Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Congratulations to the 2023 squad! Devastating veteran cut for Christina, though. She was very sweet and I loved seeing the support her rookie sisters (and some vets) have given her!

I'm looking at the Wikipedia page for DCC: MTT - do we know for sure who was in last year's Show Group?

And if there are any hints for this year's Show Group?

• Like 2
12 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

Congratulations to the 2023 squad! Devastating veteran cut for Christina, though. She was very sweet and I loved seeing the support her rookie sisters (and some vets) have given her!

I'm looking at the Wikipedia page for DCC: MTT - do we know for sure who was in last year's Show Group?

And if there are any hints for this year's Show Group?

They didn't have an official show group last year. No idea if they will have one this year or not.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I don't know why I can't get quote tweet to work right now, so let me try this:

Congrats to the new squad! I *really hope we get to see at least a special on training camp and/or this year's team. I love that Anna Kate made it, and I'd love to see the TCCs and find out what's what behind some of the somewhat surprising cuts. Regarding Charly's cut, I see two reasonable possibilities, given that she was seen as such a strong performer: she just struggled with DCC style like Meredith did for years or she was some kind of ambassador risk/awkward spokesperson. I know nothing about her aside from she was seen by members of this group as one of the most talented TCCs, so I am not insinuating anything. Just thinking that she might have been a strong dance candidate but struggled with the media portion of auditions like Tori or Ashlinn did their first time in training camp. I presume if she had some questionable social media posts like Ava did in season 16, y'all would have found that out by now and let us know.

As for guessing who gets center of the photo: I concur that Kelcey and Chandi seem the most likely candidates since Claire was center this last year. I have been big fans of both women since their TCC season and I was rooting for both to be leaders and in the triangle before they retired. 

About 2nd group leaders: I love these choices! There always are more great candidates than positions, and I had seen Darian as a strong contender. I am very happy for Megan, as she was one of my favorites of her rookie class and she seemed to have slayed last year, going by comments former DCCs made on social media video posts of her (especially the Halloween halftime show). Her musicality is awesome, she seems like a person filled with light, and she has leadership experience with a national-champion team. I was rooting for Megan, Kellee and KayDianna to be the 3rd years to be contenders for 2nd GL. Also pumped for Armani and Jada. I had thought Jada might be overshadowed by other members of her very strong rookie class, and I'm happy to see she hasn't been. I also was rooting for Jessica or Dani to be 2nd GLs, but again, there are way more great candidates for these positions than slots available. This sounds like a great set of leader pairings and a strong leadership group for the season.

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, M1977G said:

I don't know why I can't get quote tweet to work right now, so let me try this:

Congrats to the new squad! I *really hope we get to see at least a special on training camp and/or this year's team. I love that Anna Kate made it, and I'd love to see the TCCs and find out what's what behind some of the somewhat surprising cuts. Regarding Charly's cut, I see two reasonable possibilities, given that she was seen as such a strong performer: she just struggled with DCC style like Meredith did for years or she was some kind of ambassador risk/awkward spokesperson. I know nothing about her aside from she was seen by members of this group as one of the most talented TCCs, so I am not insinuating anything. Just thinking that she might have been a strong dance candidate but struggled with the media portion of auditions like Tori or Ashlinn did their first time in training camp. I presume if she had some questionable social media posts like Ava did in season 16, y'all would have found that out by now and let us know.

As for guessing who gets center of the photo: I concur that Kelcey and Chandi seem the most likely candidates since Claire was center this last year. I have been big fans of both women since their TCC season and I was rooting for both to be leaders and in the triangle before they retired. 

About 2nd group leaders: I love these choices! There always are more great candidates than positions, and I had seen Darian as a strong contender. I am very happy for Megan, as she was one of my favorites of her rookie class and she seemed to have slayed last year, going by comments former DCCs made on social media video posts of her (especially the Halloween halftime show). Her musicality is awesome, she seems like a person filled with light, and she has leadership experience with a national-champion team. I was rooting for Megan, Kellee and KayDianna to be the 3rd years to be contenders for 2nd GL. Also pumped for Armani and Jada. I had thought Jada might be overshadowed by other members of her very strong rookie class, and I'm happy to see she hasn't been. I also was rooting for Jessica or Dani to be 2nd GLs, but again, there are way more great candidates for these positions than slots available. This sounds like a great set of leader pairings and a strong leadership group for the season.

Dani is Gl 2 for group 3 

• Useful 1
On 7/15/2023 at 7:45 AM, kalibean said:

Sure, it’s a great source for food for many, and here in Missouri, I know it helps with over population. But you can see where it’s off-putting for many to scroll through and see a beaming smile next to a dead animal, yes? 

