Type keyword(s) to search

The Process: Auditions, Training Camp and Squad

• Start Topic

Just did a Rally Day tour of AT&T Stadium before tomorrow’s game and got to meet Kelsey and Darian. They are even prettier than imaginable and we know they are pretty women. Wow! Definitely looking forward to seeing Kelcey as point in person now.

I will take lots of sideline, quarter change and performance video and share the links here afterwards for anyone interested. There’s some sort of pink halftime performance that reminds me perhaps of the Season 7 halftime?

• Like 1
  • Love 22
16 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

Just did a Rally Day tour of AT&T Stadium before tomorrow’s game and got to meet Kelsey and Darian. They are even prettier than imaginable and we know they are pretty women. Wow! Definitely looking forward to seeing Kelcey as point in person now.

I will take lots of sideline, quarter change and performance video and share the links here afterwards for anyone interested. There’s some sort of pink halftime performance that reminds me perhaps of the Season 7 halftime?

Enjoy the game! Can't wait to see the photos/videos. 

• Love 4

Hi all - first upload as I’m flying home. Here is the pink halftime show from today’s Lions game. The first minute is them walking to place, so scrub forward as necessary. I’ll upload the other clips probably tomorrow. I have Thunder and the quarter changes and limited sidelines - turns out the seats were amazing for the game, but not great for taping DCC. Ah well, it was a great experience all around!

https://youtu.be/fc7LX9sSVEk

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

Hi all - first upload as I’m flying home. Here is the pink halftime show from today’s Lions game. The first minute is them walking to place, so scrub forward as necessary. I’ll upload the other clips probably tomorrow. I have Thunder and the quarter changes and limited sidelines - turns out the seats were amazing for the game, but not great for taping DCC. Ah well, it was a great experience all around!

I love Kelcey but she needs to perform with her face a bit more. You saw Ashlee, Tyra and KayDianna further back and their faces just light up on the screen.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

Here is the link to the playlist that contains all of the videos: 

Videos included: Miller Lite Performance, Thunder, 2 quarter changes, halftime show and one sideline from each group.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, MonaMechelle said:

Videos included: Miller Lite Performance, Thunder, 2 quarter changes, halftime show and one sideline from each group.

Thanks for this!

Jalyn and Chandi were so much fun in the half time performance.

Loved Claire in the Miller LH.
KD really stood out to me on the sidelines.

Christina is looking more polished, I am glad she didn't get cut when she was a rookie TCC.

Only rookies I noticed were Sophy and Kayla. Seems like those two will move up to the front on the triangle if they make it 3-4 years as vets. 

The other rookies to me are blenders, and a few that I think need to step it up.  I am really curious to know from this class who will fill the shoes of all the amazing DCC that just retired or are close to retirement. 

• Love 5

Thanks so much for this, @MonaMechelle

Kelcey looks great, Caroline is ... there, and that pink routine is a snooze. Why can't they get someone like Evan to give them something new? I bet he'd come up with something fun. I do like all the position changes, though.

• Love 7

Thanks for sharing your video of the pink halftime!

Can someone remind me why the pink BCA performance was nixed for a few years now? And why was it brought back? Anyone know who choreographed it?

I do like how it's a new performance, not the Candyman or Shake it Off (found this throwback vid from 2015). Instead of the girls doing stunts with cheerleader help, it's all them, and they wear dress-up boots, not sneakers. The music was so-so, not really blended well, and could've been curated better for a "girl power" vibe for BCA. But survivors weren't honored as they typically have done in the past by having them on the field or formulating a pink ribbon with bodies, etc. I'm glad they brought it back but that performance really fell flat. They can bring back the epic Halloween show any time though...

Kelcey and Jalyn look incredible in pink.

Edited by homelife
  • Love 6

I'm glad no stunting was involved at all in the halftime performance, but it could have been WAY better.  It seems like Kelli is completely unwilling to spend ANY more money on the girls then she absolutely has to (halftime music could have been MUCH better, choreography could have seriously been updated, etc.).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, DCC-UK said:

Ashlinn might get in trouble after that error near the end in Jalyn's group sideline (video 3).

