Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Into Oblivion

• Start Topic

Happy Season 3 renewal day everyone!

We get to see how Nat made it to post-Crisis Earth Prime.

Ouch, we've got memory issues for Irons and Nat has to remind him his Lois is dead. Nat still hates Clark which makes sense but I hope goes beyond the stink eye. She needs to fully unload all she's feeling in order to truly heal. 

Rock, paper, scissors to yell for the boys? I love it.

Football is over and it's only episode 8. 

Jon, I love you, but your mom is LOIS LANE. She's the perfect person to tell about Candice's situation. There are countless small towns with major drug problems so Smallville isn't alone. Lois could write a great story bringing these problems to light and Candice and her father can be anonymous sources. She'll still be pissed at you and maybe feel uncomfortable about you continuing your relationship but she can do a world of good if you tell her. Look how easily you unloaded to Jordan after he overheard Candice at school. Just do that to your mom and she'll end up helping you.

Ally wants to be a god? Makes sense actually. Cult leaders always end up thinking of themselves that way it's just that Ally has access to some actual power rather than just charisma.

Sarah's going to be friends with Aubrey and wants Jordan to be friends with her too. That's a Carrie Bradshaw move. Don't be like Carrie, Sarah. 

I guess you need the pendant to travel between Prime and Bizarroland? So everyone besides Anderson died going through? Or maybe they end up looking like Bizarro? 

Ally is a piece of work. She drugs Chrissy against her will, doesn't tell her where she's going in the kidnapper van, and just sent a half dozen disciples through a portal to their likely deaths. Glad Lucy's alive.

Is Jon working at the place with the girl who thinks he's cute?? I hope so! They can awkwardly flirt, get together, and be adorable.

I'm glad Lana and Kyle are still talking. Whatever happens with their marriage he's got her back in the campaign. Bonus that Lana gets to keep expressing her anger. 

One of these days a show will let an interrogation be run by someone with no personal connection to the crime or criminal. Not today but one day. Like Ally was ever going to tell Lane about Lucy. She was having too much fun lording her power over him.

Seriously, y'all HOW did you not see the car approaching? I did when it was deep in the background with the lights off. Be mindful of your surroundings kids.

Aw, Jordan's pulling an Oliver Queen. He just needs some smudged makeup around his eyes and the look will be complete. Yay for brotherly love. BUT WHERE'S THE HUG GUYS?

Clark in Loving But Tough Dad mode is really hot.

• Love 6

Clark really is committed to his no eavesdropping on family rule, isn't he?  He could have easily learned the truth if he just kept an ear on Jon.  In fact, he probably should have kept one on Lucy from time to time, given what she ended up doing.  That being said, even with a pass if she's able to just sneak in and free Ally then they should probably revamp security wherever she's being held.

The Hood is back!  Or back again, since Alex was basically the Blue Hood over on Supergirl.

• Love 1

I figured the scene with Lucy was too good to be true. Why is Lucy so supportive of Ali? She doesn't know if those people are alive or not, yet she is still gonna help Ali get to the other side?

Does this show expect me to believe Lucy would be able to just walk into a highly secure government facility with a stolen badge and just take Ali?

Speaking of Ali, why does she still want to get to the other world? She looked surprised to see how those people were "ascending". She said "this isn't supposed to happen" right?

I didn't really care for Lana and Kyle scenes. Sorry show

I'm glad Natalie voiced her feelings. She should feel weird seeing Clark all the time. However, I felt like it came out of left field this episode. I feel it should've been addressed in episode 2.

It sucks seeing Clark behave this way with Jonathan, but what does Jonathan expect? He got kicked out of school for drugs. Because he is not giving Candice up, football is cancelled and parents don't want their kids around him. Of course, Clark is going to be disappointed in Jonathan. Of course, he can't outright trust Jonathan. Things can't go back to normal the way Jonathan wants. Until he gives up Candice, he needs to be prepared for Clark to not trust him anymore.

I can smell the breakup a mile away with Sarah and Jordan. Plus, I can just see them painting Jordan as the villain. Calling Sarah being mad at him for not coming next episode. Although, that can easily be solved by him saying he was helping Jonathan which is true. Anyway, what is this show doing with this storyline? It is not making Sarah look good to me. Does she not get why Jordan didn't want to hang with Aubrey? You kissed that girl. Hanging out will not let that weirdness go away.

• Love 4

This  is  supposed  to  be a  show   about   superman/ dc comics/ super heroes.       Are    they    Really    going  to   Force   and   Ram   down  the   Viewer's    throats   this    Absurd,  Ridiculous ,   Woke   and  BS     Gender    Love    Triangle   Story Line ? 

Seriously ?

I figured that Lucy wouldn't have been in the hazmat suit and would have been the failsafe/Plan B in case things went wrong. And I knew, when she showed up, that she was playing Sam and Lois just to break Ally out. It was very much telegraphed but I felt so bad for Sam. He just opened up about his guilt for how he treated Lucy and didn't help her when she needed it, only to be utterly betrayed by her. I do think Lucy is almost too far gone. The only way to bring her back is to show her the damage and destruction Ally has caused and will cause. Luckily, she is still a Lane so I haven't given up hope for her, yet. Plus, y'know, TV show and they're not gonna keep Jenna Dewan a total brainwashed villain. 

I assume, because Anderson was holding the pendent as he went through the portal that he's totally fine and made it to the other side. Which I assume is also the only way to cross over, if you have the pendent of protection or whatever. 

