Type keyword(s) to search

Lawson and Tiffany: Warbling His Way Into Her Heart

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, BetyBee said:

I slept badly last night, but I did have an actual dream about these two. I dreamed that the marriage was off and they broke up. Might be a good thing for Tiffany if my dream came true.

A very good thing for her. At least save her the trouble of divorcing him later when she gets tired of paying for everything while he does nothing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

How conservative are Tiffany's parents? She's acted, she seems to travel alone with Lawson and she definitely wears traditional clothing. Maybe they're not into social constructs and have no problem with their daughter being the bread winner. With that said, I'm not sure Tiff can maintain an acting career from TN.

As far as real estate investments, it hardly seems Tiffany has made enough to buy much more than one home/condo. And how does that work? Can parents even touch their child actor's money to invest it?

• Useful 2
16 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

They had a pre wedding BBQ last night. Not sure why now when the wedding isn't until May? 🤔

Probably because cheap K&G didn’t want to pay California $$$ for a rehearsal dinner. With ten kids still at home I wonder how they are going to manage travel to CA.

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, SMama said:

Probably because cheap K&G didn’t want to pay California $$$ for a rehearsal dinner. With ten kids still at home I wonder how they are going to manage travel to CA.

Probably because some of the married siblings are also wondering how they are going to manage travel to CA. If Erin or Tori or Zac decide not to bring all their kids, who is available to babysit? Do we know who is in the wedding? I’m guessing Nathan and Esther, not sure who else, maybe Trace?

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Probably because some of the married siblings are also wondering how they are going to manage travel to CA. If Erin or Tori or Zac decide not to bring all their kids, who is available to babysit? Do we know who is in the wedding? I’m guessing Nathan and Esther, not sure who else, maybe Trace?

Ellie or Addie, whoever was not in Katie’s wedding. 

2 hours ago, ozziemom said:

I don't think Lawson has announced his groomsmen. Tiffy only has one of the younger sisters (Ellie?) from the Bateses. Her party is only like five attendants.

• Useful 3

So no word on any of Lawson’s nieces & nephews being flower girls or ring bearers? That makes it easy on deciding to leave your kids at home for Erin, Tori, Whit etc. Baby Finley and Baby boy Stewart will be there but maybe that will be it. 

• Love 2

Every Bates boy, including Jeb and Gil (Mr. Allergic to Work), was hard at work. Except for Lawson who was busy being a diva for the gram. He’s so delicate that he complained about removing a toilet from the house because it was too heavy. Chad is working there as well, I hope they have the decency to pay him. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, SMama said:

Every Bates boy, including Jeb and Gil (Mr. Allergic to Work), was hard at work. Except for Lawson who was busy being a diva for the gram. He’s so delicate that he complained about removing a toilet from the house because it was too heavy. Chad is working there as well, I hope they have the decency to pay him. 

Oh, so they bought in the Knoxville area? I figured they would have bought in Nashville since that's where they plan to live. I guess Law figures his family can fix the place up for him, yet he will reap the profit. 🙄

• Love 1

The house is in Nashville.

I went down the rabbit hole and watched both the Instagram and YouTube videos, and all I have to say is, "Tiffany, RUNNNNNNN!!!!!."

Lawson is so self-absorbed and doesn't seem like he's into her at all. I noticed every time they film, Tiffany turns to Lawson as he's talking, but when she talks, he just stares at himself in the camera. His eyes don't even shift over to where she is on the screen. Is this really what she wants in life? To go from San Diego and Hollywood to some dumpy little fixer-upper and a husband whose in love with himself? I know she's young but you'd think her parents would know better. 

Eta: I thought it was weird in the YouTube comments when someone criticized Kelton for not being there to help. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Tiffy confirms that this is the third property she's purchased. The other two are still being rented out in CA. I wonder if she dipped into the equity of those to buy this dump?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbV2QAUP0BD/?utm_medium=copy_link

So Tiffany bought the house and is on tap to finance Lawson’s Peter Pan lifestyle indefinitely. She’s an adult but it would be nice if her parents had talked her into waiting until Lawson could contribute equally to their finances. The brothers are staying in the house in Nashville. Why should Kelton, who runs his own business, give up time with his family to help Lawson, who is unwilling to help himself. 

