Type keyword(s) to search

S20.E01: Bari Weiss; Timothy Snyder; Rep. Ritchie Torres

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot,

As always. watch, then post. No personal politics.

• Start Topic

Bill had to cancel three engagements because of Covid, so that's what his real gripe is. Darn this whole pandemic thing, it's inconveniencing Bill! I honestly don't know what he and his ilk are pushing for. Just let the virus run rampant? What about the hospitals that are full to capacity and turning people away? Not his problem, I guess.

I get that everyone is sick of Covid restrictions but just pretending it doesn't exist and going about your business isn't going to make it go away. It's just the opposite if we ignore it.

Honestly, I fully expect Bill to be wearing a MAGA hat within a year.

On another note, I was mesmerized by Ritchie Torres's hairline. It looked like it was drawn on with a ruler.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 15
13 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I ❤️❤️❤️ Bari Weiss.  She’s the voice of reason.

This guy Ritchie Torres is in over his head.

All anyone needs to know about Bari Weiss is that Joe Rogan thinks she’s great.  Her playbook is similar to the one used by mid-‘00s Alex Jones: pretend to eschew “Left-Right” politics to pull people to the radical right.

ETA: Holy shit this episode is bad.  How many cancel culture discussions can Bill shoehorn into one episode?

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 13

Bill and Bari:  "vaccines only protect you, they don't protect others from you if you're infected."

CDC:  Vaccinated and boosted people are 5X less likely to get infected by Omicron, 14X less likely to get infected by Delta, versus an uninfected person.

Compared with fully vaccinated and boosted people, the unvaccinated were five times more likely to report a case.

The study in JAMA supported this finding. In that work, CDC scientists looked at nationwide pharmacy-based COVID-19 test results collected in December from around 70,000 people whose vaccination status was known. The analysis concluded that omicron infections were significantly less likely to occur in fully vaccinated and boosted people than in both the unvaccinated and fully vaccinated.

Still, both studies noted a drop in vaccine effectiveness against omicron compared with the previously dominant coronavirus variant, delta. In the MMWR study, researchers looked at cases reported from October to November, when delta was raging. They found that unvaccinated people were four times more likely to be infected with delta late in the year than fully vaccinated people and nearly 14 times more likely to get a delta infection than fully vaccinated and boosted people.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/01/unvaccinated-5x-more-likely-to-get-omicron-than-those-boosted-cdc-reports/

But go ahead, keep spreading that disinformation on social media Bari.  

• Love 9
9 hours ago, aghst said:

Bari says cloth masks are useless.  No shit you dishonest bitch, that is why they’re distributing N95 masks this very week.

But let’s have a party like Florida!  So what if DeSantis is cooking the numbers!  California is so gloomy because some venues do check your vaccination status.

I think she’s saying it because many people still think they DO work.  I was just today sitting in a restaurant waiting for our table with a cloth mask.  Why?  Because the people in charge in Illinois don’t realize that cloth masks don’t work.

And Bill is right about the lunacy of wearing a mask outside.

It’s important to have protocols, and do things safely, mainly because we don’t want hospitals to fill up.  But the protocols should make sense.  And no one was arguing against getting get the vaccine to keep yourself from getting too sick.  

48 minutes ago, revbfc said:

All anyone needs to know about Bari Weiss is that Joe Rogan thinks she’s great.

A lot of people like her, I think because she brings the common sense.

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Just let the virus run rampant? What about the hospitals that are full to capacity and turning people away? Not his problem, I guess.

This. He doesn’t care until it becomes his problem, but honestly he really hasn’t been that affected by the pandemic as “regular” people. There’s folks like my mom who urgently need non-COVID care in a hospital, but was told that with capacity it’s just not possible right now. But just declare it’s over and move on? Sure. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

A lot of people like her, I think because she brings the common sense.

Just because she uses a reasonable tone doesn’t mean she has common sense.  She’s just one of the least dirty shirts in the pile of used up right wing grifters.  She’s still awful. 

I’ve seen enough of these “Just asking questions, man” types to know that Weiss’s only job is to stir pots.  If you like her, fine, but I doubt we have anything further to discuss.

