Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

On 11/23/2021 at 1:00 AM, Kamal said:

Interesting because I think the opposite about Madeline and Ashlin. Good reminder that we all have different opinions.

This made me want to create a poll asking "who do you think is DCC unattractive?"

Surely the person with the least votes will be different to whom gets the most votes when asked "who is most attractive?"

(tempting but I don't think I should since that'll be too shady)

I think it's a valid discussion, because they used to make a big deal about who did or didn't have "the DCC look" on the show, and like it or not, looks are a big part of being an NFL cheerleader (and especially a DCC). I remember one season where Kelli and Judy were commenting that one girl's face made her look like a grandma. I can't remember whether or not she made it, but it was an ongoing topic of discussion that they liked her dancing but thought she wasn't pretty enough to be a DCC.

I feel like there are plenty of dance jobs where looks don't matter, but DCC isn't one of them. If you choose to make yourself a public figure by joining a reality show while auditioning for an NFL cheerleading squad that heavily promotes its members as sex symbols, conversations about your looks are fair game. Just my opinion! 

• Love 5

I have been thinking about this and I think that there will be a lot of retiring vets this year. Personally I would want Ashlee and Jalyn to come back as a fifth year but it most likely won't happen :(

I still think that Rachel W. might come back for a fifth year as well as Caroline and Madeline M. but who knows? Personally this is my list of girls that I wouldn't mind if they retired...

Amber M. (I like her but I'm pretty sure she's retiring)
Caroline
Erin
Gina
Kat
Kristin
Lexie
Madeline M.
Rachel W.
Taylor (confirmed)

As for the 2021 rookies? Well it's pretty obvious that at least one of them will either retire or get cut, but this year...it is hard to predict. 1) because I haven't seen the season, since my cable provider took my CMT away :( and 2) because they are all so talented. I mean I do have one prediction but it is like...the worst case scenario for me. Madeline S. :( 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I have been thinking about this and I think that there will be a lot of retiring vets this year. Personally I would want Ashlee and Jalyn to come back as a fifth year but it most likely won't happen :(

I still think that Rachel W. might come back for a fifth year as well as Caroline and Madeline M. but who knows? Personally this is my list of girls that I wouldn't mind if they retired...

Amber M. (I like her but I'm pretty sure she's retiring)
Caroline
Erin
Gina
Kat
Kristin
Lexie
Madeline M.
Rachel W.
Taylor (confirmed)

As for the 2021 rookies? Well it's pretty obvious that at least one of them will either retire or get cut, but this year...it is hard to predict. 1) because I haven't seen the season, since my cable provider took my CMT away :( and 2) because they are all so talented. I mean I do have one prediction but it is like...the worst case scenario for me. Madeline S. :( 

Amber m confirmed retiring 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I knew Lexie was retiring but I thought it wasn't confirmed yet. Oh well, I am always the last person to know anything, so I am not surprised lol

Also one of our insiders posted abt a changing of the guard next season when it comes to leadership and upper triangle it will be sad but exciting at the same time which I’ve been thinking abt like what that means 

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
19 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Ashlee was doing a q and a the other day and people were asking if she was coming back she said a lot of people were asking her that 

Its a little early to be asking publicly who is going to retire... Still alot of dancing and the show group events to attend..

On that note - just how much dancing did they do in the  2020-2021 season ? Yes they are 3-4 year vets on paper, but they couldn't dance a year. Some might still have the itch and the stamina  to do another year to make up for last year

Edited by sATL
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, blairwaldorf said:

I think it's a valid discussion, because they used to make a big deal about who did or didn't have "the DCC look" on the show, and like it or not, looks are a big part of being an NFL cheerleader (and especially a DCC). I remember one season where Kelli and Judy were commenting that one girl's face made her look like a grandma. I can't remember whether or not she made it, but it was an ongoing topic of discussion that they liked her dancing but thought she wasn't pretty enough to be a DCC.

I feel like there are plenty of dance jobs where looks don't matter, but DCC isn't one of them. If you choose to make yourself a public figure by joining a reality show while auditioning for an NFL cheerleading squad that heavily promotes its members as sex symbols, conversations about your looks are fair game. Just my opinion! 

I think one thing that makes the DCC unique in this regard as far as the "look" is that they are a pure dance squad. Other teams have a mixed dance/stunt team more in like with high level college cheer and competitive cheer. To perform those kind of stunts requires a completely different body type. 

The Saints are a good example. They have male and female members, ranging in age from 20-40. Their uniforms were redesigned to be less "sexy" and it's a lot more diverse. 