• Love 9

Wow, Tiffany is on her third home purchase at 22? Homegirl has clearly gotten some good financial advice. I imagine her income properties will be supporting them as Lawson plays to half-empty auditoriums around the South. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, SMama said:

So Tiffany bought the house and is on tap to finance Lawson’s Peter Pan lifestyle indefinitely. She’s an adult but it would be nice if her parents had talked her into waiting until Lawson could contribute equally to their finances. The brothers are staying in the house in Nashville. Why should Kelton, who runs his own business, give up time with his family to help Lawson, who is unwilling to help himself. 

Why should Chad? He should be home running his own business as well.

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Why should Chad? He should be home running his own business as well.

I completely agree, and being overly optimistic that they are paying him for his work. Sadly for Chad, his wife enslaved him to her family and Chad has not been able to stand up for himself. That family of 7 needs sufficient income. Chad should buy land and start collecting on all the favors he’s done for the Bateses, and start building a house. Five kids in one bedroom is neglected. But hey, Princess Erin gets her way.

ETA: Wishful thinking but I hope Tiffany’s parents (let them not be fundie) talked her into a prenup. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 7

I didn't see Chad at all, just the dopey brothers.  Neither Chad or Kelton should be roped into helping them, since you know, they have real jobs.    

And Zach, just because you are big, doesn't mean you have muscle.  He was pathetic trying to show off his "manly" demo skills.  Laughable really.  He's lucky Jeb wasn't behind that refrigerator when he knocked it over.  And Gil, what the AF was he doing?  This is a joke right?  

Why Tiffany feels the need to be saddled to that idiot is a mystery.  She clearly has her life on track and he's going to take her down.  She is so young that no one will be able to talk her out of her "true love".  Gag 🤢

6 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

So did they stop work at Zach’s to go do Lawso n’s  Tiffany’s? 

If I was Whitney, I'd be pretty pissed off if we just moved into our new, renovated home and Zach goes hours away to play construction man with his brothers.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

Called it a month ago - she owns two properties in California. She's been making money since age 12 and states like Ca. have rules on what parents can do with child actors' money - one of the things that's allowed is investing it for the kid to have at 18, whether in the stock market or real estate. I've known people who are upper middle class - as her family seems to be -who'll take any windfall/earnings a child receives and do just that - get the kid a property which is sure to appreciate in the next decade and then the kid can decide to live in it, collect rental income from it, or sell it. I'm guessing her parents used her earnings from when she was a kid to buy one property and then SHE used her earnings from Spiderman etc. to buy another one.

Financially she's being a moron because . . . love. And he is cashing in. He's about 30 and now can continue to pursue his high school talent show musician dreams until there's at least two kids because his wife has got probably like $3000-4000/month coming in the door; the property her parents would have bought when she was younger may be close to paid off/and prob has been refinanced to be at super low rates, frankly her own Ca. property is probably also at super low rates -- while charging high current San Diego rents -- that likely leaves her a few thousand in income monthly. 

I do wonder if her parents helped/provided the down payment for this house in Nashville. She thanked them pretty specifically for the help they provided - she didn't say financial help but I do wonder; if not, then a small fixer like that in Nashville goes for ~300k [I don't think it's huge but haven't watched the video] so Tiffy had to cough up a 30-60k down payment to put 10-20% down. It's gonna be a long road with this loser . . . .

Edited by cereality
  • Love 7
11 hours ago, So unbelievable said:

And Zach, just because you are big, doesn't mean you have muscle.  He was pathetic trying to show off his "manly" demo skills.  Laughable really.  He's lucky Jeb wasn't behind that refrigerator when he knocked it over.  And Gil, what the AF was he doing?  This is a joke right?  

Damn, that was scary. A few seconds difference in Jeb entering the room and it would have fallen on him.

It looked like they had too many guys there working in a small space = confusion and congestion.

• Love 5

The whole thing seems "off" to me too.  I never got the impression that Lawson was dying to get married. For one, I doubt he could love anyone more than he loves himself, and I always got the impression that he is not really interested in women.  But he is pushing 30 and in their culture he is probably facing serious pressure to settle down.  

