Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E10: Seeing the Light

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, pasdetrois said:

Who apparently never had a good orgasm until she had sex with Che. I'm assuming said orgasm is the culprit behind the demented, stalky behavir.

The noises!  I have PTSD from the noises!  Was that some kind of effort at realism? Talk about not sexy!  

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

The noises!  I have PTSD from the noises!  Was that some kind of effort at realism? Talk about not sexy!  

I need  some kind of trauma counseling from listening to that damn writers' room podcast and hearing MPK describe her orgasm as "paleolithic"!

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Rebecca berkowit said:

I don't want to brag but I've had some really good sex and orgasms in my life and I have never sounded like that.

3 minutes ago, T Summer said:

I need  some kind of trauma counseling from listening to that damn writers' room podcast and hearing MPK describe her orgasm as "paleolithic"!

That is the word he used?  I don't think that word means what  he thinks it means.

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't want to brag but I've had some really good sex and orgasms in my life and I have never sounded like that.

That is the word he used?  I don't think that word means what  he thinks it means.

To borrow from When Harry Met Sally, “I WON’T have what she’s having!”

If by Paleolithic he means grunting like a caveman, well, he’s got that right! 

Edited by Rebecca berkowit
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4
14 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

He did.

IDK if he meant to say primordial (which would be just as dumb) or what?

it's in the writers' room podcast #5 + can be found on youtube, if you're so inclined

19 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Maybe he meant primal? 

I wonder if Cynthia was given any direction for that scene or if that was her acting choice.

Here's what he said:

MPK "scene was written explicitly exactly what you see,  except for  what was  added was the magnificant  sort of, I'm going to call it, since I reference dinosaurs Miranda's paleolithic orgasm. this like giant noise coming out of her...  which was Cynthia's  first instinct  [director asks what's happening should it be smaller ?]

MPK  I think that's Cynthia's instinct

MPK   and what I started to like about it...it was like the birth of something it was like labor pains and birth, rather than tittilating"

and there were versions. there were versions. " [He does faint moaning]

8 minutes ago, T Summer said:

Here's what he said:

MPK "scene was written explicitly exactly what you see,  except for  what was  added was the magnificant  sort of, I'm going to call it, since I reference dinosaurs Miranda's paleolithic orgasm. this like giant noise coming out of her...  which was Cynthia's  first instinct  [director asks what's happening should it be smaller ?]

MPK   and what I started to like about it...it was like the birth of something it was like labor pains and birth, rather than tittilating"

Blech

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
On 2/3/2022 at 9:15 AM, T Summer said:

Earlier I thought of something good to say about AJLT. Failure to Launch was on and I came in midway yhrough and still noted 3 of SJP's obnoxious  screams. I don't count that little squeal she let out in ep one when the girls were told their table was ready... so there's that: we got all the way through it with no screaming.

I  thought Carrie looked great all season. I think she still has a youthful look, except for when we have to see sad distraught withdrawn  Carrie, like in the first few episodes or when they pull her hair back so severely. With her slight frame she can really wear some clothes!

Although  with a sky's the limit budget, it's surprising how few times I saw her wear anything that I loved and wished I had access to. Certainly not that cantaloupe colored taffetta monstrosity! IDK what she could've worn to improve that look instead of the pink gloves, but maybe she should've taken  Big  to the bridge  in that beaded Judith  Lieber swan purse instead of the Eiffel Tower shaped one!

I thought that cranberry red dress  Miranda wore to Rock's party enlivened her  complexion. That rust  brown garment  worn with little make up and  her back to red hair  transformation... not so much.  If that was meant to depict  sassy carefree Miranda, they  missed the mark.

These comments are pretty superficial; I know, but I feel like the most interesting part of the episode was only suggested... the meet up with Samantha. Though she agreed to meet Carrie the next night, we never got to see or hear about  what happened.

My only hope for a next season would be if Samantha returns. They left the door open so who knows? Maybe they will recast the part. 

I don’t like Carrie’s hair pulled back. It isn’t flattering to her IMO. When she has her hair down, is that all her hair or is she wearing a wig or extensions? 