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, sATL said:

Its a little early to be asking publicly who is going to retire... Still alot of dancing and the show group events to attend..

On that note - just how much dancing did they do in the  2020-2021 season ? Yes they are 3-4 year vets on paper, but they couldn't dance a year. Some might still have the itch and the stamina  to do another year to make up for last year

Last year they danced at games was all it wasn’t until March this year that show group got to do like two shows and then danced at draft day 

1 minute ago, AdorkableWitch said:

I think one thing that makes the DCC unique in this regard as far as the "look" is that they are a pure dance squad. Other teams have a mixed dance/stunt team more in like with high level college cheer and competitive cheer. To perform those kind of stunts requires a completely different body type. 

The Saints are a good example. They have male and female members, ranging in age from 20-40. Their uniforms were redesigned to be less "sexy" and it's a lot more diverse. 

The saints now gave both dancers and cheerleaders/stunt team 

• LOL 1
On 11/22/2021 at 6:43 AM, DCC93 said:

I don’t understand why everyone balks or doesn’t think Lea should have made it. I love her. She’s adorable! We’ve had plenty who haven’t been glam girls. What’s up with that?

I absolutely agree with all you say here! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course and there is no such thing as an ‘ugly’ DCC😉 
And yes, there have been quite a few pretty DCCs who seemed to have lacked the absolute wow-factor or glam, but were still good DCC’s.  Some names that come to me now are Christina R, Lisa, Teri (2012), Jinelle and Amy L. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

I knew Lexie was retiring but I thought it wasn't confirmed yet. Oh well, I am always the last person to know anything, so I am not surprised lol

Lexi’s retirement video is on the DCC making the team facebook page. I find the timing odd by the way…. The new squad has only just been officially revealed and normally these announcements aren’t made until spring. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, LilyD said:

Lexi’s retirement video is on the DCC making the team facebook page. I find the timing odd by the way…. The new squad has only just been officially revealed and normally these announcements aren’t made until spring. 

I like to think of it as TPTB turning back the page on long waits like last season's announcements. If that's the case, then THANK GOODNESS. The 2020-2021 retirements took waaaaaay too long in my opinion. It took so long a bald blue guy from a freaking comic book had to be the one to tell us! 😂

Edited by Lona
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
14 hours ago, blairwaldorf said:

Times are a-changin’, though. I think we’ve seen the advent of a kinder, gentler MTT this season where looks and weight are discussed a lot less. Personally, I’m here for it.  When I watch older seasons on Pluto, some of the discussions about looks seem downright mean (like your Chandler example above). I’ve always thought that TPTB shouldn’t take anyone to training camp that they didn’t find beautiful. Why waste someone’s time over something they can’t change?

• Love 18

As a child through being in my 20’s I heard directly or indirectly that I was not attractive, bump on my nose made me look like a witch, told to say yes to the first guy who asked me to marry him as no one else would, to being told I was homely. I would never want to inflict the emotional pain on these ladies as I have felt. Beauty on the outside fades as the beauty on the inside is what counts. Some of the beauties can be unpleasant or vacant inside.  I am not interested in who is unattractive or less attractive. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

Is it possible that Lexi is doing something that starts in the spring/late-spring so it makes transitioning to her next chapter easier ( on SM) if it is announced now? Like starting grad school in January. getting married in the spring, big move/job upcoming ?

Or she could be someone who likes "long goodbyes" - ie " I can't believe this is the last time I will do/see/experience xxx"  - for days until the end..  {sidenote: I had a former co-worker that ran the 2 week notice thing into the ground...}

BTW- Just glanced up at the Macy's parade and the featured ladies just did  a jump split - on a concrete street !! the location flashed - 77th st and Central park west.  I missed the name of the group - they are wearing maroon, with a "M" on their sweater, looked to be HS age. So, future TCCs - take note - yes - the jump split is taught somewhere , and probably outside of TX, before trying out for a DCC, And the precision dancing of the cast, which is pretty diverse, from the shows on the Macy's star - wow... What former DCC do we know that is now on Broadway? 

Edited by sATL

My guess on who is retiring...

Lexie, Amber, Taylor (confirmed)

Gina, Rachel, Jalyn, Erin, Madeline, Kristin

This would leave the four group leaders to be Caroline, Ashlee, Kelcey, and Chandi

The four second leaders would most likely be Claire, Marissa, McKenzie, and Armani

I think point would be Caroline and Ashlee sharing

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

My guess on who is retiring...

