Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Leaving Paradise

JTMacc99
  • Start Topic

So this turned kind of messy in unexpected ways.  I wasn't all that into the season during the pods but the post-pod stuff has been intriguing.  And with all of the triangles, I'm half expecting some partner swapping from at least one duo.

I don't know why Kyle is so insistent on being with Shaina after it seems like she left without telling him goodbye.  And unless editing is doing her dirty, her issues aren't all that much about religious differences but instead it's because of the time she missed out on with Shayne. 

Danielle said she had a panic attack but a panic attack that comes out as jealous rage is...yeesh.

In the end, I can see why all of these couples might work and more reasons why they probably won't.  They've done a pretty good at keeping me guessing.  For instance, I thought Iyanna and "JerBear" were doomed.  But then their physical connection made me reconsider.  But then he spoke to Mallory and it almost seemed like he was trying to still press his pod case and I was like....I wasn't so sure.

I will say that I hate Netflix's release strategy for this show.  Just give them all to me right now!

• Like 1
  • Love 17

I am so confused about all of these couples. 

I don't understand Abhishak's issue with Deepti. She's very pretty, and he seemed very attracted to her when they first met. I wonder if there is polite coding for them not being sexually compatible. It's an unfortunate plot line, though. 

I feel like the show isn't giving us great insight into Nathalie's personality since she seems like a bit of a wet blanket, but the cast seemed to think she and Shayne made sense and had similar personalities.

Danielle and Iyanna both probably should have gone through more therapy before being on the show, but I still have hope that they may make their relationships work. It seems like the potential is there. 

Sal is going to sabotage himself if he stresses out about Jarrett. Mallory chose him over Jarrett in the pods, and it seems like she's choosing him continuously outside as well. But if he asks her too many times, she's going to potentially change her mind.

Why are Kyle and Shaina still on the show. Shaina broke it off. She doesn't want to be with a non-Christian. Religious compatibility is a legitimate issue. Is the show not letting her break it off? Because that's really shitty to both of them, and there is enough drama with the remaining couples. We don't need another uncomfortable Messica situation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

Shaina broke it off. She doesn't want to be with a non-Christian.

I think if she had the same issue with Shayne she'd become an atheist for him or tell him she'd let him slide on the church attendance.

Based on what we saw, Shayne has a problem with Natalie's acerbic sense of humor. My guess is that will only get worse as he seems to take any joke from her as criticism. I don't think either woman realized how much work Shayne is going to be.

I feel sorry for Kyle right now, but I suppose this relationship could still work. I won't be surprised if they don't make it to the alter though.

• Love 9

I don't understand Danielle. If she started to feel better why didn't she just go and join them instead of watching out a window and making up scenarios in her head?

I ... am so surprised at myself, but I kinda see where Shayne was coming from.  He wants a little more enthusiasm from her, it seems like.  He is like a damn puppy -- a Labrador-- all floppy and wearing his heart on his sleeve.  She is more reserved and I think he needs her to be more demonstrative.  But PDA and demonstrativeness isn't her love language. And he doesn't understand what that really means.

Mallory telling Sal she doesn't understand how he feels about her is bullshit.  He is openly affectionate and you can tell her loves her. 

Why the heck did Shaina accept Kyle?  She. Does. Not. Want. Him.  "This is moving too fast."  Ugh, duh, you idiot.  You said 'yes' when he asked you to marry him.  What are you expecting? 

I think that Iyanna doesn't quite trust Jarette.  She wants to and is trying to believe in him, but yeah, that voice is still whispering in the back of her head that she was his second choice.

I am sad.  I don't love-love any of the cast last I did last year. 

• Love 14
48 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

I ... am so surprised at myself, but I kinda see where Shayne was coming from.  He wants a little more enthusiasm from her, it seems like.  He is like a damn puppy -- a Labrador-- all floppy and wearing his heart on his sleeve.  She is more reserved and I think he needs her to be more demonstrative.  But PDA and demonstrativeness isn't her love language.

What I don't understand is what changed from the pod to the in person behavior. Natalie seemed very verbally effusive in the pods, but she was mean in the scenes that we saw. Shayne didn't seem to hide that he wanted a lot of affirmation in the pods, but all of a sudden Natalie seemed to only be about mean jokes. It came across as very weird to me, especially since he was open that he didn't like it. To me, it seemed like she was pushing him away in Mexico. Maybe she's not actually into his physical looks?

