Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Amen. I can't believe she relinquished her American citizenship for this. 

We’ll take her back, she can come back to the US and have pizza and watch Friends reruns AND NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING TO HER.

• Love 13

When Karen is on, she is just charming.  She really pays attention to all of her elements.  That was also a lovely jump sequence just now and her spiral is reminiscent of Sasha Cohen or Michelle Kwan.  

It's also just nice to see her enjoying herself.  

• Love 12
Just now, Lady Whistleup said:

Re: Zhu I always wonder what kind of person takes pride in tearing apart teen girls on social media. Like ... it's such an ugly action and it's so universal.

I was kind of annoyed with Karen last night and then I thought "What the fuck do I know? Have I ever been in that position? She skates better than me with a broken leg. Keep your opinions to yourself."

AND NOW I'M SO PROUD OF HER!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations, Karen, you helped win the silver!!!!!!

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

We’ll take her back, she can come back to the US and have pizza and watch Friends reruns AND NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING TO HER.

I hope she can get it back.  I'm actually worried for her.  

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Minneapple said:

And we will let her play with our dogs and cats and give her supportive hugs anytime she wants!

• Love 8

That poor, poor Chinese skater. My heart just broke for her. I hope she realizes at some point how amazing it is she even made it to the Olympics, that is an accomplishment in itself.

Yay, Karen, finally.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The Russians must be in shock. Losing both segments to different American Teams. 

They're probably thinking that if they can skate cleanly they'll be ahead, and they might be right--but I'm not sure what the likelihood is of that with Nikita's back and having just skated two full programs within a week when they start the individual event.

Politically though, this was huge for the US teams in terms of momentum.

37 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It was nice to see Team USA so thrilled in the box. 

That might be my favorite moment of the team event so far. They absolutely lost it with glee.  That might be the most visible joy I've ever seen from Madison H. 

What a clutch performance. The US dance teams really came to this team event to work. 

I'm so happy for Karen. She needed that. Madi and Evan really took the pressure off of her, and it showed. 

• Love 11

Too bad about the double Lutz, she probably won't beat Karen because of that, but that was easily her best free skate to date! 

And she's left room to have that perfect skate in the women's event later.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Beats Kamila's get up.

It seems that most Russian skaters have a very unique sense of style.  It's just one atrocious, aggressively ugly outfit after another.  It's been going on so long, it's practically a tradition by now.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

It seems that most Russian skaters have a very unique sense of style.  It's just one atrociously, aggressively ugly outfit after another.  It's been going on so long, it's practically a tradition by now.

Sasha Trusova's Cruella costume is the worst.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, KittenPokerCheater said:

If the Canadian beat Karen, what does that do for the USA Team's placement?

All she had to do was beat Zhu.  Chock/Bates winning the dance gave them a much needed buffer.

• Love 3