Type keyword(s) to search

Vanessa, Meghan, and Friends: Character Thread

• Start Topic

Oh I am here, went looking for a thread for this last week. So Megan is a basement dweller of her friend, Vanessa lives with her sister..it amazes me that these adults don't have a place of their own, and wtf is Vanessa wearing half the time? Do they not sell large size sport bras that you can pull over your head ?

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I have sworn not to get involved with yet another TLC shit show, but I have one observation. For someone who had such serious skin cancer the treatment required hospitalization, Vanessa certainly shows a lot of flesh when she's outdoors! 

And that monstrosity she wore for Girl's' Night, did she just cut a hole in a king size sheet and pull it up under her arms? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I tried to watch the first episode, but I found Vanessa so delusional, that I couldn't even finish the show. 

The title is an obvious try to get the 1,000 lb sisters watchers to tune in.

This show should be called 1 Ton Best Friends, since all of them have to add up to a ton, not 1,000 lbs.    

I cringed when Vanessa called herself the white Beyonce.    I feel so sorry for Vanessa's sons.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 3
43 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I tried to watch the first episode, but I found Vanessa so delusional, that I couldn't even finish the show. 

Her son’s weight at 18 years old is tragic. That alone should catapult her into reality.

41 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I found Vanessa so delusional

And mean, too.  And she comes on as too eager to shock with her non-stop sex talk.  She should take note of what Rose (Betty White) said in The Golden Girls--"It's been my experience that the people who talk about it the most do it the least."

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

When she was on "Too Large," Vanessa described herself as "the most beautiful woman in the world" and "The White Beyoncé". I think outrageous statements like that, coupled with her TMI sex talk cover up an extremely insecure and unhappy woman. 

• Love 14

Count me in.  I'm hooked already.  Train wreck?  Definitely.   But there's something I like about all the ladies.   Not sure exactly what.  Lol.      The one thing that sticks out is Vanessa's sister.    and her bringing home all that fattening food.   I think she'd be threatened if Vanessa lost too much weight.    I also think she looks like a meth-head.   But that's just my opinion. 

Glad to see this show on here

• Love 14

Yikes.  Where to begin. Turns out Meghan, cosplay gamer dude bf & the cat live in her friend's basement, a friend with a husband & 4 kids.  Does friend have to feed them too?  Tell slacker bf to get damn job. 

I fear this show could be a fat chick freak show, as in oh what can we have these gals do now for some laughs?  Water park w/slide, belly hula hoop, bungee harnesses.  How about sky diving?

Vanessa, well I have no words.  No filter.  Proof that fat will find a way & where it settles is a crapshoot.   But it's how you camouflage it that matters & I'm seeing lots of fupa hanging out there girlfriend.  And hmmm that sister of hers is giving off a meth vibe, as someone already mentioned.  But at least the family isn't living in a friend's basement. 

I don't really like this show but of course I'm watching it anyway LOL.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Here we go again, TLC. Why do they find people who have serious issues with their mental health and are food addicts and expect them to change and succeed with weight loss surgeries? It’s as bad as the Hoarders, those folks can’t really change either. And I say this as someone who has cycled in weight up and down 80 pounds, then 50, etc. The one thing that interests me is the friendship dynamic and whether or not it will lead to success.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I get hooked in thinking there might be success stories and also to be amazed at the difference in fat distribution. I mean Vannessa has relatively thin limbs and a huge middle. I like Meghan so far.

On the shallow side, I don't mind looking at Dr. Proctor.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7

Does Vannessa (note the two ns) have stock in body powder or something? The way she was pouring it on, I couldn’t help but think how bad breathing that must be for her lungs! 

That was a pretty upscale fancy grocery store they went to! 

Vannessa makes Tammy Slaton look like Princess Grace! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
6 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Does Vannessa (note the two ns) have stock in body powder or something? The way she was pouring it on, I couldn’t help but think how bad breathing that must be for her lungs! 

That was a pretty upscale fancy grocery store they went to! 

Vannessa makes Tammy Slaton look like Princess Grace! 

A bit too much Vannessa, and Ashely looked the best in a bathing suit.

• Love 3

My guess is that only a few places allow the disruption of a film crew blocking their aisles, and the upscale grocery store said yes to filming.    In somewhere crowded, they would have to blur the other shoppers faces, or get filming waivers, and that will be an issue.     

