Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Who will audition for the DCC this year? Discuss it here!

The first DCC prep class of the season happened today. Here are a few people who either said they were there, or someone else tagged them in the photos:

Amanda Mendoza Gonzalez    @amanda_0922
Amirah Kern   @amirahh.leanne (private) Apache Belle
Brook'Lyn Burke    @brooklynb_dance_5678, @brooklynbdances
Elizabeth Claire Swindell    @notorious_l_i_z
Katelyn Pittman    @_katelynpittman_ auditioned previously
Laura Morris    @laurammorris12 (private)
Madison Moore    @madi_moore
Mallory Adler    @malloryadler
Natalie Starr DuPré    @nattiestarr
Stephanie Schmidt    @stephdance25 (private)

There's also Lillie Ann Dawson who someone discovered recently.
Tiktok: @lillieanndawson
IG: @lillieanndawson

1131440299_DCCprepclass01102022.JPG.5d40d21580de766a298b6ee335a97ae1.JPG

• Useful 3
  • Love 2

This thread just got me HYPEEEE!!!! Ugh I love this damn show. Out of all those girls, the only one that stood out to me was Natalie, she's gorgeous.

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Former tcc’s at prep class 

985C49DD-A6BB-4467-B8E9-862D9E6A5DDD.jpeg

3 of these gals have been working their tails off and you could hand a uniform to them right now: Amanda, Cailey, Bre. They are constantly in prep classes. They look stronger than some of our current DCC.

But who knows if they will fit Kelli's fancy and will even get a training camp invite again, especially considering it's online auditions and everything is under wraps. I think Cailey has an uphill climb because I don't know if TPTB will risk her back problems and the fact she may end up injured which would be yet another hole for them to fill on game day.

Kylie, I don't know about? I like her, she's adorable. But I can't remember much about her dancing. 

Ashley, please do not invite her back if she is still a weak dancer. That's just rehashing the same stuff we have seen over and over again on MTT, like with Meredith. She would have to have a dramatic improvement for me to think she earned a spot over the others - I am kinda over DCC taking on weaker dancers just because they liked them.  

• Love 8
6 hours ago, DCC93 said:

Kylee MeHarg @kyleemeharg <- Stands out as well, praying she's not another Ava. Very young and beautiful and fresh out of high school.

Cambrie Gonzales @cambriegonzales <- Gorg. Could see them both making it if they're talented because they have the "look".

Charleigh Travis @charleighmtravis

Trinity Resendez @trinityresendezz

Alexis Marie @lexiblalock_

Mackie Koury @mackiekoury <- Friends with @charleighmtravis before auditions

Alizay Delgado @alizaydelgado

The kylee girl according to her ig post she isn’t auditioning until 2023 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 1/11/2022 at 3:34 PM, StellaCL said:

I think Cailey has an uphill climb because I don't know if TPTB will risk her back problems and the fact she may end up injured which would be yet another hole for them to fill on game day.

She actually posted something about her back on her Instagram story yesterday. Not sure if it’s still up there though🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m just so happy for this to be back! My favorite time of the year is finding out who is going to audition.

• Love 5
On 1/11/2022 at 2:46 AM, sleepyjean said:

The first DCC prep class of the season happened today. Here are a few people who either said they were there, or someone else tagged them in the photos:

On 1/11/2022 at 6:07 PM, DCC93 said:

Cambrie Gonzales @cambriegonzales <- Gorg. Could see them both making it if they're talented because they have the "look".

Charleigh Travis @charleighmtravis

Trinity Resendez @trinityresendezz

Alexis Marie @lexiblalock_

Ann McClellan @mackiekoury <- Friends with @charleighmtravis before auditions

Alizay Delgado @alizaydelgado

I think some of them can make it but most need to work on power in there arms and finishing the moves- so many are cutting them short without fully extending so they look weak! Also, some just need to smile and work of their showmanship. I bet it was nerve wracking performing in front of Maddie, Jalyn and Ashlee but they were there to help them and some just looked bored

• Love 6
On 1/10/2022 at 6:46 PM, sleepyjean said:

I don't recall seeing prep classes outdoors (although I admit that I don't keep up with DCC outside of the auditions/games). Is this a safety protocol in the Covid era? I can see a lot of advantages for taking a prep class on the field because it gives the dancer the feeling of dancing on the field surface.

On 1/11/2022 at 1:34 PM, StellaCL said:

Ashley, please do not invite her back if she is still a weak dancer. That's just rehashing the same stuff we have seen over and over again on MTT, like with Meredith. She would have to have a dramatic improvement for me to think she earned a spot over the others - I am kinda over DCC taking on weaker dancers just because they liked them.  

