Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08:Calm Before The Storm

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I'm in my 60s and I'd be horrified!   

Same!  I'm 61 and it's hard for me to believe Kimberly is only 50..that's a very hard 50.  I really just find her loathsome because of her actions and that's typically all I ever like to comment on, not a person's appearance...however in this case I have to make an exception.  Again I have to compare her to the middle-age men with huge guts and bad teeth that go overseas looking for a young hottie.  They all seem to think they are highly desirable and Kimberly is no exception.  I'm happy for anyone to have a healthy amount of self-esteem but she just seems delusional.  She doesn't even seem to make any type of effort to make herself presentable.  I actually work really hard to take care of myself and I am under no pretense that a young hot guy would find me remotely attractive, yet she tosses her dirty hair back into a high pony, throws on an old t-shirt and thinks she is good to go.  I wish I had that level of self confidence!

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
26 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

Same!  I'm 61 and it's hard for me to believe Kimberly is only 50..that's a very hard 50.  I really just find her loathsome because of her actions and that's typically all I ever like to comment on, not a person's appearance...however in this case I have to make an exception.  Again I have to compare her to the middle-age men with huge guts and bad teeth that go overseas looking for a young hottie.  They all seem to think they are highly desirable and Kimberly is no exception.  I'm happy for anyone to have a healthy amount of self-esteem but she just seems delusional.  She doesn't even seem to make any type of effort to make herself presentable.  I actually work really hard to take care of myself and I am under no pretense that a young hot guy would find me remotely attractive, yet she tosses her dirty hair back into a high pony, throws on an old t-shirt and thinks she is good to go.  I wish I had that level of self confidence!

You're so lovely, I would have easily guessed twenty years younger!

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, nr65000 said:

I don't look as good as you (I do okay though).  Kimbaaaaaly needs pointers from you.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, IvySpice said:

Call me shallow, but if I'm on TV -- especially a romance reality show -- I'm doing my makeup before the film crew gets there in the morning and taking it off after they go home at night.

Is that you, Darcey? Oh wait, she sometimes is filmed without makeup, but there have been some participants who obviously wear full makeup for their bedroom scenes, either the night before or the morning after. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

I'm 43 and Kimbaaaaaly could pass as my mother. If she's really 50, then damn. She looks like ten miles of bad road. I know most of this is scripted for tv, but watching Kim pressure Usman made me physically uncomfortable. It reminded me of those date rape movies they showed us in health class. She's definitely the female equivalent of guys who buy you dinner then expect you to put out. 

With regards to Mike, I wish he hadn't asked Ximena's kids about being their dad. This relationship is going nowhere. Either they'll break up before she leaves Colombia or she'll ghost him once she gets to the U.S. The kids are just going to get attached, only to end up disappointed. I'm also eye-rolling Ximena's dad questioning Mike's intentions. Bro, your daughter dates murderers and hit men. A shleppy American with a farting problem, is the least of your worries. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Question about Ben....I know he read the text from her while he was at the airport saying, "don't come" and the excuse about her father. Was this the first time he told her he had a ticket and was planning to show up??

If I remember correctly, they had made plans for Ben to go to Peru for her birthday the previous month (remember, they've only been in contact for about three months total), and according to him they were both really looking forward to it, but Mahogany cancelled a few days before his flight. I think her excuse was that her parents would be out of town, and she wanted them to meet Ben so it wouldn't be a good time for him to come.

Regarding your spoiler, at this point I don't think anything has been confirmed about Mahogany. Internet sleuths do seem to have found the "real" woman (aka, unfiltered pics of the same person that Ben has pics of), but we don't yet know the actual situation. Maybe Mahogany is real and catfishing Ben with her own heavily edited pics. Maybe a friend or family member is using her pics to do it (with or without her knowledge/consent). Maybe a total stranger stole her pics to do it. We just don't know yet. But I think we can all agree that the least likely scenario is Ben's version of events- an epic love story ordained by God between an old narcissistic cult member and a Peruvian Barbie doll.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I'm 43 and Kimbaaaaaly could pass as my mother. If she's really 50, then damn. She looks like ten miles of bad road. I know most of this is scripted for tv, but watching Kim pressure Usman made me physically uncomfortable. It reminded me of those date rape movies they showed us in health class. She's definitely the female equivalent of guys who buy you dinner then expect you to put out. 

