Type keyword(s) to search

Kanye West: The Most Intelligent Celebrity

Message added by Aethera

Discussion of Kanye's run for the US Presidency is off-limits here, unless and until the run appears on the show itself, as per our Politics Policy. https://forums.primetimer.com/topic/94644-politics-primetimer-updated-070319

• Start Topic

What's all this "NEVER GO AGAINST THE FAMILY" crap?  First Rob gets accused, now Kylie.  And LOLZ at the thought of the entire K family wearing nothing not sanctioned by Kanye.  I can just see all the Kardashian women dressed like post-apocalyptic robots in head-to-toe beige or whatever the hell he was trying to do at his last fashion show.  And I don't think he likes polka dots or stripes or something equally bizarre, so there's that.  I hope North's favorite blankie isn't purple with pink dots because if she's seen out in public with it, she's done gone against the family, and she'll have to go bunk with Uncle Rob.  

Just when I truly think this family can't get any weirder.

• Love 5

North loves Disney which cracks me up. You know that goes against the neutral colors they love to dress her in when she goes out.  Kim posted a pic the other day where shes sitting in her playroom dressed like a princess surrounded by all her Disney and Hello Kitty toys. Kanye must hate that Disney doesnt have a deal with Yeezy. Then again he did say in his Twitter rant that his next fashion line will be focused on children. God help the kids lol

• Love 3

North loves Disney which cracks me up. You know that goes against the neutral colors they love to dress her in when she goes out. Kim posted a pic the other day where shes sitting in her playroom dressed like a princess surrounded by all her Disney and Hello Kitty toys.

The funny part was how Kim captioned the pic by saying "It's going to be a long night." Yes, because a child minding her own business and playing quietly on her own is every mother's worst nightmare. I really wish they'd let North wear more colors. When she's dressed in pastels for her dance class, she looks really pretty.

Daily Fail had pics from Kanye's album listening party last night. Kanye wore a shirt over his head to avoid the paps and Kim was leading him around like a guide dog. It looked like it was late and way past North's bedtime, but she got dragged along, of course. Kim's latest round of plastic surgery is frightening.

• Love 3

He is a crazy asshole. Remember he also said Tyga was smart because he "got in early?" (with Kylie)

And Kris thinks he's a genius and so great with North and Saint "when he's around" and Kim is so lucky to have him.

• Love 1

North loves Disney which cracks me up. You know that goes against the neutral colors they love to dress her in when she goes out.  Kim posted a pic the other day where shes sitting in her playroom dressed like a princess surrounded by all her Disney and Hello Kitty toys. Kanye must hate that Disney doesnt have a deal with Yeezy. Then again he did say in his Twitter rant that his next fashion line will be focused on children. God help the kids lol

Hold me, I'm skurred.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 3

After viewing a few pics of Kanye in NYC in the last two days, I'm thinking MAYBE his newest collection might just be tie dye (how innovative, lol). He was wearing a tee and a sweatshirt on separate occasions that were both tie dye. Never saw him wear that before. Was he wearing pieces of last year's collection before last year's show? I guess, we shall see...

For the record, I think Kanye is narcissistic, arrogant and bullying, with an insecure yet over-inflated sense of his own importance. I personally do not think he’s actually dumb or uneducated, but based on his constant insane online rantings, I can see where others might draw the conclusion that he really is just plain stupid. If I knew Kanye and liked him, I’d have a plaque made up and sent to him with the following famous quote from Abraham Lincoln:

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

• Love 7

Apparently Kylie was approached to sign a deal, but neither she nor Puma will confirm it. Yep, Kayne is angry.

http://footwearnews.com/2016/focus/athletic-outdoor/kanye-west-twitter-kylie-jenner-puma-deal-rumors-190928/

Footwear News, Feb. 9, 2016, "Kanye West Shuts Down Kylie Jenner Puma Deal Rumors"

Kanye West is shutting down rumors that Kylie Jenner has signed a deal with Puma. West took to Twitter on Tuesday that “there will never be a Kylie Puma anything,” and that Puma should “never try to divide the family!!!”

Reports had circulated that Jenner signed a deal to be the new face of Puma. Rihanna serves as a creative director for Puma and is showing a Puma by Rihanna fashion show on Friday during New York Fashion Week.

[Kayne's tweet, screenshot in the article:]

KANYE WEST

‎@kanyewest

1000% there will never be a Kylie Puma anything. That's on my family! 1000% Kylie is on Yeezy team!!!