And I say this from my parent’s rural home where I’ve already seen six deer this morning and there’s plenty of meat in the freezer. It’s never going to not be weird to me to scroll through an instagram full of sparkles, dancing and BAM look what I just killed.

At any rate, congrats to the ones that made the team! I know we’re all missing the show. 

Do y’all remember when everyone’s fave Amber said she shoots Quail (at the etiquette luncheon)? 🥴

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
11 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Do y’all remember when everyone’s fave Amber said she shoots Quail (at the etiquette luncheon)? 🥴

Shoots? I thought quail was seafood 🤣

• LOL 12
(edited)
On 7/14/2023 at 4:58 PM, aimeelou625 said:

I don’t think this is about her tenure with the team or receiving recognition. Some people are not cut out to be leaders, and some people can’t handle the stress of being a leader,

Agree, I think it comes with quite a bit of responsibility and you’ll need a lot of respect and support from your team mates. GL often lead and assist at training nights, so you’ll need to be able to teach too. There are plenty examples of younger/less senior team mates being selected over older veterans. JennK particularly comes to mind here who became a second leader in her 2nd year.

Edited by LilyD
Spelling mistake: TL replaced by GL
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, LilyD said:

Agree, I think it comes with quite a bit of responsibility and you’ll need a lot of respect and support from your team mates. GL often lead and assist at training nights, so you’ll need to be able to teach too. There are plenty examples of younger/less senior team mates being selected over older veterans. JennK particularly comes to mind here who became a second leader in her 2nd year.

I know youger tenured people can become GLs, I was just surprised it was Jada.

I never thought her as a leader type but I guess I was wrong.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Kamal said:

I know youger tenured people can become GLs, I was just surprised it was Jada.

I never thought her as a leader type but I guess I was wrong.

Same. I never really thought of her as the leader type, but good for her nonetheless. I'm sure she'll do a great job.

I found my predictions for group leaders and I managed to get 6 out of 8 correctly. 

My Predictions
1st Leaders: Kelcey, Claire, Chandi, McKenzie
2nd Leaders: Armani, Dani, Victoria, Darian

Actual Group Leaders
1st Leaders: Kelcey, McKenzie, Claire, Chandi
2nd Leaders: Jada, Armani, Dani, Megan

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Kamal said:

Marissa about her first year of auditioning and social media and primetime.

https://www.tiktok.com/@themarissagarrison/video/7248064462975175982

This actually made me really sad to hear, about us. I know there was a period of time of extreme negativity that this board went through.  Perhaps that was a reflection of what everyone has gone through over the last couple of years. Negativity and hate permeated EVERY forum, EVERY platform, and throughout the nation in almost every situation.  I hope I have never said anything that would cause any of these ladies to literally cry themselves to sleep at night. I have been on this board a really long time, and I know the majority of us very much love this organization and all of these women and all of the joy that it’s brought to our lives.  I hate that this is the perception out there about us. We were here, admiring these ladies, and their hard work, way before Reddit ever was.  Personally speaking, this board has been there through the good the bad and the ugly. I know I for one have always appreciated the DCC fellowship and camaraderie you all have provided.  ESPECIALLY in the absence of the show, which meant so much to me.

🫶

• Like 4
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Also… Hey Marissa, those that have published their own social media faux-pas, not ought to throw stones. Just sayin’.🤷🏼‍♀️

Also shouldn’t throw stones when your friends and family are kicked off of Facebook groups and other forums for bullying 

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 7
22 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

This actually made me really sad to hear, about us. I know there was a period of time of extreme negativity that this board went through.  Perhaps that was a reflection of what everyone has gone through over the last couple of years. Negativity and hate permeated EVERY forum, EVERY platform, and throughout the nation in almost every situation.  I hope I have never said anything that would cause any of these ladies to literally cry themselves to sleep at night. I have been on this board a really long time, and I know the majority of us very much love this organization and all of these women and all of the joy that it’s brought to our lives.  I hate that this is the perception out there about us. We were here, admiring these ladies, and their hard work, way before Reddit ever was.  Personally speaking, this board has been there through the good the bad and the ugly. I know I for one have always appreciated the DCC fellowship and camaraderie you all have provided.  ESPECIALLY in the absence of the show, which meant so much to me.

🫶

In the past there was some horrible, horrendous negativity here. But this specific forum doesn't really allow for push back on the negativity or you get banned. So the negativity can appear to be a pile on, even though most of us would rather have no trolls here and do not support what was posted. Additionally, the CMT boards were vile. I was there, briefly. And I have heard that TWOP was the absolute worst of all of them.

