who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Tyra

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? KayDianna

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Jalyn

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Gina

Gina Already got vet of the year 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

Unpopular opinion: Armani isn't one of the strongest dancers on the squad

I think Armani is a phenomenal dancer.  The only thing I dislike is her hair.  I wish they would do something different or go back to how she had it during training camp her rookie year.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think Armani is a phenomenal dancer.  The only thing I dislike is her hair.  I wish they would do something different or go back to how she had it during training camp her rookie year.

I totally agree with you. She looked better in training camp.

But I just can't put the difference into words. Her hair has changed but I just don't know what and how.

11 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Pro bowl announcements have started here is who the Vikings chose 

40E1C038-C8A5-439A-889E-F53384DF1313.jpeg

I love that they have an 8-year girl!  As happy as I always am for the new girls who make the squad, it always makes me sad when the girls I've been rooting for move on, even though it's totally understandable when they do (injuries, time constraints, going out on top, etc.).  There are so many girls I'd have loved to see stay longer, I wish this was the type of job where that would be more feasible.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, raindancer said:

I love that they have an 8-year girl!  As happy as I always am for the new girls who make the squad, it always makes me sad when the girls I've been rooting for move on, even though it's totally understandable when they do (injuries, time constraints, going out on top, etc.).  There are so many girls I'd have loved to see stay longer, I wish this was the type of job where that would be more feasible.

The ravens started their fan vote for who to send to pbc there is 5 nominees to choose from voting started today with their pbc to be announced on the 19th 

• Useful 2

Re: pro bowl I’d love to see Gina go, but I think it’s awesome for Lexie to go as well. Too bad they can’t both go. I love them both. 

I feel like there will be a year like season six next year where there isn’t a lot of tenured vets on the squad since we’ve already heard of some 4-5 year girl retirements.  I think it’ll be interesting to see who steps up as leaders.

I could be completely off base, but I’ll be excited to see what happens.

whatever happens, I hope Ashlee stays. She’s amazing.

• Love 6
42 minutes ago, TheGenuineBeauty said:

8 YEARS???!!!! DCC could never lol. I am pretty sure the world record for longest reigning DCC is 8 and that was back in the 70s.

The ravens have a male cheerleader for 17 season 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Lexie

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Gina, Lexie, or Rachel W

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Tori or Lea

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Seriously could be any of them. Kleine maybe. Or any of the three on show group. 

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Jalyn

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Lexie, especially if she doesn't get Pro Bowl. She's put in the work to get at least one of the two.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Holly85 said:

If you go up to the other comments I was talking abt the ravens male cheerleaders how they have some guys that have been on the squad for 13-17 seasons 

How long has that squad been co-ed?

who do you want for Pro Bowl? Gina or Lexie

who do you think will get Pro Bowl? Gina

who do you want for Rookie of The Year? Tori or Tyra

who do you think will get Rookie of The Year? Kleine

who do you want for Veteran of The Year? Ashlee or Jalyn

who do you think will get Veteran of The Year? Rachel W.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Holly85 said:

Since 1998 so 23 years 

That's a long time. They were way ahead of all these squads that recently went coed in last 2-3 years. The latest one to change is the Saintsations which is now co-ed and known as Saints Cheer Krewe.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That's a long time. They were way ahead of all these squads that recently went coed in last 2-3 years. The latest one to change is the Saintsations which is now co-ed and known as Saints Cheer Krewe.

The saintsations had a few male dancers before they  became the krewe 

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

The saintsations had a few male dancers before they  became the krewe 

I didn't know that. It must've been around the time same of these teams started taking guys. I think the Bucs, Seahawks, and Rams have had guys for the last 2 or 3 years. I'm sure there's more than that.

Edited by MrsEVH
1 hour ago, MrsEVH said:

I didn't know that. It must've been around the time same of these teams started taking guys. I think the Bucs, Seahawks, and Rams have had guys for the last 2 or 3 years. I'm sure there's more than that.

Yes saints had them for 3 years one of the guys is a 3rd year vet and captain this year 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MaryWebGirl said:

The Ravens have dancers but have also always had stunters. I assume that's what the long-term men are. 

You’re correct.  The guys are the stunters. They have women as dancers and as stunters.  

• Love 2
On 12/10/2021 at 2:18 PM, Holly85 said:

The ravens started their fan vote for who to send to pbc there is 5 nominees to choose from voting started today with their pbc to be announced on the 19th 

I took a look at their roster and I couldn’t help but notice many of their cheerleaders look OLD! 

66FF8BD0-A5F0-4569-95F9-A2C98B94B06A.jpeg

31AB51E6-FA12-411E-92D3-52CC79E8EC7F.jpeg

D5FB8793-2B95-4C55-8E36-A72AD4516A05.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, StellaCL said:

Thanks.

Was only able to open it once logged out so I guess I'm blocked...

Weird since I don't think I've ever commented on her posts. Just remember following her a log time ago...

edit: Looking at her posts I don't remember seeing any of them so maybe I never had followed her. Will never know.

Edited by Kamal
5 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

I took a look at their roster and I couldn’t help but notice many of their cheerleaders look OLD! 