I couldn’t stand the Miranda storyline and was hoping Che would dump her. It would’ve served her right after how she treated Steve. 

I don’t know what happened to Charlotte. She turned into a caricature. 

I don’t care about Rock. I don’t like Brady. Actually, I’m struggling to find someone to like on this series. I guess I’ll go with Nya but she’s not one of the main characters.

Season grade: D

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 8
On 2/3/2022 at 8:46 AM, Evie said:

For someone who made a big deal about wanting a nontraditional relationship, they are apparently only sleeping with Miranda, told Miranda they love her and invited her to California. Seems fairly traditional to me.

Seriously! I would love to hear from some nonbinary folks about how Che represents them. Because it seems like the show was doing what Che accused Miranda of in the last episode--pigeonholing traditional male-female dynamics into a non-traditional relationship.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:45 AM, mikem said:

Miranda says to Carrie in the bathroom that she is leaving to go to LA on the fourth, and the taping is either on the 9th or 10th.  Most pilots don't get picked up and that result may not be known for months, so why aren't Che and Miranda coming back to NYC on the 11th?  What are they planning on doing in LA after the taping is over?  And given that most pilots don't get picked up, why did Che shut down the podcast?  None of this made any sense.

So, so stupid and sloppy. I kept thinking, why are they saying "come to California" rather than "move to California"? Oh, because you don't move to make a pilot. You might go for a short while. Of course, it would not have been nearly as dramatic or life altering for Miranda to simply go for a few weeks. 

But ironically, I think Che temporarily going to California, and/or Miranda temporarily going to be be with her, would have made for a more realistic and sympathetic plot point. Miranda wouldn't be setting her whole life on fire and leaving behind her not yet adult son, but would be making a declarative statement about who she is, whom she loves, and the kind of life she wants to lead. 

On 2/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, SlovakPrincess said:

Charlotte's giant pink dress for the "theymitzvah" ... what in the world and why and no.  

I couldn't get over that. Like something Blair Warner would have worn on Facts of Life. 

On 2/3/2022 at 4:07 PM, Lethallyfab said:

Also, Miranda, you literally once suspected your apartment had a ghost so maybe don’t dismiss Carrie’s view of the afterlife as “woo-woo.”

Did these writers never watch the show? geezus. And yeah, I found Miranda's reaction to Carrie so tone-deaf and unfeeling. AJLT portrayed some extremely fucked up dynamics in the Carrie-Miranda relationship. Carrie seemed so skeptical and unaccepting of Miranda's new awakening, almost to the point of blowing it off as a phase that will pass. That bathroom scene was ridiculous--conflict and resolution in 60 seconds or less. Almost seemed like Carrie gave up rather than actually engaging honestly with her lifelong friend. (And to be honest, if that were the case she would speak for a lot of us.)

I have liked Seema, but I found her behavior on the phone with Carrie obnoxious. Maybe take a five minute break from the sexfest to talk to your friend. 

All that said, I thought SJP was definitely the best part of this series. She did a great job with some awful material. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, T Summer said:

Here's what he said:

Oh for fuck sake.  He is acting like Miranda was repressed and Che liberated her.  We saw Miranda enjoy sex on SATC. 

2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

Blech

I second that.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, BrindaWalsh said:

My theory is that CN has a huge crush on SR and found a way to justify getting a little play in there.  "It's not real.  It's acting.  It's Miranda, she's a character."

Which is frankly unprofessional. And super skeevy.

2 hours ago, lovinbob said:

Carrie seemed so skeptical and unaccepting of Miranda's new awakening, almost to the point of blowing it off as a phase that will pass. That bathroom scene was ridiculous--conflict and resolution in 60 seconds or less. Almost seemed like Carrie gave up rather than actually engaging honestly with her lifelong friend. (And to be honest, if that were the case she would speak for a lot of us.)

The scene was ridiculous because Miranda was desperate--to the point of following her in the bathroom--to get Carrie to validate what was happening, and Carrie refused to do it. Carrie didn't want to engage at ALL with Miranda about that--she's obviously skeptical but trying to be polite about it--and Miranda all but shook her to get her to validate it.

