Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, PepperM said:

From Cami S’s story today - looks like confirmation that Cailey U did make finals but ultimately not TC

IMG_2037.jpeg

What changed with her hair (wig) after makeovers?
I can't spot the difference.

3 minutes ago, Kamal said:

What changed with her hair (wig) after makeovers?
I can't spot the difference.

It just looks like they curled it to me - sometimes all they do is show them how to DCC-ify their look with styling, so maybe that’s all they did with her?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, PepperM said:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CuKxYDsJ-QV/?igshid=Y2IzZGU1MTFhOQ==

Reel ends with her foot elevated and in a brace so I think this confirms it, plus caption confirms her being cut. She also acknowledges her issues with DCC style, so hopefully she’ll be back stronger and more ready next year. 

Good point.  I'd rather she pull out due to an injury (that wouldn't heal in time for the season) then get cut for reasons.  This gives her time to heal and fix whatever issues TPTB had with her for next year.  I'm hoping that Darian, Kalyn and Anisha come back for next year because they all have the look and the dancing (especially if they improve a LOT) that the DCC needs.  At least, in my opinion.

14 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

So from this, it looks like we have 1-2 cuts left before the final squad reveal. Is it just me or does it feel like people are getting cut too quickly? lol

I think it proves that the show drew out Training Camp far too long just for the drama and the suspense (and possibly other things).  I remember hearing that one of the major complaints about the show was that it made Training Camp too long, that Kelli/Judy/Charlotte/etc. probably already knew who they wanted in camp and could make the decisions more quickly, but that it was drawn out to get however many episodes they needed for that season, especially after the show went from being a half-hour long in the early seasons to an hour long (I'm including commercial breaks here) in later seasons.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
23 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I think it proves that the show drew out Training Camp far too long just for the drama and the suspense (and possibly other things).  I remember hearing that one of the major complaints about the show was that it made Training Camp too long, that Kelli/Judy/Charlotte/etc. probably already knew who they wanted in camp and could make the decisions more quickly, but that it was drawn out to get however many episodes they needed for that season, especially after the show went from being a half-hour long in the early seasons to an hour long (I'm including commercial breaks here) in later seasons.

I agree on the MTT episode quota, but I wonder when they have spots for 16 rookies again if they will need a longer training camp. 

• Like 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, StellaCL said:

I agree on the MTT episode quota, but I wonder when they have spots for 16 rookies again if they will need a longer training camp. 

It's been what, only two weeks or so since Training Camp started and it used to be almost 2 and a half months?  TPTB may make it longer if they have more spots but I doubt it's going to take them as long as it did during the show to fill those spots.  They'll probably go back to taking who they want and a few extras in case someone gets injured or just doesn't pan out like expected and be done with it in a month or a little more.

I also wouldn't be surprised if TPTB had continued with the practice of sending out videos of the dances ahead of time and expected the girls to have learned the dances ahead of time so that all they had to do in Training Camp was polish everything up and see how the girls do in person.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Like 6
46 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

It's been what, only two weeks or so since Training Camp started and it used to be almost 2 and a half months?  TPTB may make it longer if they have more spots but I doubt it's going to take them as long as it did during the show to fill those spots.  They'll probably go back to taking taking who they want and a few extras in case someone gets injured or just doesn't pan out like expected and be done with it in a month or a little more.

I also wouldn't be surprised if TPTB had continued with the practice of sending out videos of the dances ahead of time and expected the girls to have learned the dances ahead of time so that all they had to do in Training Camp was polish everything up and see how the girls do in person.

I always wonder who might have made the team in earlier years if they would have had the dance videos and the gift of time to learn and memorize the dances before training camp.  There was always a few dancers who were cut for weak memories.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 7/2/2023 at 4:55 PM, EricaShadows said:

It's been what, only two weeks or so since Training Camp started and it used to be almost 2 and a half months?  TPTB may make it longer if they have more spots but I doubt it's going to take them as long as it did during the show to fill those spots.  They'll probably go back to taking who they want and a few extras in case someone gets injured or just doesn't pan out like expected and be done with it in a month or a little more.

I think you are right about the videos in advance.  It puts the candidates on a more even playing field with the vets, and also allows a shorter training camp.  Also, it keeps the vets on their toes.  

