Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 1/24/2022

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Jan. 24 –  Nicole Byer (“Wipeout”)

Tuesday, Jan. 25 – Lisa Ling guest co-hosts; Rachel Lindsay (author, “Miss Me with That”)

Wednesday, Jan. 26 – Lisa Ling guest co-hosts; Amber Ruffin (“The Amber Ruffin Show”)

Thursday, Jan. 27 – Lisa Ling guest co-hosts; “The View” honors International Holocaust Remembrance Day with Dov Forman and Lily Ebert (authors, “Lily’s Promise”)

Friday, Jan. 28 –  Lisa Ling guest co-hosts; Carl Bernstein (author, “Chasing History”)

• Love 4

Lisa co-hosting 4 days and Ana here so much not to mention Joy missing randomly just kind of makes me think there is a big shake up on the horizon for the second half of the season. Idk just me? Sara has long been the most reliably present host. she was even in studio for a lot of covid while everyone was at home.

I know she's not super reliable but Debbie M did make that comment about potentially replacing Sara or something. She is friends with Joy. Plus that comment Wendy Williams made about Sara

Edited by Buckeye71034
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 1/21/2022 at 10:38 PM, Bronzedog said:

I think Lisa might see that as going backwards.

Not necessarily. She has two kids in school.  She might want a more regular schedule.

Lisa is a known entity. They know what they are getting.  I can see the show not wanting to hire someone that is going to become a huge pain in the ass like the last person to sit in that seat. 

• Love 8

Good God. “Live in the attic like Anne Frank”???  Are you frickin serious???  What the hell, dude?

I kind of agree with Sara about being prudent but not being terrified anymore. People I know who are vaxxed and boosted and catching omicron just kind of shrug it off as a bad cold. I know some vaxxed people still have serious symptoms but they are the exception. My SIL tested + and never had any symptoms. I will still wear a mask and I avoid going anywhere unless I have to, but things are so much better than the past 2 years. Plus omicron is starting to wane. Hopefully the next variant will be relatively mild too.

Babies 6 mo to 5 should be getting the vax soon according to the FDA.

The Tucker C M&M stuff sounds like something from SNL. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Good God. “Live in the attic like Anne Frank”???  Are you frickin serious???  What the hell, dude?

I kind of agree with Sara about being prudent but not being terrified anymore. People I know who are vaxxed and boosted and catching omicron just kind of shrug it off as a bad cold. I know some vaxxed people still have serious symptoms but they are the exception. My SIL tested + and never had any symptoms. I will still wear a mask and I avoid going anywhere unless I have to, but things are so much better than the past 2 years. Plus omicron is starting to wane. Hopefully the next variant will be relatively mild too.

Babies 6 mo to 5 should be getting the vax soon according to the FDA.

The Tucker C M&M stuff sounds like something from SNL. 

Can we just keep the panel, exactly like it is today?  Pleeeaaasssee!!

• Love 8

I agree with Joy and Sara; giving someone the silent treatment for an extended period of time is passive aggressive and hostile.  Even if it’s your SO or another adult.  Not at all surprised Sunny and Whoopi think it’s okay, but I’m disappointed that Ana agrees with them. 

• Love 8
32 minutes ago, jalady said:

I agree with Joy and Sara; giving someone the silent treatment for an extended period of time is passive aggressive and hostile.  Even if it’s your SO or another adult.  Not at all surprised Sunny and Whoopi think it’s okay, but I’m disappointed that Ana agrees with them. 

In my opinion it’s childish to pout for an extended time. Manny probably loves the quiet!

• LOL 10
  • Love 4

The M&M "controversy": 

• Why did M&M make the candies have human characteristics in the first place? I've always found that kind of creepy. Commercials where M&Ms get eaten seem weird
  • Why were any of the "human-like" M&Ms designated as male or female, and why did the female ones have any kind of shoe-related "sexiness"? Again - kind of creepy
  • Why is M&M bothering to change the (already creepy) characteristics of the candy characters to be less sexy. Huh? This seems like a made-up problem and shouldn't involve any more discussion than any other corporate images do.
  • Tucker Carlson commenting on this seemed like a clunky attempt at humor and not worth even a shallow discussion.
1 hour ago, jalady said:

I agree that "silent treatment" is punitive. I think it is different than saying something like, "I need to walk away right now; we can talk about this later", which is not a prolonged refusal to interact with someone.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Loved Whoopi ripping Bill Mahr a new one. Like she said, NOBODY wants to live like this, but we don’t want people to die either! Why is that so hard to understand? What an ass.

Why why did she have to relate it to sexual gratification, though. That was weird.  Especially, when she could have more easily just said "We're not getting any gratification from it."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I noticed Sunny contradicted herself today when she said that she doesn't like people comparing anything to the holocaust or to slavery. However, just a couple of months ago she was okay with Colin Kaepernick comparing the NFL draft to slavery, calling it a "reasonable comparison." 😒

3 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

I don't know what's more ridiculous.  Tucker Carlson talking about the m&ms or The View talking about Tucker Carlson talking about the m&ms.

I was thinking the same thing. And then they followed it by talking about Tiktok's West Elm Caleb. 🙄 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Triviatrish2 said:

Can we just keep the panel, exactly like it is today?  Pleeeaaasssee!!

