Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E13 : There's No Fear In Love

• Start Topic

I was delighted when Mahogany's parents showed up at breakfast.  Yes, I'm sure it was arranged by the producers, but I'm just glad it softened the blow that Ben was trying to inflict on her by standing her up.  There is a lot of fishy stuff happening with Mahogany, but I believe those two are her parents...I see family resemblance.  

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
typo
  • Love 10

This episode was a little unsatifying given the priming next episode looks. They showed Memphis getting mad at Momza-- ended up being nothing. They showed Mike leaving X-- still around. They showed Kim throwing water in Usman's face-- she's delighted to have him still interested. Fat girl tells Asian fetish man about sleeping with someone and cries about how hurt he is -- he ends up not being hurt at all and wants to buy her a ring. NOW.

The best (and most reasonable) storyline is Gino and Jasmine. He is really trying hard to figure out how to have a relationship with her, and she really outclasses him-- it's a good storyline and it's pretty authentic. Gino seems to be legit squirming and Jasmine's insistance on knowing his whole life makes me think she isn't as all together as she comes off. Personally, I could care less what a guy did in his past before me, so I don't really relate to her searching through emails from years before.  If she could work out her insecurity/jealousy issues, she'd be a real catch and end up with a way better guy than Gino. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 4
On 3/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, AR Traveler said:

Hello, all: I am new.  The other day, I read all the threads for the current season and I've never laughed so hard.  The snark is strong here.  Like the recent widow who uses this site for some humor in a difficult time, I too look for distraction.  My 23 year old daughter is terminally ill with a brain disease.  I'm glad I found this.

Sunday will bring all the snark out of the woodwork, but while watching the preview I couldn't help but notice Gino's flat affect.  It's like there's no regret for the damage he's done.  

Why doesn't Mother Hamza ask the obvious question: How do you marry someone you don't know, can't communicate with without a box or a translator, he's unemployed, and who you're going to be responsible for for a decade?  Most of all, how do you know this guy will be good with your kids?  I would be asking.

Welcome AR Traveler. So sorry to hear about your daughter. I lost a daughter to a brain tumor many years ago, but it still feels like yesterday to me and always will. Treasure the time that you have left with her, they will be your best treasures that remain in your heart. I started coming here for the same reason-to get away from the sad realties in my life. Everyone on here is just great, you will enjoy it for the times that you need to break away:)

• Love 14

Jasmina unfortunately trusted the wrong person with her pictures and it has gone so wrong. I know there's lots of views about it from everyone. i feel for her and there's not many people I feel empathy for on this show, but I believe her pain is real and that it's really fucking her up, she can express herself fairly well for the most part, then when her pain hits a certain level she lashes out and is unable to articulate herself and becomes super reactive. it sucks that this has happened. 

Anyway. I do not care for Ella what so ever and the more scenes with her the more I wanna smack her! I know the challenges of a long distance relationship and doing it through the pandemic, I am doing it. it is not for everyone and when people think they can do it, and then do it and realize how hard it is, they can't do it, that's okkkaaayy! What's not okay, is cheating on your person when things start to get really tough. if you know you are a super physical person and you need that kind of attention, WHY ARE YOU GETTING IN A LONG DISTANCE RELATIONSHIP. LOL just needed to get that out 😂. and then her poor me at the end, crying about sleeping with another because she is suffering because she chose to be with someone who isn't physically there, I could not. She is selfish and self-absorbed and doesn't understand that it's not as simple as just going to Dubai for a visit. 

Mike looking an Xemena so desperately when he was "debating" going to a hotel, desperately hoping she will clutch him and tell him not to go. Didn't happen and then his confused expression. 

just some thoughts hehe

• Love 12
On 3/13/2022 at 4:45 PM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Mike: Ximena totally wants her space. That space, of course, includes you continuing to send $$$ her way. Her throwing an occasional pity fuck your way doesn't change the broken dynamic. I'd suggest Mike hook up with Translator Nelcy, but Nelcy probably has a significant other with much more to offer.

