Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, BunnyHop96 said:

They’re kicks look so nice (long/lean) in rehearsal/practice and then you put the boots on and they just turn so…gross? I

Haha this. I somewhat like to think it's because during the rehearsals we see, they're legit fighting for a spot on the team and giving it 10000% 

Also I'm sure the boots make it harder/less pretty

• Love 2
2 hours ago, BunnyHop96 said:

They’re kicks look so nice (long/lean) in rehearsal/practice and then you put the boots on and they just turn so…gross? I think they could benefit from Lucchese altering the sole of the boot so that the shank is more flexible to really show off a pointed foot like we get to see in their sneakers.

I know the outter sole is specially modified from a typical western boot sole to more of a dance type sole (whatever that may be for them when dancing on turf) so it really shouldn’t be that hard to alter the shank of the boot and even into the toe of the sole to be more flexible for nicer, cleaner lines.

[snip]

I have a vague recollection of @ShellyB saying something about the soles of the boots being modified to make them more dance friendly. They do still look pretty stiff though. I wonder if they've modified it as much as they can while still having it look like a cowboy boot.

The Broncos have a similar situation. Beautiful kicks though. Maybe not so much the one on the left.

gjoatnqctdso6pqpxbcs-b.thumb.jpg.ed162be16e1e2303cff806cdee81d252.jpg

Some teams have this boot which is basically a jazz shoe with a boot shaft attached. It allows them to point beautifully, but the boots themselves look kind of weird. I wonder if it's a tradeoff. The boot can either point or it can look good, but not both.

ajgxszcpvafsvfk7yhgq-b.jpg.41a0cdf85ec3268d5a3276b53c95a5e3.jpg

wzpox2vnufujsqlwzs9t-b.thumb.jpg.18eb8baa484d176bb3c4a8efd66df61d.jpg

yx3bdxyxa1ghmfvioxgf-b.jpg.8ddcd10fe16c0f29724ddf1f7f73ab9f.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Kylie just posted on Instagram that she will be living in Texas. I never got the vibe from her social media that she'll re-audition but now there is a big chance she's coming back!

Kylie from this season and Cassie from season 15 are the comeback girls I'm hoping to see.

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Kylie just posted on Instagram that she will be living in Texas. I never got the vibe from her social media that she'll re-audition but now there is a big chance she's coming back!

Kylie from this season and Cassie from season 15 are the comeback girls I'm hoping to see.

I do know Cassie from season 15 auditioned for season 16 as well 

• Useful 1
7 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Why wasn’t Armani at practice tonight 

Not sure maybe under the weather maybe she was there just wasn’t in the group shot for whatever reason 

Edited by Holly85
On 11/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, Survivor197 said:

Rockstar Rookie: Kaydianna

One and Done: Rebecca - just doesn’t seem that into being a DCC 

Sleeper Hit: Kelee

Rockstar rookie- Tyra or Kleine. Tyra seems like she has the sweetest heart and is a beautiful dancer; and Kleine is adorable, a fun dancer, and a deff an entertainer. 

One and done- Amber. I really like her, but I feel sometimes she blends.

Sleeper hit- Lea. I will pull for my girl until the end. she's literally so cute and has so much pop when she dances, more than some of the vets.

• Love 21
10 hours ago, Kamal said:

wow, just looked at her post...can't believe she (or her parents) bought a house there. i wonder if she has a job 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, vanillagum said:

wow, just looked at her post...can't believe she (or her parents) bought a house there. i wonder if she has a job 

What’s wrong with her buying a house here 

• LOL 1

16 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Rockstar rookie- Tyra or Kleine. Tyra seems like she has the sweetest heart and is a beautiful dancer; and Kleine is adorable, a fun dancer, and a deff an entertainer. 

One and done- Amber. I really like her, but I feel sometimes she blends.

Sleeper hit- Lea. I will pull for my girl until the end. she's literally so cute and has so much pop when she dances, more than some of the vets.

Amber is the next Kristin in my eyes. I think she's in danger of being cut next year at auditions... Maybe she'll get lucky though, some do! K&J could see her as a great ambassador and she'll stay a DCC until the end of her career. Also agree on Lea. People weren't fans of Gina and her looks yettttttt... 😗 *looks at point of triangle*

Edited by DCC93
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, forumborum said:

Topic change..editing or just concerned ?

1B4EACBD-D1E3-431A-AEB2-F7CD736CF78C.jpeg

I've been one to say she looks like she doesn't take care of herself but that was more of her internal glow. Here, I think her body looks fine. All of these girls are pretty skinny, i don't think this is anything to be concerned about.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DCC93 said:

I've been one to say she looks like she doesn't take care of herself but that was more of her internal glow. Here, I think her body looks fine. All of these girls are pretty skinny, i don't think this is anything to be concerned about.

