Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 12/11/2022 at 11:37 AM, Holly85 said:

They are having an alumni halftime which is basically the samething 

Wondering why they are doing this. As much as a fan this is fun to watch, I bet normal people who don't care about the cheerleaders aren't that thrilled to have a lot of "old" ex cheerleaders taking up time. They want to see the sexy young girls rather than the not so not people...

6 hours ago, Kamal said:

Wondering why they are doing this. As much as a fan this is fun to watch, I bet normal people who don't care about the cheerleaders aren't that thrilled to have a lot of "old" ex cheerleaders taking up time. They want to see the sexy young girls rather than the not so not people...

The current squad was out there the whole time dancing each section with the alums. And really nobody cares about halftime. I’ve been to plenty of NFL games and I don’t even remember there being any halftime shows, other than when I went to the NFC championship game in Seattle and Alice In Chains played. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
On 12/10/2022 at 6:37 PM, Holly85 said:

They are having an alumni halftime which is basically the samething 

So they did one at 50 years, then 60 years, then 61 years?
I hope they don't make us wait til 70 years. Maybe they could do one at 65?
I love seeing alumni, especially the MTT years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

So they did one at 50 years, then 60 years, then 61 years?
I hope they don't make us wait til 70 years. Maybe they could do one at 65?
I love seeing alumni, especially the MTT years. 

Yeah I love seeing the alumni as well 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Were they ever teammates?  Any footage of the legacies dancing?

All the 70s danced together then the 80s came out and so on the current girls danced in with each era 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
On 8/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I thought it was because it's her final year as a DCC and got emotional over her last locker room reveal. 

Idk if I ever spoke about my thoughts on the 5 year term limit, Long story short, I don't like it. If a girl wants to be a DCC forever, let her be a DCC forever. And yes that includes VK (although I will not be happy about it lol)

As long as they go through the audition process like the rest of the girls, then people should decide when they want to retire. 

And if that doesn't work, then they should do a 10 year term limit, instead of 5 (cause no DCC EVER has done 10 years, the longest has been 8) 

There's a 5 year limit now? When did this start and what is the reasoning? 

On 12/19/2022 at 12:59 AM, ClassicPegg said:

Not sure where this should go, but since there's no show anymore, I guess it doesn't really matter...  Found this on youtube:

I'm guessing this is anywhere form 1989-1991. That's when they changed from the go-go boots to a different style boot for 3 years before finally going to the cowboy boots.

• Love 1

Kelcey has been named to ProBowl. Was hoping it would be my girl, Jalyn, but Kelcey is adorable, obviously a great teammate, and the TPTB love her. With being partial point and PB at the 4 year mark, wonder if she’ll retire. 

I’m Team Claire for point next year.

• Like 6
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Kelcey has been named to ProBowl. Was hoping it would be my girl, Jalyn, but Kelcey is adorable, obviously a great teammate, and the TPTB love her. With being partial point and PB at the 4 year mark, wonder if she’ll retire. 

I’m shocked Kelcey got it over Caroline, Ashlee, and Jalyn since they’re 5th year members (not saying a 4th year can’t get it either - just that there are more senior members who are deserving).  I was hoping for Ashlee. I already figured they wouldn’t give it to Jalyn. But also surprised Caroline didn’t get it either. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I’m shocked Kelcey got it over Caroline, Ashlee, and Jalyn since they’re 5th year members (not saying a 4th year can’t get it either - just that there are more senior members who are deserving).  I was hoping for Ashlee. I already figured they wouldn’t give it to Jalyn. But also surprised Caroline didn’t get it either. 

Out of all the 4th year girls, Kelcey would have been my pick, but yeah...C, A, and J, got robbed lmao. 

This could also mean that Kelcey might retire this year. Either way congrats to Kelcey 😊😊😊

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
On 12/21/2022 at 10:58 AM, RileyJDR said:

Congratulations to Kelcey.  

If Kelcey stays on next year and they're doing joint-point, I can see Kelcey & Claire sharing it next year. Maybe Tori to finish off the triangle so they have that redhead/brunette/blonde bouquet. 

• Love 2
On 12/20/2022 at 9:50 PM, TUOwl84 said:

It's happened before. In season 5 (2010) 3rd year vet Brittany Evans got PBC over one 6 yr vet and two 5 yr vets.