5:22 PM - 9 Feb 2016

West has stood firmly by his partnership with Adidas, even taking jabs at his former partner Nike in his recently released single “Facts.” If that song is any indication, West doesn’t seem to be amused by athletic companies making big offers to lure athletes and celebs.

In the song he raps that Nike “gave LeBron a billi’ not to run away.” In his tweet regarding the Puma/Kylie deal, West said they would “give you your measly million dollars back!!!”

KANYE WEST

‎@kanyewest

Puma we gone give you your measly million dollars back!!! Never try to divide the family!!!

5:22 PM - 9 Feb 2016

[Neither] Puma nor Kylie Jenner have actually confirmed that a deal was in the works. Meanwhile, on Monday night Kendall and Kylie Jenner hosted an official launch party for their new Kendall + Kylie line.

So nobody in the whole family is allowed to represent any product that might compete with his damn Yeezy line? Have they all signed contracts with him to promote Yeezy, or is this just him acting crazy? He's regarding any attempt by other family members to make a buck on other products as "dividing the family." *rolling eyes* What is this mess, the reality show version of the Mafia, with Kayne as the Godfather? I always thought it as Kris who was the Godfather. She's the one who tells all the others what to do -- except maybe Kayne.

How ironic. Adolf "Adi" Dassler and his brother Rudolf Dassler operated a shoe company together. They had some sort of falling out, Rudolf left and started Puma, and Adi renamed what was now his company Adidas. Both companies headquarters are on opposite sides of a river in some Bavarian town.

• Love 2

He's really going to think he's Jesus now

LAMAR ODOM: I've Got Kanye's Back ... HIS MUSIC SAVED ME

Sources close to Lamar tell us when he was in Cedars-Sinai hospital ... Kanye religiously showed up to visit and frequently played rough cuts of his new music for Lamar. He started remembering specific lyrics, which was one of the early signs LO's condition was improving.
We're told Lamar is well aware of the role 'Ye's music played in his comeback.

• Love 1

Keep it Klassy, Kanye.

Kanye West ignited the Internet—and upset Taylor Swift's family and friends—when a lyric on the song "Famous" from his upcoming album, T.L.O.P., referenced the pop singer: "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/I made that bitch famous."

http://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/news/a34028/taylor-swift-responds-kanye-west-tlop-lyrics-about-her/

Just when you think he couldn't get any cruder or more insane, he tops himself.

• Love 2

Not only is he an asshole but hes a liar too. He's claiming on Twitter that he called Taylor and that SHE actually suggested the line and they laughed about it. Well Taylors rep just released a statement saying he did call her but that she strongly cautioned him about releasing it. Taylor's brother also posted video of himself throwing his Yeezys in the garbage.

• Love 8

Taylor never should have forgave him. I hope she knows now.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6874870/taylor-swift-cautioned-kanye-west-famous-misogynistic

A message supplied to Billboard by Swift’s rep reads: “Kanye did not call for approval, but to ask Taylor to release his single 'Famous' on her Twitter account. She declined and cautioned him about releasing a song with such a strong misogynistic message. Taylor was never made aware of the actual lyric, "I made that bitch famous.’"

West debuted the track with his entire The Life of Pablo album at the Yeezy Season 3 fashion show at New York's Madison Square Garden Thursday (Feb. 11). Model Gigi Hadid and Swift’s younger brother Austin were among the first to vent their disapproval of the lyrics to "Famous".

• Love 2

Keep it Klassy, Kanye.

Kanye West ignited the Internet—and upset Taylor Swift's family and friends—when a lyric on the song "Famous" from his upcoming album, T.L.O.P., referenced the pop singer: "I feel like me and Taylor might still have sex/I made that bitch famous."

http://www.elle.com/culture/celebrities/news/a34028/taylor-swift-responds-kanye-west-tlop-lyrics-about-her/

Just when you think he couldn't get any cruder or more insane, he tops himself.

Sick. Delusional. Narcissist.
  • Love 4

Kanye references Ray-J screwing Kim. I don't give a shit if he cleared it with Ray. Think of YOUR WIFE. I mean genuinely wtf

http://m.tmz.com/#ar...-life-of-pablo/

Now this IMO exemplifies thug behavior, and this is what you get Kim for marrying it.