I feel somewhat bad for Jonathan about Clark's behaviour toward him, but it's also 100% his fault. He decided to keep lying to his parents about Candice, protecting someone who clearly doesn't give a damn about him (she's expressed no guilt or remorse about Jonathan taking the fall for her and getting kicked out of school as a result) and getting himself in danger because of her. Good thing Jordan has super-hearing, so that he could come help Jonathan when he needed it. The brotherly bond scenes this episode were fantastic. We haven't had as many of them this season as we have last season, so this episode was sorely needed for the Fraternals. 

So, Sarah's gonna be fairly unlikeable this season, huh? She's hit the sophomore slump with how...unaware and clueless she is about Jordan and Aubrey meeting. No, it's not a good idea, Sarah! Why would Jordan want to be around the girl who kissed you? I think, even if Jordan hadn't had visible bruises and cuts when he went to the diner, he still might not have gone in. 

I feel bad for Jordan. He's also been more underused this season, either being a prop for Sarah or for Jonathan, so I was glad to see him take a role in using his powers this episode. 

Lana/Kyle scenes? Oh look, they managed to get along for a couple of hours. I saw that coming from a mile away, which does open the door to reconciliation by the end of the season...or perhaps, they'll surprise me and have them go through with the divorce (I think they're just separated right now).

Natalie's anger toward Clark is justified to me. She only knows the man as someone who was a destroyer in her world, who killed people like her mom. Of course she can't readily trust him within a couple of months. It's going to take way more time. But I'm glad John Henry is trying to keep the peace, and I'm glad Clark offered them another place to stay so they can slowly build a bond.

• Love 3

Yeah, as soon as Lucy suddenly popped back up at the end, I knew she was still going to be working for Ally and I guess is going to find a way to get her sprung.  For whatever reason or reasons, she seems to be full-tilt Team Ally now and I'm not sure if anyone will be able to get through to her (admittedly not helped that Ally is actually right about some things.  Just the way she is using this knowledge is highly questionable...)  I can see why both Lois and Sam fell for it since their emotions were at an all time high, but I certainly hope they know to take what she says with a grain of salt going forward.

Damn, not only did Jonathan get kicked out of school (but at least he can finish his grade online), he took football with him!  Considering how most small towns act around their sports, he better have eyes on the back of his head wherever he goes!  Alas, it looks like he's continuing to foolishly cover for Candice and just making things worse for everyone: especially with Clark.  Certainly seeing a different side of his dad this time!  At least he and Jordan are supporting one another.

Sarah wanting Jordan to meet Aubrey seemed odd to me.  I get her wanting to have a friendship of some kind with her due to her also being a child of divorced parents and it sounded like Jordan might have been fine with that, but wanting them to actually hang out together just seems like a one way ticket to drama and awkwardness.  Of course, since Jordan ended up bailing to help Jonathan, I'm sure this is going to cause even more problems.

Lana and Kyle are able to be civil with one another and he even helps her out with the campaign again.  Definitely suspect they'll at least have talks about an actual reconciliation come finale time.

John Henry Irons is finally up again and it looks like he and Natalie will be living in a new place going forward which is the right call.  It makes sense that Natalie really won't be cool with all of this and needs more time: especially with Clark and seeing the face of the man who had killed her mother.

Anderson totally survived that portal and will come back at a very inopportune moment, naturally!

• Love 1

I loved that both Jordan and Jonathan thought hanging out with Sarah's camp friend was just a bad idea. I get that she is looking for anyone to help support her during her parents divorce and she shouldn't have to choose between her friend and her boyfriend BUT if the shoe was on the other foot would she want to hang out with a girl Jordan kissed while they were dating? No. Wouldn't she think it awful for her dad to ask her mom and the woman he cheated on her with to be friends for his sake? Come on, girl. Then again, she is 15.

17 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

I didn't really care for Lana and Kyle scenes. Sorry show

Yeah, they were really boring. With all that's going on I didn't need the detour into their relationship issues because I didn't really care about this as a couple to begin with.

I liked that Natalie has extreme and deserved issues with Clark. I just think it's a shame that it took the show so long to get there. Then again she and John Henry have been off screen for a really long time. I'm happy they have their own home now. It was weird that they were staying there and now Jonathan will get his room back.

Clark's anger at Jonathan for keeping his girlfriend's secret but Lois is right. They need to get to a point where they can resolve it or it will be really bad.

I knew there was something up with Lucy, I just thought that somehow she was InverseLucy or something. How can they fix this betrayal?

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, TiffanyNichelle said:

I loved that both Jordan and Jonathan thought hanging out with Sarah's camp friend was just a bad idea. I get that she is looking for anyone to help support her during her parents divorce and she shouldn't have to choose between her friend and her boyfriend BUT if the shoe was on the other foot would she want to hang out with a girl Jordan kissed while they were dating? No. Wouldn't she think it awful for her dad to ask her mom and the woman he cheated on her with to be friends for his sake? Come on, girl. Then again, she is 15.

Yeah, they were really boring. With all that's going on I didn't need the detour into their relationship issues because I didn't really care about this as a couple to begin with.

I liked that Natalie has extreme and deserved issues with Clark. I just think it's a shame that it took the show so long to get there. Then again she and John Henry have been off screen for a really long time. I'm happy they have their own home now. It was weird that they were staying there and now Jonathan will get his room back.

Clark's anger at Jonathan for keeping his girlfriend's secret but Lois is right. They need to get to a point where they can resolve it or it will be really bad.

I knew there was something up with Lucy, I just thought that somehow she was InverseLucy or something. How can they fix this betrayal?

The only way to resolve it is for Jonathan to give up Candice. Jonathan continuing to cover for her is making it hard for Clark to trust him fully.  

• Love 1

A bit rich for Clark to be upset that Jordan is getting really good at keeping secrets. He's learnt from the master.

