Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

(edited)
14 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I've got Claire and Kelcey switching off as point (it seems like they usually put 2nd point in diamond position) & McKenzie completing the diamond since she made SG as a rookie

Claire and Marissa were the only 2 rookies to make Show Group that year.  McKenzie was performing with them towards the end of the year, but she didn't actually make SG until her 2nd year.

Also, this goes back to another reason Marissa rubbed people the wrong way.  After SG selections, Marissa was (allegedly) bragging and saying that she didn't have to worry anymore about making the team since she was on SG.  This was when Cici was cut from SG and she (again, allegedly) got her feelings hurt by what Marissa was saying.

Edited by ClassicPegg
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/could-proposed-texas-bills-ban-213028491.html
a story about a bill being proposed against drag shows that could impact DCC since they consider they have a sexualized performances. Some quoted saying something that oh well it won’t be bad if we have fewer cheerleaders in Texas. Hmmmm 

Also saying it could impact youth cheerleading as well as hooters girls and twin peaks as well 

• Useful 3
(edited)
On 5/9/2023 at 11:02 PM, dccfan204 said:

Prediction for triangle: (For the second formation, Kelcey/Claire switch and Chandi/McKenzie switch)

Kelcey

Claire         Chandi

KD           Dani        McKenzie

Darian       Tori           Armani           Elli

Ashlinn       VK          Jada          Jessica         Kelee

This is what makes the most sense, but I don't like how Dani is taller than Claire but is more outside than her

Kelcey

Chandi           McKenzie

Dani              Claire               

Edited by dccfan204
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Retirements confirmed! I thought there would be more.

I was very sad they didn't get a team announcement video but at least the retiring 6 got this cool video. 

Hoping the best for Marissa. I am excited to see what is headed for her.

• Like 4
  • Love 2

DCC candidates find out today if they advance to semis. They only have the weekend to learn a dance and kick line then submit a video.

I hope some that are advancing post on social media 🤞

• Like 8
  • Useful 2
10 minutes ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Congratulations to Kleine! She looks ethereal in that dress.

I wonder if she did Thunderstruck at her wedding. 

She did 

• Like 3
(edited)
27 minutes ago, J-R said:

It has not been reported Kleine retired yet she is on her honeymoon in Italy and auditions are this week?  

First and second rounds were  virtual finals is next month 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
(edited)
39 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

They haven’t done the calendar shoot for ?2 years.

They did go to Mexico last year  and shot 2023 calendars 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
On 5/19/2023 at 9:50 AM, StellaCL said:

DCC candidates find out today if they advance to semis. They only have the weekend to learn a dance and kick line then submit a video.

I hope some that are advancing post on social media 🤞

AND... today they find out if they advance to finals! 

Finals showcase is not being held until June 17th.

Maybe this time someone will post on social media about it? I am beginning to think they are probably instructed not to. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
47 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Maybe this time someone will post on social media about it? I am beginning to think they are probably instructed not to. 

There is one gal on ticktock who was doing a life update she commented under the video she made it to the second round hopefully she will post abt making it to finals 

• Like 5
On 4/30/2023 at 11:41 AM, mizzhyer said:

My wildcard retirees would be Zhenya, Armani, Jada and Darian.

Darian is definitely on my list still, considering her work on her clothing wear line with her sister, but I think they’ve announced all the retirements now. 

On 5/10/2023 at 12:05 AM, Survivor197 said:

Any updates on who is trying out for DCC this year? I remember in years past there being a list with Instagram handles

Working on it today!! I’ll post the confirmed/suspects shortly with Insta handles, I have a list I worked up in my planner

On 5/26/2023 at 12:05 PM, StellaCL said:

Darian Tisdale who made Mavs last year (but I think ended up being cut for some reason bc she never performed with them) posted last night that she made finals!

IMG_1798.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
50 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Darian is definitely on my list still, considering her work on her clothing wear line with her sister, but I think they’ve announced all the retirements now. 

Working on it today!! I’ll post the confirmed/suspects shortly with Insta handles, I have a list I worked up in my planner

Darian Tisdale who made Mavs last year (but I think ended up being cut for some reason bc she never performed with them) posted last night that she made finals!