But the negativity on PT slowly started going away, even before the show ended. Maybe that is because the Reddit forum was gaining users and that format allows for upvote, downvote, and specific comments back. PT evolved into a place for true fans, and it is obvious we love the DCC and MTT. Now this is all we have in absence of the show.

Marissa doesn't quite get that. Never been on the fan side of things I suppose. And good for them if they don't stop by enough to really understand the camaraderie here between those of us left - they are all amazing and really should try to censor out any negativity to fully enjoy their DCC years. But I too felt that sadness in response to her comments - most of us aren't here for gossip and bullying. Her suggestion of sending a private instagram message is not nearly the same as having a place to go discuss and enjoy all things DCC amongst like-minded fans. Also, it's hard for me to fully digest her censorship comments about forums even existing when they all go fully into it knowing the precedence of reality TV .... both the internet and reality TV were around years before they were even born. It just came off as a very narrow and thin view 🙁

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I wasn’t really a big fan in the early days, because WOW her social media was just…no thank you. I didn’t love the comments about her physical appearance, tho, because that’s just not necessary.  She has a different look than some but overall is super cute. Plus, she’s an amazing dancer. I know her skills on the dance floor won me over quickly, especially since she had seemed to gain some self awareness about her social media presence.

There’s always going to be a part of me that wishes the DCC was 21+ because of the show. For one, it’s awkward AF for all the old men perving on a teenager in a sexy costume, but also to give them a few more years of development to handle the spotlight.

When they act like the mentally developing teenagers that they are, having it stuck forever on camera and then broadcast to the world can’t be easy. And that’s unfortunately the price paid for chasing this particular dream and dance job. I enjoyed the show but fully acknowledge that part sucks. Not all of the 18-19 year olds  seemed to have issues, but for every Lacey or Maddie there’s probably three Holly, Caila, Marissa, Taylor, etc. 

I’m beyond thankful those years for me were just before social media took off. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Saw all the comments on PT, Reddit and fan forums, so thought I'd add some very brief 2 cents. 

I've been on this forum with different names over the course of several years. I will admit, in particular when it comes to Marissa, that yes some comments and users did probably cross many lines. That being said, I do have to raise some eyebrows when I hear her say things along the lines of "These forums shouldn't exist." No, I reject that. Forums, especially Primetimer, help keep the DCCs and the organization grounded. Holds them accountable. Maybe many of them don't like it, but people are allowed free speech. Also, is it not part of being on a TV show? You want fame, attention ... but only positive attention? Part of being an adult is realizing that not everyone is going to like, agree or want to praise you. (It's one of my growing issues with Reddit. The downvote button means that only certain views are really allowed, while dissenting ones are hidden. I may not agree with every other user here, but I am more than willing to engage in discussion. In Reddit, there isn't a whole lot of discussion. )

Anyways, I would think Marissa and her fans/family still follow this forum since she's talking about it. Perhaps she would like to actually come on here and address these "issues" or "bullying" instances? Or maybe she doesn't want step outside her tiktok bubble? 

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I feel like this board is super mild compared to Reddit and especially to Facebook groups. But Marissa and anyone else are entitled to feel what they feel. 🤷‍♀️ 

But yes, bottom line, don’t put yourself in the public on social media saying “look at me” and expect all positive comments. That’s immature and stupid 25 years after Internet forums started.

• Like 8

I try to just downvote the ridiculous posts on Reddit and engage with the better ones. It’s a great system when it’s used as intended. 

I like both options since there’s a variety of peeps who follow the older DCCs and post wedding pictures and life updates. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Yes but nothing to do with shooting anything 

Do you have source?

Maybe there not posting?

Maybe they chose to do shooting in the begging so the rookies can be in next year's calendar.

• Useful 1
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Do you have source?

Maybe there not posting?

Maybe they chose to do shooting in the begging so the rookies can be in next year's calendar.

Do you mean beginning !! This trip was 100 percent not about calendar and also 2024 swim calendars are already printed !! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
33 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Do you have source?

Maybe there not posting?

They haven’t included rookies since Sarah Shahi made the cover as a rookie and then quit a few weeks later.  It’s probably their new bonding trip instead of camping out like they used to do 

• Like 2

I am 99.99% sure they did not shoot anything photography campaign related, like the calendar, because TPTB’s long time and favorite photographer Michael Voorhees commented on Dani’s post “You guys better not be shooting without me? 😫😫😫

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
7 minutes ago, TVaddict2355 said:

I am 99.99% sure they did not shoot anything photography campaign related, like the calendar, because TPTB’s long time and favorite photographer Michael Voorhees commented on Dani’s post “You guys better not be shooting without me? 😫😫😫

It was very much a team relaxation trip 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They haven’t included rookies since Sarah Shahi made the cover as a rookie and then quit a few weeks later.  It’s probably their new bonding trip instead of camping out like they used to do 

Yes they have. They may not have made the calendar if they ended up getting cut, but rookies have gone on the calendar trip. 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Yes they have. They may not have made the calendar if they ended up getting cut, but rookies have gone on the calendar trip. 