To be honest, Jayln’s group’s sidelines were a bit of a hot mess. Kat and Ashlinn messed up several times, there seemed to be confusion on placement changes for water breaks and the leaders were slower to call a song than the other groups seemed to be. 

Two other takeaways from that group: Lea has a sophisticated confidence about her that draws your eye, and I watched Victoria a lot. She gives it her all and really seems to enjoy every second.

4 hours ago, PamPamPam said:

Thunder lines are awful.   Oof

YES. The diagonals in specific were very sloppy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 4
  • Love 7

I didn't like that they used the same costume, especially since it has been years since they haven't performed the BCA halftime show. One would think, new choreography, new costumes? But I guess not. At least they are better than the polka dot dress they used to wear. But I would have loved to have seen a new costume.

Edited by TheGenuineBeauty
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I saw this too and I immediately jumped on the website to see if the squad photo was uploaded....

Disappointed Kevin Sorbo GIF

I’m sure it will be soon !!! Shoot I follow the dolphins cheerleaders as well they haven’t even uploaded bios or anything for their new squad 

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

They sure know how to leave people on a cliff hanger lol 

732C51C1-C6EF-452E-85A3-2C79538295C0.jpeg

Who puts together their social media? I love how Amber, a retired DCC, is used in their 2022 Squad Reveal montage. LOL.

• LOL 7
3 hours ago, PomPomPom said:

Squad Photo.Screenshot_20221025-151029_Instagram_1666707101517.thumb.jpg.5a313ffe447278bbab85617995bd04f1.jpg

Ok. Now that my excitement for the squad photo has diminished, it is now time to tear it to pieces (jk...or am I?)

First things first, we got another photoshopped squad photo. I honestly hope that this isn't the new norm because it just looks weird. Plus it looks like they used the same cameo photo for some of the rookies. At least when they did them IRL we had variety. Overall it looks too manufactured for me (because it is lol)

Second, we got Claire as the center girl and I am OBSESSED!!! I honestly thought that Kat was going to be the center girl, but I am glad that Claire got it instead. 

Now to compare it with my predictions... I correctly predicted Chandi's position in the squad photo...that's basically it. Personally I would switch Cristina and Jada's positions and switch Victoria and Armani because both of them (Jada and Victoria) are tall girls and it throws the entire row off. So this is basically what I am seeing...

Screenshot_20221025-151029_Instagram_1666707101517.thumb.jpg.5a313ffe447278bbab85617995bd04f11.jpg.c25a4109ba525dae08156d5dbbfcd7c5.jpg

The row should be either straight, in a v shape or in a ^ shape. It's more aesthetically pleasing to switch Jada and Christina as well as Victoria and Armani to make the row more straight.

Also the second row looks off as well. Putting Marissa G. is throwing the row off. Either switch McKenzie out with someone of Marissa G's height or switch Marissa G. out with someone McKenzie's height.

Screenshot_20221025-151029_Instagram_1666707101517.thumb.jpg.5a313ffe447278bbab85617995bd04f1(1).jpg.bbcd35b48dc3684a62c15f8c5f775db6.jpg

Again this is why they should just stick with the IRL squad photo instead of photoshop, but that's just my personal opinion.

Other than that the girlies looks great and I am just glad that we got a squad photo (even if it was 84 years late lol)

Now all we need is an HD version of the photo and an update to the website and we are good...for now :)

• Applause 3
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

Ok. Now that my excitement for the squad photo has diminished, it is now time to tear it to pieces (jk...or am I?)

First things first, we got another photoshopped squad photo. I honestly hope that this isn't the new norm because it just looks weird. Plus it looks like they used the same cameo photo for some of the rookies. At least when they did them IRL we had variety. Overall it looks too manufactured for me (because it is lol)

Second, we got Claire as the center girl and I am OBSESSED!!! I honestly thought that Kat was going to be the center girl, but I am glad that Claire got it instead. 

Now to compare it with my predictions... I correctly predicted Chandi's position in the squad photo...that's basically it. Personally I would switch Cristina and Jada's positions and switch Victoria and Armani because both of them (Jada and Victoria) are tall girls and it throws the entire row off. So this is basically what I am seeing...