Lexie, Amber, Taylor (confirmed)

Gina, Rachel, Jalyn, Erin, Madeline, Kristin

This would leave the four group leaders to be Caroline, Ashlee, Kelcey, and Chandi

The four second leaders would most likely be Claire, Marissa, McKenzie, and Armani

I think point would be Caroline and Ashlee sharing

Ugh please not Caroline for point. PLEASE. She's cute and all but gosh I miss a Kashara type girl up there.

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, TorProc said:

Is that Armani as point with Erin and Tori completing the triangle?

Yes, plus she was shown close up during the halftime show.  

It was like a big “suck it” to that dance teacher who told her her dancing wasn’t good enough😏

• Love 16

Just saw this pic is Lexie possibly preggers & that’s why she announced her retirement? Believe me she has a great figure. I just noticed her tummy area & ive never noticed that on her before…

735C2557-9EB3-40A2-977A-B72A6B3748E6.jpeg

23 hours ago, LilyD said:

Others have announced early when they knew it was their last season.  Announcing in the spring is really a new thing - they used to take a pic of the retiring girls on the field at the last game and post it.  Swimsuit calendar photo shoot used to be done in February, so girls would have to let them know if they were retiring in Dec/Jan.

15 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Where’s Gina Lexie and Rachel

On the stage.  Armani lead the triangle on the field in front of the stage.

• Love 5
12 hours ago, sATL said:

Is it possible that Lexi is doing something that starts in the spring/late-spring so it makes transitioning to her next chapter easier ( on SM) if it is announced now? Like starting grad school in January. getting married in the spring, big move/job upcoming ?

Or she could be someone who likes "long goodbyes" - ie " I can't believe this is the last time I will do/see/experience xxx"  - for days until the end..  {sidenote: I had a former co-worker that ran the 2 week notice thing into the ground...}

BTW- Just glanced up at the Macy's parade and the featured ladies just did  a jump split - on a concrete street !! the location flashed - 77th st and Central park west.  I missed the name of the group - they are wearing maroon, with a "M" on their sweater, looked to be HS age. So, future TCCs - take note - yes - the jump split is taught somewhere , and probably outside of TX, before trying out for a DCC, And the precision dancing of the cast, which is pretty diverse, from the shows on the Macy's star - wow... What former DCC do we know that is now on Broadway? 

That was the current Kilgore College Rangerettes...

• Love 2

Looks have always been a bonus to me...same with DCC...some are stunning (Rachel), but she's not beautiful to me...Lea just sparkles with enthusiasm & joy...that makes her so much more beautiful than the Barbie Girls...

My late hubby never thought he was particularly attractive...serious ugly duckling vibes...he'd been heavy as a child and bullied for it...as an adult, the chubby was gone, replaced with muscle..he sparkled...drew people to him in hoards. And he chose me...average-ish with some really good days. I always thought he looked like a million bucks. 

The point: don't be shallow

• Love 20
13 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

Looks have always been a bonus to me...same with DCC...some are stunning (Rachel), but she's not beautiful to me...Lea just sparkles with enthusiasm & joy...that makes her so much more beautiful than the Barbie Girls...

13 hours ago, CrazyMoon said:

The point: don't be shallow

So...we should care more about what's on the inside than outer appearance, because that's shallow, but calling women "Barbie Girls" based on the very same thing...their looks...is OK?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, JapMo said:

So...we should care more about what's on the inside than outer appearance, because that's shallow, but calling women "Barbie Girls" based on the very same thing...their looks...is OK?

Well they do have the special DCC barbie!

Edited by StellaCL
typo
  • LOL 3

@sATL - the quote was being weird, so just tagging you. 

It was the Minnesota Golden Gophers that opened up the Macy’s day parade. My mom and I both watch MTT and cringed when we saw the jump split on concrete. Yikes! 

The only DCC I can think of outside of Jacie that’s performed in NYC recently is Olivia, and I believe she’s retired, moved back to Texas and is part of the same realtor group as Kelsey. She might not have gone back after the pandemic, and she also has a small child. Not sure if any of that is related tho. 

• Love 2

The girls that opened the parade with a few kicks and then jump splits are the current Kilgore College Rangerettes.  (Some are also on the float.)  They traveled to NYC with the 'Spirit of America Productions' performing as "Macy's dancers."  No Gophers...

Rangerettes in NYC.jpg

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
On 11/24/2021 at 7:09 PM, sATL said:

On that note - just how much dancing did they do in the  2020-2021 season ?