Emanuelle Chriqui and Erik Valdez did an excellent job this week. I hope Lana and Kyle reconcile.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, scruff said:

This  is  supposed  to  be a  show   about   superman/ dc comics/ super heroes.       Are    they    Really    going  to   Force   and   Ram   down  the   Viewer's    throats   this    Absurd,  Ridiculous ,   Woke   and  BS     Gender    Love    Triangle   Story Line ? 

Spoiler

Apparently you haven't read DC's Superman comics recently.  There's no escaping the Woke these days.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BeautifulFlower said:

The only way to resolve it is for Jonathan to give up Candice. Jonathan continuing to cover for her is making it hard for Clark to trust him fully.  

I think Lois meant that Clark might, as the adult,  not let this incident destroy his relationship with Jonathan.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I think Lois meant that Clark might, as the adult,  not let this incident destroy his relationship with Jonathan.  

I get that, but it is Jonathan who is damaging the relationship. He is continuing to actively lie to his parents which is making it hard for Clark to believe anything he says.

• Love 1

Had we seen Jordan move at superspeed before? Thought it was the first time but it felt glossed over. Also, Jordan, wash your face, keep your hands in your pockets like you’re nervous (you are) and meet your girlfriend with a bs story about falling down and scratching your face. 

Candace is so not worth this, Jonathan.

Lucy, I am so disappointed in you. I miss pre-Crisis Lucy. 

• Love 1

I think Clark would actually be pretty forgiving about Jonathan covering for Candace.  There's a sort of selfless nobility if you look at it from a certain point of view, and he wouldn't be the first person to do something stupid for their significant other.

On the other hand, you'd think he would be more pissed off about Jon repeatedly using the X-Kryptonite.  That wasn't about trying to help someone else, that was taking a shortcut to personal glory.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I assume, because Anderson was holding the pendent as he went through the portal that he's totally fine and made it to the other side. Which I assume is also the only way to cross over, if you have the pendent of protection or whatever. 

I don't see how that could work. There is only one pendant, so how could everyone who was supposed to cross over do so safely when only one person at a time could hold the pendant. And when that one person went through, no one else could go through unless the person holding the pendant came back and held hands (or whatever) with another person. Come to think of it, if you need the pendant to get through, they should all have been holding hands like little kids on a field trip.

5 minutes ago, Paloma said:

I don't see how that could work. There is only one pendant, so how could everyone who was supposed to cross over do so safely when only one person at a time could hold the pendant. And when that one person went through, no one else could go through unless the person holding the pendant came back and held hands (or whatever) with another person. Come to think of it, if you need the pendant to get through, they should all have been holding hands like little kids on a field trip.

That's probably why there's been issues with getting anyone across in the first place. They NEEDED the pendants to be able to travel over. It's why we aren't seeing both sides cross over all the time. 

• Love 1

Sam: (sipping tea) It is good to have you back for good, honey. You're no longer the black sheep of this family!

Lucy: Heh. Not like anyone would want to take my place.

Sam: Well, your nephew is trying his best.

Lucy: Which one?

Sam: Jonathan. Dumb kid started taking X-Kryptonite inhalers for football. He got busted with those . . . he might be expelled and the high school had to forfeit their entire schedule. (pause) Man, I'm feeling tired.

Lucy: Interesting abut Jon . . . but I think the black wool still fits best on me.

Sam: (collapsing) The  . . . tea?

Lucy: (nodding)

Sam: (slurring) Before I pass out . . . when me and your mother had you . . . double protection for me. We jus wanned one d'ughter . . . . (passes out)

Lucy: (grinning) Baaaaaa.

Damn, Lucy plunging the knife was a twist, wasn't it? I mean, there was the end-of-episode vibe where everything felt wrapped up, and you just knew something had to happen . .  .but shit, Lucy faking a recovery took me by surprise.

Not surprising . . . Jonathan is a dumbass. So is Jordan, but Jon continues to reach heights set up by Clark from Smallville. I think the only good thing about covering for Candace probably won't last long, because she'll get killed soon. I don't read spoilers . . . I just think it's being telegraphed too neatly, especially after Jon ran into her dealer.

Still thinking about Jon . . . he more or less canceled football in Smallville. When are the residents going to come at him with torches and pitchforks? They'd have more reason to do that than when they went after Kyle last season.

• LOL 2

C'mahn, Lois. When your sister said that "they took my phone" your journalistic alarm bells should have been ringing off the hook because Clark already told you the only thing he found at her place earlier was her phone!

Anyhoot, pretty good episode. Jonathan seemed to recover pretty quick from Townie (he looked like he had an arm broken/out of joint when he got off the street). Jordan was beaten up worse than he was. (Boy of Steel, Jaw of Glass?)

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Useful 3

Johnathan, don't be a stupid 15 or 16 year old and ruin your life for your girlfriend. She doesn't seem to really be in to you and is probably using you. Your mom is Lois Lane, she can do a story on drug use in small towns and rural communities and probably have it picked up by the big papers. You are giving up football for this chick? It is not up to you to 'rescue' her. At some point, she will need to come clean.

Jordan, you are the same as your bro. Yeah, I'd be uncomfortable meeting and being expected to be friend's with my girlfriend's possible girlfriend who she is using as help for her parents' separation.

Kyle and Lana were surprisingly mature in their discussion but I don't really care about them.

Chrissy, you will have a hard time getting your story. Looked like Ally wanted to send you through the portal, er, semi Stargate and hopefully on to your demise. Leave a note or message or anything saying where you are going. So Ally thinks all those poor suckers ascended?

Lucy played her dad and sister? The texts on the phone and then invited him over to drug him to get his access card to get Ally out of the holding cell? Does she really think she will be a 'god' or anything? The cult leader should have gone first to greet the others on the other side - if there is another side. Do the cult members pay lots of money to be in this cult - how does this all work financially?

