Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

On 4/22/2023 at 3:08 PM, StepKickClunk said:

I was also shocked and saddened by Marissa’s injury/retirement.  Crap happens, injuries happen, but I really wanted to see her go 5 or 6 years old school style.  

I suppose there is always a chance she could return next year.  I have heard that she is going to be an All Star, so will keep connected.  But, with getting married, who can tell.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Christineelgene said:

I suppose there is always a chance she could return next year.  I have heard that she is going to be an All Star, so will keep connected.  But, with getting married, who can tell.

Any idea who the other All Stars will be? Returning and new?

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

IMG_0646.jpeg

This looks like footage from last season, check the makeover pics in the lower left corner.

When the cheerleaders themselves are so good at social media/video editing, why not just have them run the official DCC channels? Of course, pay them for when they do too!

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

When the cheerleaders themselves are so good at social media/video editing, why not just have them run the official DCC channels? Of course, pay them for when they do too!

Kleine has a degree in Computer Animation and Design, so your idea is definitely a good one

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Useful 3
3 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

If auditions can start being submitted tomorrow… have I missed the end of season banquet, rookie/vet of the year etc? 
Or has it not been announced? 

Looks like banquet hasn’t been done yet 

43 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

Looks like banquet hasn’t been done yet 

May 4 is the banquet

47 minutes ago, DocBrown said:

If auditions can start being submitted tomorrow… have I missed the end of season banquet, rookie/vet of the year etc? 
Or has it not been announced? 

The banquet is this Thursday May 4

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Are they still doing auditions where people submit clips as opposed to the glory days of the cattle call at the stadium?  (Those were always my favorite episodes of the season.)

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Are they still doing auditions where people submit clips as opposed to the glory days of the cattle call at the stadium?  (Those were always my favorite episodes of the season.)

Yes.  Auditions are video.  Submissions start today and go through May 12

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

It's amazing how Marissa got hate her Rookie year and now everyone is crying for her retirement. She was great. I really wanted to see her become a GL.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Kamal said:

It's amazing how Marissa got hate her Rookie year and now everyone is crying for her retirement. She was great. I really wanted to see her become a GL.

I think, but for her injury, she would have stayed longer.  I heard she will be an All Star, but no confirmation on that

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 5/3/2023 at 8:17 AM, Kamal said:

I think "hate" is too strong a word.  I see it over used so much on SM. 

Isn't it great though that many of us, myself included, came around to seeing Marissa in a new light?  Once she moved on from her former fiancé, she really grew on me.  I think she would have made a dynamic point girl and hope she's able to perform as an All Star.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, go4luca said:

I think "hate" is too strong a word.  I see it over used so much on SM. 

Isn't it great though that many of us, myself included, came around to seeing Marissa in a new light?  Once she moved on from her former fiancé, she really grew on me.  I think she would have made a dynamic point girl and hope she's able to perform as an All Star.

Wait, what? I don’t remember the gossip on that. Please explain

10 minutes ago, Uk-Eve said:

Explain what?  What gossip?  If you know her history, you know.  Unless someone else here wants to explain. 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Uk-Eve said:

Marissa & her former boyfriend made dumb videos on tik tok. Her parents were posting on here (anonymously) when she was auditioning. She ended up leaving the boyfriend because her was abusive to her. That's all I can remember.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Marissa & her former boyfriend made dumb videos on tik tok. Her parents were posting on here (anonymously) when she was auditioning. She ended up leaving the boyfriend because her was abusive to her. That's all I can remember.

Oh what were her parents saying? I haven’t read forums in ages

2 hours ago, DizzySometimes86 said:

The DCC Banquet was last night. I haven't been able to catch who were ROTY & VOTY, and the confirmed retirees this year! 

Does anybody know? 

Seems like they are being tight with the info.  Nothing has been posted.

(edited)
2 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

Seems like they are being tight with the info.  Nothing has been posted.

ETA:  Caroline won VOTY and Amanda won ROTY!

Edited by go4luca
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, J-R said:

Any news on who is retiring?