Interesting that he met Tiffany through her DMs.  I honestly think he was looking for someone who could support him and his dreams of a music "career".  If he has to get married then he will get the best deal possible.  For all her Hollywood experience, Tiffany strikes me as being quite naive.  When the guy who was deemed a "catch" in fundie circles picked her out of the blue, she was swept off of her feet.  And as much as I dislike him, I have to admit that he is the master of the grand gestures.  He knew exactly what to do to seal the deal.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Love 7

I just watched Lawson and Tiffany's new music video, and it wasn't bad at all.  Thanks to auto-tune or whatever technology is used, Lawson sounded okay.  Tiffany has a nice singing voice.  I thought the song Crazy Love was pretty good--maybe Lawson will be able to succeed as a songwriter. Three minutes of watching the two of them was way too much however.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

I just watched Lawson and Tiffany's new music video, and it wasn't bad at all.  Thanks to auto-tune or whatever technology is used, Lawson sounded okay.  Tiffany has a nice singing voice.  I thought the song Crazy Love was pretty good--maybe Lawson will be able to succeed as a songwriter. Three minutes of watching the two of them was way too much however.

Tiffany does have a nice voice. Lawson was autotuned into oblivion. I agree the song isn't half bad. 

• Love 1
On 3/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, BitterApple said:

Tiffany does have a nice voice. Lawson was autotuned into oblivion. I agree the song isn't half bad. 

I was surprised..I thought it was good too..

• Love 2
(edited)

Part 2 of Lawson's home renovation:

https://youtu.be/aWbIvNUT_mw

For those who don't want to torture themselves, I'll do a quick summary. It's thirteen minutes of Lawson fiddling with his hair, admiring himself in the camera and watching everyone else do the work. He didn't lift a finger the entire time. Good luck with that one, TiffyPics.

The house is coming along, but the neighborhood looks kind of dated. I also noticed the neighbor's dog running loose. I wonder how that'll work out with Lawson's German Shepherd. Hopefully they fence the backyard. 

Oooh, and one juicy little nugget of info: someone on the Bates subReddit found the address and it turns out Tiffany's parents co-signed the mortgage. House was purchased for 245k. I know neither one has steady income so a co-signer may have been required, but part of me wonders if this wasn't a protective move on the Espensens' part. For example if Tiffany and Peter Pan divorce, she and her family get most of the money from a potential sale, versus Lawson taking 50%. 

I just can't see Tiffany being happy long term in this set-up. According to Redditers the house is forty-five minutes outside of Nashville and two hours away from Knoxville. What the hell is she going to do all day? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

That house cost $245,000?? I don’t know where it’s at, but in that condition in the area I live in it would be under $100,000 for sure. Wonder what the comps are for that area?

• Love 3

I'm not surprised that Lawson's parents didn't cosign the loan. Agreed - not a good move on Tiff's parents' part to have done that. Yes, overpriced shell of a house. They have to tend to absolutely everything there. I watched the video, part 2, and couldn't believe all the work it needed. It may have been better to have purchased a vacant lot and build a suitable nice first home for far less than they seem to be spending. Evidently, she will be the bank vault in that relationship.

• Love 5
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Part 2 of Lawson's home renovation:

https://youtu.be/aWbIvNUT_mw

For those who don't want to torture themselves, I'll do a quick summary. It's thirteen minutes of Lawson fiddling with his hair, admiring himself in the camera and watching everyone else do the work. He didn't lift a finger the entire time. Good luck with that one, TiffyPics.

The house is coming along, but the neighborhood looks kind of dated. I also noticed the neighbor's dog running loose. I wonder how that'll work out with Lawson's German Shepherd. Hopefully they fence the backyard. 

Oooh, and one juicy little nugget of info: someone on the Bates subReddit found the address and it turns out Tiffany's parents co-signed the mortgage. House was purchased for 245k. I know neither one has steady income so a co-signer may have been required, but part of me wonders if this wasn't a protective move on the Espensens' part. For example if Tiffany and Peter Pan divorce, she and her family get most of the money from a potential sale, versus Lawson taking 50%. 

I just can't see Tiffany being happy long term in this set-up. According to Redditers the house is forty-five minutes outside of Nashville and two hours away from Knoxville. What the hell is she going to do all day? 

Thanks for watching and the recap!  Saves me grinding my teeth at his vanity and laziness. 

