs is the thing I like best about Emily and this season maybe the only thing I liked about her. 

Well, she did ask for some food when she was hooked up to that weird head scan gadget of Jenn’s. There is that. 😂So that makes two things to like

• LOL 7
6 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

Smooth outs and eliminates the "rolls."  Basically a requirement for tight/clinging clothing.   Remember control top pantyhose?  Same idea. 

Yeah, but it just pushes the fat out to the edges, so the rolls just move, not get eliminated, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
29 minutes ago, SnarkAttack said:

Yeah, but it just pushes the fat out to the edges, so the rolls just move, not get eliminated, lol.

Heh.  True. In Emily's case it got pushed out her back and on the reunion the side slits on the dress. 

I remember in my 20s long before spanx my girlfriends and I would cut the legs off control top panty hose and just wear the control top under slacks or a clingy dress.  Had to buy one size bigger so the waistband came up to our bra - any rolls rolled into our bra.  Basically we invented spanx but too dumb to market it.  😢

• LOL 8
  • Love 8
20 minutes ago, Cosmocrush said:

Heh.  True. In Emily's case it got pushed out her back and on the reunion the side slits on the dress. 

I remember in my 20s long before spanx my girlfriends and I would cut the legs off control top panty hose and just wear the control top under slacks or a clingy dress.  Had to buy one size bigger so the waistband came up to our bra - any rolls rolled into our bra.  Basically we invented spanx but too dumb to market it.  😢

If only.....

• Love 4
14 hours ago, OlderThanDirt said:

Based on the clips they showed when they were discussing the Nicole kerfuffle, they had video of the dinner with Shannon, Emily and Gina where Shannon mentioned the lawsuit. But they also had video of Heather telling Shannon that Nicole was the woman  S knew before.  I can see how Shannon assumed that that the lawsuit had been mentioned over the 8 years  Heather had allegedly been friends with Nicole. But as the show aired, Shannon never brought it up on screen. So Heather's tantrum at Shannon rather than Gina makes no sense. Gina bringing it up on screen is more of a threat to Heather's family income IMO.  I don't believe any of it is ever spontaneous. 

Right? I still don't get how Shannon figuring out that Heather's friend was the same woman she knew in her past that had sued Terry for malpractice, is "coming after" Heather's family. Even if she had told Gina to give Heather a head's up, how is that threatening? You've made friends with people that previously sued you? How very dare you!

Why was no one mad at Nicole for withholding the information? Is that the real reason she disappeared? -and who made that decision? Enquiring minds want to know!

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Useful 2
  • Love 12

I want to know too! The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the Dubrows threatened production with a lawsuit and bought off Nicole with a NDA lol!  And I think Noella caught on but can't say it out loud on camera, so she comes up with the "I don't have to be there to know what happened" ridiculous rationalization.

Heather's contract is probably airtight with regard to airing anything that can hurt her family/family's livelihood and threatened to quit the show then and there (Stop Filming!).

I really wanted her back on the show and am very disappointed! Her brittleness and lack of empathy is disturbing, especially since she left the show once she knew Terry's affair would become part of the storyline seasons back. She throws David's affair in Shannon's face in such a disgusting way, with sidekick Gina nodding/smirking. And Heather is going to give advice on a relationship show?! WTH!

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
14 hours ago, Cosmocrush said:

remember in my 20s long before spanx my girlfriends and I would cut the legs off control top panty hose and just wear the control top under slacks or a clingy dress.  Had to buy one size bigger so the waistband came up to our bra - any rolls rolled into our bra.  Basically we invented spanx but too dumb to market it. 

A while back I read Sarah Blakely‘s story regarding inventing Spanx and I’m pretty sure that’s how it started if I remember correctly—cutting the legs off of control top pantyhose. Her success story is very interesting and inspiring IMO.  

I have several Spanx items from undergarments to leggings to jeans and I’m very happy with all of them!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

Right? I still don't get how Shannon figuring out that Heather's friend was the same woman she knew in her past that had sued Terry for malpractice, is "coming after" Heather's family. Even if she had told Gina to give Heather a head's up, how is that threatening? You've made friends with people that previously sued you? How very dare you!

