Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, vanillagum said:

wow, tyra announced her retirement

didn't expect her to be a 2-year girl but she seems to be honeymoon phasing hard lmao

Tyra seemed a bit checked out her second year,  but on the other hand, I respect those that do it well but don't feel the need to stay and let DCC world consume their entire life for 4-5 years. 

• Like 10
11 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Tyra seemed a bit checked out her second year,  but on the other hand, I respect those that do it well but don't feel the need to stay and let DCC world consume their entire life for 4-5 years. 

I feel like we've seen a lot less of her in the past year, compared to her first year. It's a lot for really what is a part-time, underpaid job on a full-time schedule! I'm surprised more of the girls don't have burnout because they seem to be on the go all the time. I say this as someone who's always juggled multiple plates myself: work, studying, running a blog, hobbies, relationships, family, friends etc.

• Like 4
On 2/9/2023 at 10:40 PM, TVaddict2355 said:

Who I think could/should be top picks for a GL position

*Names start with highest amount of DCC seniority, past 1st/2nd GL experience, and DCC awards (ROTY/VOTY/SidelineSweetheart/GamedayGirl/ShowGroup/Features/etc.)*

Top Candidates for Group Leaders

Kelcey, Chandi, Claire, McKenzie, Marissa G, Dani, Armani

Top Candidates for 2nd Group Leaders

Dani, Armani, Darian, Elli, Jessica, Kelee, Madeleine, Tori

MY DREAM 23-24 GROUPS

Group 1 (1st/2nd) = Kelcey/Dani

Group 2 (1st/2nd) = Chandi/Marissa

Group 3 (1st/2nd) = Claire/Jessica

Group 4 (1st/2nd) = McKenzie/Armani

My Wish List: (if Kelcey should return) 

First Group Leaders

1: Kelcey

2. Chandi

3. Claire

4. McKenzie

2nd Group Leaders (no specific order)

Dani

Darian

Marissa

Elli

**If Kelcey retires, add Dani to the first leaders list and add Jessica to second leaders.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

You would think if Jets were being “rebranded”, it would be a quicker turnaround like with the Mavs.

I agree.   According to their wiki  

""The Jets Flight Crew were a professional cheerleading squad for the New York Jets of the National Football League. The group was established in 2006 as the Jets Flag Crew, composed of six female flag carriers. In 2007, the group expanded and was appropriately renamed the Jets Flight Crew. The squad regularly performs choreographed routines during the team's home contests.

Denise Garvey serves as director of the squad.

The squad is currently on hiatus until 2023 for a rebrand, however the squad members are still active individually in charity events by the Jets."

• Useful 2
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I agree.   According to their wiki  

""The Jets Flight Crew were a professional cheerleading squad for the New York Jets of the National Football League. The group was established in 2006 as the Jets Flag Crew, composed of six female flag carriers. In 2007, the group expanded and was appropriately renamed the Jets Flight Crew. The squad regularly performs choreographed routines during the team's home contests.

Denise Garvey serves as director of the squad.

The squad is currently on hiatus until 2023 for a rebrand, however the squad members are still active individually in charity events by the Jets."

The thing about wiki though is that anyone can change and write things I think the whole on hold rebrand is away to get rid of them 

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

If Kelcey retires, who is most likely to be the 4th group leader?

Like for Victoria

LOL for Marissa

Useful for Elli

Applause for Dani

Fire for Armani

Sad for Darian

I think Jessica would be a great group leader, but being point of their group will lower her chances - Marissa, Armani, and Dani seem like the strongest choices. I am not ready to see Victoria as point of anything, this past season was... odd. Elli has got the power pom style down to a tee, but IMO she works best to the side of a point. I personally think Darian is under-utilized, she should of had McKenzie's spot in the formations last year. I haven't seen Darian post anything that indicates she is going to re-audition though - this next season would be I think her 8th year as a pro cheerleader. She isn't one to post a lot of DCC stuff though on her IG stories, which adds to her mystery.