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 18
21 minutes ago, Sharper2002 said:

This. He doesn’t care until it becomes his problem, 

Yep, just like "cancel culture" (Berkeley canceling him) and solar panels (waiting for the installation to get completed), he wants COVID to magically go away because it's affecting HIM. 

The guy is a narcissist. The current crisis truly revealed it. 

I disagreed with him often in the past, but he's become a mean, selfish prick. 

And of course Barry Weiss is a guest again. I'm sure Andrew Sullivan and Matt Taibbi will appear soon. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Bill and Bari:  "vaccines only protect you, they don't protect others from you if you're infected."

CDC:  Vaccinated and boosted people are 5X less likely to get infected by Omicron, 14X less likely to get infected by Delta, versus an uninfected person.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2022/01/unvaccinated-5x-more-likely-to-get-omicron-than-those-boosted-cdc-reports/

She’s not spreading disinformation, she’s right, having the vaccine protects you.  It doesn’t protect others from getting it from you.  

23 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

She’s not spreading disinformation, she’s right, having the vaccine protects you.  It doesn’t protect others from getting it from you.  

That's factually wrong.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Thank you! All of this results in protecting others. If you care about your family, friends, coworkers, HUMANKIND, get vaccinated unless you truly can't. 

Regarding wearing masks outside, I'm not sure why this bothers Bill so much. People have reasons to have them on other than being fearful of catching covid outside.

To name a few . . .

Sometimes I'll keep my mask on outside so I don't drop it. I don't want something that falls on the floor going back on my face.

Sometimes I'll keep it on outside so I don't forget it once I'm inside.

If it's really cold out, masks help keep you warm.

Sometimes I don't want to remove the mask until I wash my hands.

They can smudge your makeup, and I'd rather have people see me with a mask than a face of smeared makeup.

But really, who cares? Wearing a mask outside isn't hurting anybody. Irresponsible behavior does. Also, the whole waiting in line with a mask thing at a restaurant, I actually get this in busy restaurants. If there's a small waiting area, masks probably help. Big difference being crammed in with a bunch of strangers than seated at a table with your family or friends. 

And I say all this as someone who's sick of all of this. I'm young, healthy, and have had three shots. As a single, childfree person who works alone, do you think it's fun to socially distance because I have high risk loved ones who refuse vaccines? Do you think it's fun for me to wear masks when I do finally get out of the house and see people? But what else are we supposed to do? As someone said above, are we supposed to just let the virus do whatever it wants and have hospitals so full people can't get the help they need? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Honestly, I fully expect Bill to be wearing a MAGA hat within a year.

I don't. Thankfully Bill spent the first part of this episode talking about how ridiculous it is that there are still people on the right who think that the "Big Lie" is about Trump supposedly having the election stolen from him. Bill couldn't have been more clear that he's not a MAGA guy. 

That was the best part of this episode to me. The discussion of how the right end up hijacking phrases like fake news, the big lie, woke, etc into talking points that are supportive of whatever nonsense they're spewing. 

• Love 3

On masks outside, there was an early Japanese study in 2020 which quantified the risk of spread outside to be like 19 or 20 times less than indoors.

But that was all BEFORE Alpha, Delta and Omicron.  Delta is estimated to be up to 8 times more infectious than the original Wuhan strain.

Omicron is even more infectious than Delta.

That said, I generally don't mask outside unless required to, as in some countries I've visited, such as Monaco.

So the risk isn't zero but with wind and wide spaces, the aerosols containing any virus would disperse quickly.  When I go for walks, I carry a mask but don't wear it.  When I come across other people, I just step out a little onto the street from the sidewalk or cross the street.

I would not want to be in a crowd, shoulder to shoulder for long periods.  Problem with big events like say football games may not be being close to someone else for hours but rather going into bars or restaurants before or after games or maybe riding a bus to the game or some parts of the stadium may have bottlenecks when you enter or exit where you have to stand shoulder to shoulder in a slow moving crowd for say 10-20 minutes or longer.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ergo she and Bill shouldn't be shitting on people for wearing masks.

I had covid in 2020, been triple vaxxed since, and happily wear a mask when I'm around older or more vulnerable people, not because I'm afraid of getting it again, but because I don't want to be an asymptomatic carrier passing it on. I know that a lot of people who see me wearing a mask, like Bill and Bari, might think I'M being paranoid about catching it, but I'm old enough to not give a fuck about what other people think.