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, mytmo said:

What is with these women being combative with the therapist? 

I get the impression that Vannessa is combative with EVERYONE and had a bad attitude from the start when she said she didn’t want to go to a therapist. 

I like Dr. Stapleton, but I can see why these obese women might have trouble relating to her, like Amy and Tammy did, unless she also has an inspiring weight loss journey. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Here we go again, TLC. Why do they find people who have serious issues with their mental health and are food addicts and expect them to change and succeed with weight loss surgeries? It’s as bad as the Hoarders, those folks can’t really change either. And I say this as someone who has cycled in weight up and down 80 pounds, then 50, etc. The one thing that interests me is the friendship dynamic and whether or not it will lead to success.

I think that is just it, they KNOW they won't succeed for the most part. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, readheaded said:

Anyone else think Vannessa’s sister is a serious drug user? 

I thought she was an a**hole definitely. Here's a plate of donuts. Leave and take your meth with you.

• Love 6

I'm looking forward to the next episode when Dr. Proctor meets with the friend that has eaten her way back after having had a sleeve surgery.

Vanessa's body is really unique.  I don't think I've ever seen fat distribution like that.  Also, did you see the fat hanging down under her short's leg?  It really boggles the mind that she is under 500 pounds.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

Anyone else think Vannessa’s sister is a serious drug user? 

Came here…um, not sure how I found it, actually…may need to leave donut crumbs to find it again…oh yeah, came here to say the same thing. Yes. Yes I do. That would be a resounding yes. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, CringeWatcher said:

Also, I think Meghan would be much prettier if she embraced the “less is more” approach to makeup. And lost those gawdawful pink tie dye shorts. 

I think I'd have fun hanging out with her.

• Love 3

I like Meghan but she really needs to find her own place. Vannessa, on the other hand is just obnoxious. The scene when they were in the car eating almost made me gag the way she was shoving that burger into her maw. She doesn't try to dress nice and for the love of all that is holy, get a BRA! That thing she was wearing for the "girls party" looked like a table cloth with a hole in it. She needs to hang out with Big Tammy-they probably have a lot in common. Don't know if I will be able to hang with this show.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The one dress Vannessa was wearing was apparently meant to be a strapless sundress, but the back was unzipped and it barely covered her.  They must have held it together somehow, but I was worried it would fall off. 

Worried or terrified? I mean we've seen some things on My 600lb life.

• LOL 4
22 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

The one dress Vannessa was wearing was apparently meant to be a strapless sundress, but the back was unzipped and it barely covered her.  They must have held it together somehow, but I was worried it would fall off. 

I was just amazed when she wore that dress made by Omar the Tent Maker.  AND she thought she looked good!!!!

Off topic:  Glad to see my people from the My 600 Pound Life snarkfestivals over here!!!

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CringeWatcher said:

Also, I think Meghan would be much prettier if she embraced the “less is more” approach to makeup

It appears to me that Meghan doesn't have many eyelashes and I think she would look better with some eye makeup, just not the Cleopatra winged eyeliner. 

• Love 2

I’m not surprised Vanessa lives with her sister. She said she always lived in poverty- even with her deceased husband working, I could see 3 low wage incomes being needed to support the kids (I do not know if the sister has kids). I thought Megan fell on hard times and that’s why she is in her friend’s basement. 

• Love 1
On 2/14/2022 at 2:49 PM, magemaud said:

Vanessa described herself as "the most beautiful woman in the world" and "The White Beyoncé

I think Beyonce is on "suicide watch" after hearing that. 

I don't know all of their names yet but I'm referring to the blonde: I feel bad that she has a skinny sister who brings her fattening foods (donuts!) What a bitch. 

Edited by chenoa333
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 2/14/2022 at 7:36 PM, Snarkastikate said:

I fear this show could be a fat chick freak show, as in oh what can we have these gals do now for some laughs?  Water park w/slide, belly hula hoop, bungee harnesses.  How about sky diving?

Skydiving tops out at about 225 pounds and you have to pay a "fat tax" (even if you are a fit muscular bodybuilder you must pay the over-200 pound tax) over 200 pounds. The gear tops out at like 400 pounds and that has to include the weight of your TI plus the weight of your rig (parachute, reserve, container, harness, helmets, etc), so...there are limitations. Which is hilarious considering these people think they are only limited by their emotions, self-esteem and fear, forgetting that physics is a factor.

