Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCCFan2021 said:

Also, the different sizes of the cameos on the "Our Team" page is killing me! Ashlee's picture is absolutely TINY compared to Kelcey's next to her. Pretty sure I complained about this last year too. They need a better UI designer for their site. And while I'm ranting, half the pages on their website won't load if you use the back arrow to go to the page you were previously on and it bugs me so much.

I noticed that, then I realized they staggered them so each line is making a point, a mini triangle of 4 DCC. Like Kelcey is the point of her line, etc. You have to look at the site on a computer, not a phone or tablet to see the effect.

I think it would look much better if they were all just in proportion with each other.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I just noticed, on the website, Victoria's bio page doesn't have any photos of her. All of the vets have photos from their previous seasons, mostly on the field but some old cameos or swimsuit shots. Considering that she's technically a third-year veteran, I would expect her page to have pictures from a few years ago. Just something weird that I saw while going through the girls' pages.

Also, the different sizes of the cameos on the "Our Team" page is killing me! Ashlee's picture is absolutely TINY compared to Kelcey's next to her. Pretty sure I complained about this last year too. They need a better UI designer for their site. And while I'm ranting, half the pages on their website won't load if you use the back arrow to go to the page you were previously on and it bugs me so much.

It would take just one person to keep the website updated and dynamic.  Just one.  I don't get why an organization valued at $8 billion plus won't dedicate someone to the DCC website and social media.   Call them an information coordinator or whatever.   It's kind of important in this day and age.

Edited by Weeklydcc
  • Like 1
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I just noticed, on the website, Victoria's bio page doesn't have any photos of her. All of the vets have photos from their previous seasons, mostly on the field but some old cameos or swimsuit shots.

This just made me think...I don't recall Victoria having gone on a swimsuit trip. 

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

It would take just one person to keep the website updated and dynamic.  Just one.  I don't get why an organization valued at $8 billion plus won't dedicate someone to the DCC website and social media.   Call them an information coordinator or whatever.   It's kind of important in this day and age.

Coming from someone (me) who manages four of her own websites, it's very important! It's not like their website needs updating daily, just once a week to check everything is where it's meant to be and upload new content.

• Like 1
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Why do I get this weird feeling that we are not going to have a squad photo this year?

I hope they don't do individual pics like other teams do.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I noticed that, then I realized they staggered them so each line is making a point, a mini triangle of 4 DCC. Like Kelcey is the point of her line, etc. You have to look at the site on a computer, not a phone or tablet to see the effect.

I think it would look much better if they were all just in proportion with each other.

Looks like vet Marissa is the point (instead of Victoria) in her line.

• Love 2

Simply surprised at this guy. He follows a lot of cheerleaders. I think his favorite cheerleaders on current DCC are Lexie (just retired but close enough) and Tori who he follows from their Mavericks days and Jessica (I think she is his favorite with Lexie gone).

Picture of him with Lexie posted 2017

https://www.instagram.com/p/BU-vsm6gBF8/

Picture of him with Jessica from 2017 from her Texas Longhorn days at college.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BdO381Yg0hC/

(Why did I just internet stalked a man for 10 minutes strait?)

• Like 2
9 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Absolutely bonkers to me. Maybe because it’s incredibly critical to my work in e-commerce, but the amount of people browsing from their phone/tablet usually far exceeds a regular browser these days in a lot of situations. You’d think their website would be dynamic enough to accommodate both. I always look both ways before publishing, and try to also look from an iPhone and android to ensure the customer has a good experience. 

• Like 2
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Simply surprised at this guy. He follows a lot of cheerleaders. I think his favorite cheerleaders on current DCC are Lexie (just retired but close enough) and Tori who he follows from their Mavericks days and Jessica (I think she is his favorite with Lexie gone).