• Love 4
On 2/5/2022 at 12:38 PM, dmc said:

Peaches and cream Barbie, I loved mine and YES Carrie stole her dress

I feel sorry for Carrie in that peach dress on the bridge.  I guess wearing that gown meant a lot to her. It just seemed pitiful to me.  

And, Charlotte’s peach dress that she wore to the They mitzba…..I wore that exact dress as a bridesmaid in my brother’s wedding in 1986! Lol. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

If Carrie could participate in the podcast from her bedroom (with a more professional microphone supplied by Che), then why can't Che participate from L.A.? Che's not going to be filming the pilot 24/7. And they're calling it a podcast, so it's not a radio call-in show with set times for being "on air", thus the time difference can be overcome. Sheesh.

Edited by RedHawk
Corrected pronoun for Che
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, RedHawk said:

If Carrie could participate in the podcast from her bedroom (with a more professional microphone supplied by Che), then why can't Che participate from L.A.? She's not going to be filming the pilot 24/7. And they're calling it a podcast, so it's not a radio call-in show with set times for being "on air", thus the time difference can be overcome. Sheesh.

I hope they don’t get wind of your idea and keep Che in season 2. 😩

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2022 at 12:36 PM, bichonblitz said:

I still have a hard time believing hipster Che would have the least bit of interest in frumpy Miranda. Why? Every single bit of her wardrobe screamed "old lady" to me and the wigs were awful. There are really fantastic natural wigs out there these days but Miranda's helmet head looked so cheap. 

High pitched Charlotte and Harry the jew are terrible parents. Let the kids do what ever they want with no discipline or repercussions what so ever. Over it. Too much time spent on their kids. I also don't need to see Anthony constantly running around frantic. 

SJP did a pretty good job with what crappy scripts she had to work with. 

Why can't they just let go of Samantha? The texts were unnecessary and really who cares?  

I was thinking the same thing but did not want to say it.

I mean we know that Che has a ton of lovers...why the Hell would Miranda be the one they take to LA?

Also, a pilot could not work out (most of them don't) and it is much too early for them to move for anything, as of yet.

Of course, if there is a second season then we will find out that Che had the most successful pilot ever and is an international star.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
On 2/3/2022 at 8:42 PM, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

Samantha has turned into a phone screen, and Big into a lamp. Maybe Miranda will die in a landslide between seasons and come back as an orange and gray cat that hangs around outside Carrie's building. Carrie can have conversations with it. 

Like on Sopranos!

E4BC21B7-CAD3-4745-A759-F94C03B6F057.jpeg

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
On 2/4/2022 at 5:06 AM, TheBride said:

Charlotte was the most disappointing in this series. Kristen Davis has forgotten how to act and she was enormously frumpy throughout the series, not to mention loud, and (as someone else said on this forum)....so manic! 

Yes, Charlotte used to have such great style.

She would never wear that stupid pink dress...it looked like a cheap sewing pattern from the '70s and not in a vintage chic kind of way.

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, qtpye said:

She would never wear that stupid pink dress...it looked like a cheap sewing pattern from the '70s and not in a vintage chic kind of way.

I didn't like it at all either, but it's apparently a nearly $3000 Carolina Herrera. Sometimes they care more about the label than the look. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I didn't like it at all either, but it's apparently a nearly $3000 Carolina Herrera. Sometimes they care more about the label than the look. 

She can wear with her Fendi basket bag that looks like a cheap shower caddy ( I had something like this from Target when I went to college) but retails for $1,400....used.

https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/07/charlottes-fendi-bag-seen-on-the-set-of-and-just-like-that-style-fashion-costumes-accessories/

Again, I think the new wardrobe person had Charlotte in the worst styles because she does not know what to do with a curvier woman.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 2
Just now, qtpye said:

I heard someone refer to her Mrs. Doubtfire  fashions...

but cheap 70's pattern and 80's bridesmaids' dress  describe it so well

I've been one of the posters to say often how Kristen Davis' acting and all that screeching drives me nuts. I watched the documentary and she is loud and screechy when she's not in character. When she  plays Charlotte and marries it to the super animated baby talk, it's just unbearable!