Nelcy is his best friend's fiance.  Which would be really awkward were he to hook up with Ximena and bring her back to the US with him, but I don't think there's a remote chance of that happening.

• Love 2
On 3/13/2022 at 9:42 PM, JeanJean said:

TLC gives itself away in terms of it telling its "actors" what to say because too many of them say the exact same things: "love of my life," "I deserve this," and now women calling other women "bitches" (which I really hate).

You forgot “Baby”, lol.  They ALL say that after knowing each other five minutes.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, CruiseDiva said:

I'm confused about the wedding attire. Hamza is Muslim and his mother always has her hair covered, yet the outfits Memphis tried on weren't at all modest. Her boobs were bursting out of them.

Well, muslim marriages are sometimes very different from what one would expect, and this goes for Tunisia, too. Very often you would get deep insights not only with the bride, but also with female guests. :-)

Anyway, the daughter of the mother also wears no headscarf, which is quite normal in Tunisia, espcially amongst the younger population.

BTW, until the uprising 12 years ago, it was even forbidden in Tunisia to wear "non-historic" clothes and outfit in public. By then, beards and afghan-style clothes with men and veils with women were considered to fall into this category and resulted in friendly talks with the police. After the uprising and regime change, islamic clothes were allowed again.

• Useful 5
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Finally a lawyer who seemed legit on this show, when he explained that Hamza has to have the opportunity to read it, understand it and seek legal counsel if he wants to and all that is not about to happen in two days. If she was so set on this and actually marrying him on this trip, she should have done a little research before getting on the plane. So either she is that dense or this is all producer driven drama.

It is simply producer driven drama.

The lawyer should have been aware that the marriage was to be made not according to US, but to tunisian law and US regulations would not apply. In fact, alle clauses that are against the common law in Tunisia would be void anyway.

All that Mephis has to do is to have the clause she wanted to be put into the mandatory (by law) marriage contract in Tunisia - or not do anything at all, because seperation of property is the default in Tunisia anyway (once introduced to keep women from access to the husbands property...).

There are rather other things to watch for, which did not even get mentioned...

She might have wanted to read the website www.tunisia-love.com first. :-)

33 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

You forgot “Baby”, lol.  They ALL say that after knowing each other five minutes.

My wife still does it today, in public, across several aisles in the supermarket. :-)

Edited by WWalter
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I would spend the whole session wanting to adjust the part in her wig

I cannot get past that part.  I keep staring at it and imaging how it would look if it were shifted an inch or two to her right. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 3/14/2022 at 12:52 PM, Stuckathome said:

and it occurred to me that we have yet to see a season where the female in the couple is from Tunisia or Morocco (unless I missed it). We see a lot of men fishing for the sexy Latinas but yes, Hamza's sister is a very attractive woman who seems to be intelligent and polite. Why isn't she online fishing for a man to export her and help support Momza?

It is socially not really acceptable (sometimes tolerated though) to marry a man from western countries (unless the man is of tunisian origin). In this regard, there are not many marriages between tunisian women and western men - although they are more likely to turn out well than the reversed combination.

• Love 3
On 3/11/2022 at 11:05 PM, AR Traveler said:

Hello, all: I am new.  The other day, I read all the threads for the current season and I've never laughed so hard.  The snark is strong here.  Like the recent widow who uses this site for some humor in a difficult time, I too look for distraction.  My 23 year old daughter is terminally ill with a brain disease.  I'm glad I found this.

Hello AR Traveler!

Not only will you get some quality snark here but may learn something new from time to time (I know I do).  This train wreck of a show provides some great snark along with others.  Look forward to reading yours!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

And, how about the ever popular "Michael and I's", or "Hamza and I's" or "I can't remember who else and I's"??? I don't remember ever hearing I's being used in place of MY, except for on these shows. Maybe it's a regional thing (I'm from Pittsburgh and we have "yinz", so there's that!) Or maybe it's on the list with Babe, Baby, etc. My ears squeak everytime one of them says it. 