• Love 16
18 hours ago, aghst said:

So much BS spewed from the monologue to the Covid discussion 8n the panel.

Bill is obviously an anti masker and anti all NPIs.

Bill and Weiss said, vaccines don’t protect others so fuck it, let’s drop everything.

Then Bari babbling about a moral crime because schools were closed in some places.  The moral cr8me is having kids infect adults in their household, some of whom are more vulnerable to serious disease.

The moral crime is hand waving the record number of cases now, with almost 2800 Americans deaths reported today.  We still don’t have a clear idea of how many people will be affected by long Covid, how long they will have symptoms.

But Omicron is mild!  Bari is over it!

first, vaccines DID protect others when Alpha was the dominant variant.  Then in the summer and fall, Delta became dominant and it had mutations which allowed it to infect people with waning immunity, 6 months after vaccination.  But boosters raised efficacy vs. infection.

now Omicron breaks through even boosted people, but you’re way better off and you don’t spread it nearly to the same extent as unboosted or unvaccinated people.

Bari says cloth masks are useless.  No shit you dishonest bitch, that is why they’re distributing N95 masks this very week.

Bari says all adults have had vaccines available to them for over a year.  No you liar, it took until spring of last year for most people to be able to get a vaccine appoint,ent.

bill cites all these measures Uk is dropping.  Go ahead and omit the fact that Boris Johnson is in a lot of political trouble right now so he’s try8ng to distract the voters over there by dropping all Covid NPIs.

all these “mild” Omicron cases just gives the virus billions more replication cycles to mutate.

But let’s have a party like Florida!  So what if DeSantis is cooking the numbers!  California is so gloomy because some venues do check your vaccination status.

I’m so over Bill and his faux right wing talking points. Just move over to Fox or NewsMax already. Nothing more infuriating then two single people with no kids lecturing us on school mandates and protocols…it’s because of vaccines and masks that schools are open and functioning. Yes, some schools have had to go back to virtual learning when the infection rate at those schools reached a high level. It was the prudent and right thing to do. Hopefully, it will prompt the parents to kid their kids vaccinated. Yes, there are breakthrough cases of COVID and I had one just recently. I was vaxxed twice and got the booster but I caught it anyway. It wasn’t a serious case…more like the flu but if I hadn’t been vaxxed it would have been so much worse. So for my money, the vaccine worked…kept me out of the hospital and after 10 days of quarantine I am well and leading my normal life. Poor Bill and Bari…so much sacrifice for them to have to wear a mask…STFU…both of them.

1 hour ago, Dharma Bum said:

I had covid in 2020, been triple vaxxed since, and happily wear a mask when I'm around older or more vulnerable people, not because I'm afraid of getting it again, but because I don't want to be an asymptomatic carrier passing it on. I know that a lot of people who see me wearing a mask, like Bill and Bari, might think I'M being paranoid about catching it, but I'm old enough to not give a fuck about what other people think.

Bill has become a whiny little bitch.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Dharma Bum said:

Yes! There are people I've had to repeatedly tell, listen it's not about me! I'm not scared for my life, but I take precautions so I don't SPREAD covid to high risk family. Don't most people have high risked loved ones??

• Love 5

I was thinking about it, and Friday night’s most WTF Bari Weiss moment was when she presented the idea of cops retaliating against the cities they serve by refusing to do their jobs…as a good thing.

Imagine being pro-extortion & racketeering and expecting to be taken seriously, yet here we are.

Edited by revbfc
  • Love 6

Violent crime is going up so I can see prosecutors letting the petty BS of low value shoplifting go unchecked if resources are needed for violent crime. 

Covid is like the common cold because it mutates so much that you will never eradicate it, but sooner or later it will not be that deadly except to compromised individuals (same as the flu). The way people on the show were talking about being "over it" just shows that they have a very low attention span unless they are the ones dying.

I did like initial guest who said we were somewhere in the middle between a functioning government that would prosecute  people trying to overthrow the government using legal means and one were the current government would just go round up the conspirators and kill/jail them all like in authoritarian countries.

While there are nut cases in both the left and right I still don't think the middle would jump into any civil war like the people on the show were hinting. Same with just fixing elections. If anything the people who tried are so stupid about it that nobody listened to them.