Damn, just cause you wanted to say you were married, that someone wanted to marry you. Well, girl you might as well be alone that's my thinking.

I wouldn't want to share with the world that someone like Kanye "loved" me. What kind of love is this?  I'd rather say have no one, except you have yourself.

Try that Kim and you have family.

It's the same sentiment I have with Khloe and Lamar, pathetic.

As for Lamar, he can marry him once Kim comes to her senses and divorces him.

• Love 5

Now this IMO exemplifies thug behavior, and this is what you get Kim for marrying it.

Damn, just cause you wanted to say you were married, that someone wanted to marry you. Well, girl you might as well be alone that's my thinking.

I wouldn't want to share with the world that someone like Kanye "loved" me. What kind of love is this?  I'd rather say have no one, except you have yourself.

Try that Kim and you have family.

It's the same sentiment I have with Khloe and Lamar, pathetic.

As for Lamar, he can marry him once Kim comes to her senses and divorces him.

He sang about fucking her on a sink, and he was obsessed with her sex tape, so singing  about how he got RayJ's sloppy seconds isn't surprising. Also RayJ's made a mint off the tape too.

• Love 5

He sang about fucking her on a sink, and he was obsessed with her sex tape, so singing  about how he got RayJ's sloppy seconds isn't surprising. Also RayJ's made a mint off the tape too.Th lyrics:

The actual lyrics:

I wanna fuck you hard on the sink

After that, give you something to drink

Step back, can't get spunk on the mink

I mean damn, what would Jeromey Romey Romey Rome think?

Hey, you remember where we first met?

Okay, I don't remember where we first met

But hey, admitting is the first step

And hey, you know ain't nobody perfect

And I know, with the hoes I got the worst rep

But hey, their backstroke I'm tryna perfect

And hey, ayo, we made it, Thanksgiving

So hey, maybe we can make it to Christmas

She asked me what I wished for on my wishlist

Have you ever asked your bitch for other bitches?

Maybe we could still make it to the church steps

But first, you gon' remember how to forget

After all these long-ass verses

I'm tired, you tired, Jesus wept

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kanyewest/bound2.html

My God, you have to be completely without self-respect to marry the creep who wrote those words - I feel sorry for Kim, with her pimp mother and dead father. (Maybe none of this would've happened if dad was around to straighten them out.)

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 2

I have low expectations.

What's with Kim and the braids lately? Khloe too. I can't believe the glam squad is in on this. They ass ugly.

The braids pull the skin around the face up and back giving the face a more youthful appearance. The braids are ugly, I agree but both Kim, Khloe and Kourtney have used the trick for a more youthful looking face.

The actual lyrics:

I wanna fuck you hard on the sink

After that, give you something to drink

Step back, can't get spunk on the mink

I mean damn, what would Jeromey Romey Romey Rome think?

Hey, you remember where we first met?

Okay, I don't remember where we first met

But hey, admitting is the first step

And hey, you know ain't nobody perfect

And I know, with the hoes I got the worst rep

But hey, their backstroke I'm tryna perfect

And hey, ayo, we made it, Thanksgiving

So hey, maybe we can make it to Christmas

She asked me what I wished for on my wishlist

Have you ever asked your bitch for other bitches?

Maybe we could still make it to the church steps

But first, you gon' remember how to forget

After all these long-ass verses

I'm tired, you tired, Jesus wept

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/kanyewest/bound2.html

Those have to be in the running for the top ten nonsensical lyrics ever written, since man learned to pick up a pen and write words, including the last line, "I'm tired, you tired, Jesus wept".

How many times did he say 'hey' ?  Six times, but 'hey' who's counting?

Edited by HumblePi
  • Love 1

FWIW he's claiming that in hip-hop bitch is actually an endearing term. Does anyone who follow hip hop more closely agree? He doesnt stop with the stuff with Kim/Ray J and Taylor either...theres another song with the line ""Blac Chyna fucking Rob, helping him with the weight".  This is the genius that the family insists on worshipping. 

• Love 3

FWIW he's claiming that in hip-hop bitch is actually an endearing term. Does anyone who follow hip hop more closely agree? He doesnt stop with the stuff with Kim/Ray J and Taylor either...theres another song with the line ""Blac Chyna fucking Rob, helping him with the weight".  This is the genius that the family insists on worshipping. 

Maybe Kanye  got to get Kim up on the sink and fuck some of that weight off of her.

