Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I should've just looked up the photo on Reddit. My bad lol. 

I still stand by my case that 2nd group leader will all be 3rd year vets this year. But who knows, anything can happen.

It’s possible for sure 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, ClassicPegg said:

Has anyone heard when the Calendar Shoot and Banquet will be?

Banquet is next month and I asked dcc Jessica last week when she did a a and a and as of last week no plans yet have been made for calendar shoot 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
On 3/9/2023 at 8:34 AM, Stee said:

I’m all for bypassing seniority and picking KD and Kelee as Second Group leaders. They are the future leaders and triangle of this team!

You know you're stuck in the older seasons when you see KD and automatically think "Kathryn Dunn" 😂

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 13

Anybody in the area willing to go to this "prep class" by Kellie?

Director's Chair with Kelli Finglass

03/17/2023 - 03/17/2023   F, 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

DCC Studio at The Star, Frisco, TX

Grades 11th to 18+

2023 DCC SPRING PREP CLASS

Join Kelli Finglass, Director of the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, for an evening of DCC Audition Prep. Kelli will discuss 2023 audition details, DCC history, Training Camp, Game Day, Appearances, Show Group and much more!

$36.00

https://campscui.active.com/orgs/DallasCowboysCheerleaders?&e4q=f6f20d4f-d3c0-46e6-a855-d1fb8fe8cc2f&e4p=b529f069-9c94-4424-893c-f6930299a9f7&e4ts=1678993946&e4c=active&e4e=snlvcmpscui00001load&e4rt=Safetynet&e4h=7ba7262fbfae0d8abce06d37667899ff#/selectSessions/3253846

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Was watching some show group auditions & wondered who knows what Kalyssa is up to? Still perhaps in adult photography?

She has an IG but that says new and no posts yet. She must have closed the other or wiped it clean of pictures.

This girl was on the AA Ice Angels for 1 season (2018-19) and seems to be doing the same thing as Kalyssa. 

https://www.instagram.com/audreyywatkins/

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Like 2
On 2/17/2023 at 9:25 AM, mizzhyer said:

My Wish List: (if Kelcey should return) 

First Group Leaders

1: Kelcey

2. Chandi

3. Claire

4. McKenzie

2nd Group Leaders (no specific order)

Dani

Darian

Marissa

Elli

**If Kelcey retires, add Dani to the first leaders list and add Jessica to second leaders.

Love this set of predictions! Obviously, Marissa now is out because of her injury, so I'd love to see Jessica, Megan, Jada, or Kellee in that 2GL position. Since her rookie season, Jessica has been my underdog pick to become a surprise vet star. I see she got a Barbie last year, and she was a leader on her UT team, I believe, plus was trained to kick as an Emerald Belle. She also seems like an excellent team mate and great ambassador. 

I am such a big fan of Megan's and I really want to see her in a leadership position and make it to the triangle. And I think she has a shot. Judy was such a big fan of hers through her rookie training camp, even as other judges sometimes overlooked her. Also, although I missed the Halloween halftime performances posted here, I saw a clip on Megan's Insta, and I don't know if she had a prominent position in the formation for that halftime, but the comments from Shelly Mecaslin (sp?), Jenn A., KaShara, and others were all about how she absolutely killed it and made them so proud. I wish I had the link to share, but it was next level praise that makes me think she has risen to a favored status among powers and influences that be in DCC Land. I'm here for it! There are some very strong vets who are senior to her, so I hope she stays long enough to step into leadership and other spotlight roles.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

Was watching some show group auditions & wondered who knows what Kalyssa is up to? Still perhaps in adult photography?

1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

She has an IG but that says new and no posts yet. She must have closed the other or wiped it clean of pictures.

Someone on on Reddit posted this just recently:
https://kalyssa.co/

Same old stuff.

• Like 1

I'm not entirely convinced that website is done by Kalyssa - the photography is good, but it doesn't read like a media package would for photo shoots, social media tie-ins, etc.  Some random creeper could have tossed that site together in ten minutes with a google image search and Wordpress.  