I'll be 49 soon and Kimaaaaaly looks like she can be MY mother. Heck, my own Mom looks better than Kimber.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think what he was trying to explain was that his ADHD, which is a learning disability

I don't want to be that poster, but please see my description that ADHD is not a learning disabilty.  Kids with ADHD are put in the OHD category - Other Health Disabilities.

I agree that Mike should have said:  "Look my ADHD make my thinking very rigid.  It will be challenging for me to learn new things.  Please show some grace to me just like I showed you grace you unbathed lying woman who got knocked up, on purpose, by a prisoner.  Want some more plain chewy pasta?"

You. Don't Know Her. Favorite. Color.

9 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

For me, it's her teeth. Her long yellow overbite with what looks like black stains in some areas.  She keeps saying "Not bad for 50, right?" and I keep thinking, "I'm 53 and I'd be horrified if I looked like that." Granted, I'm no super model, but my teeth are still white and my boobs are still boob-shaped... and I don't go around soliciting compliments for it. I can't begin to even imagine how I'd go about doing that with men half my age. "Hey, you know those firm, pert, 25 year old breasts you're used to seeing in the bedroom? Well, check out these reasonable facsimiles, Mister! Not bad for 53, right?" Oy vey iz mir.

I just need to share with all you fine people that my boobs, are indeed, still boob shaped.  Nursed two kids and just turned 57.  You can all sleep better tonight.  Hers were pointed downwards and looked like me what I was 5-6 months pregnant.  With my eleven pound son.

Her badgering was not uncomfortable to me, I was relishing loving how stupid she sounded.  Whoever posted what the hell was her son going to say?  "Hey!  Fuck my mom, would ya?"  I laughed so hard I cried.  Just what was he going to say?  A good and respectful son would have said yeah mom, gotta go.  But maybe they one of those weird enmeshed codependent relationships that are way too common.

Pastor Pred:  You have a daughter or daughters, right?  "Hey Dad?  Some guy 30 years older is dating me online.  He wanted to fly to meet me, but I changed my mind.  I told him not to come, but he flew here anyway.  Now he is driving to our hometown and is looking for me.  It is scaring me a little, he say says he about religion, but he could be lying.  Dad can you help me?"  Pastor Pred:  No, it is the Lord's work that he is stalking you.  Let's go pray for a way for you to change."

Ella has enabling parents who have financially bailed her out before.  They offered to bail her if she gets into trouble with an overseas boyfriend.  Just tell her to stay home.  I wouldn't.  And I would say as much.  Sorry, not touching my retirement so you can touch Jonny.

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I just need to share with all you fine people that my boobs, are indeed, still boob shaped.  Nursed two kids and just turned 57. 

That's it. I was just toying with the idea before, but now I think it has to become manifest. Hear me out: An all over-50 podcast discussion of 90DF. 

We could call it Boob Shaped Boobs. Who's in?

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, nutella fitzgerald said:

Don’t tell those sweet kids you’re going to be their dad unless and until you know that for a fact!

Exactly what I was thinking. Another poor performance from Mike. It's one thing after another with this guy. Now we are getting some suspense about next week's marriage proposal. X has gotten into an awful jam with all of her horrible life decisions in the past, why would this be any different? It'll work for as long as it needs to for her, but then it's over, with Mike ending up crushed and alone again. Oh, and when is the bombshell going to be dropped regarding her having to take care of three men in the US in addition to her own boys? She has no clue as to what hell awaits her.  It probably never even occurred to Mike that this is something that needs to be discussed!!

• Love 11
35 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

That's it. I was just toying with the idea before, but now I think it has to become manifest. Hear me out: An all over-50 podcast discussion of 90DF. 

We could call it Boob Shaped Boobs. Who's in?