That's a stupid amount of money for that tiny home!  Not a bit surprised that she cosigned with parents.  Maybe that's their way of saying, your husband to be is a dick and we are protecting you because you are too young, dumb and love struck to see it. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Nashville us a lot more expensive than Knoxville. That house wasn’t cheap, but anything nicer and closer to the city probably would have been 500K or more.  
I bet her parents had to co-sign because neither Tiffany or Lawson has a steady job.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 3

I just watched the wedding question video. Lawson says that Tiffany has the questions on her phone and will do most of the answering.  Yeah right, Lawson--you did most of the talking and talked right over her a few times.  He would turn to her, let her talk a few seconds and then took over the question.  One time I think I saw a look of annoyance on her face. 

I haven't watched most of their other videos.  Out of this bunch, only Evan and Carlin do a decent job with social media.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 8

I bit the bullet and watched. All I have to say is, Tiffany: "RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!."

Lawson is so smug and self-absorbed. Tiffany would start answering a question, and then he immediately cuts her off. He couldn't even let her answer questions about her dress without inserting himself into the equation. Tiffany's "I have to figure out what I'm going to do in Tennessee" made me sad. Honey, you're not going to do jack shit in Tennessee. You're forty-five minutes outside of Nashville and Lawson isn't going to sacrifice his pipe dreams so you can continue your acting career. I find it hard to believe a girl who appeared in Spiderman is going to be content doing YouTube. 

• Love 5

Lawson was blocking Tiff out of the picture half the time too. She seems sincere in her beliefs but I think once reality takes over and she is stuck in Tennessee, she may rethink the whole marriage is forever idea.

• Love 9
On 4/18/2022 at 1:11 PM, ozziemom said:

Lawson was blocking Tiff out of the picture half the time too. She seems sincere in her beliefs but I think once reality takes over and she is stuck in Tennessee, she may rethink the whole marriage is forever idea.

I really hope so.

• Love 6

So Tiff seems more . . . unsettled or real . . . lately. Prior to the wedding QA video posted above all I had ever had seen of Tiff was IG stories - the perfectly curated OMG yay I'm soooo excited about my boyfriend, engagement, inlaws, Tenn., dress/makeup/hair etc. Yet now it's like something has changed looking at the video above + her more recent IG stories.

Like on the video while she's prattling off the details of the wedding just fine [when her fiance lets her speak], when it comes to life she seems lost in thought -- as in 'uh I have to figure out what I'm going to DO in Nashville before we can do a day in the life in Nashville.' On a recent IG story she exchanged her Ca. license for a Tn. license and said more than once she was sad and just seemed down and you saw a moment of real when she was like - I'm sorry so much is changing so fast from licenses to moving to marriage etc.

Law could care less as he is too busy smiling at himself in the camera, and his solution to the license thing was to "reward" her by getting her a baby chick or duck. Uh doofus she didn't grow up in rural America, just bc she said they're cute doesn't mean she needs to take care of barnyard animals AND why did you have to push her to switch licenses now anyway? Do you really think she can't bolt bc oooohhh now she's Tenn. official? Give me a break? I mean she's a young bride she won't call it off now bc she'd worry too much about how it looks. But let's be real the conservative/evangelical non fundie community is FULL of people who made a big deal about saving themselves, thus married the first person who spoke to them at age 21, popped out a kid or two, and then realized they had nothing in common with their love -- and they all end up divorced by 25 and at 30-35 looking to re marry an actual life partner.

It's like it's hitting her now - either bc it's a month away or maybe bc the house for which her parents co-signed + very likely SHE put down the down payment now makes it real that this is THEIR house AND her parents are investing something in it besides just their good wishes to the couple.

I wonder how she really feels about the house. It's ~250k which puts you like 45+ min out of Nashville. I have a feeling that in her heart of hearts she knows anyone who is anyone in music lives IN Nashville, not 45 min away; this isn't Cali which is so densely populated + so expensive that living an hour from a metro area is normal. Plus it's a very blue collar neighborhood - hardly where the producers and musicians in town, even the younger ones live. I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with blue collar, it's just that she . . . isn't. I mean the shower her mom threw in Ca. featured a menu that was like lobster + shrimp + steak. And she's marrying a guy who has openly said that when they were kids mom/dad would bring home a leftover bite of steak and they'd fight over it; or a guy who just 5-6 yrs ago at Allie's bday party shoved fruit in his mouth with his aged 20+ siblings as if they had never been fed fruit before.