I am partial to Ashley. Something about her captured my heart. But she was not a strong enough dancer to make the team and I agree 100% with what you said... do not invite her back if she is still a weak dancer. It's not fair to her.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, SanDiegoGal said:

I don't recall seeing prep classes outdoors (although I admit that I don't keep up with DCC outside of the auditions/games). Is this a safety protocol in the Covid era? I can see a lot of advantages for taking a prep class on the field because it gives the dancer the feeling of dancing on the field surface.

This isn’t out doors this inside at the star 

• Love 2
On 1/10/2022 at 9:46 PM, sleepyjean said:

Lillie Ann Dawson looks promising. 

On 1/11/2022 at 4:34 PM, StellaCL said:

3 of these gals have been working their tails off and you could hand a uniform to them right now: Amanda, Cailey, Bre. They are constantly in prep classes. They look stronger than some of our current DCC.

But who knows if they will fit Kelli's fancy and will even get a training camp invite again, especially considering it's online auditions and everything is under wraps. I think Cailey has an uphill climb because I don't know if TPTB will risk her back problems and the fact she may end up injured which would be yet another hole for them to fill on game day.

Kylie, I don't know about? I like her, she's adorable. But I can't remember much about her dancing. 

I’ve seen Amanda look good, but sometimes she just doesn’t stand out to me. I like Bre and Cailey, but would be concerned over back issues for Cailey. Ashley is super cute, but we will have to see, because she really struggled. I really want Kylie to come back. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lynnbo said:

I’ve seen Amanda look good, but sometimes she just doesn’t stand out to me. I like Bre and Cailey, but would be concerned over back issues for Cailey. Ashley is super cute, but we will have to see, because she really struggled. I really want Kylie to come back. 

Cailey posted on her IG that she has been having treatment for her back and it is 10/10. Hope so!

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, PomPomPom said:

Cailey posted on her IG that she has been having treatment for her back and it is 10/10. Hope so!

ughhhh i really hope so because i would love to see her make the team and if her back is still an issue i can't see that happening 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, RileyJDR said:

Victoria is front and center in a new Jenn Amburn vid on Instagram. She could be gearing up for her comeback audition!

If anything... I think this was their sort of "announcement" that Vicky K is DEFINITELY coming back.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

If anything... I think this was their sort of "announcement" that Vicky K is DEFINITELY coming back.

It’s VK, when is she never front and center?  Glad to see she’s ready with her A+++ self!

Just now, Blue hues said:

It’s VK, when is she never front and center?  Glad to see she’s ready with her A+++ self!

Edit...  never not front and center...

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

Victoria is front and center in a new Jenn Amburn vid on Instagram. She could be gearing up for her comeback audition!

I still think she dances too wild and all over the place. You need to be clean and powerful. She knows how to play up to the camera though, I'll give her that. 

• Love 14

Kya also might be auditioning because she had a picture with Amber and Ashly. Not everyone goes to Jenn Amburn's class.

But her look is not of my taste. She's definitely beautiful but not my cup of tea.

Really hope s15 Cassie get's invited back. She didn't make last years trining camp. I'm rooting for her.

I remember someone from reddit saying that Gina Mari s14 is planning to audition again.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYzkcF5qFNm/?utm_medium=copy_link

I know how the majority feels about VK, but I think she looks stellar here. Power, fun, musicality, etc. 

I like her here but I think many can agree her hair is bad.

It's not VK's hairography technique but the hair itself that is bad. As a non dancer I think she has great hairography technique and moves her hair well.

The hair is not keeping up with her tecknique though. She needs less hair to make it look pretty.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I like her here but I think many can agree her hair is bad.

It's not VK's hairography technique but the hair itself that is bad. As a non dancer I think she has great hairography technique and moves her hair well.

The hair is not keeping up with her tecknique though. She needs less hair to make it look pretty.

VK is stunning with less makeup and darker hair. You see glimpses of it on social media. The more bleach and make up she layers on, the less natural pretty she is and more loud pretty. I prefer the former. 

She confuses me. I am not really looking forward to her return. Hopefully it won't get much air time on MTT. 

• Love 21
On 1/16/2022 at 1:02 AM, Kamal said:

Kya also might be auditioning because she had a picture with Amber and Ashly. Not everyone goes to Jenn Amburn's class.

But her look is not of my taste. She's definitely beautiful but not my cup of tea.

Really hope s15 Cassie get's invited back. She didn't make last years trining camp. I'm rooting for her.

I remember someone from reddit saying that Gina Mari s14 is planning to audition again.

