Type keyword(s) to search

2021-2022 Squad

CrazyInAlabama
  • Start Topic

53 minutes ago, Christineelgene said:

Amber said she injured herself a couple months ago.  So if that was in February or March, I wonder why it took her so long to get it taken care of.  

From a PT perspective almost can guarantee she had to attempt non-surgical interventions and therapy before insurance would authorize surgery.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

From a PT perspective almost can guarantee she had to attempt non-surgical interventions and therapy before insurance would authorize surgery.

Thank you for the info!!

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/19/2022 at 12:37 PM, vanillagum said:

Once a girl takes a 'break,' it just seems like they're old news, as harsh as it is to say. Seems like every year the girls get prettier and better, and it's hard to turn them down for someone who's been there before, especially when they were only, like, ok

I agree. While I do think perks should come with seniority, I don't think being invited back should be a given either.

Edited by ByTor
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

I think the ladies who take a year off can come back with the vets based on seniority.  However, it should not be a given they make it to camp jut like any vet.  There will always be some potential vet cuts because they want the best squad and vets become complacent, gain weight, or struggled to make it and did not get better.  

Lisa's injury seemed so severe and she has good or bad days.  If she has a bad day at finals that could hurt her.  

On 5/20/2022 at 4:49 PM, Christineelgene said:

Amber said she injured herself a couple months ago.  So if that was in February or March, I wonder why it took her so long to get it taken care of.  

I tore my ACL on Jan 18 and reconstruction surgery on Mar 14. I had to get full range of motion back in my knee before my Doctor would schedule surgery, and then I had to fit into his OR schedule. Saw my Doctor for a pre op appointment end of Feb and he said my knee was healed to where he could do surgery. First opening was April 1st. Then I got a call on Mar 5th from my Doctor and he said he had an opening on Mar 14 if I wanted it and I said heck yes. 

Recovery and then rehab is not fun at all. Trust me on that!

• Love 9
On 5/20/2022 at 10:49 PM, Christineelgene said:

On 5/20/2022 at 11:43 PM, UnicornKicksBack said:

Agree with @UnicornKicksBack. Non-surgical intervention is usually the first way to go.
Also, I don’t know about the situation in the US, but over here in Europe, quite a few countries have a massive backlog in cancelled procedures due to the pandemic. 
Especially non-urgent, as in; you’re not dying from it, like orthopaedic surgery have waiting lists that can easily reach 6 months. (I’m waiting for a hysterectomy which was 4 weeks before the pandemic, was 8 months a year ago and is now 3-4 months). If rumors are true, the UK tops the lists with waiting times that can be up to a year!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hope you're fully recovered!

Thank you, but I have a long way to go. Fun things you learn about- the ACL is one of the slowest healing parts of the body due to limited blood supply. It does take at least a year for the new ACL and the bone anchors to have comparable strength to the original ACL. It can take up to 2 years for coordination to return to normal. It also takes around a year for all swelling to dissipate. I'm exactly 10 weeks post surgery today. I have PT twice a week. For another 3 weeks and then I'm on my own. Obviously, I'm not an athlete, but the recovery and rehab process has been intense. I celebrated the first time I could bend my knee enough to not sit awkwardly on the toilet. 

• Love 3
On 5/19/2022 at 6:53 PM, MrsEVH said:

How did you know Kelli seemed to be not happy with Victoria? Was it posted somewhere?

You brought up good point about Jalyn's office visit. I bet Kelli was hoping she would be complain and argue about not getting SG so she could cut her. Instead Jalyn acted very professional  and apologized. 

If I remember correctly, there was a video circulating of a show group performance at the end of VK's second year, and people on this forum were noticing that it looked like she had put on weight. Immediately after that, VK was no longer in the recurring show group performances and they brought in Mckenzie (who was a rookie at the time) instead, and we never saw VK in the performances for the rest of that season. 🤷🏻‍♀️

It's all speculation. We don't know if that's why she was pulled, or if she even was pulled in the first place (maybe she wasn't available for the other performances).

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

I cannot tell a lie, the one reason i am hoping the show doesn't get picked up this year is that we will miss the featured storyline about Vickie's Triumphant Return. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 9
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, Kamal said:

image.thumb.png.9863a8fdeedf93e1fd0010a5a6db7f93.png

I wonder though if TPTB will limit what they can post bc they are not being paid for the content & the Cowboys Org strikes me as VERY money motivated… 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, TB12 said:

I wonder though if TPTB will limit what they can post bc they are not being paid for the content & the Cowboys Org strikes me as VERY money motivated… 

Yes if they were using dcc ig pages don’t think they have much say over their personal ones 

• Love 1

image.png.13ee1fb84750efc041c9e2eb6ea512ec.png

Who would've guessed out of the 10 rookies the soon to be 4th years would be Chandi Kelcey and Kat?

(Yes Lisa and Viktoria are trying out but they won't be 4th years)

• Love 11

Kashara  posted on Insta that she was attacked in Jan 21 in her parking garage By three men who then stole her truck, it’s a vid of her boxing.. :-(

• Sad 1
10 hours ago, Kamal said:

Who would've guessed out of the 10 rookies the soon to be 4th years would be Chandi Kelcey and Kat?

I would have loved Amanda to have stuck around! Lily too of course but that wasn’t her choice.

• Love 9
On 5/28/2022 at 1:19 PM, Kamal said:

Well, it didn't really surprise me. I guess the only huge surprise was Victoria (temporarily) pulling out so soon instead of completing her full 10-year-tenure.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, LilyD said:

Well, it didn't really surprise me. I guess the only huge surprise was Victoria (temporarily) pulling out so soon instead of completing her full 10-year-tenure.

*20-year tenure.

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

so based on Taylor's wedding Thunderstruck, and I know tht Taylor and Erin are super tall, Ashlee is too damn short for point. Even on the end of the line and with Lexie, Bridget, Madeline, etc who are all average height, Ashlee looks like child. She's a powerhouse, but who are they going to put with her to not make her look too small. She deserves half point but dang she's short.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, UnicornKicksBack said:

so based on Taylor's wedding Thunderstruck, and I know tht Taylor and Erin are super tall, Ashlee is too damn short for point. Even on the end of the line and with Lexie, Bridget, Madeline, etc who are all average height, Ashlee looks like child. She's a powerhouse, but who are they going to put with her to not make her look too small. She deserves half point but dang she's short.  

I don't currently have a horse in the point girl race but Gina and Ashlee are close in height and Gina did fine at point. 

I like what someone here said about a shorter point allowing the diamond of the point to be seen better. 

ginaa_ashlee PT.jpg

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
19 hours ago, go4luca said:

I don't currently have a horse in the point girl race but Gina and Ashlee are close in height and Gina did fine at point. 

I like what someone here said about a shorter point allowing the diamond of the point to be seen better. 

ginaa_ashlee PT.jpg

Makes sense and Ashlee is def a powerhouse performer who has paid her dues. I think the way Gina is posed makes her looks shorter there. She teeny but not as short as Ashlee or Amber. Ashlee can def dance, I jsut prefer the taller girls I guess. 

• Love 2