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Affogato said:

Jordan needs the invulnerability to kick in. Wouldn’t be rip his skin off at superspeed without it?

Invulnerability was the first of Jordan's powers that manifested itself. Remember when he protected Jonathan from that avalanche of steel pipes that fell on both of them in the barn during the pilot episode? That WAS his invulnerability kicking in. It's also why Jonathan broke his arm blocking one of Jordan's punches that was directed at a bully.

• Useful 1

This episode was the first time Jonathan/Candice made sense to me. They’ve done a poor job previously of showing them being sweet together and actually enjoying each other’s company. Before it was mostly showing her pushing him to take drugs; at least now I can see why he might want to be with her/protect her. And now Jordan’s bought into it, too. But, oof, Clark is getting very alienated from Jon. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, legaleagle53 said:

Invulnerability was the first of Jordan's powers that manifested itself. Remember when he protected Jonathan from that avalanche of steel pipes that fell on both of them in the barn during the pilot episode? That WAS his invulnerability kicking in. It's also why Jonathan broke his arm blocking one of Jordan's punches that was directed at a bully.

But he was bruised and his knuckles were torn up, so it is apparently spotty. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Affogato said:

But he was bruised and his knuckles were torn up, so it is apparently spotty. 

Because  he had punched someone who was himself invulnerable at the time. Have you seen the way Clark looks after he's gotten his ass kicked by someone with power levels that are at or above his own? Hell, Supergirl even kicked his ass once, and it wasn't pretty!

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Cthulhudrew said:

C'mahn, Lois. When your sister said that "they took my phone" your journalistic alarm bells should have been ringing off the hook because Clark already told you the only thing he found at her place earlier was her phone!

Maybe Lois has a blindspot with her family?  Someone with her instincts and talents should have already solved the Jonathan mystery if she spent about 15 minutes really thinking about it, but maybe she wants Jon to come clean on his own and therefore refuses to investigate even though drugs based on alien rocks should be pretty high on the newsworthy list for the local paper.  This is what happens when your paper only has two people and one is heading off to an alternate world Lois!  Likewise, her relief at Lucy being alive overrode her common sense.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, ahisma said:

This episode was the first time Jonathan/Candice made sense to me. They’ve done a poor job previously of showing them being sweet together and actually enjoying each other’s company. Before it was mostly showing her pushing him to take drugs; at least now I can see why he might want to be with her/protect her.

The scene with her saying "That's why I love you" didn't ring true to me--it felt like she was just using or manipulating him as she has been all along. But I do understand why he would believe it and be swayed by it.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Paloma said:

The scene with her saying "That's why I love you" didn't ring true to me--it felt like she was just using or manipulating him as she has been all along. But I do understand why he would believe it and be swayed by it.

I agree. Jonathan is heading for a hard, tragic fall if he keeps covering for Candice. I wouldn't trust her to return his loyalty to her any farther than Clark or even Jordan could throw her.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 1
On 3/22/2022 at 8:00 PM, scarynikki12 said:

Rock, paper, scissors to yell for the boys? I love it.

Football is over and it's only episode 8. 

Jon, I love you, but your mom is LOIS LANE. She's the perfect person to tell about Candice's situation. There are countless small towns with major drug problems so Smallville isn't alone. Lois could write a great story bringing these problems to light and Candice and her father can be anonymous sources. She'll still be pissed at you and maybe feel uncomfortable about you continuing your relationship but she can do a world of good if you tell her. Look how easily you unloaded to Jordan after he overheard Candice at school. Just do that to your mom and she'll end up helping you.

Aw, Jordan's pulling an Oliver Queen. He just needs some smudged makeup around his eyes and the look will be complete. Yay for brotherly love. BUT WHERE'S THE HUG GUYS?

I would have to say that playing RPS with someone who has super-speed and reflexes should probably not end well for the normie. But apparently Lois wins it all the time, so...

I am not going to miss the show's football scenes. Although it makes me wonder: this Smallville High's getting its football season cancelled over space-drug distribution is probably the biggest story to hit Smallville since Morgan Edge. And presumably Lois can't cover it since it involves her son and Chrissy's too busy to. 

I know it's only been an episode or so, but the notion that Lois and Clark would basically do no work to figure out the real source of the drugs and pout and demand Jonathan snitch first seems unrealistic. Even against the backdrop of all they have going on, it should take them about an hour to do some snooping and determine the true source and clear Jonathan's name. 

"You have failed this 'Ville!"

On 3/22/2022 at 8:14 PM, BeautifulFlower said:

I figured the scene with Lucy was too good to be true. Why is Lucy so supportive of Ali? She doesn't know if those people are alive or not, yet she is still gonna help Ali get to the other side?

Does this show expect me to believe Lucy would be able to just walk into a highly secure government facility with a stolen badge and just take Ali?

Speaking of Ali, why does she still want to get to the other world? She looked surprised to see how those people were "ascending". She said "this isn't supposed to happen" right?

Lucy's so supportive of Ally because Ally gave her purpose and backed up her claims with some level of proof. If you were shown that there was a far-out concept like another universe with a doppelganger you and shown proof of its existence, I'd be willing to give the person who proved that to me a lot more leeway as to whether they were right. As to what Lucy knows/believes about the others who attempted to cross over, it could range from disbelief that they are actually dead to "their sacrifices will not be in vain."

Given that Lucy's Sam's daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if the soldiers she encounters give her a lot more slack. It would be different if it was, say, Chrissy who took Sam's badge and tried using it.

Ally has apparently been told from a young age that the pendant would enable her to get ultimate power somehow and may buy her own BS about how merging with your opposite self is the key to power, enlightenment and good stuff.