That said, if she is the driver of that site, she's doing it wrong.  The text needs to be corrected and edited at the minimum.  Nothing wrong with going the glamour/nude photo shoot route, and heaven knows plenty of women are making a ton of money on social media, but this isn't what I typically see when reviewing media/affiliate opportunities.

• Like 5
41 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I'm not entirely convinced that website is done by Kalyssa - the photography is good, but it doesn't read like a media package would for photo shoots, social media tie-ins, etc.  Some random creeper could have tossed that site together in ten minutes with a google image search and Wordpress.  

That said, if she is the driver of that site, she's doing it wrong.  The text needs to be corrected and edited at the minimum.  Nothing wrong with going the glamour/nude photo shoot route, and heaven knows plenty of women are making a ton of money on social media, but this isn't what I typically see when reviewing media/affiliate opportunities.

I know! It reads like a crazed fan wrote it. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Do we know if they are going to do a Calendar shoot this year?  I would imagine it's around this time of the year that they prep for it March/April.  I always loved watching the behind the scenes on instagram.

14 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Do we know if they are going to do a Calendar shoot this year?  I would imagine it's around this time of the year that they prep for it March/April.  I always loved watching the behind the scenes on instagram.

Per @Holly85 on Reddit, no plans yet for a calendar shoot. 

Another disappointment! I am hopeful they will still plan one but we know not to get our hopes up at all since MTT was cancelled.

• Useful 1

I see so many issues with it you can probably take your pick. Proper compensation for the team members' time on the trip, poor sales (I can't imagine calendar sales are good anymore, but I also feel like men really don't buy them), the NFL might have literally said no more, etc.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
On 3/26/2023 at 1:05 PM, StellaCL said:

Per @Holly85 on Reddit, no plans yet for a calendar shoot. 

Another disappointment! I am hopeful they will still plan one but we know not to get our hopes up at all since MTT was cancelled.

maybe they will still do it as that was a couple of weeks ago when I asked abt the trip 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Predictions for the season (assuming Kelcey is retiring)

Group 1: Chandi / Elli / Tori

Group 2: McKenzie / KD / Darian

Group 3: Claire / Armani / Jessica

Group 4: Dani / VK / Jada

Triangle 1:

Claire

McKenzie        Armani

Chandi               Dani                  KD

Triangle 2:

Dani

Chandi            KD

McKenzie         Claire          Armani

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Version with Kelcey returning:

Group 1: Kelcey / Dani / Jada

Group 2: Chandi / Elli / Tori

Group 3: McKenzie / KD / Darian

Group 4: Claire / Armani / VK

Triangle 1:

Kelcey

McKenzie         Chandi

KD                  Claire              Dani

Elli            Armani               Tori              Darian

Triangle 2:

Claire

Kelcey            Dani

McKenzie         Armani         Chandi

KD                    Elli                 Tori              Darian

After That:

Kelee          VK            Jada          Jessica          Ashlinn

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Anyone mentioned how some of the girls have a blue tick on their instagram? Vk is one. Marissa is another. I don’t follow either but vk popped up on the “random” search when I was scrolling through the random search same as Marissa. Not sure about the other girls

18 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Anyone mentioned how some of the girls have a blue tick on their instagram? Vk is one. Marissa is another. I don’t follow either but vk popped up on the “random” search when I was scrolling through the random search same as Marissa. Not sure about the other girls

It means they are Instagram verified 

On 3/18/2023 at 11:30 AM, M1977G said:

Love this set of predictions! Obviously, Marissa now is out because of her injury, so I'd love to see Jessica, Megan, Jada, or Kellee in that 2GL position. Since her rookie season, Jessica has been my underdog pick to become a surprise vet star. I see she got a Barbie last year, and she was a leader on her UT team, I believe, plus was trained to kick as an Emerald Belle. She also seems like an excellent team mate and great ambassador. 