• Love 1

Two weeks ago, my kids were exposed to Covid at daycare. Both are too young for vaccines, the little one is too small to wear a mask and the big one thinks masks are a game and takes them off constantly. The big one got Covid but my husband and I, totally boostered, stayed negative, even with her coughing in my face and sharing my straw. Point? Vaccines work. And I’m tired of people like Bari Weiss and Bill Maher stating they don’t.

Also, vaccines were never tested to see if people got asymptomatic cases, just symptomatic ones.

Last thing, the first guest scared the shit out of me with his and Maher’s doomsday election scenario. I’m lucky I live in New York but I fear for the rest of the country.

• Love 10
On 1/22/2022 at 12:08 AM, Hedgehog2022 said:

I loathe Bari Weiss...ugh...

Me too.  She is one of those guests that Bill Maher keeps inviting ** on the show that I wish he would stop.  It's not that I disagree with everything Bari Weiss says, it just that she comes across to me as that little girl that is desperate for validation from the adults in the room, so she'll give these long winded opinions and speeches to show how smart she is with the only intention of getting acceptance from the adults in the room.  She comes across as a phoney to me.  The audience should stop rewarding her by applauding everything Bari says.   

Surprisingly (well not really!) the topic of cancel culture came up again on the show Friday night.  It's not a bad topic per se but Bill Maher doesn't need to bring it up every single episode. There are plenty of other interesting and discussion worthy topics happening right now that could be covered.  Given her past in trying to silence those with a different opinion than hers, Bari Weiss should not speak on the subject of cancel culture unless it's to admit that she is a big fan of canceling others whenever their opinion defers from her own. 

** In addition to Bari Weiss, I wish Bill Maher would stop inviting Rick Wilson, Bill Krystol and Ann Coulter to name a few. 

• Love 8

Re: NY vs FL and Covid

Bill drives me w/the comparison between the 2 states and deaths.

NY/NYC was a forefront of the pandemic  and  treating Covid was hit or miss/playing it by ear  because they didn't have any history w/treating the virus.

FL had months to prepare before Covid really hit there - they still had an equal-ish death count  because they were doing nothing.

If Bill gave it a thought, he would be chastising FL for their Covid non-response that needlessly allowed people to die.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, sheetmoss said:

Re: NY vs FL and Covid

Bill drives me w/the comparison between the 2 states and deaths.

NY/NYC was a forefront of the pandemic  and  treating Covid was hit or miss/playing it by ear  because they didn't have any history w/treating the virus.

FL had months to prepare before Covid really hit there - they still had an equal-ish death count  because they were doing nothing.

If Bill gave it a thought, he would be chastising FL for their Covid non-response that needlessly allowed people to die.

Aren’t FL’s numbers incomplete? 

11 minutes ago, revbfc said:

Aren’t FL’s numbers incomplete? 

They're suspect.

For instance when they were rising to the peak of the Omicron wave, they reported no deaths, even though they were approaching 100k cases a day.

Also early on in the pandemic, they were reporting like 45 deaths for several days in a row, the exact same number.

Their surgeon general said recently testing is overrated.

We also know that they'v tried to suppress outside reporting of covid data.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Thomas Crown said:

Me too.  She is one of those guests that Bill Maher keeps inviting ** on the show that I wish he would stop.  It's not that I disagree with everything Bari Weiss says, it just that she comes across to me as that little girl that is desperate for validation from the adults in the room, so she'll give these long winded opinions and speeches to show how smart she is with the only intention of getting acceptance from the adults in the room.  She comes across as a phoney to me.  The audience should stop rewarding her by applauding everything Bari says.   

Surprisingly (well not really!) the topic of cancel culture came up again on the show Friday night.  It's not a bad topic per se but Bill Maher doesn't need to bring it up every single episode. There are plenty of other interesting and discussion worthy topics happening right now that could be covered.  Given her past in trying to silence those with a different opinion than hers, Bari Weiss should not speak on the subject of cancel culture unless it's to admit that she is a big fan of canceling others whenever their opinion defers from her own. 

** In addition to Bari Weiss, I wish Bill Maher would stop inviting Rick Wilson, Bill Krystol and Ann Coulter to name a few. 