• Love 10
On 2/12/2022 at 7:55 PM, DearEvette said:

I don't understand Danielle. If she started to feel better why didn't she just go and join them instead of watching out a window and making up scenarios in her head?

I ... am so surprised at myself, but I kinda see where Shayne was coming from.  He wants a little more enthusiasm from her, it seems like.  He is like a damn puppy -- a Labrador-- all floppy and wearing his heart on his sleeve.  She is more reserved and I think he needs her to be more demonstrative.  But PDA and demonstrativeness isn't her love language. And he doesn't understand what that really means.

Mallory telling Sal she doesn't understand how he feels about her is bullshit.  He is openly affectionate and you can tell her loves her. 

Why the heck did Shaina accept Kyle?  She. Does. Not. Want. Him.  "This is moving too fast."  Ugh, duh, you idiot.  You said 'yes' when he asked you to marry him.  What are you expecting? 

I think that Iyanna doesn't quite trust Jarette.  She wants to and is trying to believe in him, but yeah, that voice is still whispering in the back of her head that she was his second choice.

I am sad.  I don't love-love any of the cast last I did last year. 

WRT Danielle, there's different levels of feeling better. I could easily see being recovered enough to look at the party from the balcony but not recovered enough to get dressed to party standards, put on your best social face, engage in small talk and all that stuff. It seems like Danielle has some level of mental issues going on too.

It's interesting to me that Shayne presented at first like a stereotypical bro, but he acts way more like a stereotypical chick with a  constant need for affirmation. 

Some possible reasons why Shaina accepted Kyle's proposal:

1. She wanted the money/attention/free Mexico trip

2. She was so desperate to be proposed to that she didn't think about the practical sense of it

3. She wanted a chance to bust up Shayne/Natalie

4. The producers made her do it

Iyanna shouldn't trust Jarrette, and hopefully if they have gotten married she will now take the appropriate precautions after seeing him talking to Mallory. He was basically doing everything he could short of outright saying "You picked the wrong guy."

The main Love Is Blind couple Lauren and Conrad were lightning in a bottle and probably won't be likely captured again. Most of the rest, I could take or leave in terms of couples, but they brought the drama. I'm trying to figure out if any of these guys are on the down low. I thought it's possible for either Nick or Kyle. 

On 2/12/2022 at 8:49 PM, Zuleikha said:

What I don't understand is what changed from the pod to the in person behavior. Natalie seemed very verbally effusive in the pods, but she was mean in the scenes that we saw. Shayne didn't seem to hide that he wanted a lot of affirmation in the pods, but all of a sudden Natalie seemed to only be about mean jokes. It came across as very weird to me, especially since he was open that he didn't like it. To me, it seemed like she was pushing him away in Mexico. Maybe she's not actually into his physical looks?

I take Natalie at face value when she says she finds him hot. But I think that she knows she is going to have to come to grips with various things in the real world: whether her parents are going to be cool both with the sudden nature of the engagement and the fact that her finance is a white guy, that he's going to be the extrovert in social settings, that he's going to just walk off in the middle of conversations when he doesn't get his way. After the first episode, I felt bad for her, but at this point, it seems like she's as bad as he is. 

Edited by Chicago Redshirt
  • Love 10
12 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The main Love Is Blind couple Lauren and Conrad were lightning in a bottle and probably won't be likely captured again. Most of the rest, I could take or leave in terms of couples, but they brought the drama. I'm trying to figure out if any of these guys are on the down low. I thought it's possible for either Nick or Kyle. 

Yeah, Lauren and Cam are lightning in a bottle for sure (btw, for their third anniversary gift she surprised him with a bespoke suit, and a private catered dinner by the in house chef at the design house where the suit is made...it was pretty sweet).

And I was kinda rooting for Kenny and Kelly even though they were bland. 

But individually I really liked Diamond, Kenny and even Kelly.  Of the non-featured people Rory and LC made an impression.