I am such a big fan of Megan's and I really want to see her in a leadership position and make it to the triangle. And I think she has a shot. Judy was such a big fan of hers through her rookie training camp, even as other judges sometimes overlooked her. Also, although I missed the Halloween halftime performances posted here, I saw a clip on Megan's Insta, and I don't know if she had a prominent position in the formation for that halftime, but the comments from Shelly Mecaslin (sp?), Jenn A., KaShara, and others were all about how she absolutely killed it and made them so proud. I wish I had the link to share, but it was next level praise that makes me think she has risen to a favored status among powers and influences that be in DCC Land. I'm here for it! There are some very strong vets who are senior to her, so I hope she stays long enough to step into leadership and other spotlight roles.

I love Megan, too!! She has really shined this past season😀

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I really hope that DCC has good social media posting throughout auditions and that our social media sleuths share it all here! Some years the coverage is better than others, of course, but especially without the show, I WANT TO SEE MORE OF AUDITIONS. (That was in all caps in case any DCC Powers That Be are perusing here and wondering what some poster who really misses the show thinks.)

• Like 7
  • Love 2

I still can't believe they didn't show us the audition videos from the past 2 years, when they did it for the first virtual audition (bubble year). 

I remember watching Claire's dance video and learning that she was a super star!!

I really liked how they showed that video because I know that Claire wasn't overhyped on MTT but she has been a favorite with her talent.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I hope you all like this. This is very interesting.

https://pol.is/9mx2hch8xd

For example 

1. "Stop doing the jump split plzzzz. It’s dated. Come up with something else."

2. "I'm low-key content with the show not being renewed. I loved the drama, but it's such a toxic environment that basically pits women against women, by women."

People who agree with 1 also agree on 2, and if they disagree with 1 they disagree with 2 as well.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
57 minutes ago, Kamal said:

For example 

2. "I'm low-key content with the show not being renewed. I loved the drama, but it's such a toxic environment that basically pits women against women, by women."

People who agree with 1 also agree on 2, and if they disagree with 1 they disagree with 2 as well.

Very interesting indeed.  
I am pro kick line and jump splits.  The Thunderstruck performance is one of the most impressionable influences on my becoming a DCC cheerleader fan.
I don’t view competition as pitting women against each other.  I have seen several instances of extra coaching with Melissa, health/workout/diet advice, Vets helping during their personal time and more. Of course, there were several instances things were said or done that could’ve been handled better or the leaders/judges should have shown more constraint in criticism. Nothing in a competitive spot is perfect. The candidates are there to prove something to themselves.  It is very difficult to be a DCC cheerleader and the candidates know that trying out.  It is that competitive nature that brings them to Dallas to tryouts.  That same competitive nature that brings most back to continue to achieve their goal. Therefore, if you are showing up to compete, it is you pitting yourself against the other candidates hoping to be talented enough for the judges to choose you.
So, yes I am one that disagrees with both opinions. 

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Very interesting indeed.  
I am pro kick line and jump splits.  The Thunderstruck performance is one of the most impressionable influences on my becoming a DCC cheerleader fan.
I don’t view competition as pitting women against each other.  I have seen several instances of extra coaching with Melissa, health/workout/diet advice, Vets helping during their personal time and more. Of course, there were several instances things were said or done that could’ve been handled better or the leaders/judges should have shown more constraint in criticism. Nothing in a competitive spot is perfect. The candidates are there to prove something to themselves.  It is very difficult to be a DCC cheerleader and the candidates know that trying out.  It is that competitive nature that brings them to Dallas to tryouts.  That same competitive nature that brings most back to continue to achieve their goal. Therefore, if you are showing up to compete, it is you pitting yourself against the other candidates hoping to be talented enough for the judges to choose you.
So, yes I am one that disagrees with both opinions. 

You should be able to add some opinions as well!!

I liked what Brittney Schram said about competition. I'm probably mangling her words, but the gist of it was something like you don't think of yourself as competing with others but that you're trying to be a good enough dancer for the team, and if you're not, you won't make it no matter what the other candidates are doing.

