Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

My predictions:

Retiring vets (confirmed): Lexie, Amber, Taylor

Retiring vets (predicted): Gina, Rachel, Jalyn, Erin, Madeline, Kat, Kristin, Darian

Returning vets: Caroline, Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi, Claire, Marissa, Armani, McKenzie, Dani, Elli, Jada, Jessica

Group leaders: Caroline, Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi

Second leaders: Claire, Marissa, Armani, McKenzie

Rotating points: Caroline and Ashlee

Edited by dccfan204
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, cgloss said:

I always felt five years was a fine limit for team members. It's long enough for there to be a good number of veterans, but it also keeps the team fresh by welcoming new ladies. In fact, I always, fairly or not, side-eye the ladies who want to stay on for more than five years. It leaves me thinking: Don't you want to focus on your career/family, etc. instead of such a low-paying job? But, hey, it's their life.

As far as age, as long as they can put in the work, who cares how old the ladies are. I thought it was funny when Kelli and Judy talked about that lady who tried out in her 40s a few seasons ago. She looked great, but I knew there was no way in hell they would put her on the team, regardless of all the girl power talk they were spewing.

It seems like the re-auditioning each year/new solo/training camp expectation is arduous. I would be asking myself each year, do I really have another audition and training camp in me? Do I want to risk being the one vet they single out as not up to par for whatever reason when I have dedicated my entire life to DCC for X amount of seasons? Isn't it better to go out on top and not have a negative audition or training camp ruin your DCC experience?

I can see why 5 years seems like a very long time for most, especially since a good percentage of these vets cheered for other pro teams and auditioned multiple years for DCC before even making the team. Retiring at year 4 may as well be their 7th year of auditions and 8th year as a pro cheerleader etc.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/13/2021 at 2:06 AM, Cody701 said:

Well considering Angel W. first joined the team in 2007(!), I would consider her tenure to be quite impressive!

image.png.90572acf6c75a04bea2eb5d8f60f948f.png

Also, she is not the only one from the 2007-2008 squad that is still on the team, as Jaime A. has been on-and-off the team since 2005(!), and is currently in her 15th season, which probably makes her the longest tenured NFL cheerleader of all time.

image.png.9b3c0b524715696f6ae545ac447b615c.png

image.png.54c8639e095bbcc3e2e0df6cf40f388c.png

I am curious as to why many cheerleaders from the Ravens squad tend to be on the team for so many years. Would be certainly hard to imagine for a DCC!

(The Ravens are my home team, so Go Ravens!)

In comparison to the current DCC Squad:

The longevity results from fewer practices, depending on the season it is only 1 or 2 per week from 6 - 9pm. There is not one set number for how many cheerleaders there are. Between the co-ed stunt team and the dance team, there are usually around 55 cheerleaders (37 stunt and 18 dancers). This year there is a total of 52. In addition, they have a Promotional Team consisting of around 16 ladies who visit around town hosting give aways, etc. In total the cheerleaders do about 20 appearances per season. There is no long training camp in order to choose the team, etc. Dances are not as complex or numerous...

For those interested in Ravens cheerleaders tenure (dance and stunt):

Women: Rookies = 12; 2 yrs = 1; 3 yrs = 6; 4 yrs = 4; 5 yrs = 5; 6 yrs = 2; 8 yrs = 1, 10 yrs = 1, 15 = 1

Men: Rookies = 6; 3 yrs = 2; 4 yrs = 3; 5 yrs = 1; 7 yrs = 1; 9 yrs = 2; 13 yrs = 1; 14 yrs = 1; 16 yrs = 1, 17 yrs = 1

• Useful 8
  • Love 11
On 11/21/2021 at 10:33 PM, tteek74 said:

I don’t understand why everyone balks or doesn’t think Lea should have made it. I love her. She’s adorable! We’ve had plenty who haven’t been glam girls. What’s up with that?

it’s kind of how everyone came so hard for Marissa last year. Now, everyone loves her.

Totally agree. From what I see, there is no typical DCC. There are beauty queens like Rachel and adorable ones like Taylor and Armani. Lea is cute, she has a great body and when she dances she is transformed. She just has that extra something in my opinion that makes her stand out. 
Hated how some talked about Marrissa last year, though I recognize beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have our favorites and not so favorites. 

• Love 10
12 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

My predictions:

Retiring vets (predicted): Gina, Rachel, Jalyn, Erin, Madeline, Kat, Kristin, Darian

Returning vets: Caroline, Ashlee, Kelcey, Chandi, Claire, Marissa, Armani, McKenzie, Dani, Elli, Jada, Jessica

My retirement predictions are very close to yours. Just swap Ashlee and Jalyn.