I was thinking this same thing. Maybe she drinks a lot?? I think a person’s lifestyle really shines from the inside out. I know it must be hard for the girls to maintain a healthy lifestyle(feeding their body with nutritious whole foods and not starving themselves then eating bad food) with their schedules. But I 100% see what you’re saying about her internal glow. She’s a beautiful girl nonetheless. 

• Love 2

I haven't been on this board in a while.  Any one know if Lisa is still planning on auditioning again next year?  I feel like the girls don't really care for her that much.  The last I looked at her instagram I feel like the current girls on the squad, those that she was on the squad with the past two seasons do not comment much on her posts.  I know it's been previously said she is not liked by many, so I am wondering how she made it onto the team in the first place.  Additionally, I am thinking even if she does audition again, will the current squad and newcomers that want to be on the team next year...will Lisa be overlooked?  Same goes for VK.  If VK plans on trying out again, will they want to put up with her {immaturity} or whatever reason that she stepped back this year?  I wonder how they are going to spin VK auditioning again since they never mentioned she took a break from the squad this year on the show.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I haven't been on this board in a while.  Any one know if Lisa is still planning on auditioning again next year?  I feel like the girls don't really care for her that much.  The last I looked at her instagram I feel like the current girls on the squad, those that she was on the squad with the past two seasons do not comment much on her posts.  I know it's been previously said she is not liked by many, so I am wondering how she made it onto the team in the first place.  Additionally, I am thinking even if she does audition again, will the current squad and newcomers that want to be on the team next year...will Lisa be overlooked?  Same goes for VK.  If VK plans on trying out again, will they want to put up with her {immaturity} or whatever reason that she stepped back this year?  I wonder how they are going to spin VK auditioning again since they never mentioned she took a break from the squad this year on the show.

She is auditioning next season I’ve seen current girls comment on her stuff from group leaders to girls that were cut from training camp 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
On 12/1/2021 at 9:24 PM, BunnyHop96 said:

Kat, please, I’m BEGGING you, get a new wig 😭

Yes…ongoing discussion… her hair pieces literally scream “wig” which defies the whole purpose of it. It should look natural and not visible that it is a wig. With Kat you see the netting and/or a thin line just above her forehead. Such a shame as she is so beautiful. But I cannot unsee it. 

As for the discussion on beauty a few pages back; beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all like something different but I do think a dancer/entertainer should have a certain appeal. And fortunately, the standard is no longer limited to being a tall, skinny blue-eyed girl with long blond hair, so there is room for different looks, which is absolutely great. This is the entertainment industry and people come to watch. So yes, I can see your looks being a thing when you audition (whether it’s fair to an amazing dancer is another discussion). You need to stand out one way or another.

And sometimes, looks can be improved a lot.  A plain, mousy girl won’t stand out for instance, but she might after a makeover and if she has some pop. The one thing I hate in general when it comes to looks are bad teeth….that has a huge effect on your overall appearance. And that’s another thing that can be fixed (though it can be expensive!)

• Love 9

I know a lot of people have said they couldn't connect with the 2nd year vets because they didn't get to know them. Well I'm the opposite. I got to know all of them through social media this past offseason and the s15 rookie class is my favorite.

No one is week and no one is a blender. Even the leased noticed girl in that class is Jessica and she is not week at all. She can kick and is beautiful.

There are some week girls in other rookie classes but not in the season 15 class !!

plus they seem like a very tight group.

Edited by Kamal
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Kamal said:

I know a lot of people have said they couldn't connect with the 2nd year vets because they didn't get to know them. Well I'm the opposite. I got to know all of them through social media this past offseason and the s15 rookie class is my favorite.

No one is week and no one is a blender. Even the leased noticed girl in that class is Jessica and she is not week at all. She can kick and is beautiful.

There are some week girls in other rookie classes but not in the season 15 class !!

plus they seem like a very tight group.

I loved seeing rookie class 15 girls night last night so much fun it seemed like 

• Love 5
On 11/21/2021 at 8:23 AM, ExtremeFajitas said:

Rockstar Rookie: Great dancer and ambassador, ROTY candidate

One and Done: Either retires or gets cut next season

Sleeper Hit: Flies under the radar at first but starts to really shine in year 2 or 3

Rockstar Rookie: Tyra for dancing, Kleine for personality 

One and Done: Jensen ...unless she turns it on.  I love her but she barely made the team.

Sleeper Hit: Kelee 

• Love 3
On 11/21/2021 at 5:12 PM, dccfan204 said:

Lea is probably my least favorite DCC ever

Madeline S is my least fave of the rookies from the past five years at least.

My least fave ever... Gina and Tess

• Love 4
On 11/22/2021 at 1:16 AM, Kamal said:

Oh and I think Ashlin will become poster girl. I think she has the kind of beauty that almost all can agree on.

(unlike how Madeline and Lea have strong opinions from both sides)

Ashlin might not be everyone's first choice of beauty but nobody will deny her beauty.

I feel the same about Dani... I think she's the prettiest on the team period (even above Rachel).