But this season, I am not even rooting for a single couple.  I am mad at Jarrette.  I am side-eyeing Mallory.  I feel bad for both Iyanna and Sal.  I was on board with Danielle and Nick at first, but she is sabotaging all my good will.  Was also ok with Shayne and Natalie but they are coming off as a little too immature for a relationship after these first five eps.  Super meh on Shake and Deepti.  Kyle is delusional.  Can't stand Shayna.

And not a single non-coupled person made any impression at all-- except for pre-mature grey guy who I think is probably one of the most attractive guys out of all of them and of course Trisha.  There was one girl who kinda looked like Iyanna but taller, we got a couple of glimpses of her.  But the rest of the people were like wallpaper I can't tell you how many blonde women with long hair there were, theu all blended.  They didn't even have any fun conversations amongst the groups like S1 did. 

Maybe the back half of the season will change my mind.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, DearEvette said:

And not a single non-coupled person made any impression at all-- except for pre-mature grey guy who I think is probably one of the most attractive guys out of all of them

That was Joey and I had hoped he would find a match and we'd get to see more of him. He reminded me of Max on Catfish.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, deSchenke said:

That was Joey and I had hoped he would find a match and we'd get to see more of him. He reminded me of Max on Catfish.

He did find a match.  And that's what is so frustrating to me.  Like the first season, there were two other couples who got engaged but weren't chosen to go to Mexico/be followed. 

It's pretty clear that they are choosing the couples with the most drama which is going to ruin the show more and lead to less successful outcomes. You need to have at least one or two rootable couples and the more you let through, the better the chances of finding that will be. 

People who come on the show for exposure are going to try to "game" it further when they see that all of the couples associated with love triangles (Sal/Mallory, Jarrett/Iyanna, Shayne/Natalie and Shaina/Kyle) made it on even when doomed from the start. Shaina was expressing doubts right away.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Yeah, Lauren and Cam are lightning in a bottle for sure (btw, for their third anniversary gift she surprised him with a bespoke suit, and a private catered dinner by the in house chef at the design house where the suit is made...it was pretty sweet).

None of the current cast can compare to Lauren and Cameron.   I agree the show got very lucky with them.   In fact I was surprised they didn't make them host this season's show.    But I'm sure they'll bring them back for an episode to play some reindeer games with the current cast.

• Love 7
On 2/12/2022 at 1:52 AM, Irlandesa said:

So this turned kind of messy in unexpected ways.  I wasn't all that into the season during the pods but the post-pod stuff has been intriguing.  And with all of the triangles, I'm half expecting some partner swapping from at least one duo.

Maybe that's why it feels like they rushed through the pods, all the drama occurred after?

With this group, I feel like they should've given them all a one-time do-over in Mexico to re-couple if they wanted.

Sad that no one coupled up with this one. image.png.0b9c6c5d890239d3de431395629810b9.png  

• Love 5
6 hours ago, DearEvette said:

And I was kinda rooting for Kenny and Kelly even though they were bland. 

I was too because all of Kelly's people kept saying that Kenny was the first decent guy Kelly had dated (I remember her mom was like "Love him!" even after the called-off wedding), and he did seem to be a good guy. You could tell Kelly's people were like "She better not fuck this up," and were mad when she did.

There won't be another Lauren and Cameron, particularly the longer the show goes on. I get why there was another season ($$$) but the longer it goes on, the more of a reality show it becomes, and you'll have people who go on it just to game it and be on TV and parlay that into influencer deals (which Lauren and Cameron have, but I think people came to them - I don't think that was their objective). I don't watch The Bachelor(ette) but at this point the people who have gone on it have basically been raised on it, and you can parlay it into a career of sorts. The longer the show goes on, the more you'll find people who go on it for that reason.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:31 PM, Racj82 said:

What the fuck was Danielle even mad about? People really need to work on themselves before they attempt things like this. 

I have no idea. I was watching that like "How did we get here?" If Danielle was feeling better, she could have just thrown on a dress and gone to the party. There was nothing stopping her.

Just now, snarts said:

Maybe that's why it feels like they rushed through the pods, all the drama occurred after?

With this group, I feel like they should've given them all a one-time do-over in Mexico to re-couple if they wanted.