I feel Ashlee is going to retire. (we don't want it to happen but) She has dropped some hints and I kinda believe those hints to be leaning on the retiring side....

I also think Jalyn is going to stay because although she may be busy with her business she needs the recognition of the DCC brand to make it bigger so I think she'll do one more year.

For point I feel like they'll give point to Caroline out of seniority but I want to see my girl Chandi shine, and I also think Claire can give the sass Kashara once gave to the team. 

Kashara and Rachel got point on there 3rd year. I think point being a 3rd or 4th year is better because giving it to the 5th years seems like you can get point if you stay long enough.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, Kamal said:

Kashara and Rachel got point on there 3rd year. I think point being a 3rd or 4th year is better because giving it to the 5th years seems like you can get point if you stay long enough.

To me, Gina should've had point in her 3rd season instead of Maddie/Amy. I'm personally rooting for an Ashlee/Chandi/Claire triangle. They all add an extra something to their dancing on the field.

I feel like previously Caroline would have been up there but she's been stuck further back for a while so I doubt she'll move forward. I know she was in the triangle when Rachel made point the first time but that doesn't really count because they weren't on the field! That third row spot has been solidly hers for a while now!

• Love 6
6 hours ago, LilyD said:

This made me chuckle a little… we’re talking about a team that hasn’t changed anything about their uniform since 2002 (apart from shortening the short shorts). They also haven’t updated their signature dance for over a decade, nor made noticeable changes to any of their other dances. The only significant changes are, indeed, the team members….

Many would also argue that the women are pretty cookie cutter as well (and therefore not a significant change). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 12/14/2021 at 3:00 PM, dccfan204 said:

My predictions:

I'm sad to learn that Amber will be retiring.  I know she is engaged, but I thought she had at least one more year in her lol.  I hope Jalyn and Ashlee do not retire because I would like to see them front and center in the triangle.  I feel like it's time for Gina to retire.  Love her dancing, but to be honest....I'm ready for new faces to be in the spotlight!  I don't think she will retire, because I feel like she would have made it known by now if she was planning on retiring after this season.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I'm sad to learn that Amber will be retiring.  I know she is engaged, but I thought she had at least one more year in her lol.  I hope Jalyn and Ashlee do not retire because I would like to see them front and center in the triangle.  I feel like it's time for Gina to retire.  Love her dancing, but to be honest....I'm ready for new faces to be in the spotlight!  I don't think she will retire, because I feel like she would have made it known by now if she was planning on retiring after this season.

I’ve heard 7-8 are retiring most of them aren’t ready to announce yet 

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

I think there will be more.  

On 12/15/2021 at 2:40 AM, Kamal said:

My retirement predictions are very close to yours. Just swap Ashlee and Jalyn.

I feel Ashlee is going to retire. (we don't want it to happen but) She has dropped some hints and I kinda believe those hints to be leaning on the retiring side....

I also think Jalyn is going to stay because although she may be busy with her business she needs the recognition of the DCC brand to make it bigger so I think she'll do one more year.

For point I feel like they'll give point to Caroline out of seniority but I want to see my girl Chandi shine, and I also think Claire can give the sass Kashara once gave to the team. 

I tend to agree with you on your predictions.  The one I am not sure of is Darian, but I think someone from that group will go and she is the most likely.  Lisa and Victoria will be back and I see no reason why they would not make it on the 2022 squad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
55 minutes ago, Holly85 said:

49 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

I think there will be more.  

I tend to agree with you on your predictions.  The one I am not sure of is Darian, but I think someone from that group will go and she is the most likely.  Lisa and Victoria will be back and I see no reason why they would not make it on the 2022 squad.

I am thinking 12 retirements, including one or two second years. 

I tend to agree that Lisa and Victoria will make it back if they return at the top of their game. Even though retired vets historically in the past 16 seasons haven't received any training camp invites, I think in this instance K&J would probably welcome their seniority since they are losing so many tenured vets, and because Victoria is well known and seems to have a lot of fans and support. On the other hand, if Lisa and Victoria do make it back, how many seasons do they really have left on DCC? Maybe it's better to start with rookies that will have more longevity. It will probably come down to how in love Kelli is with the rookies and how well Lisa and Victoria are performing. I don't put it past TPTB to cut one and take the other in a very cruel circumstance - we have certainly seen similar things before with TCC/DCC treatment. 

• Love 7

I'm going to go against the majority.......I don't think Gina will retire.  I see her wanting one more year at point.  She can hold her own against any of the younger girls, so IMO it's not a question that she's slowing down or anything.