DCC social media has utilized KayDianna, Victoria, and McKenzie (also Kelcey for obvious reasons) this past winter. I could see them giving KD 2nd group leader over more senior vets. I think there is some truth in the ones that they use over and over (think Maddie, Rachel W., Lexie, Gina) end up with the earliest and highest accolades like point, GLs 1/2 by year 3, and choice positions in the triangle. I thought Tori would follow this path, but maybe not.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
On 2/18/2023 at 3:47 PM, StellaCL said:

I could see them giving KD 2nd group leader over more senior vets.

Here are my predictions...

Kelcey and Darian will retire

Group 1: Chandi / Marissa 

Group 2: McKenzie / KD 

Group 3: Claire / Armani 

Group 4: Dani / Elli 

Edited by dccfan204
Replaced Tori with Armani
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, dccfan204 said:

Here are my predictions...

Kelcey and Darian will retire

Group 1: Chandi / Marissa 

Group 2: McKenzie / KD 

Group 3: Claire / Armani 

Group 4: Dani / Elli 

I’m pretty sure kelcey is going for a 5th year 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I’m pretty sure kelcey is going for a 5th year 

If this is the case, my prediction is:

Group 1: Kelcey / Dani (with VK completing the triangle)

Group 2: Chandi / Marissa (with KD completing the triangle)

Group 3: McKenzie / Elli

Group 4: Claire / Armani (with Tori completing the triangle)

• Like 2
On 2/18/2023 at 1:36 PM, dccfan204 said:

If Kelcey retires, who is most likely to be the 4th group leader?

Like for Victoria

LOL for Marissa

Useful for Elli

Applause for Dani

Fire for Armani

Sad for Darian

Lol, if VK gets a group leader position, will it be like 2 for 1, and Tina chiming in to let the girls know if they’re getting soft or have a gummy smile?  Feel for that group already!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

After catching up on pages of missed posts on this thread, there is something I'd like to say about the frequently used phrase "so and so got robbed". It usually involved point or getting pro bowl.

I get that we all have our favorites, and have our own dream team. As such, I respect everybody's opinion. But the truth is....we have a squad of 36 amazing dancers, which inevitably means several candidates for point or pro bowl. This year, we had several girls that would have been amazing points. We had a few that were deserving of being pro bowl. It's a shame they didn't get it, but that's life. The phrase so and so got robbed is perfectly understandable, but it also feels to me* as if the one who got it, wasn't deserving of it.

*I would like to point out that I am no native speaker, so maybe I read this phrase wrong, but that is just how it comes across to me....

• Like 5
  • Love 2
On 2/20/2023 at 8:31 PM, Blue hues said:

Lol, if VK gets a group leader position, will it be like 2 for 1, and Tina chiming in to let the girls know if they’re getting soft or have a gummy smile?  Feel for that group already!  

She'll tell them they look like a Grandma like she did Chandler.

• Mind Blown 1

It's crazy to think that if the 3 confirmed and 2 rumoured retirements are the only ones, then next season we could only have 4 rookies. If Amber L makes it back then it could be 3!!!!

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
10 minutes ago, MC123 said:

It's crazy to think that if the 3 confirmed and 2 rumoured retirements are the only ones, then next season we could only have 4 rookies. If Amber L makes it back then it could be 3!!!!

I think we won’t know exactly who is all retiring until the end of the season banquet !! Also not sure if amber L is even going to audition 

Good for Marissa... she's listening to her body and taking time to heal from her hip surgery.  I have no doubt she will be back and stronger than before. I wish her a speedy recovery! 

Edited by mizzhyer
  • Like 15

We have long since theorized that some vets were cut for tv purposes only. So, with only a few confirmed retirements so far,  it will be very interesting to see what happens next. Will they cut no other vets and accept just a few rookies? Or will we see another vet culling, like the one we had with Lily, Brennan, Madeline and Hannah? 