Sad that no one coupled up with this one. image.png.0b9c6c5d890239d3de431395629810b9.png  

Well, well, well. I remember him from the first episode. Call me, my guy!

Where do the rings come from? (Aside from the heirlooms, which: no, oh my God.) Natalie was flashing hers and Shayne said he had good taste - do the guys pick the rings out? In the previous episode Jarrette told Mallory that he knew she didn't like hers, because he'd asked her what she'd want.

• Love 3

When Nick got back from the party, my husband and I were both like, "oh man, he is going to have so much gossip to tell Danielle! How fun!" But then she almost immediately started accusing him of weird shit. Some major red flags there. Run, Nick! 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

There won't be another Lauren and Cameron, particularly the longer the show goes on. I get why there was another season ($$$) but the longer it goes on, the more of a reality show it becomes, and you'll have people who go on it just to game it and be on TV and parlay that into influencer deals (which Lauren and Cameron have, but I think people came to them - I don't think that was their objective).

I don't think it was Cameron's main objective as he still works in AI but it definitely was Lauren's objective.  She was a burgeoning influencer. I think that's how they recruited her.  I don't know if she said it on the show or interviews after but she went on the show to build her brand not expecting to actually fall in love/get married. Both have had opportunities presented to them and do influencing work but I do think it's her full time job and his side hustle.

1 hour ago, Zima said:

Some major red flags there. Run, Nick! 

So much.  They need to really get to the bottom of what that is because it is a huge red flag.  This was probably THE most controlled environment Nick is ever going to be in where she's not there. Everyone down there is coupled up. Nick wasn't a part of a triangle in the pods as far as we know.  Production could likely get fired if they tried to fraternize with the contestants.  She blames a panic attack but I've never heard of a panic attack like that.

• Love 9

Since i checked out of the bachelor a long, long time ago, this is now my replacement trash television show

But I'm getting frustrated....I see that the other people found matches, but they were not chosen to be shown/go to Mexico....but I call such BS on that....I see why when they did the first season they didn't have the budget for it, i read that the show runners thought NO ONE would make it to the alter so they only budgeted so much, but what's the excuse now? they are following the same exact formula as last time....with 6 couples

But OMG the men really suck this season, where do I begin??? Shayne, Shake! JerBear is okay, but shame on Iyanna for accepting his proposal...you WERE the second choice no matter what he says LOL, and Nick, Sal, and Kyle are just okay....

The women I think are better this season than last, but there's still some cringe ones like Shania, and Danielle is becoming very problematic.....

At this rate it looks like no one will make it long term!

Edited by snickers
  • Love 6

First part of the episode:  Trust me, I hate admitting that Natalie and Shayne seem like a match made in heaven.  I hate admitting it, but I'm admitting it!

Nick's whole hippie, woman's man vibe is so interesting and funny.  He talks to everyone like a girlfriend.  And how is he still single?  LOL

I feel so badly for Deepti.  She seems so far in denial.  And Shake is not an honest, upfront person.  He's such a snake telling everyone he doesn't like Deepti except her.

Second part of the episode:  It's fascinating how Natalie will tell the camera how happy she is with Shayne but she seems DEATHLY afraid to express that to his face.

Okay, now I have a theory.  Deepti is faking this whole thing to get Instagram followers.  She knew that Shake was never into her.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 5
On 2/12/2022 at 3:29 AM, Zuleikha said:

Danielle and Iyanna both probably should have gone through more therapy before being on the show, but I still have hope that they may make their relationships work. It seems like the potential is there. 

Iyanna and Jarrett's issues aren't Iyanna's fault in my opinion!  He's more interested in Mallory!

On 2/12/2022 at 3:29 AM, Zuleikha said:

Sal is going to sabotage himself if he stresses out about Jarrett. Mallory chose him over Jarrett in the pods, and it seems like she's choosing him continuously outside as well. But if he asks her too many times, she's going to potentially change her mind.

Sal has amazing gut instincts and can see right through Mal.

On 2/12/2022 at 8:55 PM, DearEvette said:

Yeah, all Natalie does is tease Shayne, make fun of him, and refuse to give him anything back.  I understand his side too.