• Useful 4
On 12/19/2022 at 12:59 AM, ClassicPegg said:

Not sure where this should go, but since there's no show anymore, I guess it doesn't really matter...  Found this on youtube:

Thanks for posting this! 💙

There’s so much I want to say about it 😆
Kelli looks poised as ever💎 (but I’m just not even gonna bring up her bragging about the $ per game thing🙄).  But LOOOOORDIE, the dancing was sooooo primitive then!  The lame strutting around and such.  I’m reminded of TK’s comment: “The dances these days, they’re just so advanced.”  Yup, thank goodness.
Speaking of “primitive”… that Walk the Dinosaur routine was horrific. It didn’t help that I always hated that dumb song back in the 80’s. But that looked like a bad aerobics class gone wrong.  That being said, I actually enjoyed the Smooth Criminal routine!  One thing is clear, @ShellyB was a slayer & the 🌟!  Her showmanship really shined.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 12/20/2022 at 10:15 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Out of all the 4th year girls, Kelcey would have been my pick, but yeah...C, A, and J, got robbed lmao. 

This could also mean that Kelcey might retire this year. Either way congrats to Kelcey 😊😊😊

Agreed. Since it’s peer voted I can see why she got it. She probably got many of the Rookie thru 3rd year votes.  

What I thought was stupid is Lexi’s sash delivery. I mean to walk in and swoop across with the sash like that towards the ones like Jaylen, Caroline & Ashlee was kinda disrespectful.  You could almost see each of their eyes lighting up for like a split second… then it’s like… siiiiiike!  

• Applause 7
On 12/20/2022 at 10:35 AM, MrsEVH said:

I'm guessing this is anywhere form 1989-1991. That's when they changed from the go-go boots to a different style boot for 3 years before finally going to the cowboy boots.

I love those big poms.  Wish they would bring them back.   And yeah, the choreography was pretty easy back then, less power required.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

I love those big poms.  Wish they would bring them back.   And yeah, the choreography was pretty easy back then, less power required.

Even if it was for 1 game only . A few other NFL squads will wear retro uniforms once in awhile. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I must be the only one who watched the video and thought it must have been a match between Jalyn and Kelcey. All the other girls seemed like they knew it wouldn't be them. (Which is an opinion which I find is very different from others)

Edited by Kamal
  • Like 2
10 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I must be the only one who watched the video and thought it must have been a match between Jalyn and Kelcey. All the other girls seemed like they knew it wouldn't be them. (Which is an opinion which I find is very different from others)

Because it makes cense for some girls to run for candidate while some others don't because they are busy.

1 hour ago, Kamal said:

What video?

Marissa G is engaged. There’s a story on Tyra’s instagram. Congrats to Marissa! 

18 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

Jalyn posted about “our” last regular season game in pic with Kat. Could mean last for the two of them together given Jalyn retirement but I think it’s likely that Kat is retiring as well. 

I’m pretty sure I saw a story or post that said she is. It was a while ago though. I don’t recall if she or someone else posted about it. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
8 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

It must be a new thing for the previous year's PBC to "crown" the new one. I thought Kelli usually just announced the name in the past.

Yea like on the jumbo tron ! 

Are these costumes new? Kinda retro or flight suit-esque?  Cold weather?

F2DFCB93-5671-4412-9B65-2D6C3B286C8A.png

• Like 2

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but since the conversation was recently about Kelcey being the Pro Bowl rep... today the Tennessee Titans Cheerleaders announced they'll be sending the first ever male rep to Pro Bowl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmkH1s9u5FD/

Cool to see a little bit of history being made here. Donivous seems like he has such a fun personality, not to mention being a great dancer

5 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Yea like on the jumbo tron ! 

Are these costumes new? Kinda retro or flight suit-esque?  Cold weather?

I was wondering the same thing when I saw these earlier!

F2DFCB93-5671-4412-9B65-2D6C3B286C8A.png

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 7
8 hours ago, ...And5678 said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but since the conversation was recently about Kelcey being the Pro Bowl rep... today the Tennessee Titans Cheerleaders announced they'll be sending the first ever male rep to Pro Bowl:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmkH1s9u5FD/

Cool to see a little bit of history being made here. Donivous seems like he has such a fun personality, not to mention being a great dancer

He totally deserves it and I hope that the saints krewe chooses Dylan as their pbc he is amazing 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

VK got the Abby bear this week!  How is that selected?  Is this the very first time she has gotten it?  Cute photo of her with it on IG too.  And not even wearing pink lipstick!

Kat had it and gave it to Victoria for her going above and beyond 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get this weird feeling that only 5 girl will retire this year? 

Also Tyra NOOOOOOO. She's one of my Year 2 faves 😫😫😫😭😭😭😭😭

I feel like Atleast 2-3 more will retire that haven’t made a choice yet 

• Like 6