I meant as in just made the team, fresh out of TC rookies.  Now rookies who have completed a football season go

• Like 4
2 hours ago, aimeelou625 said:

This makes me so sad!  He was always a big smile on the show…

IMG_1045.jpeg

Just saw this on the DCC Twitter. 
Devastated - he was such a huge part of the show. 
Loved seeing him during the auditions rounds. 
Huge loss. 
RIP Sir. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 10

Phil was so awesome.  He became a part of the DCC lore.  Such a great personality.  He unveiled the candidates for years before MTT, so it wasn't just for the show.  And only 62?  Wow, that's so sad.  I can hear his voice pumping up the ladies as I write this.  RIP Phil.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Love 9
On 7/27/2023 at 12:49 PM, Holly85 said:

It was very much a team relaxation trip 

Other than the new DCC and the retired ones, did the entire team go to Mexico?  How many DCC went?  Who didn’t go, due to work or school conflicts?  Any staff or legacy moms go?  And did the entire group then fly to Oxnard CA for Cowboys training camp?  

21 minutes ago, Blue hues said:

Other than the new DCC and the retired ones, did the entire team go to Mexico?  How many DCC went?  Who didn’t go, due to work or school conflicts?  Any staff or legacy moms go?  And did the entire group then fly to Oxnard CA for Cowboys training camp?  

I think all 36 went to Mexico with some staff for team bonding. They came home for a day then 16 went to Oxnard.

The Oxnard 16 are:

Kelcey, Chandi, McKenzie, Claire, Jada, Dani, Darian, Victoria,  Megan, KayDianna, Kelee, Tori, Ashlinn, Kally, Kylie, Sophy

Armani should be there. I haven’t heard a reason why she missed it.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

All 36 including the new rookies went to Mexico Judy Kelli Haley and a few other staff members including their summer intern went then they came home for one day and then the 16 flew to California for cowboys training camp 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
On 7/28/2023 at 10:38 PM, Holly85 said:

All 36 including the new rookies went to Mexico Judy Kelli Haley and a few other staff members including their summer intern went then they came home for one day and then the 16 flew to California for cowboys training camp 

Nice perk!  All expense paid?  That summer intern also lucked out!  So the photos show the DCC sitting in coach, were Kelli and Judy in first class?  And Haley flew commercial??  

• Like 2
Just now, Blue hues said:

Nice perk!  All expense paid?  That summer intern also lucked out!  So the photos show the DCC sitting in coach, were Kelli and Judy in first class?  And Haley flew commercial??  

I have no clue where Kelli and Judy sat or Haley 

• Like 1
On 7/27/2023 at 6:17 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I meant as in just made the team, fresh out of TC rookies.  Now rookies who have completed a football season go

That's right! I don't know how long they've been doing this, but hasn't calendar shoot been in April for a while? So no way could the fresh out of TC rookies have been on the shoot. I think this is where my confusion came from, come April I thought the rookies (who would be 2 year candidates) weren't allowed to go, but that was false.

• Like 2

Current squad question: What is the latest tea on if the show is going to come back on any viewing service?   My summer is definitely missing what was...don't have any other show to fill the void

Edited by sATL
  • Like 5

So having watched the recent DCC instas etc.. was lovely to see Darian front and centre. Goodness, she’s just so pretty. 
Can someone remind me where she is in terms of the triangle/leadership?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, DocBrown said:

So having watched the recent DCC instas etc.. was lovely to see Darian front and centre. Goodness, she’s just so pretty. 
Can someone remind me where she is in terms of the triangle/leadership?

Triangle position isn’t known and she isn’t in a leadership spot 

• Thanks 1
On 7/17/2023 at 11:54 AM, StellaCL said:

They didn't have an official show group last year. No idea if they will have one this year or not.

why no official SG? surely there were places to go perform..

• Like 1

Oxnard formations in case anyone cares lol

Kelcey

Chandi       McKenzie

Dani           Claire           Megan

Ashlinn         Tori               Jada              KD

?             Kelee                               Jessica       Darian

Claire

Chandi          Kelcey

Dani         McKenzie       Megan

Ashlinn       Tori               Jada             KD

?            Kelee                               Jessica       Darian