IMG_1798.jpeg

Can’t wait to see who you have on your list 

• Love 2
(edited)

Confirmed or Close-to-Confirmed Auditioners

Criteria: posted that they planned to audition/did audition; OR seen with a new DCC style headshot or solo video during the audition period PLUS being a frequent class attender and not confirmed for any other team

-Darian T (@itsdariandarling)
-Brijet F (@mzjet) - Former GSW and Raiderette
-Ari M (@arimcclure) - Former Laker Girl, TCC 2022
-Bre H (@breharker) - TCC 2021
-Bre N (@bre_nabarrete, @brefit_trainer) - AAIA 3yr vet, 2yr capt
-Cailey U (@caileyjayyy) - TCC 2021, previous back injury
-Erika L (@erikalexus) - Former Luvabull, current Mavs DTC (DNQ to finals per Tiktok)
-Hallie S (@halliestueckrath)
-Janie G (@janieginn) - Former DMD, TCC 2022?
-Lauren B (@lauren_brummett)
-Madisyn D (@madisyn_daniel) - TCC 2021
-Parker Kilpatrick (@parker.kilpatrick)
-Anna Kate S (@annakatesundvold) - Caroline’s sister
-Brooklyn D (@brooklyndavis01)

Some of these may not be obvious on their pages, so if you’re curious about someone in particular, lmk! It won’t let me post more than one picture for whatever reason. 

I’ll post the list of maybes/folks I’m watching later, I need to take a break 😂

Edited by PepperM
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Criteria: posted that they planned to audition/did audition; OR seen with a new DCC style headshot or solo video during the audition period PLUS being a frequent class attender and not confirmed for any other team

-Erika L (@erikalexus) - Former Luvabull, current Mavs DTC

Some of these may not be obvious on their pages, so if you’re curious about someone in particular, lmk! It won’t let me post more than one picture for whatever reason. 

Erika L can be taken off according to her tick tock she didn’t make it 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, PepperM said:

-Erika L (@erikalexus) - Former Luvabull, current Mavs DTC (DNQ to finals per Tiktok)

What about Melanie Parker @melpark111 ?

Kayla Garcia (Darian's friend, former TCC 2022 and Suns dancer who has moved to Dallas) @kaylamonique_garcia posted new headshots this month. 

Also, I don't think Cailey (@caileyjayyy) auditioned this year, but I could be wrong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
24 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Kayla Garcia (Darian's friend, former TCC 2022 and Suns dancer who has moved to Dallas) @kaylamonique_garcia posted new headshots this month. 

Also, I don't think Cailey (@caileyjayyy) auditioned this year, but I could be wrong. 

Pretty sure Kayla did also because I saw her audtion outfit pictures 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, PepperM said:

I don't think Janie Ginn (DMD) ever made it to finals or even TC.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

There were so many Kaylas last year I lost track of her, thank you! Yes I’d agree, almost certainly auditioning. 

I can’t tell if Mel’s recent post was just her promoting her dance wear brand or donning an audition outfit for herself… she seems really happy on the Mavs and her style fits there a lot more. Maybe she’ll surprise me though!

Cailey’s IG profile pic is new iirc and she posted this back at the beginning of the year, which sounds to me like she’s still auditioning, but she’s focused more on doing it for her rather than the outcome: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl__oDKslw7/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

9 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I don't think Janie Ginn (DMD) ever made it to finals or even TC.

Iirc she definitely made finals last year but I can’t remember if she made TC or not, that’s why I put the question mark. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, PepperM said:

There were so many Kaylas last year I lost track of her, thank you! Yes I’d agree, almost certainly auditioning. 

I can’t tell if Mel’s recent post was just her promoting her dance wear brand or donning an audition outfit for herself… she seems really happy on the Mavs and her style fits there a lot more. Maybe she’ll surprise me though!

Cailey’s IG profile pic is new iirc and she posted this back at the beginning of the year, which sounds to me like she’s still auditioning, but she’s focused more on doing it for her rather than the outcome: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cl__oDKslw7/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Iirc she definitely made finals last year but I can’t remember if she made TC or not, that’s why I put the question mark. 