PS: I never say "Yinz" lol

• LOL 4
  • Love 8
21 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Ella's story: I really wanted to believe her. But there was something implausible about the way she presented it. She's had a FWB all this time? Or one of her platonic relationships just became a sexual relationship? That would be a major life event for Ella & would've thrown a wrench into her whole Johnny/Dubai idea (because she'd want to pursue the new relationship at home rather than spend thousands to go get laid for 2 weeks in Dubai).

Yeah, no. She made that up to try to manipulate Johnny into going to Dubai *because* she's desperate to get laid, not because she just did. But she went about it all wrong. She shoulda told him she was GOING TO sleep with someone else if he didn't meet her in Dubai. Telling him she already did gave him no incentive to travel to meet her. Dummy. 

"We had sex with each other."

The way she phrased that just struck me as really odd to me.  Why the need to clarify "with each other?"  

I agree with you.  It was yet another manipulative tactic she had in her repertoire to try to get Johnny to give her dick for 2 weeks in Dubai.  

She's a hot mess.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, lilysmom said:

And, how about the ever popular "Michael and I's", or "Hamza and I's" or "I can't remember who else and I's"??? I don't remember ever hearing I's being used in place of MY, except for on these shows. Maybe it's a regional thing (I'm from Pittsburgh and we have "yinz", so there's that!) Or maybe it's on the list with Babe, Baby, etc. My ears squeak everytime one of them says it. 

When they don’t say that they say “Myself and George went to the park.”

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
43 minutes ago, Persnickety1 said:

"We had sex with each other."

The way she phrased that just struck me as really odd to me.  Why the need to clarify "with each other?"  

I agree with you.  It was yet another manipulative tactic she had in her repertoire to try to get Johnny to give her dick for 2 weeks in Dubai.  

She's a hot mess.  

THIS! The way she phrased it....and also how she just dropped that bomb out of the blue when he said he wasn't traveling...I mean, I don't think she even hinted in her TH that she "had a big confession" or "huge secret that may end this" the way they always tease out the drama (like Memphis cuddling iwth her ex or Rebecca not having her divorce finalized yet, etc). It was all BS and it is sad that his reaction was "I will buy you a ring now send me your size". I mean, DAMN is it THAT hard to find a woman in China?? 

• Love 5
On 3/11/2022 at 9:05 PM, AR Traveler said:

Sunday will bring all the snark out of the woodwork, but while watching the preview I couldn't help but notice Gino's flat affect.  It's like there's no regret for the damage he's done.  

Why doesn't Mother Hamza ask the obvious question: How do you marry someone you don't know, can't communicate with without a box or a translator, he's unemployed, and who you're going to be responsible for for a decade?  Most of all, how do you know this guy will be good with your kids?  I would be asking.

AR Traveler, I believe I'm the "recent widow" you were referring to.  I just wanted to express to you my deepest sympathy about your daughter's condition.  One ideally hopes for a full recovery, but barring that the hope is that her remaining time is pain-free and filled with love and caring, which I'm sure you have for her in abundance.

• Love 14
On 3/12/2022 at 11:31 AM, Breedom said:

Welcome, AR Traveler! I hope that this space brings you a few moments of distraction and a chance to breathe.

Agree. Gino needs to acknowledge what he has done, over and over until Jasmine is able to let it go. It seems like she's trying hard to connect with Gino for something, anything - be it reassurance, empathy, a deeper apology and/or anything at all so she feels that he really gets what he's done. But he just sits there.  Like I used to say to my kids when they were little - "use your words." Yes, Gino, use your words. Try to fully understand what you have done. Jasmin is still very angry, yet she also is holding back and not flying off the handle like she previously did. Now Gino, it's time for YOU to grow if you want to keep this relationship. WORDS, Gino, use them!

These two were just fillers, their story line never progressing into anything really interesting (at least for me). If they do go on the Tell All, I'm hoping that after two or three minutes and a "wow" or two from Shaun, their segment will be done. Final. As in never hear from them again.To me this was one of those experiences that happen in young lives, then you mature, are over it and move on to more meaningful things. It'll just be a distant memory one day for both of them.