What would you consider old? The first picture I thought at first was Gina.  All three are very pretty

• Love 10

I am here for this more mature cheerleader…definitely did a double take! They’re all beautiful. Could be mid to late 30’s tho, sometimes it’s hard to tell with makeup and such, plus I think some of the injections and things the ladies are doing in their 20’s these days prematurely too. I’m 44 for what it’s worth. 

That said, Angel (pic 1) and Gina could absolutely be related! Angel is an 8 year vet and a business owner and Sheridan is a rookie and a high school math teacher. She might be mid 20’s and just needs a styling tweak? 

• Love 7
15 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Well considering Angel W. first joined the team in 2007(!), I would consider her tenure to be quite impressive!

image.png.90572acf6c75a04bea2eb5d8f60f948f.png

Also, she is not the only one from the 2007-2008 squad that is still on the team, as Jaime A. has been on-and-off the team since 2005(!), and is currently in her 15th season, which probably makes her the longest tenured NFL cheerleader of all time.

image.png.9b3c0b524715696f6ae545ac447b615c.png

image.png.54c8639e095bbcc3e2e0df6cf40f388c.png

I am curious as to why many cheerleaders from the Ravens squad tend to be on the team for so many years. Would be certainly hard to imagine for a DCC!

Edited by Cody701
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Cody701 said:

Well considering Angel P. first joined the team in 2007(!), I would consider her tenure to be quite impressive!

Also, she is not the only one from the 2007-2008 squad that is still on the team, as Jaime A. has been on-and-off the team since 2005(!), and is currently in her 15th season, which probably makes her the longest tenured NFL cheerleader of all time.

I am curious as to why many cheerleaders from the Ravens squad tend to be on the team for so many years. Would be certainly hard to imagine for a DCC!

I’m thinking maybe bc some ladies are part of the stunting team and not the dance team possibly 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

Hm. Well they all may have a mature look, but I'm pleased to see these faces are basically all natural. Some of the girls on DCC are stuffed full of fillers and plumpers that they are unrecognizable from their rookie year. I stopped following rookie Christina on insta because all the photos she post in the uniform are air brushed and re touched so much, she always looks like a painting. I find her adorable, I hope she calms down with that. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, MeeMee2 said:

I stopped following rookie Christina on insta because all the photos she post in the uniform are air brushed and re touched so much, she always looks like a painting. I find her adorable, I hope she calms down with that. 

Coincidental - I noticed this photo today on Christina’s Instagram. No belly button for Lexie!

Also, every photo I see of Tyra this year in the regular uniform, her shorts have been cut way too low compared to the others. How have they not noticed this and sent her back to Lisa? 🤨

226965D9-7E17-40C3-BC06-16D69AABF5C8.jpeg

• Love 3
12 hours ago, Cody701 said:

Well considering Angel W. first joined the team in 2007(!), I would consider her tenure to be quite impressive!

Maybe they don't do jump splits or other things that wear the body down faster?

I have a good friend that did pro cheer until about 40, just to keep herself fit and in shape.  She loved dancing but got tired of the drama after so long.

• Love 5

As some say; what ís old? We are so used to watching and discussing the DCC that we sometimes seem to 'forget' that there are teams that have standards that differ from the DCC. And we may unintentionally base our thoughts on what we see most.

Within the DCC there seems to be an unwritten rule of retiring after 4 or 5 years.  And I'm like: Why? If they do a good job and are great team players, their maturity and experience can be a great asset to the team.  I think Kashara mentioned the maturity of Brennan as a big plus at one time. The same goes for Brianna and maybe Christina, though she was a weak dancer in general. Jenna was still young but had done 6 years and I think was sort of nudged towards the exit. But I could have happily watched her for another few years!

The women I saw on the posts above looked absolutely amazing. And with the DCC, I sometimes feel that they are leaning towards the very young girls. That's probably why we consider the ladies above 'old'. Even we, as DCC fans, were discussing a possible retirement of Christina and Brianna last year because (OMG) they were both no longer in their 20s and had cheered for so long. Well, as long as they can keep up and look good in uniform, I say Go for it!

• Love 15

I'm bored so here are the ages of the vets. (All ages may vary by one year)

Marissa - 20

Jada - 21

Claire - 22

Armani, Dani, Jessica - 23

Kelcey, Chandi, Elli - 24

Caroline, McKenzie, Darian - 25

Gina, Ashlee, Amber, Jalyn, Erin, Madeline, Taylor - 26

Lexie, Rachel, Kat, Kristin -  27

Edited by dccfan204
  • Useful 6
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Marissa - 20

Jada - 21

Claire - 22

I’m bored as well I’ve been on pro bowl cheerleader watch lol 

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

Marissa - 20

Jada - 21

Claire - 22

Thank you for this. I always wanted this information.

• Love 5

I always felt five years was a fine limit for team members. It's long enough for there to be a good number of veterans, but it also keeps the team fresh by welcoming new ladies. In fact, I always, fairly or not, side-eye the ladies who want to stay on for more than five years. It leaves me thinking: Don't you want to focus on your career/family, etc. instead of such a low-paying job? But, hey, it's their life.

As far as age, as long as they can put in the work, who cares how old the ladies are. I thought it was funny when Kelli and Judy talked about that lady who tried out in her 40s a few seasons ago. She looked great, but I knew there was no way in hell they would put her on the team, regardless of all the girl power talk they were spewing.

• Love 4