Why was no one mad at Nicole for withholding the information? Is that the real reason she disappeared? -and who made that decision? Enquiring minds want to know!

It would have been handy to have Teresa standing by when Fancy Pants recited that well rehearsed stupid speech about how she will burn Shannon and all she holds dear to the ground, Teresa would have thrown a drink and flipped a table on Heather!

My thought about Nicole was Terry gave her yet another new face and she entered a witness protection program.

• LOL 12
5 hours ago, JonnieUniteUs said:

Wait, what?😮

Heather was fed up with Kelly the season of the Ireland trip, the one with all the screaming on the bus to the airport. She was offered a friend role instead of an orange for the next season because she wasn't willing to open up more of her life, which she believed could have had a negative impact on her children. Some alleged/speculated that it was because of an affair Terry had in the past.

My memory could be fuzzy though!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

A while back I read Sarah Blakely‘s story regarding inventing Spanx and I’m pretty sure that’s how it started if I remember correctly—cutting the legs off of control top pantyhose. Her success story is very interesting and inspiring IMO.  

Damn! Well good for her!

Since I was in pretty good shape we mostly used the cut control tops to avoid panty lines but the extra suck in factor was definitely part of it. 

I have several Spanx items from undergarments to leggings to jeans and I’m very happy with all of them!

Same.  Well, not jeans - I don't know about those. 

• Love 3
On 4/22/2022 at 10:06 AM, bichonblitz said:

I can't even imagine how uncomfortable it is! People like Shannon and Kim Kardashian (she has her own brand) wear layers of these hideous undergarments. Even the skinniest of celebs wear them because they say it "smoothes" them out. In my mother's day they were called Girdles. Remember that, ladies?  How sweaty and hot it must be to wear that stuff.

it is also hard to sit in and after awhile it feels as those your wearing a diving suite

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 4/20/2022 at 9:39 PM, StevieRocks said:

Your "bread and butter" isn't Miss Terry cutting sloppy silicone fun bags into hags--You two make money by fame-whoring and shilling snake oil.

I dunno.  The idea that Terry isn't actually a skilled plastic surgeon seems a bit like drawing your own conclusions to support a position.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:41 AM, SoCal4Us said:

I want to know too! The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the Dubrows threatened production with a lawsuit and bought off Nicole with a NDA lol!  And I think Noella caught on but can't say it out loud on camera, so she comes up with the "I don't have to be there to know what happened" ridiculous rationalization.

Heather's contract is probably airtight with regard to airing anything that can hurt her family/family's livelihood and threatened to quit the show then and there (Stop Filming!).

I think you guys really overestimate the power and control Heather somehow wields.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

Who does the makeup for these women?  With the exception of Heather, they look like kabuki dancers, especially Emily. Her makeup, along with her wayyyyyy too exposed boobs, looks awful.  Emily, we know you are in possession of mammaries, but it’s time to put them away.  Please, cover those puppies up.  

• Love 5
On 4/23/2022 at 7:24 PM, SoCal4Us said:

Heather was fed up with Kelly the season of the Ireland trip, the one with all the screaming on the bus to the airport. She was offered a friend role instead of an orange for the next season because she wasn't willing to open up more of her life, which she believed could have had a negative impact on her children. Some alleged/speculated that it was because of an affair Terry had in the past.

My memory could be fuzzy though!

You are correct Heather was not given a contract according to what I read in the book Not all Diamonds and Rose. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

After watching this again,  Emily and Gina REALLY need to shut the fuck up!  I can't believe how much they overtalk people, especially Noella and Shannon!  And Emily goes all in on the "lawyer" thing and Gina's just a snarky asshole.  I only hope Shannon can get a word in edge-wise in Part 2 and if not; maybe it's time for her to hit the trail.  Let the two bigmouthed bass run the show completely OFF THE TEEVEE!!!!

They'd be soooo POPULAR!!