Gino's silences are utterly exasperating.  I really have to believe there's something mentally/emotionally wrong with him.  He doesn't seem to be fully there for a man of his age.  I wonder if he's slow.  I also believe him to be incapable of empathy for Jasmine, or anyone. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

THIS! The way she phrased it....and also how she just dropped that bomb out of the blue when he said he wasn't traveling...I mean, I don't think she even hinted in her TH that she "had a big confession" or "huge secret that may end this" the way they always tease out the drama (like Memphis cuddling iwth her ex or Rebecca not having her divorce finalized yet, etc). It was all BS and it is sad that his reaction was "I will buy you a ring now send me your size". I mean, DAMN is it THAT hard to find a woman in China?? 

I thought that it was but according to the numbers it's 105 men to 100 women.  These are probably government figures and with their 1 child policy I'm sure they don't want it too look bad.

On 3/13/2022 at 6:59 PM, Breedom said:

I have never known a woman who actually refers to other women as "bitches". Quite uncouth and uncultured if I may say so myself.

Oh, and don't forget "babe" or "baby". Never honey, sweetheart, or other endearing names.

I used to subscribe to Cosmopolitan, Glamour and Mademoiselle magazines, beginning when I was probably 13 or so.  All of those magazines completely lost me as a subscriber and reader when the "speak" in them had girls speaking about their "posse".  Those are the same girls who probably also use the term "bitches".  It's definitely a generational thing, and boy am I glad to not have been part of that generation that does speak this way!

On 3/13/2022 at 7:10 PM, Rt66vintage said:

Nailed it.

OMG, just imagine the type of Nurse Memphis' counseling  - Hello, now today the whole 45 minutes is you listening to ME! Her childhood struggles, her terrible experiences, her disastrous marriage and love life, her need for quality time with her children. On and on and on. And in THAT voice. 

And don't forget the stench that must emanate from her dirty, stringy, greasy, disgusting hair/wig.  We do know that she at least showers, given her "sexy time" videos in her shower cap, which is further proof that she never washes her hair/weave.

• Love 6
On 3/14/2022 at 10:23 AM, Stuckathome said:

In case you can't find it, or for others that want to save a click: 

Reveal spoiler

Ximena says she was working as a cam girl when she met Mike. He was one of her clients that would pay for her services. At some point he asked her to stop working as a cam girl and in exchange he would pay her expenses.....

I am guessing that she assumed with Covid he wouldn't ever actually be able to travel to see her in real life, or just assumed he was full of crap and wouldn't make the effort. 

This makes perfect sense.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/13/2022 at 7:47 PM, KateHearts said:

Kimbalee: "hey girl, hey!" "you made a fool of me, yo!" Who does she think she is, a 20 year old hip hop artist? Watching her makes me embarrassed by proxy.  She has huge dark bags under her eyes. But hey- Usman said she looked "cute" at the pool (maybe it'll win him a few more electronic devices AND he can keep the necklace?)

Mike, she isn't into you- and you need someone to tell you that her "let's try and figure it out even though, by the way, I find you respulsive" means "KEEP GIVING ME MONEY!" - oh wait- his friend/translator DID tell him that! And Mike just can't let it go.  She can't even look him in the eye.

Memphis, nothing like having a heart-to-heart with your future mother in law where you raise your voice and say "YOU'RE REALLY STARTING TO GET TO ME!" The poor translator. The wedding outfits were beautiful- but not on her, sadly. Momza and Sistza are beautiful women. 

Ben's creep factor is off the charts. And now Mr. Droopy Eye is gonna show her by standing her up for breakfast. He just needs to go away. Thankfully she has Dad and Mom (so cute!) as a shield.  I can't get over how different Mahogany looks in her talking heads vs during their encounters. 

And then we have Ella. What to say, what to say. I doubt this will ever go beyond the role-playing via video chat. 

Gino, Jasmine will make you pay for your mistake of sending out her nudes for the rest. of. your. life.

And how devious was Kimbaaaly in getting the necklace back from Usman?