Bill is BFF's with Bari...She has a track record of not being able to handle any kind of criticism. She can dish it out but can't take it herself. At Columbia, when she was a student there, she tried to get a professor who was Muslim "canceled". Not because of anything else...just because he/she happened to be a Muslim. The NY Times gave her job as an opinion writer with little experience and mostly because her mentor, Bret Stephens wanted her there after he made the move from the Wall Street Journal to the Times. The Times let her go a year ago...her colleagues were glad she left. To me she seems like a little rich girl with an entitlement attitude and used to getting what she wants. She and Bill are two of a kind...they have privilege and money yet spend their time whining about stuff like "cancel culture", masks and Fauci. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
14 minutes ago, UnknownK said:

I can see why Bill hates cancel culture since he was canceled 20+ years ago for speaking the truth.

He wasn't canceled by liberals or progressives, whom Bill accuses of being perpetrators of the cancel culture.

He was canceled by right-wing outrage for saying 9/11 terrorists are not scared.

• Love 12
On 1/22/2022 at 2:23 PM, aghst said:

That's factually wrong.

Bari isn’t wrong.  She’s done her research.

According to the CDC: fully vaccinated people with vaccine breakthrough infections can spread COVID-19 to others. This includes the delta and omicronvariants, the latter of which the CDC says they expect can be spread even if you're "vaccinated or don't have any symptoms."

From the WHO: Research is ongoing to understand the extent to which being vaccinated stops you from becoming infected and passing the virus on to others. More data is needed to know the extent of this protection. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, aghst said:

He wasn't canceled by liberals or progressives, whom Bill accuses of being perpetrators of the cancel culture.

He was canceled by right-wing outrage for saying 9/11 terrorists are not scared.

Exactly. I'm not for getting someone canceled for difference of opinion or a mistake. No one is perfect. You have to be pretty low for me to want you canceled. But held accountable for the stuff you say and do? Yes. If Bill or someone on his show is spreading misinformation on his show for example, that should be called out. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, aghst said:

13 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Exactly. I'm not for getting someone canceled for difference of opinion or a mistake. No one is perfect. You have to be pretty low for me to want you canceled. But held accountable for the stuff you say and do? Yes. If Bill or someone on his show is spreading misinformation on his show for example, that should be called out. 

Politically Incorrect was cancelled because Dinesh D'Souza called the 9/11 terrorists Patriots  or maybe it was Warriors, and Bill said "lobbing missiles" from hundreds miles away was cowardly-and he was referring to the American military.

But then HBO gave him this show, where he could drop F-bombs and speak to his heart's content without being censored. 

So Bill can now just STFU about "cancel culture." Someone should tell him he now wears the mantle of being "Whiny Little Bitch."

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Politically Incorrect was cancelled because Dinesh D'Souza called the 9/11 terrorists Patriots  or maybe it was Warriors, and Bill said "lobbing missiles" from hundreds miles away was cowardly-and he was referring to the American military.

D'Souza was objecting to those who called the terrorists "cowards" and he called them "warriors." Bill then responded, “We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That’s cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building. Say what you want about it. Not cowardly.”

• Love 3
On 1/23/2022 at 5:02 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

The Times let her go a year ago...her colleagues were glad she left.

She resigned from The Times, saying she was being bullied by her colleagues.

So she pretty much cancelled herself.

• Love 7

I thought Richie Torres was real good.  He brought up that one of the main reasons we have more crime is because of so many more guns in the country.  Many guns bought legally, then stolen, or given to those who could not buy legally.  You see it all the time, people drawing guns at fast food workers over a stupid argument about french fries.  WTF?  people are anxious, about the economy, covid, jobs, politics, etc. and they are much more willing that ever before to try and solve their problems with guns.  Bill should have given Torres more credit for this argument.

And good for Torres pointing out that the right are canceling as many people, if not more, than the left.

Torres was definitely the star of the show.  but of course, he is supposed to know all about West Side Story because he's Puerto Rican.  Really?

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Dharma Bum said:

She resigned from The Times, saying she was being bullied by her colleagues.

So she pretty much cancelled herself.

From what I read, she bullied her colleagues right back...she could dish it out but couldn't take it. I think she resigned before they were going to let her go. No great loss there.

