Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Agree with both comments, but sadly in this day and age this is what makes a good DCC apparently. It doesn't matter if you have "talent" or conduct yourself well. You just need a cute "personality," a social media following and fans on Reddit to marvel at how "pretty" or "underrated" you are and you're all set. 

I am curious... who out there is making the team because of a reddit following or SM account? 

• Love 5
On 9/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, LunaValerion said:

Agree with both comments, but sadly in this day and age this is what makes a good DCC apparently. It doesn't matter if you have "talent" or conduct yourself well. You just need a cute "personality," a social media following and fans on Reddit to marvel at how "pretty" or "underrated" you are and you're all set. 

Ironically, the DCC are the most talented they've ever been, despite social media presence.  Even the "average" dancers are great dancers.  If they don't bring the show back, it will be interesting to see if they continue to draw the same level of talent that they currently have.

Also, in my opinion, this might be the prettiest DCC squad ever.  Most talent.    Best looks.  How did they pull that off?

• Like 1
  • Love 7

The Patriots are debuting new cheer outfits I can’t believe it’s not been commented on here yet bc they now have the same white diaper shorts with six red stars (for their superbowl wins) white boots and a jacket. Given how much everyone seems to dislike Alexandria (Pats cheerleader who made DCC & left) and her role with the Pats organization, I’m surprised it’s not being commented on. Maybe it is in one of the other threads. As a Bostonian I don’t like the new outfit and immediately thought oh it looks like I’ve seen this before… and I adore Alexandria I’m sad that it’s so similar!

Edited by TB12
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, TB12 said:

The Patriots are debuting new cheer outfits I can’t believe it’s not been commented on here yet bc they now have the same white diaper shorts with six red stars (for their superbowl wins) white boots and a jacket. Given how much everyone seems to dislike Alexandria (Pats cheerleader who made DCC & left) and her role with the Pats organization, I’m surprised it’s not being commented on. Maybe it is in one of the other threads. As a Bostonian I don’t like the new outfit and immediately thought oh it looks like I’ve seen this before… and I adore Alexandria I’m sad that it’s so similar!

patriotscheerleaders_1663941482_1.jpg

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, TB12 said:

It was on the former thread 

• Love 1
On 9/23/2022 at 4:59 PM, go4luca said:

patriotscheerleaders_1663941482_1.jpg

I would have added some sort of button embellishment on the side of the shorts to better mimic the Continental Army uniform 😊 I actually like this and think it’s cute. The shorts remind me of the old front dips but I don’t hate them.

• Love 7
On 9/23/2022 at 3:58 AM, Weeklydcc said:

the DCC are the most talented they've ever been

Yes, exactly! Which makes the social media-type things so much more frustrating to me. But then again, I think it might just be I'm getting older. I'm sure to younger viewers the social media prescience is definitely more of an asset. Either way, with no more show I do have to admit SM is the closest thing we'll get to "knowing" this rookie class. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LunaValerion said:

I think it might just be I'm getting older. I'm sure to younger viewers the social media prescience is definitely more of an asset. Either way, with no more show I do have to admit SM is the closest thing we'll get to "knowing" this rookie class. 

I don't understand what people are complaining about to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

Love everything about this pic! So put together yet so youthful at the same time. And they're both beaming 💗

I can’t wait to see her beautiful wedding in the next few months 

• Love 3
8 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

And there's not squad photo either...

Star Trek Beyond GIF

Does anyone else find this extraordinary? This is a long standing tradition which goes back almost to the start of the squad as we know it today. Why would they suddenly drop this?

• Love 12
2 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Does anyone else find this extraordinary? This is a long standing tradition which goes back almost to the start of the squad as we know it today. Why would they suddenly drop this?

Especially when they weren't stopped by the pandemic and used photoshop.

And what was the meaning of the locker reveal video on Insta with Ashlee being so emotional? What did that mean?

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Wtf happened to DCC... No TV show, no squad photo, no show group... 

There could be chance they did the squad photo digitally and just haven’t gotten it back yet !! Also I like the idea that everyone gets a chance to do the appearances that show group normally does 

• Love 2
On 10/2/2022 at 1:25 PM, Stee said:

It’s nice to see a Game Day girl who isn’t a Group Leader!  Go Jada!!

can girls be Game Day Girl more than once? not in the same season, but if a girl gets it during her 2nd year, can she get it again during her 3rd?

1 hour ago, Erinbridget said:

can girls be Game Day Girl more than once? not in the same season, but if a girl gets it during her 2nd year, can she get it again during her 3rd?

Yes. I think Jalyn has been GameDay girl 4 times, one time each season since her 2nd year. 
Caroline three times since her rookie year.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yeah they've picked the same girl many times. Gina, Lexie, and Alexis seemed to get it a lot when they were on the team. Get some more variety! Lol 

The fact that this does not rotate (as in 1 to 36, repeat) means there must be other criteria at play. It is sponsored, so do the sponsors pick or is it earned like Abby Bear? Who chooses?

• Love 2

https://www.instagram.com/p/CjQnMJvthrH/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Looks like studio prep classes are coming back for the first time in forever! Wonder if this is a sign that they’re trying to return auditions to more of a normal format? I feel like they really like virtual for round 1 but maybe they’re considering switching round 2 back to in-person…

Just my speculation though. When do we start making a prospective list for next year? Lol

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

So it looks like the My Boots, My Cause are out.  Any thoughts?

Looks like they changed the name to My Cause, My Star.

I wonder how much of that is tied to losing MTT and copyright. They also posted stuff on social media this summer "who will get the 2022 buckles?" instead of "who will earn the boots?" right before they announced the team. Subtle changes, but noticable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5