On 3/23/2022 at 5:47 AM, Affogato said:

Jordan needs the invulnerability to kick in. Wouldn’t be rip his skin off at superspeed without it?

Traditionally, even non-invulnerable speedsters are protected while they use their speed. 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, scruff said:

Seriously ?

I'm guessing they are unlikely to make Aubrey a true romantic interest for Sarah for fear of a backlash from conservative viewers. But a Jordan/Sarah/Aubrey triangle is no more BS than the triangle between Jordan, Sarah and her previous boyfriend. 

On 3/23/2022 at 8:46 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I figured that Lucy wouldn't have been in the hazmat suit and would have been the failsafe/Plan B in case things went wrong. And I knew, when she showed up, that she was playing Sam and Lois just to break Ally out. It was very much telegraphed but I felt so bad for Sam. He I feel somewhat bad for Jonathan about Clark's behaviour toward him, but it's also 100% his fault. He decided to keep lying to his parents about Candice, protecting someone who clearly doesn't give a damn about him (she's expressed no guilt or remorse about Jonathan taking the fall for her and getting kicked out of school as a result) and getting himself in danger because of her. Good thing Jordan has super-hearing, so that he could come help Jonathan when he needed it. The brotherly bond scenes this episode were fantastic. We haven't had as many of them this season as we have last season, so this episode was sorely needed for the Fraternals. 

So, Sarah's gonna be fairly unlikeable this season, huh? She's hit the sophomore slump with how...unaware and clueless she is about Jordan and Aubrey meeting. No, it's not a good idea, Sarah! Why would Jordan want to be around the girl who kissed you? I think, even if Jordan hadn't had visible bruises and cuts when he went to the diner, he still might not have gone in. 

I have to admit Lucy's ongoing heel-ness took me by surprise.

Jonathan isn't lying to his parents anymore about the drugs. And really, he has only told one lie during this whole affair: that the drugs belonged to him. What he did was withhold the truth from them that he had been using xK and then he continues to withhold the truth about where he actually got it from. IMO that's very different.

And I prefer to give Candice the benefit of the doubt. At least, although Candice could be playing Jonathan, there hasn't been any evidence onscreen that shows she is clearly playing him. I thought she expressed guilt and remorse over the situation in the texts last week.

I could see where Sarah is coming from, especially from the perspective of a 15-year-old girl. She made a one-time mistake of kissing Aubrey, but she's not interested in Aubrey romantically. She does want Aubrey to be a friend in a difficult time as she can help her deal with divorce. Sarah is on some level emotionally fragile and needs as much of a support system as she can get. Plus, Aubrey's cool and Jordan's cool, so oce they get past the weirdness, they could maybe all be friends. 

On 3/23/2022 at 6:54 PM, cambridgeguy said:

I think Clark would actually be pretty forgiving about Jonathan covering for Candace.  There's a sort of selfless nobility if you look at it from a certain point of view, and he wouldn't be the first person to do something stupid for their significant other.

On the other hand, you'd think he would be more pissed off about Jon repeatedly using the X-Kryptonite.  That wasn't about trying to help someone else, that was taking a shortcut to personal glory.

Especially when there's no telling how xK would affect a half-Kryptonian...

On 3/23/2022 at 10:26 PM, Cthulhudrew said:

They could have taken the phone and left it back at her apartment. Or taken her at her apartment, taken her phone away and left it there. Or Lois could have written off the possible disconnect to Lucy being in shock. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I would have to say that playing RPS with someone who has super-speed and reflexes should probably not end well for the normie. But apparently Lois wins it all the time, so...

I am not going to miss the show's football scenes. Although it makes me wonder: this Smallville High's getting its football season cancelled over space-drug distribution is probably the biggest story to hit Smallville since Morgan Edge. And presumably Lois can't cover it since it involves her son and Chrissy's too busy to. 

I know it's only been an episode or so, but the notion that Lois and Clark would basically do no work to figure out the real source of the drugs and pout and demand Jonathan snitch first seems unrealistic. Even against the backdrop of all they have going on, it should take them about an hour to do some snooping and determine the true source and clear Jonathan's name. 

"You have failed this 'Ville!"

Lucy's so supportive of Ally because Ally gave her purpose and backed up her claims with some level of proof. If you were shown that there was a far-out concept like another universe with a doppelganger you and shown proof of its existence, I'd be willing to give the person who proved that to me a lot more leeway as to whether they were right. As to what Lucy knows/believes about the others who attempted to cross over, it could range from disbelief that they are actually dead to "their sacrifices will not be in vain."

Given that Lucy's Sam's daughter, I wouldn't be surprised if the soldiers she encounters give her a lot more slack. It would be different if it was, say, Chrissy who took Sam's badge and tried using it.

Ally has apparently been told from a young age that the pendant would enable her to get ultimate power somehow and may buy her own BS about how merging with your opposite self is the key to power, enlightenment and good stuff.

Traditionally, even non-invulnerable speedsters are protected while they use their speed. 

I'm guessing they are unlikely to make Aubrey a true romantic interest for Sarah for fear of a backlash from conservative viewers. But a Jordan/Sarah/Aubrey triangle is no more BS than the triangle between Jordan, Sarah and her previous boyfriend. 

I have to admit Lucy's ongoing heel-ness took me by surprise.

Jonathan isn't lying to his parents anymore about the drugs. And really, he has only told one lie during this whole affair: that the drugs belonged to him. What he did was withhold the truth from them that he had been using xK and then he continues to withhold the truth about where he actually got it from. IMO that's very different.

And I prefer to give Candice the benefit of the doubt. At least, although Candice could be playing Jonathan, there hasn't been any evidence onscreen that shows she is clearly playing him. I thought she expressed guilt and remorse over the situation in the texts last week.