It's just unbelievable to me that Che and Miranda are only 9 years apart in age. It always seems like a mid 50's lady  with someone 30something in their scenes together.

Can anyone honestly believe they had Miranda hear the word pilot and say pilot? I don't know what that is? Here ya go Miranda ...

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, T Summer said:

I've been one of the posters to say often how Kristen Davis' acting and all that screeching drives me nuts. I watched the documentary and she is loud and screechy when she's not in character. When she  plays Charlotte and marries it to the super animated baby talk, it's just unbearable!

I thought she was the worst when she was Brooke on Melrose Place, which I believe was her big break. It shocked the hell out of me when she ended up just a few years later on a "prestige show" (I mean, one that was nominated for awards and had think-pieces written about it and stuff). But I did think she had become much better by that point, and the character was well fitted to her. That's one of the achievements of SATC. It pulled very different kinds of female actors into an ensemble and they all seemed like they belonged in the same world.

On AJLT, most of what bothered me about Charlotte was (1) writing and (2) whatever was going on with KD's mouth, which affected her enunciation and the way some consonants sounded.

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, NotMySekrit2Tell said:

On AJLT, most of what bothered me about Charlotte was (1) writing and (2) whatever was going on with KD's mouth, which affected her enunciation and the way some consonants sounded.

See I haven't talked about her mouth  because to me it seems   KD got started down this path in the awful SATC movies and I even saw a change in  the latter seasons of the original series.. say 3-6.

In the case of Steve I wondered if   he was struggling with dental issues or ill fitting dentures as I heard not  merely a New York accent but rather someone who sounded as though they were speaking through clenched teeth. A poster mentioned overtones of Buddy Hackett (good call). I looked up a clip of Chicago Fire and I don't hear it there, and most definetely after viewing the AJLT documentary he 100% does not speak like that when not playing Steve.

I feel like we're being punked here.  Samantha is  using her  one friend as an ATM and withdraws her friendship  from the whole group when she can no longer do it. Miranda has a completely different psyche, mindset and way of conducting herself. Charlotte's  sounding all manic and crazy with the screechy baby talk   and is an anything goes parent. This Charlotte also has no problem with her husband saying "as long as you're down there?" Steve sounds like   he's impaired  physically (his jaw) and intellectually (being slow witted as hell). Though he finally seemed with it mentally when talking to Carrie.

It's as though the writers are taking the money to do a  SATC reboot and enjoying the prestige of being attached to a successful ground breaking TV show, but feeling free to change up the characters' traits wherever they want and  use those characters to tell  us  their own stories   and about their own experiences.

Add in a whole lot of virtue signalling to tell us  how bad we are to have gone along with a shitty show that needs it's racist, homophobic, non inclusive ways called into question  and rectified. We really need to do better. 🙄  According to the people who worked on the show  we're hating  the way Miranda has deceived and belittled   her husband  of 20 years because we're rife with homophobia  and simply  can't deal with  Che's gender non conforming  status.  Yeah... because that makes total sense? Just one problem with all that judgement you're heaping on the audience,  *writers and producers:  many of you  are the same people who gave us the cast, story lines and dialogue you think we're so unenlightened to have allowed ourselves to enjoy.

* [of the 5 writers who were added to do AJLT, 2 of them were already involved as producers on SATC, All 3 actresses have EP credits this time, not just SJP]

• Love 6
2 hours ago, T Summer said:

See I haven't talked about her mouth  because to me it seems   KD got started down this path in the awful SATC movies and I even saw a change in  the latter seasons of the original series.. say 3-6.

In the case of Steve I wondered if   he was struggling with dental issues or ill fitting dentures as I heard not  merely a New York accent but rather someone who sounded as though they were speaking through clenched teeth. A poster mentioned overtones of Buddy Hackett (good call). I looked up a clip of Chicago Fire and I don't hear it there, and most definetely after viewing the AJLT documentary he 100% does not speak like that when not playing Steve.