I came over here to post that I watched the Thanksgiving game with family and I was so disappointed to see so little of the cheerleaders. I'm spoiled by the MTT show and didn't realize how little broadcast time they get.

My brothers were all "we watch for the football, silly."

• Love 5

Ohhhhhh so the “M” is for Macy’s? Even tho it’s the same colors and font as Minnesota? My confusion seems entirely understandable 😂

Thanks for posting! Rangerettes make a lot more sense even if their uniforms do not. Goodness. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

I came over here to post that I watched the Thanksgiving game with family and I was so disappointed to see so little of the cheerleaders. I'm spoiled by the MTT show and didn't realize how little broadcast time they get.

My brothers were all "we watch for the football, silly."

I watch the games for football too, but funny story...there was one closeup of about six of the cheerleaders during the Thanksgiving game and you should have seen the look on my brother's face when I named all six of them.  He was like, um, why do you know their names?  And I explained there's a TV show.  I actually only saw two episodes but I know their names from this forum!  Anyway, my brother said he didn't know they had a TV show, which didn't surprise me.  The cheerleaders aren't his type anyway.  He isn't attracted to "skinny" women.  He would have loved Vivian's look.  He loves curves!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

More from The Star, spoilered to take less room.

Hide contents

SJ_IMG_6451.jpg

SJ_IMG_6460.jpg

SJ_IMG_6465.jpg

SJ_IMG_6468.jpg

SJ_IMG_6482.jpg

SJ_IMG_6484.jpg

SJ_IMG_6489.jpg

SJ_IMG_6510.jpg

SJ_IMG_6514.jpg

SJ_IMG_6517.jpg

SJ_IMG_6519.jpg

SJ_IMG_6522.jpg

SJ_IMG_6525.jpg

SJ_IMG_6526.jpg

SJ_IMG_6534.jpg

SJ_IMG_6541.jpg

SJ_IMG_6549.jpg

SJ_IMG_6593.jpg

SJ_IMG_6630.jpg

SJ_IMG_6636.jpg

SJ_IMG_6722.jpg

SJ_IMG_6643.jpg

SJ_IMG_6646.jpg

SJ_IMG_6681.jpg

SJ_IMG_6686.jpg

SJ_IMG_6722.jpg

SJ_IMG_6693.jpg

SJ_IMG_6707.jpg

SJ_IMG_6709.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Whose the girl at the right end (11th picture) of the jump split? She hardly does a split compared to the others.

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Thanks for the pics. Whose the girl at the right end (11th picture) of the jump split? She hardly does a split compared to the others.

This is the pic I took between that one and the one where they landed. You can see she did get all the way up in the air, she was just a millisecond after the others. The camera shows all of the minute differences in timing, but when watching it live, they all look in sync.

SJ_IMG_6520.jpg

• Useful 6
  • Love 9

So random question every week it seems one girl in each group buys presents for the girls in their group again i'm wondering what do these young ladies do for work? I happened to see whatever group Jensen is in. She got each girl in her group slippers and a blanket. There was a link for the slippers, they were $100 per pair and the blankets looked so cozy too. Are the gifts all sponsored or is each girl responsible for paying? I'm assuming there is sponsor kickback bc that seems like a lot of money even if its only once. Plus, i'd love to get presents every week haha! 

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, TB12 said:

So random question every week it seems one girl in each group buys presents for the girls in their group again i'm wondering what do these young ladies do for work? I happened to see whatever group Jensen is in. She got each girl in her group slippers and a blanket. There was a link for the slippers, they were $100 per pair and the blankets looked so cozy too. Are the gifts all sponsored or is each girl responsible for paying? I'm assuming there is sponsor kickback bc that seems like a lot of money even if its only once. Plus, i'd love to get presents every week haha! 

I got the impression that Jensen made the blankets herself and her mother owns the slipper company, reading it on one of their IG stories. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

I got the impression that Jensen made the blankets herself and her mother owns the slipper company, reading it on one of their IG stories. 

She made the blankets! And her mother owns the slipper company? Obvs I didn't read the story that closely...

In general though they seem to do fairly elaborate gifts each week, i'd like to receive gifts like that for showing up to work! 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, TB12 said:

She made the blankets! And her mother owns the slipper company? Obvs I didn't read the story that closely...

In general though they seem to do fairly elaborate gifts each week, i'd like to receive gifts like that for showing up to work! 

I might be wrong but I'm sure I read it somewhere! Struggling to find it now.

Even if they were paid for, I agree. It's a lot of money to spend. I'd probably just make some cookies or something!

• Love 4