Another prediction...remember, you heard it here first.  I think Claire will retire.  She came because Covid dried every dance opportunity up and she stayed a year more than I thought she would.  MTT has given her recognition and she needs to use that to get to the next level. 

I've watched the show since the first episode and there's been very talented girls come and go on the team.  Claire is the first that I think is a truly all-round professional dancer...one that could get jobs in LA, NY, Vegas, or wherever.  None of the choreography is a challenge for her.  She needs to move on.  She's wasting her talents in the DCC.     

• Love 19
5 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

She was consistently towards the bottom of the rankings. Taking this time off will make her an even weaker dancer.

But wasn't she liked from Kellie for some reason?

They took her over Julia when she was supposedly a better dancer right? (Yes she had a bad interview but still)

On 12/16/2021 at 5:28 PM, ByTor said:

I still don't get the fuss over Chandi.

Same. We've barely even seen her do or say anything so idk why everyone's suddenly so obsessed, let alone wanting her for point...like...what

• Love 6
15 hours ago, JapMo said:

I'm going to go against the majority.......I don't think Gina will retire.  I see her wanting one more year at point.  She can hold her own against any of the younger girls, so IMO it's not a question that she's slowing down or anything.

Another prediction...remember, you heard it here first.  I think Claire will retire.  She came because Covid dried every dance opportunity up and she stayed a year more than I thought she would.  MTT has given her recognition and she needs to use that to get to the next level. 

I've watched the show since the first episode and there's been very talented girls come and go on the team.  Claire is the first that I think is a truly all-round professional dancer...one that could get jobs in LA, NY, Vegas, or wherever.  None of the choreography is a challenge for her.  She needs to move on.  She's wasting her talents in the DCC.     

I hope not because I love her, but equally wouldn't blame her. She's too good for DCC. She can dance any style, which is definitely a waste for DCC!

• Love 2
On 12/18/2021 at 6:06 AM, Kamal said:

But wasn't she liked from Kellie for some reason?

They took her over Julia when she was supposedly a better dancer right? (Yes she had a bad interview but still)

Lisa is bilingual and has a career in STEM, in addition to teaching dance and prioritizing her fitness. Her personal style may not be my cup of tea, but she checks a lot of boxes.  

She’s still recovering from surgery and is back to teaching dance classes, so she’s likely still in strong dancing shape or will get there by auditions. She seems like someone who sets a goal and busts her tail to achieve it, so as long as TPTB want her back and she still wants it, I think she’d be good to go.  She reminds me a lot of a good friend who didn’t like having any idle time in her schedule  

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXNHNfOIIqN/?utm_medium=copy_link

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ExtremeFajitas said:

Anyone else feel like the official DCC social media account is posting a lot less content than in years past? I miss seeing clips of dancing from games, plaza performances, etc.

The plaza preformance turned into miller light house preformance and they do the same routine each home football game !!! 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, RileyJDR said:

I know people are tracking confirmed retirements but has anyone started a list of confirmed returners? I saw Elli said today she’ll be back and it made me wonder who else is a lock.

Don't have any names to add other than if Elli is returning then likely Dani is too since they are BFFs and roommates.

Edited by StellaCL
spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 12/18/2021 at 2:09 PM, Pau84 said:

Bridget and Amanda, both gone before their times.

Bridget had her years with San Diego, so I get why she didn't stay long. Regarding Amanda, I'd say she'd be point (co-point I guess?) next year had she stayed.

20 hours ago, kalibean said:

Lisa is bilingual and has a career in STEM, in addition to teaching dance and prioritizing her fitness. Her personal style may not be my cup of tea, but she checks a lot of boxes. 

Wasn't she also the one during the rookie candidate interviews who spoke off the cuff about what was going on in Israel? So I think she checked the "VERY MUCH up on current events" box as well.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, dccfan204 said:

YAYYYY LEXIE!!!!

There’s no way Gina is retiring now!

I honestly believe she will retire I don’t think not getting pro bowl  will make her come back for a 6th year !!! She will end up an all star 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 11

I think Gina would have been pro bowl cheerleader if she was retiring. I think Lexie getting it is a sign that Gina is returning. Super happy for Lexie!  I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve it either. I’d prefer Lexie get PBC over Gina anyway, even if Gina is retiring. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, TUOwl84 said:

I think Gina would have been pro bowl cheerleader if she was retiring. I think Lexie getting it is a sign that Gina is returning. Super happy for Lexie!  I’m not saying she doesn’t deserve it either. I’d prefer Lexie get PBC over Gina anyway, even if Gina is retiring. 

It’s a team vote so she must of not had enough votes 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2