If they do cut (or not invite to TC) another 4 vets or so without a tv show, you could argue that it is simply part of a pro dancer’s career. There could have been legit issues or concerns in the previous season that we did not know about after all. And some of the rookies are simply better.

But….if no vets are cut, and they’ll take only a hand full of rookies? Is that a coincidence? Or would that be proof that some girls were indeed sacrificed for show purposes only? Without a tv show, there’s certainly little need to create all that extra drama.

• Like 4
(edited)

Been awhile, hi everyone…who are the ones talking retirement? Sorry to hear about Marissa. Hope everyone is doing great.

ps…so no new show either? 

Edited by bernie2018
7 hours ago, bernie2018 said:

Been awhile, hi everyone…who are the ones talking retirement? Sorry to hear about Marissa. Hope everyone is doing great.

ps…so no new show either? 

Confirmed retirements (or injury): Ashlee, Caroline, Tyra, and Marissa
Expected to retire: Jalyn and Kat 

Kat did post something like "last year, best year" but never officially confirmed she was retiring. Jalyn hasn't posted anything but was in a group photo with only retiring DCC so it is assumed this is her last year.

Nearly every other DCC not mentioned is expected to return. It will be a small retiring class this year.

No news on a show, unfortunately. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
On 3/1/2023 at 5:32 AM, LilyD said:

We have long since theorized that some vets were cut for tv purposes only. So, with only a few confirmed retirements so far,  it will be very interesting to see what happens next. Will they cut no other vets and accept just a few rookies? Or will we see another vet culling, like the one we had with Lily, Brennan, Madeline and Hannah? 

If they do cut (or not invite to TC) another 4 vets or so without a tv show, you could argue that it is simply part of a pro dancer’s career. There could have been legit issues or concerns in the previous season that we did not know about after all. And some of the rookies are simply better.

But….if no vets are cut, and they’ll take only a hand full of rookies? Is that a coincidence? Or would that be proof that some girls were indeed sacrificed for show purposes only? Without a tv show, there’s certainly little need to create all that extra drama.

Or will we see another vet culling, like the one we had with Lily, Brennan, Madeline and Hannah? 

Do you mean Meredith?

3 minutes ago, the clock said:

and the Pinky Ring party looks so cute

She's a 2nd year vet who received hers last year. Why is she posting about about it? Unless it's from last year.

12 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

She's a 2nd year vet who received hers last year. Why is she posting about about it? Unless it's from last year.

Because the veterans get to go to and help celebrate the rookies 

• Like 7
  • Love 1
On 2/28/2023 at 6:38 PM, mizzhyer said:

Good for Marissa... she's listening to her body and taking time to heal from her hip surgery.  I have no doubt she will be back and stronger than before. I wish her a speedy recovery! 

Her injury is a tough one to come back from. That being said, Gina came back from the ACL injury so there is hope! I hope she heals and comes back as point 😁

• Like 7
On 3/3/2023 at 8:57 AM, Jessied84 said:

Or will we see another vet culling, like the one we had with Lily, Brennan, Madeline and Hannah? 

Do you mean Meredith?

Yes! Thank you for pointing that out! 

18 hours ago, ByTor said:

Her injury is a tough one to come back from. That being said, Gina came back from the ACL injury so there is hope! I hope she heals and comes back as point 😁

What's her injury? Does anyone have a screenshot of the post where she announced her break? 

2 hours ago, DCCFan2021 said:

What's her injury? Does anyone have a screenshot of the post where she announced her break? 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CpOQhKLMDut/

Torn labrum in hip:

Back in October, the dull pain that had been nagging me for months in my left hip had taken a turn for the worse. Tasks like getting in and out of my car, squatting to pick up an item, or even turning out my leg led to excruciating pain. I decided that enough was enough and got an MRI to see what was happening. Unfortunately, I got the news that I had a torn labrum in my left hip, as well as a hip impingement. The word “surgery” had been thrown around a couple times, but I truly couldn’t fathom it. My main priority was to finish out the season strong and then reassess after the season commenced. Unfortunately, even with going to physical therapy twice a week for 4 months and a steroid injection into my joint, nothing was going to stop this injury from potentially causing permanent damage to my hip. The longevity and quality of my dance career was in jeopardy, as well as what daily tasks would look like for me in the future. These next 6-9 months are going to be very challenging as I relearn how to walk, run and dance again. However I’m so happy this was a fixable problem.