Anyway, who would you choose to hang out with? Tina seemed chill, bouncing around at that bungee gym. That seemed fun! She did seem prudish at the campsite but Vannessa also seemed a bit too free. It didn't seem like the kind of place that was nude-friendly.

• Love 3
On 2/15/2022 at 7:25 PM, MsVixen said:

Vanessa's body is really unique.  I don't think I've ever seen fat distribution like that.  Also, did you see the fat hanging down under her short's leg?

From the knees down, her legs look pretty normal but above that, it’s almost like she’s wearing some kind of padded fat bloomers with another layer under her arms overlapping them. 

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, magemaud said:

From the knees down, her legs look pretty normal but above that, it’s almost like she’s wearing some kind of padded fat bloomers with another layer under her arms overlapping them. 

I know, it's interesting how oddly her fat is distributed. Even Vanessa said something like, "you wouldn't expect these legs to be attached to this stomach."

• Love 2
3 hours ago, monagatuna said:

Anyway, who would you choose to hang out with? Tina seemed chill, bouncing around at that bungee gym. That seemed fun! She did seem prudish at the campsite but Vannessa also seemed a bit too free. It didn't seem like the kind of place that was nude-friendly.

I like Tina as well, however I sense she would be upset about cussing, so that would make her a non-starter.  I think I'd hang with Ashley.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 2/25/2022 at 5:05 AM, cynicat said:

I like Tina as well, however I sense she would be upset about cussing, so that would make her a non-starter.  I think I'd hang with Ashley.

Same here.  And Tina couldn't be a Facebook friend either.

• Love 3
On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 AM, monagatuna said:

Tina and Ashley seem nice. 

On 2/25/2022 at 12:03 AM, monagatuna said:

Skydiving tops out at about 225 pounds and you have to pay a "fat tax" (even if you are a fit muscular bodybuilder you must pay the over-200 pound tax) over 200 pounds. The gear tops out at like 400 pounds and that has to include the weight of your TI plus the weight of your rig (parachute, reserve, container, harness, helmets, etc), so...there are limitations. Which is hilarious considering these people think they are only limited by their emotions, self-esteem and fear, forgetting that physics is a factor.

Yes I did know this! Velocity and mass!

• Love 2

I'm trying to figure out HOW Meghan is going to have a wedding if she lives with Tina, even sharing the hotel room when Tina's house flooded.  She and John apparently have NO MONEY to even buy themselves a separate hotel room!  HOW IS SHE GONNA BUY A WEDDING????

• Like 3

I bet she thinks the producers will pay for it.   Or some venue will finance it for the publicity. 

Then there are places like the gazebo that Meghan's proposal happened at.  There are some spectacular city parks and such, where you can reserve a space.    Atlanta is so beautiful, and with spring right around the corner, a gazebo small wedding would be very nice. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I bet she thinks the producers will pay for it.   Or some venue will finance it for the publicity. 

Maybe they should hold the reception at the same venue as the high school reunion.  That was an opulent facility. 

Of course she might have to pony up for the sheet wedding cake but hey, life’s not fair. 

Actually I don't think Meghan & John live with Tina for financial reasons.  Look at the clothes & accessories she wears. She's a hoarder. Tina's husband says she keeps on promising to clean out but packages arrive for Meghan daily.  She likely gets disability, John apparently works.  They are immature & lazy & that's why they're dependent on Tina.  It's just easier being taken care of.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I thought when Tina & Meghan went to that cake store to see about wedding cakes, the cake lady mentioned a theme.  Meghan came up with a dragon wrapped around a castle!  What the actual fuck?

This wedding is gonna be all "dungeons & dragons"!!!  Ookey.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Vannessa seems to be genuinely happy for the others when they lose weight and is really supportive, while Meghan seems jealous and wants all the attention. The hen night is perfect because it is all about her. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/8/2023 at 9:41 AM, vanessaRosa said:

During the cake tasting I am sure Meghan said she hadn't booked a venue, got a dress or done any organising for the wedding. So why were they sampling cakes?

Free cake.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

This season was only slightly more entertaining than last, but I wish the women well. IF they come back, I want to see Vanessa, Ashley- Tina and Megan dont interest me that much. But the way TLC goes, if people do well and lose weight they dont get another season. They could follow Vanessa having skin removal surgery if they come back next year.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2