He doesn't seem as creepy as this guy

Jerry Low AKA JerBear (@jerry_jerbear_low81772) • Instagram photos and videos

• Love 1
10 hours ago, StellaCL said:

And the largest photo isn't always in triangle point position. Sometimes it's on the far right, sometimes the far left.  And in a couple of row, it looks like the outside two photos are equal size.  Unless I have wonky eyes.  :). 

The first time I saw the "Our team" photo, I didn't notice the bizarre sizing. Now I can't unsee it! 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I hope they don't do individual pics like other teams do.

I can't imagine that they won't do a squad photo. Kelli and Judy have always expressed how the gals will be immortalized in team history with that photo. I guess there really isn't a reason to rush it since it doesn't have to be part of the tv show anymore.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

Came here to say that! JerBear is soooooooo creepy it freaks me out...

• Love 7
16 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

I just noticed, on the website, Victoria's bio page doesn't have any photos of her. All of the vets have photos from their previous seasons, mostly on the field but some old cameos or swimsuit shots. Considering that she's technically a third-year veteran, I would expect her page to have pictures from a few years ago. Just something weird that I saw while going through the girls' pages.

Maybe VK doesn’t want photos from prior years on her page?  Have to say, she looks amazing now!   Her trainer reminds me of Jinelle, and makes me want to hire her too.  But I’m too intimidated and insecure, since I’m middle age and no where near in shape!

• Sad 1
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, PamPamPam said:

And the largest photo isn't always in triangle point position. Sometimes it's on the far right, sometimes the far left.  And in a couple of row, it looks like the outside two photos are equal size.  Unless I have wonky eyes.  :). 

The first time I saw the "Our team" photo, I didn't notice the bizarre sizing. Now I can't unsee it! 

There is one row near the bottom that doesn’t make sense, but otherwise a few rows have a point (Kelcey, Marissa, Dani) and a couple rows have a reverse triangle, where the end DCC are the closest in view, and the “point” is further back - inverse.

Edited by StellaCL

Some info: 

Apparently all this talk about Kat retiring might be a bit premature. Source says nothing is really set in stone and that a lot can happen in between now and the end of the season. Also is insisting that the 5-season mandate is factual and that Ashlee, Caroline and Jalyn will retire at the end of this current season. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, LunaValerion said:

🤯

I really do see point in her future. 

Would be nice, she certainly deserves it!

12 minutes ago, LunaValerion said:

Some info: 
 Also is insisting that the 5-season mandate is factual and that Ashlee, Caroline and Jalyn will retire at the end of this current season. 

Interested Thinking GIF by reactionseditor

• Love 4
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Ughh he’s the one who refers to everyone as a “beautiful earth angel” isn’t he? I’ve seen some of the girls repost his stuff, I wish that they wouldn’t 😬

• Love 4

First of all, I’ve been on the Jalyn train since her rookie season and I’m so glad she’s got GL and seems to be thriving. Go girl. 

RE point… hmm. I think Caroline is clean, polished, certainly beautiful (she has gorgeous eyes) but I just think I’d rather watch Kelcey. She just seems to have that pop. 

And Claire. Gosh. She’s a rock star. A Kelcey and Claire led group is insane. I think she reminds me a bit of S13 Hannah as another gorgeous red head. Definitely got the booty in those shorts. But she’s got the technique, the pop, the pizazz. Love her! 

• Like 1
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

First of all, I’ve been on the Jalyn train since her rookie season and I’m so glad she’s got GL and seems to be thriving. Go girl. 

RE point… hmm. I think Caroline is clean, polished, certainly beautiful (she has gorgeous eyes) but I just think I’d rather watch Kelcey. She just seems to have that pop. 

And Claire. Gosh. She’s a rock star. A Kelcey and Claire led group is insane. I think she reminds me a bit of S13 Hannah as another gorgeous red head. Definitely got the booty in those shorts. But she’s got the technique, the pop, the pizazz. Love her! 

I was at the game I only have one critique for kelcey group during sidelines backline needs to pay attention to kelcey 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, LunaValerion said:

Some info: 

Apparently all this talk about Kat retiring might be a bit premature. Source says nothing is really set in stone and that a lot can happen in between now and the end of the season. Also is insisting that the 5-season mandate is factual and that Ashlee, Caroline and Jalyn will retire at the end of this current season. 