On 2/12/2022 at 9:49 PM, Zuleikha said:

No, it's her insecurity.  It's how she flirts with men.  And it's a defense mechanism.  I know a lot of women like this, the funny thing is, it often works for them, but Shayne is not the kind of guy who likes it.  I read it as Natalie being 100% attracted to and into Shayne but way too insecure to tell him to his face.  I know women who feel like this but refuse to tell their own boyfriends this because they're afraid the men will become more confident and leave them.  It's fucked up.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
On 2/13/2022 at 8:27 PM, Zima said:

When Nick got back from the party, my husband and I were both like, "oh man, he is going to have so much gossip to tell Danielle! How fun!" But then she almost immediately started accusing him of weird shit. Some major red flags there. Run, Nick! 

He also should not have told Danielle that Mallory was beautiful though.  He seemed like he REALLY wanted to tell her, and even told Jarrette he would tell her.  Um..... why?  Danielle's already seen Mallory.

This Kyle stuff is like a car crash.  (I hate that analogy but I can't think of a better one.  A snake with two heads?). 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, snickers said:

but shame on Iyanna for accepting his proposal...you WERE the second choice no matter what he says LOL

True but I don't think she deserves shame for taking a leap considering the circumstances. They only spent 10 days dating in the pods and he was between two women.  Sometimes in romantic relationships, we don't get the "first choice" but the second choice becomes the right choice.

If Iyanna felt a connection and believe Jarrett felt a connection even if he felt one with someone else slightly more, I don't think she's wrong for giving it a try, especially since how someone looks, smells and tastes can reorder preferences quickly.  Up until his conversation with Mallory, I actually thought Jarrett and Iyanna were going to be a couple that worked based on how he reacted when he saw her.  But then he spoke with Mallory and gave off such player vibes. Ugh.

But it does make me think how different things could have been for these participants if they had just made a different choice in partner. 

If Mallory had chosen to say yes to Jarrett, would we now be rooting for them in their love story?  Same with Shane and Shaina (on second thought, no way on that one.)

• Love 3

I sympathize somewhat with Jerbear, although it's still wrong for him to be heavily flirting with Mallory. (And hopefully, that's all that is.)

I'll take him at face value when he says he was very attracted to both Iyana and Mallory. Indeed, I think a true player would not have tried to make things work with Iyana at all. I think they would be scared off by her difficult home life and by her being a sexual assault survivor. I think that Jarrette was sincere when he said his stabbing made him want to be very serious about his next steps in life and isn't in it just for the good times. Still, even the best intentioned guy would have to have some level of temptation based on how attractive Mallory is (I'd say she's the cutest of the cast by quite a bit), the easiness of the banter, and the fantasy of being able to have a light-hearted and immediately sexual relationship with her. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, DearEvette said:

And not a single non-coupled person made any impression at all-- except for pre-mature grey guy who I think is probably one of the most attractive guys out of all of them and of course Trisha.  There was one girl who kinda looked like Iyanna but taller, we got a couple of glimpses of her.  But the rest of the people were like wallpaper I can't tell you how many blonde women with long hair there were, theu all blended.  They didn't even have any fun conversations amongst the groups like S1 did. 

Right?  HelLO, silver fox!

20 hours ago, deSchenke said:

So much that I did a double-take the first time I saw him.

19 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

He [Joey] did find a match.  And that's what is so frustrating to me.  Like the first season, there were two other couples who got engaged but weren't chosen to go to Mexico/be followed. 

It's pretty clear that they are choosing the couples with the most drama which is going to ruin the show more and lead to less successful outcomes. You need to have at least one or two rootable couples and the more you let through, the better the chances of finding that will be. 

People who come on the show for exposure are going to try to "game" it further when they see that all of the couples associated with love triangles (Sal/Mallory, Jarrett/Iyanna, Shayne/Natalie and Shaina/Kyle) made it on even when doomed from the start. Shaina was expressing doubts right away.

What?!??  C'mon, show, we don't just want to see the messy people!  Do they not realize that including some nice, normal couples that are NOT all about the drama might actually help them prove their theory that Love is Blind?

• Love 7

I know attractive guys in their 30s with grey hair and they NEVER have problems attracting women! 

It reminds me of that woman complaining about having blonde hair and big boobs.  LOL.  But that one was much funnier.