• Like 15
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Kamal said:

For example 

This was fun and interesting. I took the test and I am on the outskirts of Group B, which makes sense cause I aligned with the majority in the five statements that were provided for Group B. Also the fact the the jump split statement being so divided surprised me. 

Although I will say that some statements felt repetitive. Like having three statements about Kelcey, two of them being similar to one another (Kelcey is one of my favs and Kelcey being my favorite of all time) 

I wanna see what other statements the community come up with.

• Love 2
On 3/9/2023 at 12:13 PM, StellaCL said:

I was so bummed they didn't do this last year. Social media dept for DCC always seems to disappoint. 

I could do a better job at DCC socials with both hands tied behind my back & blindfolded. It’s such a shame. Kinda like the complete train wreck that douchebag Shannon was when he was doing the podcast. Oy vey. 

You know one thing lately I’m glad about, which reminds me of the glory days, is Michelle Keys being back in Dallas doing her power classes.  I eat up all her dance content.  I love seeing the former DCCs in there and I also really love watching Hunter Blackwell. I know she was somewhat ditzie in her panel interview, but she dances her ass off and I would still love to see her on the DCC.   

• Like 5
6 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This was fun and interesting. I took the test and I am on the outskirts of Group B, which makes sense cause I aligned with the majority in the five statements that were provided for Group B. Also the fact the the jump split statement being so divided surprised me. 

Although I will say that some statements felt repetitive. Like having three statements about Kelcey, two of them being similar to one another (Kelcey is one of my favs and Kelcey being my favorite of all time) 

I wanna see what other statements the community come up with.

It's interesting how people have similar opinions.

I will make sure as mod to remove the repetitive opinions. 

(and the groups change over time as people vote so group B may mean a different thing once more people vote.

• Like 3

Supposedly Madeline Salter will be back for her third year.  Just waiting on the "official" confirmation via social media announcement.

EDIT: Here's an image of the new chart.

image.png

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 4
  • Useful 4
50 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Supposedly Madeline Salter will be back for her third year.  Just waiting on the "official" confirmation via social media announcement.

EDIT: Here's an image of the new chart.

image.png

There is a posting form someone on there that asked her via Instagram message 

Here is the new chart, updated with Madeline S. and Kylie as returning. Credit to AYTOL_ on reddit.

So who is your wildcard retiree? I fully expect Ashlinn, Jensen, Amanda, Kally, and likely Darian and Kelee to re-audition. This leaves Armani, Jada, Rebecca, Kali, Kayla, and Zhenya. I could be way off-  there always seems to be a surprise, but the surprise this year was Marissa's injury.

returningvets.jpg

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
On 4/20/2023 at 5:33 PM, StellaCL said:

Here is the new chart, updated with Madeline S. and Kylie as returning. Credit to AYTOL_ on reddit.

So who is your wildcard retiree? I fully expect Ashlinn, Jensen, Amanda, Kally, and likely Darian and Kelee to re-audition. This leaves Armani, Jada, Rebecca, Kali, Kayla, and Zhenya. I could be way off-  there always seems to be a surprise, but the surprise this year was Marissa's injury.

returningvets.jpg

Mines easy, vk to be the wildcard retiree 😀😀

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Mines easy, vk to be the wildcard retiree 😀😀

Oh VK will be back, but she did shock us all in 2021 when she took a year off.

I  can't say any rookie would be a wild card - there has always been a one and done since the incarnation of the show.  All rookies returning and making it would be breaking the trend - so I guess that would be the surprise!

My wildcard vote is Armani, but I am still surprised by the Marissa injury.

• Like 2
On 4/22/2023 at 4:50 AM, DCC-UK said:

I think Zhenya could be the one-and-done rookie. She's over 30 I think so that could be a factor.

I went to her IG back when the rookie class was "unofficially" confirmed, I had this feeling that Zhenya was gonna be a one and done rookie. But now I really hope that's not the case cause she's one of my favorites from the 2022 Rookie Class. 

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 7