Cassie looks really good in Jen Amburn’s classes. I hope she makes it back too. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, StellaCL said:

VK is stunning with less makeup and darker hair.

Her hair looked so pretty after her makeover the year she was cut in TC. Now, yeah, her blonde isn't as natural looking,

• Love 3
15 hours ago, StellaCL said:

VK is stunning with less makeup and darker hair. You see glimpses of it on social media. The more bleach and make up she layers on, the less natural pretty she is and more loud pretty. I prefer the former. 

She confuses me. I am not really looking forward to her return. Hopefully it won't get much air time on MTT. 

YES. As soon as she puts that hot pink lipstick on it's a wrap. They need to do with they did to Ava and just enhance her look and show her what looks best on her.

• Love 10
On 1/17/2022 at 1:22 PM, ByTor said:

Her hair looked so pretty after her makeover the year she was cut in TC. Now, yeah, her blonde isn't as natural looking,

This is a screenshot from her first confessional back in Season 13...

Screenshot_20220118-190301_YouTube.thumb.jpg.d1bf3a373f4a4ee3d5f930eddfa6a850.jpg

She looks so much more natural here. But then she piled on the bleach, the makeup and the extensions? Below is a screenshot from her Season 14 interview with the judges.

Screenshot_20220118-190400_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c0c00c962a28be37194b10c796c29928.jpg

I have always said that Victoria needs to go darker. Either a darker blonde or light brown. Maybe even strawberry blonde? Here's what I mean...

49a4f0fccb43b1f9d66c3506798735f7.jpg.552d210be19b775ffebd43a8d934b833.jpg

3c88372f486d6f9eca1f582fceb87e13.jpg

7-blonde-hair-for-blue-eyes-B4EuCjejYaA.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
Reference photos
  • Love 14

@TheGenuineBeauty, thanks, I couldn't find any pictures of Victoria with her season 13 hair. She doesn't need the bleach & she doesn't need the extensions, she looked awesome there. Not that she looks bad now, she just looks like every other bleached blonde on the squad.

• Love 10
On 1/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, TheGenuineBeauty said:

This is a screenshot from her first confessional back in Season 13...

Screenshot_20220118-190301_YouTube.thumb.jpg.d1bf3a373f4a4ee3d5f930eddfa6a850.jpg

She looks so much more natural here. But then she piled on the bleach, the makeup and the extensions? Below is a screenshot from her Season 14 interview with the judges.

Screenshot_20220118-190400_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c0c00c962a28be37194b10c796c29928.jpg

I have always said that Victoria needs to go darker. Either a darker blonde or light brown. Maybe even strawberry blonde? Here's what I mean...

49a4f0fccb43b1f9d66c3506798735f7.jpg.552d210be19b775ffebd43a8d934b833.jpg

3c88372f486d6f9eca1f582fceb87e13.jpg

7-blonde-hair-for-blue-eyes-B4EuCjejYaA.

Darker blonde, definitely.

• Love 3
On 1/19/2022 at 10:39 PM, JC2468 said:

Sorry if this was already asked BUT who are y'all excited to see come back this year?

AVA!! If she does return. I do feel Kelli wasn’t too keen about her coming back but she was SOO charismatic to me. I think she could be trained to be at a Holly P level of “watch me.” She definitely needed to adjust with the style a little bit but when she was on, she was on 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 Probably one of my favorites to watch in a loooong time . I know she was immature but I don’t think she should be held in a negative light because of it. People grow up and being shown like that on TV, I’m sure she really saw where she needed to improve. If we held everyone to who they were at 18 years old, I’m sure 99% of us wouldn’t be liked. Also I want to add that some girls just have a goofy personality. I don’t think people should completely change who they are to be just like majority of everyone else on that team. The cookie cutter, perfect personality. It’s better to see real personalities and not robots. But she definitely needed a big lesson in maturity 

Edited by dfwxo
  • Love 6
On 1/20/2022 at 12:34 AM, Kamal said:

s15 Cassie,

s16 Ava, Kylie, Amanda, Ashly Jordann !!

I liked Kylie, she definitely has a bright presence.  Jordann seemed especially sweet, but I don't remember much about her dancing. Ashley had almost every quality, but I think it would be unfair to bring her back if her dance hasn't improved.  Should be interesting to see if Presley comes back and has been able to adapt her style to the DCC style.

I'd like to see Melanie come back and Cailey--if her back is good--too.