I could see where Sarah is coming from, especially from the perspective of a 15-year-old girl. She made a one-time mistake of kissing Aubrey, but she's not interested in Aubrey romantically. She does want Aubrey to be a friend in a difficult time as she can help her deal with divorce. Sarah is on some level emotionally fragile and needs as much of a support system as she can get. Plus, Aubrey's cool and Jordan's cool, so oce they get past the weirdness, they could maybe all be friends. 

Especially when there's no telling how xK would affect a half-Kryptonian...

They could have taken the phone and left it back at her apartment. Or taken her at her apartment, taken her phone away and left it there. Or Lois could have written off the possible disconnect to Lucy being in shock. 

Sorry quoting partial text is not working on my phone. 

This is the kent family hour and i doubt ant major news in Smallville will be completely divorced from kent family involvement. Lana’s separation and mayorial campaign certainly aren’t.

if Sam retired he would lose access although he’d probably retain his clearance.  I doubt he’d have casual access although someone  would come there, meet him, and accompany bim. Lucy would be known and have no clearance. she is probably flagged as a person of interest. 

The speedsters who don’t become invulnetable while speeding are dead.

jordan is not a speedster. He has a whole complex of skills to coordinate. 

Edited by Affogato
3 minutes ago, Affogato said:

Sorry quoting partial text is not working on my phone. 

This is the kent family hour and i doubt ant major news in Smallville will be completely divorced from kent family involvement. Lana’s separation and mayorial campaign certainly aren’t.

if Sam retired he would lose access although he’d probably retain his clearance.  I doubt he’d have casual access although someone  would come there, meet him, and accompany bim. Lucy would be known and have no clearance. she is probably flagged as a person of interest. 

The speedsters who don’t become invulnetable while speeding are dead.

jordan is not a speedster. He has a whole complex of skills to coordinate. 

Lana''s not a Kent. Presumably there's some coverage of the mayor's race in the Ledger. It just isn't getting separate screentime devoted to it.

Sam re-assumed command of the DOD on an interim basis with Anderson going AWOL. So his access is as good as it ever was, and it's not a stretch to think that Ally would have factored that in when making a contingency plan. 

Flash and the rest don't become "invulnerable" when speeding generally in the DCU/Arrowverse. They can still be hurt. They are protected by something dubbed the Speed Force that overrides the laws of physics and does whatever the writers wants it to, including preventing speedsters from suffering from the friction that they'd experience from running that fast or dying if they hit a tiny particle going at Mach 3. In the Arrowverse, Flash at least has a super-fast healing ability so arguably that covers it. 

Jordan by definition is a speedster, since he has superspeed. 

• Useful 1
32 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Lana''s not a Kent. Presumably there's some coverage of the mayor's race in the Ledger. It just isn't getting separate screentime devoted to it.

Sam re-assumed command of the DOD on an interim basis with Anderson going AWOL. So his access is as good as it ever was, and it's not a stretch to think that Ally would have factored that in when making a contingency plan. 

Flash and the rest don't become "invulnerable" when speeding generally in the DCU/Arrowverse. They can still be hurt. They are protected by something dubbed the Speed Force that overrides the laws of physics and does whatever the writers wants it to, including preventing speedsters from suffering from the friction that they'd experience from running that fast or dying if they hit a tiny particle going at Mach 3. In the Arrowverse, Flash at least has a super-fast healing ability so arguably that covers it. 

Jordan by definition is a speedster, since he has superspeed. 

Forgot about reinstatement. Really doubt it includes family. 

i would assume close friends would count if looking for reason to doubt objectivity. 

(sigh) sunce he has a boatload if powers and the holdup is apparently battery power as he gains abilities and choice over what he uses possibly he might use superspeed and noy have power for invulnerability. If speed is his only power it is simpler. 

Lucy drugged Sam so she can break Ally out of detention because she has to help Ally get to the other side.  But Anderson took the pendant and crossed over.  What are they going to do, just wait there in the cave until he comes back?

I am confused.  Which Anderson are we dealing with now?  Did the Anderson from the normal world cross over and communicate with Other Ally?  And then Other Anderson crossed over and was going to escort everyone over to Bizarro World?  He made it over but without Ally.  So is Normal Anderson still in Bizarro World?  Do the two merge when they come into contact with each other?  If Normal and Other merge, then how come Clark and Bizarro didn't merge?

Also, why does the Other version of Clark look like Bizarro with the ghost white skin and craggy twisted features, but the Other versions of Ally and Anderson look just like them?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

Lucy drugged Sam so she can break Ally out of detention because she has to help Ally get to the other side.  But Anderson took the pendant and crossed over.  What are they going to do, just wait there in the cave until he comes back?

I am confused.  Which Anderson are we dealing with now?  Did the Anderson from the normal world cross over and communicate with Other Ally?  And then Other Anderson crossed over and was going to escort everyone over to Bizarro World?  He made it over but without Ally.  So is Normal Anderson still in Bizarro World?  Do the two merge when they come into contact with each other?  If Normal and Other merge, then how come Clark and Bizarro didn't merge?

Also, why does the Other version of Clark look like Bizarro with the ghost white skin and craggy twisted features, but the Other versions of Ally and Anderson look just like them?

All good questions. Why would Anderson, whether he is Normal or Other, come back for anyone? He certainly didn't seem interested in taking Ally or anyone else with him when he went through. I assume that he is now power-mad and plans to control Bizarro World, so why would he want to share that power with Ally or anyone else?

Regarding the merging, it did seem like that's what Ally and others thought would happen. But they could be wrong, since I don't think we've seen anyone merge yet. It seems just as likely that only one version can exist in each world without causing serious physical and mental problems (like the headaches and visions that Superman and Bizarro were having in our world).