On 7/2/2023 at 5:45 PM, Jazzmom said:

I always wonder who might have made the team in earlier years if they would have had the dance videos and the gift of time to learn and memorize the dances before training camp.  There was always a few dancers who were cut for weak memories.  

I think there were a few that would have benefited from having the choreo ahead of  time.  Auto Amy is the first that comes to mind.  She would have worked hard to get the dances down ahead of time and then she could have focused on her kicks. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
On 7/2/2023 at 3:45 PM, Jazzmom said:

I think Meghan Flaherty could DEFINITELY have used the videos as well as Malena.  I would have liked to see what could have happened if those two had access to the dances ahead of time and could work on polishing the rest of it up. 

Despite this, I think there are some girls who could have the dances down so solid outside of rehearsal that NOTHING could shake them on it, but the moment Kelli and Judy show up, even muscle memory and all the practice in the world couldn't help them and the dances just go right out the door.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Supposedly, Netflix just won a $50 million bidding war to do a 10 part documentary on Jerry Jones.  I wonder if the DCC are being filmed in relation to that.  Hopefully, they'll get another series devoted solely to them.  That's what I'm hoping for. 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2
On 7/2/2023 at 8:14 PM, Weeklydcc said:

FYI - Jacie is Head Coach of Vikings Cheerleaders (and Daphne runs the dance team at Pepperdine).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ct7eYHHy8Hd/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

The Vikings do a squad reveal at the Mall of America, which is about 20 minutes from my house.  Had I known Jacie would be there, I would have made the drive to see this.  The Vikes cheerleaders are more athletic and less dance than DCC so it will be interesting to see if this changes.

On 7/4/2023 at 7:50 PM, Weeklydcc said:

Supposedly, Netflix just won a $50 million bidding war to do a 10 part documentary on Jerry Jones.  I wonder if the DCC are being filmed in relation to that.  Hopefully, they'll get another series devoted solely to them.  That's what I'm hoping for. 

The Jerry thing is about the cowboys in the 1990’s (when they won), and any filming of DCC would not likely be part of that.  I do think this $50M includes the Jerry show, and a separate docu series on DCC. There are quite a few individual things that, when put together, make a DCC show seem pretty likely.

• Like 2
  • Useful 7
(edited)
5 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

The Vikings do a squad reveal at the Mall of America, which is about 20 minutes from my house.  Had I known Jacie would be there, I would have made the drive to see this.  The Vikes cheerleaders are more athletic and less dance than DCC so it will be interesting to see if this changes.

The Jerry thing is about the cowboys in the 1990’s (when they won), and any filming of DCC would not likely be part of that.  I do think this $50M includes the Jerry show, and a separate docu series on DCC. There are quite a few individual things that, when put together, make a DCC show seem pretty likely.

Weren't the behind the scenes photos of DCC alumni? Maybe they were DCCs from the 90s talking about their experience cheering for the Cowboys during that time. I don't know I'm just speculating.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

I was thinking the same...had I known Jacie was there I would have gone to MOA too. I'm about an hour away. I'm very exited to see what changes she makes. 😄

• Like 3
16 hours ago, vanillagum said:

i can't imagine netflix just picking up the show where it left off...it just seems so dated? there has to be more to it. or maybe i'm wrong lol 

I think if there is something on Netflix it will be very different from MTT.  More documentary less reality.  

• Like 6
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

She posted a video on her IG at a prep class by Jenn Amburn. https://www.instagram.com/p/CuHZyIPApkm/

She’s going to be a guest judge/exhibitor at Jen’s upcoming NBA/NHL prep intensive featuring her dancewear line. Sounds like she’s going whole hog into that rather than dancing anywhere else.

On a separate topic, Anna Kate and Zoe are  certainly still in per Insta stories today. Have we heard about any further cuts?

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2086.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, PepperM said:

She’s going to be a guest judge/exhibitor at Jen’s upcoming NBA/NHL prep intensive featuring her dancewear line. Sounds like she’s going whole hog into that rather than dancing anywhere else.

On a separate topic, Anna Kate and Zoe are  certainly still in per Insta stories today. Have we heard about any further cuts?