• Love 9
On 11/23/2021 at 3:45 PM, Tuxcat said:

Plus I think it's cute that Kleine Megan and Lea live together. Seems fun. (Though I still wish I knew what they did for a living...

Kleine is a graphic designer for Suffolk Dance. She's running their December 2021 campaign.  The others...no clue 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 11/23/2021 at 2:59 PM, DCC93 said:

Idk why I've been thinking about this so much... Who do y'all think is gonna form the triangle(s) next year if all the 4th & 5th years leave?! I can't believe the season is over!

If Ashlee doesn't return...just my prediction... Claire, Armani, Chandi, Kelcey.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, LilyD said:

Yes…ongoing discussion… her hair pieces literally scream “wig” which defies the whole purpose of it. It should look natural and not visible that it is a wig. With Kat you see the netting and/or a thin line just above her forehead. Such a shame as she is so beautiful. But I cannot unsee it. 

Here, here!  Kat looks “wiggy” and it’s quite distracting.  It’s like all she’s missing is a hanging price tag a la Minnie Pearl, the hair looks that fake.  She’s pretty but I’d love for her to make (and keep🤨) an appointment with the wig pro that graced Kelee with her new style. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

Is there going to be a pro bowl game this year?  They pick Pro Bowl Cheerleader at the last game of the season, correct?  I hope that it is Lexie if Gina is not retiring this year.  

I know the players are going but no news of cheerleaders 

• Useful 1

did we do this yet? I'm sorry if we did! but...

who do you want for Pro Bowl?

who do you think will get Pro Bowl?

who do you want for Rookie of The Year?

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year?

who do you want for Veteran of The Year?

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year?

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Erinbridget said:

who do you want for ROTY

who do you think will get ROTY

who do you want for VOTY?

who do you think will get VOTY?

I'm just going to reply to my own so I didn't have to make one long post haha

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Claire

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Lexie

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Kleine, Tyra, or Lea

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Kleine or Tyra

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Claire

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Gina

Edited by Erinbridget
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

Lol sorry that I don't remember who wins every year..then Rachel W.

Sorry I didn't want to sound rude. I just remember VOTY and ROTY from last year but not the years before.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Gina or Lexie

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Gina

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Kleine or Tori

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Kleine

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Lexie

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Lexie

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Gina or Lexie

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Gina, Lexie, or Rachel W

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Kelee

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Kelee, Kleine, or Lea

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Lexie

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Lexie

• Love 2

Do we even know if they are sending a lady from each squad to pro bowl I follow a lot of diffrent teams it’s strange that no one has announced yet ? Makes me think they aren’t letting cheerleaders goes and possibly just using the raiderettes!! 

• Useful 2
11 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Lexie

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Rachel 

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Tori

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Megan

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Ashlee

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Caroline

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Erinbridget said:

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Gina

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Gina

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Kelee

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Kleine or KayDianna

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Kelcey / Ashlee

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Lexie / Rachel

• Love 1
  • who do you want for Pro Bowl?
    • Lexie!
  • who do you think will get Pro Bowl?
    • Lexie
  • who do you want for Rookie of The Year?
    • Kellee or Tori
  • who do you think will get Rookie of The Year?
    • Tori
  • who do you want for Veteran of The Year?
    • Lexie
  • who do you think will get Veteran of The Year?
    • Rachel W
  • Love 1

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Lexie

who do you think will get Pro Bowl?  Gina

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Tyra

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year?  Kleine or Tori

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Jalyn or Ashlea 

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Lexie or Rachel 

• Love 2

who do you want for Pro Bowl?

(I actually don't know. I really liked Amy as pro bowl. She seemed to get along with the girls from other teams so whoever is outgoing as she was.)

who do you think will get Pro Bowl?

Lexie

who do you want for Rookie of The Year?

Kellee

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year?

Megan

who do you want for Veteran of The Year?

Kelcey

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year?

Amber

• Love 3
On 12/7/2021 at 1:52 AM, Lona said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3pTyxUpps4

A new DCC Journey video was posted and it was Gina! :) 

Really, really do love her as a DCC. I know she isn't for everyone, but I really do feel she may go down as one of the great ;). 

Yay!  I was glad to see it!!! But I feel like she got shortchanged since it didn’t talk about her injury and comeback.  We missed 3 seasons… it went straight from rookie until this season… However, My favorite part is when she FaceTimed Tess and Savannah to tell them about point. Gina seemed genuinely surprised to be on the 50.  I think she has been underrated for a while and it was well deserved! 😁

On a side note, I don’t see the draw to Armani on the 50…. I personally think Ashlee is a much more fluid dancer.  I would love to see her on the 50 next year. 

• Love 3
On 12/8/2021 at 1:50 AM, Erinbridget said:

Pro Bowl (want) - Lexie   Pro Bowl: (think) - Rachel W.

ROTY (want) - Lea           ROTY (think): KayDianna

VOTY (want) - Ashlee         VOTY (think): Kat

• Love 1