Screenshot_20221025-151029_Instagram_1666707101517.thumb.jpg.5a313ffe447278bbab85617995bd04f11.jpg.c25a4109ba525dae08156d5dbbfcd7c5.jpg

The row should be either straight, in a v shape or in a ^ shape. It's more aesthetically pleasing to switch Jada and Christina as well as Victoria and Armani to make the row more straight.

Also the second row looks off as well. Putting Marissa G. is throwing the row off. Either switch McKenzie out with someone of Marissa G's height or switch Marissa G. out with someone McKenzie's height.

Screenshot_20221025-151029_Instagram_1666707101517.thumb.jpg.5a313ffe447278bbab85617995bd04f1(1).jpg.bbcd35b48dc3684a62c15f8c5f775db6.jpg

Again this is why they should just stick with the IRL squad photo instead of photoshop, but that's just my personal opinion.

Other than that the girlies looks great and I am just glad that we got a squad photo (even if it was 84 years late lol)

Now all we need is an HD version of the photo and an update to the website and we are good...for now :)

Yes! I would have swapped Jada and Christina and moved either Kleine or Tyra down a line to match the heights of KayDianna and Elli. Victoria could have gone back a row.

Besides Marissa G.  having her legs chopped off (she was likely standing in her photo, not kneeling), I get that same feeling from Kelee's photo, the way her torso is torqued I think she was meant to be on the end of the line with a leg out, not in the center.

• Love 4

This is crazier if you’re looking at it on a phone. My eye goes right to the gap on the upper left between Lea and is it Megan? It looks like a souvenir football is between their shoulders rather than the midsection of the girl at top left. It also looks like Claire has very long, blue crab claws! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
On 10/24/2022 at 9:36 AM, MonaMechelle said:

You Rock!  Thank you so much.

• Love 4

Well this is certainly telling…I come on her 24 hours after I last read it his board & there was NOTHING NEW….NO POSTINGS. I think it is unfortunate that DCC is not nurturing their worldwide fan base while they are trying to figure out what to do. A sad state of affairs!

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Love 9
On 10/25/2022 at 4:20 PM, PomPomPom said:

Squad Photo.Screenshot_20221025-151029_Instagram_1666707101517.thumb.jpg.5a313ffe447278bbab85617995bd04f1.jpg

Dani in front! #TeamDani
I am so happy. This is one of the most glamorous teams in decades. Horrible that we have do not have the show anymore. That was the best way to get to know them.

• Like 1
  • Love 8

Random question but does anyone remember when MTT aired the cheerleaders wore Dallas cowboys cheerleaders merchendise, (clothing with their logo on). Can you purchase this or is the merchendise only for the cheerleaders themselves? Hope that makes sense.

4 hours ago, corrieb90 said:

Random question but does anyone remember when MTT aired the cheerleaders wore Dallas cowboys cheerleaders merchendise, (clothing with their logo on). Can you purchase this or is the merchendise only for the cheerleaders themselves? Hope that makes sense.

I think its gifted to them by their team sponsors

• Love 1
12 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

Lots of Marissa and Jada! So glad they retired that sad crab walk mask section. 

That was a very annoying part and very . . . awkwardly bad.  A lot of that black-and-white costume with the crab walk and mask either came from Cassie Trammell's audition solo one year or she stole it from the halftime show.  I was never fond of what they used of Cassie's solo in the halftime show because it looked cheap and rather amateurish for a group that was supposed to be as good as they are.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Do we  know who did the choreography for the Halloween show?

I think I saw on Instagram that Jenn Amburn and Criscilla were involved, possibly along with the Emerald Belles coach (her team took part in the show).