I am all in.  I think we should co-host.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Kimbaaly on Insta posted a pic saying yeah, i looked & behaved really badly and I get it guys but please don't flood the DMs with fat shaming comments. I agree with her----and I guess a lot of us here if we were in our nighty on tv wouldn't look like superstars either

Many of us have things we don't like about our bodies, but the last thing I'd want to do is flaunt them on TV. Like others have said, does Kim not have a mirror? She should have worn a well fitting bra under her Wal-mart pink nighty with the hearts on it so no one would have to see her outlined boob. She could have shed the bra once sexy time came -  but we all know that time will never come.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

With regards to Mike, I wish he hadn't asked Ximena's kids about being their dad. This relationship is going nowhere. Either they'll break up before she leaves Colombia or she'll ghost him once she gets to the U.S. The kids are just going to get attached, only to end up disappointed. I'm also eye-rolling Ximena's dad questioning Mike's intentions. Bro, your daughter dates murderers and hit men. A shleppy American with a farting problem, is the least of your worries. 

Lol, I just turned 62 this month and Kimbelly could pass for MY mother!

• LOL 9

Kim needs a little defense about her belly. Being in a foreign country with different foods and drinks, stress from traveling, and the cluster f*ck video shoot (which she may have helped finance), she's probably uncomfortably, possibly painfully,  bloated and/or constipated. She does need to back off of pressuring Usman, because it's adding to her stress. 

On 1/31/2022 at 1:52 PM, FrancescaFiore said:

Guilt trip/victim complex. It's what older women seem to do when they're out of options. I once had to evict a psycho 55 year old lady from my flat and she brought her grown-ass adult son to court with her and claimed I was going to cause her child (who never lived with me) to be homeless. It's a desperate move that psychos pull. Darcey Silva does it too. "How could you do this to my daughters?" Um, you're the one being rejected here. Your kids don't really care. 

Have you met poor weepy Danielle from Season 2? Her TH after Mohammed left is television history. "He don't know how it's affected a whole fambly, the gurlz..."

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Rt66vintage said:

Have you met poor weepy Danielle from Season 2? Her TH after Mohammed left is television history. "He don't know how it's affected a whole fambly, the gurlz. girlses.."

FTFY

Edited by Kath94
  • LOL 4
On 2/1/2022 at 9:28 PM, Breedom said:

She should have worn a well fitting bra under her Wal-mart pink nighty with the hearts on it so no one would have to see her outlined boob

a push up bra would add to the sexiness by giving her some lift and cleavage. Without it, her breasts looked like two triangular skin flaps pointing in different directions. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Rt66vintage said:

Have you met poor weepy Danielle from Season 2? Her TH after Mohammed left is television history. "He don't know how it's affected a whole fambly, the gurlz..."

That's right! The gurlz don't care. They were probably relieved that the charade was finally over. But then Dinyell draaaaaaaaagged it out for years longer.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

You know, for about 30 minutes, I had hope for Gino and Hurricane Jasmine…but when Jasmine started clapping when Gino took off his hat, that was for all of us.

Jasmine is nuts but I actually like her more now. She's at least self-aware, feels guilty, and legitimately tries to be better (apologizing, complimenting Gino when his hat is off, giving him the benefit of the doubt/choosing to trust him...until he acted suspicious that is). I gotta say that, of the two, I dislike Gino much, much more. What is the logic of sharing your current partner’s intimate photos with your FORMER partner WHILE you are vacationing with your current partner?

My husband came in when he heard Kimbaaaly begging for sex and asked if I was watching Reno 911. Seriously! I haven’t ever seen anyone as thirsty as a middle aged American woman in Nigeria. Her repeatedly pressuring Usman for sex is so gross. FFS, no means no. Stop trying to jump down his pants every 5 seconds. And what is her son going to rip Usman for? “YOU DIDN’T FUCK MY MOM SOJABOY, WHAT THE FUCK?” And she finally gives in and says its okay that they don’t have sex so he’ll stay, but then immediately goes back to trying to coerce him into it and getting upset when he won’t. I would be embarrassed to be her son.

Can someone on here please explain to me how having ADHD excuses you from burping/farting/boogering in public? I am an autistic and also have ADHD, and while the things he said about forgetting things are true, this is not an excuse. Yes, I am forgetful but I would never go to the point where I "forget" about my dirty underwear on the floor. He's just a messy person, ADHD is not an excuse. Even my coworker agrees that being a slob has zero to do with having ADHD.

Still don't get how Mike messed up spaghetti. It looked like he was trying to make Kraft mac and cheese but with a long pasta. You can’t be a sugar daddy and feed struggle meals to your girlfriend and her kids.