• Sad 1
On 2/20/2023 at 7:31 PM, Blue hues said:

Mama Kalina is now doing the fashion shows and appearances with VK!  They both looked fab at the recent Lisa Dean fashion show!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
On 3/1/2023 at 1:08 PM, StellaCL said:

Confirmed retirements (or injury): Ashlee, Caroline, Tyra, and Marissa
Expected to retire: Jalyn and Kat 

Kat did post something like "last year, best year" but never officially confirmed she was retiring. Jalyn hasn't posted anything but was in a group photo with only retiring DCC so it is assumed this is her last year.

Nearly every other DCC not mentioned is expected to return. It will be a small retiring class this year.

No news on a show, unfortunately. 

Audition season is almost upon us and I already have my eye on some girls that I think would look good in the DCC uniform. Obviously Alyssa from last year, I really want her to try out again and hopefully she makes it this year. I think they'll just do what they did last year and take 37 girls. The rookie class is gonna get smaller and smaller cause everyone is just so good and almost everyone stays. We will see one rookie get cut or retire / leave. It's basically tradition at this point I don't think there has been a year were all rookies stay and become 2nd year vets, there's always been at least one girl that either retires or gets cut. 

Now that Marissa is out for injury that 2nd Leader spot is most certainly gonna go to VK. But we'll see what happens. These are my predictions:

1st Leaders: Kelcey, Claire, Chandi, McKenzie
2nd Leaders: Armani, Dani, Victoria, Darian

As for the show, the chances of getting a new season are basically slim to none at this point. I just gave up on it. Hopefully, DCC decides to do their own little web show and post it onto YouTube like the Raiderettes did for the 2022 season (or was it 2021? I don't remember) At least give us something to keep this forum alive lol.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Audition season is almost upon us and I already have my eye on some girls that I think would look good in the DCC uniform. Obviously Alyssa from last year, I really want her to try out again and hopefully she makes it this year. I think they'll just do what they did last year and take 37 girls. The rookie class is gonna get smaller and smaller cause everyone is just so good and almost everyone stays. We will see one rookie get cut or retire / leave. It's basically tradition at this point I don't think there has been a year were all rookies stay and become 2nd year vets, there's always been at least one girl that either retires or gets cut. 

Now that Marissa is out for injury that 2nd Leader spot is most certainly gonna go to VK. But we'll see what happens. These are my predictions:

Almost all these DCC are bound to retire in 2024. Victoria may come back for year 5, and maybe Claire.  It will be interesting to see how that plays out in leadership selection for 2023. I think it is possible they will bypass seniority and choose a 3rd year like Tori or KD, who would be more likely to return for future seasons.

As for potential TCCs. I thought Mel Parker had missed her chance, but she is looking really good in her clips posted on SM. She will be a strong contender if she auditions and they choose to actually give her a fair chance.

As always, they will focus on shiny new people though. It will be a tough audition season all around. There is always one rookie that doesn't return, heartbreaking if it ends up being a cut 😥

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I really hope they post the audition videos, like they did in 2020 season tcc (s15) posting all the training camp candidates audition videos.

I remember watching all the videos and being very impressed by Claire for some reason (I don't have dance knowledge so) and she turned out to be a superstar!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

As for the show, the chances of getting a new season are basically slim to none at this point. I just gave up on it. Hopefully, DCC decides to do their own little web show and post it onto YouTube like the Raiderettes did for the 2022 season (or was it 2021? I don't remember) At least give us something to keep this forum alive lol.

Um…shouldn’t it be VK and mama kalina as group leader?  I’m sure mama K will have input!  Loved seeing the two of them as the pinky ring party!  Did Madeline’s mom go?