• Love 3

I’m sorry a lot of these sentences start with “I” or if my sentence structure is bad, looking this over hurts the student in me but it has been far too long since I posted. Don’t worry I haven’t been caught by TPTB or anything I’ve just been busy dealing with mental health things (ironic given My Cause My Boots-don’t worry I have thoughts and will post them sometime Monday/Tuesday)

I am nervous for Madeline. I have always routed for Madeline and seen her as someone who is quirky and genuine, she doesn’t try to fit into any DCC mold like some have tried to do. I was REALLY nervous for Madeline earlier in this year’s Training Camp since both her and Victoria would be on considered Vets on the same team. My nerves were based on what I have seen and heard around Madeline’s 1st Training Camp, (TV show season 14, the 2019-2020 football season, Victoria’s 2nd time in Training Camp leading to start to of Victoria’s official rookie year) 
I was relived after seeing how she really bonded with last year’s team, especially her rookie sisters, with Victoria was not in a leadership position, and they were not in the same group.

I think Madeline getting placed into Group 4 was the ABSOLUTE BEST outcome for her this year. Kelsey and Claire are the two best of group leaders for her since they both have a perfect blend of dance technique/precision and style/power/making the moves look fun and effortless. So my fingers are crossed that they are both helping her continue to improve her DCC style dancing. There are times her movements look uncomfortable/awkward for her to do and I think part of the blame is her college’s dance programs focus on Bob Fosse/Jazz routines. When she came back into Training Camp (TV show Season 16, the 2021-2022 football season, Madeline’s 2nd time in Training Camp leading to the start of Madeline’s official rookie year) she was so much better and more confident in her dancing, similar to Erin “breaking out of her ballet box”. 

I was also slightly fearful for Jalyn at the beginning of this year’s Training Camp but I think because she was a 2nd leader last year and had that full last year to be a leader apart of a team that didn’t all know the experience of being a team with Victoria, I am less worried about her even though Victoria is in her group this year. If Victoria were to pull anything like she did her 1st Training Camp or her Rookie year aimed towards Jalyn it would end up A WHOLE LOT WORSE. 

All of this to say I am praying/wishing/sending good vibes/manifesting that Madeline continues to improve and is possibly given a chance to shine in a featured routine (Thanksgiving with the JoBros?) or get a Game Day Girl/IG Takeover/Sideline Sweetheart/Abbey Bear. HOT TAKE! I think 90% of the girls placements should be different per routine, especially in routines like the Halloween halftime they just did. I shouldn’t be able to see that they are in the same exact formation as the pregame performance. When the genres of dance are different and/or they are only going to do a routine once a season they should find the girls that are DANCING THAT ROUTINE THE BEST, like an actual audition. Maybe then the girls would be overstretching and practicing more in the name of healthy competition instead the “healthy competition” TPTB have of “does A. look skinny or fat standing next to B.?”

I don’t know why but I feel very emotionally attached to Madeline. Maybe it is because she reminds me of myself and how you can be working towards the same thing as someone else and as much as you want it, work for it, give you blood, sweat, and tears for it, there is that someone else right next to you having an easier track laid out for them to get there. And listen I know she is only a 2nd year Vet and there is a lot of talented Rookies and Vets but I think she deserves a turn in the DCC spotlight. 🌟

Edited by TVaddict2355
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, cgloss said:

Did the DCC have their Halloween party? Placing bets on who comes in the inappropriate costume, lol. 

Only ones I know that had their party was the rookies Halloween party at Kylie and Sophy s 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

2022-DCC-Squad_FINAL-scaled.thumb.jpg.346b1c3a5daa093c7993e974e30f140d.jpg

Squad photo got added to the DCC website as well as the girls' headshots for this year got added onto their bios. Well...everyone except Kelee. I guess they forgot about her. Also the headshots look like they've been scanned into the website instead of them being high resolution. Or maybe it's a filter that they used. Also everyone looks like they've been in the tanning salon for waaaay too long compared to last year's headshots. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

2022-DCC-Squad_FINAL-scaled.thumb.jpg.346b1c3a5daa093c7993e974e30f140d.jpg

Squad photo got added to the DCC website as well as the girls' headshots for this year got added onto their bios. Well...everyone except Kelee. I guess they forgot about her. Also the headshots look like they've been scanned into the website instead of them being high resolution. Or maybe it's a filter that they used. Also everyone looks like they've been in the tanning salon for waaaay too long compared to last year's headshots. 

Her bio is on there 

• Love 1