IMG_2087.jpeg

IMG_2086.jpeg

They haven’t been in training camp the last cuts the made were June 30th were they cut 4 ladies !! Two more to go 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 2
4 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They haven’t been in training camp the last cuts the made were June 30th were they cut 4 ladies !! Two more to go 

That makes sense, having the holiday week off to see family and such.

Becca posted her goodbye a few hours ago on IG, but I guess we did know about her already!

IMG_2091.jpeg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Holly85 said:

From what I understand, it was 3 cuts and Anisha supposedly resigned due to injury.

• Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

From what I understand, it was 3 cuts and Anisha supposedly resigned due to injury.

She never really came out and said she resigned though but her injury could of been the reason for sure 

Edited by Holly85
15 hours ago, Holly85 said:

She never really came out and said she resigned though but her injury could of been the reason for sure 

Yeah her caption on her post about no longer being in training camp said "And hopefully one day I'll be able to nail the DCC technique and style of dance" and used the hashtag #sickledandsizzlingclub

Which to me suggests that she was in fact cut. Her injury may have factored into it (a la Alyssa's cut last year) but at the end of the day I'm thinking it was still a cut. Nothing against her though! Just my observation based on her post.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
On 7/4/2023 at 5:33 PM, EricaShadows said:

I think Meghan Flaherty could DEFINITELY have used the videos as well as Malena.  I would have liked to see what could have happened if those two had access to the dances ahead of time and could work on polishing the rest of it up. 

Despite this, I think there are some girls who could have the dances down so solid outside of rehearsal that NOTHING could shake them on it, but the moment Kelli and Judy show up, even muscle memory and all the practice in the world couldn't help them and the dances just go right out the door.

I agree that videos would have helped some of the past TCCs to learn some choreo better, but I do not think it ultimately would have helped someone who was cut to make the team. I think that if you aren't good at learning a lot of choreography quickly and precisely, you just can't be a DCC. TCCs like Meghan, Kendall, Malena, etc. practiced all those dances hundreds of times and could not land the steps consistently. (I know Kendall and Malena also worked full time and this limits practice too.) Having more time with videos would have helped them learn those particular dances better, maybe, but that would not substitute for the needed skills of learning quickly and making last minute adjustments reliably. 

There also are challenges to learning from video that could  work against a TCC (or vet) who isn't strong at picking up choreography with precision. There is no one on hand to correct in real time when you are learning steps incorrectly, and by the time they get to group practice, the moves are not wired in the brain right and making correction can be hard. I think the same ones who struggle picking up choreography in the studio likely also are ones who have a hard time learning from video with accuracy.

• Like 2

Supposedly the 2nd group leaders have been chosen.   If true, Jada is 2nd GL for Group 1, Armani is 2nd GL for Group 2, Dani is 2nd GL for Group 3, and Megan is 2nd GL for Group 4.

Here's the post I found it; 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

Michelle Keys celebrated her birthday with a choreography session in training camp - this was all the pink I could see. 

I think I see Zoe, Anna Kate, Cami, Brooklyn, and Taylor? I forget, who did they turn into a redhead during makeovers?

IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, PepperM said:

Michelle Keys celebrated her birthday with a choreography session in training camp - this was all the pink I could see. 

I think I see Zoe, Anna Kate, Cami, Brooklyn, and Taylor? I forget, who did they turn into a redhead during makeovers?

IMG_2100.jpeg

IMG_2099.jpeg

IMG_2098.jpeg

The one they turned red they cut her soon after 

• Mind Blown 1
7 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Supposedly the 2nd group leaders have been chosen.   If true, Jada is 2nd GL for Group 1, Armani is 2nd GL for Group 2, Dani is 2nd GL for Group 3, and Megan is 2nd GL for Group 4.

Here's the post I found it; 

Shocked to not see VK in a GL spot!  She’s going for year four…any GLs with less tenure than her?  Is she the only one from her class to not get some recognition?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

Shocked to not see VK in a GL spot!  She’s going for year four…any GLs with less tenure than her?  Is she the only one from her class to not get some recognition?

Megan is the only 3rd year vet in a second group leader spot. Darian, Jessica, and Elli are the other 4th years that didn't get a spot. 

• Like 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Holly85 said:

The one they turned red they cut her soon after 

I think they are seeing Charly, who is a natural red head.