If Ben's kids didn't already hate him, they definitely hate him after hearing him state his desire to start a brand new family with this 22 year old. Guys, do you think Mahogany is Ben’s ex-wife? He shouldn’t have called her a fat ass Kelly Price!

I really did not like Caleb from the start but I think perhaps I judged him too harshly. He’s been an okay dude and especially after this episode where Elijah is basically trashing him until the last moment, he keeps his cool. I don’t know.

Elijah and Caleb have more chemistry than Alina and Caleb do.

I haven’t spent a lot of time on farms, but surely you don’t wear short shorts and fake fashion cowboy boots to actually feed animals, do you?

I would die if I was nearly 30 years old, asking my parents for permission to go abroad, having my mother tell me I was to naïve to go to Dubai, and then having to ask them for money to do so. Dubai, when they're open, is an extremely easy place to travel to because they're so dependent on western tourist dollars.

I hope people in other states that are watching this know that the rest of the people in Michigan are not all this stupid...

Me happy no Hamza and Memphis this episode.

This is the first season where they won’t have any couples who make it to regular 90 Day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 12

So Ben tried to meet mahogany in Peru for her birthday and she told him it to come then also, because her parents were going to be out of town?  I call BS.  Her parents were not going out of town on her birthday.  I just doubt it.  Then why not switch weekends? Ben or the parents, take your pick.  She’s shy but she did reach out to him first on social media.  Whatever. I also want Bens ex wife to be pretending to be this mahogany person. Revenge like this is sweet.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Still don't get how Mike messed up spaghetti. It looked like he was trying to make Kraft mac and cheese but with a long pasta.

I'm no longer of fan of Mike. He flubs up everything and now we find out he can't even cook pasta? How does he take care of his dad and grandpa??? He's "nice". That's it. He gets everything else wrong, he has no manners, the list goes on. I'll see what he does next week to get me mad. I hope that X turns his marriage proposal down flat. I can't imagine any woman wanting this for herself. If he can't manage his own life, how is he going to help raise X's two little boys? He almost lost one at the park! X is in a predicament, but she still has family to help. She should hold out for someone else. Can anyone really be "in love" with Mike?

My neighbor is in her 90's and she looks better than Kimbelly. She is a classless piece of work who doesn't recognize that Usman finds her repulsive. Kimbelly, go home back to your MJ shrine.

Edited by Breedom
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

Gino seems terrified of Jasmine's temper..I wonder if she ever gets physical? Why would he marry a woman he fears? Plus she would spend every last dollar he has within a year. Why would he send naked pictures of Jasmine to his ex? Mike is just plain nasty. A role model for two young boys...I don't think so. Caleb will get tired of pushing that wheelchair and lifting her. I know she is short, but I bet she is a lump to lift into the car etc? Can think of nothing good to say about Ben either. What a bunch of losers this time, and the women are even worse if possible.

• Love 3
23 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Why would he marry a woman he fears?

He must get off on being with an Espicy Latina. Her over the top jealousy confirms that, at least in his mind, he's a great stud.

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Breedom said:

I'm no longer of fan of Mike. He flubs up everything and now we find out he can't even cook pasta? How does he take care of his dad and grandpa??? He's "nice". That's it. He gets everything else wrong, he has no manners, the list goes on. I'll see what he does next week to get me mad. I hope that X turns his marriage proposal down flat. I can't imagine any woman wanting this for herself. If he can't manage his own life, how is he going to help raise X's two little boys? He almost lost one at the park! X is in a predicament, but she still has family to help. She should hold out for someone else. Can anyone really be "in love" with Mike?

My neighbor is in her 90's and she looks better than Kimbelly. She is a classless piece of work who doesn't recognize that Usman finds her repulsive. Kimbelly, go home back to your MJ shrine.

My take on Mike:  Remember his dad barking at him to get down and have breakfast?  When it was to make kinda sad looking pancakes then made fun of him?  He can't do anything right by anyone.

• Useful 1
On 2/1/2022 at 12:50 PM, Xebug67 said:

The mother is kind of beastly looking, but then again the daughters and daddy aren't much to look at either.  Nor is daddy's wife.  That is one helluva ugly family.