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
4 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

At least give us something to keep this forum alive lol.

LOL, for real. I’m just sitting here tonight watching Season 3, reliving the good ole days of this show.  I remember being so excited for Fall when the new season would come out. 😒 It’s crazy, but I still never get sick of watching the older seasons of the show.  It never bores me. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stee said:

I’m all for bypassing seniority and picking KD and Kelee as Second Group leaders. They are the future leaders and triangle of this team!

But do you need to have 2GL experience to be a good group leader?

I don't think that's entirely true. They don't need the 2GL title to be able to learn how to be a leader.

I'll give 2GL to a more tenured vet if she has more leadership than a younger girl. Besides, we can never be sure if the girl we think will stick (KD and Kelee in your example) and do two more years. Best to only think about this year than look too much ahead and give the 2GL title who most deserves it.

15 hours ago, Kamal said:

I really hope they post the audition videos, like they did in 2020 season tcc (s15) posting all the training camp candidates audition videos.

I remember watching all the videos and being very impressed by Claire for some reason (I don't have dance knowledge so) and she turned out to be a superstar!!

I was so bummed they didn't do this last year. Social media dept for DCC always seems to disappoint. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 3/9/2023 at 8:34 AM, Stee said:

I’m all for bypassing seniority and picking KD and Kelee as Second Group leaders. They are the future leaders and triangle of this team!

I could totally see them getting 2nd group leader positions. Kelee was one of the leaders in the Rangerettes (Kali was as well) and I think Kaydianna was captain of TCU showgirls. 

I think it'll all come down to if one of these 4 girls retires (Kelcey, Claire, Chandi, and McKenzie) We already know Claire is returning, but we don't know about the other three girls, I'm assuming they're staying since there hasn't been a word about them retiring (although Jalyn hasn't said anything either and we are all assuming she's retiring cause of the officially unofficially 5 year cap on DCCs right now) 

All I'm saying is, I could see it happening, but maybe not this year. There are 3rd year going onto 4th year vets that I think could do a good job as 2nd group leader right now. And some are considered to be Kelli's favorites. We have VK, of course, Armani, and maybe Dani. I kinda feel bad for Marissa G right now, if it wasn't for her injury I think she would have been a shoo in for 2nd group leader. But if I was Kelli I would give Darian 2nd group leader position based on her previous NFL experience. But that's just me, I know that previous NFL experience doesn't necessarily mean good leader.  

Also if we are looking at 2nd year vets who would be great 2nd group leaders then we shouldn't leave out Tori and Madeline.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I could totally see them getting 2nd group leader positions. Kelee was one of the leaders in the Rangerettes (Kali was as well) and I think Kaydianna was captain of TCU showgirls. 

I think it'll all come down to if one of these 4 girls retires (Kelcey, Claire, Chandi, and McKenzie) We already know Claire is returning, but we don't know about the other three girls, I'm assuming they're staying since there hasn't been a word about them retiring (although Jalyn hasn't said anything either and we are all assuming she's retiring cause of the officially unofficially 5 year cap on DCCs right now) 

All I'm saying is, I could see it happening, but maybe not this year. There are 3rd year going onto 4th year vets that I think could do a good job as 2nd group leader right now. And some are considered to be Kelli's favorites. We have VK, of course, Armani, and maybe Dani. I kinda feel bad for Marissa G right now, if it wasn't for her injury I think she would have been a shoo in for 2nd group leader. But if I was Kelli I would give Darian 2nd group leader position based on her previous NFL experience. But that's just me, I know that previous NFL experience doesn't necessarily mean good leader.  

Also if we are looking at 2nd year vets who would be great 2nd group leaders then we shouldn't leave out Tori and Madeline.

Chandi McKenzie and Claire are all coming 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Chandi McKenzie and Claire are all coming 

I should've just looked up the photo on Reddit. My bad lol. 

I still stand by my case that 2nd group leader will all be 3rd year vets this year. But who knows, anything can happen.

• Like 2