He could also dye his hair if it really upsets him that much, what does he think that all us women do?   

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Lovecat said:

What?!??  C'mon, show, we don't just want to see the messy people!  Do they not realize that including some nice, normal couples that are NOT all about the drama might actually help them prove their theory that Love is Blind?

Plus the "nice and normals" could potentially cause some conflict among the couples that are together but "off."  Comparing themselves to the couples that truly do seem to mesh could make for some interesting self-reflection.

I get weirded out every time Natalie and Shayne are on my screen - I feel like she's constantly trying to turn up her energy level to match Shayne and it comes across as false and not true to who she is.  She admits to being a bit introverted.  Meanwhile Shayne considers himself the life of every party.  Opposites attract, but they seem to be trying way too hard to pretend to be "the" perfect, enviable couple in the group.

At this point, I really don't see any of the couples going through with marriage....maybe Shayne and Shayna, lol.  She's not done yet.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

He could also dye his hair if it really upsets him that much, what does he think that all us women do? 

It tends to be really obvious when men dye their hair because they have to do it very often since most men wear their hair short. (My friend with long dreadlocks dyes his. My mother, who started graying pretty late and has always worn her hair short, dyed hers once, realized the level of upkeep it would require, and never did it again.) I’d much rather see a man go gray. I think once a man is over 30, I expect to see some gray.

1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

feel like she's constantly trying to turn up her energy level to match Shayne and it comes across as false and not true to who she is.  She admits to being a bit introverted.  Meanwhile Shayne considers himself the life of every party.

I find him exhausting (he is so, so not for me). But I do take his point that he wants Natalie to speak his love language a bit more.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, laurakaye said:

At this point, I really don't see any of the couples going through with marriage....maybe Shayne and Shayna, lol.  She's not done yet.

Shaina has not seen Shayne. The couples' party was a few days into the Mexico vacation and she left that first night. It could be that once she sees him, she walks out again!

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

If Iyanna felt a connection and believe Jarrett felt a connection even if he felt one with someone else slightly more, I don't think she's wrong for giving it a try, especially since how someone looks, smells and tastes can reorder preferences quickly.  Up until his conversation with Mallory, I actually thought Jarrett and Iyanna were going to be a couple that worked based on how he reacted when he saw her.  But then he spoke with Mallory and gave off such player vibes. Ugh.

Not Just Player vibes, imo, but he was needling Mallory a bit and shading Sal regarding the ring.  The bit of 'see you settled or a guy who doesn't take the time to find out what you want. I did.  Let me remind you of that so you can let that percolate in your head and you can see what you gave up.' there was a tone...

20 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

If Mallory had chosen to say yes to Jarrett, would we now be rooting for them in their love story? 

See.  I am torn.  I probably would have because they do have mad chemistry in person that I don't think necessarily was true in the pods.  Also my first impression of Jarette was largely so positive mainly because of him and Iyanna.  They vibed so quickly and so well.  Meanwhile, my memory of him and Mallory was her being very 'not like other girls' and selling her 'I am into sports' cred.  Meanwhile she really seemed to work well with Sal in the pods.  Their first meeting seemed to go deeper.  Also Sal was the one she introduced the 'Never Have I Ever' game to oh so coyly let him (and us) know what a sexual free spirit she was.  If she had accepted Jarrette, I might have been bummed because of Iyanna but once they got to Mexico I might have come around.

8 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

I know attractive guys in their 30s with grey hair and they NEVER have problems attracting women! 

Right? I love me a good Silver Fox. No matter the age.  I did hear him say women comment on his hair, but I admit I don't remember his demeanor about it.  I imagine is a top 'getting to know you question' given his age that that would be something of note if he gets it a lot from different women as he is dating.  One of my life long BFFs is a black ginger.  She is light skinned, but is obviously black.  And she also has red hair and freckles.  When we were in college she'd go on dates and guys were forever commenting on her hair and freckles.

11 hours ago, Lovecat said:

Except their experiment is less 'Is love blind' and more 'Is Love blind in five days or less with a trip to Mexico on the table and more tv exposure?'

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

Eh, I'm obviously in the minority, but I'm going to chime in anyway. I don't care for "silver foxes".  Women are often expected to dye their hair when they start to gray, and I think the same should go for men. I just think gray hair makes people look older than they are, and I'm not attracted to older men. 