I feel like we're being punked here.  Samantha is  using her  one friend as an ATM and withdraws her friendship  from the whole group when she can no longer do it. Miranda has a completely different psyche, mindset and way of conducting herself. Charlotte's  sounding all manic and crazy with the screechy baby talk   and is an anything goes parent. This Charlotte also has no problem with her husband saying "as long as you're down there?" Steve sounds like   he's impaired  physically (his jaw) and intellectually (being slow witted as hell). Though he finally seemed with it mentally when talking to Carrie.

It's as though the writers are taking the money to do a  SATC reboot and enjoying the prestige of being attached to a successful ground breaking TV show, but feeling free to change up the characters' traits wherever they want and  use those characters to tell  us  their own stories   and about their own experiences.

Add in a whole lot of virtue signalling to tell us  how bad we are to have gone along with a shitty show that needs it's racist, homophobic, non inclusive ways called into question  and rectified. We really need to do better. 🙄  According to the people who worked on the show  we're hating  the way Miranda has deceived and belittled   her husband  of 20 years because we're rife with homophobia  and simply  can't deal with  Che's gender non conforming  status.  Yeah... because that makes total sense? Just one problem with all that judgement you're heaping on the audience,  *writers and producers:  many of you  are the same people who gave us the cast, story lines and dialogue you think we're so unenlightened to have allowed ourselves to enjoy.

* [of the 5 writers who were added to do AJLT, 2 of them were already involved as producers on SATC, All 3 actresses have EP credits this time, not just SJP]

Kristin was always prone to overdoing cartoonish facial reactions but boy, it seems like it went off the cliff in the second movie (particularly when she shits her pants) and AJLT. I wonder if the fillers have so numbed her face that she has no idea or ability to be subtle anymore. So many times, I wondered why she wasn't directed to dial it back a bit and the only thing I could come up with is that she physically can't. I've never had fillers, so I can't speak from experience. But she definitely used to be capable of far more understated facial reactions and that is just gone.

Of course, it could also be that the show is a complete dumpster fire of poor writing and directing decisions and her performance was just another casualty of creative decision-making. 

• Love 9
26 minutes ago, TakomaSnark said:

Of course, it could also be that the show is a complete dumpster fire of poor writing and directing decisions and her performance was just another casualty of creative decision-making. 

I like Sarita Choudhury  but I noticed Seema often speaks   in a stilted  abrupt fashion. Like jokes,   rather than the way people converse. Watching the documentary I saw that it was the direction she received that resulted in that delivery. She first said her lines in a softer smoother way.

Go figure.

That's a new person. It would be really bewildering if they changed the  way they directed  KD over time. In the off time when she's sitting talking with CN and SJP she's really unnecessarily loud and shrill... just minus the  baby voiced affectation.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, CeeBeeGee said:

The scene was ridiculous because Miranda was desperate--to the point of following her in the bathroom--to get Carrie to validate what was happening, and Carrie refused to do it. Carrie didn't want to engage at ALL with Miranda about that--she's obviously skeptical but trying to be polite about it--and Miranda all but shook her to get her to validate it.

I think on some level Miranda knows she  has lost her fucking mind.  If she is so confident in her decision she doesn't need someone else to validate it.  And it's interesting the show didn't show her telling Brady she is moving.  Probably because realistically Brady might have had questions. Such as when are you coming home? The show liked to ignore things they didn't want to deal with.

10 hours ago, qtpye said:

I mean we know that Che has a ton of lovers...why the Hell would Miranda be the one they take to LA?

Because Miranda is now Cynthia Nixon and CN wants Che and CN is a producer so......

10 hours ago, luna1122 said:

I wonder if Caroline Herrera paid to have their dress on the show.

5 hours ago, T Summer said:

That is it in a nutshell.  MPK and the other writers haven't had anything that compares to the success they had with SATC. MPK had the Comeback and Two Broke Girls neither of which lived up to SATC.  If they had created AJLT without the SATC characters no way would it have been greenlit.