What they lack in looks, they make up in efficiency of American dollar harvest. Ximena’s older son actually looks just like her, so maybe her features work better on a male face.  I believe that is what they call a “handsome woman”?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

Guys, do you think Mahogany is Ben’s ex-wife? He shouldn’t have called her a fat ass Kelly Price!

I have nothing to add here. I’m just so pleased by the thought of Ex-Wife Ben messing with him and so happy to be reminded of this iconic moment in reality television 😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

kimbally begging for sex was so cringe. i literally hid behind my pillow. she said on ig that she was edited poorly but honestly i cant think of a scenario where that context is ok. 

how someone that is mike age cant cook i will never understand. if he wanted to impress ximena and the kids, he shouldve chosen a dish that he knew he can properly execute. that dinner was so sad. i feel so bad for the kids. 

i dont know why, but i find so much joy in seeing ella cry. its so funny to me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, Ginos Black Hat said:

i dont know why, but i find so much joy in seeing ella cry. its so funny to me. 

I’m just shocked by her ability to cry in every episode. She is on pace to outcry some of the heaviest hitters of the franchise. Johnny thinks this woman is fit to be a stepparent?  What would his 6-year-old make of a woman who was the size of both his grandparents put together, spoke zero words of his native language, AND cried more than any of the weepiest children in his school? I know I asked Jamal to rescue Ximena’s kids, but I’m sure he could scoop up Stony as well. I bet they would all get over any language barrier really quickly to share war stories about their parents’ odd choices in partners.

Edited by nutella fitzgerald
Ella is ridiculous
  • Love 4
On 2/3/2022 at 2:00 PM, nutella fitzgerald said:

I have nothing to add here. I’m just so pleased by the thought of Ex-Wife Ben messing with him and so happy to be reminded of this iconic moment in reality television 😂

If you like pina coladas...

Ximena is an expert at pained expressions.  She's given the option of marrying Mike or getting a job and the tortured look on her face is like she's just been asked to play Connect Four with Death.  It's not exactly a Sophie's Choice here.

Is getting a job really so distasteful that she's rather marry someone who disgusts her, move to the US when she (apparently) doesn't speak a word of English and be the caregiver to two old men who are probably bigger slobs than Mike?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 2/1/2022 at 5:55 PM, BitterApple said:

t. 

Yes, I have said this and cannot shake it from my thoughts. In true reality, Papa X would be celebrating that someone is offering to take care of his problematic daughter and her sweet offspring. He would be offering to pack them up and ship them out. I couldn't stop laughing when Papa X was saying he wasn't sure of Mike's intentions or what he thought of Mike. Also, did anyone else get a kick out of Papa X wearing the same shirt to meet Mike at the cafe and then to go to the fancy shmancy dinner? ( no judgement here, I get that he doesn't have a wardrobe to pull from but that's exactly my point about the poverty...they live well- they have nice shelter and they have clothing and enough to eat but they are not living like they would be HERE).

• Love 1
On 1/28/2022 at 11:09 PM, Frozendiva said:

I keep a couple of bags in my car for assorted trash, including used tissues. Most public places like grocery stores have a garbage can. I also have a kitchen garbage can, an upstairs bathroom garbage can. Maybe if I am sick the trash may stay for a day or so, but that's it.

I use empty tissue boxes - very compact and neat

On 2/3/2022 at 12:21 PM, winsomeone said:

Gino seems terrified of Jasmine's temper..I wonder if she ever gets physical? Why would he marry a woman he fears? Plus she would spend every last dollar he has within a year. Why would he send naked pictures of Jasmine to his ex? Mike is just plain nasty. A role model for two young boys...I don't think so.

What Gino did is criminal behavior in the US. He deserves to be prosecuted. Having said that, Jasmine has treated Gino miserably. She’s been abusive treating him like a child,a servant and someone cognitive inferior to her. Jasmine certainly is full of herself and is acting as someone who has always suffered with low self esteem but recently changed her looks (weight loss, cosmetic surgery,new clothes,hair extensions,cosmetics,etc) and feels empowered by the changes. The insults she’s thrown at Gino when angry certainly gives an insight into how she truly thinks of him. I found it interesting that she criticized the sugar babies when in fact she was taking money to finance her personal care.   

• Love 5