No one that has not already announced:  Caroline, Jalyn, Kat, Ashlee, Marissa, And Tyra.  But they are keeping a tight lid on the banquet so there may have been more, but not yet made public.

• Like 5
(edited)
46 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Caroline not Carolyn. 

Fixed.  That's what happens when you post ahead of your morning IV of caffeine. 😁

Edited by go4luca
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Christineelgene said:

No one that has not already announced:  Caroline, Jalyn, Kat, Ashlee, Marissa, And Tyra.  But they are keeping a tight lid on the banquet so there may have been more, but not yet made public.

Speaking of keeping a tight lid on the banquet.

It looks like McKenzie did not attend. I guess that makes sense since her wedding is in her hometown this weekend.

I have not seen one photo (or post) from Jalyn, Kelcey, Ashlinn, or Lea. I can't image the first group leaders not attending, but I am curious if anyone else missed the banquet besides McKenzie.

Edited by StellaCL
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, StellaCL said:

Speaking of keeping a tight lid on the banquet.

It looks like McKenzie did not attend. I guess that makes sense since her wedding is in her hometown this weekend.

I have not seen one photo (or post) from Jalyn, Kelcey, Ashlinn, or Lea. I can't image the first group leaders not attending, but I am curious if anyone else missed the banquet besides McKenzie.

Here you go.

leatunnell_1683311151_1 PT.jpg

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Here you go.

leatunnell_1683311151_1 PT.jpg

I love the white and the blue dresses, but that peachy one is not to my taste.  The color always seems a little too close to flesh tone on some people and it's a little short.  It does look good on her though.

• Like 4
48 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Amanda also got married today.  Chandi, Kelcey, and Kat were bridesmaids 

IMG_0739.jpeg

And their rookie sister Kristin also attended. Not sure about other DCC.

• Like 1
On 5/4/2023 at 3:14 PM, Uk-Eve said:

It was more that everyone was getting annoyed with her, IIRC. Like @MrsEVH said, she and her boyfriend posted a bunch of very immature and occasionally insensitive or disrespectful TikToks. A lot of people were surprised TPTB let that happen since some of them could have been construed as damaging to the DCC brand. Her friends and family were also super OTT on social media supporting her, and there was definitely speculation that they were creating fake accounts on various platforms to make it seem like she had more fans than she did. It was just a lot of exposure and everyone got really fed up with it.

• Like 4
23 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Finals is on June 17th

It’s going to be interesting to see how they will do finals since the stadium won’t have a field down 

• Like 1

Prediction for triangle: (For the second formation, Kelcey/Claire switch and Chandi/McKenzie switch)

Kelcey

Claire         Chandi

KD           Dani        McKenzie

Darian       Tori           Armani           Elli

Ashlinn       VK          Jada          Jessica         Kelee

• Like 1
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Prediction for triangle: (For the second formation, Kelcey/Claire switch and Chandi/McKenzie switch)

Kelcey

Claire         Chandi

Seeing Armani, Darian, Ellie, behind KD makes me sad.

I'm not all for seniority but, I don't they are weaker than KD hence would like the 4th years in front of a 3rd year...

I know they love KD though

• Like 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kamal said:

Kelcey

Claire         Chandi

My predictions for the 1st few rows of the triangle:

Kelcey

McKenzie         Chandi

Armani       Claire          Tori

Jessica    Jada          VK      Darian 

KD     Kelee      Dani     Elli     Kleine 

I've got Claire and Kelcey switching off as point (it seems like they usually put 2nd point in diamond position) & McKenzie completing the diamond since she made SG as a rookie

I imagine VK wouldn't be too far back in the formation and she needs Jada to balance her height

Working on this made me wonder, is it better to be further up in the formation or more on the outside? Like would you rather be in the middle of the 4th row or the outside of the 6th row?

Edited by HitItHarder..BAM
Tried to fix formatting
  • Like 3
2 hours ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I imagine VK wouldn't be too far back in the formation and she needs Jada to balance her height

Jessica can match her hight. 

Jada is too tall to be put anywhere else than the middle of 5th row.

• Like 1