The moment she asked for it for "just a minute", I KNEW exactly what she was going to do - bye bye necklace.

Is there any chance that was real gold?

I was surprised that she accepted the laptop back, but once she did her conniving Usman into returning the necklace was not a shock to me at all.

• Love 4

For those mentioning the ill fitting wedding outfits that Memphis (who names their kid Memphis, BTW?!?) tried on, in most developing countries, and including North Africa, it is very common to rent wedding outfits because people just don't have the money to have them made or to purchase them outright. To me, these looked like rental outfits that likely will fit the way we saw them. Usually there are no alterations unless they temporarily take them in with basting thread.

Ella, what a hot buttered mess she is. Johnny's reaction to her having sex (with each other) was weird too. Either he's in it for the green card OR he's a fetishist. I'm not sure he realizes how large she is in real life either and if I were him I'd want to meet in Dubai first to be sure this is what he wants because life with her is going to be life with an emotional succubus.

Ben's whole demeanor was utter anger that someone dares question his version of his failed relationships. I feel like he doesn't know that TLC hired Mahog's to play the role of his catfisher, and in this case alone I agree with the acting. I hope next week, when we see him knock on her door and a man answers, I hope, I hope, please baby jesus, I hope that Mahog's and her parents have left this douchenozzle and driven back home.

Kimbaaaaly thinks its embarrassing that Usman has played her ass? Kim, YOU are embarrassing all by yourself, chasing after 20-something ass at your age. Look in the mirror, YO, and then dial down your expectations, YO. I love how she tries to be all street with him, it's so cringy, her son must be cowering in shame. Can you imagine your mom behaving like her? Jesus H. Christ.

Mikey Mike Mike, what a stupid asshole. I now hope Ximena takes him for every penny he's got. He is dumber than a box of rocks. No disrespect to rocks everywhere.

Gino, I said it before and I'll say it again, I think he's on the spectrum and/or has Asperger's. He aint right in the noggin. Someone mentioned a TBI due to a past accident. I don't remember hearing about that but that could be something. He's definitely not right and it's weird that Jasmine cant see that she's not dealing with a normal adult.

• Love 15
On 3/14/2022 at 4:20 AM, Kid said:

If she put half the effort into getting some counseling to address her issues and losing some weight for better health and better self-esteem as she puts in to pretend relationships, she could be a very happy woman. She is pretty and she appears to be a hard worker.

Ben:  Dear old Ben is disgusting, isn’t he, and has quite the nasty streak! I am glad her parents showed up which is probably production driven. I do believe those are her parents because the woman looks like her.

I think he is a nasty piece of work and, when he does not get his way, the mask falls and you can see it.

Kim:  I agree with everyone here who said that she paid for that video shoot. That’s why she’s so pissed off. She thought she could buy herself a toy.

Mike:  When she says she wants space, that means leave the country but keep sending the checks.  You’ve got to quit thinking with your dick, my boy.

There was a point in one of Ben and Ximena's segments last night where she was death staring at him for such an awkwardly prolonged amount of time.  The woman loathes this loser with the heat of 1,000 suns.  With 1,000 suns blazing down on him, you'd think this racist idiot would get a clue.

Ella only looks good some of the time.  There are times where I find her to be very pretty facially, but in instances where so much rosacea is present on her face, she looks too much like BRB (Big Red Beth) to be deemed attractive.  And man oh man, those breasts of hers are MASSIVE monstrosities.  I can totally imagine Johnny getting smothered to death in them.  It was crazy to me how lightly he took her telling him of her infidelity, and how understanding he was, as well as placing blame on himself for it.  He is so forgiving of her, but she doesn't care enough about him to not try to force him to travel during the pandemic, and also have to quarantine for longer amounts of time than their entire trip to Dubai would last, clearly not caring that he has the welfare of his son and parents to consider, in addition to his own well being.  She's a selfish, self-absorbed bitch.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, gingerella said:

Ben's whole demeanor was utter anger that someone dares question his version of his failed relationships.