On a completely different note...I wonder why Ianna wants to wait until marriage before she has sex with Jarrett. Is she a virgin, or is she just not wanting to do it with him in particular yet? I feel that the show would have made a huge deal about her virginity, if that was the case. This wasn't really explained, was it? 

Edited by Zima
5 hours ago, Zima said:

On a completely different note...I wonder why Ianna wants to wait until marriage before she has sex with Jarrett. Is she a virgin, or is she just not wanting to do it with him in particular yet? I feel that the show would have made a huge deal about her virginity, if that was the case. This wasn't really explained, was it? 

I would think her being sexually assaulted in the past had something to do with it.

Edited by dabbrusc
Clarity
  • Love 7

Memo to Kyle: She doesn't want you. She never wanted you. She feels no attraction at all for you. Please don't embarrass yourself any more. 

I literally had to fast forward through their reveal because I knew she was going to be so disappointed. I know she thinks she likes Shayne, but she hasn't seen him or interacted with him in person. I think she should scoop up whatever social media followers she's acquired because of this and go back to the local watering holes where she'll have more luck.

Prediction: None of these couples go through with it. I can't imagine any of them even still being together at this point. Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out. Guilty pleasure trash tv of the lowest caliber. 

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 5
On 2/11/2022 at 10:31 PM, Racj82 said:

What the fuck was Danielle even mad about? People really need to work on themselves before they attempt things like this. 

Yeah I know, I was uncomfortable with her line "I need to forgive him and him to forgive me", huh forgive him of what? Your crazy insecurities? Also I don't buy that she was too sick to go to the gathering downstairs but then perfectly fine the moment he comes back. My guess is she didn't feel like going so she pretended to be sick, and the drama comes after. IMO Nick is one of the few guys that can do better.

But then again that scene could have been at the request of the producers. I hope that's the case.

Edited by William2021
  • Love 5

Mallory: She seems to have had high hopes before the show and not fully satisfied with who she ended up with.

Natalie: Nice girl, but her playful teasing is only suitable for a very confident guy. I think she’s more suited to the quiet yet confident finance guy type.

Nick: Nice guy and seems reasonably well rounded. I think he could do better.

Salvador: Doormat nice guy simp. I feel like he’s a woman’s ideal in a story book but a disappointment in real life.

Shaina:Blonde smoke show. She’ll make some guy very happy one day, but it’s definitely not Kyle. Her excuses about religion, goals, blah blah are her way of trying to tell Kyle that she’s just not into him. If you’re really into someone you ignore all the differences and focus on the similarities. I feel sorry for her because it’s difficult to handle something like this when it’s so public.

Kyle:This dude is clueless poor sap. He doesn’t get signals at all, even when it’s flashing bright red. Shaina wasn’t that into you in the pod, she wasn’t into you when you met, she still talks about Shane, she endlessly talks about your differences and reasons why it’s not going to work. She even left early just to get away from you. This couple reminds me of the old blonde and latino guy in the previous season.

Abishek & Deepti: Typical club guy of Indian decent that dresses well, acts like he’s in a club 24/7 and only dates white girls. He’s dug himself into a hole. I hope he sees Deepti for the nice longterm girl type that she is and gets over his sights on only dating white girls.

Lyanna & Jarrette: Too boring to comment on. Producers should have pricked another guy and girl.

• Love 1
On 2/13/2022 at 9:55 PM, HerkyJerky said:

Does the show force the non-televised couples to get married in 4 weeks or can they just date in real life?

I think those couples are the type that get along perfect and live happily ever after. Too boring for the show.

• LOL 2
On 2/14/2022 at 2:02 AM, Irlandesa said:

True but I don't think she deserves shame for taking a leap considering the circumstances. They only spent 10 days dating in the pods and he was between two women.  Sometimes in romantic relationships, we don't get the "first choice" but the second choice becomes the right choice.