Janie for sure made finals last year I remember seeing her in pictures 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Mel is a super strong D town crew dancer. She changed her look recently, lighter makeup and hair (IMO it looks way better). Combined with the makeover and then the new photos in dancewear makes me think she is giving it one last go while she is at the top of her game - this will be her 4th year auditioning.

Two things going against her - TPTB always favor fresh faces, and she is someone they have seen audition repeatedly and is out there in the pro dance arena of Dallas. The other is her height. She is tiny, and Kelli is always thinking of her perfect kickline, so much so that taller gals sometimes get a pass so there is enough variation. I think TPTB are harder on the super short ones.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, PepperM said:

IMG_1798.jpeg

I will be shocked if Darian T. makes it to TC and/or the team. She seems to have good pro cheer dance style, but given that track record with the Mavs and then her social media - DCC is way too stuck up and hypocritical to risk giving her a spot on the team. I love that Darian T. didn't clean up her social media - she is her own person, but ya know, Charlotte will be clutching her pearls over the underboob and thong shots. 5 or 6 rookie spots? Her chances seem small.

I have been wrong before though!

Speaking of social media. I noticed Ariana McClure cleaned up her IG. Not one photo of the BF or fiance (weren't they engaged?). They either broke up or she decided to clean up her social media to better her chances.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
26 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

Mel is a super strong D town crew dancer. She changed her look recently, lighter makeup and hair (IMO it looks way better). Combined with the makeover and then the new photos in dancewear makes me think she is giving it one last go while she is at the top of her game - this will be her 4th year auditioning.

Two things going against her - TPTB always favor fresh faces, and she is someone they have seen audition repeatedly and is out there in the pro dance arena of Dallas. The other is her height. She is tiny, and Kelli is always thinking of her perfect kickline, so much so that taller gals sometimes get a pass so there is enough variation. I think TPTB are harder on the super short ones.

Exactly why I’m conflicted - I think she’s aware of those things working against her and I don’t know if she’s willing to subject herself to that again. I also wonder what some of the Mavs girls say about TPTB behind closed doors, with so many of them having histories with DCC in the past. 

13 minutes ago, StellaCL said:

I will be shocked if Darian T. makes it to TC and/or the team. She seems to have good pro cheer dance style, but given that track record with the Mavs and then her social media - DCC is way too stuck up and hypocritical to risk giving her a spot on the team. I love that Darian T. didn't clean up her social media - she is her own person, but ya know, Charlotte will be clutching her pearls over the underboob and thong shots. 5 or 6 rookie spots? Her chances seem small.

I have been wrong before though!

Speaking of social media. I noticed Ariana McClure cleaned up her IG. Not one photo of the BF or fiance (weren't they engaged?). They either broke up or she decided to clean up her social media to better her chances.

Definitely has crossed my mind about her, but she’s not the worst we’ve seen either. 

There are definitely a few others who have wiped or cleaned their socials lately that I’ve got my eye on. My 30th is this weekend so I haven’t had time to write out everyone else yet, but I will try before tonight is over!

• Like 3
4 hours ago, PepperM said:

These girls may be on your "maybes" list but these are a few others I've noticed. Some of them are a lot more circumstantial than others but there are at least some hints on social media:

-Alyssa B (@alyssanoelleb) - TCC 2022, former AAIA captain and TCU Showgirl, posted new headshot recently

-Amanda S (@amandasouks) - attends classes frequently, posted some things with the #pictureyourselfhere tag DCC promoted

-Mallory F (@malloryflores17) - posted new DCC-style headshot, was tagged on DCC alum Rachel W's beauty company instagram (@browningbeautyco)

-Samantha M (@samantha_mm) - AAIA 2yr vet, captain, attends classes frequently

-Melannie M (@melanniemontalvo) - AAIA rookie, attends classes frequently

-Anisha K (@anishakula) - former GSW and 49ers dancer, has posted a lot of dance videos recently including one with DCC rookie Amanda