Regarding looks, I could handwave that only Kryptonians look different in Bizarro world, while humans look the same in both worlds. 

3 hours ago, blackwing said:

My sense:

There are at least two pendants.

Bizarro brought one from his universe that the DOD eventually got custody of and that Anderson took. Presumably that is the one Anderson was wearing when he crossed over.

Ally had a second pendant from the Prime universe that she got as a child and has been using for a while, including when she tricked Chrissy into crossing over. I don't think we know what happened with Ally's own pendant. So she could have it somewhere. Why she didn't bring it to the event is anyone's guess.

My understanding is that Anderson-Prime had an experience where he crossed over mentally and talked to Ally-Bizarro at the beginning, which prompted Ally-Prime to rev all her followers to attempt to physically cross over. Anderson-Prime is presumably in Bizarro-World.

It is unclear if merging is something that Ally is just full of shiznit about, or if it requires both halves to have pendants to accomplish, or a conscious desire to merge or what,  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Affogato said:

(sigh) sunce he has a boatload if powers and the holdup is apparently battery power as he gains abilities and choice over what he uses possibly he might use superspeed and noy have power for invulnerability. If speed is his only power it is simpler. 

That isn't how Kryptonian powers work. Otherwise, Superman would only be able to use one power at a time. So Superman wouldn't be able to fly (much less at super-speed) and use super-hearing at the same time, for example.

Just roll with the idea that even Kryptonian invulnerability is limited in the face of something (or someone) that is also Kryptonian or that possesses Kryptonian power levels. It's much less likely to make your head explode.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:45 PM, WatcherUatl10 said:

And, apparently, sometimes Kryptonians HAVE no powers. Jonathan, for example. This show is just so ridiculous. And, again, Jonathan is not LYING to anyone, and if his parents had any knowledge of who he is and how hormones work, they would simply confront Candace, the only person from school who has ever set foot in the Kent home with Jonathan. It's NOT rocket science.

Also, Clark has no business trying to guilt Jon for the football season being cancelled. Let's remember how the X-K was discovered in the first place- the "starting" quarterback was getting sick from his use, that revealed X-K use on the Smallville team, and his participation in all those prior games would have led to the forfeits. Its the whole reason they came to the school looking for it(rolling my eyes at the X-K sniffing dogs and having the... county sheriff? doing a search for space rocks that turn people into superhumans instead of a federal agency). I can see some town people blaming Jon if the believe he was dealing it, but Clark knows that is not case.

For that matter, why is the other quarterback not revealing his source? The sheriff didn't go directly to Candace, so he didn't name her. I bet a visit from, idk, Super-fucking-man asking him to do the right thing might convince him that he should come clean.

• Love 2
On 3/25/2022 at 10:34 PM, legaleagle53 said:

That isn't how Kryptonian powers work. Otherwise, Superman would only be able to use one power at a time. So Superman wouldn't be able to fly (much less at super-speed) and use super-hearing at the same time, for example.

Just roll with the idea that even Kryptonian invulnerability is limited in the face of something (or someone) that is also Kryptonian or that possesses Kryptonian power levels. It's much less likely to make your head explode.

It is how it works if he had very low battery power. A lifetime of sunbathing gives him a moment of hysterical invulnerability. He might be able to use super hearing, but not fly.  In fact you see this dynamic as Jordan is coming into his powers. He doesn't rise up immediately with all his potential strengths. I'm also fairly sure I remember some comics where this happens to Superman, too, when he has been held captive away from yellow light, but damned if I can remember when or where.

I'm pretty sure I said somewhere up stream that I hadn't though of the inhaler giving his opponent that level of super strength, but it makes sense. I don't mean to beat a dead horse.

On 3/27/2022 at 3:52 PM, Affogato said:

It is how it works if he had very low battery power. A lifetime of sunbathing gives him a moment of hysterical invulnerability. He might be able to use super hearing, but not fly.  In fact you see this dynamic as Jordan is coming into his powers. He doesn't rise up immediately with all his potential strengths. I'm also fairly sure I remember some comics where this happens to Superman, too, when he has been held captive away from yellow light, but damned if I can remember when or where.

I'm pretty sure I said somewhere up stream that I hadn't though of the inhaler giving his opponent that level of super strength, but it makes sense. I don't mean to beat a dead horse.

I've seen a lot of depictions of Superman and other Kryptonians over four decades plus of comics, movies, live-action TV and cartoons. I cannot remember one where due to low levels of energy stored up, Superman/another Kryptonian cannot use one of his superpowers at all but can use others, or where he has been limited to one superpower at a time. 

There has been the dynamic we see with Jordan and with "Smallville" Clark, for example, where he has not mastered all of his abilities and cannot access some of them. Generally, weakness with Clark/other Kryptonians has meant that they are less able to do things across the board as opposed to being fully powered in terms of super-speed but unable to be invulnerable. There was a member of the Legion of Superheroes, Ultra Boy, who had basically the same powerset as Clark but he could only access one of the powers at a time. (I suppose I'd do that tradeoff for never having to worry about Kryptonite, and particularly if I got a flight ring.)

Anyway, when it comes down to it, the writers of this incarnation can make up whatever rules they want to have apply in S&L. So if they want to have Jordan be limited to the display of only one superpower at a time, that's what they can do. And they went from Jonathan being able to whip the crap out of him on xK an episode or so ago, to an adult on xK getting some licks in but being left a begging mess in this one, and how Anderson on xK could whip Clark and Bizarro pretty effortlessly.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I've seen a lot of depictions of Superman and other Kryptonians over four decades plus of comics, movies, live-action TV and cartoons. I cannot remember one where due to low levels of energy stored up, Superman/another Kryptonian cannot use one of his superpowers at all but can use others, or where he has been limited to one superpower at a time. 