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I’m finding Heather, Gina and Emily intolerable; Jen boring beyond words; Noella just batshit crazy. Maybe Shannon could pick a few friends to create a new cast - if only she had some.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, nexxie said:

I’m finding Heather, Gina and Emily intolerable; Jen boring beyond words; Noella just batshit crazy. Maybe Shannon could pick a few friends to create a new cast - if only she had some.

Shannon has her "core four" (or is it five?)....but we know for sure that Gina is one of them!!  

I'm watching again, and I just noticed, while Emily is sitting, that the back of her dress has a cutout somewhere between her waist and her shoulder blades.  As bad as that dress is in the front, I think that back is worse or just as bad.  Especially bad from a sitting position, when anyone's back or stomach fat tends to create rolls in a very unattractive way.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 4/23/2022 at 7:41 AM, SoCal4Us said:

I really wanted her back on the show and am very disappointed! Her brittleness and lack of empathy is disturbing, especially since she left the show once she knew Terry's affair would become part of the storyline seasons back. She throws David's affair in Shannon's face in such a disgusting way, with sidekick Gina nodding/smirking. And Heather is going to give advice on a relationship show?! WTH!

I can only speak for myself, but that’s been my opinion of Heather since the first time she “graced” my screen.  I see her as a cold, ruthless, selfish bitch. She looks out for number one and anyone who gets in her way is going down.  She has no qualms about kicking another woman while she’s down, and she seems to have a sixth sense when it comes to identifying the weaklings she plans to use to show the world her dominance.  

She’s been a user and an opportunist.  Andy and this show are just another means to an end for her - as is her “friendship” with Gina.  

Edited by CallmeCray
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Shannon seems to have a penchant for twisting other's words just a little bit. This whole thing about Gina saying Shannon has no friends.  It's not what Gina said. 

Re-watching Ep. 11, what Gina actually said was "how many best friends to you have?"  And Shannon answered "I have a small, very close knit -- " and Gina said "At some point you have to look at that".  At no time did Gina ever say "You have no friends", yet Shannon keeps repeating that story in episode after episode when it's truly her twisting Gina's words. 

She wants a reason to drag Gina, and John is her yes-man reacting to Shannon's word twisting and propping up the delusion, saying "That's beyond mean. It's cruel.  Where does she get off saying that?".  In that episode early in the season where Shannon and John were on the boat, I thought he might be good for her, but hearing John feed into her hysteria over it makes me re-think that.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 2
On 4/21/2022 at 6:29 AM, Cosmocrush said:

Ahhhh so that explains why Shannon had the only dress that didn't look like a 9th grade design fail but did look like it belonged to a 25 year old.    Yikes, I don't remember a reunion where everyone looked like they got dressed without a mirror - including Andy.   Corduroy suit Andy, really?  

Hard to say who looked the worst but Emily's dress looked like a ruffled cape closed at the waist.

Shannon did get lucky with a decent looking dress after seeing her clearly distraught call to production about her dress not working for her.  I read somewhere they went to Bloomingdale's or something and bought it off the rack.  Shannon has graduated from flattening the body bloat with multiple pairs of spanx to the much more attractive option of wearing a waist cinching corset.  There are some photos of her standing where you can see the curved outline of the corset on her lap area.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
On 4/21/2022 at 4:30 PM, Polliwollidoodle said:

Seems kind of shady??????   :) . Beyond........ummm I don't think she could be more contrived if she tried. She is a trainwreck that I can't not watch but she is really horrible and a total wreck. (in my old lady opinion). Even if she is as wild sexually as she broadcasts,,, WHO  broadcasts that? Not anyone I know, and certainly no one who is battling custody arrangements.

I don't think Noella has anything to worry about when it comes to child custody.  That guy left town for months without even asking about the kid.  I think she's safe there.

• Love 3
(edited)

Gina's plastic surgery (two nose jobs, chin, eyes), botox on the masseter (jaw) muscles to slim the area. Photos from her college graduation, and recent ones.

I was also shocked she said that when she was in college, her and her friends' dream was to get married and have kids. That was about 15 years ago. Don't younger women want to achieve something beyond that? I mean on top of that. 

Screenshot_20220405-175248_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20220405-175534_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 3