-Skyy G. (@skyy.gonterman) - Mavs D-Town Crew Rookie, one of her dance videos was tagged under the #pictureyourselfhere tag DCC promoted

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 5/28/2023 at 11:19 AM, PepperM said:

IMG_1798.jpeg

I wonder if she left before the season started maybe the team wasn’t for her 

• Like 1
On 5/29/2023 at 2:38 PM, ...And5678 said:

These girls may be on your "maybes" list but these are a few others I've noticed. Some of them are a lot more circumstantial than others but there are at least some hints on social media:

-Alyssa B (@alyssanoelleb) - TCC 2022, former AAIA captain and TCU Showgirl, posted new headshot recently

-Amanda S (@amandasouks) - attends classes frequently, posted some things with the #pictureyourselfhere tag DCC promoted

-Mallory F (@malloryflores17) - posted new DCC-style headshot, was tagged on DCC alum Rachel W's beauty company instagram (@browningbeautyco)

-Samantha M (@samantha_mm) - AAIA 2yr vet, captain, attends classes frequently

-Melannie M (@melanniemontalvo) - AAIA rookie, attends classes frequently

-Anisha K (@anishakula) - former GSW and 49ers dancer, has posted a lot of dance videos recently including one with DCC rookie Amanda

-Skyy G. (@skyy.gonterman) - Mavs D-Town Crew Rookie, one of her dance videos was tagged under the #pictureyourselfhere tag DCC promoted

Yes, almost all of them are on my maybes list! I hadn’t seen Alyssa’s new headshot though, that puts her high up in my book 👀

Melannie is lowkey my dark horse this year, she’s young but she is SO precise and she’s been training with Jen for years. I want her on the team so badly. 

22 hours ago, Holly85 said:

I wonder if she left before the season started maybe the team wasn’t for her 

Maybe! I never saw her post anything about why she wasn’t there, but I do remember making it, so I was really confused when Mel kept posting videos and Darian wasn’t in any 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Love 1
49 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Yes, almost all of them are on my maybes list! I hadn’t seen Alyssa’s new headshot though, that puts her high up in my book 👀

Melannie is lowkey my dark horse this year, she’s young but she is SO precise and she’s been training with Jen for years. I want her on the team so badly. 

Maybe! I never saw her post anything about why she wasn’t there, but I do remember making it, so I was really confused when Mel kept posting videos and Darian wasn’t in any 🤷🏻‍♀️

Did you see on the picture of darian that finals will be in frisco at the star ? 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, PepperM said:

My only worry with Alyssa is whether or not she's fully recovered from her injury last year... I remember seeing a video a few weeks ago of her and Arianna and she didn't do a kick full out (she may have just missed it in the choreo but idk) They did take Zhenya last year when she was injured though, so she may still have a good chance!

Agreed on Melannie, her kicks are reeeally impressive. Heard a rumor since posting my list that she may be a possible finalist!  👀  If so I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it to at least TCC.

Edited by ...And5678
  • Like 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ...And5678 said:

My only worry with Alyssa is whether or not she's fully recovered from her injury last year... I remember seeing a video a few weeks ago of her and Arianna and she didn't do a kick full out (she may have just missed it in the choreo but idk) They did take Zhenya last year when she was injured though, so she may still have a good chance!

Agreed on Melannie, her kicks are reeeally impressive. Heard a rumor since posting my list that she may be a possible finalist!  👀  If so I wouldn't be surprised if she makes it to at least TCC.

Do we know if Alyssa even auditioned? 

12 minutes ago, ...And5678 said:

She did and I believe she made it to semis. I don't know about finals.

This audition season I feel like we may see some vet cuts Atleast 1-3 

• Sad 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Either vet cuts or a squad of more than 36/37 cause I don't think they want a rookie class of only 5 or 6 people. Hopefully no vets (or at least no vets that I like) get cut.

• Like 4
On 5/31/2023 at 7:44 PM, Holly85 said:

Idk why but I've been feeling the same sort of thing. It feels like that kind of year...

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Idk why but I've been feeling the same sort of thing. It feels like that kind of year...

To many returning veterans not enough open spots 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1