• Love 6

I haven't watched the show since sometime last year.  I just got tired of Bill's brand of self-indulgence and a parade of terrible guests.  I did, however, catch his opening "Covid" monologue on YouTube and without going further,  I will say that Bill has never had an ability to put himself in the shoes of anyone who isn't him.

• Love 12
On 1/25/2022 at 5:42 PM, cali1981 said:

I haven't watched the show since sometime last year.  I just got tired of Bill's brand of self-indulgence and a parade of terrible guests.  I did, however, catch his opening "Covid" monologue on YouTube and without going further,  I will say that Bill has never had an ability to put himself in the shoes of anyone who isn't him.

There it is. I wish someone would tell this spoiled brat that the Montgomery Bus Boycott was “cancel culture.” Refusing to patronize businesses that had not divested from South Africa was “cancel culture.” Just because some kid on Twitter attached a cutesy name to something that people have been practicing for generations doesn’t make it a new thing that’s taking over. You do or say something stupid? Fine, and people are not obligated to support you or your product. That includes your show. I really can’t stand this guy.

• Love 10
On 1/25/2022 at 4:42 PM, cali1981 said:

One of my pet peeves is when Biill talks like because he's not offended by something, no one should be. Of course straight white men can have opinions. There's a difference between that and Bill talking like because something doesn't hurt him, it's not hurtful period. 

I don't think Bill is the worst by any means. I don't think he's racist. I don't think he wants people to die of covid. I just think he gets more annoyed by people he perceives as getting in the way of his fun than more important issues. It's why he rants about cancel culture constantly. Bill wants to say whatever he wants without backlash. He wants to do whatever he wants without covid protocols. I guess it all shows the privilege he doesn't seem to know he has. 

• Love 2
On 1/24/2022 at 9:47 PM, Hedgehog2022 said:

From what I read, she bullied her colleagues right back...she could dish it out but couldn't take it. I think she resigned before they were going to let her go. No great loss there.

Bari canceled herself from a newspaper job she hardly had the temperament or maturity for. I think she knew she could ride the wave of anti-cancel culture outrage and elevate her profile.  She's craven and while I would certainly like to get settled into normalcy again, opening the country up right now is an absolutely moronic suggestion.  They seriously mischaracterized the motivations behind the UK dropping restrictions and at least they have two political parties saying to get vaxxed.  It's a disingenuous position to act as if any serious person is pushing the idea that the vax is a silver bullet, but the science overwhelmingly shows it keeps people out of hospitals and from dying at higher rates.  Not sure why Bari and Bill don't want to admit that.  It must be a tough life jetsetting around the country to speaking engagements.

• Love 6

Just caught up with this episode today. I have to say it's a weak start to the season. Ritchie Torres looks like the Democrat version of Marco Rubio, just speaking in robotic soundbites without saying anything interesting. Was this guy elected because he resembles Obama?

I don't think Bari Weiss's rant about "getting over COVID" deserved the level of backlash it got in the news, but I agree that she rarely ever says anything interesting. She's very effective at self-promotion. She's making bank now being in the top 10 political newsletters from Substack. She created that fake narrative that she was cancelled from the NY times and it worked for her.

I hope more interesting topics are discussed in future episodes. The Academy museum and West Side Story discussions were a waste of time. 

Folks,

1. This is not the place to debate why Bill was fired back in the day.  That was not a topic on this episode.
  2. This is also not the place to debate liberals, right wing folks, and who "cancels" people more.
  3. It is absolutely not the place to make any broad statements about any political group. 

Many posts have been removed. 

On 1/23/2022 at 3:21 PM, aghst said:

They're suspect.

For instance when they were rising to the peak of the Omicron wave, they reported no deaths, even though they were approaching 100k cases a day.

Also early on in the pandemic, they were reporting like 45 deaths for several days in a row, the exact same number.

Their surgeon general said recently testing is overrated.

We also know that they'v tried to suppress outside reporting of covid data.

That is a rumor that keeps getting passed around, with no evidence whatsoever.  As far as the statistics go, reminds me of: 

Numbers will admit to anything if they’re tortured enough.

10 hours ago, Tara said:

That is a rumor that keeps getting passed around, with no evidence whatsoever.  As far as the statistics go, reminds me of: 

Numbers will admit to anything if they’re tortured enough.

So basically, we're to take what Ron DeSantis says about his Covid numbers as the Gospel truth because Bill said so!