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I think on some level Miranda knows she  has lost her fucking mind.  If she is so confident in her decision she doesn't need someone else to validate it.  And it's interesting the show didn't show her telling Brady she is moving.  Probably because realistically Brady might have had questions. Such as when are you coming home? The show liked to ignore things they didn't want to deal with.

I felt like the conversation Miranda had with Brady in the finale was an oblique reference to the conversation they should have had. She asks Brady, "Are you ever going to say something about [slight pause] my hair?" And he asks what happened to "gray power" then tells her it's all good, makes a joke, and takes off on his trip. So apparently he's cool with everything, including her "gray power" turning to "gay power". I don't know, yet otherwise why even have that scene? 

But yeah, again the writers chose not to address directly how her son actually feels about his mother abruptly leaving his dad for her non-binary lover. Such a missed opportunity for storytelling with depth. Instead we get a few trite remarks and a handwave of behavior that most of us would have been shocked, angry, or at least puzzled to witness in a parent. Ok, so Brady was in the "ally section" [are there "ally sections" at Pride rallies, and if so, why?] at a Pride rally. That doesn't mean that he just shrugs off his mom upending her whole life as well as his dad's.

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, RedHawk said:

But yeah, again the writers chose not to address directly how her son actually feels about his mother abruptly leaving his dad for her non-binary lover. Such a missed opportunity for storytelling with depth. Instead we get a few trite remarks and a handwave of behavior that most of us would have been shocked, angry, or at least puzzled to witness in a parent. Ok, so Brady was in the "ally section" [are there "ally sections" at Pride rallies, and if so, why?] at a Pride rally. That doesn't mean that he just shrugs off his mom upending her whole life as well as his dad's.

It really does seem like the writers intentionally avoided any negative reaction to Miranda's new life.  Does Steve even know who Miranda's new lover is?  Did we ever see Miranda and Che together with Carrie or Charlotte? Did Carrie and Che ever talk about Miranda?  They never integrated them (Miranda and Che as a couple) into the rest of the show.   Miranda would talk about them but the rest of the time she was with Che, or fantasizing about Che.  It didn't feel like a relationship.  

• Love 5

I have to disagree with the notion that "nobody hates Che", because that just isn't true. All across social media there are threads and posts and articles about hating the character. There are google search results for hating Che, in the top bunch that show up.  A lot of people do actually despise that character. That said, I will say that Sara R is very charismatic. I haven't watched her in anything before, but I don't mind Che as much as I did, largely because of Sara. She can't help that they've shoehorned certain quoatas into the show or that the writing hasn't been that good for her. She is doing everything she possibly can with her role, so, hats off to her.

• Love 5

I don't hate Che.  I hated some of their behavior.  And I think their storyline with Miranda has been absolutely awful.  If they had kept the original storyline of having Che be Carrie's podcast cohost they probably would have been better received.   

Cynthia Nixon requesting the storyline change was detrimental to AJLT.  I would like to know what would have happened if they had kept the original storyline and had Miranda and Nya get involved.  Would Miranda still had acted like a schoolgirl in love?  Would she have cheated on Steve with not one shred of remorse? Would Che have been better written?

Edited by bluegirl147
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Kristin was always prone to overdoing cartoonish facial reactions but boy, it seems like it went off the cliff in the second movie (particularly when she shits her pants) and AJLT. I wonder if the fillers have so numbed her face that she has no idea or ability to be subtle anymore. So many times, I wondered why she wasn't directed to dial it back a bit and the only thing I could come up with is that she physically can't. I've never had fillers, so I can't speak from experience. But she definitely used to be capable of far more understated facial reactions and that is just gone.

Kristen is talented, but yes she was known for making Charlotte very cutesy. It's funny I prefer Charlotte and Carrie as characters, but I like Kim and Cynthia better as actresses. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

Her mouth looks odd, slightly lopsided. It looks like too much filler. Perhaps she never adjusted to it and that’s why it has affected her speech. During some periods it almost sounds like she has a retainer in. (I wear one at night and don’t talk normally when it’s in. It gives me a slight lisp.)