There has been the dynamic we see with Jordan and with "Smallville" Clark, for example, where he has not mastered all of his abilities and cannot access some of them. Generally, weakness with Clark/other Kryptonians has meant that they are less able to do things across the board as opposed to being fully powered in terms of super-speed but unable to be invulnerable. There was a member of the Legion of Superheroes, Ultra Boy, who had basically the same powerset as Clark but he could only access one of the powers at a time. (I suppose I'd do that tradeoff for never having to worry about Kryptonite, and particularly if I got a flight ring.)

Anyway, when it comes down to it, the writers of this incarnation can make up whatever rules they want to have apply in S&L. So if they want to have Jordan be limited to the display of only one superpower at a time, that's what they can do. And they went from Jonathan being able to whip the crap out of him on xK an episode or so ago, to an adult on xK getting some licks in but being left a begging mess in this one, and how Anderson on xK could whip Clark and Bizarro pretty effortlessly.

Yeah I think it was a justice league story and he was trapped in a cave. But i don’t know. I don’t mean that he would necessarily not be able to use any of his powers but that he might not have enough juice to fly but could hear at a distance. Jordan of course would hardly know how to access all the powers. 

i have a mon-el comic where mon-el visits superboy in the fifties because no lead in the air and general environment then. Nope. Its all good. So yeah, anything they want to do. 

Edited by Affogato

Lois is going to be so hurt when she realizes what Lucy did, I feel so bad for her. She thought that her whole family was going to be together again but it turns out that her sister cares more about her cult than her family. She was so relieved that her sister was alright and back with them her journalistic instincts didn't even catch the holes in her story.

Oh Jon, I don't think Candace is worth all of this, although I get why he thinks that this is all a noble sacrifice. He's had so many changes and his self esteem has taken so many hits lately, he'll so anything for someone who gives him some positive feedback, especially when they also happen to be a hot chick and your a teenager. I hope that he tells the truth soon though, I hate seeing him and Clark at odds. If Clark knew the whole story, he would probably understand, even if he still would be mad about him taking the drugs and then everything that happened after.

At least Jon and Jordan are as cute as ever, I loved them laughing about how obviously awkward the dinner with Sarah and her camp friend would be. The Fraternals!

Look at Jordan getting his Oliver Queen on with his hoodie over his head. And just like with Oliver, I am sure that no one will be able to tell who he is, no matter how painfully obvious it is for anyone who has seen Jordan. 

I am have been waiting for Crisis to be mentioned, so now we find out that Nat took awhile to get here because she got caught in the middle of Crisis, which is pretty terrifying, luckily she was asleep for most of it. I can get why its hard for her to be around Clark, she rationally knows that this isn't the guy who killed her mom but her gut still sees him as a threat, especially after her dad got hurt helping him. She knows its not totally rational, but its just how she feels. Her and John getting their own place is a good idea, that way Nat can more easily get used to this world and being around the Kents. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Im So confused. Why did Anderson turn on everyone? Why did he bring Ali the pendant but then take it and go into the portal? I feel like I missed a scene where he went from being army man to evil.

Also it’s really annoying me how harsh Clark and Lois have been on Jon. I get that he messed up but I just don’t think they’d be that harsh on Jordan. He definitely gets an easier ride.

Glad the Kent boys are back together, even if Clark was maybe a little harsh (but I don’t have any kids, so maybe he wasn’t). But Jordan was an idiot not to turn up – “Hmmm, it’d be awkward meeting my girlfriend’s ex-girlfriend so I won’t show and they can bond over what a disappointment I am…” Say you were talking with your brother (which was true...ish) and lost track of the time.

Why would you turn off your phone to meet with a cult leader who’s already drugged you!? Leave your phone in your pocket (a spare one and hand over a fake one) on an open line! You can have them lose connection because of the lead (or X-K) in the mines, or have their van put out some sort of interference and have them track down where she lost connection. Again, the writers just don't think about how people actually use phones today.

Was really hoping Anderson would turn against Ally after seeing “the other side”.  Being anti-Superman shouldn't make him pro-Ally. And didn’t he show her the pendant last episode? She seemed surprised he had it.

I knew Lucy wasn’t dead (though tbf, they don’t know she’s a legacy character) and was surprised to see Pa Lane leaping straight to that conclusion. Generally people are convinced their loved ones are still alive past the point of all reason.

Liked Kyle pointing out that avoiding the cheating question would only make Lana sounds evasive. Maybe ask the Mayor how many times he’s cheated on his wife? Sure, he’ll say it’s zero – but that then makes him extremely vulnerable if it turns out he did (and since he's written as a sleazebag, he almost certainly is a cheater too).

On 3/23/2022 at 1:00 AM, scarynikki12 said:

One of these days a show will let an interrogation be run by someone with no personal connection to the crime or criminal. Not today but one day. Like Ally was ever going to tell Lane about Lucy. She was having too much fun lording her power over him.

I always hate the “I have to do this – it’s personal!” line because I always want the other person in that conversation to say “And that’s exactly why you shouldn’t”. As happened here, they inevitably fail to be objective and get the information they need for exactly that reason. Glad to see Ally asking for a lawyer though (even if the DoD probably is happy to violate people’s rights, if arresting Superman is anything to go by).

On 3/23/2022 at 11:54 PM, cambridgeguy said:

Lois even more so. “I’m sure neither of you has had to keep a secret to protect somebody else, have you!?” is scarcely something either of them can deny. Turnabout is fair play and all. Sure, parents always have the "Do as I say, not as I do," line to fall back on, but it is a fair argument.