Kat herself said on IG this was her last year. She’s changing her mind?

• Useful 2

I'm going to eat my "humble pie".... though I still wish Ashlee was point....Caroline and Kelcy looked AWESOME.  They both brought their own style and ROCKED it!

Yeah, I agree.....Marissa G is fierce....but are y'all looking at Kaydianna???  I think she's got a chance at point or at least in the diamond.  She is a sassy powerhouse.  I LOVE watching her dance. 

And Jada..... she is KILLING it!  Her kicks are INSANE!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Yea VK has never been on a swimsuit shoot. First year she was cut, second year was a rookie, third year sat out, 4 th year she is now a veteran & eligible to go if they do it one.

Prior year rookies are eligible to go, I think the issue then was no shoot due to the COVID lockdowns

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/28/2022 at 8:45 AM, Kamal said:

I swear this dude has swag and gear for every team out there. Posing like he’s a huge fan of each team to get close, or so it seems.  Ugh some of those pics where he’s snuggled up so tight with Madeline, yikes!  :(

• Love 1
On 8/28/2022 at 9:49 AM, MrsEVH said:

On 8/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, TB12 said:

Came here to say that! JerBear is soooooooo creepy it freaks me out...

I literally remember a few years back when he changed his username to include the “JerBear” part… like as if to portray he’s just a sweet teddy bear of a fan… and not a STAN.  I ain’t buying it.  The “beautiful angelic earth angel” stuff… gag. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If Jada were to come back as a 4th year vet next year she would be in the exact spot in the triangle as this year. Since she is the tallest she has to be on the 50 yard line but I can't see her being the one to complete the diamond so she has to be on 50 yard line of the 5th row. 

Well there is no rule that the tallest has to be in the middle but the triangle will look weird otherwise.

Edited by Kamal
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/24/2022 at 4:03 AM, LilyD said:

From this limited pool, I would probably have turned to Heather, Lexie and Gina. Amy and Maddie were great, just not for point position. They were too much of a blender and though pretty, they missed that little extra needed for that position in my opinion.

Would have loved seeing Heather as point, and so happy Gina finally got her moment, even if just for one year.  To me she is the epitome of what a point should be.  That's why it's so disappointing to see they picked Caroline for point.  So bland.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Kamal said:

If Jada were to come back as a 4th year vet next year she would be in the exact spot in the triangle as this year. Since she is the tallest she has to be on the 50 yard line but I can't see her being the one to complete the diamond so she has to be on 50 yard line of the 5th row. 

Well there is no rule that the tallest has to be in the middle but the triangle will look weird otherwise.

I suddenly had to think about class pictures in school. The tallest people are always placed at the back, the shorties like myself in the front (which I hated btw)

I agree with you that her length is probably going to hold her away from very prominent positions. Even in the kickline she stands out because she’s so tall, but that’s ok because she is a stunner and has amazing kicks. She’ll probably stay on the 50-yard line or alternatively on the corners of the triangle maybe? 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Kamal said:

I think you’re right. Height could also explain why in the groups she’s not in the triangle despite being a 3rd year. Tori (2nd year) completes it because she’s so much taller than Kelcey and Claire it would throw the look off

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Kamal said:

I hope she does come back for another season. Watching her dance so far this season she is a class act and absolutely killing it.

• Like 1
  • Love 10

I was watching Season 15 and noticed that Armani and Jada look very different. Armani's appearance has matured significantly. She had the power in Season 15, but not the sexiness she has now.

Jada looks more mature in season 15 than she does now, due largely to her long, beautiful hair.

• Love 2

Sorry, ignore that post please.

After seeing VK’s insta this morning, I think last year was a mental health break.  Speaking from experience, depression and anxiety can be completely debilitating.