Second choice can be the right choice, but like you just said....he sees Mallory, has apparently a long talk with her, and from what we saw, didn't appear to me someone happy with his second choice.  Now it is not Lyanna's fault because she is probably now seeing what we are seeing, but I think from what they are showing us in the edit, Jerbear won't be able to get past some things about Lyanna and it will be "justification" of why he and Mallory hook up.  Mallory mentioned something about being with people like Jerbear before, well, sometimes you can't help what you are attracted to, and I think this shows highlights love is NOT blind.

As for Kyle, I wonder if the producers are making him stick around LOL

3 hours ago, William2021 said:
On 2/13/2022 at 4:55 PM, HerkyJerky said:

Does the show force the non-televised couples to get married in 4 weeks or can they just date in real life?

I think those couples are the type that get along perfect and live happily ever after. Too boring for the show.

I think they should show at least one....sometimes boring is nice....I have a feeling if this show continues the "couples" will continue to get trashier and trashier.

• Love 8
On 2/16/2022 at 11:08 PM, snickers said:

Second choice can be the right choice, but like you just said....he sees Mallory, has apparently a long talk with her, and from what we saw, didn't appear to me someone happy with his second choice.  Now it is not Lyanna's fault because she is probably now seeing what we are seeing, but I think from what they are showing us in the edit, Jerbear won't be able to get past some things about Lyanna and it will be "justification" of why he and Mallory hook up.  Mallory mentioned something about being with people like Jerbear before, well, sometimes you can't help what you are attracted to, and I think this shows highlights love is NOT blind.

As for Kyle, I wonder if the producers are making him stick around LOL

I think they should show at least one....sometimes boring is nice....I have a feeling if this show continues the "couples" will continue to get trashier and trashier.

Some very good points here.

One reason the Kyle stuff is so hard to watch is because he smiles like that in every situation.  So he's acting like he has no clue Shaina is not interested, but maybe he actually knows 100% but is being forced.  Because why else is all this happening and obviously the show paid for him to go out and meet her.

Your last point, that's exactly what Lauren and Cameron were, a drama free couple, and look at how popular they are and for the Love is Blind brand.

• Love 5
On 2/12/2022 at 6:49 PM, Zuleikha said:

I think what Natalie is doing is called negging - backhanded compliments as a form of flirting. I think she finds Shayne hot, but I wonder if it's a feeling of insecurity about trusting him after the pod stuff with Shaina and this is her way of holding him at arms length. And Natalie knows what Shaina looks like. I wonder if she is afraid of what he's going to do once he sees her......I do appreciate that he was honest about it bothering him when she was being kind of mean.

Iyanna comes across as immature to me - all the giggling coupled with the petite pixie look she has going on reads very young to me. I wonder if that will get old for Jarrett as well.....

Danielle is crazy. She picked a fight with Nick for absolutely zero reason. WTF????

• Love 8
On 2/13/2022 at 12:24 AM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Some possible reasons why Shaina accepted Kyle's proposal:

1. She wanted the money/attention/free Mexico trip

2. She was so desperate to be proposed to that she didn't think about the practical sense of it

3. She wanted a chance to bust up Shayne/Natalie

4. The producers made her do it

My guess is that Shaina was hoping that Kyle would be her physical type. If he'd been a tall, strapping Ken doll come to life, I think maybe she would have tried looking past the religious differences.

But I knew there was no way she was going to be satisfied with his appearance.

She did a good job of acting like it wasn't about his looks, but I don't think it's a coincidence that she dropped him as soon as she saw him. I don't buy her "I just wanted to tell him to his face that I couldn't marry him" stuff.

On 2/22/2022 at 5:58 PM, Ilovepie said:

I think what Natalie is doing is called negging - backhanded compliments as a form of flirting. I think she finds Shayne hot, but I wonder if it's a feeling of insecurity about trusting him after the pod stuff with Shaina and this is her way of holding him at arms length. And Natalie knows what Shaina looks like. I wonder if she is afraid of what he's going to do once he sees her......I do appreciate that he was honest about it bothering him when she was being kind of mean.

Yes, that's exactly what I think is happening!

As much as Shayne is a douche, what Natalie is doing isn't okay. There are times when he's being genuine with her, and she'll say something awful. Earlier in the season, when he asked about her feelings for him, she said, "I think you're a piece of shit." I think if a man had said that to one of the women, viewers would have been more likely to call that behavior out.

• Love 6