She looks odd sometimes when she’s talking and also when she smiles widely. She really screwed up the lower half of her face. I hope it isn’t permanent. Filler can last a lot longer than they tell you. It travels to other parts of the face. 

Steve does sound like his teeth are clinched. It’s a combination teeth-clench and squeak. Very distracting! 

I don’t understand why John’s brother wasn’t at his funeral. 

The producer guy is hot but it seemed too convenient to have him like Carrie. But on the other hand, all the men go crazy over Carrie. That’s a holdover from SATC. 

I must have missed something. I don’t remember what happened to Carrie’s other apartment. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

I must have missed something. I don’t remember what happened to Carrie’s other apartment. 

The one she and Big bought in the movie? Seema sold that, and then Carrie bought the terribly green screened one with the mysterious beeping, and then Carrie sold *that* one in the same episode (which Seema encouraged so she could keep double-dipping on her commission).

Edited by TakomaSnark
Missing words
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Her mouth looks odd, slightly lopsided. It looks like too much filler. Perhaps she never adjusted to it and that’s why it has affected her speech. During some periods it almost sounds like she has a retainer in. (I wear one at night and don’t talk normally when it’s in. It gives me a slight lisp.)

She looks odd sometimes when she’s talking and also when she smiles widely. She really screwed up the lower half of her face. I hope it isn’t permanent. Filler can last a lot longer than they tell you. It travels to other parts of the face. 

Steve does sound like his teeth are clinched. It’s a combination teeth-clench and squeak. Very distracting! 

I don’t understand why John’s brother wasn’t at his funeral. 

The producer guy is hot but it seemed too convenient to have him like Carrie. But on the other hand, all the men go crazy over Carrie. That’s a holdover from SATC. 

The brother was at the funeral and the only thing he could say about the death of his John was that he was lucky to have Carrie in his life. I guess Big never did anything else that was noteworthy.

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, TakomaSnark said:

The one she and Big bought in the movie? Seema sold that, and then Carrie bought the terribly green screened one with the mysterious beeping, and then Carrie sold *that* one in the same episode (which Seema encouraged so she could keep double-dipping on her commission).

Unless I missed something, Carrie said she might sell it the same day, but that never happened? But I had to skip through a lot of this trainwreck, so that very well could have happened.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, John M said:

Unless I missed something, Carrie said she might sell it the same day, but that never happened? But I had to skip through a lot of this trainwreck, so that very well could have happened.

It was another dropped plotline but I just assumed that's what happened since it seemed she had completely moved back into her old place.

• Love 1
On 2/3/2022 at 1:32 PM, slowpoked said:

I've always thought of Moon River as Big and Carrie's song, in that I Heart NY episode, still my most favorite SATC episode ever. Like Big said, it's by Sinatra, and the song is so NY. I wonder why the writers didn't revisit that for AJLT. I mean, I like "Hello, It's Me" fine, but Moon River was more Big and Carrie, in that in the end it all fits and make sense, even though the individual words/lyrics didn't 🤷‍♀️

If my memory is still sharp, "Moon River" was more Big's parents' song.  Made sense to me they would choose something different for Big and Carrie, although I did love them dancing to Moon River in that episode.

• Love 3
On 2/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, qtpye said:

Of course, if there is a second season then we will find out that Che had the most successful pilot ever and is an international star.

This will most likely turn out to be true. 🤮

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EvergreenLove said:

If my memory is still sharp, "Moon River" was more Big's parents' song.  Made sense to me they would choose something different for Big and Carrie, although I did love them dancing to Moon River in that episode.

It reminds me of Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

It reminds me of Breakfast at Tiffany's. 

Well, back in the SATC heyday there were plenty of pieces written about how Holly Golightly inspired Carrie Bradshaw...

Edited by Jillybean
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/4/2022 at 5:19 PM, Blackie said:

I thought the same thing, as I was involved in an ash spreading last fall and it was way more ashes then I thought!!

Sorry, I can't get this out of my head now...

Screen Shot 2022-02-09 at 10.54.44 AM.jpg

• LOL 4