I think between her own actions and the bullying she has received on social media, she had a moment and couldn’t deal.  

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes!  Some more than others but it’s how we learn and grow.   Hopefully she is healthy in mind body and spirit and can be an outstanding teammate this year.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Applause 1
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, aimeelou625 said:

After seeing VK’s insta this morning, I think last year was a mental health break.  Speaking from experience, depression and anxiety can be completely debilitating.

I think between her own actions and the bullying she has received on social media, she had a moment and couldn’t deal.  

Nobody is perfect and we all make mistakes!  Some more than others but it’s how we learn and grow.   Hopefully she is healthy in mind body and spirit and can be an outstanding teammate this year.

I fully agree with your post. Lots of things she did and said weren't the smartest and I can see how this caused a lot of backlash but we sometimes forget that we're talking about a young woman who is barely out of her teens. She wasn't mature at all, and probably continuously spoiled and praised, which is Tina's mistake not hers.

The very unfriendly editing from the show didn't do her any favours either. To me, it seemed that the producers did everything to emphasise her mistakes and stupidities. It all added to her reputation of a silly, blonde, entitled and unpleasant person. That's hard on everyone, let alone a 19-year-old.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

What did you see/read that led you to think this?  Is she off to a better year so far?

2 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

What did you see/read that led you to think this?  Is she off to a better year so far?

In her Insta, there was a story where she was talking about not being hard on yourself, you are good enough, etc.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, GonnahearmeRoar said:

Just want to give her a big hug. Happy to see her pushing forward and sharing her personal struggles. 

I never had a problem with Victoria, but now I'm really rooting for her.  She still looks unhealthy to me.  Just my opinion.  I hope all goes well in her journey.  Her positive attitude is the right step.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Weeklydcc said:

I never had a problem with Victoria, but now I'm really rooting for her.  She still looks unhealthy to me.  Just my opinion.  I hope all goes well in her journey.  Her positive attitude is the right step.

I don’t think she looks unhealthy.  I think we are seeing a girl who is now a woman who no longer has the “baby” fat she used to have.  And it has shocked us to see that big of a change.  Not that VK has ever been fat.  She has obviously made huge changes in her diet.  

Is she thin, yes, but not too thin.  Her ribs and waist are not shocking.  JMO

Her hair color looks different this year, more icey blonde.  I think if they warmed up the tone it would make a huge difference.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

Her hair color looks different this year, more icey blonde.  I think if they warmed up the tone it would make a huge difference.

Personally I think they should do this to at least half the blondes on the squad. Most of them seem to have the same shade of blonde, very little dimension in their hair, and I think some lowlights and a general toner would do wonders for them. Plus (and this is just my opinion) I really think the icy blonde look only works on girls who are paler. When someone is tanner then the iciness just turns too white for my liking.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
On 8/27/2022 at 1:24 PM, Kamal said:

Home state would be weird since a lot of girls would be from Texas.

Never mind. I counted and was surprised that only 10 girls were from Texas. Wow DCC really does get their girls from all over!!

You’d be quite surprised how much this happens for teams all around the country, not just the DCC. For example, the 24 person squad for the NHL’s Carolina Hurricanes, members come from 10 different states: NC, SC, VA, CA, CT, MI, GA, FL, PA, CO. Historically, that team has even had members from Mexico, South Korea, Canada, and the Dominican Republic. 

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Weeklydcc said:

10 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

I don’t think she looks unhealthy.  I think we are seeing a girl who is now a woman who no longer has the “baby” fat she used to have.  And it has shocked us to see that big of a change.  Not that VK has ever been fat.  She has obviously made huge changes in her diet.  

Is she thin, yes, but not too thin.  Her ribs and waist are not shocking.  JMO

This is not the picture of health. This is scary skinny. It is really inexcusable at this point if K&J aren’t having serious conversations about this with her.

760B04AC-0C8F-45F5-AC0B-EA1D47EAC9C3.jpeg

Edited by StellaCL
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 10
  • Love 2