I don't really think they "need" anyone else either. Not sure I believe Lisa would ever consider coming back, but her with this panel would sort of be similar to the way the show was the last time she was on (pre-Hasselbeck View). That would be a dream come true, no doubt.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, KittyQ said:

Tucker Carlson commenting on this seemed like a clunky attempt at humor and not worth even a shallow discussion.

I disagree. I think it deserved commenting on for exactly the reason Sunny said, that these figures want to turn everything (even M&M's) into a "culture war" issue.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I disagree. I think it deserved commenting on for exactly the reason Sunny said, that these figures want to turn everything (even M&M's) into a "culture war" issue.

I think Ana said that, but I agree with you. I also saw both sides of the silent treatment issue. As long as you make clear WHY you're being silent, I have no problem with it.

6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I loved Whoopi today.

After watching that clip of RFK, Junior, all I could think was that RFK must be rolling in his grave.

Exactly what I said to the TV while I listened to him. Wonder why he became such a huge anti vaxxer?  Seems odd.  He also,goes around the country to testify before state legislators when they’re considering tightening the childhood vaccination exemptions for kids.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rainyhawk said:

Exactly what I said to the TV while I listened to him. Wonder why he became such a huge anti vaxxer?  Seems odd.  He also,goes around the country to testify before state legislators when they’re considering tightening the childhood vaccination exemptions for kids.  

He was also very vocal about his support that his father’s assassin be released from prison, so, he’s a bit of a loose cannon.  And, in layman’s terms he’s kinda nuts.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Rainyhawk said:

Wonder why he became such a huge anti vaxxer?  

He bought into that nonsense about vaccines causing autism.  Just like Jenny McCarthy.  I was surprised when Joy brought her name up.  (Perhaps Jr has an autistic child?  I don't know.)

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
41 minutes ago, Haleth said:

He bought into that nonsense about vaccines causing autism.  Just like Jenny McCarthy.  I was surprised when Joy brought her name up.  (Perhaps Jr has an autistic child?  I don't know.)

I don't think he does. Here's an article on the rest of the Kennedys as well as pro-vaccine policies of Presidents since Kennedy. His family blamed Jr. strongly when he campaigned against the measles vaccine. https://time.com/5585702/robert-kennedy-vaccines/

• Useful 3
13 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think it deserved commenting on for exactly the reason Sunny said, that these figures want to turn everything (even M&M's) into a "culture war" issue.

My problem with the M & M thing is the company said they are putting the female M & M in a lower heel/sneaker because they think that is more representative of their consumer.   Does candy have demographics?  Do people who wear high heels not eat M & M's?  Maybe I took it personally because I do in fact wear high heels and have been known to eat M & M's.  But I do agree Tucker Carlson will use anything to continue his fantasy of it's a war on conservatism.  

14 hours ago, Blissfool said:

And then they followed it by talking about Tiktok's West Elm Caleb

As soon as I hear the words Tik Tok I instantly zone out.  Could.not.care.less.

17 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yes, he is. Like Ana said--each family has a STOOPID. And this guy is the Kennedys'.

True but he isn't just stupid. He is dangerous.  If he wasn't a Kennedy nobody would pay him any attention. But his name gives him some credibility with people who are already poised to believe what some people call disinformation but I call lies.  From what I have read his wife Cheryl Hines doesn't share his anti vax beliefs.  

17 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Loved Whoopi ripping Bill Mahr a new one. Like she said, NOBODY wants to live like this, but we don’t want people to die either! Why is that so hard to understand? What an ass.

Bill Maher is always going to be Bill Maher.  His beliefs are always going to be about being able to do whatever he wants to do.  Everyone else be damned.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ifionlyknew said:

True but he isn't just stupid. He is dangerous.  

Yep, just like everyone at Fox "News" and other people on public platforms I'd name but for board rules. No wonder we are where we are. 😧😰😥😢😭😡😡😡😡😡

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This show blows.  Whoopi, shut up and get this mess under control.

Whoopi is spending way too much time telling everyone they’re wrong. Even telling Sunny she’s not a (self described) prude.  She’s extra contrarian today. Shut up, Whoopi. 

36 minutes ago, seasons said:

Sara’s hair is a joke today, right??

It looks terrible.

What a dumb show today. There was nothing worth listening to. Sorry, Lisa. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Agree with previous commenters-this is a shit show. Why won't they let Lisa talk? I agree with Lisa. I don't want this kind of shit. Sure, it is funny to hear Biden call him a dumb son of a bitch and I get tired of Democrats being the ones who are always expected to remain civil and turn the other cheek--But I don't want another fucking asshole denigrating the press every day. Biden needs to do better..this only adds to the chatter of him being a doddering old fool. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Rightside said:

Between Sara's hair and Sunny's makeup, I really wonder if they have professional hair and makeup people!

I heard they were using Homer Simpson's makeup gun during the pandemic. That way they can apply makeup from 6 feet away.

image.png.fef8aee39c7d9ce411eb4ad537436ea7.png

• LOL 7
42 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Agree with previous commenters-this is a shit show. Why won't they let Lisa talk? I agree with Lisa. I don't want this kind of shit. Sure, it is funny to hear Biden call him a dumb son of a bitch and I get tired of Democrats being the ones who are always expected to remain civil and turn the other cheek--But I don't want another fucking asshole denigrating the press every day. Biden needs to do better..this only adds to the chatter of him being a doddering old fool. 

they did let her talk and she said the same thing over and over

yeah, a bad move for any president to make that kind of comment, but at least he realized it and called the doofus to apologize, as Joy said

• Love 8