• Love 4

FWIW he's claiming that in hip-hop bitch is actually an endearing term. Does anyone who follow hip hop more closely agree?

I don't follow hip-hop music at all but Kanye knows very well that this is not an "endearing term". He would never refer to Beyoncé that way because he respects her and Jay Z and would not insult or demean them in any way. He wouldn't dare. If Kim is "honored" by his vulgar lyrics then he should just use her name in his songs and leave other people out of it, especially people he views as easy targets. That's just bullying. The worst part is that he's highly sensitive to any criticism directed at him, or anything less than worship. So if he can't take it, he's the last one who should dish it out. 

• Love 8

Part of me thinks that Taylor and her minions at the cool-girl table are loving this though. She gets to feign outrage as her Girl Squad defends her honor on Twitter. Meanwhile, her chief rival for Homecoming Queen, Princess Kanye, looks like a total asshole. No such thing as bad publicity, right?

It's kind of a win-win for both of them.

• Love 3

They may have indeed managed to pad the actual seats but what that article is referencing to is people that were part of the stage presentation. Actually I think considering the way the whole thing was set-up they probably has to remove a huge chunk of seats anyway that would normally be a ticketed seat. There were the ones wearing the actual clothes on the stage and then there were the 1,000+ that basically paraded around the stage wearing clothes that looked like they were taken out of the trash. My friends daughter responded to the casting sheet, got a call saying she was accepted and after the show my friend posted on Facebook that the experience wasnt as great as she was hoping for but didnt expand on why.   Now I'm curious to find out if she got paid.

• Love 2

Did Kanye write those instructions? They sound like someone who learned English as a second language wrote them.

I have no idea if Kanye wrote them. I would imagine he had a lot of input in writing them since he is a bit of control freak. I agree that it seems like whomever wrote them learned English as a second language. Of course it is probably Kanye's genius, and we are the people who just do not understand it.

• Love 1

FWIW he's claiming that in hip-hop bitch is actually an endearing term. Does anyone who follow hip hop more closely agree? He doesnt stop with the stuff with Kim/Ray J and Taylor either...theres another song with the line ""Blac Chyna fucking Rob, helping him with the weight". This is the genius that the family insists on worshipping.

So, there's a song mentioning Rob and Blac Chyna on Kanye's new album? A song that had to have been written, recorded, gone through production, all of that, many weeks ago at the very least?

Maaaaan, the last couple weeks of drama have been some kabuki kind of Kardashian bullshit, haven't they? Rob's finally got himself a storyline, that's all.

Edited by Found A Peanut
  • Love 2

Not necessarily. A song could be written and thrown on an album in a matter of days before the album is mastered, he even admitted at MSG that what the people were hearing were rough cuts that had to get finishing touches. He finished recording the album last week literally just mastered yesterday (he changed the tracklisting and added 2 new songs as late as yesterday). On the music board I read, Pulse, someone said he's always doing last minute edit jobs. It was supposed to be released yesterday but now he's ranting about how its not ready. Even the artwork looks like it was a sloppy rushjob that a 5 year old could have put together.

eta: oh yeah hes lost it. Hes completely losing it on Twitter right now. Rambling about how the whole album has changed and blaming Chance the Rapper and complaining about his artistic struggles. Wanna bet the Taylor track disappears? What a train wreck. Even his fans are telling him to get off twitter

Edited by howmanywords
  • Love 5

I almost hope Taylor set him up and let him believe she had no issues with his song, only to do a 180 with the press.

But in reality I do think he's lying. Or gave her some mumbo jumbo marble mouth unintelligible crap over the phone and is trying to say she agreed to something.

And the video game? What's the purpose? To get her to heaven or keep her from getting there? And Why?

And the shirts in Memorium of his mom and their dad? Sorry... I don't think it's touching, it's just another thing he threw into the mix, a big bowl of steaming crap and he's like the village idiot stirring it.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 10

Once again, Kanye finds a way to make an even bigger asshole of himself than he already is, this time by targeting Taylor Swift again. A married man doing a song about wanting to fuck another woman? Tacky. Calling said woman "a bitch" and then trying to spin it as a term of endearment? Tackier. Playing said song to an audience that includes his wife, their two-year-old daughter and some of the other woman's friends? Tackiest. As for Kanye's lyric that "[he] made [Taylor Swift] famous," she was famous long before he ever heard of her. News flash, Kanye: just because someone's not famous in your circles, that doesn't mean they're not famous at all. 