And being from the entertainment industry I think she also knows in her heart of hearts that a 30 yr old moving to Nashville w/ no record deal ain't getting discovered. All the aspiring musicians in Nashville without record deals basically play gigs non stop - as there are live musicians in every dive bar, restaurant, and hotel lobby basically 24-7. It pays the bills and keeps hope alive that they'll get discovered. Yet her sweetie won't do that bc . . . Jesus . . . I mean bars and restaurants have alcohol and scantily clad women . . . . It may be occurring to her that she's signed up for life with a doofus with delusions of grandeur but no future and no skills.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

I'm glad everyone's okay, but Lawson mugging for the camera and making bro gestures is a bit much. 

cereality, omg, yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one who's noticed the shift. Tiffany seemed quite reflective and subdued in that Driver's License video. I honestly don't think she's spent any real time at their new house or even in that area. Now that she's in TN she seems to be having some serious buyer's remorse. Like you said, the neighborhood is old and dated. It doesn't exactly scream "young families live here." Who is Tiffany going to socialize with? How will she meet friends? I assume they'll get themselves established at a church, but fitting in there may not be automatic. Katie's been in New Jersey for five months and still doesn't have anyone to hang out with. 

I 100% believe Tiff thought moving to Nashville meant they'd have a cute hipster condo near Music Row and they'd be mingling with industry heavyweights. Then the sticker shock of the housing market came and they needed her parents to co-sign on a dumpy fixer-upper nearly an hour outside of the city. 

Is Lawson really worth all the sacrifices? My Spidey Senses say no. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

Good point @BitterApple - Katie has been in NJ for 5 months at a church his family OWNS and still doesn't seem like she has any friends besides her SIL/his cousins. If Lawson cares at all and can stop himself from swooning at the camera for 5 min, he should 100% be reaching out to Evan and Carlin to get her introduced to Evan's family. E&C are in town at least 1-2x/month and have his friends that they go out with. Plus Evan has sisters who are obv quite a bit older than Tiff - likely in their 30s, but I think it'll help her just knowing SOMEONE and belonging to their church; it's easier to meet people in town/at church when you already know a few people. Evan has a SIL too - likely closer in age to Tiff - though IDK if that brother is really as involved w/ the Stewart family.

I think you're right. She prob thought - Nashville, an entertainment city that's more Godly that Hollywood [sure there's alcohol but just by virtue of being in the Bible Belt church is a huge thing, most people you deal with are Christians] + way cheaper than Cali = it'll be great to live there + I can likely advance my career as can Law + we can afford a super cool condo in the city bc this isn't Cali expensive, where we'll meet other young people. Instead she got a blue collar neighborhood an hour away which is likely populated by 50+ year old city workers and tradesmen, who have zero in common with an ASIAN Cali girl. Let's not forget how - ahem - not open minded those kinds of places can be. That neighborhood just does not seem AT ALL where young inter racial couples would live.

Though honestly given that it was HER down payment $ + HER parents co signing + very likely SHE is the one who pays/will pay for a lot of monthly expenses w/ the rent from her 2 San Diego properties, I don't see why she [or her parents] couldn't speak up?? Like in what world is anyone scared that effing LAWSON will leave them if they speak their mind? Like why couldn't she openly say, look we're an inter racial couple, the only diversity is in the city, as is the music/entertainment scene where we both need to meet people, let's RENT downtown for 2 years and then when we get to know the metro area we'll know where to buy?? I mean I know people are acting like OMG if I don't buy now I never will, housing will never crash blah blah -- but it's already starting to slow down and what's the big deal if they didn't buy for another 12 or 24 months??

• Love 5
6 hours ago, moonchild81 said:

Had to laugh at Lawson, as usual, explaining that out of the blue a car hit him on the passenger side.  While turning left.  Most of those accidents happen when the driver is turning when they shouldn't be.  Hope he was ticketed.  He probably figured he could turn left on a yellow and got broadsided.  Happens so often in Colorado.  

• Love 4