There are a lot of silly things on this show that you just have to laugh at, like Mother Chantel with a tiny hat perched on her head or Darcey grooming herself in an airport bathroom.

But Ben’s flashes of anger aren’t fun, and they only get worse when you think about them and realize he is using religion to wallpaper over some serious rage. He thinks younger women are more likely to be manipulated easily and he looked furious when Mahogany wasn’t bending to his will.

I don’t know the average age of Primetimer posters, but I have a feeling that we are mostly past Ben’s “best before” date since EVERYONE here sees through him. Who describes a previous relationship as “dating a 27-year-old for three years” other than someone who dumps a woman for turning 30?

1 hour ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Meanwhile, I guess this was *also* God's plan. 

<whispering wind> looooooooserrrrrrr

And because my post was more serious than usual, I would just like to say…more like DULazyEye.

Edited by nutella fitzgerald
Too many words!
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, lilysmom said:

I think it's just bad grammar.  I do give people who aren't native English speakers the benefit of the doubt, but it's still nails on the chalkboard to me..

• Love 3
On 3/14/2022 at 3:39 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Ella's story: I really wanted to believe her. But there was something implausible about the way she presented it. She's had a FWB all this time? Or one of her platonic relationships just became a sexual relationship? That would be a major life event for Ella & would've thrown a wrench into her whole Johnny/Dubai idea (because she'd want to pursue the new relationship at home rather than spend thousands to go get laid for 2 weeks in Dubai).
Yeah, no. She made that up to try to manipulate Johnny into going to Dubai *because* she's desperate to get laid, not because she just did. But she went about it all wrong. She shoulda told him she was GOING TO sleep with someone else if he didn't meet her in Dubai. Telling him she already did gave him no incentive to travel to meet her. Dummy. 

SO. MACH. THIS. I called it in the preview...I don't think she knows what casual sex is. I don't think any sex involving another person would be "casual" for her.

Ella needs therapy...like so many of the people who choose to come onto this trash show. I'd feel sorry for her if she weren't a fetishist. (I'm curious if that Asian man/white woman dating site she went to only focused on Asian men from overseas. Pretty sure she could have found one on this side of the planet much more easily...)

7 hours ago, WWalter said:

It is socially not really acceptable (sometimes tolerated though) to marry a man from western countries (unless the man is of tunisian origin). In this regard, there are not many marriages between tunisian women and western men - although they are more likely to turn out well than the reversed combination.

Last I checked, it's customarily frowned upon for Muslim women to marry non-Muslim men. The reverse, though? Not a problem. Surprise, surprise.

I'm convinced the whole pre-nush delay is producer-driven. It sort of reminded me of another bewigged American (Brittany) and her particular legal drama (not being completely divorced yet).

All that said: I'm very much looking forward to seeing Tunisian wedding celebrations next week. Even if the wedding itself doesn't happen...

54 minutes ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

But Ben’s flashes of anger aren’t fun, and they only get worse when you think about them and realize he is using religion to wallpaper over some serious rage. He thinks younger women are more likely to be manipulated easily and he looked furious when Mahogany wasn’t bending to his will.

I don’t know the average age of Primetimer posters, but I have a feeling that we are mostly past Ben’s “best before” date since EVERYONE here sees through him. Who describes a previous relationship as “dating a 27-year-old for three years” other than someone who dumps a woman for turning 30?

WELL past the "best before" date over here. *hand up in the air*

Mahogany may have gotten herself into some hot water by play-texting a (chronologically at least) grown-ass man, but she asked some really thoughtful and mature questions at their dinner the previous night. The fact that Ben couldn't answer them, had the nerve to say "I still don't know about the holes in HER story" and then proceeded to send 10 pages of texts tells us everything we needed to know.

(Me being me, I probably would have responded to him after the 5th 3rd text with something along the lines of "I don't want to discuss this now. We can talk face-to-face tomorrow. Go to bed." I fucking HATE long text conversations. If it's that important, fucking CALL me...but not between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am unless you're a member of my immediate family.)