Re Kanye's claim that Taylor already knew about the lyric and gave him permission to use it, I call bullshit because I don't believe that Taylor would give Kanye permission to deliberately embarrass/publicly humiliate her again any more than he would actually ask for it in the first place. As he has proven time and time again, Kanye is not just crazy, he's BATSHIT crazy. He's gonna say/do what he wants whether he's got permission or not, as his tweet calling Bill Cosby innocent alone attests. IMO, Bill Cosby hasn't been "innocent" since childhood and even then I've got my doubts, but I digress. Kanye's such an asshole that even when he publicly apologizes-which, IIRC, he never does-it makes me suspicious. The reason I think that Kanye squashed his beefs with Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose is because Amber's got more dirt than a mountain on Kanye, who dissed Amber and her son and he apologized to try and keep her quiet, not that it'll last for long, which, hopefully, it won't. 

Then there's Kanye's latest so-called "fashion" show, which, like the other shows before it, is no style and no substance. It's a wonder that insane list of instructions that Kanye gave the models didn't include "No Breathing" because based on what I saw, half the models looked dead while the other half looked like they wished they were dead. In other words, Kanye's music sucks, Kanye's clothes suck and Kanye himself sucks and not in the good way. 

Edited by DollEyes
  • Love 8

I just wonder what sort of Svengali-like hold Kanye has over the Kardashians that they're willing to kiss his ass and bend to his every whim. Kim is worth close to a hundred mil. Do Vogue covers and seats at Fashion Week really mean that much to her?

I also can't believe they let North listen to those lyrics. The kid only has about six hundred nannies. Kim should have had one of them take North backstage for the album release part of the show. Does this poor child ever get to do any kid-centered acticities? It's like she's just a prop who's taken off the shelf for photo ops, and quickly returned when she's no longer needed. The whole family is just sad, miserable and pathetic.

• Love 5

North goes to ballet/dance and soccer every week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised they got her into things like that so young. Maybe it will give her SOME normalcy. Completely agree about her hearing those songs. And the more I'm reading the lyrics get more and more crass. Are you ready for this bit of poetry?

"If i fucked this model and she just bleached her asshole and I get bleach on my tshirt, then I look like an asshole. "

• Love 2

North goes to ballet/dance and soccer every week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised they got her into things like that so young. Maybe it will give her SOME normalcy. Completely agree about her hearing those songs. And the more I'm reading the lyrics get more and more crass. Are you ready for this bit of poetry?

"If i fucked this model and she just bleached her asshole and I get bleach on my tshirt, then I look like an asshole. "

Um. What?! That's so bad/dumb/random that I'm going to hypothetically ask my husband. Just to see his face

I get emails about events from MSG and the day of the event I got an email saying "production seats open" and they were selling from $50 to $130 dollars. Don't think it sold out.

What kills me even more is that k&k saw Hamilton on Broadway last night. Lin Manuel Miranda always tweets and he posted a pic of himself with Kanye and Elise Goldsberry noted that they were both there. People would sell body parts for those tickets!! The show is genius and neither one of those twits made any mention of it on social media today. Really not fair!!

North goes to ballet/dance and soccer every week. I'm actually pleasantly surprised they got her into things like that so young. Maybe it will give her SOME normalcy.

True, but that's just Kim or the nanny dumping her off at class for an hour or two a week. I'm talking more about Kim and Kanye doing things WITH their child such as taking her to the playground, doing art projects etc. Yeah, they do the Disneyland thing but North looks cranky and miserable 90% of the time.

What kills me even more is that k&k saw Hamilton on Broadway last night. Lin Manuel Miranda always tweets and he posted a pic of himself with Kanye and Elise Goldsberry noted that they were both there. People would sell body parts for those tickets!! The show is genius and neither one of those twits made any mention of it on social media today. Really not fair!!

This! So much of this! I have seen Hamilton three times. Twice were through the lottery. It is fantastic. I hate that Kanye and Kim are sullying my Hamilton. I wonder if the musical went over Kim's head.

• Love 3

Kim was cleaning North's room or closet at Kris's house in an earlier episode this season, and it was surprisingly colorful. It's pretty apparent that Kanye and Kim do not live with each other, that this is a weird marriage of convenience, so I wonder just how much input/contact Krazy Kanye has with North. Kim at least sleeps in the same house as her (most nights).