As for Ava, I know she's a great dancer, but I just didn't connect with her. I think she's looking for a spotlight and I'm not sure if she would be a good addition to the "sisterhood." With many of the dancers you can see the friendships developing, I never saw those relationships form for her. Of course, that could be the editing! Also, I've watched Season 16 an embarrassing number of times, and what I noticed most about Ava was that during practice she tends to get very red-faced. It could just be a natural flush that she gets from exercise or it could be conditioning. I just don't think a cheerleader with a bright pink face is going to look good on the jumbotron.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

can we also get a little commotion for kleine and kya and kylie!!! also i'm living for victoria being confident again. last thing... i love marissa more and more every time i watch her.

Agree with all, but I think Armani sold it the most. Marissa has been one of my favorites since before even training camp when I stumbled across a post from her mom saying she was trying out.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DCC93 said:

can we also get a little commotion for kleine and kya and kylie!!! also i'm living for victoria being confident again. last thing... i love marissa more and more every time i watch her.

I loved Kya in this! She was my early favorite last year but then dropped off the radar after her early (deserved) cut.

I am already having all the feels about the fact these cut TCCs have been working so hard all year, and looking damn good, but by numbers, they can’t all make it. And some won’t even get a TC invite. There are just not enough slots even with retirements and possible vet cuts and two vets trying to return. Plus the new ones we don’t know about that will catch K&J’s eye - it’s going to lead to a lot of rejection and disappointment for some of these women we have watched and admired. I suppose it’s no different than any other season, but social media has made things a lot more visible and real. 😢

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I loved Kya in this! She was my early favorite last year but then dropped off the radar after her early (deserved) cut.

I am already having all the feels about the fact these cut TCCs have been working so hard all year, and looking damn good, but by numbers, they can’t all make it. And some won’t even get a TC invite. There are just not enough slots even with retirements and possible vet cuts and two vets trying to return. Plus the new ones we don’t know about that will catch K&J’s eye - it’s going to lead to a lot of rejection and disappointment for some of these women we have watched and admired. I suppose it’s no different than any other season, but social media has made things a lot more visible and real. 😢

Kya does look really good.  I feel the same way about the former tcc working so hard and looking like they could be on the team, but the numbers aren’t there to make it likely for too many.  I have come across a few new girls who are likely to catch K&J’s eye like you said. Would be nice if they made this one of the years they took 38 frankly in my opinion because there seems to be a lot of deserving, quality candidates.  I guess we will see.

• Love 5

If I were K and J I wouldn’t invite Caily.

She says her back has recovered but I’m not gonna take my chances and believe her. Her back injury seems different from other injuries where you can just take a year off to recover.

What’s the largest amount of ruturning tcc candidates?

s16 3

s15 1

s14 3 (Victoria Kristen Lily, am I missing someone cut ?)

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I'm not sure Lisa will be back personally. Looks like she had a setback with her neck and she just might not ever be able to give it 100% in head whips etc. 

I was impressed with Kya in Jenn's prep class, although going in a group with Kliene and Armani is risky because both are powerful. Marissa looks clean and powerful too but VK still looks messy for me. She just uses up too much space when she needs to have more precise footwork and not move around as much. Again, she works the camera well though!

I really want her to cut her hair though, like a shoulder length cut would still swing (like Lily's was) but there just wouldn't be so much of it. Although too much is basically her personality style so her hair is fitting!

• Love 13
2 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

I'm not sure Lisa will be back personally. Looks like she had a setback with her neck and she just might not ever be able to give it 100% in head whips etc. 

I was impressed with Kya in Jenn's prep class, although going in a group with Kliene and Armani is risky because both are powerful. Marissa looks clean and powerful too but VK still looks messy for me. She just uses up too much space when she needs to have more precise footwork and not move around as much. Again, she works the camera well though!

I really want her to cut her hair though, like a shoulder length cut would still swing (like Lily's was) but there just wouldn't be so much of it. Although too much is basically her personality style so her hair is fitting!

I rooted for Lisa her rookie TC. I was neutral on Victoria. It's been a slow transition, but I really would rather see the team go a different direction with both of them as retired and not returning. 

• Love 22
On 1/21/2022 at 8:08 PM, Kamal said:

If I were K and J I wouldn’t invite Caily.

She says her back has recovered but I’m not gonna take my chances and believe her. Her back injury seems different from other injuries where you can just take a year off to recover.

You have a point here. But isn’t she the same one who said she wouldn’t come back unless she was better? Or was that someone else? If it was, maybe she does feel better! 

anywho, I’ll be glad to see who actually makes it back in! 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, JC2468 said:

You have a point here. But isn’t she the same one who said she wouldn’t come back unless she was better? Or was that someone else? If it was, maybe she does feel better! 

anywho, I’ll be glad to see who actually makes it back in! 

Yes if her doctor don’t think she should audition or clear her to she won’t go against his advice 

• Love 3