I'm glad her parents are there. I hope they cuss him out when he starts trying to negotiate a bride price for their daughter. I don't think they will...I bet Mama Jasmine would have though...

As for the rest of these losers:

• Gino, don't let the door hitcha where the good Lord splitcha. Same to you, Kim-bally. Both of you are too old for this foolishness.
  • Hey, Usman? If you want a submissive girlfriend/wife, take your no-talent ass back home, get a job, marry a local girl, and quit fucking around with older American women.
  • As I said in a previous post: Nelcy is a real one. The fact that Mike's still even talking to Ximena proves how simple-minded he is. I wish I gave a shit but AFAIC he's just one more borderline incel thinking he's entitled to some hot ass because he's got a dingaling. I don't care for Ximena either but I too hope she takes him for everything he's got.
Edited by ExMathMajor
I'm not a total heartless bitch
  • Love 10
51 minutes ago, anoninrva said:

I think it's just bad grammar.  I do give people who aren't native English speakers the benefit of the doubt, but it's still nails on the chalkboard to me..

These aren't the non native English speakers, these are the 'Mericans!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, gingerella said:

I'm not sure he realizes how large she is in real life either and if I were him I'd want to meet in Dubai first to be sure this is what he wants because life with her is going to be life with an emotional succubus.

I wondered about that, too. He's only seen her on video, probably not in comparison to anyone else. Apparently he is aware that she's plus sized from his comments to his friends, but he may be as surprised as Azan when he saw Nicole in person and realized she was "big a little bit." 

And what happened to her DIET anyway? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, gingerella said:

Someone mentioned a TBI due to a past accident.

I think the possible brain injury was just speculation here when he refused to remove his hat. We did see his bald head briefly when Jasmine snatched away his hat and I didn't notice any kind of scar or dent, just a patch of hair in the back. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

The moment she asked for it for "just a minute", I KNEW exactly what she was going to do - bye bye necklace.

There is speculation here that it was purchased on Etsy. Kim mentioned paying $ 45 additional for special shipping, if it was real gold and diamonds, it would have been much more than that! Plus, I don't think she has a lot of money after buying him his other gifts, paying for the Honeymoon suite at the hotel, all the Sojaboy merch she was wearing and possibly paying for the video shoot. After all, she works in a coffee shop! Tips can't be THAT good. 

Edited to add: this lovely, customized necklace can be yours from Etsy for $67.11! (7 letters) Even with $45 special shipping, that’s a deal, yo.  

I couldn't resist coming back to add the hilarious description:

"The gold initial pendant is made of environmentally friendly copper gold plating +full pave lab diamond CZ,featuring a delicate vacuum electroplating process, it glistens in sunlight, and does not fade.rope chain material is stainless steel.we have a strict product quality control system to ensure that each product qualified.
Everyone is their own king,Everyone should have a initial crown gold necklace,bring myself or other people lucky and power.
The gold/silver necklace's perfect festival gift for family、lovers、friends、coworkers、men and women.It's opportunity to show your love about her.It also a fashion items can highlight your personality."

image.png

FBEFEA29-9951-4DFB-AC59-1B5B0D35C876.jpeg

Edited by magemaud
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Xebug67 said:

No. It sounds like it was a recent acquisition and gold has been at about $1300/ounce (maybe more now since I’m going off information I get watching Gold Rush) and that necklace looks very heavy. Kimbelly could never afford it.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

he looked furious when Mahogany wasn’t bending to his will.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (I can tell a narcissist a mile away because my gut reacts and I have learned to listen.) They get absolutely irate when they realize that you aren’t buying their shit. And they never take the blame for their own mistakes. I would LOVE to read those ten pages of text.

3 hours ago, ExMathMajor said:

If it's that important, fucking CALL me...but not between the hours of 10 pm and 8 am unless you're a member of my immediate family.)

Or during any live chat that I might be participating in. 

I’ve been giving much too much some thought to Nurse Memphis and her interactions with patients who are seeking mental help.

Nurse Memphis: And why are you here today?

Patient: Well, I’m having some problems and I need to get some insight into my behavior.