8 hours ago, Blue hues said:

I don’t think this is about her tenure with the team or receiving recognition. Some people are not cut out to be leaders, and some people can’t handle the stress of being a leader, but she does seem like the type to be a good example for the TCCs.  Proud of her for stepping up and working with Zoe.

Edited by aimeelou625
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Whoo boy, I only got one strong contender right. That TCC being Brooklyn. I had a few of these other TCCs in the maybe category. But there were definitely some cut that I thought for sure would make the team this year. My assessment of the rookies (if cuts are done and they keep the team at 36). 

Anna Kate - She's prepared. She's Caroline jr. She will probably have a great season because she didn't come into this with any blinders on.
Brooklyn - She's their stunner. I expect her to shine.
Camille - Drop dead gorgeous. I see her struggling to keep up with the Pros at first. I hope she continues to get better and better and never gives them a reason to do the rookie trial then cut that they love at next auditions.
Kennedy - Super blenderific look. She has strong clips posted, I expect her to be a strong performer. They have certainly glammed up others, so we will see how she evolves.
McKenna - She's got a great look. I have heard she is a strong TCC. I had a feeling judges would love her. She reminds me of Kleine in a way, we will see if that stays true.
Reece - They must really like her dancing because her look is only one thing, and yikes, animal carcasses. I expect this TCC to SHINE since she got a spot. Do not disappoint.
Taylor - LOVE a comeback. LOVE that she is from the PNW. Can't wait to see how she performs with the team. I think she will be strong.
Zoe - Same advice as Camille. Don't give them any reason to do the rookie trial and cut next auditions. She also needs a glammed up look - she looks so young, needs to evolve into the DCC woman (not girly) look.

Congrats to these ladies if the team is final!

Sad to see Leah, Anisha, and Charly go. I hope Ariana moves on to another team like the Raiderettes, because DCC just isn't working for her. I wonder who will try again next year, and who we may see in training camp. Statistically there are usually 2-3 prior TCCs in each training camp. I hope to at least see Anisha again.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

I think everyone and their mom was shocked that Charly got cut. She was probably the only TCC I was truly rooting for. But congrats to the 8 remaining girls. Now that we know the final roster is 36 that means no one will be forced to sit out of the Thunderstruck dance, which is always a plus for me. But also this means that this is the shortest rookie class since 2010 (who also had 8 rookies) We also get a new sister duo in Caroline and Anna Kate, something we haven't seen since 2011 with Ashton and Alyssa (although Caroline has already retired, it's still cool to see) And congratulations to Taylor for being the newest addition to the comeback girl list. 

Now comes the fun part (for me at least) and that is figuring out who's gonna be the center girl of the squad photo. I think it's gonna be between Kelcey and Chandi, but they could throw a massive curveball at us and pick someone else. I personally think it should be a brunette since the veteran roster is majority blonde, but if they do decide to pick a blonde for the center spot then I would bet my money on Dani, Tori, and Madeline. But we'll see what happens.

And for the love of God please make the squad photo IRL this year, I am soooo tired of the bad photoshop job that they are doing with the squad photo. I can't take it anymore lol

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, ThatOneChick said:

I think it probably helped that Marissa G and Reece W are friends. Plus, we know Kelly likes former pageant girls. 

What is Reece’s pageant background?  What makes her pageant background more appealing to Kelli, than the Minchews?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ...And5678 said:

Per discussion on Reddit, Charly and Ariana were the final cuts made last night.

Charly and Ariana were two of my assumed locks!! 

Charly seems to be a really talented dancer, so I'd be surprised if she struggled with the style

Ariana has got such a traditional DCC look, tbh I thought she'd be a Kelly girl-crush for sure

• Like 2
On 7/9/2023 at 2:36 PM, SPED.Teacher said:

There's nothing wrong with hunting. 

Sure, it’s a great source for food for many, and here in Missouri, I know it helps with over population. But you can see where it’s off-putting for many to scroll through and see a beaming smile next to a dead animal, yes? 

And I say this from my parent’s rural home where I’ve already seen six deer this morning and there’s plenty of meat in the freezer. It’s never going to not be weird to me to scroll through an instagram full of sparkles, dancing and BAM look what I just killed.

At any rate, congrats to the ones that made the team! I know we’re all missing the show. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6