Nurse Memphis (in loud, syncopated caveman talk): You think YOU have problems? I have many more problems than you could possibly imagine and now you’re really getting to me!

Edited by Auntie Anxiety
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 5
51 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I think the possible brain injury was just speculation here when he refused to remove his hat. We did see his bald head briefly when Jasmine snatched away his hat and I didn't notice any kind of scar, just a patch of hair in the back. 

Well he said that he had not been working because he was recovering from an accident.   That later turned into a layoff due to Covid.  So who knows whether those things were consecutive or whether either is true.

6 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Narcissistic Personality Disorder. (I can tell a narcissist a mile away because my gut reacts and I have learned to listen.) They get absolutely irate when they realize that you aren’t buying their shit. I would LOVE to read those ten pages of text.

Or during any live chat that I might be participating in. 

I’ve been giving much too much some thought to Nurse Memphis and her interactions with patients who are seeking mental help.

Nurse Memphis: And why are you here today?

Patient: Well, I’m having some problems and I need to get some insight into my behavior.

Nurse Memphis (in loud, syncopated caveman talk): You think YOU have problems? I have many more problems than you could possibly imagine and now you’re really getting to me!

There are reviews online that say she was very rude on Zoom appointments and would be forcing a particular narrative.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Meanwhile, I guess this was *also* God's plan. 

<whispering wind> looooooooserrrrrrr

*whispering PrimeTimers* It's God's plannnnnnnn

No. It sounds like it was a recent acquisition and gold has been at about $1300/ounce (maybe more now since I’m going off information I get watching Gold Rush) and that necklace looks very heavy. Kimbelly could never afford it.

It was not real gold. Probably gold plated at best, or vermeil, plated over silver. Gold hasn't been $1300 since before the pandemic, June 2019 to be exact. It peaked in Summer 2020 at over @2K/oz. and it's back to that again now. So yeah, not real. Not even close. And shipping for that if it was real would have been about $100 at least, insured properly. That has cheap Etsy shit written all over it.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 2

Add me to the folks who don’t like late night calls or texts. Unless there is advance notice that you will be contacting me, save it til the next day. Even if it is a death in the relatives, there is little I can do at 2 am. Waiting til 8 am won’t make a difference. No one wants guests coming over at 3 am.

• Love 6
49 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

This really puts her complaining about $45 for rush shipping into perspective 😂

• Love 3
9 hours ago, lilysmom said:

The worst is that TLC has the foreign fiances saying it, too.  It crushes me when I hear Armando - with his impeccable English - say it, and Jasmine or Alina, who are both fluent, may have said it as well.  There's no way that they didn't learn, know and hear the proper declension all their lives.  

P.S.: I'm a proud Pittsburgher, and I'd rip out my tongue before I would ever say, "Yinz."

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, gingerella said:

It was not real gold. Probably gold plated at best, or vermeil, plated over silver. Gold hasn't been $1300 since before the pandemic, June 2019 to be exact. It peaked in Summer 2020 at over @2K/oz. and it's back to that again now. So yeah, not real. Not even close. And shipping for that if it was real would have been about $100 at least, insured properly. That has cheap Etsy shit written all over it.

Agree, absolutely not real gold. First, can you imagine Kimbelly even thinking about the option of real gold? She's a Walmart girl, through and through. She's all about cheap junk.

Didn't she say that she's done with dating now? Yeah, right. Such drama.

• Love 6
On 3/13/2022 at 10:06 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I hate to defend Ben but if someone ignored countless texts I would assume that they weren’t going to show for breakfast.

Ben is the same asshat who ignored the fact that Mahogany wasn’t answering his texts before he even made the trip down there to see her, then seemed surprised that she wasn’t there at the airport to meet him.  I’m not so sure he has the critical thinking skills to assume that people won’t bend to what he feels is God’s plan for them to please him.

Sorry for anyone with a Ben in their lives, but every single Ben I have ever known or known of has been a complete jerk.  Same with people named Jordan.  I’m dying to meet a really amazing person with either of those names, but it hasn’t happened yet.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7